PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Sephiroth_Strife
26th October 2011, 4:05 AM
I'm on the top floor of Celestial Tower. Flynt or whatever his name is has gone back to the Pokemon League, so there are no NPCs left up here. It's just me.

*edit* Which menu do I look for the traits of the Pokemon I caught in? Inspector or Searcher?
In Inspector, I got an Initial PID Frame of 47. The "Generate from Initial PID Frame" is checked, the grayed-out range beneath it is 50 - 150

kaiser soze
26th October 2011, 4:31 AM
I'm on the top floor of Celestial Tower. Flynt or whatever his name is has gone back to the Pokemon League, so there are no NPCs left up here. It's just me.

*edit* Which menu do I look for the traits of the Pokemon I caught in? Inspector or Searcher?
In Inspector, I got an Initial PID Frame of 47. The "Generate from Initial PID Frame" is checked, the grayed-out range beneath it is 50 - 150
OK, so 71-47=24 PID advancements needed. Got some Chalots?

Sephiroth_Strife
26th October 2011, 4:33 AM
I've got one. I could get more and transfer from my Platinum though.

Metagross-
26th October 2011, 4:34 AM
I don't have access to a computer right now so I'm on my phone. I'm trying to RNG a shiny litwick egg. My SF is 46, SsF is 49 and target frame is 73 and I tried hitting 24 twice and 25 once all of them I have hit my Iv frame on, what do you suggest I try next.

EDIT: Just use pokecheck.org for chatots, it's much easier.

TDawg
26th October 2011, 4:35 AM
Well you can be hitting a entirely different seed. Hittting is so precise it comes down to milliseconds (for Me which is weird).

Ces
26th October 2011, 4:36 AM
I've got one. I could get more and transfer from my Platinum though.

Only one is required. Next time you hit your seed, do 24 chatot flips (make sure your chatot has a custom recorded chatter, it resets when put into the pc).

TDawg
26th October 2011, 4:40 AM
First of all, I tried to sync my DS clock with my PC clock and the DS is now 14 seconds ahead of my PC's clock.

So I typed in 46, for 46 + 14 = 60, a minute, because I was lurking around on smogon again and it said in one of it's guides to 'select the game on the DS's main menu, as soon as the clock hits the next minute.

Again I apoligize if i'm not explaining it clearly.

Okay why did you sync it with your pc? you need to just hit the time you want from your DS clock. No computer syncing involved (besides parameters of course). And hitting a seed at a minute is somewhat annoying because you have to wait a whole minute. SO try to hit a time 8:40:15/30 those are good times.

Metagross-
26th October 2011, 4:56 AM
Well you can be hitting a entirely different seed. Hittting is so precise it comes down to milliseconds (for Me which is weird).

So I should probaly just try it at 24 PID advancements a few more times?

TDawg
26th October 2011, 5:30 AM
Yeah if it doesn't work move to another seed when you get back to your computer.

drothagreat0ne
26th October 2011, 6:56 AM
So I decided to restart my game. I want to get the Legendaries now that I know how to RNG. I started out with this guy:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/495.gif#495 Snivy | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/grass.gif | ♂ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Timid | Ability: Overgrow | Characteristic: Likes to trash about.
Date: 10/25/2011 | Location: Nuvema Town
IVs: x/31/x/30/x/31

*Edit*

Made it to Striaton. Tried my luck in the Dreamyard and got this:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/515.gif#515 Panpour | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/water.gif | ♂ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Careful | Ability: Gluttony | Characteristic: Mischievous.
Date: 10/31/2011 | Location: Dreamyard
IVs: x/31/x/31/x/31

Metagross-
26th October 2011, 2:15 PM
A few of m recent RNG's
(I don't know how to make the fancy formats. :P)

Modest
IV's:31/x/31/31/31/31
Celestial Tower
Got like 4 or 5 variants of this with different HP's

Adamant
31/31/31/x/31/31
Skyarrow Bridge
EM: Thunderpunch

Modest
31/x/31/31/31/31

Sephiroth_Strife
26th October 2011, 7:46 PM
Kiaser soze, can i just pm you for step by step help with this? whether encountering a shiny litwick or hatching one? preferably the former...

drakethemaster
26th October 2011, 7:51 PM
1. Can I use any pokemon that knows sweet scent?
2. How do I find my DS's mac address?

The Eleventh
26th October 2011, 7:51 PM
@Sephiroth_Stife, you shouldn't have to calculate your parameters again if you've done it properly. Once is sufficient, as long as you're certain they're correct.

1. Can I use any pokemon that knows sweet scent?
2. How do I find my DS's mac address?
1. Yes, you can.

2. It's found by going to Nintendo WFC Settings when you load your game. Instead of clicking your file, scroll down. Click the orange button, then System Information. You'll see your MAC Address there.

kaiser soze
26th October 2011, 9:41 PM
Kiaser soze, can i just pm you for step by step help with this? whether encountering a shiny litwick or hatching one? preferably the former...
I would check out the Bearsfan092drums Youtube vids. They cover most of the logistics of finding a shiny. He uses RNGreporter, but once you knowhow to find a seed and what frames you need it's not a big deal.

Sephiroth_Strife
26th October 2011, 10:47 PM
Okay, I think the main reasons I had trouble were that I'd forget to change the date and start it one second before the listed time. I've gotten a Litwick to show up twice, but I've only ever gotten the shiny star filled in on Seed Inspector once. It was in the screenshot I posted and can't duplicate because I didn't save the seed list.

And is there some way to find out what level the pokemon is supposed to show up at, their stats, etc, like he does finds in the video? I have no rare candies and it might take just a little while to get the litwick high enough to get accurate IV calculations.

kaiser soze
26th October 2011, 11:03 PM
Okay, I think the main reasons I had trouble were that I'd forget to change the date and start it one second before the listed time. I've gotten a Litwick to show up twice, but I've only ever gotten the shiny star filled in on Seed Inspector once. It was in the screenshot I posted and can't duplicate because I didn't save the seed list.

And is there some way to find out what level the pokemon is supposed to show up at, their stats, etc, like he does finds in the video? I have no rare candies and it might take just a little while to get the litwick high enough to get accurate IV calculations.
Sounds like you got the gist of it, just need more tries.

To find their IVs, use an IV calculator (here's Serebii's (http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml)). The best way is to use a seed with multiple 31s so you can have a better idea if you got the right range. Also, you can use a few rare candies, then reset without saving so they're not actually gone.

Sephiroth_Strife
26th October 2011, 11:36 PM
Apparently not. Tried some more, still confused. I'm just gonna throw some information down right now: I'm at Celestial Tower's Floor 5 so there are no NPCs. I've been picking seeds with an IV frame of 1 so that I don't need to walk all over the place. No settings for Hidden Power. Just trying to get a Litwick with 31 IVs in Special Attack and Litwick is on 0 and all even number ESVs. When I find a seed with the IVs and nature I want in Searcher, do I need to open it in Inspector for anything other than finding my Initial PID? I'm in an area with no NPCs, so adjusting PID is pointless unless I want shiny, right?

A written step-by-step guide would really help a lot, but the smogon one is gone. The link comes up with a 404 and the trippy illusion of an open box.

Vandslaux
27th October 2011, 12:18 AM
Egg moves are alway possible; the two are completely independent processes

By that, I meant if it's possible to RNG egg moves w/ only a DSi.

pwnswitchclik
27th October 2011, 1:03 AM
Hey, guys I'm back. So, I tried to do the search at Ces's recomended time, it didn't work either, BUT I deleted the info I had written (which was I thought it was right) in Time Finder>5th Gen DS Parameters, then I refilled in the respective data for the parameter finder and the thing finally worked!

So here's the new data:

http://milfotos.org/images/a6b62823c16e21bf5bb55fa7ecfb770e.JPG

Ces
27th October 2011, 1:09 AM
Hey, guys I'm back. So, I tried to do the search at Ces's recomended time, it didn't work either, BUT I deleted the info I had written (which was I thought it was right) in Time Finder>5th Gen DS Parameters, then I refilled in the respective data for the parameter finder and the thing finally worked!

So here's the new data:

http://milfotos.org/images/a6b62823c16e21bf5bb55fa7ecfb770e.JPG

Awesome! Your next step will be to click on "use results in time finder" to the left.

pwnswitchclik
27th October 2011, 1:14 AM
Awesome! Your next step will be to click on "use results in time finder" to the left.

Done. What's the next step?

Ces
27th October 2011, 1:15 AM
Done. What's the next step?

That depends on what you want to do. I did eggs first, that's where I have the most experience. With other things, I can't really help that much to be honest.

pwnswitchclik
27th October 2011, 1:23 AM
That depends on what you want to do. I did eggs first, that's where I have the most experience. With other things, I can't really help that much to be honest.

There are two things I want to do: Capturing flawless shinies and breeding flawless shinies.

BTW, for future captures, should I repeat hitting seeds or can this captured seed for all future captures?

Ces
27th October 2011, 1:27 AM
There are two things I want to do: Capturing flawless shinies and breeding flawless shinies.

BTW, for future captures, should I repeat hitting seeds or can this captured seed for all future captures?

If you want the same exact shiny, I believe you can just hit the same seed. For breeding flawless shinies, I can try and work you through that, although it will take some patience.

TDawg
27th October 2011, 4:30 AM

Alright well you should start with catching flawless pokes. Maybe not shiny because it'll be really hard to find seeds but this gives you good practice for chatot flipping and getting your shifted starting frame (essential for breeding flawless shinies). Also helps you with firguring out IV RNG advancement. Your 1st project should to get a flawless ditto.

Metagross-
27th October 2011, 4:35 AM
An anyone teach me how to get those cool little formats? I got my first shiny with good IVs.

TDawg
27th October 2011, 4:44 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/223.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/224.gif
#223 Remoraid | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/water.gif | Male | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Modest | Ability: Hustle (Suction Cup) | Characteristic: ???.
Date: 9/01/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Water Spout

There you go. Quote this and then copy it and you'll get TDawg's awesome format ;) BTW it's not really a format, we all kind of just make our own little info thingy.

Metagross-
27th October 2011, 5:17 AM
Litwick | Female | Luxury Ball
Nature: Modest | Ability: Flash Fire | Characteristic: ???.
Date: 1/27/2017 | Met: Celestial Tower | Met at Lvl. 26
IVs: 30/x/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s):

My first shiny, I just got a shiny lunatome, same seed, too.

Metagross-
27th October 2011, 5:18 AM
Litwick | Female | Luxury Ball
Nature: Modest | Ability: Flash Fire | Characteristic: ???.
Date: 1/27/2017 | Met: Celestial Tower | Met at Lvl. 26
IVs: 30/x/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s):

My first shiny, I just got a shiny lunatome, same seed, too.

TDawg
27th October 2011, 5:20 AM
Good job. Keep em coming!

Metagross-
27th October 2011, 5:23 AM
Well I did it but my IE crashed, I'll do it later, well my first RNGed shiny was flawless, modest litwick and I just got a lunatone with the same seed.

