PDA

View Full Version : Rate my 4th gen team and suggest!

TheDragon
9th August 2011, 12:07 PM
Ok, this is my team:

Salamence (M) @Life Orb ** Thorn
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 SAtk
Lonely
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Crunch / Outrage

Thorn is my main sweeper. I use Dragon Claw + Earthquake for coverage, and Fire Blast for Pokemon like Skarmory and Bronzong. Crunch because I still needed a dark move, but can be replaced by Outrage for a powerfull STAB move. EV's are concentrated on Attack and Speed, as it is mostly a physical sweeper.

Typhlosion (M) @Wise specs ** Firoar
Ability: Blaze
Ev's: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Mild
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake / Focus Blast
- Thunderpunch?

I've not quite made up my mind about this one. It is a really convenient powerfull one, because I will use Eruption untill my HP is lowered, and after that, I hope to use Flamethrower with Blaze boost. But the other two slots - I could use Sunny Day + Solarbeam, but then Metagross' and Heracross' Fire weakness is higher. I need some help with this.

Heracross (M) @Leftovers ** Beatle
Ability: Guts
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Adamant
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

With two STAB 120 base Attack moves, this is a strong part of my team. I use it mainly to knock out Grass and Rock types, but also for Psychic and Dark types. The other two moves are used for coverage, as I will really need Stone Edge for e. g. Charizard or Arcanine. Night Slash can be replaced for Pursuit, but I like Night Slash better. I prefer Guts above Swarm, as it is more likely to get it's boost.

Metagross @Leftovers ** Metalhead
Ability: Clear Body
EV's: 252 Atk / 196 Spd / 66 HP
Adamant
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch

Metagross is also a very powerfull one. Not much to say: Meteor Mash for STAB, Earthquake for coverage, Zen Headbutt also reliable STAB, and Thunderpunch / Icepunch because I need it for the rest of the team.

Espeon (M) @Choice Specs ** Sunrae
Ability: Synchronize
EV's: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Mild
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Fake Tears
- Baton Pass

Because it has 130 base special attack, it really is a worthy special attacker. And with fake tears and Baton Pass it can pass it's fake tears to Typhlosion for a boost. But I am not really happy with this one. It has a limited set of moves, and kind of weak - especially defense, so a single crunch can take it out in the right hands. Maybe I should rather use an Alakazam, or even an entire different pokemon. What do you think?

The last pokemon slot is open for suggestions. I first had an ampharos in mind, but with it's very limited move pool it is only good for two things: Paralyzing and Electrocuting.
Please help me find the last one! (Maybe Tyranitar, or Dragonite... Both Psuedo-Legendaries.)

spuds4ever
9th August 2011, 3:39 PM
Fake tears dosen't need to be baton passed as it lowers the enemy's stats. What are the pokes' roles in this team and how do they work together? To me, it just looks like you took a bunch of decent pokemon and made a team. Start with getting some defensive pokemon and roles in there then I'll give more rating.

TheDragon
9th August 2011, 11:31 PM
Fake tears dosen't need to be baton passed as it lowers the enemy's stats. What are the pokes' roles in this team and how do they work together? To me, it just looks like you took a bunch of decent pokemon and made a team. Start with getting some defensive pokemon and roles in there then I'll give more rating.

Yeah, I see what you mean. You made me think in a way I didn't think before... I will edit the OP as soon as I think of an improved team. But unfortunately I'm going away for three days, so I won't be online untill saturday.