PDA

View Full Version : Beartic Mountain Feud! (707)

Serebii
8th September 2011, 10:32 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/707.jpgNegotiator Meowth! Break Through the Forest of Beartic!!

On their way to Nimbasa City, Ash & Co. find an injured Cubchoo in a forest. While trying to help the Cubchoo recover to strength, Ash & Co. get attacked by a massive group of Beartic. Meeting a mountainranger, they manage to escape, but will they be able to heal the Cubchoo and will Ash & Co. learn what is making the Beartic angry?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/bestwishes/707.shtml)

Discuss

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 12:01 PM
Mommy Beartic loses baby Cubchoo

playerking
8th September 2011, 12:06 PM
Mienfoo is pure awesomeness and Cubchoo is cute with Cilan. Poor Meowth got frozen by the Beartic, I hope that that wouldn't happen.

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 12:07 PM
No bonding with anyone, neither Satoshi or Dent, plus the mommy stuff I really am like 98% sure it won't be caught now.

Then Dent scene end up being what I said lol, who was closer/was holding him at the time what was more convinient, Satoshi scene was nothing special either, he just picked it up.

LOOL dude really tried to capture Meowth, for the same reason that Iris did I assume, he is usefull lol.

Evll33t
8th September 2011, 12:08 PM
LOL attempt to catch meowth 3?

playerking
8th September 2011, 12:08 PM
Are we sure it is a mummy Beartic? Dads are protective too.

Cliff tried to catch Meowth. Silly Cliff, Meowth aren't for forest rangers.

Look behind you Ash and co. and here comes Tepig.

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 12:09 PM
Meh parent Beartic, I just used mommy instead of daddy since its more likelly in those bear stories lol.

Oshawott just jumps out of the pokeball for no reason as usual lol.

Mewoth Negotiation skills aren't working poor thing is getting brutalized.

Evll33t
8th September 2011, 12:09 PM
lol and Oshawott just pops out like usual :3

playerking
8th September 2011, 12:11 PM
And Meowth goes blasting off again? Trapped in Ice.

Oh no, the Pokemon are away from the trainers. The preview made it seem like that would happen.

Cool, Ingo and his little brother Emmet are walking along train tracks. Don't they know that's dangerous?

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 12:11 PM
Lol subway twins are dramatic like Dent and Arty.

Hum didn't though this would be a pokemon alone episode, I though that was Satoshi getting his pokemons out to talk with Kumasyun in the preview.

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 12:18 PM
Pikachu and Pokabu or so honest, they are worried because they stole the food, Meowth and Oshawott don't really care those bastards XD.

Damn I missed one of this episodes, loving the pokemon interactions.

Really cool how they went to get food for the kids though.

Pikachu and Pokabu are pissed, HAHAHAHA Oshawott is a bastard.

playerking
Those Pokemon should know not to steal. Cubchoo and Axew are eating together and it looks cute. Oshawott is having a bigger appearance than I though and I like it.

Evll33t
Lesson to be learned by Meowth and Oshawott do not steal food from angry ice bears.

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 12:19 PM
Omg Super Pokemon Scramble, army battle going to happen,

playerking
8th September 2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah I know, Oshawott and Meowth shouldn't be stealing.

Looks like Cubchoo found its parents and it looks like Meowth is getting the cold shoulder from the Beartic.

Sorry, had to.

Yep, no captures. Oh well, I thought it would go to mummy and daddy.

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 12:23 PM
Lol Meowth is missing Cubchoo XD, well the plot was what I expected, besides the pleasent suprise of some pokemon only time which I missed.

Really nice and fun episode, imo.

dman_dustin
8th September 2011, 12:31 PM
While I dislike Oshawott and Tepig being overused, when something that needs to be shown.

It was a decent episode. I don't know why, but I liked this one. It was a lot better than last week's.

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah I ended up liking Oshawott and Tepig a lot in the episode, I liked Tepig honesty being shown and Meowth and Oshawott messing around.

I mainly liked the pokemon interactions, haven't had that in a while, maybe that is why you liked it too? Xd

playerking
8th September 2011, 12:37 PM
The Pokemon and the Pokemon interactions made this okay, the rest felt like I should have slept through. But yeah, an okay episode.

Janovy
8th September 2011, 12:45 PM
I loved how Iris was always the first one to run when the bears would attack them. xD

DuquĘ?
8th September 2011, 3:02 PM
And, again, oshawott, you're a little jerk. Heck, even meowth plays a good guy better than it! What did you do? Push the poor cat to a failed negociation.

playerking
8th September 2011, 3:24 PM
And, again, oshawott, you're a little jerk. Heck, even meowth plays a good guy better than it! What did you do? Push the poor cat to a failed negociation.

