PDA

View Full Version : Battle For The Underground (709)

Serebii
15th September 2011, 9:40 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/709.jpgHigh-Speed! Battle Subway! Part Two

With the subway going awry, Ash & Co have met up with the Subway Masters Emmet & Ingo who are helping them to get to the trains with their Pokémon on. However, things are not as easy as it seems as Meowth has betrayed them and the train is getting further and further away, with Nimbasa City cut off from the rest of Unova. Will Ash & Co. manage to get their Pokémon back?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/bestwishes/709.shtml)

Discuss

Serebii
15th September 2011, 9:40 AM
This thread is just for discussion of Part Two of the episode. For discussion of Part One;
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=13435110#post13435110

Yeul
15th September 2011, 11:26 AM
Meowth, you evil bastard.

Aura Flare Riolu
15th September 2011, 11:27 AM
Meowth! HOW COULD YOU! :(

I knew something like this would happen but still...

playerking
15th September 2011, 11:27 AM
Another previously on Pokemon, well this one was expected.

Lots of Ghost Trains now. Team Rocket are doing well for this chase, really well.

Ash sees the real train, is it the real one?

Zager is in a motherflipping helicopter, everyone's arguments are invalid.

Missingno. Master
15th September 2011, 11:28 AM
Damn you, Meowth...

Aura Flare Riolu
15th September 2011, 11:29 AM
Pikachu has a PokeBall in his hand. Hmm wonder what's inside?

realarcastform
15th September 2011, 11:31 AM
Well Pikachu is trying at least inside the train. He has his hands on a pokeball, I'm guessing it's empty.

playerking
15th September 2011, 11:31 AM
Anville town is being mentioned a lot and Iris is annoyed at Cilan, except now she has a reason. This is not the time CILAN!

I think Pikachu wants Ash's Pokeballs. Snivy comes out and so does Excadrill and so does Dwebble.

realarcastform
15th September 2011, 11:32 AM
He got Snivy out!!! Now Pikachu is using his head, out comes Dwebble!

Aura Flare Riolu
How in the heck do they get the right PokeBall out of all of those? Wow...

lolipiece
Time for a combo attack!

Yeul
15th September 2011, 11:34 AM
DWEBBLE SAVES THE DAY, sort of. And Pikachu's brimming with hatred.

Aura Flare Riolu
15th September 2011, 11:34 AM
Eelektross SIGHTING!

playerking
15th September 2011, 11:35 AM
Eelektross appears.

Darn, Oshawott, Scraggy and Tepig didn't appear, but I guess this means, oh wait, when did Pansage come out?

realarcastform
15th September 2011, 11:36 AM
Sort of is right, they found themselves in a bit of a stalemate.

Victory
15th September 2011, 11:37 AM
So Pansage didn't appear? Darn...

realarcastform
15th September 2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah Pikachu wants to exact revenge on the traitor! I would too. Whoa Roggenrola!!

lolipiece
Now the combo begins!

playerking
So Pansage didn't appear? Darn...

He did.

Wait, am I the only one who noticed that Pansage, Snivy and Excadrill are all out at the same time again.

Tepig and Roggnerola are out!

Cool, a lot of the Pokemon are out at the same time. Come on Ash and co., catch up to Team Rocket. This chase is getting even more epic. I wonder what Team Rocket are planning.

lolipiece
15th September 2011, 11:42 AM
Scraggy?...Hello? You forgot him and Stunfisk...Emolga too...

Aura Flare Riolu
15th September 2011, 11:43 AM
Hey it's Chandelure!

Yeul
15th September 2011, 11:43 AM
Chandelure sounds like it's having an orgasm, a la Panty.

realarcastform
15th September 2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah Tepig, Roggenrola, and Axew work awesome together.

lolipiece
15th September 2011, 11:48 AM
Yay. Flamethrower...that's unique...

realarcastform
Yeah Pikachu zap them!! Come writers this is driving me nuts, let him zap them!!

Aura Flare Riolu
Aww I was so hoping for Team Rocket to blast off...oh well. Maybe next time.

PhoenixFlame12
15th September 2011, 11:50 AM
Man, Pikachu was not happy lol

Maybe this explains his attuitude in the gym battle..

Very entertaining two-parter regardless

playerking
15th September 2011, 11:50 AM
Aww I was so hoping for Team Rocket to blast off...oh well. Maybe next time.

They don't blast off anymore.

Thank gosh for Tepig learning Flamethrower, I thought that Ember looked different.

dman_dustin
15th September 2011, 12:08 PM
Oh god yes Roggenrola, the episode is infinitely better just for the Roggenrola appearance, thank GOD!!!

The episodes by plot alone seem rather boring. But I still found it pretty fun.

This is going to be the only time I will praise Pikachu because soon its going to be shoved down our throat, but I LOVE that we actually saw Pikachu being clever and being sort of boss Pokemon. Sorry Pikachu, but this is going to be it for a long time before I praise you again.

Also love Snivy in this, she was very helpful, as was Excadrill and whole lot of other Pokemon.

But Roggenrola, oh thank you for showing up.

One thing I am disappointed, aside from Meowth going back to TR, I'm a little upset that nothing happened of major importance. It really was a glorified "Get Pokemon" scheme.

Where's Team Plasma when you need them?

Edit: By the way for those who don't know Oshawott and Scraggy kind of did appear, Pikachu was cycling through Pokemon (Ash's) before choosing Dwebble to help them. So if we go by what we know Ash's current team in this episode is Pikachu, Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, Scraggy, and Roggenrola.

Pepsi_Plunge
15th September 2011, 12:27 PM
OMG fuuuuuuuck I fell asleep, tks for the info guys, lots of pokemons appearing :D, Tepig gets Flamethrower nice I don't care if they others had it, its the natural upgrade to Ember and I like it.

Roggenrole too :D, almost all the team pokemons appeared? fokin awesome.

damn looking forward to watch the episodes.

RandomOne
15th September 2011, 12:43 PM
Finally a new Tepig move :)

Yeul
15th September 2011, 1:50 PM
Pepsi, I can see you using my censor bypass! Why can't people get their own instead of taking my treasured fock?

Pepsi_Plunge
15th September 2011, 3:28 PM
Pepsi, I can see you using my censor bypass! Why can't people get their own instead of taking my treasured fock?

:D.

Saw the pics on Filb, really looks like a fun episode it was awesome that almost all pokemons did something, I kinda would like for Snivy to release everyone but Scraggy/Oshawott/Emolga with their personalities would probably mess up stuff instead of helping lol, I liked Pikachu though process.

Poor Stunfisk he is a good boy why didn't they release him of the pokeball too :(.

Damn still didn't find the torrent of the episode :(, I wantz to watch it.

Thriller
15th September 2011, 3:47 PM
What is this? Ingo has Chandelure and Emmet has Eelektross (or vice-versa)? I would have expected one to have Braviary and Mandibuzz or Reuniclus and Gothitelle.

Well, these episodes sounded pretty exciting, glad to hear Tepig learned Flamethrower, still feeling like it'll evolve first (inb4biancaspignite). Can't wait for these to be dubbed, and watch Saturday mornings before work.

Caseydia
15th September 2011, 3:57 PM
People need to get over Meowth. If you don't know him by now then you need to go back and watch every single Rocket episode again. I always felt Meowth didn't seem right in the group in the first place. For one, he wasn't captured, nor did he hardly battled.

uber gon
15th September 2011, 3:58 PM
Wonder how Ingo can control a Chandelure? Is he Chuck Norris or something?

pkGamerB
15th September 2011, 7:20 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. I love episodes where the gang's Pokemon interact with one another, so I thought it was pretty cool how they all worked together to break free, especially without their trainers giving the commands. Pikachu was awesome in this episode too, the way he kept a level head and figured out the best way to escape (I especially liked the scene where we saw his thought process behind choosing Dwebble over the other Pokemon). Also, yay for a Roggenrola appearance! This episode made me like it a little more than I did.

