PDA

View Full Version : Duo Type rate please

Hina_omega
24th August 2011, 5:22 PM
So i threw this team together in about a week for a challenge my friend and i are doing.

We picked one type, and the other person picked another type and we had to make a duo type team, three of each type.

He got ghost and normal i got ice and ground...opposing forces ftw?

I dont use ice or ground like...ever but this was supposed to push us out of our normal areas...(water lol) so here we go

Camerupt@Custap berry
Nature: Hardy

-Stealth Rock
-Over Heat
-Earth Power
-Explosion

Usually my lead. His purpose is to set up stealth rock or kill with over heat/earth power once then explode once his hp is in the red with his berry.

Gastrodon@ Custap berry
Nature: Bold

-Muddy Water
-Memento
-Recover
-Pain Split

Another pokemon that's meant to annoy rather than sweep. Recovers hp and lowers accuracy/ stalls out leech seed untill its hp hits red, then he mementos to help someone else set up, usually stalrane. Thinking of ditching pain split as his hp is rather high, but not sure what to replace it with.

Mamoswine@Muscle Band
Nature:Adamant
-Superpower
-Ice Shard
-Endeavor
-Earthquake

Pretty straight forward. If opponent will 2 shot, use endevor + ice shard, if opponent trys to set up or stall...murder with mamoswine attack stat of doom.

Abomasnow@Muscle Band
Nature: Jolly

-Leech Seed
-Wood Hammer
-Ice shard
-Grass knot

Mostly here to set up never-ending hail + leech seed to give stalrane an extra boost(not that he needs it). I've swept things with this pokemon though, even though hes not built for that

Froslass@choice scarf/choice specs
Natures:Timid

-Spikes
-Destiny Bond
-Blizzard
-Trick

Shes sort of my multi purpose suicide baby. Sometimes she sets spikes, sometimes she tricks, or sometimes she starts sweeping with hail blizzard.

Walrein@Leftovers
Nature: Bold

-Toxic
-Substitute
-Protect
-Blizzard

Yay the walrus that never ever dies.

Hina_omega
13th September 2011, 1:39 AM
bump A DUMP

qwerty1111
13th September 2011, 2:23 AM
if you put ev spreads it would be more helpful
custap berry on gastrodon and camerupt is pretty much useless and unreliable
I think you should use mamoswine as a lead with focus sash and have it with the moves earthquake, stealth rock, ice shard, and endeavor
this will allow you to use stealth rock and if they attack you, you have your sash and then endeavour
if you are slower and they can easily OHKO you, just immediately go for endeavour and then ice shard

Aquadon
13th September 2011, 3:33 AM
A couple of things here:

Camerupt should probably be Brave, and even then you could probably use a better Ground type. I love Camerupt, but his Defensive abilities are very lacking. Also Gastrodon is much better in 5th Gen, so during this time Swampert can do most of what Gastrodon can do better (without Recover though). Mamoswine's good though. Stallrein/Abomasnow is pretty good (Grass Knot isn't the best plan for a Physical Attacker though), but Walrein doesn't need Toxic to whittle the opponent down; Sub/Protect can do that with Hail pretty well. Personally I'd recommend Super Fang for decimating foes. Finally, Froslass can be good too, but not too sure how it in this team. I like that it can Spinblock (speaking of which you should probably have a Spinner; probably replacing Camerupt as Donphan, Sandslash, Claydol can all Spin), and setting Spikes with that helps too, but it just seems too frail to Specs. Finally EV Spreads would be useful.

midend
19th September 2011, 10:04 AM
one with decent grass powered move can sweep half your team if you're not careful....

on the other hand, fire sweeps half of your other.

i would rather you have several types which cover for each other than 3 of each being very weak to one type.

Mayu808
19th September 2011, 10:27 AM
^he said this was two types. There's not much he can do about it with the given parameters. Anyways, claydol for camerupt. Spin and set rocks, also functions as a moderately good wall. Or use a rhyperior to one, have another fire resist, and two, wreck everything. Also, I prefer scarfed abomasnow with blizzard hail abuse but that ones up to you.

salaswampert
24th September 2011, 11:47 PM
If you dont like pain split earthquake could be an option instead. You may want to switch camerupt with something else. Not to many options and for the typing this is a decent team. Because your opponent will have ghost types shadow ball should probably be on froslasses moveset. Flygon could be a part of the team because it is a ground type.

Blue Harvest
25th September 2011, 3:48 AM
Locked, because no EVs were posted. Read the rules please :)

(.. even though it took a month for us to do anything about it)