Edit: it posted I guess

Can I use my wild pokemon seed to get my kyuerm or verizion?

kaiser soze
27th October 2011, 5:40 AM
Well I did it but my IE crashed, I'll do it later, well my first RNGed shiny was flawless, modest litwick and I just got a lunatone with the same seed.

Edit: it posted I guess

Can I use my wild pokemon seed to get my kyuerm or verizion?
Yes, seeds are more than re-usable (as long as they have the same Encounter Slot Values) ^_^ I used the same seed for my Terrakion, Virizion, and Landorus

Metagross-
27th October 2011, 6:10 AM
Didn't know if my stationary and wild pokemon seeds would be the same.
Just got a shiny Kyurem, Modest, IVs: 30/x/31/31/31/31

2rsa
27th October 2011, 5:49 PM
I have a question.
Whats the best way to RNG Reshiram/Zekrom?

The Eleventh
27th October 2011, 5:53 PM
I have a question.
Whats the best way to RNG Reshiram/Zekrom?
Standard Seed Abuse, as always.

Sephiroth_Strife
27th October 2011, 6:53 PM
well my first RNGed shiny was flawless, modest litwick

How?! I've been trying to do that for two days now and have gotten nothing! What settings are you putting into the program? I hardly ever get a shiny star to show up in PPRNG, let alone in-game... I find a seed I want, set up the time, date, IV frame, and PID properly, but I don't get anything.

kaiser soze
27th October 2011, 7:24 PM
How?! I've been trying to do that for two days now and have gotten nothing! What settings are you putting into the program? I hardly ever get a shiny star to show up in PPRNG, let alone in-game... I find a seed I want, set up the time, date, IV frame, and PID properly, but I don't get anything.
Did you ever enter in your Secret ID? Just double-checking

drothagreat0ne
27th October 2011, 7:48 PM

Since I also use PPRNG, I'll try an help you out as much as possible. So, first things first:

What did you put into the DS / Game Config?

TDawg
27th October 2011, 7:50 PM

Calm down. It always helps me hit a seed

Sephiroth_Strife
27th October 2011, 9:40 PM
I did enter my Secret ID. I used pokecheck to find it. It said it was 5010, so I put in 05010, because they drop the first zero for whatever reason. And I am calm. Exasperation is different than nerd rage. Lol
*edit* drothagreat0ne, my DS Parameters are TID: 08680 SID: 05010. Using a DS Lite, Timer0 = C7F, VCount = 60, and VFrame = 8 for both Min and Max. The MAC Address is in there correctly too.

Vandslaux
27th October 2011, 10:07 PM
Basically, if you don't have a DS or DS Lite, RNGing isn't worth it, at all? I'm pretty sure you can't do egg moves (sobs) or shinies (sobs even more:()?

TDawg
27th October 2011, 10:36 PM
Basically, if you don't have a DS or DS Lite, RNGing isn't worth it, at all? I'm pretty sure you can't do egg moves (sobs) or shinies (sobs even more:()?

Not for 5th gen. And you can do egg moves just fine. Egg moves don't have anything to do with the RNG but yeah shinies will be extremely hard to get.

kaiser soze
27th October 2011, 10:51 PM
Seriously though just save up some money and buy a used DS (lite). You can get one for less than $100 easily. That's like the price of two video games.

Vandslaux
27th October 2011, 11:09 PM
Not for 5th gen. And you can do egg moves just fine. Egg moves don't have anything to do with the RNG but yeah shinies will be extremely hard to get.

That would mean C-Gear RNGing an egg, something I'm pretty sure can't be done.

Ces
27th October 2011, 11:16 PM
That would mean C-Gear RNGing an egg, something I'm pretty sure can't be done.

But passing on egg moves just requires the male parent to know a move that is compatible with the baby form. All babies will get egg moves, if they can, regardless of RNGing or not.

Vandslaux
27th October 2011, 11:19 PM
What I mean is I don't think you can breed with C-Gear RNGing. I know egg moves and RNGing have nothing to do with each other.

drothagreat0ne
27th October 2011, 11:27 PM
I did enter my Secret ID. I used pokecheck to find it. It said it was 5010, so I put in 05010, because they drop the first zero for whatever reason. And I am calm. Exasperation is different than nerd rage. Lol
*edit* drothagreat0ne, my DS Parameters are TID: 08680 SID: 05010. Using a DS Lite, Timer0 = C7F, VCount = 60, and VFrame = 8 for both Min and Max. The MAC Address is in there correctly too.

If you don't mind, can you PM your MAC Address and the seed you're trying to hit so that I can follow along with you?

pwnswitchclik
28th October 2011, 12:53 AM
If you want the same exact shiny, I believe you can just hit the same seed. For breeding flawless shinies, I can try and work you through that, although it will take some patience.

So, does that mean this seed can do for, say, a shiny metang, but if I want to catch a different shiny, I should re-do the ds parameter finding thing, to hit another seed?

Alright well you should start with catching flawless pokes. Maybe not shiny because it'll be really hard to find seeds but this gives you good practice for chatot flipping and getting your shifted starting frame (essential for breeding flawless shinies). Also helps you with firguring out IV RNG advancement. Your 1st project should to get a flawless ditto.

Ok. So Where do I kick off?

TDawg
28th October 2011, 2:43 AM
Okay go into the time finder and under the set up put 3 keypresses then go to capture tab. Then assuming you're going for a flawless ditto put in all the info like this \/

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1456/capturerng.jpg

Seed might take awhile so find something productive to do like read a book, homework, etc.

jolteon135
28th October 2011, 4:59 AM
What I mean is I don't think you can breed with C-Gear RNGing. I know egg moves and RNGing have nothing to do with each other.
Get an old DS;Stop trying to do C-Gear RNGing. It isn't worth all the work...

C-Gear should only be used for entralink Pokemon because you can't do those via non c-gear. For everything else non c-gear is the easier and more rewarding option.

P.S. It's possible to c-gear RNG eggs but it's ridiculously hard to do (especially without an AR).

So, does that mean this seed can do for, say, a shiny metang, but if I want to catch a different shiny, I should re-do the ds parameter finding thing, to hit another seed?
You never have to redo your parameters. Parameters are always the same for a given cartridge/DS pair. Only thing to remember is that you have 2 timer0 values. If you don't know your second timer0 don't worry about it right now.

Roronoa Zoro
28th October 2011, 5:21 AM
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to RNGing but I managed to get my first near-perfect shiny RNG (it's a dratini). I'll post the info with a nice template later.

MSK
28th October 2011, 8:21 PM
Hi All, need a little help now that I've RNG'd what I wanted.
Just captured a Shiny, Lonely Terrakion 31/31/31/18/31/31 :)
Now I want to EV train it properly, have infected it with Pokerus and fed it 10 Protein and 10 Carbos. I have the relevant Power items for it to hold so to get my maximum 252 in Attack and Speed how many Patrat/Lillipup and Basculins exactly do I need to fight?

Roronoa Zoro
28th October 2011, 8:28 PM
Try this thread:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=498201

Anyways, here's my latest RNG:

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/147.png

#147 Dratini | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/dragon.gif | ♂
Adamant | 10/1/2011 | Skyarrow Bridge | Egg hatched
Likes to thrash about. Egg Moves: N/A | Marvel Scale
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31

Roronoa Zoro
28th October 2011, 8:37 PM
Well, for Attack:

25 battles with the power item, 1 battle without

For Speed:

21 Battles with the power item

he fed them vitamins to it though, so it should be less.

drothagreat0ne
28th October 2011, 8:43 PM
he fed them vitamins to it though, so it should be less.

Yeah, sorry. I didn't see that part until I had posted. As far as Attack, just do 15 battles with the power item (15*10=150), then one without (150+2=152). Speed is a bit different. It takes about 12 battles (12*12 = 144). Then two more battles without the power item (144+8=152).

TDawg
28th October 2011, 8:49 PM
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/147.png
#147 Dratini | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/dragon.gif | ♂
Adamant | 10/1/2011 | Skyarrow Bridge | Egg hatched
Likes to thrash about. Egg Moves: N/A | Marvel Scale

Congrats on the poke. He's on my to do list. But no ES on yours :( lol

Roronoa Zoro
28th October 2011, 8:50 PM
Congrats on the poke. He's on my to do list. But no ES on yours :( lol

What does ES mean?

Winter02
28th October 2011, 8:55 PM
What does ES mean?
I guess it would mean Extremespeed in this case.

Roronoa Zoro
28th October 2011, 8:58 PM
I guess it would mean Extremespeed in this case.

Oh, okay, thanks.

I wasn't going for an ES Dratini. I prefer the bulky dragon dance variety.

TDawg
28th October 2011, 9:01 PM
Okay yeah I see

pwnswitchclik
29th October 2011, 12:20 AM
Okay go into the time finder and under the set up put 3 keypresses then go to capture tab. Then assuming you're going for a flawless ditto put in all the info like this \/

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1456/capturerng.jpg

Seed might take awhile so find something productive to do like read a book, homework, etc.

Hey, the thing just finished and it found 6 seeds.

http://milfotos.org/images/6483509270d19bac6b2100a8f5e161b9.JPG

drothagreat0ne
29th October 2011, 12:46 AM
pwnswitchclik, I suggest going for the one on IV frame 1.

TDawg
29th October 2011, 12:56 AM
Okay perfect that you ended up with one that was frame one. Okay so in Giant Chasm there's fog. GET RID OF IT. save in the area, change date 1 month ahead and then battle, run away. Fog should be gone. Then you change the date to the frame one seed. Now you wanna copy that full seed and put it in the main page of rngreporter and go to Method 5 PIDRNG. Put the seed you copied into the seed9hex0 box and then calculate your initial PIDRNG frame. From there you need to pick an encounter slot you want. Ditto is 3 and 5. So you wanna find a low PID that has the encounter slot 3 or 5 and then next you really just can pick any nature you want that has the es. Okay so now it's were it's time to catch the ditto! so when starting a seed you wanna start one second before the seed actually says so in your case it should be 10:56:24. Then proceed to chatot flip however many you need (frame you want to get to - starting frame = # of chatot flips needed) then sweet scent.

pwnswitchclik
29th October 2011, 1:27 AM
Okay perfect that you ended up with one that was frame one. Okay so in Giant Chasm there's fog. GET RID OF IT. save in the area, change date 1 month ahead and then battle, run away. Fog should be gone. Then you change the date to the frame one seed. Now you wanna copy that full seed and put it in the main page of rngreporter and go to Method 5 PIDRNG. Put the seed you copied into the seed9hex0 box and then calculate your initial PIDRNG frame. From there you need to pick an encounter slot you want. Ditto is 3 and 5. So you wanna find a low PID that has the encounter slot 3 or 5 and then next you really just can pick any nature you want that has the es. Okay so now it's were it's time to catch the ditto! so when starting a seed you wanna start one second before the seed actually says so in your case it should be 10:56:24. Then proceed to chatot flip however many you need (frame you want to get to - starting frame = # of chatot flips needed) then sweet scent.