I can't believe I missed the fact that Tepig was using Flamethrower when I first watched it. I recognize the Japanese word for it when I hear it, but it didn't even register for me.

On a completely random note, am I the only one who likes the sound Pansage makes when he does Bullet Seed in the Japanese version? :P

Shego
15th September 2011, 7:28 PM
So Meowth goes back to his old wicked ways and rejoins Team Rocket. Pikachu was right. Ash and the others would have listen to him from the beginning. Hopefully that Pikachu forgives his friends for doubting him. Ash's a type a person that wants to see the goodness inside of everyone. I'm so glad that Pikachu chosen Ash as sweet and great trainer. I miss the old Team Rocket blast off.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
15th September 2011, 7:54 PM
Damn it meowth.
Anyway Its pretty cool now that tepig learned flamethrower hopfully he'll us it wisely.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!
15th September 2011, 8:06 PM
I liked the first part better. It had more drama to it.

This episode did not go as I predicted it would. It was allright I guess, but episodes that do not go as I predict are the ones I don't care for.

This episode gets a 6/10.

Hikari Paradise
15th September 2011, 8:49 PM
The whole train chase just seemed to go on forever but it was still cool. By the way does anyone know if that was Anville Town at the end of the episode because it sure looked like it.

_Taidow_
15th September 2011, 8:55 PM
I like how the pokemon know which one of their friends are in their pokeball. Pikachu being a natural leader was awesome to see again, even Excadrill listened to him lol.

Pikachu felt very betrayed by Meowth, anyone know the little conversation between Ash and Meowth and why Ash smiled when Mewoth flew away?

LaymanX
15th September 2011, 9:17 PM
Some people were hoping to see Meowth feel bad about betraying Ash.

All we got was a 3 second scene of Meowth a "Why'd it have to be this way?" face and Meowth shaking his head when Ash told Meowth that traveling with him was a lot of fun.
That might be enough to recycle this plot line several episodes down the road though. Maybe. I wouldn't count on it, and more likely than not this will never be mentioned again.

It looks like Team Rocket won't be appearing for many many episodes though.

G50
15th September 2011, 9:24 PM
This episode was much better than the 1st to me. It was great to see Shibirudon and Shandera for the 1st time. Shandera had a much cooler voice in the Anime, and it doesn't hurt the ears. Pikachu was very bright in this episode. He was able to free Tsutarja, Doryuzu, Ishizumai, Yanappu, Pokabu, Roggenrola, and was able to calm Kibago down. Pikachu came up with a great plan to break down the door, and it worked. It was funny when Pikachu was coming up with the plan, and the thought bubble was crossing out and circling his ideas until he came up with the right plan. TR was very clever sending out several decoys to fool people. It was sad to see Kibago crying for Iris. Pokabu finally learned Flamethrower! ^__^. It was very smart for Tsutarja to use Vine Whip to change the tracks twice. Pikachu had a very mean and angry look on his face when he confronted Meowth. Dent was funny at the end going crazy over the Battle Subways... Shandera's Pshychic power looked really cool.

78/100

_Taidow_
15th September 2011, 9:28 PM
This episode was much better than the 1st to me. It was great to see Shibirudon and Shandera for the 1st time. Shandera had a much cooler voice in the Anime, and it doesn't hurt the ears. Pikachu was very bright in this episode. He was able to free Tsutarja, Doryuzu, Ishizumai, Yanappu, Pokabu, Roggenrola, and was able to calm Kibago down. Pikachu came up with a great plan to break down the door, and it worked. It was funny when Pikachu was coming up with the plan, and the thought bubble was crossing out and circling his ideas until he came up with the right plan. TR was very clever sending out several decoys to fool people. It was sad to see Kibago crying for Iris. Pokabu finally learned Flamethrower! ^__^. It was very smart for Tsutarja to use Vine Whip to change the tracks twice. Pikachu had a very mean and angry look on his face when he confronted Meowth. Dent was funny at the end going crazy over the Battle Subways... Shandera's Pshychic power looked really cool, I believe it was the move Telekinesis instead of the usual Psychic.

78/100

Nope it was Psychic. Psychic makes a blue aura, Telekinesis makes a green aura.

Notice int he Audino episode with Solosis and his Psychic compared to Gothita and her Telekinesis. Also, professor Icarus' Elgyem used Telekinesis.

Shneak
15th September 2011, 9:37 PM
I was really rooting for Team Rocket to be successful. Of course, I knew they wouldn't, but they're elaborate plan was so close, even if it was as mundane as stealing Pokemon.

gliscor&yanmega
15th September 2011, 9:45 PM
I enjoyed part 2 just as much as part 1.

I like how Pikachu kind of took charge and was telling everyone what to do. I kind of feel bad for it, it seems pretty hurt when it learned Meowth wasn't really their friend.

Tepig learning Flamethrower is nice, while it's not that interesting of a move it's still more power for the thing which I'm fine with.

I wish we could have seen everyone's Pokemon helping out, but at less we got some Pokemon from Ash, Cilan, and Iris working together, it could have just been Pikachu and Axew(And maybe Pansage).

Eelektross and Chandelure were cool, the latter sounded kind of feminine to me...I wish Pokemon would just have their gender placed on them(As weird as it may look).

I really enjoyed this special, even more so that there's no break following it so we get yet another episode next week.

XXD17
15th September 2011, 9:51 PM
I actually really liked how chandelure sounded feminine...it's a great contrast to how masculine lampent sounds...

Shneak
15th September 2011, 10:09 PM
Tepig learned Flamethrower? I didn't even notice. It looked like a stronger Ember.

The Great Butler
15th September 2011, 10:50 PM
Does anyone know what was said between Zager and the trio at the end? A hint to the future may have been there.

I'm very disappointed that the Nyagotiator arc, which had so much potential, worked out in an anticlimactic way that threw out most potential character development. They wasted all that potential on four poor fillers and "LOL I was lying" almost feels like a complete cop-out. What was the point of it all, to get him into the Poké Ball storage room? They've done that so effortlessly before that there was no need for it to be so complicated this time. I sincerely hope Ash is not stupid enough to ever fall for this again and the Nyagotiator thing becomes a bad memory.

Jessie and James were pretty impressive, on the other hand. While they still could use their personalities and black uniforms back, this level of competence is what we should be seeing from them. Zager flying in and attempting to pick up the train right off the tracks with his helicopter was the exact moment he established himself as a truly threatening villain, and also provided an excellent climax to the episode. We need more like this, so I hope the Kami Trio plot ends up as exciting. I wouldn't mind a direct confrontation with Zager if Giovanni never returns.

streetlightdsb
15th September 2011, 11:15 PM
Tepig has learned Flamethrower =)
Praise the lord!I don't care how "unoriginal" or "boring" it is, I just wanted to see Tepig with a strong move. I was sick of Ember being spammed.

You're Irish, say 'Feck' :P

I can't believe people are surprised Meowth was a traitor... Joe told as as soon as it was mentioned that Meowth said "leave it to me" or whatever it was, in that episode, and it should have been completely obvious really.

Poke Master 7
16th September 2011, 12:51 AM
Does anyone know what was said between Zager and the trio at the end? A hint to the future may have been there.

I'm very disappointed that the Nyagotiator arc, which had so much potential, worked out in an anticlimactic way that threw out most potential character development. They wasted all that potential on four poor fillers and "LOL I was lying" almost feels like a complete cop-out. What was the point of it all, to get him into the Poké Ball storage room? They've done that so effortlessly before that there was no need for it to be so complicated this time. I sincerely hope Ash is not stupid enough to ever fall for this again and the Nyagotiator thing becomes a bad memory.

