PDA

View Full Version : My Mageneboar build

spartanlaser
26th September 2011, 1:05 AM
This is the deck I use competitivley, but I can't test because my local leauge was shut down.
Pokemon
3-2-4 Magnezone Prime
2-2-4 Ability Emboar
1 "Flare Blitz" Emboar
1 Tyrouge

T/S/S
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon communication
1 Flower shop lady
2 switch
3 junk arm
3 Proffeser Oaks new theory
4 twins
2 pokemon reversal
3 pokemon catcher
4 rare candy

Energy
11 fire
6 electric

Strategy
Use Emboar's Inferno fandango ability to stack multipule energy onto your pokemon, so Magnezone's lost burn will do 100-200 damage per turn
please comment

ven?
26th September 2011, 1:39 AM
Oh that kinda suck's.

suggestions, I'm confused are you playing unlimited by running 5 emboar? Also I know this idea is not advised by orthodox forums but interviewer's questions, add as many to this deck, I'd reduce the twins down to 2, the revesal to zero, and no junk arm (unless you're playing plus power I don't see the use of it), why IQ, well you're running energy burn the whole point to energy burn is to put as many energy as possible into you're hand per-turn to exceed the amount of damage you did last turn and or insure a consistent damage/energy flow, then from here either exceed 200 per turn or deal 200 per turn.

spartanlaser
26th September 2011, 1:44 AM
Oh that kinda suck's.

suggestions, I'm confused are you playing unlimited by running 5 emboar? Also I know this idea is not advised by orthodox forums but interviewer's questions, add as many to this deck, I'd reduce the twins down to 2, the revesal to zero, and no junk arm (unless you're playing plus power I don't see the use of it), why IQ, well you're running energy burn the whole point to energy burn is to put as many energy as possible into you're hand per-turn to exceed the amount of damage you did last turn and or insure a consistent damage/energy flow, then from here either exceed 200 per turn or deal 200 per turn.

I run a twins based draw engine, reversal as a tech, and junk arm to get my trainers back and to discard useless cards. IQ takes up my supporter, and I have 2 ability emboar, and 1 flare blitz one. and the flare blitz one is a tech for RDL. And all the pokemon in the format have less than 180, so I only have to burn 4 energy a turn.
My deck is very, very strange but I've won may battles with it. I went 7-2 with it at nationals.

ven?
26th September 2011, 1:48 AM
That may be true, but you're not going to be doing setup when you have your pokemon out, so why not soak as much energy out of you're deck to deal more damage.

Charze
27th September 2011, 10:11 PM
I've seen this deck work well at my league, a few suggestions though. I would consider more than 1 starting pokemon, such as cleffa or tyrouge, because you dont ideally want to start with Magnemite or tepig. Go with ven's advice on cutting down twins and adding some Interviewers q's. I also dont see a need for the 2 reversals so i'd take those out. Plus powers may help with the increasingly common gothitelle at 110 and even basics that tend to be around 60 for a better use of junk arm. I haven't run this deck before, but it would seem that you need more energy. Say for example you face a reshiboar and need to take down 4 reshiram, that puts you without any fire energy and down 1 electric.

spartanlaser
28th September 2011, 9:47 PM
The energy count was a mistype. bleh
I have a tyrouge in the list, and cleffa has a steep price tag.( I'm on a budget)
I actually have 7 eletric energy and 13 fire.
Interveiwer's questions: I've tested it, and with 20 energy, I don't exactly need it.
I run a twins based draw engine, and reversal is a tech. I don't have enough modified cards.
Pluspower will do nothing against gothhitlee, seeing it is a trainer.

ven?
28th September 2011, 10:28 PM
If you don't have enough mod T/S/S cards I don't mind trading a few for a few older cards. You lied to me (jk), after seeing an additional 3 energy I take back my IQ statement, because you're right with a certain amount of energy in you're deck you'll hemorrhage energy without having to worry about getting it to you're hand. Plus power is for the reshirams and zekroms so you can ohko them so they don't come back next turn and ohko you, you deal under 120 to not tko it, it does 140+ (probably) blamo dead magnete's and pigs, check this vjdeo out to get an idea of what I speak of.
part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug3QJD29vaQ&feature=channel_video_title)
part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmlod0LlkvY&feature=relmfu)

spartanlaser
30th September 2011, 10:27 PM
I know what you mean
I will put in pluspower, and try to get a cleffa. Thanks!

ven?
1st October 2011, 2:07 AM
I got a cleffa today, wanna trade away for one of you're old cards for it? sure it's mint RH call of legends (crap lol) but it work's.