PDA

View Full Version : Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Lance The Champ
25th September 2011, 11:01 AM
This is a thread for discussion of Unova Gym Leaders and Elite Four individually. All Sppf rules apply here of course. You can discuss things like

1. Personality of gym leaders/elite four
2. Your favorite gym leader/elite four
3. The hardest gym leader/elite four
4. Your strategies against them
and general stuff related to them...

Zekrom77
25th September 2011, 3:59 PM
My favorite gym leader is Brycen. He uses Ice type Pokemon very well, and his strategies confused me sometime, making him a good challenge. Also, I enjoyed doing the gym puzzle, and the Freeze Badge looks really cool! (ZING)

The hardest gym leader for me was Lenora. For some reason, I always have trouble with Normal type Pokemon. Some of their moves, like Hyper Fang, do extensive damage, and heavily hurt even my Fighting type Pokemon. It took me 3 tries to beat her on White.

The hardest Elite Four for me was Marshal. If I tried to use a Flying type Pokemon against him, his Pokemon would constantly use Stone Edge, and knock it right out of the sky. If I used a Psychic type, he would somehow counter it. But I beat him eventually hahaha.

Darkoon
25th September 2011, 4:58 PM
My favorite gym leader is Clay, love his way of talking and accent, XD
He's also strong as well, I lose one time towards him, :P
The hardest gym for me was Elesa, she keeps on Volt Switching and I got confused by her strategy, I lose two times towards her, XD
The hardest Elite four I think was Marshal, his Throh have quite high defense and attack... :)

Lance The Champ
25th September 2011, 5:19 PM
My favorite gym leader is Drayden. He is a strong and willful character. His pokemon are awesome especially Haxorus and his gym is striking and has probably the hardest puzzle. Also his understanding of the Unova myth regarding Zekrom and Reshiram is excellent and he has a high status in the Unova region. He also appeared in the anime with his Haxorus and the battle with Iris clearly shows that he is an extremely high level trainer and he was also revealed to be a dragon master. Overall he is a stunning character formidable opponent and a marvelous gym leader

Valoo.
25th September 2011, 5:22 PM
Can't you just use the New Characters Discussion and the other Elite Four topic?

Lance The Champ
26th September 2011, 4:16 PM
I would have to say the hardest for me was Drayden too... especially his Haxorus kept using Dragon Dance and dragon tail and made things really difficult for my team...

Ohshi
26th September 2011, 5:07 PM
The gym leaders weren't too bad. I felt like they had the right amount of difficulty compared to the previous Pokemon games.
I also like how involved they are. It is funny how the triplet doesn't really do anything.

But, the Elite Four was a joke.
Maybe it was like that because you had to Vs. Team Plasma afterwards, but they were a joke too. I thought there was going to be a lot of hard battles in the castle before you Vs. the two leaders, but there weren't any. And I thought N and Ghetsis were going to really hard, but they weren't...

thekorean
26th September 2011, 5:32 PM
I thought N was easy but Ghetsis was hard.

Ohshi
26th September 2011, 5:41 PM

Really? But both of their Pokemon are basically in the early lvl 50s. Unless Hydreigon gave you a hard time, but I had a ice type, so it wasn't bad.

Lance The Champ
26th September 2011, 5:41 PM
But, the Elite Four was a joke.
Maybe it was like that because you had to Vs. Team Plasma afterwards, but they were a joke too. I thought there was going to be a lot of hard battles in the castle before you Vs. the two leaders, but there weren't any. And I thought N and Ghetsis were going to really hard, but they weren't...
Yes elite four were no challenge. They were much weaker than Sinnoh Elite Four. Their pokemon should have been higher levelled. at least starting frm 53-55...

Ghetsis's Bouffalant and Hydreigon were tough but apart frm them he didn't trouble me at all

Ohshi
26th September 2011, 5:55 PM
Ghetsis's Bouffalant and Hydreigon were tough but apart frm them he didn't trouble me at all

Really, his Bouffalant? Maybe because I had a Gigalith that negated most of his attacks. I remember he did Earthquake on me, but I didn't die or it didn't do much. I don't know. I don't really remember because I had no memorable battles in B&W since they were all too damn easy and beat them on my first try.

Lance The Champ
26th September 2011, 6:05 PM
Really, his Bouffalant? Maybe because I had a Gigalith that negated most of his attacks. I remember he did Earthquake on me, but I didn't die or it didn't do much. I don't know. I don't really remember because I had no memorable battles in B&W since they were all too damn easy and beat them on my first try.

I did not have any Rock or Steel types in my team so Head Charge became a big problem for me

Darkoon
26th September 2011, 6:55 PM
Really? But both of their Pokemon are basically in the early lvl 50s. Unless Hydreigon gave you a hard time, but I had a ice type, so it wasn't bad.

2 of my pokemons die because of Ghetsis' Hydreigon, XD

Ohshi
26th September 2011, 7:10 PM
I did not have any Rock or Steel types in my team so Head Charge became a big problem for me

Ghost type would have also help too.
Speaking of which, I kinda wished I trained a Chandelure, but I was too against the idea of training one because I wanted to EV train one later.

2 of my pokemons die because of Ghetsis' Hydreigon, XD

Lol.

Lance The Champ
26th September 2011, 7:21 PM
Ghost type would have also help too.
Speaking of which, I kinda wished I trained a Chandelure, but I was too against the idea of training one because I wanted to EV train one later.

My main pokemon were Serperior and Darmanitan at that time so naturally I struggled against him

Flippd
26th September 2011, 7:43 PM
For me Elesa was a very hard one. She keeps on using Volt Switch, making it hard to take a good target. An example is if you try to hit a Ground type move on Zebstrika. Then is switches to Emolga, that has no effect on the move. Thats why i lost 3 times against her... The easiest Gym was Chili. I got Panpour from the girl at Dreamyard, making it very easy. The hardest Elite Four was Grimsley. Its Scrafty beated 2 of my Pokemon, using its Moxie to power up. But luckily, i could beat him. Also Bisharp was a tricky one. Its moves make them effective agianst many types. The easiest Elite Four for me, was Caitlin. My Galvantula has Bug Buzz and Sucker Punch and is holding a Expert Belt, making it easy. N was not hard, expect Zekrom. And Ghetsis? I lost 4 times to it. Man, how hard.

Flippd
26th September 2011, 8:00 PM
My favorite gym leader is Drayden. He is a strong and willful character. His pokemon are awesome especially Haxorus and his gym is striking and has probably the hardest puzzle. Also his understanding of the Unova myth regarding Zekrom and Reshiram is excellent and he has a high status in the Unova region. He also appeared in the anime with his Haxorus and the battle with Iris clearly shows that he is an extremely high level trainer and he was also revealed to be a dragon master. Overall he is a stunning character formidable opponent and a marvelous gym leader
I like Drayden, too. Especially its funny beard :;201-p; <-- understand this smiley?

Lance The Champ
27th September 2011, 7:09 AM
I like Drayden, too. Especially its funny beard :;201-p; <-- understand this smiley?
Yeah I do...Drayden's beard gives him a touch of mysteriousness. It looks pretty cool on him :;201-d;

MizuJosh
27th September 2011, 7:27 AM
I'm a fan of the leaders in this game and I'm glad there's no real water gym this time, since I can't really count Cress as a "Water" leader, especially since it all varies based on which starter you chose.

The leaders were so involved, and I love that!

I train to really high levels (I'm a grinder, I like to train as much as I can so I don't fail and I don't EV train because I want my Pokémon to be unique) so nobody has been a problem for me. I'm in my 2nd playthrough and I'm in Victory Road with a full 6-Pokémon Team of level 53s. I've been pummeling the leaders!

Lance The Champ
27th September 2011, 7:42 AM
I train to really high levels (I'm a grinder, I like to train as much as I can so I don't fail and I don't EV train because I want my Pokémon to be unique) so nobody has been a problem for me. I'm in my 2nd playthrough and I'm in Victory Road with a full 6-Pokémon Team of level 53s. I've been pummeling the leaders!

Wow... you must have trained hard... I remember I had 4 pokes at that time but I still managed to defeat the leaders and elite four with ease

RaichuArcanine
27th September 2011, 1:24 PM
I enjoyed battling all the gym leaders this generation. Lenora was the hardest for me, her Herdier did massive damage with Take Down, and of course there's her Watchog with Retaliate and Hypnosis, as well as Confuse Ray. I won in the end though. My Pansear(Ritzel) swept Brycen with a combination of Work Up and Flamethrower. My Samurott also swept Drayden, the man whose mouth is covered at all times by his beard, with Swords Dance and Dragon Tail.

~EA~

Darkoon
27th September 2011, 2:05 PM
For me Elesa was a very hard one. She keeps on using Volt Switch, making it hard to take a good target. An example is if you try to hit a Ground type move on Zebstrika. Then is switches to Emolga, that has no effect on the move. Thats why i lost 3 times against her... The easiest Gym was Chili. I got Panpour from the girl at Dreamyard, making it very easy. The hardest Elite Four was Grimsley. Its Scrafty beated 2 of my Pokemon, using its Moxie to power up. But luckily, i could beat him. Also Bisharp was a tricky one. Its moves make them effective agianst many types. The easiest Elite Four for me, was Caitlin. My Galvantula has Bug Buzz and Sucker Punch and is holding a Expert Belt, making it easy. N was not hard, expect Zekrom. And Ghetsis? I lost 4 times to it. Man, how hard.

Agreed! Elesa was very hard indeed, that's the same problem that occur to me as well...
Yeah, Ghetsis is very hard, what pokemon do you think is the strongest in his team? For me it's the Hydreigon, it makes 2 of my pokemon fainted, XD

Lance The Champ
27th September 2011, 2:49 PM
I enjoyed battling all the gym leaders this generation. Lenora was the hardest for me, her Herdier did massive damage with Take Down, and of course there's her Watchog with Retaliate and Hypnosis, as well as Confuse Ray. I won in the end though
~EA~
Most people say Lenora troubled them but somehow I managed to defeat her comfortably. I had Servine and Panpour

Agreed! Elesa was very hard indeed, that's the same problem that occur to me as well...
Yeah, Ghetsis is very hard, what pokemon do you think is the strongest in his team? For me it's the Hydreigon, it makes 2 of my pokemon fainted ,XD
I would have to say Hydreigon and Bouffalant were equally tough

Pinkle
27th September 2011, 4:20 PM
Lenora was insanely hard. Took me 3/4 goes and I had to spam super potions!

I think her Pokemon had attract and my Pokemon were all male.. needless to say that was annoying.

Lance The Champ
27th September 2011, 6:36 PM
The easiest gym leader for me was Skyla... None of her pokemon were strong and she didn't have any other tricks either. On top of that I had Vanillish who wiped the floor with her

The Eleventh
27th September 2011, 6:44 PM
Yeah, Skyla was incredibly easy. It took me two or three minutes to defeat her. She really needs an upgrade in the third version. Brycen wasn't all that difficult, either.

Lance The Champ
27th September 2011, 6:50 PM
Yeah, Skyla was incredibly easy. It took me two or three minutes to defeat her. She really needs an upgrade in the third version. Brycen wasn't all that difficult, either.

If there will be a third version... I hope there will be!

