PDA

View Full Version : What 5th gen pokemon would you have liked to see have an evolution?

Pages : 1 [2]

Snigeln
1st March 2012, 9:17 AM
Amoonguss looks like it could ave an evolution, like a reeeeeally old fungus, gone all gray-brown, looking tired and mean. :D
Would also love to see an evolution of Galvantula, it´s not quite yet that really nasty beast of a spider that´d be cool.

The King of Ho-oh's
1st March 2012, 8:29 PM
Heck no. Tauros is a bull. Boufalant is a buffalo. They are not related. Is that clear?

I seriously can not tell; sarcasm?

If it isn't sarcastic: most evolutions are bigger stretches of
the imagination than a bull becoming a buffalo.

Amoonguss looks like it could ave an evolution, like a reeeeeally old fungus, gone all gray-brown, looking tired and mean.

I'd support that. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I have a lot
of love for that little spore-spreadin'-shroom. :D

I'd also love to see Sawsbuck get a big-*** moose as an evolution and a nasty Crustle
evolution. Perhaps similar to Kinglar, but with a big chuck of land on top with fossils in it.

Ash Ketchum!
1st March 2012, 8:44 PM
I seriously can not tell; sarcasm?

If it isn't sarcastic: most evolutions are bigger stretches of
the imagination than a bull becoming a buffalo.

I'm not being sarcastic.

Schade
1st March 2012, 8:44 PM
Cryagonal ahould have some sort of evolution.
Or a Pre-Evolution

RustyOwl
4th March 2012, 2:49 AM
I would have liked to have seen an evolution for Swoobat, Musharna (trippy elephant?), or Liepard (more like a panther?). I enjoyed some of the ideas I've seen in this thread so far.

Oh, and, it would be nice to have a third fossil stage for a change! The ancient sea turtle and archaeopteryx had such potential to keep going!

Heck no. Tauros is a bull. Boufalant is a buffalo. They are not related. Is that clear?

Charmander is a salamander, Charizard is a dragon.

Treecko is a gecko, Grovyle is a raptor, Sceptile is a dilophosaurus.

Marill is a mouse, Azumarill is a rabbit.

So, you see, it's not that big of a stretch between a bull and a buffalo, or to suggest a Pokémon would evolve along those lines. A buffalo tends to look a lot like a bull with big poofy hair. It makes sense.

Real-life evolution works similarly. One species can evolve from a different species. If you look at a big enough time span, they'd be incomparable to each other.

Also, have you seen the difference between Dratini/Dragonair and Dragonite? C'monnn. Haha.

Champion Jared 14
4th March 2012, 4:49 AM
Maractus
Durant
Basculin
Purrloin

These pokemon need an evolution.

lycanadam
26th March 2012, 2:00 AM
Id like to see a change with ducklett. Like make Swanna the female evo. and get ducklett its own male evolution. The male could be like water/grass and have a levitate ability.

Lifeline
26th March 2012, 3:53 AM
Id like to see a change with ducklett. Like make Swanna the female evo. and get ducklett its own male evolution. The male could be like water/grass and have a levitate ability.

Floating feathered ludicolo?

While gamefreak is on its merging pokemon kick with BW2, why not a purple striped basculin? It could have two sets of fins, matching the red and blue one's, but be double the size and much more threatening because of its two sets of teeth. Call it Basculin 2, because original names are overrated.

Taury
29th March 2012, 10:16 AM
I like my male Swanna, so maybe just do what they did with Unfezant (Pidove's final evolution) where the male's more colorful and viabrant and the female's more plain looking, like how peacocks are, and make one version of Swanna more notiacable masculine versus the female one which is fine as is.

Personally though, I'd like to see an evolution of Heatnor, something more anteater/badger like.

Hydreigon5782
29th March 2012, 7:39 PM
on another note, when they first revealed lilypup i though FOR SURE that he was a prevo of growlithe

Zaurfen
29th March 2012, 10:17 PM
dunsparce, shuckle and shedinja need evolutions! They all have potential but are held back due to their stats! i'd say relicanth as well but hes a coelacanth, which haven't evolved at all so it would be kind of weird if he got an evolution

Shneak
29th March 2012, 10:20 PM
Basculin, Cryogonal and Druddigon.

Trainer Frankie
30th March 2012, 5:41 AM
Throh needs an evo. Badly. Sawk doesn't suck in RU because of STAB CC, base 80 Speed, Sturdy, and base 125 Attack. Sure, Throh has base 120 HP, but 100 base Attack doesn't cut it, GF.

