PDA

View Full Version : The Student Lounge Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

#chelloressurection
7th September 2011, 9:42 PM
Do you need to vent about a bad day in school. Need to tell about a good day? Well step right up, and hang out here on SPPF with your friends and here about school all over the world.

JD
7th September 2011, 10:18 PM
My second day of school was decent tomorrow I have my first full day so we'll see how that turns out... the only problem is I have a really cute girl in my English class I hope I don't get distracted.

littlea53
7th September 2011, 10:22 PM
Just wait until you get to college. I am overwhelmed with HW right now. Plus work, and my children.

RubberChicken
7th September 2011, 10:24 PM
As I've said in that back to school thread, I recently moved to America from New Zealand and sarted school two days ago. Found out today that I won't have to come in at 7:30 in the morning tomorrow, due to me have a "free" period in my schedule on Thursdays, so quarter to 9 instead. Was pretty stoked about this until I was informed that at 8:00 I have a doctors appointment to get all the vacanations schools in Connecticut require you to have, so no sleep in tomorrow :(

ShadowSplash
7th September 2011, 10:26 PM
I just got home from class, it wasn't bad. But in my Health class, oh dear God ... someone had the worst BO in the world, and it filled up the entire classroom. Not fun when college courses are a minimum of an hour and a half.

I was literally gagging. It was the type of BO that burns your nostrils and throat and you can't even try breathing through your shirt because the smell goes through. Ugh.

kyogreblue3
7th September 2011, 11:11 PM
Seventh Grade is okay, I guess, but 5th and 6th were way better xD.

My English teacher BORES ME TO DEATH. half his class is sleeping the whole time, and he doesn't notice. I never listen, anyway. That's when I play around with my iPad

My Science teacher freaks me out. The rest of my class is scared of her, too. Don't make me tell you guise how >.<

Jameson1
7th September 2011, 11:18 PM
An iPad!? How did he not notice haha? Wait till you get to 8th grade, it's the bomb. College was decent today I guess, it's been 2 weeks already.

*IZ*
7th September 2011, 11:29 PM
I started High School I think this is the 3rd week. I'm failing only one class and thats Health. I have 33% lol! But thats because everyrthings online and idk how to show him [the teacher] my homework lol

kyogreblue3
7th September 2011, 11:32 PM
An iPad!? How did he not notice haha? Wait till you get to 8th grade, it's the bomb. College was decent today I guess, it's been 2 weeks already.

it's amazing how much tech you can hide in a binder

Mr. Garrison never notices anything. I could start singing 'Like a G6' out loud and he wouldn't notice -.-

ChedWick
7th September 2011, 11:49 PM
I'm in my last year of Uni and still taking a biology 101 course since I transferred in and we're required to take 2 sciences and a lab. Needless to say my class is mostly made up of freshman and sophomores. I also have the pleasure of having the same bio period as a few bible-huggers who feel the need to argue against evolution not even 2 full weeks into the course. Too bad our teacher is really friendly so I don't get the pleasure of hearing him laying the smack down.

MetalSonic
7th September 2011, 11:52 PM
Got sent to I.S.S for not tucking in my shirt. Soon as I walked in they had a sub and everyone was just chilling/texting.

Cash day.

Randomness
7th September 2011, 11:53 PM
Today was my second day, we've already got a project due tomorrow.

My teachers are surprisingly nice.

Magnegross
8th September 2011, 12:00 AM
Third day of 10th today. Looks pretty laid-back to me. AP classes are nice, you don't have to do all those stupid projects and work with cardboard paper and glue. I have band 1st hour and we have to march for half an hour in the cold. Only thing I can complain about is that I have 4th hour lunch (which is freshman lunch) because my schedule is full. Since I'm in 10th, I can walk home or whatever for lunch, which is awesome since I live fairly close.

~Ace
8th September 2011, 12:01 AM
5th day back, alright, French was a piss about.

"wheres your book?"
"I forgot it Miss"
"what?!"
"I forgot it"
"WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTT?!!!!!!!!!!" Lolz.

funrush
8th September 2011, 12:11 AM
I'm going to post what I posted in the "Are you ready to go back to school" thread.

Day 1:
Just got back from school. It was the most boring day ever, what with all of this orientation crap. Twice as many rules then before too. And at the end of the day I already have homework. Sigh.
Day 2:
Came home from day 2, better than yesterday, at least. But now I have 3 homework assignments total, two from today and one from yesterday. Time to do my work. :(

I'll probably post what goes on tomorrow too.

kyogreblue3
8th September 2011, 12:16 AM
5th day back, alright, French was a piss about.

"wheres your book?"
"I forgot it Miss"
"what?!"
"I forgot it"
"WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTT?!!!!!!!!!!" Lolz.

I do that at least once a week.
the teachers get all pissed at you xD

Tomorrow's gonna suck for me. I have Music class. the teacher makes us take a ton of notes and learn about old compiosers like Hildegard von Bingen or whatever. it's as boring as English -.-

TM0verlord
8th September 2011, 12:18 AM
So far i'm in my 3rd week of my Junior year. IB Euro puts me to sleep while in U.S. history, I watched a movie, ate pizza, and found $20 inside a desk. Best. Day. Ever.

funrush
8th September 2011, 12:29 AM
Lucky, school was pretty much a snoozer for me today.

Paradoxe
8th September 2011, 12:39 AM
My year is meh so far.

My classes are insanely boring, but I don't get homework. I guess I just have to pull through the day then do whatever I want when I get home. It's probably better that way.

PKMN Trainer Rex
8th September 2011, 12:55 AM
My year is ok, so far. I'm retaking some courses to get better grade for the RN program. I have friends from previous semesters in them. The only thing bad is that I can man up and ask this cute girl I sit next to in speech for her number.

725roy
8th September 2011, 1:02 AM
My Earth Sciences teacher is a slap in the face of reality. Like he today he was literally get irked at us for not knowing how to study. He didn't take any excuses either.

Reality Slap in the face.

Mr. Joker
8th September 2011, 1:25 AM
My first day of school was a lot of fun, seeing old friends, getting info. about my classes, etc. etc. We really didn't do anything, except for Pre-Calc. we took notes on Section 1-1 of our book, which is just Functions. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Today was a lot more fun. I had Study Hall first hour, so I took that to get ahead on my math homework that we were assigned that day. Choir was great, we did Range Checks, I'm the only bass in my class. We also got our music for Homecoming Coronation. We're singing Smile by Uncle Kracker and The Way You Make Me Feel by Micheal Jackson, which is A TON of fun. I get the male solo, because the two other guys can't sing that low, which is awesome. In Creative Writing we watched the Monty Python sketch Dead Parrot and dissected why that was a great Duologue Scene to pieces. In Mystery and Detective Lit. we started reading The Murders in The Rue Morgue by Edgar Allen Poe, which I've read before. We were assigned study questions and I've answered the first two. They take up the majority of three pages in my notebook already :x. In Pre-Calc. we had a sub and an assignment that I finished in class. College World History is awesome! We are covering all history up to the Medieval Ages. We were discussing the creation of the universe and a theory that there may be a higher power or supreme intelligence. And I had another Study Hall, but tomorrow I start my Career-Link at the local Elementary School.

I'm have at least one friend that sits close to me in every class, so it's nice. We also have a new Foreign-Exchange Student from Germany this year. She's really cool, although really quiet. I'm thinking about inviting her to my party that I'm having next week.

Homework tonight is light, I only have the Study Questions from Mystery and Detective Lit. and I am going to write a bit in my Creative Writing notebook, I had a really funny conversation with myself in my head that would be great as a screenplay. I also have to call the Community College to take my Minnesota Accuplacer test, so I can stay in College World History. It's just the reading section, and that's only like 20 questions and I hear it takes only like a half hour to finish.

YaDunGoofed
8th September 2011, 1:35 AM
Completed my Networking exam today, got a 78. Not bad for the 1st exam ever in the history of my life...and I've already had 5 assignments which requires microsoft powerpoint...WHICH I DON'T HAVE...can anyone spare $150?

ChedWick
8th September 2011, 1:46 AM
Completed my Networking exam today, got a 78. Not bad for the 1st exam ever in the history of my life...and I've already had 5 assignments which requires microsoft powerpoint...WHICH I DON'T HAVE...can anyone spare $150?

I can't spare $150 but I can offer some direction. I'm assuming you're a college student? Check with your bookstore and see what they offer. Mine and many other universities and even smaller colleges offer the whole student office suite for 25 bucks (to students). You can also download the trial if you need a little time and there are some other methods. Many universities also offer remote software licenses. For instance I can login to my universities remote system and use the entire Adobe CD3 suite over the internet(CS5 would be nice but eh). So maybe check and see if you have something like that.

YaDunGoofed
8th September 2011, 1:50 AM
I can't spare $150 but I can offer some direction. I'm assuming you're a college student? Check with your bookstore and see what they offer. Mine and many other universities and even smaller colleges offer the whole student office suite for 25 bucks. You can also download the trial if you need a little time and there are some other methods.

I'm taking dual enrollment...part college (vocational) and normal highschool. But, thanks for that great tip. :D

ChedWick
8th September 2011, 1:50 AM
I'm taking dual enrollment...part college (vocational) and normal highschool. But, thanks for that great tip. :D

Well so long as you are enrolled you should have access to such perks.

Manafi's Dream
8th September 2011, 1:53 AM
Well, today I took a quiz in Math II over my homework that I thought I did very well on, but it turned out I missed 2 out of 5 on it D: Thankfully, my teacher may not count it, because we are allowed to opt out of one homework assignment every 9 weeks. She's a kind lady :)

Drawing I was fantastic today! I worked with China markers, professional crayons, and watercolor to create un tres beau illustration! :D At least, in my opinion that is...

Chemistry = kill me!!! My teacher literally tried to kill us with boredom (not really). She took forever to explain everything, and since our classes aren't divided into advanced and regular, I'm forced to go the sluggish pace with all the other average intelligence :P

Comp 2 was quite interesting, as it was my first time working with white charcoal. We're working on pieces for a gallery in October called, "Spiders, Snakes, and Snails (oh my!)."

I can't wait for tomorrow! French II and Painting I = best day ever!! :D

Lil Crickee
8th September 2011, 2:36 AM
today was my first full day back. it wasn't too hard, i just need to get back into this whole cycle. waking up at 7 is something i definitely hate though. i have a busy schedule this year but i get to go home early on account of spares last period. kinda nice. :)

Manafi's Dream
8th September 2011, 2:45 AM
today was my first full day back. it wasn't too hard, i just need to get back into this whole cycle. waking up at 7 is something i definitely hate though. i have a busy schedule this year but i get to go home early on account of spares last period. kinda nice. :)

Try 5:45, then you're in my world :p

metagrody6
8th September 2011, 2:56 AM
Just in, we have a two hour delay. Because of flooding.
Anyway yesterday was my first day of school, and also my first day of high school. High school seems alright... so far. I don't like being in honors classes because I'm really not that smart. But being in normal classes are so boring. Yesterday in Biology we jumped right into the Biology stuff, but today in Spanish we still did 'get to know each other' activities.

disposable_heroes
8th September 2011, 3:06 AM
Well, I didn't get the sheet with what assignments we were supposed to do over the summer for AP Calculus, for one reason or another, so I had to do it all in one night.