Darkoon
27th September 2011, 7:07 PM
Most people say Lenora troubled them but somehow I managed to defeat her comfortably. I had Servine and Panpour

I would have to say Hydreigon and Bouffalant were equally tough

I have no problems with Bouffalant because I have an Excadrill and my Excadrill OHKOed the Bouffalant with EQ, XD

TheGreatDragonite
27th September 2011, 7:30 PM
I found them all easy except for Burgh. He was tough on my Servine, and Sawks moves weren't very effective, so although I completed it on my first go, he was a challange.

Unlike everyone else, I through Lenora was pretty easy really.

Lance The Champ
27th September 2011, 8:38 PM
Only Clay and Drayden gave me a tough time... Others didn't bother me much... but the levels of all the Gym Leaders' pokemon should have been higher

Yeul
27th September 2011, 8:49 PM
I can't wait to rematch these guys in the third version, and I hope Lenora's even more of a challenge than the last time!

Necro101
27th September 2011, 8:55 PM
1. Personality of gym leaders/elite four: Elesa
2. Your favorite gym leader/elite four:Grimsly
3. The hardest gym leader/elite four:Lenora because of my level

Lance The Champ
28th September 2011, 7:52 AM
My favourite Elite Four is Caitlin. She is really powerful and her princess attitude matches perfectly with her psychic abilities. Her room which is just like a mini palace is wonderful and just perfect for psychic pokemon. Of all her pokemon I like Metagross best who gave me a challenge.

j_gamez
28th September 2011, 8:13 AM
second round of the e4 is not really a challenge except metagross.
kind of disappointed with the e4 in this region, in terms of strength.
maybe excluding marshal.
as for the gym, lenora and elesa.
w/o type advantage, this 2 are quite a challenge.

Lance The Champ
28th September 2011, 9:31 AM
The one that I really had trouble with was Shauntal... especially her Chandelure because I had Darmanitan who had absolutely no attack for Chandelure... Flare Blitz Hammer Arm and Strength could not affect it. Then I had Serperior and Vanilluxe who were both weak against Chandelure. It was extremely difficult to beat her....

Darkoon
28th September 2011, 12:56 PM
second round of the e4 is not really a challenge except metagross.
kind of disappointed with the e4 in this region, in terms of strength.
maybe excluding marshal.
as for the gym, lenora and elesa.
w/o type advantage, this 2 are quite a challenge.

I think in the 3rd game the E4 will be lot harder, just like in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.. :)

Lance The Champ
28th September 2011, 6:30 PM
I think in the 3rd game the E4 will be lot harder, just like in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.. :)
I hope N,Ghetsis and Alder have some different pokemon too in the third game. But then the storyline will change a bit of course

TheEpicGoomba
28th September 2011, 6:34 PM
Elesa was the hardest for me. It wasn't that she was "hard" but she was very annoying. I'd lose several times to her if I didn't have a Rock or a Ground type on me. Stupid Volt Switching Emolga twins.

Larry
28th September 2011, 10:08 PM
I found the gyms to be quite challenging but the E4 was rather dissapointing.

Lance The Champ
29th September 2011, 1:44 PM
1. Personality of gym leaders/elite four: Elesa
2. Your favorite gym leader/elite four:Grimsly
3. The hardest gym leader/elite four:Lenora because of my level

Elesa is pretty famous in Nimbasa city but I don't quite find her personality special. She is a star but personality wise I think Drayden is on top. But everyone has his own choice

#chelloressurection
29th September 2011, 1:55 PM
I personally loved all the gym leaders, but a few were a pain. Clay and the first E4 member with ghost types really made me mad, im sure they wire the game so you cant just breeze through it.

Monster Guy
30th September 2011, 2:38 AM
Only Lenora was difficult. I beat the rest of the gym leaders on the first try.

First round of the elite four was good. I managed to beat them on the first try. Epic Musharna vs Musharna battle against Caitlin. My Musharna beat hers, even though mine was underleveled, and hers knew Shadow Ball.

Second round of the elite four is difficult, but that is because I'm underleveled.

Larry
30th September 2011, 2:42 AM
Only Lenora was difficult. I beat the rest of the gym leaders on the first try.

First round of the elite four was good. I managed to beat them on the first try. Epic Musharna vs Musharna battle against Caitlin. My Musharna beat hers, even though mine was underleveled, and hers knew Shadow Ball.

Second round of the elite four is difficult, but that is because I'm underleveled.

I found Lenora to be one of the easier leaders due to having a Roggenrola on my team.

j_gamez
30th September 2011, 6:31 AM

well, will there even be a 3rd game for b/w?
we wont know, so all we could do is wait.
hope there will be a 3rd game and an upgrade in gym leader's team.

Wild Dragonite
30th September 2011, 6:53 AM
Well, let's see. Lenora was really easy for me, probably because I got lucky and found a Jolly Sawk in Pinwheel Forest.

Elesa was a bit harder, but I had Sandile and she was pretty easy.

Skyla was really easy. I got a Mareep from the Dream World and I used Ampharos to destroy her team.

Brycen was also easy, again because of Sawk.

Iris was the hardest one because my Fraxure had a speed lowering nature and I didn't want to re-level another Axew. I evolved it and swept her. Hehheh... ^^;

The Elite Four was a pain. Marshall's Sawk kept killing my Sigilyph. Other than that I had no real problems. Maybe because I went and leveled them to level 49 before fighting...

Aquarelle
30th September 2011, 10:43 AM
I found most of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four in these games really easily. Brycen was one of the easiest Gym Leaders I've ever battled - I used a Lampent against him in both Black and White IIRC and I'm pretty sure I OHKOed all his Pokemon. The hardest Gym Battle for me was actually the Striaton Gym in both games because the monkey I got always sucked for some reason. >_< In the Elite Four, my only major problem was with Marshal and his Sawk with Sturdy.

My favourite Gym Leaders in Unova are Cilan, Chili, and Cress. I'm always really interested in Gym Leaders who are related. Also, I often really like the first Gym Leaders in a region for some reason.

My favourite Elite Four is Caitlin 'cause I like how she's always sleeping when you go to the Pokemon League. Plus, I really like her room.

hazey
30th September 2011, 3:13 PM
With Scrafty @ lvl 100 it's funny. He can kill everyone except the guy who is weak to Physic/Flying; He can kill his Breloom, though. Scrafty just had to be Jolly and 252 EV in Spe. He's great for leveling Pokemon.

I like the new graphics they use to get you to the Pokemon trainers.

Darkoon
30th September 2011, 3:15 PM
well, will there even be a 3rd game for b/w?
we wont know, so all we could do is wait.
hope there will be a 3rd game and an upgrade in gym leader's team.

Well, I hope so, it would be awesome if there's a 3rd game and the story is expanded! :)
Hope the Gyms and E4 will be harder and more challenging... :)

j_gamez
30th September 2011, 3:40 PM
With Scrafty @ lvl 100 it's funny. He can kill everyone except the guy who is weak to Physic/Flying; He can kill his Breloom, though. Scrafty just had to be Jolly and 252 EV in Spe. He's great for leveling Pokemon.

I like the new graphics they use to get you to the Pokemon trainers.

scrafty is strong against 3/4 of the elite four, so.....

Well, I hope so, it would be awesome if there's a 3rd game and the story is expanded! :)
Hope the Gyms and E4 will be harder and more challenging... :)

if there is, just like other 3rd game, the storyline will sure be edited.
a triple battle for the first gym would be great.
maybe its too early for a triple battle. hmmm..

Lance The Champ
30th September 2011, 7:39 PM
scrafty is strong against 3/4 of the elite four, so.....

if there is, just like other 3rd game, the storyline will sure be edited.
a triple battle for the first gym would be great.
maybe its too early for a triple battle. hmmm..

Triple battle is an awesome introduction in Black and White... I hope in the supposedly third game there will be more triple battles and yeah there should be a gym leader who does triple battle like Liza and Tate in R/S/E. It would be great fun!
Also I think gym leaders should be re-battle-able with higher levels

Larry
30th September 2011, 8:44 PM
Triple battle is an awesome introduction in Black and White... I hope in the supposedly third game there will be more triple battles and yeah there should be a gym leader who does triple battle like Liza and Tate in R/S/E. It would be great fun!
Also I think gym leaders should be re-battle-able with higher levels

I was disappointed with the small number of triple battles in White. The triple battles in Oplucid City are low level.

Lance The Champ
1st October 2011, 2:53 PM
I was disappointed with the small number of triple battles in White. The triple battles in Oplucid City are low level.

Yes exactly that is why I think triple battles should be more and there should be a sort of club or something in which high level triple battles are conducted

Paradoxe
1st October 2011, 3:59 PM
Yes exactly that is why I think triple battles should be more and there should be a sort of club or something in which high level triple battles are conducted

There'll probably be a Battle Frontier area dedicated to Triple Battles in the 3rd game.

Asmoday
1st October 2011, 4:00 PM
i really like alder hes a good idol in the pokemon world

T0XiCITY
1st October 2011, 4:20 PM
My favourite Gym Leader had to be Drayden. He just seemed so experienced, like what a Gym Leader should be like, and it was not exactly the easiest battle at the time since I didn't really have any ice or dragon types -.- derp.

Darkoon
1st October 2011, 4:59 PM
There'll probably be a Battle Frontier area dedicated to Triple Battles in the 3rd game.

That would be awesome if it happens! Battle Subway + Battle Frontier, it's gonna be epic! :D

Lance The Champ
1st October 2011, 6:49 PM
Yeah battle frontier is missing in the 5th gen. Battle subway is good but it can't make up for that. Sinnoh battle frontier was awesome but Unova battle frontier sounds fantastic!

kyogreblue3
2nd October 2011, 12:31 AM
^ Sinnoh Battle Frontier WAS AWESOME. BATTLE CASTLE FTW!

Anyway, about the GLs/E4s . . .
The only leaders I like are Cilan and Chili. The only E4 I like is Grimsley. His hair is epic.

Blacklynx
2nd October 2011, 1:48 AM
Hmm... My fav Gym leader would be Elesa. She had a nice team and I really liked her character. She was also the toughest gym leader I had to fight because of her Zebstrika and Emolga with Volt switch.

My fav Elite 4 members would be Caitlin and Grimsley. I loved Caitlin ever since the Battle Frontier,and this game made her even more awesome for me and Grimsley with his looks, cool character make a plus for me. These two were also tough for mr handle a bit.

j_gamez
2nd October 2011, 2:42 AM
She had a nice team and I really liked her character.

nice team = attack and run volt switching squirrel and zebra?

Yeah battle frontier is missing in the 5th gen. Battle subway is good but it can't make up for that. Sinnoh battle frontier was awesome but Unova battle frontier sounds fantastic!

i think they kinda run out of idea for the battle frontier, or maybe not.
platinum still has battle tower which is really plain and boring, they should have change it to something interesting. eg. battle subway.

i really like the battle subway more than battle tower. i lyke trains.

Lance The Champ
2nd October 2011, 6:09 PM
Hmm... My fav Gym leader would be Elesa. She had a nice team and I really liked her character. She was also the toughest gym leader I had to fight because of her Zebstrika and Emolga with Volt switch.

My fav Elite 4 members would be Caitlin and Grimsley. I loved Caitlin ever since the Battle Frontier,and this game made her even more awesome for me and Grimsley with his looks, cool character make a plus for me. These two were also tough for mr handle a bit.
Caitlin's comeback was a good addition in the game because we can't battle her in the battle castle. Anyway she must recently have become member of Unova Elite Four and left battle castle in Sinnoh...

i think they kinda run out of idea for the battle frontier, or maybe not.
platinum still has battle tower which is really plain and boring, they should have change it to something interesting. eg. battle subway.

i really like the battle subway more than battle tower. i lyke trains.