And we have never had a legendary (aside from maybe Volcarona, but I don't know if he's a legendary or not) that evolves.
There was also a time when legendaries couldn't breed.

Geog112
30th March 2012, 1:44 PM
Ok, hello there, I'm new to this forum so please be nice :)
I'd have liked to see a few evolutions and pre-evolutions that some of the members on here have also posted. I've drawn some ideas and digitalised 1 and am in the process of a second, so Here are my ideas:
Pre-Evolution of Drilbur- Drilloid (Digitalised) Ground type.
Evolution of Audino- Unnamed (Process being complete) Normal and Bug type (I don't know how it ended as bug type, but it just seemed to work for the design)
Evolution of Maractus- Cactor (Just the sketch) Grass and Ghost type. (Worked well as a ghost, made it a bit creepier)
Evolution of Basculin(s) - Unnamed (Sketch) Water type. (This is one of my favourite sketches)
Evolution of Karrablast (non-trading)- Unnamed (sketch)- Bug/fight type. (i was inspired by the horn on his head.)
Evolution of Shelmet )non-trading)- Unnamed (sketch)- Bug/steel type. (Nothing special compared to my others)

I hope I am allowed to post this, and am I allowed to post the images when they are done?

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
30th March 2012, 2:04 PM
Most deffiantly basculin

Shade2000
30th March 2012, 5:57 PM
i say excadrill should have one to make it seem EVEN MORE POWERFUL and of course druddigon, i mean its a dragon, and its weak and dragons arent weak and it seriosly could get bigger

x0MoMusica0x
30th March 2012, 6:23 PM
i would LOVE to see Druddigon have a pre- or an evolution b/c they definitely could've expanded there.
Basculin indefinitely. Why not Magikarp done right?
Maybe Petilil/Lilligant and Cottonee/Whimsicott should get another type of stone evolution
Mincinno/Cincinno indefinitely
Durant and Maractus need evolutions by trade or otherwise. That would be pretty cool

that's all i think:D

lycanadam
31st March 2012, 6:18 AM
Floating feathered ludicolo?

While gamefreak is on its merging pokemon kick with BW2, why not a purple striped basculin? It could have two sets of fins, matching the red and blue one's, but be double the size and much more threatening because of its two sets of teeth. Call it Basculin 2, because original names are overrated.

well I never liked ludicolo, just trying to expand on the type. wish i had a scanner would of loved to put up the sketch made of it, i think its pretty cool. But i like your idea on the basculin though.

Primal Crusader V
31st March 2012, 7:02 AM
Has anyone considered Durant?

BOMBS
31st March 2012, 7:02 AM
there are only two pokemon that i believe could be possible candidates for evolutions.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/556MS.png - i view maractus as the female counterpart to cacnea. and seeing how cacnea has an evolution, maractus deserves one too. it could evolve into an ocotillo or a palm tree or any desert shrub for that matter.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a7/550MS.png http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1e/550BMS.png - a lot of people are saying basculin deserves an evolution and i kind of agree. they are so ugly, i can see them evolving into some disgustingly monsterous liopleurodon.

greatguy
31st March 2012, 7:12 AM
I considered Basculin,but realizing that BW have introduced an overabundunce of hideous pokes, ie, Druddigon, I decided against it.

Ferrothorn definitely. I realize this is stupid, but I do use it as a tank. Compared to others, it could use work.

LightningRevolver
31st March 2012, 2:43 PM
Stunfisk/DERPfisk should evolve into something like Gyarados or something like that so it would be like DERP--->Supersomething (e.g. Magikarp--->Gyarados and Feebas--->Milotic etc.)

GalladeX
31st March 2012, 3:34 PM
I didn't feel any needed evolutions. Everyone seemed to fill their niches well, and it's more interesting to have a couple of non-evolving Pokémon in a game than have everyone evolve. I felt the game designers made good choices and I trust them.

overlordmewtwo
31st March 2012, 3:41 PM
Has anyone considered Durant?

I have considered Durant. But then I actually used it in battle and discovered how powerful that thing actually is. It does NOT need an evolution. Hone Claws + Hustle = dangerous.

Durant's enemy, Heatmor, probably needs an evolution. Like maybe a Fire/Ground type with higher defensive stats and speed. Then it would maybe see some useage outside of NU.

I also think that Castform needs an evolution. Its ability gives it huge versatility, but its stats let it down big time. If it were to get an increase in all stats, it would be much better, and would put a stop to weather teams more easily in OU.

