PDA

View Full Version : My water team

Hawkes70
11th October 2011, 9:53 PM
These are the pokemon i will be acquiring throughout the remake of pokemon ruby when its released. I will also be using it for competitive battles as well.
What do you think, what are your suggestions?

SWAMPERT
Nature: Modest
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Blizzard, Rock Tomb and Earthquake

LUDICOLO:
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swift swim
Moves: Razor Leaf, Ice, Fire and Thunder Punch

PELLIPER:
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Fly, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump and Shock Wave

KINGDRA:
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Waterfall, Blizzard, Hydro pump and Twister/ any other dragon type move?

POLIWRATH:
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Strength, Water Pulse, Ice Punch and Brick Break

STARMIE:
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Physic, Shadow ball, Dive and Rain dance

Gamefreak
12th October 2011, 10:02 PM
No offense, but using 6 water pokemon is gimmicky. It is not competitive, and this is competitive rate my team. There is no reason to need 6 water types, and it will be a liability. It is very redundant coverage on the competitive metagame, and makes you weak to many things. Sorry if I sounded harsh, but there is absolutly no benefits to running 3+ water types on a non Rain Dance team.

Locking this under these terms. If you want me to re-open the thread, please PM me a revised copy of your thread. Although I think this would be better in in-game RMT which can be found here. http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144

1. Before posting make sure your team is finished.

This means your team MUST consist of 6 Pokemon with Items, Natures, EV Spreads, and 4 Moves. It is also a very good idea to play test your team before you post your RMT.

3. Do not post gimmick teams.

This section is for competitive Pokemon teams so teams that are not competitively viable in the metagame they are designed for are not allowed.

5. Explain why you have chosen a certain Pokemon.

Before you post RMT thread, have some actual words to say instead of one line descriptions that give raters no information. Raters are not mind readers, in order for them to give you a proper rate they need to understand your thinking. For each Pokemon on your team, you need to explain why you selected it, its role, and what it helps you achieve. This should be a few sentences, single words are not allowed. See Rule 7, Formatting, for examples.