They could maybe modify battle subway perhaps increase trains with different levels and rules or something...

Blacklynx
3rd October 2011, 1:18 AM
Caitlin's comeback was a good addition in the game because we can't battle her in the battle castle. Anyway she must recently have become member of Unova Elite Four and left battle castle in Sinnoh...

They could maybe modify battle subway perhaps increase trains with different levels and rules or something...

Yeah that's what I was thinking for both. Poor Darach with out his Lady Caitlin.

Lance The Champ
3rd October 2011, 6:10 PM
What about Brycen? I dont know much about him and there is not much about him revealed in the game. He is a mysterious sort of guy like he just keeps himself to himself and just focuses on battling. Sure he looks cool in his outfit and he trains ice type pokemon but there's not much in the game about him like...

RubyRemakeNOW
4th October 2011, 3:16 AM
Anyone else felt this game was rushed and unfinished?

Blacklynx
4th October 2011, 4:14 AM
What about Brycen? I dont know much about him and there is not much about him revealed in the game. He is a mysterious sort of guy like he just keeps himself to himself and just focuses on battling. Sure he looks cool in his outfit and he trains ice type pokemon but there's not much in the game about him like...

Yeah... They could have given him a bit more of a background. Or maybe because he trains Ice types he keeps to himself, and that was the basis for him.

Lance The Champ
4th October 2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah... They could have given him a bit more of a background. Or maybe because he trains Ice types he keeps to himself, and that was the basis for him.

His pokemon were tough too... I remember his Beartic was tough with swagger and Icicle crash and also his cryogonal

Abraace
4th October 2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone else felt this game was rushed and unfinished?

Care to elaborate?

Any particular gym leader/elite four you feel were rushed?

My favourite Gym Leader...err...I'm tempted to say the Triple bros. Waistcoats always look elegant. I faced against Cilan, but it sure is nice to see a Gym actually employ proper type tactics for once.

Other than that, probably Clay, as his grumpy no nonsense personality won me over.

Elite four were my favourite four types, but I can't pick one over the others.

The Oncoming Storm
4th October 2011, 11:53 AM
Brycen is a retired action movie star. He was injured and Alder said he should find innerpeace by training pokemon. Brycen wears the mask so he isn't recognized.

Darkoon
4th October 2011, 6:51 PM
Care to elaborate?

Any particular gym leader/elite four you feel were rushed?

My favourite Gym Leader...err...I'm tempted to say the Triple bros. Waistcoats always look elegant. I faced against Cilan, but it sure is nice to see a Gym actually employ proper type tactics for once.

Other than that, probably Clay, as his grumpy no nonsense personality won me over.

Elite four were my favourite four types, but I can't pick one over the others.

IF, there was a 3rd game, I wish the triple bros will conduct a triple battle, that would be cool... :)

Lance The Champ
4th October 2011, 7:09 PM
Brycen is a retired action movie star. He was injured and Alder said he should find innerpeace by training pokemon. Brycen wears the mask so he isn't recognized.

Yeah that information is in Bulbapedia... I wonder how they got to know this

Blacklynx
4th October 2011, 9:37 PM
Yeah that information is in Bulbapedia... I wonder how they got to know this

Maybe they went and asked directly,unlikely though, or dug deep and found the info somewhere. That Beartic really was strong though, I had my Simisear take care of it though, still was hard.

The Oncoming Storm
4th October 2011, 11:19 PM
its in his character bio released by gamefreak. I think we should have more info on caitlin. Like exactly how long its been. because I think its been about 5-7 years atleast.

Paradoxe
5th October 2011, 1:31 AM
its in his character bio released by gamefreak. I think we should have more info on caitlin. Like exactly how long its been. because I think its been about 5-7 years atleast.

She's 14 fyi.

The Oncoming Storm
5th October 2011, 1:35 AM
She's 14 fyi.

Who says? Bulbapedia?

Lance The Champ
5th October 2011, 7:58 AM
IF, there was a 3rd game, I wish the triple bros will conduct a triple battle, that would be cool... :)

As it is... it should have been in Black and White... A triple battle gym right off the start

Darkoon
5th October 2011, 2:04 PM
As it is... it should have been in Black and White... A triple battle gym right off the start

Yeah, I wish it was like that, unfortunately, it didn't happen... :(
So I wish the 3rd game have the triple battle in the first gym.... :)

Ellerkermike38
5th October 2011, 6:18 PM
What are the best pokemon to use in white version? My starter pokemon is a fire type but not sure it help me out in the elite four.

Lance The Champ
5th October 2011, 7:59 PM
What are the best pokemon to use in white version? My starter pokemon is a fire type but not sure it help me out in the elite four.

Well you should ask that in the help thread... but it doesn't matter which starter you choose. You have to train other pokemon also so you can beat elite four easily. I chose Snivy but tepig is a good choice too.

Larry
5th October 2011, 8:06 PM

There really isn't a team that's the best...

The Oncoming Storm
5th October 2011, 9:36 PM

No body is gonna be ready for a triple battle by that time. Thats why this wouldn't work.

DrasticPhase
5th October 2011, 9:59 PM
My strategy against Lenora was keep on switching my herdier and dewott so Watchog keep losing its Attack so it wont do that damage :)

Lance The Champ
6th October 2011, 4:29 PM
I must say Clay was hard too... first his Krokorok used swagger and my pokemon couldn't land a hit 2 times because of confusion... and if Excadrill uses hone claws 2 times then it gets to be a real pain. It got my dewott by first lowering its speed with bulldoze and then knocked it out with slash... but my Vanillish did the job

Darkoon
6th October 2011, 6:56 PM
I must say Clay was hard too... first his Krokorok used swagger and my pokemon couldn't land a hit 2 times because of confusion... and if Excadrill uses hone claws 2 times then it gets to be a real pain. It got my dewott by first lowering its speed with bulldoze and then knocked it out with slash... but my Vanillish did the job

I found Clay to be pretty easy, I defeated the Excadrill using my Simisear with Flame Burst, I beat Palpitoad and Krokorok using my Leavanny.. :)

Lance The Champ
8th October 2011, 12:11 PM
I found Clay to be pretty easy, I defeated the Excadrill using my Simisear with Flame Burst, I beat Palpitoad and Krokorok using my Leavanny.. :)

I would have defeated Excadrill with Dewott but it had higher speed than Dewott and it landed a hit first which unfortunately was a critical hit

Lucarimew1
8th October 2011, 12:36 PM
i found the gym leaders from bugsy to bryce quite easy. i did have victini then so it gave me an advantage in accuracy.

Lance The Champ
8th October 2011, 5:48 PM
i found the gym leaders from bugsy to bryce quite easy. i did have victini then so it gave me an advantage in accuracy.

Where did Bugsy come into this? lol... maybe you meant Burgh. but yeah if you have a fire type then Burgh and Brycen are no problem...
Did Burgh trouble anyone?

Larry
8th October 2011, 6:05 PM
I had a Tranquil and Boldore so I had no troubles.

Zhanton
9th October 2011, 11:59 AM
Burgh was a breeze. Swoobat was a powerhouse in that battle, and my Dewott and Herdier were good too. I can't remember if Petilil did anything of note in the battle.

Valoo.
9th October 2011, 12:46 PM
I had no problems with Burgh. My Munna took out his Whirlepede, and I think Pansear and Dewott took out the other two.

The only leaders I had trouble with were Skyla and Elesa.

The Eleventh
9th October 2011, 12:48 PM
I can understand the difficulty you had with Elesa, but why Skyla? It's generally agreed that she's the weakest of Unova's Gym Leaders.

Just Another Noob
9th October 2011, 12:53 PM

Yeah, I totally get what you're saying. I had a team of...
Hydreigon lv 65
Volcarona lv 65
Bravairy lv 64
Sammurot lv 66
Darmanitan lv 62
Whimsicott lv 66
Stoutland lv 64

just before I had gone to verse the elite four. I was very sad about how easy it was.

PS: I heard you like mudkips!;258;

Lance The Champ
9th October 2011, 12:54 PM
I had no problems with Burgh. My Munna took out his Whirlepede, and I think Pansear and Dewott took out the other two.

Elesa did bother me yes but Skyla was no problem. I thought she was the easiest gym leader in B/W. I knocked all 3 of her pokemon with 1 hit. All of her pokemon had weak defenses and I got them all with rock slide...
One of her pokemon should have been neutral to rock type moves or high defense.but maybe if I didnt have rock slide she might have given me a hard time

j_gamez
9th October 2011, 1:25 PM
i dont have any problem with burgh although he's leavanny is quite a pain.
i think Brycen gym is the easiest follow by Drayden.
pure ice type have alot weakness and brycen pokemon dosen't have high defense
as for Drayden, sp.attacker can destroy almost everything.

Paradoxe
9th October 2011, 2:17 PM
My Pignite defeated every one of Burgh's pokemon. I think he was the easiest, not Skyla.

But the only three I had trouble with were Lenora, Elesa, and Clay.

OnceUponATime
9th October 2011, 3:02 PM
The only ones I had problems with were Lenora, Elesa, and Drayden. Everytime I would knock out herdier, Lenora would send in Watchog and kill mine off with Retaliate.

With Elesa, I didn't have anything that would be really good against her. Volt Switch killed me! I was using my Servine, Woobat, Tranquil, Zorua, herdier, and Panpour. (Well, that was my team at the time.)

With Drayden, I guess he was just stronger than me. At the time, my team was Excadrill, Lampent, Darmanitan, Serperior, Gothitelle, and Zoroark.

Valoo.
9th October 2011, 7:30 PM
I can understand the difficulty you had with Elesa, but why Skyla? It's generally agreed that she's the weakest of Unova's Gym Leaders.
I honestly have no idea.

Krokorok OHKOed Swoobat with a Crunch, then lost to Swanna. Scraggy also lost to Swanna. The Duosion lost to Swanna, along with Stoutland. After Samurott took out Swanna, he fell to Unfezant which Zoroark defeated. i don't know why I had trouble with her.

I found Brycen to be the easiest. I had just gotten my Pignite, so I destroyed him.

Miura Aoshi
9th October 2011, 10:01 PM
Its agreed mostly that Lenora, Elesa and Drayden were hard but in elite four who was the hardest? For me it was Shauntal... She gave me a real hard time especially her Chandelure was hard to take down. Her strategies and tricks made it hard to hit through...
Marshal was hard too... I had trouble with his Throh who had good defense and attack and it had sturdy. Conkledurr wasn't that hard.

Every time I play through a Pokémon game, I tend to specialize in one particular type. I've always been a huge arachno-freak, so when they came out with Joltik [:595:] and Galvantula [:596:] for the first time ever, I actually put together a Bug-type team. Well, it does contain a Gliscor, but it's a Scorpion Fly based Pokémon, so it works. I might eventually replace it with a Durant. :632:
Anyway, I'm rambling. But surprisingly, the one I had the absolute hardest time with was Marshal. Even Alder was easy in comparison. I had little trouble with Shauntal despite a disadvantage since I had other-typed attacks and I used Gliscor's Earthquake against her Chandelure.
Gym Leader wise, Drayden was definitely the hardest, but Lenora was the most time consuming.

