Rare Candy x4
Engineer's Adjustment x2
Professor Oak's New Theory x2
Professor Elm's Training Method x2
Fisherman x3
Pokemon Collector x2

Energy
Water x15

(The strategy isn't totally necessary for you to read if you understand what I'm trying to do just by reading the decklist, but if you have major criticisms perhaps read it just in case you don't see my perspective of the deck :) )

It's quite a common strategy to use Feraligatr's impressive Rain Dance ability to have unlimited water energies added, Blastoise with Wash Out allowing the movement of your water energies also seen often, so I'm just looking for critique on the rest of my deck. The first thing that I went with to compliment these two evolution sets was three rare candies, very useful for skipping the rather awkward Stage 1 pokemon, which is also why I only included two copies of each Stage 1. Along with the previous tactic, the lucky opportunity of setting up Pokemon Communication, Professor Elm's Training Method/Another Communication, and Rare Candy can get either of these out in as little as one turn.

Another obvious point is how Feraligatr and Blastoise both contain useful attacks, Hydro Crunch and Hydro Launcher respectively, setting up an easy two turn KO or sniper respectively. The disadvantage being the difficulty of setting up a Stage 2 so simply, and having the surplus of energies to use them. That's why I have a few basics that can back them up/prove useful.

Delibird, with it's Snowy Present attack, allows the user to draw one card for every water energy on their side of the field, which in synergy with Rain Dance, can have tremendous results. The purpose of this pokemon is to effectively continue drawing until satisfied with the cards I need to execute a decent strategy, and gather the water energies/trainers for it. While the downside is how quickly you can lower your deck and risk losing to deck out, Professor Oak's New Theory is the fallback card if I need to bulk my deck up to eliminate that possibility.

Alomomola I find incredible to use with this deck. A basic pokemon, 100 HP, and the attack Hydro Pump allows it to do 40 damage, plus 10 for each water energy on it. With rain dance, the possibilities range from 70-220 damage, clearly proving it's worth in the deck as a main fighter.

Ho-oh Legend is obviously a black lamb in the deck. While the main reason for it's usage is it's Rainbow Wing allowing any energy to become a Fire Energy, creating the opportunity for Rain Dance to attach 4 water energies for 100 Damage is somewhat noobish, I have another reason. A major downfall of this deck is how easily they'll be prone to grass/electric type pokemon. With Ho-Oh having a water weakness, and advantage over a majority of grass types, it creates a little more diversity and ability to counter the unlucky chance I encounter a grass/electric deck.

All that I find a setback in this deck while considering the above is energies. 18 is a sufficient number, but many of these pokemon rely on having a massive amount of energies in play/used to serve their potential. If one of these pokemon were knocked out, I could take a harsh blow from the decrease in available energies. That's why I keep Energy Retrieval/Fisherman to replenish the energies and/or get some extra energy if I can't manage to draw what I need.

ven?
11th September 2011, 6:58 AM
Take out the ho-oh put in 2 reshiram, it's faster, allows you more options, and a nice starter wall (and you don't technically need fire energy in the deck, blue flare is useless in this option, I see it as 140 max versus 100 max).

Hopalong
11th September 2011, 3:52 PM
I see what you're suggesting, though I'm not sure I'm totally sold. While looking at them in their singularity, Reshiram is better, but since I'd only use Outrage, it's range is 20-140, only able to reach that max if you manage to survive with just 10 HP; in contrast Ho-Oh is 100.

You said it allows you more options, but what are you referring to is what's making me curious? The only major difference I see is Pokemon Communication, but are you seeing something else?

Dark-Paladin-Duelist
11th September 2011, 8:15 PM
It specifically states in Rain Dance's text that it can only attach to Water types. If you want to play a Legend Pokemon, Kyorge Groundon would be a better choice.

ven?
14th September 2011, 5:05 AM
Dude, why do I care about some slow teir 3-4 strategy against a t1 teir 1 strategy.

How is reshiram flexible, reshiram can sit there and wait until you're opponent attacks you for you to tko them right back and then they're forced to bring some half setup card, that usually can't use or they can, with rescue under reshi or dce it can come back allowing that wall startegy to come back, so in otherwords the first person who strike's lose's, not to mention but with the popularity or yanmega and surperior it is a valid attacker. so type advantage, and a fent to get the upper hand, what orther use's does reshi have? And with an additonal 2 energy it has 120 versus ho-oh's 4 energy 100, not to mention but he's right, feraligator has this stipulation, water pokemon only. And did I forget to mention but if ho-oh dies thats 2 prizes if reshi die's thats 1. You can only use one half of KGL and that is a mill strategy that hasn't proven it's effectiveness in competitive versus reshi who made it to worlds 2011, nuff sed.

Charze
17th September 2011, 7:58 PM
In the debate between whose better in this deck, reshi or ho oh, i wont comment. I would consider putting in mantine, so you can search for a water pkm. You may want to take out ho oh since rain dance wont work with it. Alomomola may work as an alright shield but still not as much health as reshi, but a good attacking potential

ven?
17th September 2011, 10:29 PM
Alomomola is like Audino, they can pull out 1 tko at minimum, if they're played at the right time they can sweep you're opponent's pokemon.