Luckily, it wasn't that hard for me, and somehow I didn't feel tired at all the next day.

But it still kinda upsets me that my school focuses more on mediocre sports teams (they can't even make it to state level) than on providing a better curriculum (only 4 AP classes? Seriously?). At least they're actually making steps to prepare students for the ACT (new timed tests at an avg. of one minute per question).

There was also supposed to be a new hallway added in, but the contractors don't have a construction permit. At the earliest, that new hallway won't be added in until mid-October. So I have to share lockers until then. >_<

RubberChicken
8th September 2011, 3:27 AM
Can tell this is gonna be a great thread to "unload" into

Ces
8th September 2011, 3:44 AM
A crane fell down near my school today. I think one person was hurt. Our opening ceremonies are postponed for a while due to that and other things, which I'm happy about. I wrote quite a depressing poem in one of my English classes today. lol

Hilijix
8th September 2011, 7:16 AM
Today was my sixth day of school. I take Drama, Advisory (which is random and we mostly is filler), Geometry, Lunch, Biology, and Yearbook. I seem to be getting the hang of high school by this point.

Homework seems surprisingly forgiving today. Had none for drama, only a margin for Geometry, but three pages for Biology. Couldn't even get a turn to take a picture in yearbook...

Something I noticed that was someone in yearbook got Dress Coded' (went against it), but after the day, when I did my youth group at church, I don't think Dress Code really exists. I think it's because I go to a Charter School, while everyone else goes to other random High Schools and don't really have dress codes.

Wild Dragonite
8th September 2011, 7:18 AM

I wake up at around 7:30, because my earliest classes start at 9:00, which are a computer science class and a social dance class. We're learning the Foxtrot. Taking social dance? Best. Idea. Ever.

Charoshi
8th September 2011, 7:28 AM
First day today. Fairly light day, but it'll pick up. Outside of Band, I only have major academics this semester.
Good news is, I got to see my girlfriend today! :D
And all my other friends I saw either often or limited amounts throughout the summer. :)

1rkhachatryan
8th September 2011, 7:54 AM
Ok I'm in college right now and I have to take two buses to get there, and I ****ing hate the bus with a passion!!!! The school part is ok but getting there is such a pain in the *** lol.

Darkseeker
8th September 2011, 8:05 AM
Well, I don't have to go to college until tomorrow...Being hit by a car has it's benefits XD

XLugiaReshX
8th September 2011, 8:53 AM
Did a ****ton of notes in chem and heard the bio teacher yell at his students for some unknown reason and girl troubles lol

John Madden
8th September 2011, 9:33 AM
My junior year at Ohio State still doesn't even start for another two weeks. :I

Sonic Boom
8th September 2011, 9:38 AM
American Foerign Policy, WWII - Present
East Asia to 1600
The History Sleuth
American Constitution, 1900 - Present
American Constitution, 1776 - 1791

My classes for this semester. I must have bought 20 books for all these classes. So much writing and reading required for these classes, combined with work hours makes this semester a rough one.

I do get Fridays off every week, so that helps a lot.

MechaDrago
8th September 2011, 10:33 AM
Yesterday was my last day at college for a week. It was pretty good, I'm usually quiet if it's a large group of people I don't know but everybody on my course is really nice and we went to the pub in our break and there was this feeling of everybody looking out for each other that you don't really get at high school.

Obviously I was really nervous because all my friends were at my old school/the town where I lived and the only people I know who go to my college have their classes two of the three days that I'm not there. But at least it looks my course is gonna be a breeze, and I get paid like £70 a fortnight just for attending so it's not bad. c:

Will-powered Spriter
8th September 2011, 5:16 PM
I think my timetable this year is better then last, my free periods are more evenly spaced, so I have only one day in two weeks with no frees.

But the school rules state that even if you have no 1st lesson you still have to be in school, you only get to sleep in if you have no 1st and 2nd lesson, which of course I never have.

And the fact that if I could drop chemistry (which I can't, because it's important and I'm doing well in it), my timetable would go from leaving early twice every two weeks to instead having three free afternoons, two free mornings and one whole free day every two weeks. Why must I be taunted this way?

(I go to a 6th form colledge, btw. I just refer to it as school.)

John Madden
8th September 2011, 5:34 PM
And... two hours until my job interview with one of the dining halls at OSU.

If I get this job I'm going to be working 20-30 hours in addition to 15 hours of classes - featuring all kinds of long papers, since they're all high-level coursework in the social sciences - and being in a long-distance relationship with someone who lives 400 miles away.

These next two terms are gonna be fun as hell.

Arceus94
8th September 2011, 6:22 PM
Today, I watched an insainly boring movie, sat in front of the guy I sent a letter, confessing my love to yesterday. He hasn't seen it yet, but it is very akward..
I ditched Gym for the same reason.

AquaRegisteel
8th September 2011, 6:39 PM
Interesting developments concerning a girl I know:

So, I do have a crush on her, she who I shall not name.

Anyways, I managed to get a place on a table with her (And I've been lucky, sitting near her in all of my lessons so far).

I'll briefly explain stuff.

She really likes my writing, so I gave her a notebook with a story in it. This book also had diary entries mentioning her.

So, she said she wanted to ask me something, but she couldn't word it right. I reminded her of what she wished to ask me after 5th period, and she said to inbox her on Facebook.

I wonder...

Spookz
8th September 2011, 6:40 PM
First day back on campus (for classes) was yesterday. Only two classes on Wednesday: Lighting Design 3 and Sound Design 2, my two favorite. They re-vamped the Sound Lab over Summer, so we have new Macs and other spiffy things.
Don't have to be back for classes until Monday, I have Photoshop for Designers in the afternoon.

My other two classes don't have fixed times, one being an online class and the other being my production work. I have to go to rehearsals a couple times this week for Designer Runs.. but I have some more paperwork and things to work on before we get into the theatre for dress rehearsals.

Coursework is pretty easy this year, only 20 credit hours. It's good to be a Senior.

Ivanka
8th September 2011, 7:07 PM
I'm so glad this thread exists lol.

I just entered Sixth Form and am doing the International Baccalaureate Diploma, and it seems okay so far, but the work load is a bit much. Considering the majority of people my age do A Levels, which is 3 or 4 subjects, but I have to do 6 as well as extra presentations and essay projects. -_-
So far the work in School has actually been okay, but the homework after is a bit annoying. Especially with a subject like Economics where everything has to be about the current economic state of a country. So much research involved >.< but I do like a challenge. ^^

Arceus94
8th September 2011, 7:10 PM
I'm so glad this thread exists lol.

I just entered Sixth Form and am doing the International Baccalaureate Diploma, and it seems okay so far, but the work load is a bit much. Considering the majority of people my age do A Levels, which is 3 or 4 subjects, but I have to do 6 as well as extra presentations and essay projects. -_-
So far the work in School has actually been okay, but the homework after is a bit annoying. Especially with a subject like Economics where everything has to be about the current economic state of a country. So much research involved >.< but I do like a challenge. ^^

Hang in there, Butterfree-Guy!! n__n

Kikas123
8th September 2011, 7:17 PM
Being an RA can be annoying sometimes, mostly when everything seems to be going well. I got my all clear to go in, but as I was going back to my room to sleep (I had English at 0830) some drunk chick was being dragged back to her room. I didn't mind making sure she was safe, but the fatigue I'm going through right now sucks the big one though. Better get used to it.

funrush
8th September 2011, 9:19 PM
Just got back from Day 3, it was a little better. In math, we finally got to doing some math, we did some review equations I could probably do in my head. The total of homework assignments this year has now risen to seven. And I will repeat, this is only my third day. It seems now that English is pretty much all about homework as I have gotten a homework assignment in that class every day so far. Today I got two from that class. History is pretty good, the teacher is pretty respectable, he hasn't actually taught yet though.

Ivanka
8th September 2011, 9:51 PM
History is pretty good, the teacher is pretty respectable, he hasn't actually taught yet though.

Yeah that's why I normally like the first week back, you don't get taught much. ^^

disposable_heroes
8th September 2011, 10:03 PM
Day 3 turned out to be pretty awesome, but not that exciting.

My yearbook team continued brainstorming "spin-offs" for the yearbook themes. What we had to do was come up with ways that the two themes we picked relate to several groups (senior/junior/sophomore/freshman, sports teams, clubs, NHS, etc.) Our two themes are "Look at Me Now" and "Carpe Diem", and once we're done with the brainstorming, we have to vote on which theme to use. And yes, the yearbook-making process is year-round. There are several events to include over the course of the school year. Not to mention several pages to design.

Nothing else out of the ordinary, other than an abortion debate I participated in after school, and that we watched a short clip from The Exorcism of Emily Rose in Psych class.

Mewtwo152
8th September 2011, 10:45 PM
Tuesday in World: "Okay, so I pushed everything back a day... don't forget about the Rome/Han/Gupta chart, due on Friday now... And that doesn't mean that I want you to put it off tonight, get it?"
Me: "Okay, so, I'll do that when I get home... Best to get it out of the way."
Today: "Remember, Rome/Han/Gupta is due tomorrow!"
Me: "God damn it sucks. Why did I wait till today to do it? Crap!- Marching band practice tonight... I'll never get it done. Oh well, might as well do two of the 3 empires..."

Also, Tuesday was crappy. The band director had to have me and the other section leader run our ideas for a section shirt by him. (Something about the band's integrity being gone if it's inappropriate, the shirt.) Anyhow, our only idea that wasn't sexual (it's the saxophone section, and we always do puns. What other words can you honestly replace with sax?)and was kind of cool was that we'd edit the cover of Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols to say Sax Pistols, and plaster it to a shirt. He told us it was too sexual.
Now we don't have a shirt.

RubberChicken
8th September 2011, 10:53 PM
Interesting developments concerning a girl I know:

So, I do have a crush on her, she who I shall not name.

Anyways, I managed to get a place on a table with her (And I've been lucky, sitting near her in all of my lessons so far).

I'll briefly explain stuff.

She really likes my writing, so I gave her a notebook with a story in it. This book also had diary entries mentioning her.

So, she said she wanted to ask me something, but she couldn't word it right. I reminded her of what she wished to ask me after 5th period, and she said to inbox her on Facebook.

I wonder...