Lance The Champ
10th October 2011, 11:34 AM
Yes Marshal's throh can be a pain if it uses bulldoze on the switch and after lowering its speed knocks it out. His Meinshao with U-turn was annoying too

Fortunato
10th October 2011, 5:11 PM
For me Lenora was the most annoying by far. I speed ran the game and so when I got to her my pokemon were underleveled and that stupid Watchog kept slaughtering me with retaliate. However after a couple restarts I managed to get Pignite high enough to wreck her.

Lance The Champ
11th October 2011, 8:22 PM
Its agreed mostly that Lenora, Elesa and Drayden were hard but in elite four who was the hardest? For me it was Shauntal... She gave me a real hard time especially her Chandelure was hard to take down. Her strategies and tricks made it hard to hit through...
Marshal was hard too... I had trouble with his Throh who had good defense and attack and it had sturdy. Conkledurr wasn't that hard.

the ash man83
11th October 2011, 8:28 PM
I find it coincidental how many people here are saying that Lenora was hard to beat, and that Ash lost to her in his first match against her in the anime.

Galvantula1992
12th October 2011, 3:22 PM
Why do you think that there is no dark type gym? I thought that there would finally be one in Unova seeing as we are now in the fifth generation of pokemon.

Lance The Champ
12th October 2011, 3:50 PM
Why do you think that there is no dark type gym? I thought that there would finally be one in Unova seeing as we are now in the fifth generation of pokemon.

Well yes they could have introduced a dark type gym in B/W... It would have been the first one of its kind... There have been Psychic and Ghost type gyms before. As elite four Grimsley and Sydney of Hoenn are specialized in dark types but no dark type gym

Galvantula1992
12th October 2011, 3:55 PM
Also, the Unova Elite Four all used pokemon types that have been used by previous Elite Four members. This wouldn't be a problem however there are many pokemon types which Elite Four members haven't used yet. So do you think that the Unova Elite Four all used pokemon types that have been used before when there are still other pokemon types that haven't been used by the Elite Four yet?

Galvantula1992
12th October 2011, 3:59 PM
So is Karen of Johto

Yes, your right. Or what they could have done is just swapped Grimsley with an Unova gym leader, preferably Lenora, Elesa, Clay or Skyla because there hasn't yet been a normal, electric, ground or flying type Elite Four member yet.

Lance The Champ
12th October 2011, 4:03 PM
So is Karen of Johto

Yes, your right. Or what they could have done is just swapped Grimsley with an Unova gym leader, preferably Lenora, Elesa, Clay or Skyla because there hasn't yet been a normal, electric, ground or flying type Elite Four member yet.

Yes it would be interesting to see a Flying type specialist Elite Four or a grass or electric type.

Galvantula1992
12th October 2011, 4:28 PM
It's also interesting to think about what gym badge the dark type gym leader would have handed out.

Lance The Champ
12th October 2011, 8:15 PM
Another thing that they should have set the difficulty and levels of all Elite Four member higher... They have such low levels that anybody with an ordinary team can just breeze through. I hope if a third game comes Elite Four will be tougher

Yeul
12th October 2011, 8:33 PM
I thought Dark was the Elite type, and kept as such as a thanks by Game Freak for balancing a metagame dominated by Psychics back then.
Shouldn't you guys look underneath the surface of these odd lil' things?

R_N
12th October 2011, 8:54 PM
I thought Dark was the Elite type, and kept as such as a thanks by Game Freak for balancing a metagame dominated by Psychics back then.
Shouldn't you guys look underneath the surface of these odd lil' things?

Because that is kind of ridiculous when Steel was also brought in for that purpose and the original "Elite" dark trainer also had non-Dark Pokemon and that the original Dark Pokemon were not that great.

Meanwhile, Dragon, the purposely overpowered type got put in gyms, too.

Galvantula1992
12th October 2011, 9:50 PM
I completely agree with you, Snowyarticuno.

KibaLG8
12th October 2011, 10:30 PM
I have a question about a certain Unova gym leader. I never understood Elesa's design. Is she showing some skin or is that peach-colored part of what she is wearing?o.0 I never was able to figure that out.

R_N
13th October 2011, 5:43 AM
I have a question about a certain Unova gym leader. I never understood Elesa's design. Is she showing some skin or is that peach-colored part of what she is wearing?o.0 I never was able to figure that out.

I think it's supposed to be skin? iirc, it seemed that way in the brief anime clip I saw

Lance The Champ
13th October 2011, 7:44 PM
Also I think Cynthia is more powerful than Alder... I had much more difficulty battling Cynthia's team in Black. While Alder's team was pretty easy except for Volcarona who troubled with quiver dance. But defeating Cynthia was no walk in the park...Her team was clearly better than Alder's...

Resident evil
13th October 2011, 8:04 PM
Also I think Cynthia is more powerful than Alder... I had much more difficulty battling Cynthia's team in Black. While Alder's team was pretty easy except for Volcarona who troubled with quiver dance. But defeating Cynthia was no walk in the park...Her team was clearly better than Alder's...

You're right there. I easily 6-0 swept Alder with my own Volcarona, while even my modest natured, EV Trained volcarona, I still had trouble with Cynthia's team, esspecially in B/W where her team gets a considerable level boost.

-Resident evil ;461;

The Eleventh
13th October 2011, 8:13 PM
Cynthia wasn't too difficult for me in White. She was insanely difficult in Platinum, considering our levels matched. Even so, I wasn't that ahead of her level-wise in White. I wish she'd stop changing her Pokémon, though. xD First Gastrodon, then Togekiss, and now Eelektross. She never has a constant team. I prefer her Black and White team, though, especially with the addition of Braviary. It really suits her.

Lorde
13th October 2011, 9:47 PM
I thought Cynthia and Alder were the same in terms of difficulty. I ran into some problems while I was battling Cynthia for the first time in Undella Town, but I overcame those problems and I managed to defeat her quite easily after that. The same goes for Alder, although I've only battled him five times so far. I still like Alder more than Cynthia, though. He seems like a cool person, while Cynthia comes off as being the "holier-than-thou" type.

Lance The Champ
14th October 2011, 4:30 PM
I thought Cynthia and Alder were the same in terms of difficulty. I ran into some problems while I was battling Cynthia for the first time in Undella Town, but I overcame those problems and I managed to defeat her quite easily after that. The same goes for Alder, although I've only battled him five times so far. I still like Alder more than Cynthia, though. He seems like a cool person, while Cynthia comes off as being the "holier-than-thou" type.

I think Cynthia is the strongest of all the champions... both her Platinum and B/W teams are the toughest and most challenging compared to other champions... Steven in Emerald is extremely hard and not far from Cynthia but not any others... and Cynthia is much cooler than Alder.

Larry
14th October 2011, 5:31 PM
I think Cynthia is the strongest of all the champions... both her Platinum and B/W teams are the toughest and most challenging compared to other champions... Steven in Emerald is extremely hard and not far from Cynthia but not any others... and Cynthia is much cooler than Alder.

I know he's not in B/W but the reamatch with your rival in FR/LG was ridic.

Lance The Champ
15th October 2011, 5:35 PM
I know he's not in B/W but the reamatch with your rival in FR/LG was ridic.

Who Gary? yes he was diffiicult but he can't match Cynthia... Cynthia is incredibly difficult to beat in D/P and B/W... the argument was between Cynthia and Alder and I stood for Cynthia

DasBoot
15th October 2011, 6:16 PM
Cynthia and Alder were strangely easy for me to defeat. I didn't even use my whole group of Pokémon to defeat Alder.
I mainly used Volcarona and Jolteon to beat Alder, I also used Simipour to get his Volcarona. While they did put up a fight, they didn't put up a strong fight in my opinion.

Lance The Champ
16th October 2011, 7:05 PM
Cynthia and Alder were strangely easy for me to defeat. I didn't even use my whole group of Pokémon to defeat Alder.
I mainly used Volcarona and Jolteon to beat Alder, I also used Simipour to get his Volcarona. While they did put up a fight, they didn't put up a strong fight in my opinion.

Really? Well Cynthia was extremely hard for me and I lost twice to her before defeating her but I had only 3 trained pokes and their level was well below Cynthia's so yeah...

Ces
16th October 2011, 7:11 PM
I'm very happy with the roles Gym leaders and Alder played in the story, made me like them more than past gym leaders.

Lance The Champ
20th October 2011, 7:17 PM
Yes now every gym leader has a role in the story... the Sinnoh gym leaders had roles in the storyline too. Its good it makes the game more exciting. But the elite four didn't have a role in the story except Alder... I do wish Grimsley who's my favorite elite four had a role in the storyline. Still he could have a role in the anime

redcharzard
20th October 2011, 9:51 PM
Cynthia was a nasty surprise, I didn't know she was in the game and the first battle went horribly wrong. My strongest pokemon was at level 60. During my first run through Platinum, she was a pain because my team was under leveled. Loweest was lv 44 Lucario, highest 55 torterra. I won through the use of revies. Her togekiss was evil!!! It took my entire team down 5 times. She and Flint wer the reason I used 72 rivies I went in with 99 revies, lava cookies, full restores, and moomoo milks. Everything other then the revies were 40+ and mostley because of her.

The secound run was much easeir my team was around level 57-59 and I found her to be pretty easy.

Alder is pretty good. His team would destroy a grass team because Grass types can't effectively use their grass stab moves on most of his pokemon(bouffelunt is completely immune to grass type moves and gets a 1 attack stage increase every time it is hit by one(sap sipper really surprised me)). I used stealth rock(this really messed him up) one time and and learned that his volcarona has a odd number of hp. My favorite elite four member of the unova region is Grimsly(he is the best of the three dark type elite four members) Catilin gets secound(would have been first if she had a better team and some variety(3 pure psychics, two psychic steels and 1 psychic flying with only one pokemon with a fighting move is a bad mix))

Rezzuréct
21st October 2011, 5:08 AM
I like Elesa XD. Because she plays with strategy

Claus351
22nd October 2011, 9:44 PM
Unova Gyms were relativley easy. the most trouble was the second one in which her stupid watchog kept hypnosizing my team. ._____.
Cynthia in platinum was uber hard. I spent weeks on it. over 9000 revives and all xD then one day I miraculously beat her and moved on, which was a releif. When I saw her in WHITE However, My mind was blown entirley. and my team was anything but ready for her. highest was 61 lowest was like..48. it was...chaotic. I came back at level 75 and still had trouble but barley managed to beat her. :D

as for the E4, it was awesome!!! It was a breeze for the most part until grimsley. he.drove.me.nuts. IT WAS INSANE! half my pokemon were weak to him and the other half was even. it took a few tries..N Was a breeze. Ghetis was super super hard but I barley scraped past him. E4 second time was ..pretty difficult. My highest was around 70 but i still managed to beat them. Don't ask how I beat alder cus to this day I don't really remember. I recall we had guests over and when I beat him I ran out screaming in victory to get a bunch of akward looks.. xDD

Xrian
23rd October 2011, 12:37 PM
First time I played through I found them easy, and when I went to rebattle them as I tend to do for training purposes I was basically screwed over because they then jump to level 70+

OnceUponATime
23rd October 2011, 4:46 PM
I found Elesa hard because of Volt Switch. But Drayden... He was hard to beat. It took me two or three times with the team of: Serperior, Gothitelle, Excadrill, Lampent, Darmanitan, and Swanna. (Using mainly Gothitelle, Excadrill, and Lampent.)

