PDA

View Full Version : I Gen RMT? Am I Crazy?

Haru Glory
21st September 2011, 9:04 PM
That's it. For real.
I'm trying to set up a I Gen team, 'cause back in R/B/Y times it was so funny, with high accuracy, high crits ratio and stalling was so epic.
Let's get started!

;121; ;149; ;112; ;003; ;038; ;106;

Starmie: Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Recover

Starmie is one of the most potent special sweepers of Gen I. Blizzard strikes with 120 power and 90 accuracy (RBY times :( ), Thunderbolt covers some types, Recover to... recover, and Thunder Wave to cripple big threats such as Tauros.

Dragonite: Toxic, Wrap, Earthquake, Surf/Ice Beam

Soooo powerful. Basically, Toxic + Wrap trolls the enemy, stalling him for lots of damage. EQ is always EQ.
The last move is a toss up: Surf gives good coverage, while Ice Beam helps with Rhydon, Exeggutor and other Dragonites.

Rhydon: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Substitute, Body Slam

Even if the typing is bad, Rhydon can destroy most of the things out here, being able to stay in longer with Substitute, and hits with QuakeSlide combo and Para-Slam.

Venusaur: Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Body Slam

This thing. Come on, it isn't even funny playing Pokčmon with him.
Puts the enemy to Sleep and Seeds him, then hits with 100% Crit Razor Leaf and Para-Slam.

Ninetales: Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Substitute, Confuse Ray

Another staller. Subs, then confuses the enemy and traps in with Fire Spin.
Fire Blast for more awesome damage, and Burn hax.

Hitmonlee: Hi Jump Kick, Body Slam, Seismic Toss, Substitute

It's really mean. Subs the first turn, then he has Para-Slam, Hi Jump Kick to hit harder, and Seismic Toss for 100 damage everytime.

UsernameSayWha?
22nd September 2011, 12:50 AM
It looks like Starmie yells TROLOLOLOLOLOL. But I don't play first gen.

Aquadon
22nd September 2011, 1:10 AM
THANK YOU I'm not the only one who made an RBY Set for Competitive Play.

While it's not necessary, I'm surprised to see that you didn't go with a Sleeper, especially considering that Sleep mechanics are ****ed in this Generation. Also, as defensive as Dragonite is, what can outspeed it after an Agility? Mainly because I feel like there's more Offense it has that you're missing out on. Some Pokemon seem like they could get Walled (Ninetales and maybe Venusaur/Hitmonlee), but otherwise this looks pretty good. Remember that Seismic Toss is all Hitmonlee has to hit Ghosts.

Think you could take a look at my RBY Team in my Signature? Thanks man!

Haru Glory
22nd September 2011, 2:40 PM
THANK YOU I'm not the only one who made an RBY Set for Competitive Play.

While it's not necessary, I'm surprised to see that you didn't go with a Sleeper, especially considering that Sleep mechanics are ****ed in this Generation. Also, as defensive as Dragonite is, what can outspeed it after an Agility? Mainly because I feel like there's more Offense it has that you're missing out on. Some Pokemon seem like they could get Walled (Ninetales and maybe Venusaur/Hitmonlee), but otherwise this looks pretty good. Remember that Seismic Toss is all Hitmonlee has to hit Ghosts.

Think you could take a look at my RBY Team in my Signature? Thanks man!

Yeah, I've thought about that, I'm thinking to put Sleep Powder to Venusaur instead of Toxic, 'cause I still have it on Dragonite, and Leech Seed still works well.

Dragonite with +4 Speed outspeeds most of the things of Gen I, but the downside is that, I need to use it two times. So I think I'll screw that for something like Surf or Ice Beam for other Dragonites.

Yes, I know it, but... Does Hitmonlee get EQ in Gen I?

Anyways, thanks for the tips, I read your thread and I answered! :)

Barbeller
22nd September 2011, 5:37 PM
Ice beam would be better as it covers your threats rather than basically trying to KO things that would die in time to toxic.