Good luck with this :p

I-am-the-peel
8th September 2011, 11:08 PM
Ugh, I doing my final year of secondary school, I have GCSE's in a few months time, my new history teacher is trying to start teaching us the Battle of Dunkirk...By giving us Maps to colour in. ??? Then showing us a clip of a war film...In Italian. ??? We are then given a book to write in despite us all saying that we all had one each last year and started it...It took him about twenty minutes to discover that we were right. Please help me and the rest of the class though they don't care and spent the whole two hours judging biscuits.

TM0verlord
8th September 2011, 11:19 PM
My school was on Fire today in the morning. I got to leave very early today :D

I love these types of situations. I was not ready to do a 5 minute oral presentation in Spanish.

Randomness
8th September 2011, 11:23 PM
Gym teacher made us run laps, not too bad overall.

I-am-the-peel
8th September 2011, 11:34 PM
My school was on Fire today in the morning. I got to leave very early today :D

I love these types of situations. I was not ready to do a 5 minute oral presentation in Spanish.

Thats pretty good, whenever a firealarm is ringing in my school, someone is expelled due to previous amounts of firealarms :D. If your 5 minute speaking test presentation in spanish is in at least one weeks time, it gives you a lot of time for revision which is all good :) My first day, I walked into the front gates of school watching the first years punch each other, the second years passing a cigarette around each other, my year passing a can of largar around and the teachers sitting in the dinner centre smoking and drinking coffee while slatting the students. Don't you just love school? There are reasons why you can never forget your days of school :D

*IZ*
8th September 2011, 11:58 PM
So my school got a phone call by some dude saying there was a bomb or something like that. We went under code orange. There was never a bomb. And I found out everyone (litteraly) is failing health 'cuz the teacher screwed up.

littlea53
8th September 2011, 11:59 PM
Helping my son with an AP class... Anybody know what remote sensing is?

~Ace
9th September 2011, 12:21 AM
Right so... 6th day back, all was well, then i realised i forgot my "gym" kit so i watched the class play bench-ball, hyped for next thursday to play.

Ces
9th September 2011, 12:28 AM
School is going well for me. Having anxiety issues now and then, since it's a new school, but I'm not as depressed as a was last year, so waking up is much easier. I've made a few new friends already, and most people have been very kind. I think this school year will go well.

XLugiaReshX
9th September 2011, 12:41 AM
Took the LONGEST math test ever imo after I was done I crashed on my desk asleep lol.

RubberChicken
9th September 2011, 12:48 AM
Sleep is such a gun thing, to be honest. You don't appreciate it during the summer.

funrush
9th September 2011, 12:50 AM
I did, I loved to sleep in during the summer. I'd get mad at my parents/brother if they woke me up actually.

#chelloressurection
9th September 2011, 2:06 AM
I had SO MUCH HOMEWORK TODAY! 2 workbook pages and 2 essays!

Qymaen
9th September 2011, 2:09 AM
I have to go to school on my sixteenth birthday. What's bad about it? I have a test in AP US History, doing PT for JROTC which is insanely grueling, especially the mile run after the hour of grueling exercises.

Magnegross
9th September 2011, 2:12 AM
I had SO MUCH HOMEWORK TODAY! 2 workbook pages and 2 essays!

lol, you're shittin' me.

#chelloressurection
9th September 2011, 2:16 AM
lol, you're shittin' me.

I wish dude, l absoleutly hate my teachers, waking upf or school at 6 in the morning for this ****, darnit

Magnegross
9th September 2011, 2:18 AM
I wish dude, l absoleutly hate my teachers, waking upf or school at 6 in the morning for this ****, darnit

Well, today I have 69 Algebra 2 questions from the textbook. I have to read 43 pages of a history textbook for APUSH and then answer 2 questions each a page long. 2 page essay in chemistry along with a Photoshop assignment for Digital Media.

voog2
9th September 2011, 5:24 AM
Well schools been good so far. Well, ok. Some parts are good. Some are bad. That's Grade 8 for ya I guess... I think?

My teachers are good, for the most part. My LA teacher looks like she's 17, lol xD She gets pretty mad easily though. But it's not too mad. My Math and Science teacher (same person) is pretty good. He doesn't really get mad, and when he does it's not like a crazy spaz attack. He gives quite a bit of homework though. Plus I dislike the seating arrangement we have in his class. Not near any friends -_- Other than that, it's ok.
My gym teacher is nice. There's nothing mean about him. He's not like 'DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY!!'. He's a nice guy. I like him.
My Religion teacher is nice also. She really doesn't give much homework, and we haven't done any actual work in class so far :D
My Band teacher is a nice guy. He's got a rather odd, but funny sense of humor. He tells funny stories too. My family knew him a bit outside of school too.
My Info Pro Teacher... -_- I don't like this guy. (BTW, Info Pro is like computer class if you don't know) He's rather strict. I got in trouble for changing the background on my school email account to purple, lol xD He does give a decent amount of free time, though. That's like the only good thing. Maybe I dislike him so much because I just dislike him telling me the 'proper' way to type on a computer.
And well that's it for teachers. My school is pretty cool, for a school.

ChedWick
9th September 2011, 5:44 AM
Helping my son with an AP class... Anybody know what remote sensing is?

From a geographical stand-point I know a little. It's the surveying via satellites which can survey in one of two ways, active scanning or passive. Passive is taking in info such radiations which are emitted where as active you're sending out signals to that bounce back like radar.

Psychic
9th September 2011, 7:37 AM
Well, today was day 3 back this term and I only had one class. I don't have any classes tomorrow, either, so my weekend starts on Thursdays. :) On the downside, said Thursday class doesn't remotely interest me and I really need to switch out asap. Looking good otherwise.

~Psychic

John Madden
9th September 2011, 7:40 AM
2 page essay

You're going to love university.

e: Last term I had seven exams, seven full Java programs each spanning 100+ lines and requiring at least three days each of work, and a 15-page research paper on the political economy that required a good week of research.

And this term's basically going to be the exams and the research paper, three times over.

~*junior year*~

Ivanka
9th September 2011, 2:47 PM
Stayed up until about 3am doing homework and then got a text reminding me that we didn't even have school today. I'm quite glad. =D

Zhanton
9th September 2011, 2:55 PM
Rough calculation, but today was something like the 140th day of school for me this year due to me being in Australia. It also means that I've only got another three months - less than, actually - left in Year 11 and then my final year of school awaits, which is quite scary. The Year 12's have been sitting their trial exams and it's really quite nerve-wracking seeing them cram and be all anxious and whatnot; it makes me quite fearful for next year. I'm in IB, and it's tough, but it's only going to get tougher.

Ivanka
9th September 2011, 3:16 PM
Rough calculation, but today was something like the 140th day of school for me this year due to me being in Australia. It also means that I've only got another three months - less than, actually - left in Year 11 and then my final year of school awaits, which is quite scary. The Year 12's have been sitting their trial exams and it's really quite nerve-wracking seeing them cram and be all anxious and whatnot; it makes me quite fearful for next year. I'm in IB, and it's tough, but it's only going to get tougher.

O: I just started the IB. It seems okay now, but I can see how there's going to be a major workload soon. And all our final year students ended up hating the IB by the time they were done. >.<

Will-powered Spriter
9th September 2011, 5:31 PM
The maths departments has some new chairs. They're comfortable, they're sturdy, they're clean, they're just the right height and they're apparently good for your posture. The problem is the design.

They're bright blue and look like they're scaled up from nursery chairs. If you were to walk in and see a class sitting in them, you'd wonder if they're allowed to use scissors.

Also the head of sixth form spent all assembally rambling on about his bloody shed again. And he made an analogy for a sucessful school year that was somewhat derailed by the sun not being an overly desirable destination. What with the burning and everything.

pirate555
9th September 2011, 5:42 PM
Also the head of sixth form spent all assembally rambling on about his bloody shed again. And he made an analogy for a sucessful school year that was somewhat derailed by the sun not being an overly desirable destination. What with the burning and everything.

Hah, heads of sixth form are all unique and yet all the same in that once you've had a week's worth of assemblies with them, their speeches are utterly predictable. Mine used to spend each assembly complaining about Republican Americans. In a UK School.

My final year of university starts in October, and it can mean only one thing: final exams that define my degree grade and therefore the unfolding of my life path Dozens and dozens of 21st birthdays. 21 is seen as the "big birthday", and as such attendance if you get an invite is pretty much compulsory. The first of these involves traipsing 250 miles down the country and possibly spending the night with my heavily pregnant sister-in-law, who probably doesn't want a sofa-surfer while she's waiting for her life to turn upside-down with her first child due. Hey ho, at least it'll be a nice party and a chance to catch up with the uni crowd.

Ces
9th September 2011, 7:51 PM
Today I felt like an idiot in school, just what I needed.

Valkyrie Cain
9th September 2011, 8:00 PM
End of week 2.
Great week tbh

We(I) don't have to get up til 8 Am. Homework is super easy...so far. Teachers are the same.
First class of the week: Computers. Last class of the week: PE.
Great classes!
I love 6th class....for now. :p

Can't wait til Monday. xD

Randomness
9th September 2011, 9:13 PM
First week of school wasn't bad, can't wait to go back next week. Sorta.

Just hate getting up early. DX

Black Frost
9th September 2011, 9:45 PM
As usual, our tourism management teacher treated us like a bunch of idiots who don't know anything about tourism and geography in general today. Really makes us look forward to the exams in December!

TurtwigFan1
9th September 2011, 9:49 PM
First week of school over. I think I only have 36 more weeks left, so not bad /sarcasm.

I'm already really tired and I have a little bit of homework already. But it's going to get a lot worse considering it's my final year of high school. But my timetable's not too bad so hopefully next week'll be better.

The Eleventh
9th September 2011, 10:04 PM
School's being a massive pain at the moment. I had to do nothing but my homework from five o'clock until half-past-ten last night. On top of that, I need to study for upcoming exams. This is only my third-last year of secondary school, so I'm dreading what the next two years will be like. ):

Cinna
9th September 2011, 10:11 PM
I have decent classes and teachers, but since im taking another language (japanese) and since chinese is full, i have to take life skills instead -_- my mom is so pissed because
a) im chinese and never really learned to speak it
b) life skills is, according to my older freinds, a big waste of time.

life skills is just about stupid stuff like saving money, a skill ive been trained in since 1st grade

funrush
9th September 2011, 10:17 PM
Well, Day 4, the last day of the week, is finally here. I have gym in sixth period, so I'm pretty much exhausted right now. I have more math homework, numbers 14-52 all. But, they're all pretty simple problems, so no complaints. Science was cool. In Health class, we finally got to use the school's new Window 7 computers. They're awesome because they used to have these old XPs from '02 that 15% of the time didn't even turn on, so I'm happy. In English, we finally had a class where we didn't have any homework assigned. Overall, the day was decent enough.