Dancing Togekiss
31st March 2012, 5:55 PM
Audino-I want to see Audino evolve or have a pre-evolved forme. I think it could have one.
Stunfisk-He already has amazing stats but I think he's missing something right now
Sawk/Throw-The guys could have a pre evoloution like the hitmon family did!
Durant- This guy could have a fearesome eveloution if they put their minds to it. Perhaps it could have evolved to defend itself from Heatmor?
Druddigon- This big dragon could have a cute pre-evo. I don't know why but I think a small druddigon would be really cute!
Beartic- I think he could get an eveloution like Rhyhorn and Magmar. Beartic could be covered in an icey armor and become ice/steel. You could get him by trading beartic with a certain item.

Bolt the Cat
2nd April 2012, 5:20 PM
I'm too busy to go through every 5th gen Pokemon, but Alomamola and Emolga should've been evolutions of Luvdisc and Pachirisu. Also, since Pawniard and Bisharp are based on chess pieces (Pawn and Bishop respectively), it'd be nice to see alt evolutions based on other chess pieces (Rook, Knight, and Queen) and maybe a King that would be legendary (considering that in chess, you only get one king but all other pieces can be promoted from pawns that make it all the way across the board. Also, capturing the King is how you win).

diamondpearl876
2nd April 2012, 6:31 PM
I'd have to go with Emolga, Druddigon, and Audino. Their evolutions would have a lot of potential, I think.

kemal07
3rd April 2012, 1:48 AM
Cryogonal could have had a pre-evolution...

Eternalserenity
3rd April 2012, 2:14 AM
Evolutions to the following:
Cryogonal, Beartic, Zebstrika, Maractus, Sigilyph, Golurk, Alomomola, Emolga

Prevolutions to the following:
Sawk, Throh

Add:
A third evolution to the prevolution of Sawk & Throh.

DragonXmicro
3rd April 2012, 2:21 AM
Evolutions to the following:
Cryogonal, Beartic, Zebstrika, Maractus, Sigilyph, Golurk, Alomomola, Emolga

Prevolutions to the following:
Sawk, Throh

Add:
A third evolution to the prevolution of Sawk & Throh.
Not a nother hitmonchan/lee/top, plz.
Yet, with what gf trolls us with, i can see them do it.
Do u think they look here for suggestions for the games?

Eternalserenity
3rd April 2012, 2:36 AM
Not a nother hitmonchan/lee/top, plz.
Yet, with what gf trolls us with, i can see them do it.
Do u think they look here for suggestions for the games?

Gamefreak? Troll us? Naaaah. :p
It is doubtful they look to SPPf for ideas.

RedAce♠
4th April 2012, 12:40 AM
Druddigon would be so cool to have a evolution. I think he was good to start with and not ugly like most folks think... but it he gets one... man that will be a pretty good poke XD Though adding a rock typing to him would make him even deadler since sandstorm would give him a nice boost in Sp. Def stat. Though I have one thing to say, NO on pre-evolution!!!! It's stupid and should have never been created, the pre-evolve pokes are always weaker (I don't care about eviolite, it doesn't make them more a threat. Trust me.) and there just plainning pointless... Just like baby pokes. Also I would too like to see a female sawsbuck form, I mean nintindo is getting lazy, how hard is it to give a pokemon a slightly different form on it's gender? It's not like where asking this to be done on 10,000 pokemon, just 600+ And what's up with the pokes with just one gender? That doesn't even make sence, not even for pokemon.

JustifiedTerrakion
4th April 2012, 7:01 PM
I would have like to seen a Druddigon evo and a Durant evo into something like I dunno 'Durantrap'.I think Whismicott should evolve into a Grass/Flying type giving Hurricane STAB.

TheEliteEmpoleon
4th April 2012, 10:24 PM
I would say heatmor and druddigon. But since heatmor and durant are counterparts, I guess I'm also asking for a durant evolution.

ChloboShoka
5th April 2012, 12:40 AM
Female counterpart for Bisharp.
Baby form of Gollett.
Stunfisk evos for the same reason as everyone else.
Cryogonal looks like it could hav some babies.

AllyNidhogg
5th April 2012, 12:42 AM
I would love to see evolutions of Druddigon and Cryogonal, in addition to Sigilyph and Stunfisk.

Was disappointed when I found out Alomomola wasn't Luvdisc's evolution; Luvdisc is horrible and Alomomola isn't really any greater...