AuraSphere
23rd October 2011, 8:43 PM
Elesa is harder when you started out the game with a Oshawott. Constantly rotating between Potions and Revives...and Emolga's Static makes things worse.

Lance The Champ
24th October 2011, 11:25 AM
Elesa is harder when you started out the game with a Oshawott. Constantly rotating between Potions and Revives...and Emolga's Static makes things worse.

Yes its difficult if you choose Oshawott. I chose Snivy so I only had to worry about paralysis

floatzel98
24th October 2011, 11:59 AM
i also chose snivy and i found her hard for me. i didn't have any moves to hit her emolga's super-effectively , which made it very hard. at least for me

SajiNoKami
24th October 2011, 1:27 PM
Elite 4:
Party: Lvs between 55 & 68 :503: :561: ;181; ;262; :637: ;447;
Strategy: Sacrifice/Suicide, a lot of times the enemy just kills it's self
with recoil, getting a burn or out of pure annoyance of my revives.
Guys seemed to have better attitudes than the girls.
Most difficult: Caitlin
Easiest: Marshal

Very Hack/Slash, I don't use much strategy.

That Cynthia tho, got rid of:
Spiritomb
Milotic
Braviary
Lucario [watched him burn himself to death]
Garchomp got me... figured I should level.

Finally got :503: to 71
and :561: :637: in the 60's
\o/

Paddyabc
24th October 2011, 1:44 PM
By far my favourite method of beating E4+Champion...

Gliscor - Sword Dance+ Rock Polish+ Double Team+ Baton Pass
Magikarp - Splash+ Tackle+ Flail

Works every time...

~Sam~
24th October 2011, 1:55 PM
in my white playthrough (before i lost it) i had a team that catlin was ready to screw soi had to trade my krookodile over from black to beat her

SajiNoKami
24th October 2011, 1:56 PM
Opposite on this one.
I actually though Ghetsis was a show battle just to move the story..
no actually losing, then: oh crap.. this is the final. The first two, we both had our members faint, then brought out :503: and she just used surf on the last 4.. the fact Ghetsis made it rain... did not help him.

Gym Leaders
I don't remember really having issues with anyone. When the woman tells you who you used for each badge, it surprises me though. [a lillpup.. purrlion... patrat... roggenrola... Pansear.. drilbur.. sewaddle... pidove.. deerling, then got the sheep from the DW]. Oshawott was always in the party tho.. finishing move razor shell, awesome move.
I found the 'friends' to be more difficult.

Qmaz246
24th October 2011, 2:16 PM
One thing i find weird is that in the difference in the pokemon levels in Ruby/Sapphire to Emerald, the twins have different pokemon and different levels, and all the other leaders (Besides the 8th) have the same pokemon.

SajiNoKami
26th October 2011, 6:04 AM
WOOT!
Just beat Cynthia.

My party:

:637: [67]: faint: 1, Kills: 4, 1 max revive
:612: [62]: faint: 1, Kills: 1
:565: [59]: never went to battle
:503: [72]: faint: 0, Kills: 1, revived :637:
:561: [67]: faint: 1, changed the turn timing with quick claw
:644: [57]: faint: 1 <= cannot hold his own, at all.. needs levels
It was mainly a tag team of :637: and :503:
with :612: just demolishing Garchomp. No, actually, it took 3 hits,
but Garchomp just could not land a hit at all, missed every turn.
Milotic was the difficult one this time,
kept kicking :503: out of battle and fainted 4 of the party.

Lance The Champ
26th October 2011, 11:37 AM
WOOT!
Just beat Cynthia.

My party:

:637: [67]: faint: 1, Kills: 4, 1 max revive
:612: [62]: faint: 1, Kills: 1
:565: [59]: never went to battle
:503: [72]: faint: 0, Kills: 1, revived :637:
:561: [67]: faint: 1, changed the turn timing with quick claw
:644: [57]: faint: 1 <= cannot hold his own, at all.. needs levels
It was mainly a tag team of :637: and :503:

Wow... nice calculations and memory... I couldn't remember the revives and things when I beat her

SajiNoKami
26th October 2011, 12:30 PM
Wow... nice calculations and memory... I couldn't remember the revives and things when I beat her

My memory is horrible, I just posted with in minutes of the battle.

Ces
26th October 2011, 1:56 PM
You inspired me to try my luck against Cynthia and chronicle how it went, Saji. I defeated her with a team of Bananas the Infernape (82, yes, overleveled), Mittens the Hydreigon (64), Ouroboros the Reuniclus (64), Tails the Cinccino (60), a Swanna (48), and a Carracosta (37). Using Carracosta was inspired by your earlier post where you used a Carracosta, but mine was simply to stall and let me use items as it had sturdy. First up was her spiritomb, which had a combo of pressure and double team, which is nice if you want the enemy to lose some PP. I was lucky, and defeated Spiritomb with a Stone Edge and Overheat from Bananas. Next up was Milotic. I withdrew Bananas and sent out Tailspin, hoping a technicianed bullet seed would put a dent in Milotic. However, I accidentally chose tail slap, which only hit twice, but did a decent amount of damage. Unfortunately, Tailspin was OHKOed by a Hydro Pump. Next, I decided to try my luck and use my Bananas again. I figured a Close Combat should be able to defeat Milotic, which it did. After Milotic, was her Braviary. I decided to sacrifice Carracosta and use a revive and hyper potion and Tailspin, as it would take Braviary two turns to defeat Carracosta. He fainted for a noble cause. Next, I sent out Tailspin again. I was determined to get him some experience, so I used Rock Blast on Braviary, and managed to get 4 hits, which KOed it. Next up was Lucario, whom I defeated with a single overheat from Bananas. Her fifth Pokemon was her fearsome Garchomp. Luckily, Mittens was prepared. I chose to make Bananas use Close Combat simply to see how well it would do. Fortunately, it put Garchomp into the red, which would work to my advantage. Garchomp KOed Bananas with EQ, so I sent out Mittens. Cynthia used a full restore on this turn, when I decided to use Draco Meteor. Draco Meteor managed to OHKO Garchomp. Lastly, was her Eelektross. I decided to give Ouroboros some experience. Eelektross's crunches did little damage to Ouroboros, even though they were super-effective. I ended the match by using Psychic a few times. Victory was mine.

2rsa
27th October 2011, 5:54 PM
I loved Dryden(if i remember right) and elesa.
For me defeating elesa was hard cause my team was weak and she kept using volt switch.

Lance The Champ
29th October 2011, 1:04 PM
If I start pokemon white I'll train a tympole so by the time I reach Nimbasa city it will have evolved into a Palitoad so I won't have much problem against Elesa and her annoying attacks especially volt switch

redcharzard
29th October 2011, 6:29 PM
Elesa should have had an Eelecktick and a Joltick in place of one of her Emolga. Clay should have had a Dwebble with sandstorm, and a Golett with sandstorm to set up for Excadrill. Skyla should have had a Sigilyph and an Archen to provide a better challenge. Brycen needed doubles of his pokemon just to make him seem tougher. Iris/Drayden needed a Zweilous, a secound druddigon and a secound fraxure to make him/her a good warm up for the elite four. Burgh could have had sunny day for Leavanny's cholophyll ability and maybe a Swalloon to use it? Lenora didn't really need anything and all 3 of the 1st gym's leaders should have been in a three on one triple/rotation battle. That would have made them an actual challenge.

The Oncoming Storm
29th October 2011, 11:54 PM
I love facing the e4 the second time. They are pretty damn easy when you use a reuniclus and krookodile on your team!

shinyhunterJorge
30th October 2011, 2:36 AM
My favorite gym leader was Drayden since my Hydrogein wiped almost everyone out.

{(•)___(•)}
30th October 2011, 2:47 AM
I think Black and White have by far the easiest gym leaders of all the games. Burgh is a total joke. I don't think he has ever knocked out a single one of my Pokemon. The only gym leader I have ever had trouble with is Lenora.

Lance The Champ
30th October 2011, 7:57 AM
Skyla was a joke too... If Braviary was reserved for Cynthia then yeah Skyla should have had Sigilyph, Archeops or Mandibuzz for confusing tricks

Minteh
30th October 2011, 11:58 PM
I didn't really have trouble with any of the gym leaders. I struggled with Skyla's Swanna at first but once I levelled up my team it was pretty easy.
I like Drayden. He was so wise and his team had an excelent array of dragon types.
I hated Burgh. My Pignite took out all of his pokemon with one move. It's a shame really considering all the hard work you have to do to get to him and then you have this really bad battle.

Lance The Champ
2nd November 2011, 8:09 AM
Anyone had trouble with Shauntal? o_o

Cratess
2nd November 2011, 8:21 AM
My favorite Gym Leader would be Drake.He looks like an EPIC pirate,and he uses dragon types. :D

j_gamez
2nd November 2011, 4:19 PM
Anyone had trouble with Shauntal? o_o
not really, caitlin is the only elite four that i have trouble with.

My favorite Gym Leader would be Drake.He looks like an EPIC pirate,and he uses dragon types. :D
i dont know if we can discuss about other gen stuff, but drake isn't a gym leader.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
5th November 2011, 8:40 PM
I discovered something fascinating about Caitlin; it's her ribbon.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Caitlin

In Generation IV, she has ribbons on her forehead whereas in Generation V, those heart shapes on the tip of her hair are actually the ribbons she had on her head!

firemaster13
5th November 2011, 8:54 PM
skyla is very easy to beat

DusknoirDarkness
6th November 2011, 9:32 AM
I think that Caitlin from Elite 4 is very, very easy.

The only think that you need to defeat her, is a Krokodile Lvl 68 and a Volcarona Lvl 80.

Zappy!
6th November 2011, 11:55 AM
I found the Gym Leaders & Elite 4 much easier in White than I did in previous versions. It felt too simple once completing the game. I was expecting more. (-.-)

yanmegy423
7th November 2011, 7:18 AM
For me Shauntall and Caitlin are in my top 3 favs in Elite Four, my no 1 being Bertha (:D!)

Caitlin has a really cool entrance thingmajig-thing (telepathy :D)

OshyHikari
7th November 2011, 8:55 PM
I found Elesa pretty easy, beat her with only my Zebstrika thanks to a Flame Charge/Motor Drive combination.

Valoo.
7th November 2011, 9:15 PM
The only think that you need to defeat her, is a Krokodile Lvl 68 and a Volcarona Lvl 80.
Well I think you would beat most Elite Four members with a super effective type, and a powerful Pokemon seven levels stronger than the trainer's strongest Pokemon.

Shadow249
14th November 2011, 10:07 PM
I like the gym leaders in this game.
The hardest for me was Skyla. Her Swanna was a MONSTER. It took me like 4 tries to beat that thing.
The easiest has to be Cilan. His Pokemon were whimps.
The elite four was very easy. I went counter clockwise instead of the normal clockwise. And believe it or not they were the easiest e4 in the series(even easier than Johto's lol).

MugoUrth
22nd November 2011, 3:43 AM
I like the gym leaders in this game.
The hardest for me was Skyla. Her Swanna was a MONSTER. It took me like 4 tries to beat that thing.
The easiest has to be Cilan. His Pokemon were whimps.
The elite four was very easy. I went counter clockwise instead of the normal clockwise. And believe it or not they were the easiest e4 in the series(even easier than Johto's lol).

Really? Considering the best water move Swanna can learn is "Bubblebeam." ...Except for HM Moves.