Cinna
9th September 2011, 10:21 PM
^ yeah, a lot of schools seem to be getting new computers now.

I just remembered: my english teacher wrote a poem with us all as agroup, so my freind picked the topic ckinny jeans. It was so funny, everyone's still talking about it ^_^

Magnegross
9th September 2011, 10:30 PM
My chem teacher is awesome. He's one of those teachers that rambles on about philosophy rather than the subject they're teaching for half the period. Pretty cool guy.

funrush
9th September 2011, 10:42 PM
Oh, I had a Science teacher like that once. It was the best class ever.

disposable_heroes
9th September 2011, 11:08 PM
Well, Day 4 is done, and I volunteered to be the writer for the book and movie reviews for the school newspaper. Also, we're going to get into limits in AP Calc soon, and we'll also be starting HTML coding in Web Design.

I'm psyched for Week 2!

#chelloressurection
9th September 2011, 11:10 PM
Well, Day 4 is done, and I volunteered to be the writer for the book and movie reviews for the school newspaper. Also, we're going to get into limits in AP Calc soon, and we'll also be starting HTML coding in Web Design.

I'm psyched for Week 2!

Day 4 is done for me too. Rollin' into the weekend with not much homework, score!

If U Seek Amy
9th September 2011, 11:32 PM
It was supposed to have been Day 4 for me. But our county has already issued our first cancelled school day because of flooding from excessive downpours over the past week.

#chelloressurection
9th September 2011, 11:38 PM
It was supposed to have been Day 4 for me. But our county has already issued our first cancelled school day because of flooding from excessive downpours over the past week.

hahaha, lucky, 3 day weekend. Sad thing is, tonight l have to go to services, when l would MUCH rather be on serebii :p other than that, my weekend is set,

Saturday: SLEEP & serebii
Sunday: Sleep &Serebii

I-am-the-peel
9th September 2011, 11:48 PM
Today was pretty good actually, chemistry I felt really great because I got a B in it and I had to teach the people beside me about Ionic Bonding. Then in English which was awful with the teacher at the time, he had us watch the schools version of the play 'An Inspector Calls', which was twenty minutes of girls giggling and the other english teacher making an idiot of himself but being hilarious at the same time, going as far as to create an old british accent. Spanish was boring but it is much better than p.e which I heard was cross country-Win!. Spanish we got more homework than actual work done and the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. In maths, the teacher kinda told someone off but laughed at them at the same time; he was doing a practise paper and was saying one of the questions to himself and working it out and she asked the boy next to him who he is talking to and said that she knows he is only talking to himself about the maths but that is even weirder and told him to get on with it. Then he put his head towards the work, angrilly ignoring everyone and doing it and the teacher told him to not look at her and everyone else as if he wants to kill them all. The sad thing is, he probably could and she would be his first victim. I.C.T, the teacher has had four months to mark our work, we are the last year and he always spends most work on them and he doesn't even know who we are or what we are doing. He started new things with us despite telling us that we will start where we left off last year. Someone asked if everything we did last year was pretty much pointless and the teacher said probably, which angered me and basically, if I was told what asignments to do and given the instructions like the exact same tests in the past three years, I would do it myself. Overall though it was a good day as I think I am actually becoming popular in my class and people kept on following me, wanting to talk about stuff. Win! And I have never seen or spoken to the idiots from the bottom sets who have been doing 'B Skills' for the past three years. This is where those who cannot do a second language do this to learn how to draw shapes for help with maths, read basic books for english and draw organs in the body for science. And they think they are better than everyone even though they have done so much alcohol and drugs by even now before 18, they will probably die before the age of 35. Even though I have many tests and work ahead of me in the next two weeks, school life is really good and I really don't learn much, just have a laugh which is all good :D

Magnegross
10th September 2011, 12:10 AM
I hate band. Or more accurately, I hate my band teacher. She's some psycho who started "teaching" in my high school a few years ago. I don't even think she can talk, it's just yelling. I don't mind having to Pep Band, but all band members must do marching band. It's absolutely retarded. So, tomorrow, which is Saturday we have to go to school at 2 o'clock and "march" in our football field full of goose crap for 3 hours.

Armando Payne
10th September 2011, 12:57 AM
I start college next week, but tbh with you I wouldn't really mind considerin' I'm doin' Forensics which are awesome.

Psycho Shift
10th September 2011, 2:06 AM
College Writing class stresses me out big time and I don't wanna apply! But my teacher is so competent so I guess I'll be fine, just stressed. AP lit is gonna killl me with all these essays and oral presentation but otherwise school is great! And crew practice makes me wanna sleep for forever I'm so tired and in pain.

TM0verlord
10th September 2011, 2:08 AM
I wrote 2 essays for English and Theatre arts today. I also snoozed off in U.S. history, and finally, I took a test in Euro, which I failed with a 28. Nice day so far.

Moneyy
10th September 2011, 2:47 AM
I just went back to school a few days ago. Since the entire summer I did nothing, the amount of homework I have to do is overwhelming.

RubberChicken
10th September 2011, 3:52 AM
Well, Day 4, the last day of the week, is finally here. I have gym in sixth period, so I'm pretty much exhausted right now. I have more math homework, numbers 14-52 all. But, they're all pretty simple problems, so no complaints. Science was cool. In Health class, we finally got to use the school's new Window 7 computers. They're awesome because they used to have these old XPs from '02 that 15% of the time didn't even turn on, so I'm happy. In English, we finally had a class where we didn't have any homework assigned. Overall, the day was decent enough.

WHAT, YOU HAD A GOOD DAY WITH OUT CONSULTING ME FIRST!?
I'm used to hearing about your misfortunes at school :p

Completed my first week as a Kiwi in an American high school. Finally thought I had made some friends today when a couple of people asked if I wanted to come down with them to "Peter's" (The only hang-out place my small town has to offer. I immidiately jumped at the offer of the possibility of finally being able to talk to people at school. Got down there and within 2 minutes everyone was passing around joints. Just my luck *facepalm*

Will have to hope another oppurtunity to befriend other people arises.

Yuppirox
10th September 2011, 8:08 AM
Well, I've been unloaded upon with homework from every class so far. I have to do a project and worksheets for Spanish that are due on Monday. For English 3 AP, I have to read 2 more chapters of this book we're reading, The Scarlet Letter; read a selection in the textbook, and answer the accompanying questions and fill in the chart for said selection. I also have to study another book I read over the summer for a test on Monday in the same class. Other things to do include: worksheet for Bio, icon design for Graphic Design, textbook work for Geometry, and a typed notebook title page for USH.

I'm so glad for having Block Schedule at my school. Periods 1, 3, & 5 on Purple days and Periods 2, 4, & 6 on Gold (or is it the other way around?). Makes things so much easier for me.

omniouswind
10th September 2011, 2:11 PM
My sophomore year at university has been a busy one, for sure. I work about 13 hours a week (which may not seem like a lot, but on top of 17 credit hours, it can be). It seems always have Ochem homework to do, or a Bio lab report, or a reading for Film to do. I'm also apart of my university's program board and the medical student association. But I don't mind being so busy, honestly.
Having a tight schedule spurs me to get my work done on time. I think all the free time I had in the past was detrimental to me.

funrush
10th September 2011, 2:32 PM
WHAT, YOU HAD A GOOD DAY WITH OUT CONSULTING ME FIRST!?
I'm used to hearing about your misfortunes at school :p

Completed my first week as a Kiwi in an American high school. Finally thought I had made some friends today when a couple of people asked if I wanted to come down with them to "Peter's" (The only hang-out place my small town has to offer. I immidiately jumped at the offer of the possibility of finally being able to talk to people at school. Got down there and within 2 minutes everyone was passing around joints. Just my luck *facepalm*

Will have to hope another oppurtunity to befriend other people arises.

(Laughs) Yeah, I guess that the whole "It's Friday" thing kinda wore off on me. About the joints thing, that'll happen a lot, it's probably something you might have to get used to in High School,

Turtlestarf
10th September 2011, 6:39 PM
7th grade is good so far, but I'm waiting for the homework to pile in.

And I had a Dance last night, and the last song was a slow dance, blah!

Also, my friend is dating the girl I like...

kyogreblue3
10th September 2011, 6:41 PM
Yesterday I had to stay after school for some play practice. Yes, I'm part of my school's play, Mulan. I'm a backstage ninja; the name's cool but all you do is set the stage for the next scene -.-

So I was sitting backstage, on the floor, with my laptop in my lap, with the other backstage ninjas (yeah I even check serebii during play rehearsal xD). And then Conner, one of the backstage ninjas, starts skipping around singing "Chicken on a bun-bun, chicken on a bun-bun!" over and over again -.-

funrush
10th September 2011, 6:41 PM
7th grade is good so far, but I'm waiting for the homework to pile in.

And I had a Dance last night, and the last song was a slow dance, blah!

Also, my friend is dating the girl I like...

Yeah, that always sucks. We don't have our first dance until Halloween, I think.

Turtlestarf
10th September 2011, 6:42 PM
@kyogreblue3

I remember you telling me that. haha! I want to join my play, but auditions aren't for 3 weeks. Great, now ANOTHER thing that will take up my serebii/dA life. CURSES!

@funrush

Halloween? Wow, far away. Our dances happen pretty often.

kyogreblue3
10th September 2011, 6:43 PM
Yeah, that always sucks. We don't have our first dance until Halloween, I think.

my school's already had a dance. I think it was Neon Night or some other stupid name. My friend made me go with her (my friend's dating my archnemesis AGAIN -.-) so I was sitting on the gym's bleachers the whole time checking serebii xD

I almost hurled when my friend was slow-dancing with my ARCHNEMESIS

Turtlestarf
10th September 2011, 6:47 PM
my school's already had a dance, too. I think it was Neon Night or some other stupid name. My friend made me go with her (my friend's dating my archnemesis AGAIN -.-) so I was sitting on the gym's bleachers the whole time checking serebii xD

I almost hurled when my friend was slow-dancing with my ARCHNEMESIS

That stinks! I was sitting on the stage with my buddehs and I almost ran up and kicked my friend when he was slow-dancing with the girl I like.

kyogreblue3
10th September 2011, 6:50 PM
^ I didn't hurl, but I yelled "WTF?!?" at them

awwwww, that stinks, bro. just tell your friend~

funrush
10th September 2011, 6:52 PM
Yeah, this year we have 3 dances (not counting homecoming), the Halloween dance (around Halloween), the Valentines Dance (Valentine's day), and the Spring dance (In the middle of April).

Turtlestarf
10th September 2011, 6:57 PM
^ I didn't hurl, but I yelled "WTF?!?" at them

awwwww, that stinks, bro. just tell your friend~

He doesn't even know I like her, he's a big blabber mouth.

