PDA

View Full Version : Blasligatrott

blue1sq
21st September 2011, 10:36 PM
Here is a deck that I've put together. It uses a variety of supporters and trainers, but most of which allow me to get anything and everything that I need out of my deck at any time.

It would be perfect to start with Delibird because of its card drawing attack while you build up your bench. Feraligatr Prime is valuable for obvious reasons when combined with Samurott. Blastoise is great for moving energies around when needed.

Deck:

Totodile x1 Call of Legends 74
Totodile x1 HG/SS 86
Croconaw x1 Call of Legends 41
Feraligatr Prime x2 HG 108
Squirtle x2 Unleashed 63
Wartortle x2 Unleashed 42
Blastoise x2 Unleashed 13
Alomomola x1 BW 39
Delibird x1 HG/SS 39
Oshawott x2 BW 28
Dewott x1 BW 29
Dewott x1 BW 30
Samurott x2 BW 32
Suicune x1 SW 19

Rare Candy x2
Interviewer’s Questions x2
Bebe’s Search x3
Pokemon Collector x1
Black Belt x1
Expert Belt x1
Professor Oaks’ New Theory x2
Professor Elm’s Training Method x1
Cynthia’s Feelings x1
Burned Tower x1
Broken time Space x1
Twins x1
Fisherman x2
Energy Restore x1
Roseanne’s Research x2
Switch x2

Water Energy x16

ven?
22nd September 2011, 4:18 AM
I really hate looking at set's to check the cards, next time please put regular or ability beside the card, or if it does a different attack instead of an ability the attack.

I'm guessing this is an unlimited deck due to the expert belt, cynthia's, roseannes, bts, and bebe's, if this is for unlimited I have various suggestions but would like to know if you plan to play this for league to tournament play?

blue1sq
25th September 2011, 12:30 AM
I really hate looking at set's to check the cards, next time please put regular or ability beside the card, or if it does a different attack instead of an ability the attack.

I'm guessing this is an unlimited deck due to the expert belt, cynthia's, roseannes, bts, and bebe's, if this is for unlimited I have various suggestions but would like to know if you plan to play this for league to tournament play?

Sorry about the non-explanations. Yes, it is unlimited and for all types of play. Tournament, league, for fun....etc..

spartanlaser
26th September 2011, 12:18 AM
If you're going to play competitvley with this deck, you will need to take out a lot of cards.
It's heart wrenching when you learn your favorite cards are not tourtument legal, no?
you need to take out: Put in the cards next to them in bold
Bebe's search Pokemon Communication or another search engine
expert belt another black belt or a recovery card. EX: Flower shop lady
scuicune Cleffa
Cynthia's feelings PONT
Broken time space Pokemon communication or another search engine
Energy restore A recovery card. EX: Energy retrieval
rossanes research Recovery card. EX: Fisherman

ven?
26th September 2011, 12:23 AM
I guess the league fun part makes sense, but this deck cannot be accepted into a consigned tournament by the pokemon tcg due to cards roseannes, bebe's, expert belt, cynthias, bts, and suicune not legal for format play.

A few suggestions, if you'd like to know the understanding behind the strategy of the cards, I can always elaborate.
T/S/S
.solidify existing rosseanes, bts, ebelt, and a few uxie LA,
.consider cards like celio's network, pokemon communications, castway, night maintenance, power tree,
.take out cards like interviewer's questions, energy restore, fisherman, and 4 water energy for 2 double colourless, the reason behind this is to run samurott at a turn 2 attacker from a turn 3 attacker.

pokemon
.I highly suggest taking out the Alomomola for a second delibird for extra draw power.
.shaymin ud+seeker or ssu, energy switch, with dealing with bulk energy
.I'd suggest just running the samurott and Fprime, if you want the sniping option that blastoise has the gust of wind or pokemon catcher, because blastoise really seem's to only run well with floatzel.

It's not about the explanations about the card, It's making it so people can recognize something about the card from playing with it or against it or in they're collection without having to open a tab.