DrakoKnight15
5th April 2012, 11:56 AM
For me? A stunfisk evo would be so awesome, as would an evolution of druddigon, or durant. (Especially durant).
However, I also think that in general, baby evos of heatmor, or even audino, would be different, and catch pokemon die hards off guard with their predicitons! ;D

DrakoKnight15
5th April 2012, 11:57 AM
For me? A stunfisk evo would be so awesome, as would an evolution of druddigon, or durant. (Especially durant).
However, I also think that in general, baby evos of heatmor, or even audino, would be different, and catch pokemon die hards off guard with their predicitons! ;D

rovert
5th April 2012, 9:36 PM
Personally I would like to see both a swoobat and sigilyph evolution. Both are lacking slightly in power and GF could do something there :/

ShinyMienshao
8th April 2012, 4:09 AM
Helloooooo. Is everyone forgetting about heatmor and druddigon? Wouldn't it be fantastic if either had an evolution?

Lanik
8th April 2012, 4:29 AM
A happiness evolution and a baby form for Audino should happen in the long run. I'd like to see how bulky its evolution will be.

pink
8th April 2012, 6:18 AM
I think Audino needed an evolution, its not chansey-enough~
Maractus too, it's a nice pokemon, just too weak to work later in the game.
Cryogonal is kinda lame just as is, maybe an evolution could help it?
Also Swoobat, its a paralell to zubat/golbat, so it needs a 3rd stage :D

Whiskas
8th April 2012, 4:53 PM
I would love to see a Stunkfish evolution.

Squiddly Dee
8th April 2012, 4:58 PM
I would love to see a Swoobat evolution. Some of its stats are lacking, but an evolution could fix that.

Icy Meteor
9th April 2012, 3:17 AM
I'd love to see Durant have an evolution, something in a similar vein to what Vespiquen is to Combee.
I really want Druddigon to have an evolution as well, something a lot cooler than it's current design.

John Wallrein
9th April 2012, 6:08 AM
Emolga and basculin. They just seem like 1st evolutions ready to grow.

DiamondClass
9th April 2012, 6:12 AM
I really believe Tropius needs a good evolution and pre-evolution to fix it. It just comes out of nowhere, and also the typing could have some potential.

Aiden_Pyralis
28th April 2012, 9:45 AM
I know it's not a Gen 5 pokemon, but shuckle needs an evolution. Could you imagine shuckle being able to use eviolite? It could laugh at all the other walls and all the offensive pokemon trying to break its 460 defenses, but ofcourse it would still get wreacked by night shade and seismic toss.

iPokemon
28th April 2012, 3:01 PM
Stunfisk, Druddigon, and Audino need evolutions in my opinion. Audino should evolve with max happiness.

Seles
4th May 2012, 3:29 AM
I think Druddigon should get an evolution.Maybe a baby pokemon too.

snivysson
5th May 2012, 2:16 AM
Probably a basculin evolution maybe make it part dark its movepool is a little lacking
and thats part of the reason that i never used it.

monkeyman192
5th May 2012, 11:08 AM
I really wanted cryogonal to evolve. I don't know what to, some bigger ice thing...

Hikari Paradise
1st June 2012, 11:02 PM
Stunfisk needs an evolution more than anything. Probably into something menacing with large teeth that just screams "You still think I'm derp? Get ready to get raped."

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome
2nd June 2012, 2:16 AM
Ferrothorn, Stunfisk, Cryogonal, Basculin, Simipour/sage/sear...

Howie Cheeto
2nd June 2012, 2:22 AM
I used to think that it would've been nice to see an evo for Basculin into a fiercer barrucuda-looking fish pokemon and would again have different red-/blue-striped designs, like the two shellos-->Gastrodon designs. And yeah, a second typing like Dark or something.

Drdj11
2nd June 2012, 2:24 AM
I would like to see Durant evolve.

Dragalge
2nd June 2012, 4:12 AM
I would like to see Durant evolve.

Yes please:)

Ver-mont
2nd June 2012, 4:20 AM
Basculin. It just doesn't work as a stand-alone, give it a shark-like evolution or something.
Druddigon. It really feels incomplete.
Stunfisk.

Kall El
3rd June 2012, 7:39 PM
This is a tough one as the majority of Isshu-native Pokemon are well placed already, hard to see too many evo's.
That being said, I can see Bouffalant having a pre-evo.
Durant could possibly use some special-evolution.
Drudiggon could defo use a new forme or evo.
Can't think of much more :]

Aakash98
30th June 2012, 5:47 PM
Basculin needs an evoultion, as it is weak compared to other pokemon. I think a Shark would be a good evolution

Maractus is ignored by many for other sandstorm pokemon like Sandile, maybe an evolution that could be also a water type could increase popularity

richi3f
30th June 2012, 10:48 PM
I could see female Durant evolving into a queen ant (like Vespiquen). It would have stronger defenses, lower speed and it could even learn Attack, Defend, and Heal Order. As for Basculin, I would prefer if it evolved into a gar (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Gar_shedd.jpg/800px-Gar_shedd.jpg) as we already have two shark Pokémon.