I pressed Calculate Initial PID Frame and nothing showed up.

http://milfotos.org/images/5c3761662dac52686d496cf54e80f74e.JPG

Roronoa Zoro
29th October 2011, 1:31 AM
Click Generate.

pwnswitchclik
29th October 2011, 1:33 AM
Click Generate.

Done. Now which one should I look for?

Roronoa Zoro
29th October 2011, 1:36 AM
Done. Now which one should I look for?

Are you going for a shiny?

pwnswitchclik
29th October 2011, 1:38 AM
Are you going for a shiny?

Yes. Btw, what do the natures highlighted in bold black and grey mean?

Roronoa Zoro
29th October 2011, 1:44 AM
Yes. Btw, what do the natures highlighted in bold black and grey mean?

What do Bold Results Mean?
Any nature in bold letter is syncable. This means if you have a synchronizer it will change to the nature of your synchronizer.

pwnswitchclik
29th October 2011, 1:50 AM
Oh, so that's what it means. thanks. TDawg, when you say find a low PID did you mean low frame? 'Cause how can i see low PIDs if there's letters and numbers?

PS: It's almost 2 AM here. May I just save the game and do the rest tomorrow?

TDawg
29th October 2011, 1:50 AM
You have to find a shiny seed if you want a shiny. The one you have might have one but will be in the thousands which is ridiculous. Shiny captures I will tell you right now aren't worth your time simply because it takes too much time to find a good seed for one.

EDIT: You wanna look at the numbers. Those are your PID frames.

SasakiThePikachu
29th October 2011, 1:08 PM
REQUEST for RNG breeding project:

I'm looking for a shiny, Modest female Charmander, with the egg move Dragon Pulse, the right IVs for Hidden Power Grass (flawless IVS all around would be great, but not crucial), and the nickname JOYCE. Must be level 1 UT.

Can offer egg move pokes or another flawless RNGd shiny in return, I have a few to choose from including a Litwick or Drilbur or Dratini (last two have egg moves). Check my sig for other offers, or just ask. Willing to negotiate, as I really want this Charmander, and have no time or patience for RNGing myself!! PM to contact, thanks.

TDawg
29th October 2011, 6:38 PM
REQUEST for RNG breeding project:

I'm looking for a shiny, Modest female Charmander, with the egg move Dragon Pulse, the right IVs for Hidden Power Grass (flawless IVS all around would be great, but not crucial), and the nickname JOYCE. Must be level 1 UT.

Can offer egg move pokes or another flawless RNGd shiny in return, I have a few to choose from including a Litwick or Drilbur or Dratini (last two have egg moves). Check my sig for other offers, or just ask. Willing to negotiate, as I really want this Charmander, and have no time or patience for RNGing myself!! PM to contact, thanks.

Uhm sorry but this isn't a trade thread, it's a discussion and help thread so you're looking in the wrong place.

SasakiThePikachu
29th October 2011, 8:58 PM
Uhm sorry but this isn't a trade thread, it's a discussion and help thread so you're looking in the wrong place.

Yeah, but as far as I can tell an RNG specific trade thread doesn't exist. Might as well post here to cover all my bases. Especially as lots of the people here know how to RNG. Makes sense, yar?

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
29th October 2011, 9:02 PM
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with asking for a RNG breed/capture project in this thread. It is for RNG discussion, after all.

Tarro57
29th October 2011, 9:21 PM
Oh, he told you TDawg... So, who wants to RNG those for him? I can't right now, so anyone else?

TDawg
29th October 2011, 10:06 PM
Lol okay... Well I am on RNG break so I can't

drothagreat0ne
29th October 2011, 10:48 PM
I've been wondering: Which Pokemon, in this thread, has been RNG'd the most?

And is it cool to ask for suggestions on what to RNG?

TDawg
29th October 2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah you could ask lol and there's a lot pokemon that people don't RNG. Uhm you could do Delibird if you're looking for originality

Winter02
29th October 2011, 11:16 PM
I've been wondering: Which Pokemon, in this thread, has been RNG'd the most?

And is it cool to ask for suggestions on what to RNG?
There are a couple of Pokemon that everybody seems to RNG, most notable OUs and Pokemon with useful Dream World abilities.

If you want a suggestion, I agree with TDawg, do something original! If Delibird doesn't suit you, maybe another not so useful NU Pokemon like Ledian or Ariados? But it also depends on what you plan to do with them afterwards.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
29th October 2011, 11:18 PM
Suggesting to RNG a Delibird may be comparable to outright trolling somebody.

drothagreat0ne
29th October 2011, 11:35 PM
LOL @ Advent

Thanks guys. I've been meaning to make a Delibird with Ice Punch. So there it is. I'll go for that and I'll also breed a Toxic Spikes Ariados.

pwnswitchclik
30th October 2011, 12:52 AM
@TDawg, judging from this pic:

http://milfotos.org/images/816e4a5003e74b7e9779dfb58702dfb9.JPG

The best choice is frame 58, right? It's the one lowest one with a ditto encounter slot...

Benefactor
30th October 2011, 12:54 AM
The slots for Ditto are actually 3 and 6. (sad that I know that from memory...)

pwnswitchclik
30th October 2011, 12:57 AM
The slots for Ditto are actually 3 and 6. (sad that I know that from memory...)

So, that means it's frame 47 for me (it has encounter slot 6) - Edit: Sorry, the prntscreen doesn't show it.

Benefactor
30th October 2011, 12:58 AM
So, that means it's frame 62 for me, then.

Yup. It's a Synchronize frame too so you can control the nature if you want.

E: Caught before your edit...but yeah either will work.

pwnswitchclik
30th October 2011, 1:10 AM
Alright, then. BTW, 2 things:does chatot flip mean: use chatter outside of battles?
and second thing: what else advances frames?

Shadow_Assailant
30th October 2011, 1:13 AM
Alright, then. BTW, 2 things:does chatot flip mean: use chatter outside of battles?

Chatot Flipping refers to recording a custom Chatter for a Chatot that knows the move Chatter. After recording the custom Chatter, by viewing the Chatot's summary, you advance the PID Frame. Flipping usually refers to having more than one Chatot in your party and going between the summaries of them.

pwnswitchclik
30th October 2011, 1:22 AM
Chatot Flipping refers to recording a custom Chatter for a Chatot that knows the move Chatter. After recording the custom Chatter, by viewing the Chatot's summary, you advance the PID Frame. Flipping usually refers to having more than one Chatot in your party and going between the summaries of them.

Alrighty, thanks, two final things: those 3 keypresses i was told to input in RNGreporter's time finder and that came out in the results, what are they for?

And second, is hatching shinies easier than capturing shinies?

drothagreat0ne
30th October 2011, 1:25 AM
Those are the buttons you have to press and hold when you start up the game. Hold it until the Game Freak animation comes on.

IMO, it is easier to hatch shinies. You get a whole lot more seeds for hatching shinies than trying to encounter one.

pwnswitchclik
30th October 2011, 1:42 AM
Hey, I just did the whole thing, you know, change the date to the time of the seed, hit at the second I was supposed to hit, then right after that, I pressed and holded the 3 buttons and later chatot flipped and sweet scented, and it came out a solrock. it was supposed to be a ditto. What gives?:/

jolteon135
30th October 2011, 5:34 AM
Hey, I just did the whole thing, you know, change the date to the time of the seed, hit at the second I was supposed to hit, then right after that, I pressed and holded the 3 buttons and later chatot flipped and sweet scented, and it came out a solrock. it was supposed to be a ditto. What gives?:/

So the IVs were correct? If yes, just figure out what PID frame you hit (look for the PID frame that matches that Solrock) and adjust.

TDawg
30th October 2011, 7:12 AM
So the IVs were correct? If yes, just figure out what PID frame you hit (look for the PID frame that matches that Solrock) and adjust.

Yeah on top of what Jolteon is saying you need to catch the pokemon even if it isn't the poke you're looking for. Forgot to mention that so my bad. Lol sorry Jolteon just thought I'd mention that.

SasakiThePikachu
30th October 2011, 11:57 AM
Tarro57 or TDawg, is there any chance one of you guys would do this RNG for me when you're off your break? I don't need the charmander *right now*; I just need to find someone who is willing to do it at all, as the last person who promised to it kind of disappeared without a word. I'm totally willing to wait for someone to do it at their convenience :)

shadow_burnt
30th October 2011, 3:52 PM
Can somebody, If I trade you a DWF jolly Staravia and Jolly Staraptor, breed me a Jolly Shiny Starly male? Or at least explain RNGing SIMPLY

kaiser soze
30th October 2011, 4:02 PM
This is NOT a trade thread!

shadow_burnt
30th October 2011, 4:04 PM
I just asked it somebody could explain it to me sheesh.

SasakiThePikachu
30th October 2011, 4:17 PM

It's an RNG discussion, and I'm requesting an RNG project. No need to pull out the giant font and capital letters like a little kid. Allow me to repeat myself:

Yeah, but as far as I can tell an RNG specific trade thread doesn't exist. Might as well post here to cover all my bases. Especially as lots of the people here know how to RNG. Makes sense, yar?

pwnswitchclik
30th October 2011, 6:04 PM

Yeah on top of what Jolteon is saying you need to catch the pokemon even if it isn't the poke you're looking for. Forgot to mention that so my bad. Lol sorry Jolteon just thought I'd mention that.

http://milfotos.org/images/1d6ddaad03a09d49cc0c7ed8a361de08.JPG

What if was the keypress part that I went wrong? Would be better if I just ask for no keypresses in the time finder?

I went with encounter slot 6 because someone corrected that for ditto it was encounter slots 3 and 6.

TDawg
30th October 2011, 6:16 PM
http://milfotos.org/images/1d6ddaad03a09d49cc0c7ed8a361de08.JPG

What if was the keypress part that I went wrong? Would be better if I just ask for no keypresses in the time finder?

I went with encounter slot 6 because someone corrected that for ditto it was encounter slots 3 and 6.

Well with no keypresses you will most likely get nothing for seeds. If it was the keypresses then your IVs will be messed up. Which in your picture is why you don't have a flawless Solrock. Also you know you have to hold the buttons from right when you press A to when the GameFreak star appears on the screen right?

My bad on the ES spots :p

See when I say this everyone bashes on me -_-. Guess you have more authority Kaiser

Winter02
30th October 2011, 7:37 PM
No trade thread huh? Those who want to make an RNG request should look somewhere else (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226).

And I finally got these two done:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/60.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/61.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/186.png
#060 -> #061 -> #186. Cloud (Poliwag -> Poliwhirl -> Politoed) (★)
OT: Snacko | ID: 61034 | Gender: Male
Nature: Modest | Ability: Swift Swim -> Drizzle | Type: Water
Hidden Power: Grass [70] | Location hatched: Wellspring Cave
IVs: 31 HP | 14 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Water Sport / Mud Shot / Endure

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/37.png
#037. HeartKreuz (Vulpix) (★)
Nature: Timid | Ability: Drought | Type: Fire
Hidden Power: Ground [70] | Location hatched: Lostlorn Forest
IVs: 31 HP | 7 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 30 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Ember

Next up is something big. The only Pokemon out of all 646 that I have never previously owned. Should be done either today or tomorrow.

