PDA

View Full Version : scizor

ven?
8th September 2011, 4:37 AM
Alot of post's i read on forums saying steel pokemon are useless, however with the ability to stall anything with special which is the top of the meta with deck's like zekrom, tornadus, etc, so i was thinking why not run scizor, it's not a bad card, for 100 hp it can at least wall against any card running special energy's, not to mention but it's like gothitelle but a faster run, so...

3-3 scizor prime
2-2 electrode prime
2-1-2 samurott (ability)
3 cleffa
1 tornadus

6 steel energy
4 special steel energy
2 water
2 dce
2 rescue energy

2 rare candy
3 communications
3 dual ball
2 IQ
2 judge
3 pont
1 burnt tower

It's a simple run (no I do not have the cards, but I can assume the build)

Tornadus set's up scizor allowing for some early-mid game setup, then sweep the floor with 3 scizor, the other dce and water is for samurott, at 2 water he can take down anything with a water weakness for 180 (at x2) every time. Everything else is straight forward, electorde power's either samurott or scizor T1, then bada bing bada boom, while tornadus is additonal setup and attack tech.

SkittyOnWailord
8th September 2011, 12:58 PM
One of my friends has pretty much the same deck except he uses Skarmory to attach the energy instead of Electrode. That might be something to consider.

ven?
9th September 2011, 12:07 AM
Oh the good ol scarmory ploy, I tryed it but it wasn't as fast and was more prone to getting smashed around, and i didn't like that, poor scarmory >.>. Awesome more scizor player's.

spartanlaser
26th September 2011, 12:35 AM
Alot of post's i read on forums saying steel pokemon are useless, however with the ability to stall anything with special which is the top of the meta with deck's like zekrom, tornadus, etc, so i was thinking why not run scizor, it's not a bad card, for 100 hp it can at least wall against any card running special energy's, not to mention but it's like gothitelle but a faster run, so...

3-3 scizor prime
2-2 electrode prime
2-1-2 samurott (ability)
3 cleffa
1 tornadus

6 steel energy
4 special steel energy
2 water
2 dce
2 rescue energy

2 rare candy
3 communications
3 dual ball
2 IQ
2 judge
3 pont
1 burnt tower

It's a simple run (no I do not have the cards, but I can assume the build)

Tornadus set's up scizor allowing for some early-mid game setup, then sweep the floor with 3 scizor, the other dce and water is for samurott, at 2 water he can take down anything with a water weakness for 180 (at x2) every time. Everything else is straight forward, electorde power's either samurott or scizor T1, then bada bing bada boom, while tornadus is additonal setup and attack tech.

I see your thinking.
you should take out:
Burned tower. I've won games at nationals and worlds because of my opponent's burned tower. As a stadium, both players can use it.
2-2 electrode is pretty big. You already have IQ, and it gives your opponent a prize. I would make the line 1-1 instead.
3 cleffa is alot now, with pokemon catcher officialy in the format, so the can be killed by yammega frime, donphan, and anything that does 30 or more damage.
you should put in 2 skarmory. They are a great starter, because you can search for special metals too.
And if you want to tank, run steelix prime. It. Never. Dies
The reason noone uses steel is because of all of the fire pokemon in the format, and magnezone resists it.
but it is a great deck!

ven?
26th September 2011, 12:45 AM
I disagree and go the other way around,

The skarmory is an extra prize you lose off the bat,

Second cleffa increases the draw rate, and as per worlds top 2 both ran a minimum of 2, edit, maybe running 3 can be an issue.

Steelix prime dies to reshiram, reshiram is a staple in 90% of all decks.

Electrode versus IQ, electrode drops energy IQ doesn't, If I had the option of being able to drop the top 8 energy onto a pokemon I would but since i have to wait per turn to deal the additional damage and it does take scizor alot of time to build up that energy it's best to add in wall cards like cleffa and electrode prime to speed up the process.