If you're going to play competitvley with this deck, you will need to take out a lot of cards.
It's heart wrenching when you learn your favorite cards are not tourtument legal, no?
Bebe's search Pokemon Communication
expert belt another black belt or a recovery card. EX: Flower shop lady (black belt)
scuicune Cleffa (then take out delibird for a cleffa as well, 1 doesn't win the race)
Cynthia's feelings PONT (x3)
Broken time space Pokemon communication
Energy restore A recovery card. EX: Energy retrieval (burnt tower)
rossanes research Recovery card. EX: Fisherman (dual ball)

Extra added suggestion, I wouldn't suggest these changes unless it's a minimum of 2 per card)

blue1sq
28th September 2011, 7:02 AM
Bebe's search Pokemon Communication or another search engine
expert belt another black belt or a recovery card. EX: Flower shop lady
scuicune Cleffa
Cynthia's feelings PONT
Broken time space Pokemon communication or another search engine
Energy restore A recovery card. EX: Energy retrieval
rossanes research Recovery card. EX: Fisherman
A few of these changes, I can make, but I do not know how much important pokemon communication is for the strategy behind the deck. I think I may include another professor elm's training or two in that class. The flower shop will not help me much other than for the energies. I would add the fisherman over the flower shop lady. Cleffa would not be useful to me, so maybe another delibird or black belt instead. As for a third pont, once again, I would rather have pokemon collector instead.

So here would be my changes if I made it a tournament deck. And I will explain the workings of the deck as well at the end.

Bebe's search Professor Elm's Training Method
expert belt Fisherman
scuicune Delibird
Cynthia's feelings Pokemon Collector
Broken time space Professor Elm's Training Method
Energy restore Blackbelt
rossanes research Fisherman

Ok, the strategy:

The goal is to get Feraligatr prime onto the bench as fast as possible. It is not the best of attackers unless your opponent has lots of damage counters, but it's pokemon power makes it invaluable to a water deck. Ideally, you would start with several basic pokemon in play, one being delibird to help you draw cards quickly to get to the cards you need, and the other being totodile, squirtle, or oshawatt. There are plenty of supporters to go get basic and evolution cards. If Feraligatr and Delibird are in play together, you can pretty much get to anything in your deck very quickly. Combine those two with Interviewer's questions and you can get 4 - 6 energies into play quick.

Now where do Samurott and Blastoise come into play. Both have incredible attacks. With Samurott and Feraligatr, you can one shot almost every pokemon you come up against. Placing 4 - 6 energies on Samurott in one turn puts 110- 140 add up quick, and with his pokemon power of reducing attacks by 20 and a strong Hp stat, its a tough combo.

The Blastoise combo is also good with Feraligatr becasue his hydrolauncher does 100 to any pokemon in play, which can take out a bench rather quickly or come in handy for that last 1 or 2 prize cards, and Feraligatr allows you to put both of the energies back from your hand onto Blastoise for the next turn. Boom another 100 damage anywhere. Combined with a black belt can take out a lot of stage 2 pokemon.

Burned tower and fisherman allow you to return energies straight to your hand rather than your deck because delibird will only last so long. There is a lot of retreating and switching because of feraligatr ability to hit for 60 plus the amount of damage counters on the defending pokemon. Makes for a great finale.

The deck is a fast paced deck and you can blow through cards quickly. I only have 2 pont because of how may cards you will have in your hand, you are bound to have at least one pont if things go according to plan.

ven?
28th September 2011, 7:34 AM
The best way of getting out you're evo line as soon as possible is to make a search engine of trainer's and a re-draw for supporter's, this way you can bring out as many pokemon with cards ike dual ball, great ball, and communications, and refresh you're hand with cards like prof oaks new theory, judge, juniper, and copy cat, so think more of refreashing you're hand or gaining energy every turn while searching for pokemon constantly. Also considering cards like interviewer's questions (IQ) greatly increase's the energy drop rate with F prime.