It's not Oshawott's fault that Meowth sucked at Nyagotiating, Oshawott was just trying to help by using Meowth to help.

AgentPierce
8th September 2011, 4:11 PM
God, this episode was boring. Say what you will about last week's episode, but at least it's drug-induced madness kept me awake. This one was just such a generic filler, not even the pokemon interactions entertained me. It really didn't need to happen; the Team Rocket moment could've been moved to the start of next week's two-part special rather than be put in a dumb filler like this.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
8th September 2011, 5:02 PM
So what did TR do in this episode?

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 6:29 PM
God, this episode was boring. Say what you will about last week's episode, but at least it's drug-induced madness kept me awake. This one was just such a generic filler, not even the pokemon interactions entertained me. It really didn't need to happen; the Team Rocket moment could've been moved to the start of next week's two-part special rather than be put in a dumb filler like this.

Oo the episode was action packed lol, fightning, pokemons falllign roling around,etc...

According to your post you are calling it boring due to lack of action? we had plenty, strange.

Oh and this week and last week episodes weren't fillers, the TR and Twins story advanced, say what you will they aren't considered filler due to that, so no they aren't fillers.

Yeul
8th September 2011, 6:46 PM
So, neither Ash/Iris/Cilan catch Cubchoo and Cliff ain't Brycen. *sniff*

OH WELL, AT LEAST WE GOT MORE EXCELLENT SUBMAS.

RickHoenn
8th September 2011, 7:00 PM

Agreed.

I put this episode at the same level of the Cottonee one ugh, such boring fillers i cannot... :o these two are the worst episodes of BW so far imo... :rolleyes: Cubchoo was cute tho and I love Oshawott and Tepig so I don't care if they're overused XP

Last week's episode was far better, Leon was a nice character, then again I'm biased toward weird characters but what I loved about BW45 was it's drug-induced madness like you said!! :p

Can't wait for the Battle Subway episodes.

gliscor&yanmega
8th September 2011, 7:49 PM
Oo the episode was action packed lol, fightning, pokemons falllign roling around,etc...

According to your post you are calling it boring due to lack of action? we had plenty, strange.

Oh and this week and last week episodes weren't fillers, the TR and Twins story advanced, say what you will they aren't considered filler due to that, so no they aren't fillers.

No one is ever going to agree on what a "filler" is...it just will never happen, although like you I don't consider this or last week's episode a filler but it doesn't matter, in the end if you enjoy the episode who cares if it's important to the plot or not.

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode. Don't really know what was said at all but once I do know I know I'll like it even more.

Cubchoo is cute and all but it's ice snot I find to be rather...off putting, at less when it's moving. Beartic need to teach them Cubchoo how to clean their nose properly.

Mienfoo was pretty cool in my opinion. I like how it was handled.

I'm glad Meowth is here to translate what Pokemon are saying, making Pokemon separation episodes better, of course I need someone to translate what Meowth said but at less then I know what's being said just takes time. I enjoyed the Pokemon interactions.

This episode taught kids it's ok to steal...so long as you don't mind dealing with a group of angry Polar Bears afterwards...

I enjoyed the plot of the episode, and liked how there was a happy ending.

I also enjoyed the Jessie, James, Ingo, and Emmet scenes. The twins really rather funny in this episode, not sure if that was the intent but I'd take it that it was since they look and act pretty funny, yet are awesome at the same time. Not surprised at the Jessie and James scene at the end, not sure what was said but it sure looked interesting, cliffhangers usually are though.

So yah, overall I enjoyed this episode, it'll be better once I know what was being said but even still I think it was a entertaining enough episode.

AgentPierce
8th September 2011, 8:12 PM

Take those scenes out and what do you have? A filler. An episode with Ash and co. helping out a pokemon and a bland character-of-the-day and then leaving on their way to their destination without accomplishing anything. Team Rocket scenes are there to build up to the plot of next week's episode; like I said, the scenes could've very well been put in at the start of said next episode seeing as they had nothing to do with Ash's group. The past three episodes have been fillers with Team Rocket scenes sprinkled on them.

HatersGonnaHate
8th September 2011, 8:13 PM
it's pretty embarassing that in 4 straight episodes, all of you made huge capture assumptions, but not one of them happened

FabulousMilotic
8th September 2011, 8:33 PM
I thought, for a sec, that tepig or oshawott will be evolving in this eps. Since both of them rarely seen for such a long duration.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!
8th September 2011, 9:06 PM
Good. Nobody got captured. Just like I predicted. I love it when my first speculation goes right.

This episode...well, it was much better than the episode before it. The Chubchoo was saftley returned to its group without a Pokéball thrown at it at all.

But, Meowth on the other hand was almost captured again. It's a good thing Cliff didn't actually catch it.