Jessie and James were pretty impressive, on the other hand. While they still could use their personalities and black uniforms back, this level of competence is what we should be seeing from them. Zager flying in and attempting to pick up the train right off the tracks with his helicopter was the exact moment he established himself as a truly threatening villain, and also provided an excellent climax to the episode. We need more like this, so I hope the Kami Trio plot ends up as exciting. I wouldn't mind a direct confrontation with Zager if Giovanni never returns.Yea and you want to know what the worst thing is? All of the Nyagotiator episodes were complete filler aside from the first. In each of those episodes, Meowth's role could have been filled with either a COD or POD and the end result would have been exactly the same. This entire thing just seems like it only existed to troll the new viewers who don't already know that any form of a TR splitting up plot goes nowhere. Heck we could have just skipped those episodes and we'd have reached Nimbasa City 4 weeks earlier. So in other words, this whole mini arc was entirely pointless because Ash will never learn that Meowth will never actually change no matter how nice they are to him.

AgentPierce
16th September 2011, 12:55 AM
What was the point of it all, to get him into the Poké Ball storage room? They've done that so effortlessly before that there was no need for it to be so complicated this time.

No, it was to get Pikachu and the other of Ash's Pokemon into the room. It was all to capture them.

Zager flying in and attempting to pick up the train right off the tracks with his helicopter was the exact moment he established himself as a truly threatening villain, and also provided an excellent climax to the episode.

Yeah, I really loved how directly involved with the action Dr. Zager became. I expected him to just be sitting it out, controlling the event from behind the scenes, but no, he actually flew his damn helicopter in to partake in the chase. Very impressive.

Pokefan 2000
16th September 2011, 1:23 AM
i would love for pikachu rage and hurt over meowth betrayal to be adressed later on in a future episode having pikachu snap next time he see him and ruthlessly attacking him over and over again but then again this is pokemon and the writers never allow the characters to keep any negative emotions for long look at ash he never stays angry nor was he outraged like pikachu was.

look at castorm debut episode at an example team magma petty much won in that episode but instead of it ending dramatially like the did with the team galatic episode orb episode it ends with another stupid brock gang.

Raynecat
16th September 2011, 1:44 AM
@Pokefan_2000 - I'm moderately sure Ash wasn't outraged because he either saw it coming or was amused by the whole thing. =p It is very typical Team Rocket.

Venomfang
16th September 2011, 1:50 AM
What was Ash saying to Meowth at the end? And why was he smiling?

Manafi's Dream
16th September 2011, 2:10 AM
Somehow, something in the back of my head told me Nyarsu was not really a good guy. It spoke even louder when I saw that he was trying to get alone in the telephone booth...

WHY????!!!!

I've never felt more betrayed by the writers than in these episodes! They are very good, though, to build the suspense up in a way that your mind isn't focused on the thought that Nyarsu is a double-crosser. He played his part well, and the writers did an excellent job.

lolipiece
16th September 2011, 2:12 AM
Somehow, something in the back of my head told me Nyarsu was not really a good guy. It spoke even louder when I saw that he was trying to get alone in the telephone booth...

WHY????!!!!

I've never felt more betrayed by the writers than in these episodes! They are very good, though, to build the suspense up in a way that your mind isn't focused on the thought that Nyarsu is a double-crosser. He played his part well, and the writers did an excellent job.

How? He was with them for four episodes.

That was an extremely short time of traveling with them...

Manafi's Dream
16th September 2011, 2:16 AM
How? He was with them for four episodes.

That was an extremely short time of traveling with them...

4 episodes = 4 weeks = one month = long time to think of Nyarsu as a good guy, and the fact that they never showed even a hint as to Nyarsu's true intentions really made it feel like he was sincere. I was the last person to believe he was a double agent, because he sold himself very well.

Poke Master 7
16th September 2011, 2:36 AM
4 episodes = 4 weeks = one month = long time to think of Nyarsu as a good guy, and the fact that they never showed even a hint as to Nyarsu's true intentions really made it feel like he was sincere. I was the last person to believe he was a double agent, because he sold himself very well.I dunno, I was on the opposite end of the spectra here as I never believed Meowth for a second so I saw this coming from a mile away. I didn't know what the plan was, but I knew that he was only leading them on. After all, the writers have proven time and time again that they don't wander far from their safety zone and if they do, they rubber band right back into it soon enough. If this were any other anime, maybe it could be believable that Meowth could change sides, but in Pokemon Status Quo is Arceus (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StatusQuoIsGod).

Manafi's Dream
16th September 2011, 3:05 AM
I dunno, I was on the opposite end of the spectra here as I never believed Meowth for a second so I saw this coming from a mile away. I didn't know what the plan was, but I knew that he was only leading them on. After all, the writers have proven time and time again that they don't wander far from their safety zone and if they do, they rubber band right back into it soon enough. If this were any other anime, maybe it could be believable that Meowth could change sides, but in Pokemon Status Quo is Arceus (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StatusQuoIsGod).

Well, I guess you just have a better insight into Nyarsu's real character and the writers' true intentions. Nevertheless, they were very engaging episodes, and I honestly never suspected before today that Nyarsu hadn't really changed.

Juputoru
16th September 2011, 4:50 AM
P-P-P-P-PART 2!
-We get a recap of everything we just learned. Yawn.
-TR's sending out a ton of decoy trains. And one of them passes by Ash and Co shortly afterwards.
-Meanwhile, Pikachu's trying to escape...but Iron Tail just isn't busting the door open.
-The twerps discuss something, and...Dento seems to have realized something? Or he's just determined or something; I can't really tell.
-Oh wait, now the Subway masters are talking about how TR's probably trying to escape to Anville Town. I have to admit, I'm impressed at how the writers actually managed to work that place into the anime.
-Ash asks what Anville Town is, and Dento takes the opportunity to sparkle while getting excited about all the trains there.
-...I just notice they're playing the credits theme from the games. AWESOME.
-You know, I get the general idea of what's going on here, but...why did the Driftveil Drawbridge ever have to get raised? I mean, what does that have to do with anything other than giving the writers an excuse to lower the drawbridge later?
-Back with Pikachu and Axew...awww, poor Axew is bawling its eyes out. But Pikachu notices a certain Pokeball...it's Snivy! How the hell Pikachu could tell that Pokeball apart from the rest is a mystery to me.
-And now Snivy just so happens to pick Excadrill's Pokeball out of a huge pile of them without even looking at the balls? Either Pokemon are really damned good at telling where their friend's Pokeballs are, or...you know what, I'm not even going to try to logic this one out.
-That's one strong door! TR has learned much since becoming serious villains.
-Pansage is out now too! ...but it can't open the door either. Nor can Excadrill.
-Pikachu has a crayon-illustrated brainstorm session to figure out who can help. Not Oshawott...not Scraggy...not Tepig...but wait! Dwebble can shoot stuff that can cut through rock! Perhaps THAT will work on the door?
-Back with the twerps...an Eelektross-powered car approaches them with the subway twins in tow!
-Meanwhile, the Pokemon have broken down the door! Horray! And now Meowth spotted them! Horray?
-The TR train has left the subway!
-Meowth appears to be mocking Pikachu and co by saying they can't get off the train while it's moving this fast. Pikachu is just pissed
-Hey, it's Roggenrola! About time it actually appeared(the episode after its capture doesn't count :p).
-All the Pokemon are bright enough to start attacking the link between the train cars. That...really seems like something Meowth should have thought of.
-Oh, and there's Meowth just in time to go OHSHI-
-Seger, is it really necessary to wear a lab coat while piloting a helicopter?
-The Pokemon manage to switch tracks, and TR gives chase! Meanwhile, Ash and co have almost caught up with them!
-The twerps are running out of time, so Ingo sends out...Chandelure! It helpfully lifts Ash, Dento, and Iris over to the Pokemon's train car.
-Ash has Roggenrola use Luster Cannon and Tepig user Ember...to boost their train's speed! And Axew joins in with Dragon Rage! I have to admit, I was expecting more blasting off TR and less running away. Not that this is a bad thing!
-Unfortunately for them, it's hard to outrun a helicopter. Now what?
-Oh, NOW Ash has his Pokemon attack the helicopter.
-The TR train is catching up, though. But this prompts Tepig to learn Flamethrower! Finally, a respectable fire attack for it.
-And Chandelure gets the honors of wrecking TR's train.
-...is Ash trying to win Meowth back over to their side? Oh, Ash.
-Jesus, Pikachu is angry. I guess it's nice to see it have a personality for the first time since Kanto?
-But even though TR got away, the day is saved, and the twerps ended up in Anville Town...and Dento is, of course, spazzing out over MORE TRAINS. Remember when he was supposed to be the mature one?