GF could easily "fix" Luvdisc/Alomomola by adding a new evolutionary stone/item/move and an incense.

Zantex
1st July 2012, 1:05 AM
i think Steelix or Skarmory should have a new evolution. Skarmory preferably... as for names for the evolutions i don't have any.

Autis-misc
1st July 2012, 1:41 AM
I want to see A middle evolution between Yamask and Cofagrigus... maybe a mummy, or a final evolution of an Undead zombie... like, a ghost evolves into a coffin which evolves into a zombie. There could be plenty of jokes to make out of that.

J-Tech
1st July 2012, 10:27 AM
Emolga. I was so disappointed when I saw that it didn't evolve

Serebii!
1st July 2012, 11:03 AM
I think Yamask would work if it evolved into Cofagrigus or something else to add more variety

Shinluxray348
2nd July 2012, 4:33 AM
I think it'd be cool if druddigon had an evolution. Something more complete :D

Mewtwo Catcher
3rd July 2012, 2:22 AM
I think the only pokemon that really NEED an evolution are Basculin, Emolga and Stunfisk.

Emolga--> Larger and more squirrel like in appearance. The flaps of skin on it's sides should be larger to give it better flight.
Basculin--> A big piranha similar to Carvanah, but larger.
Stunfisk--> .......Okay I've got nothing.

jabs4
3rd July 2012, 2:34 AM
Beheeyem

Definitely feels like there's something more you can do with that line.

Ace Of Keys
3rd July 2012, 2:36 AM
I'd like to see Drudigun evolve. something bigger with a bit of armor

Sworn Metalhead
13th July 2012, 1:54 AM
durant, i can imagine another lethal steel/bug combo :D

tyger
14th August 2012, 3:28 AM
I personally think it would be cool to see basculin red and blue get an evolution by having one of each level up in a double or triple battle...

andresballer03
14th August 2012, 4:52 PM
i want eeveelution! geareon the steel type and maybe like drageon the dragon type. idk :Pbasculin definitely, and emolga needs one too. the typing could have proven useful if it could fly and if it was stronger.

Drake Pokétrainer
15th August 2012, 9:18 AM
Basculin. I think it looks, incomplete.
A lot of standalone pokemon already look complete, like Absol, Seviper, Zangoose, Maractus, ... But I don't have that feeling with Basculin.

SmeargleRocks
17th August 2012, 6:23 PM
I would have liked to see that Alomomola was an evolution of Luvdisc when I found out it wasn't I was disappointed that it wad only a cheap more defenseive luvdisc

Shaylup
17th August 2012, 6:26 PM
Emolga does definitely need an evolution. I think it should be like a flying lemur or something. There HAS to be a lemur pokemon soon.

cascadethewarrior
17th August 2012, 6:28 PM
Maybe it's just me but I've had this theory for a while that the 6th gen would have evolution of previous Pokemon BUT only 5th gen Pokemon. like how they did with Eevee they will make more monkeys, maybe a Psychic Type monkeys or whatever

Anyway, I want to see a Druddigon evolution.

The_UnAmerican_Idol
17th August 2012, 6:43 PM
When I first saw Alomomola, I thought it was an evolution of Luvdisc. I mean, cmon. They look so much alike that it makes sense

Hudsonn98
17th August 2012, 8:08 PM
Definetly pre-evos for Heatmor, Durant, and Maractus...

MTeriyaki
17th August 2012, 8:29 PM
hrmmm... what about baby pokemon? :D
like baby absol. baby zangoose. baby seviper. etc...
i feel all the standalone pokemon should have some sort of evolutionary chain

cascadethewarrior
17th August 2012, 8:29 PM
Definetly pre-evos for Heatmor, Durant

I don't think Heatmor and Durant will ever get evolution's because they represent natural enemies, similar to Seviper and Zangoose.

Shneak
18th August 2012, 3:20 AM
Pre-evolution of Sigilyph.

http://earth-search.net/uploads/ica_nazca_lines_02.jpg

Wasthereonce
18th August 2012, 4:38 AM
i want eeveelution! geareon the steel type and maybe like drageon the dragon type. idk :Pbasculin definitely, and emolga needs one too. the typing could have proven useful if it could fly and if it was stronger.