TDawg
30th October 2011, 8:06 PM
Thank you for showing them the way Winter! and nice RNGs

drothagreat0ne
30th October 2011, 8:08 PM
Congrats on those RNG, Winter02. I really like how you format your post. Nice and clean.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
30th October 2011, 8:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with requesting RNG projects in this thread. Until there is a place to viably do so, I think it's fine.

Not everyone on the forums' trade shops can RNG, you know.

MSK
30th October 2011, 8:40 PM
Hey All

Just wanted to know if it's possible to RNG Gift Pokemon to make them shiny? I know a lot of the Legends have shiny lock on them in Black and White so wasn't sure if gifts are as well.
Reason I ask I've been waiting to pick up my Jap Mewtwo til I find a good seed but wanted to know if I can make him shiny as well :)

SasakiThePikachu
30th October 2011, 8:45 PM
No trade thread huh? Those who want to make an RNG request should look somewhere else (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226).

Except that not all Trade Shops do RNG requests. In fact, because I spent about 4 hours trawling through them today I can safely say that even those of them that offer RNGs do not take usually requests for projects.

So, all things considered, I'd say this is still the best place until, like Advent said, an RNG request trade thread is created. *looks hopefully at the mods*

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
30th October 2011, 8:53 PM
Hey All

Just wanted to know if it's possible to RNG Gift Pokemon to make them shiny? I know a lot of the Legends have shiny lock on them in Black and White so wasn't sure if gifts are as well.
Reason I ask I've been waiting to pick up my Jap Mewtwo til I find a good seed but wanted to know if I can make him shiny as well :)

If it's an event, then I'm afraid it's shiny-locked unless it's coded to do so.

But if it's a "Gift" like receiving resurrected fossils, then they are possible to be made shiny with the appropriate seed and PID frame.

TDawg
30th October 2011, 9:32 PM
I kind feel like a specific RNG quest thread should be made. lol Like where people can ask for one or offer

drothagreat0ne
30th October 2011, 9:47 PM
Hey All

Yes, it's possibly. I was able to RNG the gift elemental monkey.

*edit* TDawg, that Scrafty in your sig looks so boss!

Bluebird55
30th October 2011, 9:53 PM
On the video on smogon, the video says that the pokemon's Actual second is 26, where he typed in 25 seconds, does that mean you have to get the pokemon EXACTLY 1 second after going on, or does it appear EXACTLY 1 second after going on?

It looks awfully complex, does it just require typing in a few random numbers and finding a match? I know I have to download the software, but it looks so complex.

drothagreat0ne
30th October 2011, 9:55 PM
The 1 second difference is because the game is a bit slow to start up when you load it. So, for example, you start the game up at 12:30:28, the game itself would actually load at 12:30:29. I hope that makes sense.

TDawg
30th October 2011, 9:59 PM
On the video on smogon, the video says that the pokemon's Actual second is 26, where he typed in 25 seconds, does that mean you have to get the pokemon EXACTLY 1 second after going on, or does it appear EXACTLY 1 second after going on?

It looks awfully complex, does it just require typing in a few random numbers and finding a match? I know I have to download the software, but it looks so complex.

Lol I think you're confused. the second before is when you hit a seed. Not when you get the pokemon. It's not to complex either and it's not random numbers either.

Bluebird55
30th October 2011, 10:13 PM
Ok...I'll try to make sense of it..hopefully :-).

TDawg
30th October 2011, 10:14 PM
Ever need help come here!

Winter02
30th October 2011, 10:52 PM
Thank you for showing them the way Winter! and nice RNGs

Congrats on those RNG, Winter02. I really like how you format your post. Nice and clean.
Thanks guys. As for the format... I can't even remember where or how I got it.

Except that not all Trade Shops do RNG requests. In fact, because I spent about 4 hours trawling through them today I can safely say that even those of them that offer RNGs do not take usually requests for projects.

So, all things considered, I'd say this is still the best place until, like Advent said, an RNG request trade thread is created. *looks hopefully at the mods*
Meh, I know that there are shops that take requests, and there are other shops that might have what you are looking for already. But I saw that you got help to get what you wanted, so nevermind.

But maybe an "RNG trading thread" or something like that would help.

Oh, and:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/645.png
#645. Landorus
Nature: Naive | Ability: Sand Force | Type: Ground / Flying
Hidden Power: Ice [70] | Location caught: Abundant Shrine
IVs: 30 HP | 31 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Rock Slide / Earthquake / Sandstorm / Fissure

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/645.png
#645. Landorus
OT: Tally | ID: 46329 | Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Sand Force | Type: Ground / Flying
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location caught: Abundant Shrine
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 1 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Rock Slide / Earthquake / Sandstorm / Fissure
Got this guy once and for all. It's moments like this that makes me glad to have both games. Next up... an obvious trio or a very unobvious trio? Not sure what I shall start with.

TDawg
30th October 2011, 11:05 PM
Once again great RNGs Winter. And good luck with your next project.

pwnswitchclik
30th October 2011, 11:35 PM
Well with no keypresses you will most likely get nothing for seeds. If it was the keypresses then your IVs will be messed up. Which in your picture is why you don't have a flawless Solrock. Also you know you have to hold the buttons from right when you press A to when the GameFreak star appears on the screen right?

My bad on the ES spots :p

What I did was press A to select the game from the DS main menu and then pressed those 3 buttons simultaneously and holded until the game freak animation came up in which I let go those 3 buttons to press A to skip the animation. I assumed that was right

TDawg
30th October 2011, 11:36 PM
Yup correct. And C-Gear is off right?

Benefactor
30th October 2011, 11:57 PM
What I did was press A to select the game from the DS main menu and then pressed those 3 buttons simultaneously and holded until the game freak animation came up in which I let go those 3 buttons to press A to skip the animation. I assumed that was right

Have you just tried repeating the process a few times? It sounds like you did everything correctly, sometimes you just get the wrong timer0 for no apparent reason. Give it a few more shots and see if you get something flawless, then adjust your chatters if necessary.

pwnswitchclik
30th October 2011, 11:59 PM
Yup correct. And C-Gear is off right?

Yes. I always say no when it asks if I want to switch it on.

TDawg
31st October 2011, 12:06 AM
Okay then you might not be hitting the right time...:/

pwnswitchclik
31st October 2011, 1:19 AM
Okay then you might not be hitting the right time...:/

Well, just in case I'll repeat the whole process to see if it works this time.

On the meantime, I'll ask this: does turning the player to one side without moving him from his "square" advances a frame?

EDIT: I repeated everything and this time I caught a lunatone with non flawless IVs, again I failed. :/

TDawg
31st October 2011, 2:37 AM
Yes it does. You shouldn't need to move. Chatot flip and then sweet scent without any movement.

MSK
31st October 2011, 6:45 PM
Does anyone else have problems with Smogon's RNG reporter? I'm running the latest version as far as I'm aware. I just seem to have a regular problem that if I let it carry on after it's found 1 seed then it freezes up and crashes :( Not good if the 1st seed isn't any good.
Could be that I don't have a good enough spec on my laptop to run it, so if anyone could tell me the ideal spec to be running it then I'd be greatful :)
Thanks

Too Funk to Druck
31st October 2011, 7:48 PM
Does anyone else have problems with Smogon's RNG reporter? I'm running the latest version as far as I'm aware. I just seem to have a regular problem that if I let it carry on after it's found 1 seed then it freezes up and crashes :( Not good if the 1st seed isn't any good.
Could be that I don't have a good enough spec on my laptop to run it, so if anyone could tell me the ideal spec to be running it then I'd be greatful :)
Thanks

It's probably just your computer. Try to exit out of everything but RNG reporter and see if that helps any.

Bond697
31st October 2011, 8:13 PM
just fyi, you actually can use a regular ards to rng. the ardsi's parameters vary too much, though. the ards actually has very standard parameters like a normal ds lite+cart. you would just need to re-find your parameters after adding the ards into the mix.

Winter02
31st October 2011, 11:52 PM
I'm not usually elitist like this...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/637.pnghttp://img386.imageshack.us/img386/2909/quickpz1.png
#637. Volcarona (★)
Nature: Timid | Ability: Flame Body | Type: Bug / Fire
Hidden Power: Ground [70] | Location caught: Relic Castle
IVs: 31 HP | 26 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 30 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Silver Wind / Quiver Dance / Heat Wave / Bug Buzz
...but it was impossible to resist. I don't think I'll ever do something like this again.
Did two more, which aren't as impressive. Just two I gifts I had saved in order to be able to RNG them.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwf/129.png
#129. Magikarp
OT: Tally | ID: 46329 | Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Swift Swim -> Intimidate | Type: Water -> Water / Flying
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location obtained: Marvelous Bridge
Moves: Splash
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/570.png
#570. Zorua
Nature: Timid | Ability: Illusion | Type: Dark
Hidden Power: Dark [68] | Location obtained: Castelia City
IVs: 31 HP | 1 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Scratch / Leer / Pursuit / Fake Tears
The Musketeer trio is next, but they will have to wait for a few days.

pwnswitchclik
1st November 2011, 1:13 AM
Guys do you think having possibly hacked pokemon might interfere with RNG?

Roronoa Zoro
1st November 2011, 1:19 AM
Guys do you think having possibly hacked pokemon might interfere with RNG?

I don't think so. Just keep at it, it gets easier after your first successful RNG.

pwnswitchclik
1st November 2011, 1:26 AM
I don't think so. Just keep at it, it gets easier after your first successful RNG.

Hmm. Speaking of which, since technically it's now November, is it ok for finding seeds in this month in time finder?

Roronoa Zoro
1st November 2011, 1:29 AM
Hmm. Speaking of which, since technically it's now November, is it ok for finding seeds in this month in time finder?

It's ok to search seeds for any date. Some people don't find the seed they want in a certain month, so they search other months.

TDawg
1st November 2011, 1:38 AM
Yeah some people get seeds years ahead, which is crazy, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

MSK
1st November 2011, 9:23 PM
Hi all

So I've got RNG for wild and legends down to a tee now :) Now I want to start RNG breeding to get egg moves etc. Can someone tell me do I need to have parents with high IV's to breed flawless pokes or can I use any old mon and breed up.
On that note my first challenge is I want a Conkeldurr with Mach and Drain Punch so which is the quickest way to chain breed for this?

Thanks

Too Funk to Druck
1st November 2011, 10:02 PM
Hi all

So I've got RNG for wild and legends down to a tee now :) Now I want to start RNG breeding to get egg moves etc. Can someone tell me do I need to have parents with high IV's to breed flawless pokes or can I use any old mon and breed up.
On that note my first challenge is I want a Conkeldurr with Mach and Drain Punch so which is the quickest way to chain breed for this?

Thanks

Your parents need to have at least 3 31 IVs between them if you want flawless Pokemon. One parent could have all three for example, or one could have 1 31 IV and the other could have 2. The closer to flawless your parents are the easier time you'll have finding seeds.

pwnswitchclik
1st November 2011, 11:27 PM
Just to make sure there's no confusion: One Chatot flip implies recording once and hear it on summary once, right?