This episode was good because no captures, no evolutions, nothing. Just Ingo and Emmet.

This episode gets an 8/10.

Firemaker
8th September 2011, 9:42 PM
Take those scenes out and what do you have? A filler.
That logic is awful because you can use that for pretty much any episode.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
8th September 2011, 9:48 PM
So can someone tell me what Team Rocket did and what were they talking to Zager about?

Shneak
8th September 2011, 9:48 PM
Looked at the photos. It looks boring, but I'll watch the episode later. I was basically like *scrolling scrolling scrolling* OH Team Rocket! *scrolling scrolling scrolling*

Pepsi_Plunge
8th September 2011, 10:13 PM
Take those scenes out and what do you have? A filler. An episode with Ash and co. helping out a pokemon and a bland character-of-the-day and then leaving on their way to their destination without accomplishing anything. Team Rocket scenes are there to build up to the plot of next week's episode; like I said, the scenes could've very well been put in at the start of said next episode seeing as they had nothing to do with Ash's group. The past three episodes have been fillers with Team Rocket scenes sprinkled on them.

The problem here is, the scenes are there, so who cares? they aren't fillers, that is the bottom line, doesn't matter what you think or what I think, they aren't and that is a fact.

Oh and like Firemaker said, you can use that for a lot of episodes, you take one element out of the episode and it becomes filler, like a pokemon learning a move in an episode and nothing happening in it, pokemon are just spoiled like I always say, specially in this situations were a gap is bigger then what they expected, even with entertaining episode, even if they are complete fillers people whine(not saying you have to like he episodes, you don't even have to like non filller episode, just stating that people whine for every single reason possible, even whine at others for their whining like I'm doing).

On-Topic: One thing that felt weird was indeed(gliscoryanmega) the snot moving like it was a limp or something lol, he was liking Meowth with the snot, weird.

AgentPierce
8th September 2011, 11:12 PM
The problem here is, the scenes are there, so who cares? they aren't fillers, that is the bottom line, doesn't matter what you think or what I think, they aren't and that is a fact.

The stuff the VILLAINS are doing isn't filler but what the main protagonists are getting involved with is the same kind of standalone misadventure the show's always had. Scenes that are relevent to the villains' plans being in that sort of episode doesn't make it not a filler episode. Really, what is with peoples' inability to accept that an episode is a filler? Filler is not automatically a bad thing. There can be good, worthwhile filler or bad, needless filler. I just think that this episode was the latter.

_Taidow_
8th September 2011, 11:58 PM
I have to admit, I felt sad seeing baby Cubchoo being separated from his mother and falling from a cliff with his mother yelling after it.

I do hope these Beartic are migrating and we'll see them later then Ash/Cilan can capture the Cubchoo then.