Geareon's a terrible name. I like Chromeon

Wishing Star
18th August 2012, 4:41 AM
Maybe like a defensive evolution for Pawniard? Seeing as Bisharp's Attack stat are already pretty high.

mario_fan
18th August 2012, 5:14 AM
Maybe like a defensive evolution for Pawniard? Seeing as Bisharp's Attack stat are already pretty high.

^ This I would like to see a complete promotion evolution set a Queen a Rook and a Knight
I've always thought that Druddigon should have a split evolution.
It absorbs sunlight with its wings= Grass/Dragon
It has a rocky face= Rock/ Dragon

Cutty
18th August 2012, 5:33 AM
I'd like to see another Eevee evo, maybe for the steel type.

I agree w/ Durant and Basculin to evolve too.

Torosiken
18th August 2012, 8:09 PM
A prevo for Sawk and Throh. A same one x'D Just like how Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan got : Tyrogue.
And they also need a new bro like Hitmontop *shot*
I would love to see Palpitoad got another evolution like what Poliwhirl got~

confuser987
18th August 2012, 8:21 PM
How about more DNA digivolutions. :D

andresballer03
18th August 2012, 9:02 PM
Geareon's a terrible name. I like Chromeon

well if you ask me "chromeon is just about as nonsensical and dumb as you can get, no need to judge my name choice and call it "terrible"

Shneak
20th August 2012, 3:41 AM
The last/next Eeveelution will be a dragon type. It will complete all of the special types. I don't know if they would dive into physical.

Pkmn Breeder Jack
20th August 2012, 5:59 AM
To this day I can not fathom how Luvdisc does not evolve into Alomomo-whatever.

Wishing Star
20th August 2012, 6:35 AM
To this day I can not fathom how Luvdisc does not evolve into Alomomo-whatever.

They're based off of different types of fish. But then again, Remoraid and Octillery.

Ziga
20th August 2012, 10:35 AM
Jynxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Furret-Luver
20th August 2012, 7:12 PM
I would've liked to see a evolution to Liepard, because it was one of my favorite pokemon until I found out how weak it is, then decided not to use it unless in-game
liepard was one of my first pokemon, i loved it! it was so cute and just awesome! but it IS weak, another evolution would have helped.

SporeH
20th August 2012, 9:05 PM
Maracatus should have a pre-evolved. It could have little buds instead of flowers and smaller spikes.

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
20th August 2012, 11:32 PM
I think a heatmor pre-vo would work, the best way to describe it is just a smaller, cuter version. Durant evo, just change him all!!!! big ant look cool! better evos are neccasary for many

Pyrotechnet
22nd August 2012, 8:44 AM
I would have loved for Zebstrika to kick it up on more time. It was a cool Pokemon, but just couldn't always stand ground (stand ground... haha... electric type pun) where I wanted it to.
Ferroseed always looked like a middle stage to me. I would have been pumped to see that one evolve.
Druddigon could have used a prevo. It probably would have been adorable.

Biggest one though:
Basculin. Never will Nintendo be allowed to live that one down in my mind. Magikarp and Feebas had a good trend going. Then Nintendo reveals basculin. One with color differences that could potentially make for, not one, but TWO awesome evolutions. It's one of the few Water Pokemon that looked like a water creature in the entire 5th Gen (Alomomola and stunfisk qualify as ones found in the wild) As many water Pokemon as Gen 5 had, none of them really wowed me. I loved Carracosta, but it was a fossil-Pokemon. And then Nintendo offers us another, awkwardly almost ugly looking fish but doesn't do what we come to expect from the little buggers. It was just a onestager. I was disappointed.
Maybe I'm just crazy for being bothered more by that than Luvdisc and Alomomola not being related

Draco.
22nd August 2012, 2:26 PM
victini :)

Draco.
22nd August 2012, 7:12 PM
i would like that durant gets an evolution :)

cuz then i can get it in shiny :)
i just cought a shiny durant xD

Pingouin7
22nd August 2012, 7:24 PM

I agree that having an event-only Pokémon have an evolution would be a nice touch.

Ver-mont
22nd August 2012, 7:26 PM

Imossible. It's a legendary Pokémon (what by itself rules out evolution) and overpowered as it is.

Basculin. Never will Nintendo be allowed to live that one down in my mind. Magikarp and Feebas had a good trend going. Then Nintendo reveals basculin. One with color differences that could potentially make for, not one, but TWO awesome evolutions.