Not as much to comment on here, even though more happened in this half. Maybe I just suck at having opinions on action-packed scenes. :p I will say I liked the focus on Pikachu - as much as people complain about it getting focus at times, I think it's nice that it got focus since it had a personality for once. Seeing Pikachu do something other than sit on Ash's shoulder and fire off electricity when he tells it to is pretty damned refreshing.
Also, I can finally keep the Subway Master's names straight. And it only took me several months after their English names were revealed!

Supersonicbro
16th September 2011, 5:05 AM
P-P-P-P-PART 2!
-We get a recap of everything we just learned. Yawn.
-TR's sending out a ton of decoy trains. And one of them passes by Ash and Co shortly afterwards.
-Meanwhile, Pikachu's trying to escape...but Iron Tail just isn't busting the door open.
-The twerps discuss something, and...Dento seems to have realized something? Or he's just determined or something; I can't really tell.
-Oh wait, now the Subway masters are talking about how TR's probably trying to escape to Anville Town. I have to admit, I'm impressed at how the writers actually managed to work that place into the anime.
-Ash asks what Anville Town is, and Dento takes the opportunity to sparkle while getting excited about all the trains there.
-...I just notice they're playing the credits theme from the games. AWESOME.
-You know, I get the general idea of what's going on here, but...why did the Driftveil Drawbridge ever have to get raised? I mean, what does that have to do with anything other than giving the writers an excuse to lower the drawbridge later?
-Back with Pikachu and Axew...awww, poor Axew is bawling its eyes out. But Pikachu notices a certain Pokeball...it's Snivy! How the hell Pikachu could tell that Pokeball apart from the rest is a mystery to me.
-And now Snivy just so happens to pick Excadrill's Pokeball out of a huge pile of them without even looking at the balls? Either Pokemon are really damned good at telling where their friend's Pokeballs are, or...you know what, I'm not even going to try to logic this one out.
-That's one strong door! TR has learned much since becoming serious villains.
-Pansage is out now too! ...but it can't open the door either. Nor can Excadrill.
-Pikachu has a crayon-illustrated brainstorm session to figure out who can help. Not Oshawott...not Scraggy...not Tepig...but wait! Dwebble can shoot stuff that can cut through rock! Perhaps THAT will work on the door?
-Back with the twerps...an Eelektross-powered car approaches them with the subway twins in tow!
-Meanwhile, the Pokemon have broken down the door! Horray! And now Meowth spotted them! Horray?
-The TR train has left the subway!
-Meowth appears to be mocking Pikachu and co by saying they can't get off the train while it's moving this fast. Pikachu is just pissed
-Hey, it's Roggenrola! About time it actually appeared(the episode after its capture doesn't count :p).
-All the Pokemon are bright enough to start attacking the link between the train cars. That...really seems like something Meowth should have thought of.
-Oh, and there's Meowth just in time to go OHSHI-
-Seger, is it really necessary to wear a lab coat while piloting a helicopter?
-The Pokemon manage to switch tracks, and TR gives chase! Meanwhile, Ash and co have almost caught up with them!
-The twerps are running out of time, so Ingo sends out...Chandelure! It helpfully lifts Ash, Dento, and Iris over to the Pokemon's train car.
-Ash has Roggenrola use Luster Cannon and Tepig user Ember...to boost their train's speed! And Axew joins in with Dragon Rage! I have to admit, I was expecting more blasting off TR and less running away. Not that this is a bad thing!
-Unfortunately for them, it's hard to outrun a helicopter. Now what?
-Oh, NOW Ash has his Pokemon attack the helicopter.
-The TR train is catching up, though. But this prompts Tepig to learn Flamethrower! Finally, a respectable fire attack for it.
-And Chandelure gets the honors of wrecking TR's train.
-...is Ash trying to win Meowth back over to their side? Oh, Ash.
-Jesus, Pikachu is angry. I guess it's nice to see it have a personality for the first time since Kanto?
-But even though TR got away, the day is saved, and the twerps ended up in Anville Town...and Dento is, of course, spazzing out over MORE TRAINS. Remember when he was supposed to be the mature one?

Not as much to comment on here, even though more happened in this half. Maybe I just suck at having opinions on action-packed scenes. :p I will say I liked the focus on Pikachu - as much as people complain about it getting focus at times, I think it's nice that it got focus since it had a personality for once. Seeing Pikachu do something other than sit on Ash's shoulder and fire off electricity when he tells it to is pretty damned refreshing.
Also, I can finally keep the Subway Master's names straight. And it only took me several months after their English names were revealed!

you forgot to mention the part after pikachu first sees meowth and when meowth leaves, for a second he looks like he is showing a bit of remorse. (im surprised nobody mentioned this)

i2i
16th September 2011, 6:24 AM
Part 2 was much more entertaining then Part 1 with Pikachu interacting with just some of the from Ash and co. and his exchange with Meowth was so emotion with Pikachu's rage after breaking the door and after TR escape plus that few second pause Meowth had after he closed the door that the next time its just them should be interesting to watch alone. Anyway happy Tepig learn Flamethower not that original but big improvement over Ember and also nice they work Anville Town in I wonder how that was going to appear in the anime but great episode over all.

BlueDragonfangirl
16th September 2011, 6:27 AM
Meowth shows remorse a few times, mostly at the end you can see he feels bad. I have a feeling in the later episodes, Ash will win Meowth over again some how, probaly by saving his life. I think I loved part 2 ten times better than the first part but over all these episodes were epic! Pikachu showed some major character moments, he was almost like a leader. I hope Pikachu and Meowth have a bit of tension whenever he comes back, which I hope is some time soon. I also hope again Ash trys get him on there side still too. Really loved the ending between Ash and Meowth, hope that was foreshadowing.

MechaBulba
16th September 2011, 1:17 PM
Wait I am confused, how can Dwebble's rock glue cut through a boor like a flame? I thought he used his Claws to cut the rock and the glue to repair it? Tepigs new Flamethrower should have been the key here. Oh well.

Sushi
16th September 2011, 1:51 PM
Wait I am confused, how can Dwebble's rock glue cut through a boor like a flame? I thought he used his Claws to cut the rock and the glue to repair it?
It can do both, apparently. In its debut episode, we saw it shooting liquid that serves to make rocks easier to carve (probably a corrosive substance), but later, two other Dwebble used glue to stick two rock dwellings together.

AgentPierce
16th September 2011, 11:21 PM
Meowth shows remorse a few times, mostly at the end you can see he feels bad. I have a feeling in the later episodes, Ash will win Meowth over again some how, probaly by saving his life.

Meowth showed some signs of guilt twice; one when he hangs his head and sighs after he was done confronting Pikachu and then towards the end when Ash was nice to him. But guilt isn't always the same as remorse; I don't think he'll have any long lasting regrets over this whole thing. And the problem with the scenario you mentioned is that no one in Ash's group is going to trust Meowth again after this, even if Meowth is sincere the next time. Like it or not, he's a bad guy and is with Team Rocket for good.

_Taidow_
16th September 2011, 11:23 PM
Meowth showed some signs of guilt twice; one when he hangs his head and sighs after he was done confronting Pikachu and then towards the end when Ash was nice to him. But guilt isn't always the same as remorse; I don't think he'll have any long lasting regrets over this whole thing. And the problem with the scenario you mentioned is that no one in Ash's group is going to trust Meowth again after this, even if Meowth is sincere the next time. Like it or not, he's a bad guy and is with Team Rocket for good.