Too Funk to Druck
1st November 2011, 11:41 PM
Just to make sure there's no confusion: One Chatot flip implies recording once and hear it on summary once, right?

That's right. Although, you don't have to record a chatter every time you check the summary, if that's what you're thinking.

pwnswitchclik
1st November 2011, 11:52 PM
That's right. Although, you don't have to record a chatter every time you check the summary, if that's what you're thinking.

Perhaps it could have been that that screwed up my past attempts, though i'm not sure it was. I have yet another question, Does having a certain amount of pokemon in your party afect anything in RNG?

Too Funk to Druck
1st November 2011, 11:55 PM
Perhaps it could have been that that screwed up my past attempts, though i'm not sure it was. I have yet another question, Does having a certain amount of pokemon in your party afect anything in RNG?

Only if you're attempting to advance the IV frame by moving, which I assume you're not doing.

Roronoa Zoro
2nd November 2011, 12:00 AM
I have a few questions...first, for stationaries, the IV frame should always be on 1 right?

pwnswitchclik
2nd November 2011, 12:04 AM
Gosh, no.

But I've got four pokemon in my party, I'm kind of following that rule of having 5 or less pokes on the team ^_^'. Is that amount alright?

Too Funk to Druck
2nd November 2011, 12:43 AM
Gosh, no.

But I've got four pokemon in my party, I'm kind of following that rule of having 5 or less pokes on the team ^_^'. Is that amount alright?

Yeah, it's good to have an open space on your team, so you can check IVs and stuff without going to a Pokécenter. It doesn't really matter though.

pwnswitchclik
2nd November 2011, 1:01 AM
I just caught a ditto, BUT, it's not flawless and it's nature doesn't match the one 'Reporter said.:/

jolteon135
2nd November 2011, 1:09 AM
I have a few questions...first, for stationaries, the IV frame should always be on 1 right?
IV Frame can be whatever you want. IV Frame 1 is the easiest though so stick with that.

I just caught a ditto, BUT, it's not flawless and it's nature doesn't match the one 'Reporter said.:/
Right click your seed in the time finder and click "generate adjacent seeds (current frame)" then check the adjacent seeds to see if you can find the wrong IVs you got in there.
If you find the wrong IVs you got, in the adjacent seeds, you'll know what went wrong.

If you don't find them in the adjacent seeds it could mean you messed up the keypress or something else.

pwnswitchclik
2nd November 2011, 2:14 AM
Right click your seed in the time finder and click "generate adjacent seeds (current frame)" then check the adjacent seeds to see if you can find the wrong IVs you got in there.
If you find the wrong IVs you got, in the adjacent seeds, you'll know what went wrong.

If you don't find them in the adjacent seeds it could mean you messed up the keypress or something else.

Second condition happened, but I gotta tell this, I just tried RNG twice, and from both times, I got a piloswine level 52 male and it had the same Attack and Defense Stats, and I checked it's IVs, it matches the last seed in the following pic:

http://milfotos.org/images/873220221f435cc2cbd85f49c196cc50.JPG

jolteon135
2nd November 2011, 2:21 AM
Second condition happened, but I gotta tell this, I just tried RNG twice, and from both times, I got a piloswine level 52 male and it had the same Attack and Defense Stats, and I checked it's IVs, it matches the last seed in the following pic:

http://milfotos.org/images/873220221f435cc2cbd85f49c196cc50.JPG

It seems you're starting up the game a second too late. If your seed says 18:11:24 you're supposed to press A at 18:11:23 (1 second early).

pwnswitchclik
2nd November 2011, 2:30 AM
It seems you're starting up the game a second too late. If your seed says 18:11:24 you're supposed to press A at 18:11:23 (1 second early).

I don't think it's just that. The timer0 in the pic says C7F. I mean, the timer0 I have on my parameters is C7E. What does this mean?

Too Funk to Druck
2nd November 2011, 2:33 AM
I don't think it's just that. The timer0 in the pic says C7F. I mean, the timer0 I have on my parameters is C7E. What does this mean?

It means your timer0 is acting up, which is completely uncontrollable.

jolteon135
2nd November 2011, 2:35 AM

It means you should search again with C7F as your timer0.

You have 2 timer0's (C7E & C7F). Use the one that's more common.

pwnswitchclik
2nd November 2011, 2:38 AM
It means you should search again with C7F as your timer0.

You have 2 timer0's (C7E & C7F). Use the one that's more common.

More common - how so? ^_^'

jolteon135
2nd November 2011, 3:25 AM
More common - how so? ^_^'

You'll (probably) hit one timer0 more often than the other. There's no way to control which timer0 you hit so just go with the one you hit more often. If you find that you keep hitting those C7F IVs use C7F as your timer0.

You could also redo your parameters a bunch a times to figure out which timer is more common.

Roronoa Zoro
2nd November 2011, 11:59 PM
I've always had trouble with this..I'm currently attempting to RNG a shiny, jolly, Cobalion, but a lot of the natures closest to the starting PID are jolly. How can I tell the difference?

The Eleventh
3rd November 2011, 12:02 AM
I've always had trouble with this..I'm currently attempting to RNG a shiny, jolly, Cobalion, but a lot of the natures closest to the starting PID are jolly. How can I tell the difference?
Are you trying to find your true starting frame? Well, since so many are Jolly, try doing one Chatot flip first, then five, then ten, etc., until you can figure out your starting frame.

Roronoa Zoro
3rd November 2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks SpeedSuicine. A bit of a problem now...My mom actually closed RNG Reporter, but I still had the seed copied, so I just pasted it again. I'm getting weird results when I try and hit my seed though, and I'm thinking that maybe I wrote the time down wrong, or something like that. Is it possible to put a seed into time finder to get the date, time, etc? Or do I have to search again?

Too Funk to Druck
3rd November 2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks SpeedSuicine. A bit of a problem now...My mom actually closed RNG Reporter, but I still had the seed copied, so I just pasted it again. I'm getting weird results when I try and hit my seed though, and I'm thinking that maybe I wrote the time down wrong, or something like that. Is it possible to put a seed into time finder to get the date, time, etc? Or do I have to search again?

You'll have to re-search for the seed.

Roronoa Zoro
3rd November 2011, 12:49 AM
You'll have to re-search for the seed.

Damn. Ok, thanks.

pwnswitchclik
3rd November 2011, 12:59 AM
Confusion is still lingering on me:I tried RNG 3 times and in all of them I got a solrock with Careful nature and it's IV's matching the results in the third line from the last in the following pic:

http://milfotos.org/images/5d4b7e84c138cce361e201c6acb80ca6.JPG

Now, there's a difference from the last pic: check out the last line. WTF?

Second, I hit at sec 23 like you said, and still I got the wrong pokemon with the wrong IVs.

Roronoa Zoro
3rd November 2011, 2:32 AM
Sweet, just got my shiny, near flawless (25 SpA), jolly Cobalion. Another question: For stationaries, can I use the same seed? For example, I want a Terrakion with the same IVs as Cobalion and shininess. Do I just hit the same seed and do the same amount of chatot flips, this time just where terrakion is?

Edit: nvm it works. I'll post my two newest shiniest later with fancy templates.

TDawg
3rd November 2011, 3:53 AM
Confusion is still lingering on me:I tried RNG 3 times and in all of them I got a solrock with Careful nature and it's IV's matching the results in the third line from the last in the following pic:

Second, I hit at sec 23 like you said, and still I got the wrong pokemon with the wrong IVs.

Okay you're getting the thrid line results because you're not accounting for the second delay for the game to start. So really you want to hit the seed on 23. And if it didn't work for that you might be hitting your keypresses too slow. and the last line is because you put a max frame of 5 in so it will show frames 1-5.

jolteon135
3rd November 2011, 5:25 AM

If I understand you, you're saying you got a Pokemon with IVs of 25/17/16/21/31/21?

Notice it says the timer0 you hit was C7F? That means you need to search for a new seed with C7F as your timer0 (not C7E). That's why I told you to use the most common timer0 value which seems to be C7F for you.

TDawg
3rd November 2011, 5:33 AM
AH yeah I forgot about the timer0 since I only have one. Lucky me lol.

drothagreat0ne
3rd November 2011, 8:46 AM
Finally beat the game and ready to RNG the Legendaries. Started off with this one:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/643.gif
#643 Reshiram | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gif | Genderless | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/ultraball.png
Nature: Timid | Ability: Turboblaze | Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Date: 11/30/2011 | Location: N's Castle
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31

Roronoa Zoro
3rd November 2011, 1:44 PM
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/638.png#638 Cobalion | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/steel.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fighting.gif | Genderless | http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/masterball.png
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Justified | Characteristic: ???
Date: 9/13/2011 | Location: Guidance Chamber

I'll post Terrakion and the characteristic later. Too tired now.

The Eleventh
3rd November 2011, 4:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/K9UXn.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/SCfjk.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/MDzRY.gif
#579 Reuniclus
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: M
Nature: Bold | Ability: Magic Guard | Type: Psychic
Hatch Location: Dreamyard | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Calm Mind | Psychic | Focus Blast | Recover
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

http://i.imgur.com/gwdgF.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/GVVCG.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/RB1lX.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Enw0V.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/gwdgF.png
#579 Reuniclus
Nature: Quiet | Ability: Magic Guard | Type: Psychic
Hatch Location: Dreamyard | Hidden Power: Ice 63
Moves: Trick Room | Psychic | Focus Blast | Shadow Ball
IVs: 31/9/31/31/31/0

I just finished RNGing these two a few minutes ago. I'll EV train them shortly, but first I have some more RNG projects that I want to do.

Winter02
4th November 2011, 12:25 AM
Good job guys. It's always nice to see a bunch of successful RNGs in this thread.

And I just got the Musketeer trio done. Didn't want them shiny.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/638.png
#638. Cobalion
OT: Tally | ID: 46329 | Genderless
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Justified | Type: Steel / Fighting
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location caught: Guidance Chamber
Moves: Helping Hand / Retaliate / Iron Head / Sacred Sword

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/639.png
#639. Terrakion
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Justified | Type: Rock / Fighting
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location caught: Trial Chamber
Moves: Helping Hand / Retaliate / Rock Slide / Sacred Sword

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/640.png
#640. Virizion
Nature: Timid | Ability: Justified | Type: Grass / Fighting
Hidden Power: Ice [70] | Location caught: Rumination Field
IVs: 31 HP | 18 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Helping Hand / Retaliate / Giga Drain / Sacred Sword

Have still Kyurem left in White, but I'll save it for later. Next up will be more breeding in Black I guess, but I will probably not be able to start with it immediately.