Hopalong
18th September 2011, 5:20 PM
First I wanna say thanks, I always miss one small detail in my cards that ruins a strategy, so that would've messed me up xD

Also my deck list changed a little w/ 2 collectors and a fourth rare candy.

With what's been said about Ho-oh I see it's setbacks. Since I don't have any Reshiram on me and I doubt Kyogre/Groudon Legend would benefit my deck much since it doesn't focus on a mill, I'll be looking around for trading Reshiram or if I can find a different wall myself.

I've tried Mantine and honestly it's more beneficial to just fall back on Pokemon Collectors and Communications, since mantine can only get you one pokemon a turn, and it'll cost you your attack for the turn.

Game Pro
18th September 2011, 11:27 PM
great deck your gonna do some good damage

ven?
21st September 2011, 1:11 AM
Hmm you could also try cleffa hgss, smeargle UD, zekrom bw (same strategy different type), tornadus ep, buffolant bw, thats all that comes to mind.

blue1sq
25th September 2011, 1:45 AM
If you are going to have 4 rare candies in your deck, I would play a 3-1-3 with blastoise and feralagtr and replace the middle evolutions you take out with something that lets you search for cards: Bebe's Search, Twins, Roseanne's research, etc...Maybe even replace the alomomola's with a 2-0-2 Samurott (ability) line.

ven?
26th September 2011, 1:02 AM
Actually he can always run a 4-4-4 line with 4 communications, he just communications the stage 1 for a stage 2 and rare candy in you're hand, it's not much of an issue. And bebes and roseanne's are unlimited cards so no.

Charze
2nd October 2011, 1:55 AM
It specifically states in Rain Dance's text that it can only attach to Water types.

While this is true, if you still really wanted to use Ho-oh, Blastoise's Washout is still an option if Ho-oh is active, then you can switch the waters(soon to be fire) to Ho-oh

Hopalong
2nd October 2011, 3:12 AM
I like the samurott strategy, considering it's useful in practically any water deck, though it'd take some time to renovate the deck unless I took the idea of completely cutting out stage 1 pokemon(even then some rearranging). Though I think one stage one per deck would be a good idea considering I only get 4 rare candies, and my deck lacks any trainer retrieval cards.

I was also questioning using switch trainers, considering the multitude of high retreat cost pokemon in my deck, plus the versatility of wash out, could they complement the deck?

Also considering ven's wall idea I realized that alomomola would suffice for a wall, being a basic, not too mention it can put pokemon to sleep and stack major damage.

ven?
2nd October 2011, 4:36 AM
While this is true, if you still really wanted to use Ho-oh, Blastoise's Washout is still an option if Ho-oh is active, then you can switch the waters(soon to be fire) to Ho-oh

Again lose 2 prize's and do 100 versus t4, lose 1 prize and do 120/20+ additional damage t3.

I like the samurott strategy, considering it's useful in practically any water deck, though it'd take some time to renovate the deck unless I took the idea of completely cutting out stage 1 pokemon(even then some rearranging). Though I think one stage one per deck would be a good idea considering I only get 4 rare candies, and my deck lacks any trainer retrieval cards.

I was also questioning using switch trainers, considering the multitude of high retreat cost pokemon in my deck, plus the versatility of wash out, could they complement the deck?

Also considering ven's wall idea I realized that alomomola would suffice for a wall, being a basic, not too mention it can put pokemon to sleep and stack major damage.

For samurott I just suggest getting rid of blastoise and just running samurott, if you want to snipe then put in some pokemon catcher as they just drag out the pokemon to deal the damage (much like the luxchomp strategy), then use junk arm to get additional catcher back so at 4 catcher and 4 junk arm it gives you 8 snipe's, plus the fact that samurott can do 2 thing's that blastoise can't, reduce damage taken and deal X amount per damage given so you can easily exceed the 100 dmg that blastoise has at a faster rate with the fprime.

yes to switch, it's probably going to be a very useful card in this deck

IF you're concerned about damage taken you can try an additional idea running renuiclus and max potion,where you just build up damage counter's on fprime and heal the damage counter's off of him considering that he's just a tech and isn't supposed to have any energy on him. This strategy allows using samurott and alomomola much more efficiently without having to worry about damage, then run a single reshiram or zekrom tech to deal automatic ohko damage.

Dark Shiny Charizard
2nd October 2011, 7:06 PM
I heard a lot of people saying that the opponent gets 2 prize cards when they knock out Ho-Oh Legend, and I just wanted to let you guys know that is incorrect.

Ho-Oh and Lugia Legend are the only legend cards that are 1 prize only if KOed. The rest are 2 because they represent 2 pokemon.

ven?
4th October 2011, 1:21 AM
Thank you for the correction, however regardless of the fact of needed 2 sides to set it up and t4 attack, to slow.