I take back what I said about the Gym Leaders not being pushovers. I just fought Drayden, and I had forgotten to heal my monsters, and I only had one guy left and a full revive, and I STILL won! It was down to my Excadrill VS his Haxorus, and he used Slash! ...Really? Slash? REALLY!?! That was the best line of defense you had against Excadrill? For Skyla, it was the Pokemon's fault she was a pushover, not the gym leader. There HAD to have been a move that Haxorus could have had other than SLASH.

Netz
22nd November 2011, 10:11 PM
I think the Elite four was a bit lame in this game.
Though the scene when you battle ghetsis and N is very cool.
The hardest gym i found was the dragon gym. Dragon Dance gave me lots of trouble.

thekorean
22nd November 2011, 11:27 PM
Really? Considering the best water move Swanna can learn is "Bubblebeam." ...Except for HM Moves.

Swanna is easy, catch Joltik, evolve it in to Galvantula and take it down with electric move, one or two hits will suffice and Galvantula can generally take a hit or two since its neutral against flying type moves.

R_N
22nd November 2011, 11:27 PM

I take back what I said about the Gym Leaders not being pushovers. I just fought Drayden, and I had forgotten to heal my monsters, and I only had one guy left and a full revive, and I STILL won! It was down to my Excadrill VS his Haxorus, and he used Slash! ...Really? Slash? REALLY!?! That was the best line of defense you had against Excadrill? For Skyla, it was the Pokemon's fault she was a pushover, not the gym leader. There HAD to have been a move that Haxorus could have had other than SLASH.

It's sad, but there really wasn't. It looks like they wanted to stick to as "natural" a move pool as possible beyond the leader's TM, otherwise it could have had Brick Break or Dig.

Earth Wolf-Howl
26th November 2011, 8:34 PM
The easiest gym leader for me would probably be Brycen. Despite the fact that half my team hated Ice, he was still strangely easy.
The hardest gym overall was Drayden's. My Fraxure kept getting knocked out by all the other dragons, the way to the exit was complex when I just had my Serperior remaining, and... the gym leader was...
Very easy.

For me, the hardest member of the Elite Four was Grimsley. You see, my top screen is slightly deformed, blocking out some of the text, so I thought the northwest room was Fighting. I had switched out Archeops to beat him, and ended up getting my butt kicked by his Bisharp. Good times.

MugoUrth
27th November 2011, 6:32 PM
I may have backed down on backing up the Gym Leaders, but I CAN say that the Elite 4 members are formidable opponents compared to the Gym Leaders. Their moves make sense for such strong opponents, they have good coverage, high levels.

Kitsunetsuki
30th November 2011, 8:23 PM
You're going to laugh at this one, but I found Cilan/Cress/Chili to be extremely difficult at first. They beat me 5 times in a row.

And talking about the E4, gosh. They are DIFFICULT like you don't have any idea! Especially for Shauntal and Marshal. This, for me, was the second most challenging E4 that has ever existed, being behind Johto's E4 (Karen for the win, lól).

~Nidoking~
30th November 2011, 8:29 PM
I found the elite 4 less of an issue then Cilian and Lenora. Lenora tore my team apart, and don't get me started on Work Up.

WhyHelloThere
1st December 2011, 12:18 AM
I may have backed down on backing up the Gym Leaders, but I CAN say that the Elite 4 members are formidable opponents compared to the Gym Leaders. Their moves make sense for such strong opponents, they have good coverage, high levels.

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be like that.

Luna-kun
1st December 2011, 4:54 PM
1. Personality of gym leaders/elite four Caitlin (she is like me..sleepy...and even has a bed....lol in elite castle ^^
2. Your favorite gym leader/elite four Skyla
3. The hardest gym leader/elite four Skyla(in party with starters)

Galvantula1992
3rd December 2011, 12:12 PM
I don't understand why people say that the Striaton City Gym would be too early in the games for a triple/rotation battle. All that would need to be done in Pokemon Grey, or what ever the remake ends up being called (if there is a remake) is to make Pansage, Pansear and Panpour lower levelled (at something like Level 10) so that they aren't too difficult to beat.

What do you think?

Victory
3rd December 2011, 12:20 PM
I really wish Elesa would have used only one Emolga. We had Stunfisk, Tynamo/Elektrik/Eelektross, and Joltik/Galvantula that weren't used yet that she could have used. I would prefer Tynamo/Elektrik.

The Eleventh
3rd December 2011, 12:21 PM
I don't understand why people say that the Striaton City Gym would be too early in the games for a triple/rotation battle. All that would need to be done in Pokemon Grey, or what ever the remake ends up being called (if there is a remake) is to make Pansage, Pansear and Panpour lower levelled (at something like Level 10) so that they aren't too difficult to beat.

What do you think?
The opposition isn't there due to the Gym Leaders' levels, but due to the fact that you'd need to have at least three fairly well-trained Pokémon so early in the game.

Galvantula1992
3rd December 2011, 3:28 PM
But if Pansage, Pansear and Panpour were at lower levels then the three pokemon that you'd face Chili, Cilan and Cress with wouldn't need to be as well trained in order to defeat them.

Dragonicwari
3rd December 2011, 3:42 PM
The opposition isn't there due to the Gym Leaders' levels, but due to the fact that you'd need to have at least three fairly well-trained Pokémon so early in the game.

I dont think it would be that hard; you would have to take out the monkey that has a type advantage over your starter, then neither of their could hit your starter for stab super effective damage. I think growl can hit all pokemon on the opposing team at once, which would weaken them. I'd really like to have the opportunity to have this as an option in game...And make it so people that didn't want to do the 3v3 could do a regular battle

Zoruagible
3rd December 2011, 8:23 PM
My favorite gym leaders are Skyla, and Elesa.
The hardest in my opinion is Drayden/Iris.

nathandg0924
4th December 2011, 12:23 AM
The Gym leaders, though I kinda liked them all in some way, were all easy. I didn't have a hard time fighting them all but the most difficult were Lenora and Elesa. Followed I guess by Cilan, Cress and Chili. But they're all not hard. My fave gym leader has got to be Elesa :)

thekorean
4th December 2011, 7:48 AM

Yea and plus one Thunderbolt or even Shockwave will destroy Swanna.

R_N
4th December 2011, 8:01 AM
Triple Battles are difficult to do when they're first introduced and continue to be throughout subsequent appearances, even when you might be a little more used to them and have better Pokemon.
But, they are also optional.

Suddenly forcing a triple (or Rotation) battle as one of your first battles is hideously unfair. Even if levels were toned down a bit, you still have so few Pokemon to actually use, the ones you can kind of suck (purrloin...), the monkeys would still put up a hard fight (triplets no why are you all using Cheer Up and oh god here comes the staaaaabs), and your starter can easily be screwed over by the other two monkeys while it focuses on the other monkey.
Plus it's a game mechanic you likely won't see for again for a while due to being so situational.

Muffindog
4th December 2011, 12:00 PM
Favourite Gym leader has got to be brycen, he is a guy who loves ice type and I love vanilite that looks like an ice-cream

Lance The Champ
4th December 2011, 7:26 PM
I would say elite four were tougher than gym leaders as far as difficulty level is concerned

UbersSuck20
4th December 2011, 7:51 PM
Favorite: Obviously, Clay. He has the best Pokémon from Unova that is not a legendary.
Hardest: Lenora. I hate her. Watchog + Hypnosis = Broken DS. :D

Mr. pokedude
5th December 2011, 4:52 AM
I would say elite four were tougher than gym leaders as far as difficulty level is concerned

Possibly.

Favorite: Obviously, Clay. He has the best Pokémon from Unova that is not a legendary.
Hardest: Lenora. I hate her. Watchog + Hypnosis = Broken DS. :D

Totally...

Solution: Go catch a Throh and have Chesto berries and Awakening/Full Heal.

sAv1Or)
6th December 2011, 5:01 AM
Definitely did not enjoy the comeback of the Normal type gym. Always a pain. My favorite gym leader is Drayden, because of the Dragon types of course. I also liked Alder. His style was pretty cool. He used some of the Pokemon I really liked from the 5th gen.

foxyman1167
6th December 2011, 5:40 AM
Favorite Gym Leader is Cilan/Cress/Chili, simply because Nintendo decided to finally not use Rock as the first gym again.

Lance The Champ
7th December 2011, 12:44 PM
Favorite Gym Leader is Cilan/Cress/Chili, simply because Nintendo decided to finally not use Rock as the first gym again.

I agree. I was bored of seeing rock type gym as the first again and again

Colossi
7th December 2011, 10:32 PM
The unova champion bgm didn't have that cool touch like the other champion bgm's :(

Guardianofthesea
8th December 2011, 1:37 AM
Drayden has a fairly interesting personality and trains my second favorite type, Dragon and has my fourth favorite Pokemon, Haxorus.

Lance The Champ
12th December 2011, 5:56 PM
I think Drayden should have been in elite four

ThisIsPatrick
14th December 2011, 11:59 AM
Fav Gym Leader- Cilan because of Pansage
Hardest Gym- Elesa because of her Volt Switch Strategy
Easiest Gym- Burgh was the easiest for me because of my Pignite & Pidove

TheBluePorygon
14th December 2011, 10:52 PM
I liked Elesa, she was pretty ;O

And uh all the GL's were easy

pokemontrainerandrea
15th December 2011, 12:29 AM
my favorite gym leader is cilan
because his strategy was awesome when he battled satoshi

TheBluePorygon
15th December 2011, 1:56 AM
my favorite gym leader is cilan
because his strategy was awesome when he battled satoshi

This is in game, not on the show.

I also liked Chili, cause he's got a cool name and a Pansear

VIA
16th December 2011, 12:16 AM
I hated elesa cause all my pokemon were weak to her. But with the help of Zoroark she was easy. I was scared of going up against ice cause' I had nothing good against it but then I found out rock is good against ice. When did that happen?

sAv1Or)
16th December 2011, 5:20 PM
I was really not a big fan of the 1st gym because they used those monkeys....man do i hate those monkeys. I think the idea was right though to use your weakness

Victory
16th December 2011, 8:58 PM
I love Iris so much! She was a bit tough, and I loved how she was energetic

celestial phantom
16th December 2011, 11:08 PM
My two favorite gym leaders are skyla and elesa. I just enjoy using the cannons in her gym which adds an element that other gyms haven't reached. I hated elesa spamming volt switch but loved her personality, as it was like the pep of a ludicolo plus she's like the only leader who does what a leader does outside the gym which is help trainers (i.e. Bianca).

Rhonder
17th December 2011, 7:16 AM
Hmm... I dunno really who my favorite leader is this generation. Mostly because I've only gone through black once I think. Probably Bryson just because ice types are my favorites. One thing that I was extremely disappointed about was that the 1st gym wasn't a triple battle... I was totally expecting it with all the hype about triple battles. Then when I noticed that there were 3 gym leaders I was like "Sweet, this'll be fun!" Then I was unfortunately disappointed...

The hardest for me was Lenora, as it has been with several other people as well. I lost a few times straight up (her herdier seemed to hit sooo much harder than mine...) So I totally ended up having to go grind outside the city to finally beat her XD

I'm pretty neutral about the E4. At first I thought that their types seemed challenging, but I EV trained a Chandelure shortly after getting there for the VGC, so now it can nearly solo the E4 pretty easily. I admit, Ghestis gave me a pretty good run for my money with that Hydreigon. I had a Beartic, but it was too slow to reliably hit it, so I had to redo that fight over and over again till I got lucky and he missed a few times 8D

Piplupstars
17th December 2011, 8:43 AM
My favourite gym leader would have to probably be Cilan or Drayden. But in terms of difficulty I would have to say Elesa or Cress. Cress because I only trained my tepig because I didn't want to train Pansage so basically during Panpour I weaked it while it used work up and then sweeped Tepig. And Elesa was plain annoying with VOLT SWITCH and my guys were pretty underleveled.