I don't know, Ash seems like the one to always see some good in Meowth like when he smiled at Meowth upon seeing him with the rockets.

AgentPierce
17th September 2011, 12:09 AM
I don't know, Ash seems like the one to always see some good in Meowth like when he smiled at Meowth upon seeing him with the rockets.

The problem would be with Iris, Cilan, and all the pokemon, especially Pikachu. Meowth would have to TRY to win them over again and they'd all think it was part of a plan to screw them over. Meowth would have to do some really big stuff to prove he's really reformed and personally, I just can't see Meowth going through that sort of "Prince Zuko" character arc. It's much easier for him to be bad. So I hope they never touch upon it and Meowth just continues to do what he has to do with Team Rocket.

Lorde
17th September 2011, 1:34 AM
I don't know if I liked this episode. I thought that things were pretty tame for the most part, although I guess it's my own fault for expecting things to be totally exciting. I'm still not sure why the writers decided to have Team Rocket steal some Pokemon as part of their plan; the way things were going, it seemed like their plan involved something a little more complicated. Anyway, I liked that the Pokemon worked together, but I'm upset that Tepig learned a new move while Oshawott was nowhere to be found. I'm glad that Eelektross and Chandelure debuted here, and overall, I'm happy that things ended on a high note. 6/10.

Banana Knight Arthur
17th September 2011, 2:07 AM
I must say I liked this second part better.

This episode was the more exciting of the two. For all the hoopla about Rocketto Dan's big plan with the Subway lines, all it was was an overly complicated(unnecesarily) plan to steal a bunch of pokeballs. I guess after the TP teasers back in Hiun city any other plots fall short.

thekorean
17th September 2011, 4:09 AM
I still dont get the logic of Team Rocket trying to steal very common pokemons.

Mew2
17th September 2011, 3:10 PM
Probably so they can get some Unova Pokémon so they can go on scouting missions with and not draw too much attention to themselves with foreign Pokémon if they are challenged to a battle by a passing trainer who spots them as trainers. They (the normal grunts, not JJ&M) will probably infiltrate as regular Unova Pokémon trainers going on their journeys so they'll want to have Unova Pokémon so as to remain as inconspicuous as possible. That way, they can identify important landmarks and areas without drawing a lot of attention to themselves from the Unova League, Police, and Team Plasma. And should they encounter Team Plasma and get into a fight with them, they'll be able to get a good idea of how strong the Plasma grunts, possibly the leaders, too, if they're lucky, are without revealing themselves as members of Team Rocket.

Fairplay
17th September 2011, 6:53 PM
Meowth shows remorse a few times, mostly at the end you can see he feels bad. I have a feeling in the later episodes, Ash will win Meowth over again some how, probaly by saving his life. I think I loved part 2 ten times better than the first part but over all these episodes were epic! Pikachu showed some major character moments, he was almost like a leader. I hope Pikachu and Meowth have a bit of tension whenever he comes back, which I hope is some time soon. I also hope again Ash trys get him on there side still too. Really loved the ending between Ash and Meowth, hope that was foreshadowing.

What did Ash say to Meowth at the end? I need some subs lol :D.

Anyways. The two episodes were good. It was entertaining, and i also liked Pikachu's overall reactions. Damn he was really angry... I was surprised honestly. Never saw him that angry. I hope Pikachu kicks Meowth ***.

But the plan was lame... I expected much more. The train thing was a good idea, but that the majority was in relation with stealing Pokemon wasnt that cool to me.

thekorean
18th September 2011, 3:29 AM
Probably so they can get some Unova Pokémon so they can go on scouting missions with and not draw too much attention to themselves with foreign Pokémon if they are challenged to a battle by a passing trainer who spots them as trainers. They (the normal grunts, not JJ&M) will probably infiltrate as regular Unova Pokémon trainers going on their journeys so they'll want to have Unova Pokémon so as to remain as inconspicuous as possible. That way, they can identify important landmarks and areas without drawing a lot of attention to themselves from the Unova League, Police, and Team Plasma. And should they encounter Team Plasma and get into a fight with them, they'll be able to get a good idea of how strong the Plasma grunts, possibly the leaders, too, if they're lucky, are without revealing themselves as members of Team Rocket.
Just catch one. Or get away from the twerps and mass horde catch wild pokemons instead. Its not that hard.

Flapjackmaka
18th September 2011, 5:57 AM
What did Ash say to Meowth at the end? I need some subs lol :D.

Anyways. The two episodes were good. It was entertaining, and i also liked Pikachu's overall reactions. Damn he was really angry... I was surprised honestly. Never saw him that angry. I hope Pikachu kicks Meowth ***.

But the plan was lame... I expected much more. The train thing was a good idea, but that the majority was in relation with stealing Pokemon wasnt that cool to me.

I've been watching the anime as long as anyone. And one of three things will happen in my opinion.

1. Nothing happens. Goes back to usual plot. Writers tend to eliminate all negative emotions characters harbor. The easiest examples I can point to are when ash's rivals are complete dicks to him, he usually forgets about their previous interaction and are like, "hey,lets battle". There are tons of examples but I find this the easiest. There is also that ep where team magma won and all and they forgot all about it, etc.

2. Meowth helps the twerps later to redeem himself because of regretful emotion but still goes back to Rocket dan.

3. Meowth actually has a serious battle with pikachu. If meowth can actually reveal he has some half way decent moves other then fury swipes. Wasnt he learning night slash? He is a normal type, so he should have a pretty decent movepool. And seeing how Pikachu's level always goes to 1 everytime ash goes to a new region, it could happen. It's possible this happens seeing how JJ&M are not the bumbling idiots they were in previous seasons.

I place my bets on 1. Would like to see 2 or 3 happen. It was kind of a turn off to see meowth and pikachus interactions even though I sort of knew this would happen.

jscholfield
18th September 2011, 9:03 AM
wait what was dr segar doing in that helicopter

Caseydia
18th September 2011, 3:22 PM

Criminals don't think at times. They steal whatever they think would be a good asset if they caught a lot of them.

Lance The Champ
23rd September 2011, 11:54 AM
I wish Ash would battle the subway masters... It would be exciting!

CupidKirby
2nd October 2011, 11:02 PM
Pikachu was such a mastermind in this ep. Both Seger and Jessie commented on how they shouldn't underestimate him. Ah, such a refreshing role...especially his rage. Meowth tricked them before but never to such an emotional extent, so I enjoyed hearing Ikue Otani. The unamused face Meowth only wore in the episode whenever he wasn't around the twerps was interesting too.

I'm moderately sure Ash wasn't outraged because he either saw it coming or was amused by the whole thing. =p It is very typical Team Rocket.

That's what I was thinking through the entirity of the arc. That's why I wasn't so much annoyed that Ash so willingly trusted Meowth but more nonchalent towards the whole thing. Besides, his whole "you fooled us but we won" taunt to Meowth made up for it. I was actually pretty impressed by how Ash handled his betrayal.

As for why Team Rocket came up with such a complicated plan just to steal pokeballs...I'd actually have to understand. Meowth said that that certain Pokemon centre was special and held many strong and maybe even legendary pokemon. (Just goes to show how much more things make sense translated). Plus it seems they'd learned by now that Ash being around is usually the key to soiling their plans. So a complicated plot to get rid of a 10 year old kid was necessary. If this is how TR is like whenever they try to steal Pikachu from now on, then sh*t just got real. However...

"Team Rocket sure thought of a fine and bold strategy..."
*Iris makes an exhausted face*

Sadly, it took them 30 episodes.

It was nice seeing Seger doing something too. I was getting a bit sick of everyone other than Jessie, James, and Meowth actually confronting Ash and the others. I would like to see him more in the future.

.: Edit :.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention but:
People say Dent's ___ Sommelier gags are annoying, but I liked how this time around his knowledge was actually important to the plot.