The reason why i'm asking you to choose between blastoise and samurott is because when you have more stage 2 pokemon lines in you're deck it becomes problematic to draw into the right pokemon, communications and re-draw cards can help but reducing the amount of stage 2's and increasing a card line like pokemon catcher helps even more by making it faster to play.

blue1sq
28th September 2011, 2:38 PM
The best way of getting out you're evo line as soon as possible is to make a search engine of trainer's and a re-draw for supporter's, this way you can bring out as many pokemon with cards ike dual ball, great ball, and communications, and refresh you're hand with cards like prof oaks new theory, judge, juniper, and copy cat, so think more of refreashing you're hand or gaining energy every turn while searching for pokemon constantly. Also considering cards like interviewer's questions (IQ) greatly increase's the energy drop rate with F prime.

The reason why i'm asking you to choose between blastoise and samurott is because when you have more stage 2 pokemon lines in you're deck it becomes problematic to draw into the right pokemon, communications and re-draw cards can help but reducing the amount of stage 2's and increasing a card line like pokemon catcher helps even more by making it faster to play.But I basically have this deck and it plays fast with all 3 stage 2 lines. I know everyone has their opinions about it, but the deck plays incredibly fast with them in there. It also helps because each does something different to help the player win. I have defeated almost every opponent with the stage 2 lines, and most of the time by 3 or 4 prize cards. All it takes is feraligatr and one of the other stage twos to win, but have both is helpful. If anything would be better in my mind would be to remove one samurott and one blastiose for another professor elm and twins card.

spartanlaser
28th September 2011, 8:49 PM
But I basically have this deck and it plays fast with all 3 stage 2 lines. I know everyone has their opinions about it, but the deck plays incredibly fast with them in there. It also helps because each does something different to help the player win. I have defeated almost every opponent with the stage 2 lines, and most of the time by 3 or 4 prize cards. All it takes is feraligatr and one of the other stage twos to win, but have both is helpful. If anything would be better in my mind would be to remove one samurott and one blastiose for another professor elm and twins card.

Ever heard of Pokemon catcher?
Without Firaligator, this deck will fall apart.
3 stage twos is a lot of pokemon

ven?
28th September 2011, 9:05 PM
Hmm that may be true, but at the end there you proved me right, by reducing 2 stage 2 pokemon line's you wanted to add in a search and synergy card to add cards to your deck to increase speed. I'm not dissing blastoise, I'm just saying that samurott eventually does more damage and takes less, so it would seem to be a better idea to add in pokemon catcher's to mirror blastoise's snipping tech. I used to run a deck with 3 stage 2's and it really at times was fast but overall pretty slow, and at the time like you thought it was fast, then I met a basic t stage 1 deck and was ruinized, everytime I thought of adding cards was when I was thinking of reducing lines to search and setup cards until I brutalized my deck. I'm gonna tell you right now that reducing the samurott and blastoise lines for a twins and a elms is not going to increase the speed but go the opposite direction because you need 2 blastoise and 2 samurott to get them out sooner to smash deck's regardless of the search and setup trainer and supporter cards, because to be honest if you reduce either samurott for twins and elms then you need cards like rescue or flower shop lady to get back the cards you need to use twins on because you're not always going to start off with delibird or get it to your hand in time and blamo you lost you're only blastoise and samurott line.

blue1sq
12th October 2011, 3:29 AM
Im not worried about drawing cards faster. With all of the supporter cards that I have, there is no trouble getting out what I need, and that delibird helps even more with getting to the cards I need. I have defeated several top decks in my opinion (Tangrowth deck, Gengar Prime deck, Serperior deck, Lost Zone deck) because of being able to get to the cards that I need. I have no trouble with that. I really have no trouble winning with the deck, I just wanted opinions.

Lumos77
21st October 2011, 2:58 AM
Ok, I play an almost identical deck, and theres three changes that really should be made.
1. Cleffa is a must. You may not like it, but it really is the best starter out there. Delibird isn't good until half way throught the game for energy.
2. More Rare candy! A deck that runs on stage 2 pokemon needs them, and probly a couple junk arms.
3. DCE is great for Blastoise and setting up Samurott fast without Feraligatr.

I would take out Samurott for Blastoise, I think its better, but thats just my opinion.
Love the Almomola! Its really helps against fire decks.

ven?
22nd October 2011, 11:15 PM
I guess I'll have to let life be the teacher on this one.