For the easiest I would have to say Lenora. But only because I had pignite and Roggenrola. But she was plain annoying on my white. Skyla basically all her pokemon have no good moves or anything and Burgh's pokemon were too weak.

For elite 4 Caitlin proved to be the most annoying because they carried so much move types and I ran low on PP. Marshal was easy as I swept with Reuniclus for his first 3 and then Jellicent walled Mienshao.

And for Pokemon Gray, I think they should do a triple battle with the trio but maybe with your rivals with you sort of like those double battles with those guys (Riley, Marley, etc) in d/p/pt.

SceptileFan
17th December 2011, 5:54 PM
I actually think this was the first game I've ever had where I DID NOT lose to one of the gym leaders on my first try. For Cilan, I used the Pansear and then ditched it. LEnora was probably the toughest, but I eventually pulled it out using my (at the time) Timburr/Gurdurr (I can't remember if I had evolved it or not). Burgh was cake with my Archen and Zebstrika with Flame Charge. Elesa was handled easily by my Krokarok and Boldore. Clay was "washed up" by my Dewott and Conkeldurr. Skyla was taken care of by Archeops and Zebstrika. Brycen was destroyed by my Conkeldurr and Zebstrika (still with Flame Charge). For Iris I trained up a Haxorus and wiped her out handily.

Other than Lenora somewhat, I have to say I was somewhat unimpressed. But maybe that's because I'm insistent on getting my Pokemon 3 levels above the gym leader's highest before I battle...hmm...

Lance The Champ
23rd December 2011, 10:18 AM
I didn't like the striaton gym leaders much and they were pretty easy... but I liked Cress in the show... His style was impressive and he battled really well...
But in the game apart from Elesa the rest were a joke...I hope their pokes' level is higher in the third game and be more of a challenge. Same for the elite four

abrar14
23rd December 2011, 11:56 AM
The anime made me like Cilan more

Grei
23rd December 2011, 6:47 PM
I disagree with everyone who is saying they were a joke.

I think these Gym Leaders were actually more challenging than previous Gym Leaders. Chances are, the only instances where they should be easy is where you specifically planned for them, or when you were overleveled. Obviously, if you overlevel, your Pokemon are going to wipe the floor with the Gym Leader.

The Eleventh
23rd December 2011, 6:55 PM
I disagree with everyone who is saying they were a joke.

I think these Gym Leaders were actually more challenging than previous Gym Leaders. Chances are, the only instances where they should be easy is where you specifically planned for them, or when you were overleveled. Obviously, if you overlevel, your Pokemon are going to wipe the floor with the Gym Leader.
Please; you were given a Pokémon with an advantage over the first Gym Leader, Burgh was a breeze if you had a Fire-type or Flying-type move on hand, Clay wasn't too bad, Skyla was laughable, while Brycen was the bearer of the Ice-type, which is very poor defensively.

The only three that could generally be considered difficult are Lenora, Elesa and Drayden or Iris. The advent of reusable TMs made Gym Leader a lot easier, and so the Gym Leaders are in dire need of an upgrade in the future to account for this.

foxyman1167
23rd December 2011, 6:57 PM
I don't have a problem with any Gym Leader, except for Brycen. I hate that guy with a burning passion. Why?

1. He's the third Ice type Gym Leader in the 7th Spot.
2. His name is Brycen, Brycen sounds eeriely similar to Pryce.
3. His gym is just another "slide around on the ice" puzzle.

And to boot, the last gym is Dragon, the same as HGSS. I'm not complaining about those because they don't have as many striking similarites to Clair, not to mention the character differs with version.

I just wish Game Freak would make a Dark gym, break the streak since Gen. 2, though they'll probably relegate it to Elite Four status for a while.

They also didn't need to bring back Caitlin, completely unneccesary imho.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
24th December 2011, 3:09 AM
The Striation triplets were tough man. I mean, I refused to use the monkey they gave me so it was really hard taking down a Lillipup, and a monkey I'm weak too with just my starter.

Twidragon
24th December 2011, 4:52 AM
In the first run of Black, I refused to look up any information prior to playing other than what some Pokemon look like.

I had a Emboar, Zebstrika, Siglyph, Jelicent, Leavanny, and an Excaldrill

The gyms where a bit easy at times, letting the gyms sit in areas with Pokemon that are good against there types. I was able to breeze through everything from Skyla and so on. The first few on my first run where annoyingly hard.

Super LV
24th December 2011, 11:41 AM
I found Lenora to be really hard, Retaliate destroyed me.

N was easy but Ghestis' Hydreigon had super effective moves and could 1-hit my Emboar, Simisage, Stoutland, Druddigon and Reshiram and it could 1-hit my Unfezant with Dragon Pulse.

G50
26th December 2011, 11:59 AM
1. Your favorite gym leader/elite four - Definitely the Triplet Brothers, tough challenge; yet very cool facing a different one depending on the chosen starter.

2. The hardest gym leader/elite four - The Psychic-trainer of the E4. It took several tries just to beat her.

Ziga
26th December 2011, 1:19 PM
Lamest Gym Leader in this Generation : Skyla or w/e her name is..

Aura Sensei™
27th December 2011, 10:27 PM
Lenora was hard,just like Elesa.But the Gym Leaders are pretty weak.And the E4 should have remade their team.Instead,they just added two non-Unova pokemon.

Schade
28th December 2011, 6:10 PM
I loved the Elite Four, but Shauntals bow is quite... wtf-ish.
Caitlin was awesome! Her hair and the hearts and the fact that her Vs-Sprite focking yawns right at your face!

Aura Sensei™
29th December 2011, 12:09 AM
I loved the Elite Four, but Shauntals bow is quite... wtf-ish.
Caitlin was awesome! Her hair and the hearts and the fact that her Vs-Sprite focking yawns right at your face!

LOL on the wtf.I don't like Caitlin though,in fact I hate the whole E4 (including Alder).

Lethal Llama
30th December 2011, 8:28 PM
I'm just going to go with difficulty since every Gym Leader's personality would take a while. This is only accounting for my personal playthrough witha team consisting of Emboar, Lilligant, Carracosta, Galvantula, Bisharp and Braviary.

Cilan/Chili/Cress: 4/10
Suitably challenging for the start of the game but I was disappointed in how simple it was made by the gift monkey.

Lenora: 5/10
Wow what a bump up. Normal type Leaders always put up a fight. However she was not too bad for me because Petilil took down Herdier and I sacrificed her against Watchog's Retaliate to bring in my fresh Pignite. Lenora was stupid and spammed Crunch so I won quite easily.

Burgh: 2/10
Swept with Flame Charge. Nuff said.

Elesa: 10/10
Oh dear god the memories... My team at this point consisted of Petilil, Tirtouga and Pignite. ALL of whom had a weakness to Emolga. Even worse was that the AI was playing mind games with me and zigging when I zagged. If I tried to turn the tables with tactics and prediction Elesa would go for the simple option and counter it. Probably my most difficult Gym battle ever.

Clay: 8/10
A surprisingly high rating for Clay, I know. But yet again it came down to my team. Tirtouga and Pignite had easily exploited weaknesses and my Petilil was still unevolved and unable to take Excadrill alone. Eventually I lucked through thanks to Tirtouga's Quick Claw.

Skyla: 1/10
Oh God she was a joke. My Galvantula swept her. Whose bright idea was it to put the Flying Gym Leader after an Electric cave? Seriously? And even worse was her signature Pokemon was a WATER and Flying type. Poor Skyla drew the short straw on Gym placement.

Brycen: 3/10
An improvement on Skyla but still very ineffective. Emboar destroyed him. The only reason he got a slightly higher rating was because Cryogonal put up a fight.

Iris (played White): 7/10
A bit of a letdown really. When I first saw her team layout I was worried and the Gym Trainers themselves were surprisingly tough so I was expecting a lot of her. I was challenged but still unimpressed. Her team would be a lot better in variation and challenge if Fraxure was replaced by a Zweilous.

And now the E4, including the two Plasma heads. My team at this point was Rufflet, Pawniard, Lilligant, Carracosta, Galvantula and Emboar, all level 48.

Caitlin: 6/10
When I saw the team layout of all the Elite 4 members I was afraid. Those were some tough Pokemon I was going up against. But Caitlin was... lacklustre. Reuniclus was just too slow to land a hit, Musharna took a while to kill but didn't cause too much damage, Sigilyph fell instantly to Galvantula and Gothitelle just spammed Calm Mind. Pawniard and Galvantula were all I needed for this fight.

Shauntal: 9/10
Most of Shauntal's team were fairly easy. Cofagrigus was walled by Pawniard, Jellicent fell to Galvantula, Lilligant ended Golurk and..... I was swept by Chandelure. Damn her for covering her weaknesses! This marked the first and only time I've lost to an Elite 4 member since Drake in Ruby. Yet again Carracosta's Quick Claw pulled through though.

Grimsley: 5/10
Yes, even easier than Caitlin. The only Pokemon who put up any kind of a fight was Scrafty and one Pokemon does not a team make. Seriously, Liepard? Why does Game Freak hate Zweilous so much? Bisharp does have mammoth attack and a good movepool but it had a glaring weakness easily exploited by its poor speed. Same with Krookadile.

Marshal: 8/10
Throh? No problemo. Sawk? STUPID STURDY Y U NO DIE!!! But he was revenge killed. Mienshao missed Hi Jump Kick and I lol'd and KO'd it. Conkeldurr was extremely powerful and bulky but by this stage it was 5 vs 1 and collective effort took down the beast.

N: 4/10
Once you get past Reshiram which I did without too much trouble, N's team is rather weak. Vanilluxe is easy, Carracosta is easy, Klinklang is easy. Zoroark signed its own death warrant when it came out as Klinklang against my Emboar. Archeops put up a fight but it wasn't enough.

Ghetsis: 8/10
And here we are. Mr Harmonia himself. Ghetsis has a much tougher team than N, and he doesn't even abuse a legend! Though admittedly he hacks. But still. Cofagrigus just can't fight Pawniard, Bouffalant is tough and bulky but eventually fell. Both Seismitoad and Bisharp have glaring weaknesses. Next up is Eelektross. A toughie but it fell to my Rufflet of all things. And finally... Hydreigon. I had saved my Galvantula throughout the battle as my only hope to take on the hacked dragon with his higher speed and type advantage. Unfortunately Signal Beam did only half. But... it was confused! The first time Signal Beam confuses and its on Hydreigon. Hydreigon hits itself and I win.

Galvantula is super awesome.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st December 2011, 2:10 AM
Skyla: 1/10
Oh God she was a joke. My Galvantula swept her. Whose bright idea was it to put the Flying Gym Leader after an Electric cave? Seriously? And even worse was her signature Pokemon was a WATER and Flying type. Poor Skyla drew the short straw on Gym placement

Same idea as the person who had the idea to put the ground gym next to an ice area, a normal gym near an area with a bunch of fighting Pokemon, and the person who gave you the gift monkey for the 1st gym

Killer_Flygon
1st January 2012, 6:52 AM
I actually had a bit of trouble with Skyla, but I blame that's only the count I wanted to take her down with my newly caught Joltik. Other than her I didn't have too much problem with the Gym Leaders (even known "that one boss" Elesa).