_Taidow_
2nd October 2011, 11:40 PM
I do like that Ash sees good in Meowth and said that despite the betrayal he really enjoyed traveling with Meowth.

CupidKirby
3rd October 2011, 12:23 AM
I do like that Ash sees good in Meowth and said that despite the betrayal he really enjoyed traveling with Meowth.

Gives him a bit more of a personality imho. Still being classified by Meowth as naive even though he's been through so much.

Geodude
8th October 2011, 6:39 PM
I loved that little thought process too. It's always neat to see Pokemon working together to solve problems on their own without any humans around. And the fact that they weren't able to fend off the helicopter on their own fleshes that out: one can conclude that they (Pokemon in general) have some intelligence, coordination, and problem-solving abilities, but are generally inferior to those of humans.

BurningSociety12345543210
8th October 2011, 7:16 PM
Wait I am confused, how can Dwebble's rock glue cut through a boor like a flame? I thought he used his Claws to cut the rock and the glue to repair it? Tepigs new Flamethrower should have been the key here. Oh well.

Sure......burn the train down and kill all the pokemon. Great idea, Pikachu should have thought of that.

Geodude
8th October 2011, 9:09 PM
No, the rock-melting liquid comes straight from its Black Pokedex entry. It even used it in its debut episode as well.

Bulba the Great!
28th November 2011, 5:11 AM
I find it frustrating whenever I see new TR capture a Pokemon belonging to the gang. Because then I KNOW they're gonna have to fail. And I want them to succeed. Badly. Because this was a clever plan, especially the decoy ghost trains.

Kudos to Pikachu for thinking of Dwebble's ability to melt solid objects, though.

Faytal
4th December 2011, 3:48 AM
I find it frustrating whenever I see new TR capture a Pokemon belonging to the gang. Because then I KNOW they're gonna have to fail. And I want them to succeed. Badly. Because this was a clever plan, especially the decoy ghost trains.

Kudos to Pikachu for thinking of Dwebble's ability to melt solid objects, though.

I know! I really wanted team rocket to actually succeed on this one. It was a well thought out heist that would have been a perfect plan if not for pikachu and axew being able to move around.

Caseydia
4th December 2011, 3:53 PM
Team Rocket was always the worst criminals to be able to succeed at anything. It doesn't matter. If it was Team Plasma, then there might have been a more workable plan.

OnceUponATime
16th December 2011, 11:56 PM
Are the two parts airing on the same day here in America like they did in Japan?

pokeaussie37
17th December 2011, 1:17 AM
Are the two parts airing on the same day here in America like they did in Japan?

I've heard that they aren't, but of course I could be wrong.

OnceUponATime
20th December 2011, 6:51 PM
I've heard that they aren't, but of course I could be wrong.

Well, on serebii.net, they posted the Dub title for the second part and its airdate is the same as the first part, so I think (hope) that they will.

pokeaussie37
21st December 2011, 1:24 AM
Well, on serebii.net, they posted the Dub title for the second part and its airdate is the same as the first part, so I think (hope) that they will.

Actually I believe that the dub title on Serebii was the one for Part 1, and they'd changed it from what we first thought. It even says on the main site that the title was 'contradicting one previously revealed.' Even the picture next to the description is the same one.

I think the different title is just a change, rather than the title for Part 2.

iraqmaster
31st December 2011, 2:38 PM

Me too. Go for pokemon like Gyarados, or Nidoking, not beedrills or zubats..

pokeaussie37
1st January 2012, 1:27 AM
Me too. Go for pokemon like Gyarados, or Nidoking, not beedrills or zubats..

Why? Because they're easy targets. The evil teams need Pokemon in quantity, not quality.

Besides, the Kami Trio episodes may have you believe otherwise.

Edit: Rank up!

Edit 2: Anyways I just watched the episode. I really enjoyed it, really set up Part 2 well. Just gotta love Meowth's devious ways, and it was a perfectly planned inside job. :D

Tracey got mentioned! :O Well that means Oak should be back in Pallet Town, and since communication is possible, maybe Pokemon transfers are, but maybe not.

jatta
3rd January 2012, 12:54 AM
Hey I am going to posting spoilers of this episode onto youtube under the account ukpokemonmaster . I don;t want to post the full episode because I know it just gets you warnings on youtube :(

By the way here is a legal link, probably THE ONLY LEGAL LINK PRESENTLY ONLINE to watch the episode and also Giratina and the Sky Warrior movie using the UK ITV player:

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/thirtydaycatchup/?year=2011&month=12&day=28

WARNING THE LINK WILL PROBABLY RUN OUT BY THE END OF TUESDAY GMT TIME!

Not sure how to watch the link outside the uk though!

gliscor&yanmega
4th January 2012, 5:52 PM
I enjoyed the dub as much as the Japanese version.

Eelektross' dub voice I wasn't crazy about, sounded weird and wasn't what I was expecting. I thought Chandelure's dub voice was nice though.

#1PokemonFan
4th January 2012, 6:33 PM
I enjoyed the dub as much as the Japanese version.

Eelektross' dub voice I wasn't crazy about, sounded weird and wasn't what I was expecting. I thought Chandelure's dub voice was nice though.

Is their a link for the English Version? I cant find it. I want to see the episode before it airs in the US. So far I could only find part 1.

jatta
4th January 2012, 7:30 PM
Is their a link for the English Version? I cant find it. I want to see the episode before it airs in the US. So far I could only find part 1.

You just missed it on the link I posted. But you mind find it here:

Actually, this link is better: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/search/?Filter=pokemon

And you can watch it for 30 days after broadcast. The Underground ones are available until 27th January and Movie White is available until February.

#1PokemonFan
4th January 2012, 9:54 PM
You just missed it on the link I posted. But you mind find it here:

It does not work because its says I do not live in the United Kingdom and it can only be viewed their.

jatta
5th January 2012, 10:23 AM
Ah, someone needs to Google a solution to the problem, or you can wait a few days, should air on TV anyway.

MidnightMelody
7th January 2012, 2:02 PM
Jeez Pikachu was pissed off at TR

Little Goomba Bulbs Jr.
7th January 2012, 2:55 PM
Well, this is one of those times where pokemon who aren't in pokeballs a big deal.

SmartD
7th January 2012, 2:55 PM
It's a great episode. Ash and friends catch up with Team Rocket and saved their Pokemon. This is one of the few times where Team Rocket actually pulled off a perfect plan, but Ash and friends foil it.

Eelektross kinda sounded like Dwebble, but maybe it's just me.

Little Goomba Bulbs Jr.
7th January 2012, 3:01 PM
Pikachu: What can open the door?

Oshawott's razor shell? No Go
Scraggy's Headbutt? No Go
Tepig's Tackle? No Go
Wait Dwebble's spit? We have a winner!

7th January 2012, 4:48 PM
Pikachu: What can open the door?

Oshawott's razor shell? No Go
Scraggy's Headbutt? No Go
Tepig's Tackle? No Go
Wait Dwebble's spit? We have a winner!

Hey, it still worked. :@

Janovy
7th January 2012, 6:27 PM
Guys, that "spit" is the corrosive spray that belongs to one of the Dwebble's natural abilities.

Little Goomba Bulbs Jr.
7th January 2012, 7:22 PM
So it looks like we know which pokemon Ash sent to Proffeser Junifer.

Orton155
7th January 2012, 9:12 PM
For an episode I really enjoyed not alot happened if you try to summarise it but for sure this is not the case.

So we left the last episode where there were so many decoys but Iris gave Cilan a spark that they would be going to Anville Town so Ingo and Emmet use their personal subway cart and eelektross to head there along with the gang.

Meanwhile, the captured pokemon are trying to escape and pikachu uses snivy to escape from its own cage. Pikachu then gets help from the other pokemon to open the door but it seems it is too late and Dr Zieger is already going to grab them with the big claw!!!! Luckily, the gang have caught up, and they manage to get onto the same train as the pokemon and use teamwork to foil Team rocket's plan. Then the day is saved and Ash and the gang head of to challenge Elesa.