Turtlestarf
10th September 2011, 6:57 PM
Yeah, this year we have 3 dances (not counting homecoming), the Halloween dance (around Halloween), the Valentines Dance (Valentine's day), and the Spring dance (In the middle of April).

We have like SOOOOO many dances.

ShadowSnivy
10th September 2011, 7:16 PM
We've had a dance 2 days ago, IT WAS FOR BEING BACK AT SCHOOL AND I MEAN WHO LIKES THAT!? I wasn't very happy because I was forced to go by my best friend.

ChedWick
10th September 2011, 8:06 PM
I have nearly 200 pages to read/review this weekend for various classes. Three total programs to make, 2 animation projects to work on, 3 chapter review questions to do and go over as well as make some flashcards for 3 of my classes.

most of this just kinda all got pilled on Thursday and Friday too.

/hatemylifethisweekend.

So far I've gotten a few dozen pages read, one programming assignment completed and a few good ideas for animations. All thanks two 3 cups of coffee since I woke up :D the hardest so far was the programming because I'm so freaking rusty because I failed at my plan of making a program a week over the summer so as to not get rusty.

Ivanka
10th September 2011, 8:38 PM
Damnit Turtlestarf, you stole my soul. >.<

English is already getting annoying with the books we have to read. It's not like I have any other work to do or anything! D:<

kyogreblue3
10th September 2011, 8:41 PM
^ I have to read a 500 page book by October 13th

funrush
10th September 2011, 9:09 PM
That's not that bad, I read the fourth Harry Potter in a week. What book do you have to read?

ShadowKyogre443
10th September 2011, 9:28 PM
That's not that bad, I read the fourth Harry Potter in a week. What book do you have to read?

That's not that bad, I read all the Harry Potter series in a week. It wasn't for school though.

The Eleventh
10th September 2011, 11:15 PM
That's not that bad, I read all the Harry Potter series in a week. It wasn't for school though.
Seriously? O_O You must have spent every day of that week just reading them.

In case you can't tell, I find it hard to believe.

Magnegross
11th September 2011, 12:29 AM

It isn't very hard since some people can read at 800-900 words per minute while understanding what they're reading. I can read at 1100 and comprehend the plot perfectly well.

Spookz
11th September 2011, 12:40 AM
I once timed myself reading through the whole HP series. It came out to something like 42 or 48 hours.

Anyway, I keep forgetting what day it is. Only having classes on Monday and Wednesday is throwing me off.

ChedWick
11th September 2011, 12:51 AM

It's not that hard to believe. I read the deathly hallows in 2 days while doing other stuff. I currently rereading the series and reading a chapter or two a night before bed; which doesn't take all that long.

funrush
11th September 2011, 12:57 AM
Yeah, well he's talking about reading all 7 books in a week. I'm pretty sure that comes up to what, about 4000 pages?

The Eleventh
11th September 2011, 1:01 AM
It's not that hard to believe. I read the deathly hallows in 2 days while doing other stuff. I currently rereading the series and reading a chapter or two a night before bed; which doesn't take all that long.
I did, too, but it's hardly the longest of the series. You'd have to really focus to complete the series within a week, and reap the full benefits of the story.

*IZ*
11th September 2011, 1:03 AM
I have to read 400 pages in a quarter. Pffft I can read that in 1 day! lol

Also in health, the teacher scared us all by saying we have to do 200 hours of community service by the end of this semester. 0_o
Thankfully he only did that to show how stress feels so it was all a hoax.

funrush
11th September 2011, 1:18 AM
That's hilarious. So far my health teacher hasn't pulled anything like that on us.

Magnegross
11th September 2011, 1:25 AM
I did, too, but it's hardly the longest of the series. You'd have to really focus to complete the series within a week, and reap the full benefits of the story.

You don't read, do you.

ChedWick
11th September 2011, 2:11 AM
Yeah, well he's talking about reading all 7 books in a week. I'm pretty sure that comes up to what, about 4000 pages?

4100 in the US print to be exact but regardless it's still far from impossible.

The Deathly Hallows may not be the longest but it certainly wasn't the shortest, in fact it was the second longest behind the Order of the Phoenix. You must also remember 1, 2, and 3 were much shorter in comparison to the other 4. Those together probably equal just a little over the amount of pages in The Order of the Phoenix. So its kind of like reading 5 equal sized books.

Shall we do some hypotheticals? Say you did want to finish the book in a week (assuming a week is 7 days to everyone here). How much of that week would you have to devote to reading in order to do so? Well like I said, there are 4100 total pages in entire series in the US print. In 7 days we have 168 hours. Lets assume everyone gets a solid 8 hours of sleep that's 56 hours right off the bat that we don't have to dedicate to reading. Now lets say we spent 5 total hours a day eating, showering, dressing, taking potty/snack breaks. That's another 35 hours we don't have dedicated to reading. That leaves us with 77 hours or 11 hours a day to read. That's 53 pages per hour. That is an easy task. I don't consider myself a fast reader by any means, in fact I think I'm a little slow but yet I average about 50-60 pages per hour.

DrasticPhase
11th September 2011, 8:14 AM
my teacher randomly scaring us XD
really funny ^^

kyogreblue3
11th September 2011, 3:32 PM
^ Sounds my Science teacher.

Ivanka
11th September 2011, 5:49 PM
Does anyone else here have some potentially perverted teachers? I know in our maths class because there's a very few of us, us girls sit in one corner and the teacher is sometimes just looking at us very weirdly. )':

~Nidoking~
11th September 2011, 6:07 PM
I start college tomorrow, but had a taster last Tuesday. It's pretty good sar far, alot diffrent from school. No uniform, calling teachers by the first name, not the last. All I dislike is the odd timetable, theres no set style to it, with lessons on the SAME DAY overlapping eachother.

Soiherdyouliekme
11th September 2011, 7:34 PM
Does anyone else here have some potentially perverted teachers? I know in our maths class because there's a very few of us, us girls sit in one corner and the teacher is sometimes just looking at us very weirdly. )':

I don't know any personally, but my brother told me that his grade 10 science teacher found the phone of one of his female students that had been left at school, so he bought her a new one and added his number to it. O.O

Qymaen
11th September 2011, 8:01 PM
I just remembered a funny story from last week. Actually not funny, but tragic.

Hey, there. Okay. I'm a huge fan of history and, compared to most teenagers and many adults, am very proficient in geography. So here's my tale of idiocy and stupidity.

I go to a Magnet school and I take both AP Human Geography and AP US History. During my APHG class last week we were discussing different types of maps. And at one point my teacher mentioned Mt. Everest. He basically asked "Ya'll remember where Mt. Everest is, right?" No one, but I and few others said Nepal. Others said China and India. Considering that Nepal isn't that well known of a country it's an honest mistake, but the story gets even worse.

One girl said, "It's in Nepal? It's not in the United States. I didn't know that." Can you believe that? She thought a mountain on the other side of the world was in the US. The US! Although my teacher gently corrected her I'm pretty sure he wanted to slap her or something. My god! The US!

Thanks for listening. *facepalm*

Will-powered Spriter
11th September 2011, 11:00 PM
One girl said, "It's in Nepal? It's not in the United States. I didn't know that." Can you believe that? She thought a mountain on the other side of the world was in the US. The US! Although my teacher gently corrected her I'm pretty sure he wanted to slap her or something. My god! The US!

Thanks for listening. *facepalm*

It's not just Americans.

My french teacher from four years (Year 9, so 13-14 year olds) ago once derailed an entire lesson into geography so he could teach a particularly daft girl:

A) The difference between the UK, Great Britain, The British isles and England.
B) That yes, the UK is that island "shaped like a dinosaur"
C) No, China is not the capital of Japan
D) No, the language of Japan is not japanish.

I will remember that lesson for the rest of my life. Twas Comedy gold.

Soiherdyouliekme
12th September 2011, 12:23 AM
I tend to take the intelligence of my peers for granted, since I've been around gifted kids since 5th grade.

One of my friends moved to New Brunswick before high school. Shortly after he was moved into 10th grade because he was smarter than anybody there. He told me that during geography class, many students couldn't name all of the continents and some couldn't even name one. In math, some girl didn't know the formula for the area of a rectangle.

funrush
12th September 2011, 12:35 AM
What? How could you not be able to name the continents? The rectangle thing is pretty sad too.

Spookz
12th September 2011, 12:46 AM
I had a creepy teacher like that in 7th grade. We always joked that he graded the girls based on their cup size. But, to be honest, I wouldn't be that surprised if it was partially true.
Needless to say, we were all dismayed when he switched to teaching 8th grade our 8th grade year and then later moved up to the high school with us.

It's not just Americans.

My french teacher from four years (Year 9, so 13-14 year olds) ago once derailed an entire lesson into geography so he could teach a particularly daft girl:

A) The difference between the UK, Great Britain, The British isles and England.
B) That yes, the UK is that island "shaped like a dinosaur"
C) No, China is not the capital of Japan
D) No, the language of Japan is not japanish.

I will remember that lesson for the rest of my life. Twas Comedy gold.
I knew a few idiots like this. I wish I could remember some of the things these people thought, but I did too good of a job blocking high school from my memory.

Though I remember my brother complaining that one of his teaches insisted Lake Michigan had shores in Canada. Sometimes, it's no wonder students are so ill-informed when people like that are teaching.

What? How could you not be able to name the continents? The rectangle thing is pretty sad too.
Sadly, I'm not surprised people can't name the continents. One teacher I had made us memorize all 50 states of the country, you wouldn't believe how many complaints went around about this. And we were in 9th grade, really not all that unreasonable to expect 14 year olds to know the states.

funrush
12th September 2011, 12:50 AM
Sadly, I'm not surprised people can't name the continents. One teacher I had made us memorize all 50 states of the country, you wouldn't believe how many complaints went around about this. And we were in 9th grade, really not all that unreasonable to expect 14 year olds to know the states.

Wow, we had to do that in 3rd Grade in my district.

Spookz
12th September 2011, 12:53 AM
Exactly, it's something we should have been taught years earlier, but somehow avoided. I hate how students always think the work load is unbearable, not matter how old they are. They just want teachers to open up their head and dump the information in there, because working or thinking for themselves to far too unreasonable. :rolleyes:

Soiherdyouliekme
12th September 2011, 12:55 AM
I had a creepy teacher like that in 7th grade. We always joked that he graded the girls based on their cup size. But, to be honest, I wouldn't be that surprised if it was partially true.
Needless to say, we were all dismayed when he switched to teaching 8th grade our 8th grade year and then later moved up to the high school with us.

So... the smaller the better? (A-cup = A-plus?)

Makes me glad to live in Canada; only 10 provinces and 3 territories. I did memorize the states and their capitals, though. Later I would do the same with the countries of the world, and that automatically made me my Grade 9 geography teacher's favourite. :)

Ivanka
12th September 2011, 1:04 AM

Lol I think it may have worked in reverse order. Very creepy sounding teacher. o.o

On a different note, I hate it when you realise you have homework to do at the last minute. =( School tomorrow is not going to be fun. :'(

frogofdoom555
12th September 2011, 1:17 AM
This is my 7th week of 7th grade.