The Eleventh
4th November 2011, 12:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Q79Yd.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/B5dT7.gif
#465 Tangrowth
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: F
Nature: Relaxed | Ability: Regenerator | Type: Grass
Hatch Location: Giant Chasm | Hidden Power: Ice 70
Moves: Sleep Powder | Power Whip | Leech Seed | Hidden Power
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30

http://i.imgur.com/HiNkE.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/NdLgX.gif
#103 Exeggutor
Nature: Bold | Ability: Harvest | Type: Grass/Psychic
Hatch Location: Abundant Shrine | Hidden Power: Fire 70
Moves: Substitute | Protect | Leech Seed | Hidden Power
IVs: 31/18/31/30/31/30

http://i.imgur.com/Y10A8.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/CifYc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/NQbsB.gif
#534 Conkeldurr
Nature: Brave | Ability: Guts | Type: Fighting
Hatch Location: Victory Road | Hidden Power: Ice 64
Moves: Drain Punch | Mach Punch | Bulk Up | Payback
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0

I recently RNGed those three. I've EV trained one, so hope to do the others tomorrow. I've nothing else that I really want to RNG at the moment, as I'm currently waiting on some more Dream World females.

pwnswitchclik
4th November 2011, 1:14 AM
If I understand you, you're saying you got a Pokemon with IVs of 25/17/16/21/31/21?

Notice it says the timer0 you hit was C7F? That means you need to search for a new seed with C7F as your timer0 (not C7E). That's why I told you to use the most common timer0 value which seems to be C7F for you.

Yes I got those IV's. As for changing the Timer0, should it be both the Min and the Max?

EDIT: HOLY CRAPANILLA, I did it!! I caught a flawless ditto!

jolteon135
4th November 2011, 1:36 AM
Yes I got those IV's. As for changing the Timer0, should it be both the Min and the Max?

Yes, your min/max should be the same (unless you hit both timer0's equally). Set your min & max to C7F and search again.

drothagreat0ne
4th November 2011, 2:17 AM

Congrats!!! It's been a long time coming.

TDawg
4th November 2011, 2:19 AM

Lol nice word :P but congrats.

pwnswitchclik
4th November 2011, 2:42 AM
nearly 2 weeks or so, totally worth it:P.

So now, what is the process for hatching shinies?

The Eleventh
4th November 2011, 1:49 PM
nearly 2 weeks or so, totally worth it:P.

So now, what is the process for hatching shinies?
Since you've got a flawless Ditto, you shouldn't find it too difficult to hatch flawless (and shiny) Pokémon. Read through this guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part5) and you'll be fine.

drothagreat0ne
4th November 2011, 7:43 PM
Look at this sexy, sexy beast. I used a Synchronizer for the first time, and I'm glad it works well:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/638.gif
#638 Cobalion | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/steel.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fighting.gif | Genderless | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/ultraball.png | http://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Justified | Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Date: 02/11/2012 | Location: Guidance Chamber

*edit*

So I decided to use the same seed I had used on Cobalion, along with a different Synchronizer, to get this guy:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/639.gif
#639 Terrakion | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/rock.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fighting.gif | Genderless | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/timerball.png | http://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Justified | Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Date: 02/11/2012 | Location: Trial Chamber

kaiser soze
4th November 2011, 9:19 PM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/313.gif
#313 l Volbeat l Male l Lv. 1 l OT: KAISER l ID #: 07887
Bold l Prankster l Hatched l 11/25/2011 l Skyarrow Bridge l Pokeball
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 l HP: Dark 70 l EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0
Tackle l Baton Pass l Encore l Trick

Nicknamed "King Sexy"

The Eleventh
4th November 2011, 9:56 PM
@kaiser soze, Volbeat has quite a nice shiny colouration. I think I might RNG one some time in the future. Gotta get myself a Illumise first (speaking of DW females, when will your trade shop be open again? :P).

http://i.imgur.com/NFV4X.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/GI0Ju.gif
#184 Azumarill
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Huge Power | Type: Water
Hatch Location: White Forest | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Aqua Jet | Waterfall | Superpower | Return
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

I like Azumarill's shiny sprite, but I can never resist a bold blue, so I decided to stay with its normal scheme.

I'm looking to RNG the Liberty Island Victini next (it's been sitting there since March), but I need to find a good seed first. :/

kaiser soze
4th November 2011, 10:00 PM
@kaiser soze, Volbeat has quite a nice shiny colouration. I think I might RNG one some time in the future. Gotta get myself a Illumise first (speaking of DW females, when will your trade shop be open again? :P).
Some time next week after I finish some exams :/ FYI I used Mr. Mime as the daddy for the moves.

TDawg
4th November 2011, 10:56 PM
A lot of RNGs this page that look great! I got a few done and will have info maybe tomorrow :D

Shadow_Assailant
4th November 2011, 11:07 PM
Nice job, guys. :D

I have a question for you all. Let's say I started a new game on my Pokémon Black and wanted to RNG my starter. If I really went through with this, how would I figure out my SID without an AR?

Does anyone know how to clone Pokémon and would like to share their wisdom with me?

The Eleventh
4th November 2011, 11:24 PM
@Shadow_Assailant, if you want to RNG your starter, you'll also have to RNG your ID and SID.

To your second question, Pokécheck can clone Pokémon, but it gives them a ribbon so that they can't be traded over the GTS.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
4th November 2011, 11:37 PM
You can bypass that ribbon.

Shadow_Assailant
4th November 2011, 11:39 PM
@SpeedSuicune: Is it possible for you to explain on how to do that? :D

@A d v e n t: Like above, can you teach me how to do that? :D

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
4th November 2011, 11:49 PM
Explaining how to do that would be quite the gray area on this forum. Although I'll confirm it doesn't involve directly getting the Pokemon from the site's "GTS".

TDawg
5th November 2011, 12:00 AM
Use Ir-GTS

EDIT: Well I have more to post but just going to post this guy now...

★http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/214.gif★
#214 Heracross | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/bug.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/fighting.gif | Male | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Guts | Characteristic: ???.
Date: 11/??/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Double Edge & Pursuit

Shadow_Assailant
5th November 2011, 8:06 PM
Nice, TDawg!

Are the Timer0, VCount, and VFrame DS specific or game specific?

Tarro57
5th November 2011, 8:16 PM
Game specific, nothing to do with your DS.

The Eleventh
5th November 2011, 8:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/24SE5.gif
#494 Victini
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Timid | Ability: Victory Star | Type: Psychic/Fire
Catch Location: Liberty Garden | Hidden Power: Dragon 68
Moves: Fire Blast | Psychic | Thunder | Focus Blast
IVs: 31/28/31/13/31/31

http://i.imgur.com/gwdgF.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/XUd4V.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/gwdgF.png
#640 Virizion
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Timid | Ability: Justified | Type: Grass/Fighting
Catch Location: Rumination Field | Hidden Power: Ice 70
Moves: Giga Drain | Focus Blast | Calm Mind | Hidden Power
IVs: 31/2/30/31/31/31

I caught these two legends today. I went for a Heal Ball with Virizion, and a normal Poké Ball with Victini. I also RNG'd a flawless DW Sableye for trading purposes.

TDawg
5th November 2011, 9:21 PM
Nice Speed

Some new ones. For trades but keeping a clone for myself :p

★http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/258.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/259.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/260.gif★
#258 Mudkip | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/water.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/ground.gif | Male | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Relaxed | Ability: Torrent | Characteristic: ???.
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Mirror Coat & Counter
Notes: Took 8 hours to find a seed for this guy.-_-

★http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/355.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/356.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/477.gif★
#258 Mudkip | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/ghost.gif | Male | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Impish | Ability: Levitate (Pressure) | Characteristic: ???.
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Pain Split & Grudge
Note: Doubt he'll make it past a Dusclops :P

The Eleventh
5th November 2011, 11:02 PM
I've noticed that I've been hitting the wrong Timer0 lately. I've never, ever had this problem before. When I originally calculated my parameters, my Timer0 was found to be C7F, and it's been that up until now. I've hit C7E several times today. Is there a reason for this?

Shadow_Assailant
6th November 2011, 12:26 AM
Does anyone know how to RNG your TID/SID?

Tarro57
6th November 2011, 12:38 AM
No, but I'll look right now because I'm also interested.

v Found it... ^.^ (jk)

Winter02
6th November 2011, 12:42 AM
Does anyone know how to RNG your TID/SID?
Guide:
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part4
I have not done it, but it doesn't seem too hard to do.

Roronoa Zoro
6th November 2011, 1:55 AM
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/212.png

#212 Scizor | Adamant | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/bug.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/steel.gif | ♂ | http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Egg hatched | Skyarrow Bridge
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits | 11/1/2011

TDawg
6th November 2011, 3:47 AM
Wow so that mudkip I posted was randomly deleted from my file. I hate GTS forever now. I hate it.

EDIT: Nvm! I hide from me in another box. Wwwwwooooww

Roronoa Zoro
6th November 2011, 3:49 AM
Wow so that mudkip I posted was randomly deleted from my file. I hate GTS forever now. I hate it.

Were you trying to clone it?

drothagreat0ne
6th November 2011, 4:54 AM
Completed the trio. This one was kind of a hassle. It took 41 Chatot flips to get to. I'm still happy with it.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/640.gif
#640 Virizion | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/grass.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fighting.gif | Genderless | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/luxuryball.png | http://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png
Nature: Timid | Ability: Justified | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 04/03/2012 | Location: Rumination Field
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/30 | Hidden Power: Ice

TDawg
6th November 2011, 5:51 AM
Were you trying to clone it?

Yeah I still got it cloned though so no problem

The Eleventh
6th November 2011, 5:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0ouxR.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Nanwx.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/3RT9T.gif
#034 Nidoking
Nature: Timid | Ability: Sheer Force | Type: Poison/Ground
Hatch Location: Challenger's Cave | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Earth Power | Sludge Wave | Ice Beam | Thunderbolt
IVs: 31/23/31/31/31/31

My Timer0 finally stopped trolling me today, so I got to RNG this. I didn't go for shiny because I really dislike Nidoking's shiny sprite.

TDawg
6th November 2011, 6:18 PM
Nice, Nidoking there. I am the opposite though because I love it's shiny sprite

Roronoa Zoro
6th November 2011, 6:24 PM
Lots of successful RNGs on this page. Always nice to see. Keep up the good work, guys!

Zenotwapal
6th November 2011, 6:58 PM
I need to start RNGing again.
Sadly though my computer I RNG on is fried. I need to get a new one as this one isn't fast enough to run the Reporter.

Shadow_Assailant
6th November 2011, 7:18 PM
Lots of successful RNGs on this page. Always nice to see. Keep up the good work, guys!