Juputoru
9th September 2011, 12:12 AM
-The episode starts with a whole bunch of Beartic & Cubchoo fleeing a fire started by a storm. And one of the Cubchoo fell off one of the Beartic's backs! Oh no!
-Later(?), the twerps are walking around a mountain road and noting the storm damage. And Ash notices an injured Cubchoo!
-Meowth find an Oran berry to help Cubchoo, but an angry Beartic appears!
-Actually, make that several angry Beartic!
-Everyone seems to think these are Cubchoo's buddies, but Cubchoo is just plain scared of these Beartic.
-And Meowth decides that now is a good time to be a nyagotiator again. The Beartic...don't seem to agree.
-And then a tornado of brown and tan kicks the Beartic's asses?! Dento somehow identifies what it is before it stops its blindingly fast movements...It's Mienfoo! And then Cliff rushes in to help everyone run away.
-Back at Cliff's house, Cubchoo explains what happened to it, and Cliff explains that there are two...herds? Packs? What do you call a group of bears?...of Beartic in the mountains. Apparently the ones that attacked them aren't supposed to be in this area.
-Cliff suddenly asks the gang if Meowth is their Pokemon, they answer no, and...he takes that as an invitation to try to catch Meowth. That's...kind of a dick move, since he didn't even ask Meowth's opinion on the matter first. Of course, Meowth doesn't stay caught...
-Later, they head through the forest looking for the right group of Beartic, and find a few who seem to be looking for something. Cubchoo doesn't seem too happy to see them, so I'm guessing they're not the right Beartic.
-OH **** A BEAR IS DIRECTLY BEHIND THEM
-Surrounded by angry bears, Ash decides that the best option is to...send out Tepig. Well, I guess it's better than screaming like a girl and fainting.
-Once there's an opening...Iris HAULS *** out of there. Everyone else follows, but damn that woman can run.
-Oh wait, they're surrounded again. And Meowth decides to try negotiating again. And this time he dodges their attacks! ...once.
-All the group's Pokemon start heading down a cliff...and Meowth crashes into Oshawott, and they roll into the others, which results in them turning into a big old ball rolling downhill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR7nX76eRiI)...
-Meanwhile...SUBWAY MASTERS. Their faces still make me think of muppets.
-I'd say that walking along a subway track doesn't seem all that safe, but I guess they WOULD know when the tracks are safest...
-Back with the twerps...their Pokemon are stuck at the bottom of the cliff. And busy trying to encourage Cubchoo.
-And the twerps themselves...discover that a bunch of fruit trees have been ruined! I'm guessing that's why the one pack of Beartic isn't where it ought to be.
-Back with the Pokemon, Pikachu, Meowth, and Oshawott are looking for food...and find some. Conveniently collected on a tree stump. Near a bunch of Beartic. Meowth and Oshawott are overjoyed, but Pikachu is smart enough to stop them in their tracks. Too bad Meowth and Oshawott aren't listening. Luckily, they're gone by the time the Beartic get back.
-Aw, looks like Cubchoo AND Axew were hungry.
-Ahahahahahah Meowth getting a bit skeeved out when Cubchoo thanks him...by...patting him with its snot. I TOLD you people that Cubchoo were gross, but did you listen to me? Noooooo.
-Aaaaaand the Beartic caught up to them.
-Back with the twerps...Beartic have surrounded them!
-Back with that Pokemon, Meowth and Oshawott realize that they jacked the Beartic's food, and Pikachu gives them the "I TOLD YOU SO" of their lives.
-The Beartic are about to give them a beating...when another group of Beartic shows up! And Cubchoo seems happy to see them! Oh, and Cliff and Ash and everyone else is there too.
-How do two colliding Ice Beams create an explosion? Much less one that can knock boulders loose?
-Scratch that, it's even less convincing that water guns/embers can blast apart boulders.
-And of course the Beatic ~work together~ to stop the fourth boulder. And now they're all friends now!
-And the episode ends with...Seger. So close to having TR actually do stuff, and yet so far.

Kind of cute in some parts, but not really all that entertaining or memorable. At least the Subway Masters are looking like an amusing pair, even if their scenes are just more foreshadowing for whatever's gonna happen in the Battle Subway.

MetalFlygon08
9th September 2011, 1:47 AM
I have a feeling all these attempts at catching Meowth are going to give him perfect coverage to escape back to TR.

He could leave a note "You jerks! everywhere I go with you People throw balls at me!"

G50
10th September 2011, 7:19 AM
This episode was interesting. It was great to see Kumasyun and Kojofu for the 1st time. Kojofu really caught my attention when he did the spin, bow, and Martial Arts movements similar to Kung Fu. The facial expressions were such a fun and funny thing to watch throughout the episode, especially Pokabu and Mijumaru's expressions. I absolutely loved seeing Pokabu's *roll eyes* *thinking whatever* when Mijumaru was bragging about getting the berries. Tsunbear showed off Icy Wind. Tsk Tsk when Mijumaru and Meowth were stealing the berries, especially after Pikachu warned them not to. Kojofu's *some sort of* Guard attack was cool to see. Kumasyun was so cute throughout the whole episode. Meowth hated when Kumasyun hit him with his snot, the reaction was priceless. Meowth definitely was a terrible Negotiator, and kept getting blasted with Icy Wind.

80/100

Koh
11th September 2011, 6:39 AM

Oh and like Firemaker said, you can use that for a lot of episodes, you take one element out of the episode and it becomes filler, like a pokemon learning a move in an episode and nothing happening in it, pokemon are just spoiled like I always say, specially in this situations were a gap is bigger then what they expected, even with entertaining episode, even if they are complete fillers people whine(not saying you have to like he episodes, you don't even have to like non filller episode, just stating that people whine for every single reason possible, even whine at others for their whining like I'm doing).

On-Topic: One thing that felt weird was indeed(gliscoryanmega) the snot moving like it was a limp or something lol, he was liking Meowth with the snot, weird.
Well here is where you have to examine the scenes in question. The fact that they're plot-related scenes alone holds no ground. If said scenes only account for about 30 seconds or so of the entire episode, then the entire episode is filler. Why? Quite simply put, there's not enough of the "main plot" involved within that time frame to suddenly change the entire episode into something very important. That said, you could easily watch the next episode without seeing this one, and would be perfectly fine main/villain plot wise. Even if the main thing, that you would allegedly have an episode changed from filler to non-filler, is the acquisition of a new ability, you could still skip over that episode, and figure out for yourself "Oh, X learned Y in the previous episode. I see what they did there." Do you get it? Just the sheer presence of a canonical scene alone isn't enough to categorize an episode as filler or not.

