PDA

View Full Version : Kingdra/Yanmega/Jirachi deck

foxerish
17th October 2011, 11:01 PM
Hi there! :P

what do you say about this deck? Is it good? It's kind of any other KYJ deck but I made some changes to it:

pokemon- 25:
3-3 Yanmega prime
2-1-2 Kingdra prime
2 cleffa HG&SS
2 Tyrogue HG&SS
2 Jirachi HS-Unleashed
2-2 Mismagius HS-Unleashed
2 Bouffalant
2 Shaymin

T/S/S- 21:
2 Professor Juniper
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Judge
3 Copycat
3 Rare Candy
2 Twins
2 Junk Arm

Energy- 14:
2 Double Colorless
5 Water
5 Psychic
2 Grass

What do you say? Any suggestions for improving it?

The 2 Shaymin and the 2-2 Mismagius are basically ment to move as much energy to Jirachi. The 2 Bouffalant are good revenger in case the opponent is in the lead and I need to get back to the game.I also think I should drop 1 Bouffalant and 1 Tyrogue to add 2 seeker (to return shaymin to my hand and put it again on bench to activate its poke-power again. should I?

By the way, sorry about any english mistakes :P

ven?
18th October 2011, 2:02 AM
Drop mismagius for seeker, it only worries about psychic energy versus the 4 type's that shaymin can access instantly, more shaymin and more jirachi, also drop the grass and and a few psychic for 4 rainbow.

foxerish
18th October 2011, 2:35 AM
Drop mismagius for seeker, it only worries about psychic energy versus the 4 type's that shaymin can access instantly, more shaymin and more jirachi, also drop the grass and and a few psychic for 4 rainbow.

Isn't Rainbow energy a little bit unnecessary? And are you saying to drop -1-1 Mismagius or -2-2? and how much seeker to put?

ven?
18th October 2011, 8:22 AM
Drop mismagius altogether, again you don't need it if you just run seeker or ssu and shaymin. Why not rainbow, you can use it on kingdra, jirachi and yanmega, if you have issue's for damage counter's, then you just play shaymin, seeker's, max potion, shaymin and no energy is wasted during you're turn, plus you could always run engineer's in this deck to discard psychics to setup jirachi.

foxerish
18th October 2011, 2:04 PM
Drop mismagius altogether, again you don't need it if you just run seeker or ssu and shaymin. Why not rainbow, you can use it on kingdra, jirachi and yanmega, if you have issue's for damage counter's, then you just play shaymin, seeker's, max potion, shaymin and no energy is wasted during you're turn, plus you could always run engineer's in this deck to discard psychics to setup jirachi.

I didn't really understand what you're going for... could you explain it more simply?

ven?
19th October 2011, 2:51 AM
More simply, get rid of mismagius completely for shaymin uls, seeker, rainbow energy and max potions, setup rainbow on pokemon with damage counter's switch energy to another pokemon use max pootion on the pokemon with damage counter's, seeker's and get the energy back to the pokemon with damage counter's and the rainbow to pokemon without, this way you never have to worry about the damage dealt with rainbow.

sophmeister
19th October 2011, 2:54 AM
Drop Mismagius and Rainbow energy is a little over the top.

foxerish
19th October 2011, 2:58 AM
More simply, get rid of mismagius completely for shaymin uls, seeker, rainbow energy and max potions, setup rainbow on pokemon with damage counter's switch energy to another pokemon use max pootion on the pokemon with damage counter's, seeker's and get the energy back to the pokemon with damage counter's and the rainbow to pokemon without, this way you never have to worry about the damage dealt with rainbow.

Thanks for the direction but I think I'll leave my deck the way it is with the same strategy. I still appreciate your help :P

ven?
19th October 2011, 3:16 AM
Why do you guys think rainbow is over the top?

My reason is this, you run DCE, psychic and the rest rainbow energy, having 3 different types of energy doesn't really build up jirachis de-evo spam when it's one of the major focal points of the deck, yanmega generally in decks run rainbow and never grass when playing with any other type because you're wanting to copycat or judge every turn with it as attacker. Kingdra is a t1 attacker so basically having 1 multi type energy on kingdra won't slow it down any and it will make it more universal to play. Anything more and I would just be explaining specific play by play mechanics of why it's faster.

I love how everyone goes to pokebeach to either be poshed with over love or teeth gritting pulse pumping verbal attacks for the same suggestions I'm giving right now.

Tarro57
19th October 2011, 3:25 AM
Why do you have a 2-1-2 Kingdra Prime? Do you just want to be able to know you can play it if you have the Seadra? Because you have to evolve it from a Seadra.

ven?
19th October 2011, 3:27 AM
Why do you have a 2-1-2 Kingdra Prime? Do you just want to be able to know you can play it if you have the Seadra? Because you have to evolve it from a Seadra.

And thats why fox has 3 Rare Candy so fox don't need to. (lol)

foxerish
19th October 2011, 1:35 PM
I made a few changes according to ven?'s suggestions and help I got in other places, what do you say?

pokemon- 21:
3-3 Yanmega prime
2-1-2 Kingdra prime
1 cleffa HG&SS
2 Tyrogue HG&SS
3 Jirachi HS-Unleashed
1 Bouffalant
3 Shaymin

T/S/S- 27:
2 Professor Juniper
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Judge
3 Copycat
3 Rare Candy
2 Twins
2 Junk Arm
2 Seeker
2 Great ball EP
2 Max Potion

Energy- 11:
2 Double colorless
5 Psychic
4 Rainbow

ven?
20th October 2011, 12:58 AM
I see my suggestion on the beach was well worth it.

This is very solid, I have no suggestion's as of current.

foxerish
20th October 2011, 1:14 AM
Thanks bro! (or sis ~LOL~) You really helped me with the deck :)
but don't you think I should replace some trainers/supporters for pokemon or energy? (I think I have a little too much of them in the deck)
I think Chatot Diamond & Pearl—Majestic Dawn can be helpful a little with its mimic to have the same number of cards as the opponent.

teh_original_pikachu
20th October 2011, 1:23 AM
the format is HGSS-EP(NV) and solid deck to me at least. Hope it preforms well!

ven?
20th October 2011, 1:28 AM
Hmm, more energy? The best suggestion to this would be take out collector for dual ball, switch great ball for interviewer's and you'd have the option to spam energy to you're hand or add energy if you decide to just drop the great ball altogether for 2 more.

yanmega and kingdra stylized decks like heavy T/S/S line's.

Sorry to burst you're bubble but I'm a dude, righto.

foxerish
20th October 2011, 1:40 AM
I think collector is better then dual ball because in dual ball you need to flip a coin 2 times and with collector you certainly take 3 pokemon. so I just leave the collectors and I replace the 2 great ball with 2 interviewer's question :) I also thinl to replace max potion with PONT or sages training (I think more of sages)