I'm scared of my SS teacher. She was in the Air Force.

MasterLucario
12th September 2011, 2:46 AM
3 days in and my Chem teacher already doesn't like me. Gonna be a longggg junior year.

#chelloressurection
12th September 2011, 2:50 AM
I have to go back to school tommorow, im worried about how l did on my reading test. Also, we have to run a quarter mile tommorow, oh the joy im feeling, not....

MasterLucario
12th September 2011, 2:55 AM
I have to go back to school tommorow, im worried about how l did on my reading test. Also, we have to run a quarter mile tommorow, oh the joy im feeling, not....

ahahahaha! Ah, the days of being afraid of running 1/4 mile.... Just, a question, not trying to be rude, but what grade are you going into?

#chelloressurection
12th September 2011, 3:00 AM
ahahahaha! Ah, the days of being afraid of running 1/4 mile.... Just, a question, not trying to be rude, but what grade are you going into?

Im a 7th grader, it sucks so much, luckily gym is last period

Spookz
12th September 2011, 7:34 AM

Lol I think it may have worked in reverse order. Very creepy sounding teacher. o.o

This.

On a different note, I hate it when you realise you have homework to do at the last minute. =( School tomorrow is not going to be fun. :'(
Story of my life. I nearly always write it down in my calendar, but I still manage to forget. It's especially hard right now since I'm still coming down from the high of being on Summer Break, reality just kicked me in the teeth.

Will-powered Spriter
12th September 2011, 9:28 AM
Today I only have two out of 5 lessons. :D

...and those lessons are in almost the worst place possible. Every silver lining...

Edit: Ugh, it's too early in the morning, in the week and in my life to deal with this.

As it turns out, two people who were in my class during secondary school have been killed in a car accident in which they were passengers. They were in the majority of my classes for 5 years and they were pretty close to my age. Four other passengers are in hospital and the driver was in custody. I knew them too, althuogh not as well. Everyone seems pretty shook up.

But the problem is, I'm just not sympathetic. The two people were not nice to me. One had ADHD, was generally unpleasant, was disruptive and was expelled towards the end of y11 for threatening someone 5 years younger then him with a knife. The other was generally violent, loud, and had a habit of throwing heavy or sharp objects across the room. I'd personally predicted several years ago that they would die young. Several people had seen the group they were with driving around with and made similar, more accurate and more recent predictions. It wasn't exactly their fault, but they probably should have seen it coming. I've already had a rather awkward conversation with the women who was the year manager when I was in secondary school, who would have had to deal with all the things they did, where we both had to scoot around the fact I didn't like them in the slightest.

Now, of course, this is a horrible way of thinking, no one should die so young, even if it's their own fault. It's a terrible tragic accident that's happened to someone I know well, but the fact of the matter is it's how I feel.

I don't feel bad about them dieing, but I feel pretty horrible about not feeling bad. I'm just confused.

Magnegross
12th September 2011, 1:38 PM

We have to run a mile here. Once in the beginning of the semester, once at the end.

#chelloressurection
12th September 2011, 1:42 PM
Well, today l start. Thank goodness phys ed is last period, or l would die, only 18 minutes, *eep*

Zhanton
12th September 2011, 1:48 PM

Reading test? o.O" And excuse my poor knowledge of the imperial measurement system, but isn't a mile only 1600 m, and hence a quarter of a mile only 400 m? That's only a minute of running...

Well I think school's finally beginning to wind down for the term for me. At least for now. The Year 12's are currently sitting their trials so most of the teacher's attention have shifted towards them, but I've still got a couple of tests in the next two weeks before the end of term, as well as some assignments, but it's slowing down at last.

#chelloressurection
12th September 2011, 1:51 PM
Reading test? o.O" And excuse my poor knowledge of the imperial measurement system, but isn't a mile only 1600 m, and hence a quarter of a mile only 400 m? That's only a minute of running...

Well I think school's finally beginning to wind down for the term for me. At least for now. The Year 12's are currently sitting their trials so most of the teacher's attention have shifted towards them, but I've still got a couple of tests in the next two weeks before the end of term, as well as some assignments, but it's slowing down at last.

Well, our school is full of idiots, especially the teachers, so they just made it one lap around the parking lot, which is a BIG parking lot.

דוד בן רפאל
12th September 2011, 2:59 PM
in my hebrew lesson (which i speak fluently) my teacher said dov you need to learn how to say unccle :L

ChedWick
12th September 2011, 3:04 PM

A four minute mile is quite the achievement in itself for any professional.

Ivanka
12th September 2011, 8:11 PM
ugh That feeling when you're late and you go into class and everyone just stares at you. And then you get told off and next time it will be a detention. =(
I'll be waking up earlier tomorrow. D;

~Nidoking~
12th September 2011, 8:39 PM
First full day today. Meet more Teachers, got told I was a "Brave young man", got a longer then usual lunch, meet nice students and now I feel wrecked.

Randomness
12th September 2011, 9:01 PM
ugh That feeling when you're late and you go into class and everyone just stares at you. And then you get told off and next time it will be a detention. =(
I'll be waking up earlier tomorrow. D;

I know what you mean. :(

Today wasn't bad, really hot though, plus we had PE outside. :/

Not much else to say.

Ivanka
12th September 2011, 9:05 PM
Today wasn't bad, really hot though, plus we had PE outside. :/

I'm so glad my PE days are over. They were fun but I won't miss them. lol We'd always have the obese teachers screaming at us to run and stuff and it was always like, £%&"@ WHY DON'T YOU DO IT?!

funrush
12th September 2011, 10:30 PM
The homework load today was actually pretty light, ran a 1/2 mile outside and my famous case of "Last period stomach cramps" came back, totally screwing up my time. I guess the day was okay.

Moneyy
12th September 2011, 10:48 PM
I'm so glad my PE days are over. They were fun but I won't miss them. lol We'd always have the obese teachers screaming at us to run and stuff and it was always like, £%&"@ WHY DON'T YOU DO IT?!

I hate PE too. It's not that I'm bad at it, but I think it is a waste of time. It's almost as if the teachers think you do no excersise at home, and even if you don't, why do they care.

funrush
12th September 2011, 10:57 PM
I actually like P.E. I'm far too lazy to actually do any exercising at home (:)), so really, gym is the only place I really get to do that.

#chelloressurection
12th September 2011, 11:07 PM
Im back, l ran 3 minutes 10 seconds in the quarter mile which our school doesnt calculate right.....

Moneyy
12th September 2011, 11:13 PM
Im back, l ran 3 minutes 10 seconds in the quarter mile which our school doesnt calculate right.....

They probably don't calculate it right, you would have to be pretty slow to get that time on the quarter mile.

Atari
12th September 2011, 11:19 PM
Today I had to sit through two and a half hours of boring presentations on sustainable development. Yay

#chelloressurection
12th September 2011, 11:20 PM
They probably don't calculate it right, you would have to be pretty slow to get that time on the quarter mile.

Well, the super fast kids got under 2 minutes, but there are only a few of them, im not the best runner, but our parking lot is freaking huge

mistycerulean
12th September 2011, 11:22 PM
I nearly fell asleep in Algebra. And then I got threatened with detention, which woke me up.

Other than that, it was pretty normal. Lots of LA homework, and a lot of French words to memorize.

funrush
12th September 2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah, that would be slow. I'm actually one of the slowest kids in my class which is odd, because I'm normal sized and very tall. In the 1/2 mile I ran today, with my stomach cramp, I managed a 4:38.

Shuam
13th September 2011, 12:14 AM
My Web Design "professor" has spent 4 weeks telling us how to use Mac OSX and basic photoshop functions.

He told us we could leave after showing up if you know how to use them already.
I've been in that class for around 30 minutes for 4 weeks.

TM0verlord
13th September 2011, 12:25 AM
I had to stay after school today because I had forgotten my homework on the bus. Then I had a Pre Calculus surprise test today which I guarantee that I failed. Lastly, I failed a pop quiz in Spanish. I need to study more often.

Mewtwo152
13th September 2011, 12:35 AM
Pop quizzes suck man. None of my teachers know what it means, though, because they always say "Pop quiz in 10 minutes/tomorrow/etc,".

I'm starting hate Bio this year, homework every night so far.

Moneyy
13th September 2011, 12:38 AM
I'm starting hate Bio this year, homework every night so far.

I've had homework every night for every class so far.

Ivanka
13th September 2011, 12:39 AM
The homework does get tougher and in more quantity every new year. :'( It's torturous, especially when you have to stay up all night doing it. And then they complain that you're late to class or that you're sleeping in class. -_-

frogofdoom555
13th September 2011, 12:54 AM
I hate PE too. It's not that I'm bad at it, but I think it is a waste of time. It's almost as if the teachers think you do no excersise at home, and even if you don't, why do they care.

It's probably because some of us don't.

I don't care what they say. I prefer Wii Fit Plus.

Moneyy
13th September 2011, 12:56 AM
It's probably because some of us don't.

I don't care what they say. I prefer Wii Fit Plus.

I still excersise out of PE class, but why should the school make you excersise if you don't want to?

frogofdoom555
13th September 2011, 1:02 AM

That person had it easy. In my Gym Class, we had to run a full mile.

I had to resort to cutting the track...

frogofdoom555
13th September 2011, 1:06 AM
I still excersise out of PE class, but why should the school make you excersise if you don't want to?

Well, it's not the school, it's the school district.

But seriously, I might do some jackknives right now.

I LOVE science class. Mrs. Thomas is so fun.

My extracurricular activity is the Yearbook Club. I'm one of the four 7th graders.
One's a 6th grader. The rest are 8th graders.

Ces
13th September 2011, 1:06 AM
Ugh, missed school today because of anxiety.

funrush
13th September 2011, 1:25 AM
That person had it easy. In my Gym Class, we had to run a full mile.

I had to resort to cutting the track...

Resort to...? I'll just say this, ever since 6th grade, I've had to run a mile every Friday, the best part for me is the feeling you get if you run the whole mile without cutting the track, you should try not cutting the track next time, it's worth it.

ChedWick
13th September 2011, 1:49 AM
My Web Design "professor" has spent 4 weeks telling us how to use Mac OSX and basic photoshop functions.

He told us we could leave after showing up if you know how to use them already.
I've been in that class for around 30 minutes for 4 weeks.

This is college I'm assuming? I had the same deal with my web development course but instead of OSX and Photoshop it was HTML which I already knew all the stuff she had outlined from a computer science course so I didn't go to class for 3 weeks. I miss those semesters.