Yeah. Once I get Windows running on my MacBook, I'll be mobile and be able to produce more. :D

kaiser soze
6th November 2011, 7:34 PM
Doing RNGs against my better judgement because I'm bored and don't want to study:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/393.gif
#393 l Piplup l Male l Lv. 1 l OT: KAISER l ID #: 07887
Modest l Torrent l Hatched l 11/17/2011 l Skyarrow Bridge l Pokeball
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/31 l HP: Grass 70 l EVs: none
Yawn l Agility l Hydro Pump l Aqua Ring

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/439.gif
#439 l Mime Jr. l Female l Lv. 1 l OT: KAISER l ID #: 07887
Modest l Technician l Hatched l 11/27/2011 l Skyarrow Bridge l Pokeball
IVs: 31/9/31/31/31/31 l HP: Dark 68 l EVs: none
Barrier l Confision l Nasty Plot l Icy Wind

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/227.gif
#227 l Skarmory l Male l Lv. 1 l OT: KAISER l ID #: 07887
Impish l Sturdy l Hatched l 11/25/2011 l Skyarrow Bridge l Pokeball
IVs: 31/31/31/1/31/31 l HP: Dark 59 l EVs: none
Peck l Brave Bird l Stealth Rock l Taunt

ROOST Y U NO B 5TH GEN EGG MOVE???
It's OK though; I'm planning on using this as a suicide SR/Spiker that I use on my PO uber team.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/235.gif
#235 l Smeargle l Female l Lv. 1 l OT: KAISER l ID #: 07887
Naive l Moody l Hatched l 11/23/2011 l Skyarrow Bridge l Pokeball
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 l HP: Dark 70 l EVs: none
Sketch

Banned ability FTW. Probably going to Smash Pass for my RM teams.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/390.gif
#390 l Chimchar l Male l Lv. 1 l OT: KAISER l ID #: 07887
Hasty l Blaze l Hatched l 7/11/2011 l Skyarrow Bridge l Pokeball
Scratch l Leer

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/396.gif
#396 l Starly l Female l Lv. 1 l OT: KAISER l ID #: 07887
Jolly l Keen Eye (will be Reckless) l Hatched l 11/3/2011 l Skyarrow Bridge l Pokeball
Growl l Roost l Double Team l Endeavor

The Eleventh
6th November 2011, 7:49 PM
Nice RNG, kaiser. I'm currently RNGing a shiny flawless Jolly Reckless Staraptor with Double-Edge and Roost. Now that's a mouthful. xD

drothagreat0ne
6th November 2011, 8:09 PM
Yeah. Once I get Windows running on my MacBook, I'll be mobile and be able to produce more. :D

I have an iMac, thus I run PPRNG. I've successfully RNG'ed my TID and SID, my starter Pokemon, the gift monkey in the Dreamyard, and as of late, the Musketeer trio. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

TDawg
6th November 2011, 9:15 PM
I am back. Don't see this poke RNGd ever.

★http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/442.gif★
#442 Spiritomb | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/ghost.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/dark.gif | Female | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Bold | Ability: Pressure | Characteristic: Often Dozes Off.
Date: 11/03/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/X/30/30/30/30 (HP Fighting) | Egg Move(s): None
Should've breed it with pain split but I failed to even look at egg moves

pwnswitchclik
6th November 2011, 11:32 PM
Fellas, I require your assistance again: So i'm trying to hatch a shiny flawless solrock, and, knowing that I have flawless ditto I inserted it's IVs as the Mother's IVs. Are the Father's IVs required?

drothagreat0ne
6th November 2011, 11:33 PM
It would be very beneficial to know the father's IVs. Use this website to find out what they are (if you have no other means of getting that info):

http://www.pokecheck.org/

kaiser soze
6th November 2011, 11:44 PM
Not necessarily, but at least take it to the IV judge so you know if it has some flawless ones.

pwnswitchclik
7th November 2011, 12:37 AM
Ok, so the father solrock has 31 IVs in Sp. Def. I input all his IVs, then I pressed '==31' buttons of all stats and entered generate and the output comes with a mixture of 3 Fe's of any given Stat and a few with two random Fe's and a Ma on sp. def. What do these results mean? And which one would be advisable to pick? And smogon tells to set the minimal frame to 60. What frame should be the max?

Sorry if i'm being picky. I'm trying to think fast for questions 'cause I got to go to bed -.-

Shadow_Assailant
7th November 2011, 1:13 AM
I have an iMac, thus I run PPRNG. I've successfully RNG'ed my TID and SID, my starter Pokemon, the gift monkey in the Dreamyard, and as of late, the Musketeer trio. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Where were you when I posted a few times ago? D: I'm trying to RNG TID and SID, but I can't get it to work. That's why I installed Windows 7 on my MacBook so I can use RNG Reporter seeing as how many guides I've found to successfully RNG your TID and SID with it (btw, I successfully installed Windows 7 on my MacBook). ._.

drothagreat0ne
7th November 2011, 2:22 AM
I used this guide.

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/starter_rng_mrfixit.doc

Skip two step two if you have your parameters set. It translates into PPRNG, and you don't have to do as much as you would in RNGReporter.

*edit* I'm in the process of making a mini guide for PPRNG. I'll post it as soon as possible.

TDawg
7th November 2011, 2:28 AM
Ok, so the father solrock has 31 IVs in Sp. Def. I input all his IVs, then I pressed '==31' buttons of all stats and entered generate and the output comes with a mixture of 3 Fe's of any given Stat and a few with two random Fe's and a Ma on sp. def. What do these results mean? And which one would be advisable to pick? And smogon tells to set the minimal frame to 60. What frame should be the max?

Sorry if i'm being picky. I'm trying to think fast for questions 'cause I got to go to bed -.-

OKay good, and the Ma means the poke gets that IV from the male and Fe means it gets it from the female or the mom. WHat do you mean by that? and a max of 200 is good but I am lazy and always go with 100

EDIT: A couple more RNGs for a major trade. They're pretty cool and have been on my to do list anyways so 2 birds with 1 stone

★http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/349.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/350.gif★
#349 Feebas | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/water.gif | ♀ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Timid | Ability: Swift Swim (Marvel Scale) | Characteristic: Somewhat Vain.
Date: 11/01/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/28/31/30/31/31 (HP Grass) | Egg Move(s): None

★http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/133.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/134.gif★
#133 Eevee | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/normal.gif (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/water.gif) | ♀ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Bold | Ability: Run Away (Water Absorb) | Characteristic: ???.
Date: 09/??/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31 (HP Grass) | Egg Move(s): None

EDIT: Lol woops that HP Grass was just copy and pasted

drothagreat0ne
7th November 2011, 5:03 PM
If you have your parameters set, then you can follow along.

http://i.imgur.com/IWrZA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JoLBu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GxHt3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IxAUK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DiqN3.jpg

Start up your game normally (with the time given). Go through the whole intro and once all the talking is done, go into the menu and find out your ID.

http://i.imgur.com/3bYPE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L5Ns1.jpg

So after saying No to Juniper when asked if my name is final 22 times, I start the game and go through the whole intro talk. Then I found out my ID and:

http://i.imgur.com/2js2H.jpg

Once you have your TID/SID combo, save the game in front of the Gift box.

http://i.imgur.com/SMcLS.jpg

I hope this helps many. Also, sorry if the text is annoying. Please make sure to read through everything. Thanks and enjoy.

*edit* After finding your TID/SID combo: I forgot to mention that Starter/Gift/Fossil show frames a bit later. I think by 3. So don't be discouraged if you don't hit the seed at first. Find out where you're landing, adjust and you'll be set.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
7th November 2011, 5:13 PM
OKay good, and the Ma means the poke gets that IV from the male and Fe means it gets it from the female or the mom. WHat do you mean by that? and a max of 200 is good but I am lazy and always go with 100

EDIT: A couple more RNGs for a major trade. They're pretty cool and have been on my to do list anyways so 2 birds with 1 stone

★http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/133.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/134.gif★
#133 Eevee | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/normal.gif (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/water.gif) | ♀ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Bold | Ability: Run Away (Water Absorb) | Characteristic: ???.
Date: 09/??/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31 (HP Grass) | Egg Move(s): None

Something isn't right here...

Roronoa Zoro
7th November 2011, 6:06 PM
Something isn't right here...

What do you mean?

The Eleventh
7th November 2011, 6:35 PM
What do you mean?
It's impossible to have a Grass-typed Hidden Power with those IVs. There has to be at least two IVs that aren't 31 for Grass to be possible.

Roronoa Zoro
7th November 2011, 6:38 PM
It's impossible to have a Grass-typed Hidden Power with those IVs. There has to be at least two IVs that aren't 31 for Grass to be possible.

Ah, okay. That's what I thought.

RNGed a Shiny Gothita yesterday, but traded it to Eternalsword7.

drothagreat0ne
7th November 2011, 6:54 PM
If anyone can, could you check if my guide works out.

The Eleventh
7th November 2011, 7:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SY5Ag.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Tl9oc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/VVL3r.gif
#398 Staraptor
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Reckless | Type: Normal/Flying
Hatch Location: Mistralton City | Hidden Power: Electric 70
Moves: Brave Bird | Double-Edge | Close Combat | Roost
IVs: 31/31/31/26/31/31

I was RNGing a shiny version of this for trading purposes, so decided to RNG myself a non-shiny one (I like Staraptor's normal sprite much more than its shiny one) while I was at it.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
7th November 2011, 7:34 PM
No need to get all worked up. TDawg probably just screwed up his format.

Shadow_Assailant
7th November 2011, 9:56 PM
Quick question: Are the parameters of your game (such as Timer0) specific to each cartridge or do they change if you make a new save data?

drothagreat0ne
7th November 2011, 9:58 PM
They're specific to each cartridge.

Shadow_Assailant
7th November 2011, 10:07 PM
They're specific to each cartridge.

Awesome. Now I wish I would've saved the parameters for my Black version from before. -.-

Btw, thanks for the guide, droth. :D

MSK
7th November 2011, 10:09 PM
Hi All

Please can someone help me with using RNG Reporter 9.81 to get flawless Gen IV pokemon from HG/SS. I have got the hang of RNG on Black and White (I'd post the one's I've done so far but I don't know how you all do the clever pics :( lol), but there are a couple of egg moves I want which require a poke from Gen IV.
Do I need to find my parameters etc like I do on B/W or is it different? If anyone can help or direct me to a step by step guide I'd be very greatful, as I can't seem to find much on Gen IV RNG now Gen V is so easy. :)

drothagreat0ne
7th November 2011, 10:17 PM
Awesome. Now I wish I would've saved the parameters for my Black version from before. -.-

Btw, thanks for the guide, droth. :D

Set your parameters now. You'll be set at that point.

You're welcome. Post soon if everything went well or you ran into any bumps.

Shadow_Assailant
7th November 2011, 11:49 PM
Set your parameters now. You'll be set at that point.

You're welcome. Post soon if everything went well or you ran into any bumps.

Yeah. Getting my parameters right now.

Also, I notice in your guide you have your TID and SID already set from another configuration for another game; should I be searching for a seed under my White version configuration seeing as I already have my TID and SID or should I find my parameters, put them in a config for Black version, and then search for a seed under those parameters?

drothagreat0ne
7th November 2011, 11:58 PM
If you're trying to do it in Black, then you'll have to search for your parameters in that game.

Shadow_Assailant
8th November 2011, 12:00 AM
If you're trying to do it in Black, then you'll have to search for your parameters in that game.

Okey dokey. Just making sure. :D

Also, this confuses me:
"After finding your TID/SID combo: I forgot to mention that Starter/Gift/Fossil show frames a bit later. I think by 3. So don't be discouraged if you don't hit the seed at first. Find out where you're landing, adjust and you'll be set"

I don't know what you mean by this, and how many frames does saving advance the PID Frame?

edit: Btw, should I put anything under TID and SID for now as I search for a seed?