That aside, I do consider this filler. It falls on "meh," in my opinion. I love the screen time Pokabu received, but all in all, he could've just as well gotten as much in the next episode, without this needless filler. And I'm in agreement with AgentPierce here, on the matter of the fact that the small villian scene here could have easily been placed at the very beginning of the next episode.

G50
21st September 2011, 10:11 PM
So the attack the 2 groups used against each other really was Sheer Cold.
Sheer Cold's non-contest looking attack has finally been shown in the Anime.

Were both beams Sheer Cold, or just 1? One of them looked different.

Lance The Champ
23rd September 2011, 12:46 PM
Meowth getting blasted by icy wind again and again was amusing!

CupidKirby
24th September 2011, 2:40 AM
Well here is where you have to examine the scenes in question. The fact that they're plot-related scenes alone holds no ground. If said scenes only account for about 30 seconds or so of the entire episode, then the entire episode is filler. Why? Quite simply put, there's not enough of the "main plot" involved within that time frame to suddenly change the entire episode into something very important. That said, you could easily watch the next episode without seeing this one, and would be perfectly fine main/villain plot wise. Even if the main thing, that you would allegedly have an episode changed from filler to non-filler, is the acquisition of a new ability, you could still skip over that episode, and figure out for yourself "Oh, X learned Y in the previous episode. I see what they did there." Do you get it? Just the sheer presence of a canonical scene alone isn't enough to categorize an episode as filler or not.

So yeah. Basically all pokemon episodes are filler except gym battles/leagues/evil organization confrontations.

And I'm in agreement with AgentPierce here, on the matter of the fact that the small villian scene here could have easily been placed at the very beginning of the next episode.

That's what has been said every episode since the Meowth arc started. And I know it's shocking but episode 46 comes after 45 (and so on). So claiming, that an episode is filler because a scene could've been placed in the next one, for every episode is kind of needless. The scenes have to go somewhere you know. And would you rather they rush through the two-parter episodes because they were too dumb to place some of these scenes in the proceeding four?

Anyway, it was pretty enjoyable but in a different way from the last one. While last week's episode was crack this one was more action-packed so they were both good. It was pretty quick-paced and I liked how there weren't any of those "oh look stairs, let's climb them! Oh now there's a door, let take our time walking out!" shots. Just a smudge more really and I would've found this episode...not rushed, just really full.

Is it just me, or does Ash use Pokabu a lot? But I must say if the little guy can destroy a boulder ten times his size and cause explosions with flipping ember, then I don't mind so much.

Littlemyuu
3rd October 2011, 11:33 PM
First of all, YAY that Cubchoo and Mienfoo are in this episode, Second what i think about this episode.

The begining kinda remind me from a Swablu episode, but still the stormy weather Cubchoo fall off a cliff and the poor thing got lost, When Ash and co. got attacked by the Beartic, i just knew Mienfoo will show up, and use his cool fighting moves, I really like it when Cubchoo put his slime nose bugger close to Meowth and when Meowth all freaked out XD I love the way Mienfoo stands like some monk fighter <3 I loved it too when Mienfoo used Wide guard at the end, made me go wow :P

i loved this episode and just because it got one of the cutest Pokemon in it: Cubchoo!

OnceUponATime
17th December 2011, 12:57 AM
Meowth getting captured AGAIN was interesting... I love how Meowth gets so ticked off!!! XD

lolipiece
17th December 2011, 3:03 PM
Wait, "The Beartic Mountain Feud?"

What's with the "The?"

And why does the word Meowthiator pop up on my Closed Captioning every time Meowth says negotiator?

the1stpkmnfan
17th December 2011, 3:31 PM
Not too bad of an episode, the stray Cubchoo was adorable, and Meowth getting frozen by the Beartic was an enjoyable running gag. Mienfoo was awesome to see in the anime as well.

I'm really looking forward to the Part 1 and 2 of the Nimbasa Train Station arc. I'm sensing a lot of excitement from this invasion by Team Rocket. Also more Emmet and Ingo!

Little Goomba Bulbs Jr.
17th December 2011, 4:30 PM
Good points:
- Pokedex meationing that culbcho evolves into beartic
- Clip amazed by a talking meowth
Bad points:
- No Pansage (would like Pansage to fall into the ditch too)
- Culbcho not using any moves

Good point:
-Flashback of the storm
Bad point:
- Would like the pokedex to say pre-evolved form

Azureth
17th December 2011, 5:37 PM
Weird how Cilan identified Mienfoo when it was a blur.

Seriously, it was just a tornado.

Lol. Meowth almost got caught again.

Beartic are the new Ursaring, I see. Bears that refuse to calm down.

Whoa. Sheer Cold. I think this is the debut of that move.