Exactly, I'd love to see different evolutions depending on the stripe color.

Dragalge
22nd August 2012, 7:33 PM
Nope to both Basculin and Durant, both hit hard as it is, no need for more power, I would say Heatmor but thats it.

Ver-mont
22nd August 2012, 7:35 PM
Nope to both Basculin and Durant, both hit hard as it is, no need for more power, I would say Heatmor but thats it.

You must be kidding about Basculin. It's a pathetic Pokémon.

Dragalge
22nd August 2012, 7:39 PM
Basculin has decent speed and a nice ability that goes along with its attack and STAB. Choice Banded, Adaptability boosted, STAB Aqua Tail in the Rain hits at scary levels, hurting anything that doesn't resist it hard, it might be no Gyarados but it hits about as hard.

Ver-mont
22nd August 2012, 7:42 PM
Basculin has decent speed and a nice ability that goes along with its attack and STAB. Choice Banded, Adaptability boosted, STAB Aqua Tail in the Rain hits at scary levels, hurting anything that doesn't resist it hard, it might be no Gyarados but it hits about as hard.

Mediocre stats, barren movepool, outclassed by a number of better options. And a sorely unimpressive design on top. Apart from Adaptability, it's worthless.

Dragalge
22nd August 2012, 7:49 PM
Outclassed doesn't mean worthless, almost every Pokemon has a niche like Basculin, Crawdaunt may have it too but it is slow, plus it only needs Superpower, Aqua Tail, Crunch, and Return to utilize its set, although this is competitive I am talking about, where Basculin is decent in NU. other than this, I can kinda agree, but you can take it has a gimmick, but its sure isn't a useless one.

Ver-mont
22nd August 2012, 7:54 PM
Outclassed doesn't mean worthless, almost every Pokemon has a niche like Basculin, Crawdaunt may have it too but it is slow, plus it only needs Superpower, Aqua Tail, Crunch, and Return to utilize its set, although this is competitive I am talking about, where Basculin is decent in NU. other than this, I can kinda agree, but you can take it has a gimmick, but its sure isn't a useless one.

Well, then you should agree that it isn't so fine it couldn't use an evolution.

vapor_trails
22nd August 2012, 9:33 PM
Plain and simple, a pair of 5th Gen Eeveelutions

Kalytera
24th August 2012, 9:29 AM
Heatmor and Basculin.

LuringMaster
24th August 2012, 9:46 AM
Probably Volcarona.

Agonist
24th August 2012, 1:56 PM
liepard was one of my first pokemon, i loved it! it was so cute and just awesome! but it IS weak, another evolution would have helped.

Liepard isn't too bad now that Prankster has been released.

Darkazure
26th August 2012, 2:01 AM
Bisharp.
He rules already but if he could evolve into a gundum like pokemon I'd have one in a second.

Mr.FusRoDah
26th August 2012, 6:36 AM
Basculine. Think about it, it is already a paralel to a Magikarp, except like a morph between 'Karp and 'Dos. They should show an even bigger, badder evolution to it.

Quiver
27th August 2012, 12:18 AM
I don't think it would be right to create an evolution for a Pokemon purely for the fact that its too weak to hold up competitively. Also, just because a Pokemon perhaps looks small or feeble doesn't mean it should automatically get an evo. What exactly is the basis of that line of thought? Not every Pokemon has to conform to the standard of evolving and becoming larger/stronger.

I think a lot of the common suggestions, such as Luvdisc, Basculin etc, should just be left alone. I still think its a shame that so many Gen 1 Pokemon got evolutions. From a design perspective, I think Pokemon like Tangela, Lickitung and Chansey were fine as they were.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th August 2012, 12:20 AM
Basculin doesn't look 'complete' to me, just like how Qwilfish doesn't either.

Feath
29th August 2012, 7:18 PM
Cryogonal could have a pre-evolution or something.

I used to think that Bouffalant was Tauros' Evolution

Jaguartail
30th August 2012, 7:57 AM
Basculin and luvdisc should evolve.

Jaguartail
30th August 2012, 7:58 AM

Ferrin
19th October 2012, 8:17 AM
i think emolga should evolve.and sableye,Mawile,pachirisu

Absol Wings
19th October 2012, 10:04 AM
I'd like to see an evolution of Audino, Basculin, and maybe Stunfisk.
Oh also, Braviary. Don't have anything against Braviary (besides taking all the hype away from Mandibuzz...), but his design is really too simple. I think it should be bigger, have the white mane go down all the way on its back, and have some longer white feathers on the wings. Now that would be totally awesome :D

But most of all, emolga. Such a cutie, one of the most cool and powerful double-typings of all time, but it's so weak. It could totally use an evo like this
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/005/7/6/emonga_evolution_by_pokefaktory-d2zjhzt.png

I used to think that Bouffalant was Tauros' Evolution

Why do so many people say this? Bouffalant is a buffalo, Tauros is a bull. Two completely different animals.