Roronoa Zoro
8th November 2011, 12:00 AM
Am I the only one who finds trying to get certain HP types to be a huge pain? It takes a long time for me to get results.

Edit: Would it be easier to get a parent with the IVs needed for the certain HP type I want or would using a Pokemon with perfect IVs take the same amount of time to get results?

drothagreat0ne
8th November 2011, 12:13 AM
Okey dokey. Just making sure. :D

Also, this confuses me:
"After finding your TID/SID combo: I forgot to mention that Starter/Gift/Fossil show frames a bit later. I think by 3. So don't be discouraged if you don't hit the seed at first. Find out where you're landing, adjust and you'll be set"

I don't know what you mean by this, and how many frames does saving advance the PID Frame?

edit: Btw, should I put anything under TID and SID for now as I search for a seed?

If you go into Seed inpesctor, you'll find your starting frame and desired frame are a few frames higher than what the seed searcher displayed.

Saving advances the PID frame by 1 for each save.

And I believe you can put in anything. Though I'm not certain.

pwnswitchclik
8th November 2011, 1:33 AM

I meant, of all the results found after pressing ''generate'', should I pick the one with the lowest frame, or that is just for the 'Reporter's main window?

BTW, two more things: Before I start using the program, should I put both pokemon in the Daycare, save and turn off the DS?

And should I get a flawless Solrock to guarantee the offspring's IV, or just the flawless ditto will do?

Shadow_Assailant
8th November 2011, 2:21 AM
If you go into Seed inpesctor, you'll find your starting frame and desired frame are a few frames higher than what the seed searcher displayed.

Saving advances the PID frame by 1 for each save.

And I believe you can put in anything. Though I'm not certain.

So is there a way to tell exactly how many?

Good. I thought saving was like 5 or 7 frames. 1 makes things much simpler.

If I just leave my TID/SID blank, will it still work properly? I just got back from Jazz Band and I left my computer on searching seeds. For some reason, when I tried to "wake it up," it wasn't cooperating. I'm saying this because I don't know if any seeds came up while I was gone, so I'm not sure if searching for a seed without a specified TID/SID will work for my cause. .-.

drothagreat0ne
8th November 2011, 2:27 AM
So is there a way to tell exactly how many?

Good. I thought saving was like 5 or 7 frames. 1 makes things much simpler.

If I just leave my TID/SID blank, will it still work properly? I just got back from Jazz Band and I left my computer on searching seeds. For some reason, when I tried to "wake it up," it wasn't cooperating. I'm saying this because I don't know if any seeds came up while I was gone, so I'm not sure if searching for a seed without a specified TID/SID will work for my cause. .-.

Yes. In the Seed Inspector, change the option to Starter/Gift/Fossil. Find your starting frame. Subtract your target from your starting and save as many times as it is. eg. Desired frame is 41, Starting is 32. I would have to save 9 times to get to it.

As far as searching with no TID, go ahead. Try it. I wouldn't be able to say as I have never tried before.

Shadow_Assailant
8th November 2011, 2:28 AM
Yes. In the Seed Inspector, change the option to Starter/Gift/Fossil. Find your starting frame. Subtract your target from your starting and save as many times as it is. eg. Desired frame is 41, Starting is 32. I would have to save 9 times to get to it.

As far as searching with no TID, go ahead. Try it. I wouldn't be able to say as I have never tried before.

Oh. Alright. I thought I manually had to do the math. I didn't realize that you meant we could use the Starter/Gift/Fossil thing in Seed Inspector.

Okay. From this, I take you have done it before. What did you put in the TID spot for the time you did?

drothagreat0ne
8th November 2011, 2:38 AM
I had an old Trainer ID. Perhaps it can work for you? I'll post it when I get home

Shadow_Assailant
8th November 2011, 2:53 AM
I had an old Trainer ID. Perhaps it can work for you? I'll post it when I get home

Awesome. :D

So far I have two seeds, but only one of them are applicable for a "Gift" Pokémon. The downside is that the PID Frame is 172. ._.

drothagreat0ne
8th November 2011, 2:55 AM
I say for now keep searching. If you can do it without a TID, the better.

Shadow_Assailant
8th November 2011, 2:57 AM
I say for now keep searching. If you can do it without a TID, the better.

Kk. Then that's how I'll role. :D

TDawg
8th November 2011, 2:57 AM
Awesome. :D

So far I have two seeds, but only one of them are applicable for a "Gift" Pokémon. The downside is that the PID Frame is 172. ._.

Lol that PID frame is pretty low, Shadow. I once hit a frame 1000+ for a shiny that was the wrong nature.

Shadow_Assailant
8th November 2011, 3:09 AM
Lol that PID frame is pretty low, Shadow. I once hit a frame 1000+ for a shiny that was the wrong nature.

My God, TDawg! That had to be a HUGE damper on your mood... Lol

And the only reason I'm complaining is because in my case, I'll have to save my game over one hundred times in order to hit my seed. ._.

What were you RNGing (and how) that you need to hit a frame above 1000? O.o

TDawg
8th November 2011, 3:47 AM
My God, TDawg! That had to be a HUGE damper on your mood... Lol

And the only reason I'm complaining is because in my case, I'll have to save my game over one hundred times in order to hit my seed. ._.

What were you RNGing (and how) that you need to hit a frame above 1000? O.o

Yeah it was.

Oh yeah now that'll be a pain in the ***

And it was Landorus. After that I just said I am not doing this anymore! I will just get a flawless non shiny lol

Shadow_Assailant
8th November 2011, 4:01 AM
Yeah it was.

Oh yeah now that'll be a pain in the ***

And it was Landorus. After that I just said I am not doing this anymore! I will just get a flawless non shiny lol

Lol. How would you RNG something like Landorus? Save in an area he's in and use Sweet Scent?

*Edit: Do you think these are good IVs: 31/31/31/11/31/31 ? I normally go for flawless/near-flawless Pokémon, but I may just settle with this. It's for a Shiny Tepig, btw.

drothagreat0ne
8th November 2011, 4:10 AM
Lol. How would you RNG something like Landorus? Save in an area he's in and use Sweet Scent?

*Edit: Do you think these are good IVs: 31/31/31/11/31/31 ? I normally go for flawless/near-flawless Pokémon, but I may just settle with this. It's for a Shiny Tepig, btw.

I think that's great. You don't really need Special Attack on Tepig. Go for it and tell me if you succeed.

Shadow_Assailant
8th November 2011, 4:17 AM
I think that's great. You don't really need Special Attack on Tepig. Go for it and tell me if you succeed.

Kk. I don't know if I'll get it in tonight though. :S My sister is picking me up in a little bit and taking me to Gamestop for Midnight Release. :D (Call me a noob, whatever.) I'll get back to you as soon as I can. :D

TDawg
8th November 2011, 4:29 AM

He's a stationary so just like you would any other legendary.

Also that's a great seed. Flawless is really pointless unless need on mixed sets and you say near-flawless which that spread is. :S

MSK
8th November 2011, 5:03 AM
Hi All

Still looking for some help with Gen IV RNG, I've been playing around with reporter but still notsure what I should be entering and where. A couple of screenshots would be very helpful if someon can show mercy on me. :)

TDawg
8th November 2011, 5:05 AM
Honestly same here, MSK. :/ I have found some help. You should go to here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180). Because most of us are 5th Gen RNGers but over there, there is many 4th gen helpers

Shadow_Assailant
8th November 2011, 6:45 AM
He's a stationary so just like you would any other legendary.

Duh. Landorus. I was thinking Thundurus...

@droth: You are the beast, man! :D I hit my TID/SID seed. Now I just have to get my Tepig. :D

*Edit: Okay... I need help. I'm drawing a complete blank here on how to RNG.

chiizu
8th November 2011, 9:47 AM
If anyone can, could you check if my guide works out.

What you have written in the guide is almost exactly how it is intended to be used, but I have a few corrections.

In the initial search (in the Standard Seed Searcher), it does not matter what is shown for shiny information (including having Y in the gift column) because you are almost certainly going to chose a different TID/SID pair to be shiny than what is set in your configuration when you do the search. All you should be interested in at that step is finding the IVs you would like to be shiny with an IV frame of 1. Anything other than frame 1 will mean no shiny starter (you have no way to advance the IV frame at the start of the game) and a lot of annoyance trying to get other shinies. Any of the results given by the Standard Seed Searcher can be used RNG a new TID/SID pair, however.

Where gift, wild, etc. becomes relevant is in the TID/SID search itself. There are check boxes for the three types of PID generation (Wild, Gift, and Egg), and you would ideally like a TID/SID pair that allows all of them to be shiny, but at a bare minimum I'd so go for Wild and Gift, unless you don't care about a shiny starter. Leaving them all checked should not be an issue unless you really want a specific TID without button presses or on a specific date.

Also, when choosing which PID frame to be shiny in the TID/SID Searcher, it would be good to mention the effect of the ESV, Sync, and Fish/Dust/Bridge columns. The ideal (i.e. most useful) row to choose (which is extremely unlikely to find) will have ESVs that allow you to encounter the desired species, Y in all Synchronize columns, Y in Fish/Dust/Bridge, and of course the default nature should be useful as well. In reality, compromises will have to be made on some of those values.

Anyway, thank you for writing this up.

Also, I notice in your guide you have your TID and SID already set from another configuration for another game; should I be searching for a seed under my White version configuration seeing as I already have my TID and SID or should I find my parameters, put them in a config for Black version, and then search for a seed under those parameters?

As drothagreat0ne says...

I'll only add: You of course need to know what your parameters are for the cartridge type you are using (black vs. white). The normal way a person would find this out if they don't know them already is to start a game on the cartridge, and play far enough to be able to calibrate. A wild Pokemon higher than level 10 will allow you to find your parameters if you know what the standard ranges are.

Once you know your parameters for that cartridge and DS combination, you are fine to restart your game. The parameters won't change.

Btw, should I put anything under TID and SID for now as I search for a seed?

Leaving these blank has no effect in this process because as mentioned above, whatever shinies are found in the search are not actually useful to you. Only the IVs are interesting.

Many of the encounter types have a different frame due to how the Pokemon is generated in each situation. The Seed Searcher shows the lowest possible value (which is for a swirling dust encounter, I believe). Normal wild encounters, stationary encounters, gifts, etc. will have higher frame numbers, and the differences will be a fixed value for each encounter type. You can change the encounter type in the Seed Inspector to figure out the difference.

drothagreat0ne
8th November 2011, 2:49 PM
Chiizu, it feels awesome to have your approval. I'm glad that, for the most part, I got it right. I'll write up a more comprehensive guide, when I have the time, with all the information you provided. Thanks and have a good one. :)

*edit* Shadow, hit your original seed (the one you got from the beginning). Hold your key presses, if any. Advance your frames and you should be good to go. And as Chiizu stated, it has to be from IV Frame 1.