Medea
17th December 2011, 6:18 PM
I'm not much for this episode really. It was kind of a boring filler all together.

HOWEVER, Cliff's voice actor for the dub amused me. It's OVER 9000 amusing. Christopher Sabat.

SmartD
17th December 2011, 6:30 PM
It's a good episode. Ash and friends help a Cubchoo reunite with it's pack. Meanwhile Team Rocket are about to put their plan into motion.

AuraChannelerChris
17th December 2011, 6:38 PM
Well, it looks like they're reaching Nimbasa city in the next episode. About time. I want to see the Lady Gaga expy Gym Leader.

Eww, Cubchoo's bugger is sentient.

jscholfield
17th December 2011, 10:39 PM
i loved this episode and just because it got one of the most disgusting Pokemon in it: Cubchoo!

Fixed it for you.

uncutpokemon
18th December 2011, 12:19 AM
HOWEVER, Cliff's voice actor for the dub amused me. It's OVER 9000 amusing. Christopher Sabat.

Even more amusing, the voice of his Mienfoo is the one who's power level is OVER 9000! In other words Vegeta now has Goku concealed inside a pokeball.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
18th December 2011, 1:00 AM
Dub was Okay A couple of funny moments with some cheezy jokes and cubchoo's unbearable booger made me just go why is it so close?!! Other than that a good way to end the little meowth arc they had now its time for the subway stuff gym battle ect. (Trying not to spoil stuff for you dub watchers only. :) )

WaterDragon trainer
18th December 2011, 4:57 AM
This episode was ok. Not much else for me to comment on...

vipsoccermaster
18th December 2011, 5:59 AM
Fine episode. Meowth getting frozen as a running gag for this episode was funny.

pokeaussie37
18th December 2011, 6:59 AM
Just watching the episode now..

1. That poor Cubchoo in the beginning falling off the cliff! :(
2. Absolutely loved the Looney Tunes Tasmanian Devil style entrance for Mienfoo! It's a winner!

Edit: As for the rest of the episode, it was alright. Nice to see Iris' fear of ice type Pokemon continued as well as Meowth resisting being caught, that 'cunning' buffoon Oshawott passing off all responsibility of the stolen food to Meowth, and the running gag of Meowth being frozen was nice as well, plus some more good build-up to the Subway episodes. I can't help but think though, that Ingo and Emmet's faces didn't reflect their moods, they seemed all smiles, and almost robotic in their brief moments.

Other than that I only wish that Mienfoo had a bigger role in the episode, but I still liked it nonetheless. And also it seems, let the Tepig focus begin...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th December 2011, 8:25 AM
When the Beartic froze Meowth, did TPCi make a mistake or was that Icy Wind? Because it sure as hell looked like Frost Breath to me

thekorean
18th December 2011, 8:30 AM
Best episode in a long time, Meowth gold like his old comical self.

Agreed with the Tazmanian Devil entrance for Mienfoo.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th December 2011, 8:32 AM
Oh my god, I don't laugh at Pokemon...ever. But the Beartic constantly freezing Meowth is funny. So is Meowth nearly getting caught...again

MidnightMelody
18th December 2011, 2:37 PM
I'm not much for this episode really. It was kind of a boring filler all together.

Where in the world id you get Sabat from? On Bulba it says the mang is Marc Dirasion

I swear when Meowthis not serious his new voice sounds similar to Maddie. Not 100 % but pretty darn close.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
18th December 2011, 2:52 PM
When the Beartic froze Meowth, did TPCi make a mistake or was that Icy Wind? Because it sure as hell looked like Frost Breath to me

It probably was Icy wind since Frost Breath is will probably be used during the 7th gym match hopefully.

matt0044
18th December 2011, 6:50 PM
I was expecting Cliff to yell "Wolf Fang Fist!"

TheSirPeras
18th December 2011, 7:26 PM
lol meowth getting frozen is so funny x'D its one of those not funny things that actually make us laugh XD

_Taidow_
18th December 2011, 11:04 PM
Weird how Cilan identified Mienfoo when it was a blur.

Seriously, it was just a tornado.

Lol. Meowth almost got caught again.

Beartic are the new Ursaring, I see. Bears that refuse to calm down.

Whoa. Sheer Cold. I think this is the debut of that move.

Nope Solidad's Lapras used it in the Kanto Grand Festival as an appeal.

Sapphire Kirby
19th December 2011, 12:12 AM
This was another fun episode with Meowth and the twerps. I really enjoy these episodes. I missed Meowth’s humor, mannerisms, and sayings.

Too bad this is the final episode that he acts like himself: by next episode he’ll be back to his emotionless BW version. You don’t know how much you miss something until it is gone.

