PDA

View Full Version : GEn1 Team

11DBHK
3rd October 2011, 9:33 AM
recently picked up blue again and my friend issued a challenge. start new games at the same time, and after we beat the elite 4 we'd battle and see who wins
the battle takes place one week from now. this is my team as of now.

Venusaur
leechseed
sleep powder
swords dance
body slam

*pretty much just a sleeper set. put them to seed, sleep, power up. kick ***.

Chansey
Seismic Toss
Thunderwave
softboiled
icebeam (?)

*good special, lots of hit points, coupled with seismic toss. can be particularly annoying if switched in just after Venusaur faints and the opponent has leechseed and toxic on them. parahax can give a free turn to heal or whatever.

Gengar
mega drain
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Psychic
*a special sweeper. Mega drain helps get rid of annoying pokemon like Golem.

Onix
Rock slide
Dig
EarthQuake
sceech

*physical wall pokemon nothing more to really input

Dragonite
ice beam
fire blast
Thunder
Hyper beam

fire, ice, lightning, coverage because i kind of expect to see Charizard, accompanied by probably a cloyster, or gyrados. and an exegutor. hyper beam is there for physical damage.

Tauros
Earthquake
Blizzard
Body Slam
Hyper beam
standard late game sweeper. good for picking off already poisoned sleeping, or paralyzed pokemon. strong physical move with high attack power and STABBED...hyper beam hurts.

Haru Glory
3rd October 2011, 1:22 PM
Venusaur
- Razor Leaf
- Leech Seed
- Body Slam
- Sleep Powder

This way. Razor Leaf has a 100% critical hit ratio, so you could want it. The rest is ok.

Chansey
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave/Toxic
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam

This could be OK, maybe you would like Toxic over T-Wave. Either way, it will work.

Gengar
- Mega Drain
- Thunderbolt/Hypnosis
- Mega Punch/Dream Eater
- Psychic

Since Sludge Bomb doesn't exist in Gen I, you will want either another damaging move, or the infamous Hypnosis + Dream Eater combo. The choice is yours.

Onix
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Body Slam

Don't use a lot of stat-reducing moves, Gen I metagame screws that. But I think Screech is still ok. Body Slam to add damage power and for Parahax.

Dragonite
- Toxic
- Wrap
- Blizzard
- Fire Blast

Toxic + Wrap combo is deadly: first you Toxic the enemy, then you use Wrap over and over to damage and block the enemy, while Toxic damages more.
For Ghost-types, you have Blizzard and Fire Blast to hit them (In Gen I they have 90% accuracy, go for it!).

Tauros
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Body Slam
- Thunder

I don't trust Hyper Beam a lot, so I put Thunder 'cause you will need something to hit Zapdos and similars, otherwise it has 90% accuracy, go for it dude.

Changes in Bold.