As for PE in high school, I really disliked it as well. Not because I'm lazy or anything, hell I was on the varsity soccer team from my freshman year but anyways, I disliked it because it really served no purpose. We did various little "games" which taught nothing, a few interesting activities like archery, some line dancing and that's about it. The rest of the time(which was 90% of the time) it was basically a free period where you couldn't be sitting down and the weight room was off limits. I would have much preferred learning something about being fit rather than just being babysat for a period. Or at least have a little more freedom to either go out to the track or to the weight room.

Moneyy
13th September 2011, 2:24 AM
Resort to...? I'll just say this, ever since 6th grade, I've had to run a mile every Friday, the best part for me is the feeling you get if you run the whole mile without cutting the track, you should try not cutting the track next time, it's worth it.

I had to run the mile a lot too, and now I have to run more than that. I like sports, but I hate long distance running.

Soiherdyouliekme
13th September 2011, 2:36 AM
Recruitment week started today, and I didn't know. So at the beginning of lunch I was told I was responsible for Reach for the Top. I spent my lunch trying to convince uninterested kids that some really nerdy trivia game/club is a lot of fun. :(

Also, I had drama first period and we went the first 40 minutes without a teacher. Turns out we had a supply and she was in the very next room the whole time.

As for PE, I'm so glad it's over. As a skinny, nerdy kid, PE was the bane of my existence. Some of the kids were major douches and were about as intelligent as bricks. For sex ed, some kid got 3/45 on his test, and that test involved things like, matching definitions, labeling diagrams, etc. Last year it pulled down my average even though I got a 90 in that course... :/

deokishisu.123
13th September 2011, 3:15 AM
Ran all over my school today delivering. Other than that, it was very dull.

I'm very tired and I will not get a good night's sleep, as I have to get up at 6:30. . .

sanae
13th September 2011, 3:18 AM
I feel awkward. I'm in ninth grade math (in seventh grade) and I was the only person the got a 100 on the test O-O On the other hand, I can guarantee you I failed my Spanish test.

MechaDrago
13th September 2011, 4:25 AM
It's been really stormy lately, so I got soaked going to college yesterday, and I probably will again today. Plus, we're watching a documentary about 9/11 in Film Study today because our lecturers are totally sensitive and appropriate.
To be fair though I can't really complain, all we have is three classes and we're filming in two of them so we don't have to do any theory work.
(But I still have like three essays to do.)

Arceus179
13th September 2011, 1:15 PM
Today was a really bad day. This random guy in my class went up to me and called me a son of a *****. I didn't even know him, but when someone talks bad about my mother, I'd go brutal. I punched him in the face, and I think he bled a little. I could have done something even worse, but he was lucky I didn't.

;294; <- Loudred is right there laughing.

Magnegross
13th September 2011, 1:45 PM
Ugh, missed school today because of anxiety.

You expect us to say something positive about this?

funrush
13th September 2011, 9:22 PM
I feel awkward. I'm in ninth grade math (in seventh grade) and I was the only person the got a 100 on the test O-O On the other hand, I can guarantee you I failed my Spanish test.

That sucks, (the awkwardness not the test) I was actually in the same position a while ago so I know how that feels.

sanae
13th September 2011, 9:38 PM
Today I got no homework ewe. But I hate band class. A) The teacher is a complete *** B) The band teachers daughter is in my class and she gets what ever she wants, not to mention she's loud, obnoxious, annoying, really conceited, and thinks she's better than everyone else because she's the band teacher's daughter. And she wants me to tutor her o.O

Moneyy
13th September 2011, 10:36 PM
I'm supposed to be studying for a test right now, but for some reason I'm still on here.

#chelloressurection
13th September 2011, 11:05 PM
I got back from school, and it was normal. Im bored though, l need something in my school day, oh and half mile tommorow !

725roy
14th September 2011, 1:31 AM
Second day of no homework in a row... My teachers must be PRETTY LAZY.

On a side note, It's like almost a month since school started and there has been about 12 cases of gang violence, luckily i'm not a target...

Autis-misc
14th September 2011, 1:38 AM
Im going to post a class i love because i dont really know what im suppose to do hear (confused on first post)... japanese. im a sophomore.

Zibdas
14th September 2011, 1:55 AM
Second day of no homework in a row... My teachers must be PRETTY LAZY.

On a side note, It's like almost a month since school started and there has been about 12 cases of gang violence, luckily i'm not a target...

My teachers never give homework.
*shot*

funrush
14th September 2011, 2:12 AM
You are very very very lucky. I have at least one hour of homework at night, in some situations three or four.

kyogreblue3
14th September 2011, 2:13 AM
lucky Zibdas. I have homework EVERY DAY

Since Mr. Garrison's English class BORES ME TO DEATH, I hired Tommie, a dude with an AFRO in my class, to stalk Mr. Garrison for $2 a day.

it cracks me up every time Mr. Garrison is like, "WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME, TOMMIE?!?" xD

MasterLucario
14th September 2011, 2:36 AM
Didn't have too much homework today. Enjoying it while I can. But I'm mad tired cuz I ran a mile in 6:20 in gym (that's half assing it for me), and then I had a Cross Country race a couple hours ago. I don't wanna go to school tomorrow

Moneyy
14th September 2011, 2:55 AM
Didn't have too much homework today. Enjoying it while I can. But I'm mad tired cuz I ran a mile in 6:20 in gym (that's half assing it for me), and then I had a Cross Country race a couple hours ago. I don't wanna go to school tomorrow

What the hell? I'm proud if I run an eight minute mile.

MasterLucario
14th September 2011, 4:16 AM
What the hell? I'm proud if I run an eight minute mile.

Haha, well everyone's different!

Zibdas
14th September 2011, 4:24 AM
*sigh*
I hafta go to some retarded retreat up in Estes Park (bout an hour north of here* for three days.
So, wish me luck, I suppose.

ironknight42
14th September 2011, 4:37 AM
So my french profesor is quite the man, he told the class today that he likes to drink his problems away and if we break anything he is gonna beat us to death with it, it was something else. That's what we call a quality education in French oh and he likes speaking Spanish to the class and we stare at him only understanding every couple words its a load of fun...

Hilijix
14th September 2011, 5:36 AM
Had nothing for Drama, one two-page packet for Geometry, and 8 pages of Biology review. I seriously spent three hours on that Biology homework, and some of the stuff on their wasn't even in the book. I know I'm not the only person with this though, everyone who took Bio earlier warned us about it.

Randomness
14th September 2011, 9:07 PM
Today was alright, there was some confusion during English about the assignments, we had to run more laps, it's all good.

Everyone started talking about Lavender Town Syndrome thanks to me. -__-'

funrush
14th September 2011, 9:18 PM
What the hell? I'm proud if I run an eight minute mile. My best mile was 9:53.
Anyway, just ran a half mile, and did a ton of pushups, I'm exhausted. I only have two homework assignments due tomorrow, so I guess that's about an hour and a half of work. Is Lavender Town Syndrome a fancy way of saying depression?

The Eleventh
14th September 2011, 9:42 PM
Is Lavender Town Syndrome a fancy way of saying depression?
I suppose it could be. It's a creepypasta, though, one of the many Lavender Town ones.

~Nidoking~
14th September 2011, 9:56 PM
I enjoy my college, I just dislike the pepole who call me ' an offensive ******' because I think that people should recieve the same kind of punishment, dispite their age. I don't mind sharing my opinion, or you having a different one, because I love a good debate, but don't personally attack me.

Moneyy
14th September 2011, 9:59 PM
Haha, well everyone's different!

I'm pretty fit (I think) but for some reason long distance running is extremely hard for me.

#chelloressurection
14th September 2011, 10:25 PM
Well, l ran the 1/2 mile today, 7:07 -______________-

But otherwise, not much homeowrk, and im home again!

Heist XL
14th September 2011, 10:27 PM
I got to get used to Potoshop CS5 for school :( I've been using CS3 for ages.. so this is pretty new xD

deoxysdude94
14th September 2011, 10:31 PM
ehhhhh senior year in high school. I wanna get out of here. My school sucks, too many rules, too many students... And I'm taking an advanced placement course in music, but my teacher sucks and can't teach! I have to learn the whole book by myself I guess... :(

oh, and while the students in my gym class ran the mile, my teacher was driving around the track in a golf cart screaming at people. I hate those people, so I gave up.

funrush
14th September 2011, 10:35 PM
My teacher is a little less lazy. Instead of a golf cart, he rides a bike.

sanae
15th September 2011, 9:54 PM
I got accepted into a Duke Tech something or other. Which I think means I get to take the SAT's and ACT's in seventh instead of eleventh/twelfth.

Pokymon99
15th September 2011, 10:32 PM
School is alright. Might become active on here just to piss some people off...

ZoruaBoo
15th September 2011, 10:39 PM
My school had a rant at us as a 'welcome back' speech..... It wasn't pretty!
Now, our school uniforms have gone even more green, and our tights MUST be a certain amount of thickness.
We have now 2 hours a night of homework!O.o
Lunch break has got shorter......

*sigh* This year isn't looking to good, and since we are an all girls school, I have to put up with gossip and Facebook wars.... KILL ME NOW!!

Other than that I've had a great week!

Atari
15th September 2011, 10:43 PM
Today, I had to commute a total of an hour going and returning from school just to take a 50 minute math test. :c

funrush
15th September 2011, 10:51 PM
I have so much homework! About two hours a night now, and it's only the second week of school. And then I remember that I'm still pretty young, being a senior's probably going to be hell.

Soiherdyouliekme
15th September 2011, 11:05 PM
Today, I had to commute a total of an hour going and returning from school just to take a 50 minute math test. :c

My school is across town, so getting to school for me takes 40 minutes both ways, every day. If I have some EC's to take care of after school, it can take 50 minutes to get home via public transit.

Calamity™
16th September 2011, 2:09 AM
New University student here.
Just had my induction day yesterday and it was so boring. Even the people there are no fun. I thought everyone would be really social but they were all a silent bunch. Hopefully things will get better in that sense.
University itself seems really fun. A lot more freedom and it's nothing like school. Can't wait to finally start my course!

Spookz
16th September 2011, 7:39 AM
I got to get used to Potoshop CS5 for school :( I've been using CS3 for ages.. so this is pretty new xD
Twins!

I need to take Photoshop as part of my major requirement, except I taught myself years ago how to do a lot of stuff. Only thing is that I've been used to CS3 and the school computers have CS5. But, long story short, my copy of CS3 died, so now I have CS5 on my laptop to work with. Aww yeah.

I feel bad not paying attention in class though.. but my teacher knows I'm pretty familiar with it so.. he's not bothered by it.

MasterLucario
17th September 2011, 1:10 AM
I'm taking a Computer applications class, where we're learning how to use Excel and Powerpoint and that stuff and apply it to the real world. I like practical classes.