For this episode’s new Pokémon, it made me like Meinfoo a lot more. Hopefully it’ll get a bigger role in the future. I do feel that its Tasmanian devil entrance was lazy animating though. As for Cubchoo, I am disappointed that it constantly has a snot drop. I was hoping it would stay in its nose for part of the time. The thing must have major nose control to keep its snot hanging so uniformly from its nose for so long.

Cliff comes off very inconsiderate trying to immediately catch Meowth like that. No battle, no questions, just chuck the Pokéball. I bet he was thinking “It’s just a Pokémon, its opinion doesn’t matter. Even though it can talk I shouldn’t have to listen to its feelings on the issue.” At least Meowth is tired of this gag too. And the poor cat keeps on getting blasted with Icy Wind, too.

Perhaps its karma for his future acts.

Other things I enjoyed from this episode were Iris’ fear of Beartic and the Pokémon interacting with each other. For the former, I enjoyed the continuity with Iris’ fear and being out of her element, so to speak. Seeing the badass snarker become timid is interesting to see. As for the latter, I like how both Oshawott and Meowth are the greedy ones that don’t care for the consequences as a contrast to the more level headed Pikachu and Tepig. Oshawott and Meowth make a fun duo.

I can’t wait until Tepig learn Flamethrower; I’m tired of pretending that Ember is a credible attack.

I wonder if the subway twins ever thought to call the police and buff up security due to the Ghost Train. Are they too proud to admit they need help?

And finally, Jessie’s last line was overly dramatic. “Soon Nimbasa City will be consumed with fear and chaos. Good times.” Really girl, you’re just stealing some Pokémon with a train; this isn’t terrorism!

Venomfang
19th December 2011, 12:40 AM
Wow, great episode title....

OnceUponATime
19th December 2011, 5:36 AM
Watched this yesterday. It was pretty funny with Meowth getting frozen, as some of you said before me. Meowth.... Almost getting caught.... Again. Iris should have tried again and it actually worked xD. Jessie and James would have had a fit! hahaha. Pikachu, Oshawott, Tepig, Meowth, Axew, and Cubchoo's interaction was really nice. Overall good episode!

Pika Hikari KT
19th December 2011, 8:31 AM
Where in the world id you get Sabat from? On Bulba it says the mang is Marc Dirasion

Their Zoro voices are pretty similar, I was confused the whole episode whether it was Sabat or not. Oh, and he confirmed it yesterday. :)

_Snivy
20th December 2011, 3:27 AM
It was a very good episode. I personally liked it a lot. 4.5/5

I loved the appearance of Mienfoo and the Beartics were really cute. :) It was a typical two clans dispute that ended well.

Once again, I loved it. :)

Earthia100
20th December 2011, 5:36 AM
I'm waiting for James to say something like "I don't feel comfortable stealing all these Pokemon!"

Jesse "It's our job! We've been doing it for years!"

James "But we never actually succeeded did we?!"

Jesse "oh, right..."

Masterge77
20th December 2011, 4:20 PM
I missed this episode when it aired, and because of that, I need to ask, how did they pronounce Mienfoos name in the episode, it's one of the hardest Pokemon names to pronounce, and I've always pronounced it "Mine-foo"

_Taidow_
20th December 2011, 11:22 PM
I missed this episode when it aired, and because of that, I need to ask, how did they pronounce Mienfoos name in the episode, it's one of the hardest Pokemon names to pronounce, and I've always pronounced it "Mine-foo"

"Me-en-foo" Mienfoo.

Orton155
21st December 2011, 12:20 AM
So we join the gang on a mountain after a fierce storm. They find a cubchoo which has became lost from its beartic gang so they decide to try and help them. They meet a mountain ranger who tells them that there is in fact two beartic gangs and they don't get along which is strange and they soon discover it is due to a food shortage.

Eventually, the two gangs clash. Cubchoo is happy to see his gang but the two gangs arent happy to see each other so they explode into sheer colds which causes a land slide which is crashing straight into the pokemon! So they work together to save the pokemon and they become best of friends.

Meanwhile the subway bosses are trying to find the 'ghost train' made by team rocket but at the moment to no available.

I enjoyed this episode. Bring on the next one :D.

Dephender
21st December 2011, 1:59 AM
I'm waiting for James to say something like "I don't feel comfortable stealing all these Pokemon!"

Jesse "It's our job! We've been doing it for years!"

James "But we never actually succeeded did we?!"

Jesse "oh, right..."

They did that back in Kanto, in the Digda episode :P

"Let's try a sneak attack, like we usually do!"
"Do we usually win?"
"...no."

Battra
22nd December 2011, 4:57 AM
Not a bad episode as opposed to the last couple of ones, it's nice to see them actually doing something that's actually believable in the world of Pokemon. I'd say the only annoying part was Oshawott he just seemed out of place in this episode.

gliscor&yanmega
22nd December 2011, 9:56 PM
Finally watched this episode.

