PDA

View Full Version : emerald non legendary tourney squad plz help!!

tokilladaemon
29th August 2011, 1:25 AM
Hey guys I'm entering a 3rd gen tournament in abt a month and there's a no legendary rule so this is what I've come up with so far, but still have some questions

All are level 100

Aggron jolly@leftovers, rock head
252 evs in sp def 150 attack 102 hp
Bulk up
Earthquake
Rollout
Double edge
(Think of this as an alternative to the classic ddtar as they are both equally weak to fighting but aggron's defence is miles higher than tar's and his attack is almost as high)

Blaziken adamant@choice band, blaze
Full evs in attack and sp atk
Flamethrower
Thunderpunch
Sky uppercut
Earthquake

Salamence adamant@choice band, intimidate
Full evs in attack and speed
Rock slide
Aerial ace
Dragon claw
Earthquake

Walrein quiet@leftovers, ice body
Full evs in hp and sp atk
Ice ball
Ice beam
Surf
Toxic

Tropius quiet@miracle seed, chlorophyll
Full evs in sp atk and sp def
Sunny day
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Leech seed

This next part is the main reason I'm posting this thread
I have two pokemon I want to use but I'm not sure which would be more useful

Gardevoir modest@lax incense, trace
Full evs in sp atk and defence
Calm mind
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow ball

Gengar modest@lax incense, levitate
Full evs in sp atk and sp def
Toxic
Psychic
Shadow ball
Sludge bomb

I really don't know which to pick and if my other pokemon are good plz help!!!

Porygon-Z Lover
7th September 2011, 3:57 AM
Here's what I have to say,;474;
;474;
1. 2 choice bands on both your physical sweepers is a ;474; little dicey (other than aggron whom I'm guessing your ;474; going to use as more of a lead.;474;
;474;
2. Gardevoir vs. Gengar... ;474;
;474;
Both are great, ;474;
It looks like you've already got a special sweeper in tropius and a ;474; tank in wailord. If I were you I would go with Gardevoir. He's a good ;474; back up special sweeper if tropius goes down. I'm not a big fan ;474; of tropius anyway but make your own decisions. ;474;
;474;
3. PORYGON-Z RULES ALL!!! ;474;
Get one or if you can't a porygon 2, ;474;
whose a good guy to have around. ;474;
;474;

Oh yeah and if Salmence is a physical sweeper give it double edge ;474;

salaswampert
1st October 2011, 5:09 PM
I don't think aggron should have a jolly nature. It really won't outspeed anything, slowbro and shuckle excluded. Also it would be helpful to know why you choose the other pokemon, maybe put why;). Also I would use gengar over gardevoir, but with a different movespread though. I would give him:
shadow ball
fire punch
ice punch
hp grass
shadow ball is his good stab move, fire punch covers steels, ice punch kills dragons, and hp grass murders swampert(:(). I think this team will do pretty good in your tourney.

AromaFlora
2nd October 2011, 10:19 AM
Gengar > Gardevoir, no contest really. Three immunities, fast, more SpA, and has Electric/Ice coverage with Thunderbolt and Ice Punch. Moreover, it can absorb back some life with Giga Drain, burn foes with Will-O-Wisp, or sleep with Hypnosis. I know Gardevoir can use Thunderbolt, Will-O-Wisp, and Hypnosis too, but not with the quickness Gengar offers.

Also, Aggron doesn't learn Bulk Up. Perhaps you were looking for Curse, but either way, it's pretty terrible on it. It invites special attackers who will outspeed and KO Aggron right off the bat. And, Earthquakes still do huge damage to Aggron. It's probably better to just use Dragon Dance Tyranitar or Choice Band Aerodactyl on the slot but I'm talking too much...

Read the rules. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=517344) You need some descriptions implemented on your RMT. 2-4 sentences is fine with me. If you can manage this, PM me your descriptions and I'll unlock your RMT!