Wild Dragonite
17th September 2011, 1:21 AM
I'm taking a Computer applications class, where we're learning how to use Excel and Powerpoint and that stuff and apply it to the real world. I like practical classes.

Amen to that. This is why I hate taking higher mathematics, even though I'm planning on going into Computer Sciences. :/

In other news, I really hate my Anthropology class. I only took it to fill up my G.E.s and I'm already hoping I get finished soon.

funrush
20th September 2011, 12:34 PM
School was okay yesterday. It was pretty good. My friend Antonio was awesome enough to give me a free Minecraft gift code from when Notch got married, so I played on that all day. Now I have a crap ton of homework to do.

Calamity™
20th September 2011, 4:46 PM
Another boring and pointless day at Uni. :D All we were doing is logging onto their Computer Systems and then getting a tour of the Library. Now I'm free till Tuesday. lol

Zweihander Nemesis
20th September 2011, 4:50 PM
Overslept and was 20 min late to my Sociology class, good thing my professor never checks attendance nor cares lol. He was in the middle of a not so hard to follow lecture anyways.

-Xen-
20th September 2011, 5:59 PM
I've been working on school for weeks. Alright for the most part, but I've had a few rough days.

I take an online Literature class, and I missed two weeks of homework because I didn't know how to operate the site. And yet, she still counts it against my grade.

I've worked my hide off to make 90+ grades, and I still have a C. -.-

I'm in my last year of Uni and still taking a biology 101 course since I transferred in and we're required to take 2 sciences and a lab. Needless to say my class is mostly made up of freshman and sophomores. I also have the pleasure of having the same bio period as a few bible-huggers who feel the need to argue against evolution not even 2 full weeks into the course. Too bad our teacher is really friendly so I don't get the pleasure of hearing him laying the smack down.

Try having a christian biologist as a professor. Not a day went by without a long rant against evolution.

I'm pretty open-minded on the subject of religion, but hearing the same rant for a year straight was painful.

John Madden
21st September 2011, 7:28 PM
And effective 6 hours ago, OSU's 2011-12 academic year has started. (And it's the last one using the quarter system!)

Over the course of my first class (Geography 450, "The Making of the Modern World") my professor managed to rant about Adderall and creationism being utterly stupid, and the readings are somewhat similar to those from a course I took in political theory last year that I loved almost as much as my skydiving course. Think I'm going to love working my *** off in this.

Currently waiting for my second class of the day (Political Science 544, "The Past, Present, and Future of War", taught by a professor named Bear Braumoeller) to start. Highlight of the syllabus easily has to be the foreign policy brief we have to prepare by the end of the quarter, or at least the description:

Each policy brief may be co-authored by up to three students in the same section. The author(s) must choose an international or civil war or genocide that is ongoing at the time of the class and do three things:

1. Give a brief description of the history of the conflict.
2. Give a brief causal analysis of the forces most responsible for the conflict.
3. In light of #2, suggest two or three measures that might be taken to end the conflict.

This will require a fair bit of research, so cite sources where relevant. I should note that objective analysis is central to this endeavor: regardless of political orientation, shrill, ideologically charged, finger-pointing screeds pertaining to wars that the United States is currently involved in, and based mainly on sixty-second soundbites from politicians and pundits, would be most unwise.

I'm about to be the biggest foreign policy wonk by the end of this year and it's not even going to be funny.

Rave
22nd September 2011, 6:51 PM
I just came back home from being at school for 2 whole days straight studying for my bio courses. I'm certain I got some damn good grades on those exams this week.

But yeah, I get to finally read at a normal pace again and work out. I'm glad.

ChedWick
22nd September 2011, 7:50 PM
Try having a christian biologist as a professor. Not a day went by without a long rant against evolution.

I'm pretty open-minded on the subject of religion, but hearing the same rant for a year straight was painful.

/boggle How does that even make sense....

PLANES CURE TOWERS
22nd September 2011, 8:39 PM
Got sent to I.S.S for not tucking in my shirt. Soon as I walked in they had a sub and everyone was just chilling/texting.

Cash day.
I want to go to your school where it's considered a punishment to be sent to the International Space Station.

That sounds legit.

Ellie
22nd September 2011, 8:45 PM

the hell? where do you go to school? i'm a biology major and while our profs rant a little bit about how they dont agree with some theories but i think theyd get thrown out of school if they did that.

reminds me of some chick at my friend's school who wanted to be a bio major but didnt believe in evolution and asked if she could just skip the parts to do with it.. and most bio majors have to take a class entirely based around the concept of evolution. or at least i did and her school did anyway.

Calamity™
23rd September 2011, 8:02 PM
So I went to the SU (student union) bar today and one of my Professors was there. Me, a few guys and he actually ended up drinking together and we almost persuaded him into a drinking game. Things seem to be a lot different to School now. lol

Moneyy
23rd September 2011, 11:32 PM
I did well on all the tests I thought I would fail, so that was a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately my homework for the weekend is overwhelming, and I probably won't have enough time to finish it all.

Profesco
24th September 2011, 2:40 AM
Currently waiting for my second class of the day (Political Science 544, "The Past, Present, and Future of War", taught by a professor named Bear Braumoeller) to start. Highlight of the syllabus easily has to be the foreign policy brief we have to prepare by the end of the quarter, or at least the description:

I've been taught by a professor named Mantiger Vaughnbrigadier, so ha.

Just kidding! Your class here sounds really cool, though.

Driving to my school is a great experience. Every day I have to cross an expansive bridge, and its position over the water leads to various nice visual effects.

In the morning, there is always a lot of fog hovering over the water, so driving across this bridge is like driving through a cloud. You can't see the water below, you can't see very far into the sky above, and you can't see the end of the bridge or the mountains on the side in front of you. I suppose you could even say it's a decent example of what driving across a bridge of dimensions into the afterlife might feel like.

In the afternoon, the fog has disappeared and the sun reflects off the water, brightening up the entire valley and making everything look shiny and crystal clear. You can see boats and buoys in miniature on the surface of the water far below, and hills and mountains fading to a misty purple the further away on the horizon they are, and the church steeples and white brick faces of the school buildings rising out of the greenery across the river.

In the evening, the fog rolls in low over the water again, so your vision is limited to the dark gray bridge and the violet sky. Taillights create a pattern of dots set against the former, stars create a pattern of dots set against the latter, and the beacons on the bridge structures create a pattern of dots bringing them both together. It's pretty cool.

Driving across this bridge never fails to please. Pity I cross it at about 80 miles per hour.

ChedWick
24th September 2011, 3:23 AM
Sooo I received a letter today from academic records and apparently I haven't been attending my Systems Analysis class all that much. Which I find odd because I've been to every lecture and have actually talked to the professor and participated. Hell the professor even knows me due to my taking his summer class and him personally calling me out during the final (was an online class where we met for the written final) to tell me that I did a great job in the course.

Soo year I shot him and e-mail to ask wtf was up.

#chelloressurection
24th September 2011, 3:32 AM
School dance FTW. Make fun of me all you want, but l had a chance to dance with a girl l liked ^_^

YaDunGoofed
24th September 2011, 3:40 AM
School dance FTW. Make fun of me all you want, but l had a chance to dance with a girl l liked ^_^

I gotta wait until November 5th for me to be with the guy I like. Gahh! I envy you.

#chelloressurection
24th September 2011, 3:42 AM
Dont envy me, im really not that attractive, so my standards arent through the roof, but this girl happens to be somewhat attractive.

-Xen-
24th September 2011, 3:42 AM
the hell? where do you go to school? i'm a biology major and while our profs rant a little bit about how they dont agree with some theories but i think theyd get thrown out of school if they did that.

reminds me of some chick at my friend's school who wanted to be a bio major but didnt believe in evolution and asked if she could just skip the parts to do with it.. and most bio majors have to take a class entirely based around the concept of evolution. or at least i did and her school did anyway.

I took an online class, which he ran to begin with, so yeah... At least I could mute him. XD

Anyway, since I don't know how to quote two posts in one:
@ChedWick: I'm not sure if I follow?

YaDunGoofed
24th September 2011, 3:44 AM
Dont envy me, im really not that attractive, so my standards arent through the roof, but this girl happens to be somewhat attractive.

I will be as jelly as peanut butter.
Let me guess...homecoming?

#chelloressurection
24th September 2011, 3:44 AM
I will be as jelly as peanut butter.
Let me guess...homecoming?

Im, well, er, 12, just a civil middle school dance is all :)

YaDunGoofed
24th September 2011, 3:48 AM
Im, well, er, 12, just a civil middle school dance is all :)

OH LOL...my 8th grade dance was horrendous. Had a nice chocolate fountain...until some derpy kid splattered it on my date. xD

#chelloressurection
24th September 2011, 3:49 AM
OH LOL...my 8th grade dance was horrendous. Had a nice chocolate fountain...until some derpy kid splattered it on my date. xD

Lucky, my school cant even afford a bar of chocolate much less a fountain, sounds good minus the derpy kid :p

ChedWick
24th September 2011, 3:50 AM
I took an online class, which he ran to begin with, so yeah... At least I could mute him. XD

Anyway, since I don't know how to quote two posts in one:
@ChedWick: I'm not sure if I follow?

I'm not sure which part you are addressing but I'll do my best to clear the fog.

Some teachers take attendance, some just during the first half of the semester. If during the beginning of the semester they notice students who have not dropped the course and still not coming to class they report it to academic records who then send out "warnings" about not attending class. I've been to every class but still somehow have been marked absent at least 3 times in the past 8 classes despite sitting right upfront and the teacher knowing who I am, and signing the attendance sheet every day.

MasterLucario
24th September 2011, 4:15 AM
Just got back from my homecoming in the pouring rain. Got some great memories and now I'm chilling out to get ready for my Cross Country meet tomorrow. 1 more year till I can sit in our school's senior section at homecoming.

John Madden
24th September 2011, 4:55 AM

If I could've done that during high school (or at least before my junior year)...

..but then I get to party and/or go clubbing with girls I like now.

(Or if I'm long-distance inclined I can travel hundreds of miles to see them using money I didn't have during my junior year.)

But I digress... I have a job interview with the office of US Senator Sherrod Brown on Monday that'll probably wind up taking up most of my free time for the rest of fall term and will be one hell of a resume booster if I get it.

disposable_heroes
24th September 2011, 4:57 AM
Well, it just HAD to be after I returned from my vacation that I end up losing my binder with ALL my papers in it. And I happen to have a LOT of make-up work, and the formats for some of my projects are in that folder. >_<

Other than that, the junior class took the practice ACT today. I think I did really good on it, and also exceeded my expectations for the Reading section (I was able to actually pace myself this time. Awesome.)

sanae
24th September 2011, 5:20 AM
My math teacher didn't say we had math homework yesterday and it turns out we did. :/