I enjoyed the episode, a little more then the Japanese version, just because I love Meowth's dub voice.

For some reason I was expecting Cubchoo to sound exactly as it did.

Mienfoo's dub voice was fine but I wasn't crazy about it. Nice to hear the pronunciation of it's name, I wasn't ever sure how it was suppose to be pronounced I always jokingly referred to it as "My-in-fo/My info" just because every time I look at the name and try and pronounce it, that's how it came out as, haha.

Cliff sounded nice, although I wouldn't have expected him with that voice.

BurningSociety12345543210
23rd December 2011, 12:54 AM
"Me-en-foo" Mienfoo.

Actually it was "myen-foo".

Moonlight Amaryllis
24th December 2011, 8:51 PM
Second post, yay!

This episode was exellent, in my opinion. No stupidity, no rush. It got right down with action and humor. yay! I love Mienfoo, and this ep was good because of Mienfoo. I also learned how to pronounce the name. Cubchoo were always fun for me, I dubbed them "Fuffle" because that's their cry in the game. So I was like "It's a wild Fuffle! Run for your life!"

LOL I'm random. Meowth getting caught (almost, anyways) and then popping out and screaming that it was getting old was totally awesome. Oshawott and Meowth are so funny together, I think I might of broke a rib laughing. Good ep, very good!

ChildofEarth
28th February 2012, 12:04 AM
I'm surprised Chris Sabat was in this. Him as Vegeta made me think he would be the last person to voice in Pokemon.

wobbanut
28th August 2012, 5:13 AM
This episode was so cute. ^_^ Even knowing what cubchoo's... uh, snot bubble... is, it's still a great episode. I like Meowth's more warm and fuzzy episodes. It's nice to see him actually interacting with the twerps in a nice way too, even considering we know the boom's about to drop.

9/10

PokemonNation2000
30th October 2012, 2:32 AM
Chris Sabat's only cameo in Pokemon to date (probably his only one for a while or at all, too), and may I say I am happy TPCi did something I like here out of the many things they've really taken away from the dub's quality. Though, that voice is not the right one for Cliff anyway (is it just me or does Cliff look like he took a wee bit too many drugs and is on crack? XD). Anyway, that's the animators fault and not TPCi's, so I do not blame them at all.

Cliff had a good voice actually (it's rare I say that about someone in this dub, but he did), Ash's voice is passable as always but nothing special in the BW Saga, Cilan is the same and really bland with Griffith, Eileen is horrible at Iris as always). But who REALLY dropped the ball here (and may I just say is extremely agitating) is James Cathcart's Meowth in this episode. Seriously, he's freaking horrible at emoting with this character, and this episode just shows that. Miserable at Meowth's soft side is putting it very lightly here IMHO. -_-

Lisa Ortiz's generic voice for Oshawott does little to help aid matters, and there's little to no chemistry between those two voices at all.

Sub: 75/100
Dub: 50/100 (Standout: Chris Sabat's Cliff)

Lorde
18th December 2013, 1:08 AM
I didn't really like this filler; it was just really predictable with the whole separated Pokemon thing. Even Meowth's involvement didn't make the episode any more unique imo. There were some highlights though. I loved seeing the Beartic on four legs for instance; I always assumed they were bipedal. And seeing that forest ranger guy attempt to catch Meowth was funny. Even Ingo and Emmet's cameos were nice. However, the episode was too crowded with Pokemon. Not only did we have the missing Cubchoo along with the usual Pokemon like Pikachu, Axew, and Meowth, but Mienfoo, Tepig, and Oshawott were also involved and with the angry Beartic running around the forest too, this episode was a bit too full of Pokemon for my tastes.

PokemontrainerY
22nd December 2013, 9:10 AM
This episode starts with Ash and others on a mountain after a storm. There they find a Cubchoo who has became lost from it's beartic group, so they decides to help it to runiting with it's group. They meet a mountain ranger, Cliff. He tells them that there's two gangs of Beartic, who does not get along well. Then he tries to catch MEOWTH, (This time it's not Iris!) but thankfully he breaks out of the Pokéball.
Later, the two gangs fights. The lost Cubchoo is happy after seeing it's group, but the two groups aren't happy to see each other. so they starts batelling and uses sheer colds, which causes four boulders to crashing and falling towards the Pokemon! Ash's Pikachu, Tepig, Oshawott destroys three boulders and the both Beartic groups work together to destroy the last boulder. I'm glad both groups become good friends in the end.

Overall this episode was pretty good,
I enjoyed watching it. The scene where the mountain ranger tries to catch Meowth was funny.