-----

I really enjoyed the pokemon only scenes in this episode. Especially when all the pokemon were working together to escape. What I also enjoyed was Pikachu's seething anger towards meowth because he was right about meowth but he allowed meowth to fool Ash and his friends. At the end, you knew that he wanted to blast off Team rocket and he tried to hard to but Ash was there to calm him down.

Anyway, loved the episode.

Shneak
7th January 2012, 9:16 PM
Good conclusion. It didn't feel rushed and half-assed like an upcoming 2 Parter did. I really liked the interaction between Ash and Team Rocket. Kind of felt like the old days of Kanto.

WaterDragon trainer
7th January 2012, 9:45 PM
This episode was pretty good. This was one of Team Rocket's most complex plans. They've come a long way from digging pitfalls. My only complaint were the voices of Elektross and Chandelure. They made me cringe a bit...

AuraChannelerChris
7th January 2012, 9:50 PM
Kind of felt like the old days of Kanto.

You mean Episode 2?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
8th January 2012, 12:57 AM
Interesting, I thought Zager was in charge of the TRio. But judging from how they were so demanding at him makes me think they're equal

Earthia100
8th January 2012, 1:05 AM
Yes! Roggenrola appeared!

Pansage is soo cute! It has this adorable look in it's eyes.:511:

Pikachu: "You meanie!"

Omg! Cilan! (goes to the corner to fangirl-out)

:511::511::511:

American--Pi
8th January 2012, 1:54 AM
THE HELL, I THOUGHT THIS EPISODE WOULD AIR AT 9:00... I knew about the schedule change, but I thought CN would wait until the next episode (aka the next season) to change the airing time... I totally missed this episode... oh well, it's my fault for not checking the CN website. Guess I'll just watch it in low quality online tomorrow.

vipsoccermaster
8th January 2012, 2:33 AM
Great episode! Ash and his friends were able to ruin Team Rocket's perfect plan. I really enjoyed how the Pokemon teamed up to escape. And I loved seeing Snivy getting plenty of action.

And now Elesa awaits!

jscholfield
8th January 2012, 11:52 AM
Interesting, I thought Zager was in charge of the TRio. But judging from how they were so demanding at him makes me think they're equal

Is it more or is it every time james gave zager an order he didn't seem to like it, but he took orders from jessie better.

After this episode zager is fav member of TR

Marbi Z
8th January 2012, 8:28 PM
Was anyone aware of the sudden TIME CHANGE to 8:30? I sure wasn't! Anyway I managed to see it on Youtube and I've never seen Pikachu so ticked off before. They should make an episode where that affects his battle style that would be epic!

Shneak
8th January 2012, 9:28 PM

Zager is just a lab rat, who for some reason is in charge of seemingly everything for Team Rocket now. A lot must have happened in the VS episodes.

AuraChannelerChris
8th January 2012, 9:38 PM
I wasn't aware of the stupid change that forced me to watch it on Youtube.

vipsoccermaster
8th January 2012, 11:24 PM
I wasn't aware of the change, either, but luckily I had a season pass to record it.

Azureth
9th January 2012, 1:15 AM
Man, it's been a long time since Pikachu identified one of Ash's pokeballs like that. Though I'm wondering why the pokemon aren't coming out by themselves. Then again, they never did that before when pokeballs were stolen en mass.

Nice that Pikachu thought about which pokemon could break through the door. Though I was kind of hoping for the classic fire, water, grass combo.

How is Electross not shocking everyone with Discharge? :P

Wow. I forgot Ash had a Roggenrolla.

Commercial break as soon as the dex entry ends? <_<

Why didn't they just have Chandelure use Psychic to get the pokemon off the train? Even the pokeballs inside can't be that much trouble.

Wow, Pikachu got pretty pissed there.

Man. These last two episodes have been great. And it seems it's time for the next gym battle, too. They're spoiling us. :P

Sparkleo
9th January 2012, 2:44 PM
Wow, Pikachu got pretty pissed there.

Yes. He. Did.

Battra
9th January 2012, 3:32 PM
I loved seeing the Pokemon work together to get out of the car, it's just too bad that Ash's stupidity seems to be rubbing off on Pikachu. Seriously Pikachu never thought to use Electro Ball on the crane arm, or have Roggenrola use Stone Edge on the rotor blades on the helicopter, instead we get them participating in a slap fight with with the arm & this is just the tip of the stupidity displayed. Why have Chandelure use Pyschic to move Ash & & the gang to the train, we have seen in the past psychic completely disabling mech.

Also why does everyone insist on being surprised by Meowth's betrayal in not that surprising, of course he was going to betray you it was just a matter of when. No Ash you didn't win TR did, you may have gotten the Pokemon back but you still lost cause you complete fell for their plan like the complete imbecile you are, you allowed them them to get this far by traveling with Meowth. Also Cilan don't complement TR they don't deserve it for making this kind of plan, this plan had so many holes in it and could have been executed much more efficiently by a more competent group who don't make up grandiose plans just to capture one single Pokemon.

Azureth
10th January 2012, 12:38 AM
They got over their suspicion after the first episode with Meowth, and it's perfectly understandable. Any of Team Rocket's past plans didn't last more than a day. Plus Meowth actually helped Ash's group multiple times.

lucario beast
11th January 2012, 10:52 PM
ive loved thses last few epsidoes with tr. For the longest time i just got annoyed whenever they come on screen but with these recent episodes i look forward to them and know somthin badass is going to happen this is one of my favorite episodes cant wait to see what they there next big plan like this is

American--Pi
13th January 2012, 12:27 AM
Please, Battra, stop criticizing every single Anime episode out there. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Just managed to catch this episode, and wow, it was an EPIC finale for Season 14. Team Rocket's plan was so ingenious, it made for a beautiful plotline. And the way everyone fought the epic battle was epic. I especially like how a lot of this episode centered on the smart Pokemon and how they managed to escape. WE SEE SNIVY AND ROGGENROLA AGAIN, FINALLY! The only thing that would make things better is if Tranquill made another appearance soon.

How did Dwebble break the door while nobody else could? XD

EDIT: RANK UP! :D

13th January 2012, 1:19 AM
I don't remember Chandelure sounding like a dude in the Japanese episode.

pokeaussie37
17th January 2012, 5:49 AM
Watched this episode last night.

I thought it was a pretty good episode on its own, but a poor episode when compared to part one. I believe the ending in particular could have been done better. I would have preferred that Team Rocket get to Anville Town with all the Poke Balls and they have to stop them from there, although I guess the plan all along was to link the main carriage to the helicopter.

Good episode on its own, but paled in comparison to Part One.

Bring on the rest of the Nimbasa City arc and Season 15!

Except for the indefinite gap between the episodes -___- oh well.

Jnmisty
25th January 2012, 5:21 PM
When Team rocket pulled that stunt almost the end of the episode saying how the boss still has eyes for it and pressed a button to release that black smoke, Pikachu is pissed and angry, I think Pikachu was angry and pissed about it because of Meowth's betrayal and calling them a coward for running off like thatz

Ne0n-H!tch'd
25th February 2012, 4:32 AM
Usually EVERY SAGA, there is an episode or 2 where the Pokemon stray far from their trainers except the best episode of this kind was back in the first season on "Island of the Pokemon"... but that all changed til now.
They did this episode RIGHT!
The Pokemon each did what they had to do with a touch of their personalities and Meowth betraying them and Pikachu getting mad brought the correct touch of drama!

This episode was done VERY VERY well!