-Nator-
19th October 2012, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't mind an evolution of Maractus, but that's seriously it, I can't think of anything else that would look good with an evolution.

SS_Append
19th October 2012, 1:41 PM
It'd be nice to see Audino and Durant get Evolutions. Maybe Scrafty too.

Navarch
19th October 2012, 1:49 PM
Emolga deserved an evolution IMO. It has pretty good typing, but it's stats aren't the best.

Nyarlathotep
19th October 2012, 1:54 PM
The monkey trio needs evolutions ASAP, mainly to fix their ugliness :P

Besides them, only Heatmor and maybe Beheeyem comes to my mind.

silveraquila
26th October 2012, 4:03 AM
Druddigon needs something to evolve into, something that could shake Unova with it's awesomeness.

mudkipz_and_axewz
4th November 2012, 1:57 AM
druddigon feels weird without evolving from something
alomomola should have evolved from luvdisc
there could be one for the elemental monkeys like a normal type and if you evolve them in certian areas they evolve into either grass, fire or water types
maractus should have both a pre and after evolution
sigilyph same as maractus

Blood Red Absol
4th November 2012, 5:52 AM
I think that Cottonee and Petilil should share a Pre-vo that you can only get through breeding (just to make things interesting) :3

Nyarlathotep
4th November 2012, 5:55 AM
alomomola should have evolved from luvdisc
Not really.

I think that Cottonee and Petilil should share a Pre-vo that you can only get through breeding (just to make things interesting) :3
Cottonee and Petilil already looks like baby/basic forms. A pre-evo for them would be really weird.

Blood Red Absol
4th November 2012, 6:26 AM
Cottonee and Petilil already looks like baby/basic forms. A pre-evo for them would be really weird.

I was thinking like Igglybuff, Cleffa and Pichu in a way (hope I spelled it all right)
something that kind of ties them together (especially with the gender ratios)

Arlo
6th December 2012, 4:42 AM
I'd kind of like to see Swoobat get another evolution, since it's pretty much entirely useless now. Presuming you can get it to evolve from Woobat quickly enough (which is unlikely), it's still only worth keeping in a party until you get to Route 4. Then if you really want a Flying/Psychic, Sigilyph is better in pretty much every possible way. Woobat is this gen's Zubat, so Swoobat is its Golbat. It might be worth keeping one if it eventually evolved into something of Crobat quality. At least something that could compete with Sigilyph for a spot on a team...

Aakash98
9th December 2012, 9:44 PM
Swoobat and Basculin have very mediocre stats compared to Pokemon in the same gen that share the same type (Sigilyph and Samurott)

So an evolution is essentially needed.

Mr. Spock
17th December 2012, 6:56 PM
am i the only one who thinks that unown should evolve into sigalyph?
either way sigaliph needs to evolve.

Bolt the Cat
17th December 2012, 10:14 PM
In retrospect, I don't think many 5th gen Pokemon need them. The only Pokemon that really, desperately needs one is Emolga, the rest are pretty much fine. Also maybe a Druddigon baby form.

Pogaymon
18th December 2012, 2:58 AM
I would say that Alomolola would be the evolution of Luvdisc.

Basculin could be the pre evolution of Carvanha.

Bolt the Cat
18th December 2012, 3:19 AM
Thing with the whole "Alomomola and Emolga should've been Luvdisc/Pachirisu evolutions" is that the supposed "evolved" Pokemon have very different stats. Take Luvdisc and Alomomola for example. Alomomola has the same Special Attack as Pachirisu, and actually worse Special Defense and Speed. In general, a Pokemon's stats are supposed to improve as it evolves. So basically it's too late to connect the two, if they wanted Alomomola to be a Luvdisc evo they should've thought of that with its stats in mind.

BIG MIKE
18th December 2012, 3:42 AM
Emolga big time.
Maybe Genesect.

Bolt the Cat
18th December 2012, 3:50 AM
Maybe Genesect.

Legendary Pokemon don't get evolutions, and they don't need them anyway.

emilyshortcake
18th December 2012, 7:06 PM
emolga having an evolution would be so badass.