The E4 is where my love for the Scrafty family truly grown. Destroyed 3 out of the four elite members with little/no problem. Serperior finished off Marshal with the good old Coil+Leech Seed combo. N was bland and I curb-stomped the hell out of Ghetsis' entire team with just my Excadrill only via Sword Dancing in Cofagrigus' face until I was at +6.

In-game team: :560::497::561::530::593::596:

Terra Force
2nd January 2012, 1:23 AM
I almost never use a strategy against gym leaders. I usually don't have much trouble with them. But with Elite Four, I almost always have super effective pokemon leading the team.

sAv1Or)
2nd January 2012, 2:54 AM
The nice thing I always found about B/W was that you can find Pokemon types that are the Leader's weakness in the area before the gym.

visoredespada
2nd January 2012, 6:19 AM
I think Ghetsis is pretty Good.
I Beat him with 6 six pokemon in my party (Just use 5)
And the Highest level is 48.
It's Pretty hard battle, But i win it

Saph
2nd January 2012, 1:36 PM
The nice thing I always found about B/W was that you can find Pokemon types that are the Leader's weakness in the area before the gym.

This has always been the case since Yellow.

sAv1Or)
2nd January 2012, 5:17 PM
This has always been the case since Yellow.

I know. I was just saying. I kind of indirectly insinuated that it was nice they kept it in there.

Ropav
14th January 2012, 8:03 PM
I like the dragon gym leaders and fighting the elite four.

Klinklang_1024
14th January 2012, 10:13 PM
Love the music for the gym leaders and elite 4 :)

Alter ego
14th January 2012, 11:19 PM
An interesting thing about the Psychic Elite Four is that you can always set up a Substitute in the first turn to sweep her entire team, 'cause her Musharna can't attack a Sub 'mon with this movepool. I always use that w/ my Baton Pass Team. But it's nearly impossible, with this team do a Baton Passing in the Fighting elite four. Dang Spore Breloon :/

Also a Honchcrow with Superpower can do Super effective in all elite four members, lol~

Gaiano
15th January 2012, 1:27 AM
I love these gym leaders and Elite Four members: Lenora, Elesa,Clay, Skyla, Drayden, Shauntal, and Grimsley.

All of those I didn't mention I HATE.

coconut
15th January 2012, 11:38 AM
my favourite gym leader was Skyla, she was easy due to going through an electric type cave beforehand

hardest for me was Lenora.....damn you and your Watchog DAMN YOUUU!!!@!!@

didnt like any of the E4. too easy.

for the future i would like to see a dark type gym and i wouldnt mind seeing more 2v2 gyms seeing as their has only been one :(
I would be impressed if they made the E4 champion a 2v2 battle, that would be somthing new

JustifiedTerrakion
5th April 2012, 10:33 PM
The E4 are a complete joke.They are so easy I think everyone beat them first time.
The Gym Leader that gave me a bit of trouble was Lenora.Her darn Watchog kept on using Retaliate but I beat her using Servine.N and Ghetsis were easy with the exception of Hydreigon.Once Paralyzed,that thing is dead.Well,for me anyway.I paralyzed it and it gave me two free turns for me to knock it out.

xXWhiteRayquazaXx
6th April 2012, 4:26 PM
after i got the dream world arceus, the elite four were easy. i just gave it a bug plate for the fighting and dark people and a dark plate for the psychic and the ghost.

MegaSerperior
6th April 2012, 4:31 PM
I really had no problem with the Elite Four. They were surprisingly easy. My favorite gym leader is definitely Elesa. i love her design and style, she's just awesome.

Midnight_Warrior
6th April 2012, 5:02 PM
The Elite Four was easy imo. I only had a problem with Marshal, but the others were no trouble at all.

My favorite gym leader is Elesa. You gotta love her design and her roller-coaster gym.

amittal12
6th April 2012, 5:08 PM
The easiest to beat was Brycen as I had started with Tepig.With Flame Charge,Emboar's speed rose while taking little damage from Vanillish and Cryogonal and then KOing Beartic with Brick Break.Also Burgh was pretty easy and had it not been his Scolipede poisoning Pignite he would have solo'ed the gym like Iccirus Gym.Drayden was way easier than the Ace Trainers and Veterans there,simply because of Dragon Tail.My Unfezant would use Fly and Simisage Dig and it would keep missing as it has decreased priority.

waternate
6th April 2012, 11:19 PM
I struggled more with White's gyms than I did with any of the other games, which seems daft but meh... I had to think things through a lot more tactically at any rate.

I think my favourite strategy was against the Nacrene Gym. I tried to over-power her with my starter, Blitzle and my elemental monkey and failed due to hypnosis and being a low level. I didn't know where to find a fighting type so i went for the next best thing- I'd just caught a roggenrolla.

So I did what anyone would: Spammed harden against lillipup so it couldn't leave a dent and ground it down. Against Watchog, I cracked out Sand Attack. If you ever fought whitney on silver and that flaming Miltank then you'll understand exactly how satisfying the feeling of haxing a normal type leader with a guy 10 levels lower than her pokemon is.

:)

Syahrini
19th April 2012, 9:48 AM
The hardest is renbu (fighting type) or leonora (ghost).

renbu's conkeldurr is just soooo fough and leonora's cofagrigus is so annoying! they can't be OHKO with STAB supereffectives moves of my pokemon. and my pokemon can get OHKO'ed by them (esp conkeldur's stone edge)

iPokemon
20th April 2012, 8:56 PM
Drayden is my favorite gym leader because he is an awesome dragon type user with a beard. The hardest gym leader was Lenora. Retaliate and Hypnosis were annoying.

ShinyMienshao
21st April 2012, 8:43 PM
Probably the hardest gym leader I had ever come face to face would be Drayden. Mostly, because dragons are more immune to the basic types and I didn't have any ice or dragon type at the time. So I was fighting this super-ultra-mega unbeatable guy with normally effective moves.

Now fortuitously, I had managed to get rid of his Druddigon and Fraxure but his Haxorus was a PAIN! Dragon Dance, Dual Chop, and Dragon Tail had suffocated half my entire team.

Shade2000
23rd April 2012, 10:43 AM
most people say they found the nacerene gym hardish because of the gym leader's (forgot her name) tactic of roar + mean look. i found it easy.
I knew that she was a normal type because my friend had told me, so i caught a timburr in pinwheel forest, trained it a bit and went to use it against the gym leader (whats her name?) i sent out timburr and she sent our her herdier, it used roar, my Dewott gets dragged out, it use mean look, im trapped, i use revenge, pow OHKO, se sends out her watchog, it uses retaliate, i use revenge, OHKO again, she was so easy.
I found Elesa the hardest, i kept on losing to her and the time i made a video on 'How to lose to Elesa' i beat her, typical

Orcale999
26th April 2012, 3:34 AM
Bryson, Elesa, Skyla, and Hayden/Iris were my favorite gyms because the puzzles were the most fun to go through (and the former two have great character designs). My favorite elite for member was psychic because its awesome how the incorporated something from the previous game into the new generation.

Seles
5th May 2012, 3:25 PM
Personally,I liked Clair and Karen from Gold/Silver/Heartgold/Soulsilver.As from the Unova reigon I liked Elesa and Grimsley.Anyone else like these 4?
Also,I didn't find any of the Gym leaders or elite 4 hard or anything.Maybe it's just me,or that most my pokemon are super effective to them,but they weren't that hard.However,I did have alot of trouble with Burgh's(I think that's how you spell it)Leavanny.I lost like 10 times!

Zaranon
8th May 2012, 10:58 AM
Ever since the third gen i've found that i have a habit to overtrain and not even on purpose! i just like evenly rounded 5's or 0's so gym leaders and the elite four havent been too much trouble for me though i will say that cynthia in diamond with her lv 66 garchomp threw me right off though i might have been slightly distracted by her epic battle music

☭Secret_Shocker☭
8th May 2012, 5:14 PM
I like Clay the best. His Pokemon and attitude is pretty likeable.
He's my favourite as well.
The hardest... probably Drayden/Iris. His/her dragons are tough.
I just train a lot... by a LOT. Until I'm satisfied with their levels and rock on.

tamerofdragons77
8th May 2012, 8:07 PM
Drayden is the best gym leader because he uses dragon types. All characters who use dragon types are the best.
Shauntal was the hardest elite four member to beat because her pokemon had a huge variety of moves.
The elite four in this game weren't as cool as other games but they were harder beat and they didn't use toxic all the time.

TheEliteEmpoleon
10th May 2012, 2:50 AM
Drayden is the best gym leader because he uses dragon types. All characters who use dragon types are the best.
Shauntal was the hardest elite four member to beat because her pokemon had a huge variety of moves.
The elite four in this game weren't as cool as other games but they were harder beat and they didn't use toxic all the time.

for Drayden I aught my Samurott Ice Beam and wrecked the entire gym!
I think Caitlin was the hardest to beat in te Elite Four.

(·-·)(o_O)
10th May 2012, 2:58 AM
The hardest one was probably Drayden because I didn't have my vannilish bevause my freind borrowed it
My favorite laeder is Skyla and Brycen

HTodd
12th May 2012, 3:25 PM
To be honest, the Gyms and first run through of the Elite Four were a joke. I really loved the Elite Four rematches though, Caitlin especially;
Harry sent out Mandibuzz
Caitlin sent out Musharna
Caitlin switched in Reuniclus and spams Thunder~

Ash Ketchum!
18th May 2012, 6:06 PM
I found Elesa pretty easy. I had my Dwebble set up Stealth Rock so the Emolgas kept taking damage when using Volt Switch.

Ver-mont
26th May 2012, 3:01 AM
Lenora and Elesa gave me the hardest battles. The Gym Leaders were mostly easily... and the Elite Four too. I beat Marshal's entire team with a single Pokémon without receiving virtually any damage.

I don't like how they gave a three Pokémon limit for the Leaders, and a four Pokémon limit for the Elite Four.

jsmoooth
27th May 2012, 5:13 AM
i found the new gym a bit challengeing compared to other leaders in the past but not very hard i didnt lose one fight on my first round i even beat cynitha the first time around not even having one pokemon over 68 i think i have a 62 , 65 , 68 an 61 an the other two were just hm pokemon but one was 60 thought it wasn't a beautiful win but it was a win that i wasnt even perpared for not reading spoilers an such i just seen her the first time i reach the town she was in an talked to her an the fought begin didnt even get a chance to heal before it. i was dissapointed with the champion of this league he was bit weak his pokemon were mostly common an easy to kill

jsmoooth
27th May 2012, 5:16 AM
yep i think they all should have a full team of pokemon but that just view on it

The Oncoming Storm
27th May 2012, 10:12 AM
The amount of pokemon thqt the leaders have is lousy. I just hope that they fix that thie time around.

Ver-mont
27th May 2012, 11:53 AM
The amount of pokemon thqt the leaders have is lousy. I just hope that they fix that thie time around.

YES. It's very underwhelming to face a final Gym Leader with just three Pokémon when we had them using five not long ago. Give them at least four, like in Johto and Sinnoh.

And there's the Elite Four. They always use a five Pokémon team, but the Unova Elite uses just four Pokémon each.