Littlemyuu
4th March 2012, 9:56 PM
Silly Pikachu, all beserk at TR because they got him and his friends, glad they are back..(lol)

Aquarelle
1st April 2012, 12:39 PM
I saw this episode today because YTV had it on, and I had half an hour to kill. This is the third BW episode I've seen. Anyway, I thought it was a fairly good episode. It reminded me a lot of the "Island of the Giant Pokemon" episode from way back, due to the humans and Pokemon being split up and the whole riding on a train/railway cart. I liked how mad Pikachu seemed at Team Rocket, I found that funny for some reason. I also noticed that Oshawott wasn't featured a lot in this episode - I think it was only in Pikachu's fantasy about how to open the door. I wonder why (of course, I could just have a bad memory...)

Also, I liked how Cilan was calling himself a "metro connoisseur". I think it's very fitting for him! :p

ForgottenPearl
4th April 2012, 5:56 PM
This was a good episode. I mean, even though you know the good guys are gonna win, the action still got pretty good. And it's interesting to see how, as usual, Pikachu is more skeptical of Meowth than Ash is. Though, maybe it's just me, Meowth did seem to feel a little bad at one point, or at least kinda hesitant. It was cute to watch the Pokemon work together, and I felt really warm and happy once Ash and the gang reunited with their Pokemon.

The only thing that bugged me was how James and Jessie had, like, no personality at all. I know the writers are trying to make Team Rocket more intimidating, and I'm fine with that. But they just didn't seem to have any emotion or character here.

Cataquack Warrior
10th June 2012, 6:06 AM
A nice set of episodes. They really brought out the best in both the villains and heroes.

I admit that Team Rocket's plot seems a little dull, but keep in mind that Pokemon stealing is one of the primary goals of Team Rocket as an organization. Butch and Cassidy's breeding center and fortune telling scams and the St. Anne raid show the value that Team Rocket places on raiding mass numbers of Pokemon. A fully stocked center in a booming city like Nimbasa would be a gold mine for Team Rocket.

A more complicated plan would have been interesting though. Meowth really could have infiltrated the center without the Twerps. I think that the way to go should have been for Meowth to feign injury and report to Ash and the others that the Pokemon have been captured when they inevitably appear on the scene. He'd then "lead" the way into a trap to make sure that the Twerps stayed out of the way.

Also, I'm slightly disappointed that Meowth's time with Ash and the gang was so short. He's a complex character, and I would have liked to have seen deeper interactions between him and the Twerps. Still, the episodes did help to conceal Meowth's true plan.

Willow's Tara
23rd June 2012, 5:59 AM
I thought this was a pretty good episode as well, and to be honest I was impressed by the way they almost executed, mostly because Meowth was able to keep a lead on things for aleast four or five episodes. Obviously it's going to have holes in it and the good guys won but still, I liked it. I could probably pull it off much better then them but still.

I love Chandelure but it sounded off in this episode, it looks better in the games for some reason too. Loved how Pikachu got so pissed off, mostly because the first few with Meowth in it he was so suspicious of him, and Ash forced him to play nice. If I was Pikachu I would have probably stayed pissed at Ash for an episode or so, I wish they did do something like that actually, just for aleast one episode for not believing Pikachu when he didn't trust Meowth.

Pokemaniac24
19th July 2012, 5:44 PM
I loved this episode. I really did and I'll tell you why.

I was one of the people who was really impressed with "Crisis From the Underground Up." This was actually the first time I saw this 2 parter and after seeing Part 1, my expectations were really high for this episode and I thought I would be disappointed in it, but I really have to say I think this episode was even better than Part 1 which is saying a lot. But I have to say this whole 2 parter was brilliant. I loved it.

I'll start off by talking about the man on my avatar picture. I love Dr.Zager. As Jessie said in the Twist Mountain 2 parter, he is the brains of TR and we're so used to Dr.Zager behind the scenes giving TRio orders and coming up with all these intricate plans as well as build machines for TRio. And I love that about him. Last episode, he was able to cut off communications to the Pokemon Center and raise the Drawbridge to distract Officer Jenny. He is so great with the behnd the scenes work but in this episode, we actually saw him in his helicopter trying to steal the Pokemon from the train and that was amazing to see. I love that. It was so awesome to watch, and I know the guy has haters, but even the haters have to respect the guy as a villain for coming up with this intricate plan and helping the TRio chase Pikachu and the other Pokemon and try to capture them.

Next up is Meowth. I see a lot of hatred for the guy on this thread. It's seems like a lot of people on here actually expected him to stay with Ash and were really hurt and shocked when he revealed he was with TR. I remember someone saying on the the thread for Part 1 that he could have showed he felt a little sorry for betraying Ash and his friends. Well, here you go. He showed it twice in this episode. Once was after he closed the door when Pikachu tried to ThunderShock him. You could see he felt bad for what he did there and the other was at the end when Ash told him he had fun with him. I think it was nice seeing Meowth feel sorry for what he did. I think that was good development for him. In Part 1, he seemed like he really didn't care that he upset Ash and Pikachu. This episode he did. I wish they would explore that betrayal a little more. You could really tell Pikachu was furious at Meowth. He actually felt hurt by what Meowth did. You have to remember back to when Meowth first joined Ash in "Meowth's Scrafty Tactics." Pikachu was the main one that didn't trust Meowth. In fact, I think he was the only one that didn't trust Meowth. The fact that he was so hurt by Meowth's betrayal in this episode shows that he really started to become friends with Meowth and began to trust him. Because if you think about it, why would Pikachu be so upset if he knew Meowth was lying all along. The fact that he was so upset shows me that he was beginning to like Meowth and felt truly hurt by what Meowth did.

Like I said, I really wish they would explore Pikachu's anger at Meowth and Meowth's betrayal and guilt for what he did a little more. I don't think it's really ever brought up after this at all and that's a shame. I think it would make a really interesting story arc. Maybe in the Meloetta arc, we will see more development with Meowth and Pikachu *fingers crossed* because I really enjoyed it.

Speaking of Pikachu, I thought it was awesome he and Axew were able to think of a plan to get out of there. It was a very intense and action packed episode and I loved every minute of it. I was hoping this episode would be great and I wasn't let down at all. I have no complaints with this episode at all. BW TR is awesome and I feel excited whenever they come on screen.

10/10. It was brilliant.

wobbanut
28th August 2012, 4:20 AM
I wasn't surprised that Meowth was scamming, or that Pikachu was royally ticked at him, but I was genuinely surprised that Ash actually said he had a great time traveling with Meowth to Nimbasa. This show rarely truly surprises me ("Unfair Weather Friends" was one of the few others), but that did. It was a nice moment. Overall, I loved this arc, and it was a great conclusion to the season.

9/10

PokemontrainerY
17th August 2013, 12:36 PM
I loved this episode, After the suspenseful events in "Crisis From the Underground Up" .... This episode satisfying to me.
Dr.Zager and TRio were awesome in this episode ... Especialy Dr.Zager. After all .....he's the one who comes up with all these clever plans and helps TRio orders. And I love that about him. Trio and Dr. Zager trying to steal the Pokemon from the train with all those Pokemon ... was a clever plan.
I liked the scene where Pikachu and the other Pokemon were trying to break the door. Pikachu's reaction after seeing Meowth was reasonable, he looked REALLY angry.
Ash, Iris and Cilan's all Pokémon working together to propel the train cart faster to get away from Zager's helicopter was awesome. It's surprising when Ash said he had fun when Mewoth was traveling them, I didn't see that coming.
Overall, this episode was well-done and a great finale of Pokémon: Black and White.

TurtwigFan1
17th August 2014, 6:54 PM
Meowth's betrayal was something I already knew was going to happen, but it was still kinda sad. Nice to see that he actually felt a bit sorry for it. Pikachu getting super angry was great, I bet he's so annoyed no one listened to him about Meowth! Something I've really enjoyed about this series so far is Team Rocket's much more complicated plans that actually have a chance to succeed. It definitely leaves me wondering what the grand scheme of this is with Dr. Zager involved. Cilan constantly calling himself a metro connoisseur really made me laugh too. Another great pair of episodes.