PDA

View Full Version : rate my team plus suggestions

pokeG-unit
10th August 2011, 1:13 PM
ok so this is wat i got so far and i want to hear ideas for my other 2 spaces and also changes and exclusions
;142;
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature:Jolly
EVs Att 252/Def 4/Spe 252
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Eathquake
-Stone Edge
Obvious reasons for Aerodactyl is it is one of the fastest SR in OU as well as preventing other SR users. Pretty much I just want him to do as much damage as possible after steeing up rocks b4 he dies
Even though this is for Ds this Aerodactyl has max speed IV due to a alert to sounds characterictic.

;260;
Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Evs: Hp 248/ Att 48/Def 212
-Rest
-Sleep talk
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
Yer once again it is pretty self explanatory avalanche is to kill or scare Gyrados, Dragonite etc if they try to set up with DD.

;242;
Blissey @ Leftovers (its on Ds so dual items as of yet is not a problem)
Nature Bold
Evs Hp 252/ Def 252/ Spe 4
Attacks
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Thunderwave
-Seismic Toss
Extremely difficult to get but very worth it.
;485;
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Nature Timid
Evs SpAtt 252/4 SpDef/Spe 252
-Flamethrower
-Earthpower
-Dragon Pulse
-Explosion
Would of prefferred HP electric over dragon pulse but it was difficult enough getting a timid heatran with decent speed IVs
So yer this is my team so far rate and name and faults or improvements and could use some help on the last 2 pokes was looking at possibly Zapdos and Scizor.

PT Mismagius
11th August 2011, 6:27 PM
Most of the team seems good but I have a few things to say. Firstly, Avalanche isn't going to kill Gyarados especially after Intimidate. It is a good move to have I'm just saying it ain't killing Gyarados unlesss it is very weak. Secondly, as Blissey is so slow, I don't see the point in having any investment at all in Speed. Although it doesn't matter too much (considering as 4 EVs only makes your stat go up by 1 point), I'd say it is better to invest in SpD. Although it is so high anyway that you could just stick with speed. It doesn't really matter tbh.

Heres some sets you could try for Zapdos and Scizor.

Zapdos@ Life Orb
Nature: Timd/Modest
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Heat Wave
~ Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Ice
~ Roost

I know you already have a special attacker, but it is nice to have two. TB is for obvious STAB and Heat Wave is for good coverage. HP Grass to deal with Swampert who otherwise walls this set or HP Ice to hit the dragons super effectively. If you use HP Ice, the entirety of this set hits all of OU for at least neutral coverage except for Lanturn. Roost is to heal off Life Orb Recoil/SR damage and of course is a great recovery move to keep Zapdos around for a while.

Scizor@ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Brick Break / Superpower
~ Bug Bite / Roost

A great physical sweeper which can demolish most pokemon after one SD. Bullet Punch is for obvious STAB and priority and can also make Scizor a useful revenge killer. After the Technician boost, it can also become a very powerful move. Brick Break to hit steels hard after an SD. Superpower for much more damage, but then you are at minus 1 Atk and Def so Brick Break is prefered. Bug Bite is for a reliable STAB but you could use Roost to heal off recoil from Life Orb and to keep him sweeping for longer.

Hope I helped. =)

pokeG-unit
12th August 2011, 10:16 AM
yer i am going to go with that sizor i already had a sizor with that exact moveset by the IVs left a little to be desired 6 Att IVs so yer ill be redoing a sizor for that and i do like the Zapdos Idea with life orb.. just a toss up between Zapdos and Starmie now thanks for ur input.
Will make the change on blissey. thanks

PT Mismagius
12th August 2011, 2:10 PM
You're welcome.

qwerty1111
14th August 2011, 10:52 PM
a choice banded adamant scizor(technician) with 252 evs in attack and the rest in defense or hp would be nice
get it with u turn, bullet punch, super power, and pursuit
this way you wont need to set up and can revenge kill easily

pokeG-unit
16th August 2011, 1:18 PM
hmm dont mind that idea using scizor to force switches and then changing out again. dont mind that idea at all. thanks

Red Charizard
16th August 2011, 1:40 PM
Looks good so far, but it doesn't look like you have anything that can stand up to a Water type. I suggest something like Sceptile or something speedy. If not a Grass type, an Electric type might do you some justice.

pokeG-unit
17th August 2011, 6:23 AM
yer thats the reason i was thinking zapdos so that i can deal with water types