PDA

View Full Version : Building a modified Grass deck; help needed!

manaphee
25th August 2011, 12:37 AM
So, I've been going to my local League for the past four weeks as of now, and I'm loving it. I'm getting more "serious" with building decks, and I've decided to build a modified deck, using mostly cards from B/W-on.
I /am/ going to the Emerging Powers pre-release in two days, so If you'd like to suggest using cards from that set, I'd be fine with that.

I know a few things I will use in my deck;
x3 Snivy 2/114 B/W
x1 Snivy 1/114 B/W
x3 Servine 4/114 B/W (I have one so far; two more needed)
x3 Serperior 5/114 B/W (Have two so far)
x3 Deerling 13/114 B/W (One so far)
x2 Sawsbuck 14/114 B/W (One so far)
x2 Maractus 12/114 B/W (One so far)

I'd like about one more evolution line. Feel free to suggest trainers, amounts of energies, different Pokemon, a second type, etc.
Don't be too harsh, however. I'm just starting out (well, not really. I played in fourth grade, but not the correct way) with this, so I'd like suggestions, but just don't be rude. |D Thanks in advance !

Charze
26th August 2011, 9:08 PM
If you want to run a deck with only Black and White cards, you may want to wait until the new set comes out next week. Here is how I would set up a BW-on Grass deck.

x1 Snivy 1/114 B/W
x3 Snivy 2/114 B/W
x1 Servine 3/114 B/W
x2 Servine 4/114 B/W
x1 Serperior 5/114 B/W
x2 Serperior 6/114 B/W
x3 Pansage 1/98 EP
x2 Simisage 8/114 B/W
x? Virizion EP
2-2 Watchog EP
x2 Audino 83/98 EP

B/W Trainer wise, you'll want Pokemon Communications, Pokemon Catchers, Cheren, Bianca, Switch, Recycle, Great Ball, what ever you feel your deck needs. Energy wise, I'd say up to 18 max, and feel free to replace some with Double colorless.

Audino and Pansage are good cards to start with. Serperior and Virizon are your main goals to get out. Simisage can deal up to 120. And Watchog is another good guy to have in case of Fire.

This is just a suggestion, good luck!

manaphee
27th August 2011, 3:55 PM
Thanks. C:
I made a new deck, using cards only from Emerging Powers. I scrapped the whole Snivy line, and I have 2 Virizion from EP. I also included fighting type, as well as four Pokemon Catchers.

Shiningmilotic
28th August 2011, 8:44 AM
i missed to pre-release at my league :( did your league do anything special?

manaphee
29th August 2011, 2:46 AM
Well, we had an afterdraft for an additional $15. It was really fun. o3o I'll probably be going to the next one...

Charze
30th August 2011, 2:21 AM
If you want to run a deck with only Black and White cards, you may want to wait until the new set comes out next week. Here is how I would set up a BW-on Grass deck.

x1 Snivy 1/114 B/W
x3 Snivy 2/114 B/W
x1 Servine 3/114 B/W
x2 Servine 4/114 B/W
x1 Serperior 5/114 B/W
x2 Serperior 6/114 B/W
x3 Pansage 1/98 EP
x2 Simisage 8/114 B/W
x? Virizion EP
2-2 Watchog EP
x2 Audino 83/98 EP

B/W Trainer wise, you'll want Pokemon Communications, Pokemon Catchers, Cheren, Bianca, Switch, Recycle, Great Ball, what ever you feel your deck needs. Energy wise, I'd say up to 18 max, and feel free to replace some with Double colorless.

Audino and Pansage are good cards to start with. Serperior and Virizon are your main goals to get out. Simisage can deal up to 120. And Watchog is another good guy to have in case of Fire.

This is just a suggestion, good luck!

A quick correction, if you're using the Pan line, you may want to change types so that it will cover your weakness since its almost all colorless. Have fun bothering people with your catchers :P

ven?
30th August 2011, 7:11 PM
x3 Snivy 2/114 B/W
x1 Snivy 1/114 B/W
x3 Servine 4/114 B/W (I have one so far; two more needed)
x3 Serperior 5/114 B/W (Have two so far)
x3 Deerling 13/114 B/W (One so far)
x2 Sawsbuck 14/114 B/W (One so far)
x2 Maractus 12/114 B/W (One so far)

eww, where's the setup, support, search, the great assets that make grass decks so effin annoying. Cards to consider for this deck

sunflora hgss (pkmn search engine)
levanny 7/98 (evo setup)
bellawesome UD (heal)
vileplume UD (lock)

Yes i used cards from HGSS to explain that grass decks cannot rely strictly on themselves if they are bw-on, for attacking yes, but for support your always going to need a hand for that, or your decks setup is going to be slowed down.