PDA

View Full Version : Mystery of the "Ghost" girl

Trainer Sora
21st October 2011, 10:16 PM
I'm pretty curious about the girl at Marvelous Bridge. Sometimes I see her there, standing one space from the man at the Route 15 end of the bridge.
Also when I go to approach her, she vanishes! And whenever this happens the elderly lady at the Route 15 Bridge Gate will talk about a girl who once lived in the area before the bridge had been built as well as having lived with an Abra. But she says it once per time the girl is there. Otherwise she'll just say her usual thing.

I think its some kind of In-game event. But I dunno if there's a special Abra involved or not.
Anyone ever figured out the mystery? Or has any theories related to it?

Master Leo
22nd October 2011, 2:19 AM
I've wondered about the girl too. I have often thought about putting an abra first on my team and going to the bridge...

Darkmaster Rannon
22nd October 2011, 3:25 AM
It is a girl with an abra. Abra can teleport somebody.
The girl is trolling you by using her Abra to teleport away.

Myrrh
22nd October 2011, 4:26 AM
She appears multiple times? She scared me the first time i approached her, I guess if I don't pay attention she might do it again. Mystery solved in one post.^

Darkseeker
22nd October 2011, 4:35 AM
I liked more the Old Chateau mysterys in platinum...but the question still remains...Is she alive? or Is it an abra trick?

Nikkoru_91
22nd October 2011, 4:37 AM
Could possibly be a reference to the anime episode involving the bridge?

The one where a Gothitelle who once lived with the ferryman and his daughter, before the construction of the bridge put them out of work and drove them away, was pretending to BE the daughter.

hawkeye721
22nd October 2011, 4:42 AM
shes probably just a mama luigi

Nikkoru_91
22nd October 2011, 4:45 AM
Could possibly be a reference to the anime episode involving the bridge?

The one where a Gothitelle who once lived with the ferryman and his daughter, before the construction of the bridge put them out of work and drove them away, was pretending to BE the daughter.

Ignore this- wrong bridge. ^_^;

R_N
22nd October 2011, 5:04 AM
There is a 72% chance she is a ghost

Master Leo
22nd October 2011, 5:17 AM
Why does pokemon torture us with unsolvable mysteries?

Valoo.
22nd October 2011, 11:55 AM
I was going to say that ;-;

But she's just a ghost girl, there's no real mystery surrounding her.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
22nd October 2011, 11:58 AM
I'm guessing she's a ghost not sure but that's what I think it scares me to even go near her I don't think my abra can help me now :(

Aquarelle
22nd October 2011, 12:02 PM
She appears multiple times? She scared me the first time i approached her, I guess if I don't pay attention she might do it again. Mystery solved in one post.^

She's appeared a couple of times on my White.
And yeah, I was also a little startled when I first saw her too. :O

I wonder, what triggers her appearance on the bridge?

pokeninja123
22nd October 2011, 12:38 PM
I think it's just a random thing the developers put in the game.

yanmegy423
23rd October 2011, 6:49 AM
I'd like to see a shiny ghost/psychic event about this ^^. It obviously has a purpose in a future event in the game...

redcharzard
23rd October 2011, 6:54 AM
Ghost tend to fade out slowly this character flashes out more like teleporting away from you. One of the people on the bridge or in the two entrances of the bridge said living ther was a girl living there(where the bridge is) who played with an Abra before the bridge was built. It could be a reference to Sabrina the psychic gym leader from generation 1 and 2, as her main pokemon is Alakazam, Abra's fully evolved form.

alibababags
23rd October 2011, 6:54 AM
its a ghost girl.

apparently a long time ago, her abra accidentally teleported her off a cliff, if i'm not wrong. read it somewhere in the game. probably the old lady.

Absol Wings
23rd October 2011, 9:20 AM
WAT

In B/W there's another phantom girl like the one in the Old Chateau in D/P/Pt?!
Damnit, Game Freak is really trolling us now....

Claus351
23rd October 2011, 10:28 PM
I think its one of those things where gamefreak tries to torment us with no answer, no matter how conspicious it is. *cough Truck cough*

if you don't get the truck part you havn't been playing pokemon very long xD

Tom the Warrior
23rd October 2011, 10:34 PM
its a ghost girl.

apparently a long time ago, her abra accidentally teleported her off a cliff, if i'm not wrong. read it somewhere in the game. probably the old lady.

I don't remember reading that unless the old lady has more to say. o-o;

I do wonder though if she's truly alive or not.

Spidey
23rd October 2011, 10:43 PM
She fell off the bridge.

Not much mystery lol.

Necro101
23rd October 2011, 10:48 PM
I think it's just a random thing the developers put in the game.

I agree with you it is probably a randome thing they put to torment us.

Lorde
24th October 2011, 12:34 AM

That's what I thought, too. I remember bringing this up ages ago, but nobody thought my theory had any substance. But I won't be surprised if we find out that this theory is correct in the next game. And I bet that old lady who tells you about the little girl's past is in on the joke; Marvelous Bridge is a troll breeding ground. :p

But she's just a ghost girl, there's no real mystery surrounding her.

Oh yeah, there's definitely nothing mysterious about a ghost girl. :rolleyes:

2rsa
25th October 2011, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty curious about the girl at Marvelous Bridge. Sometimes I see her there, standing one space from the man at the Route 15 end of the bridge.
Also when I go to approach her, she vanishes! And whenever this happens the elderly lady at the Route 15 Bridge Gate will talk about a girl who once lived in the area before the bridge had been built as well as having lived with an Abra. But she says it once per time the girl is there. Otherwise she'll just say her usual thing.

I think its some kind of In-game event. But I dunno if there's a special Abra involved or not.
Anyone ever figured out the mystery? Or has any theories related to it?

I never noticed that before,lol.

Porgon-XYZ
25th October 2011, 10:58 PM
My theory: She comes from another planet and was sent there to confuse us.

Mew-100
26th October 2011, 10:53 AM
Or maybe the girl was never there...

AuraWarior
26th October 2011, 5:53 PM
Nintendo is trolling us just like they troll'd x-box.

Tyranitarquake
26th October 2011, 6:01 PM

i got pretty confused when i saw her and i guess this seems like wut shes doing.

ShinyCharyZard
26th October 2011, 6:57 PM
I had never noticed this until now. I read this thread, grabbed my DS, went to Marvelous Bridge and sure enough there she was.. and there she went..

It really made me think about the anime episode in Kanto with Sabrina and her Abra though..

battle171
26th October 2011, 11:06 PM
Maybe they'll expand on it in the Third version?

Ces
26th October 2011, 11:09 PM
I killed her. ;)

Serpentine
27th October 2011, 1:19 AM
It's like the boats!

Zoruagible
27th October 2011, 8:52 PM
I discovered her when I was walking around to hatch some eggs, I didn't remember talking to her so I talked to her and she disappeared. I was freaked out, I thought my game was glitched.

MetalFlygon08
27th October 2011, 9:50 PM
Someone with an AR needs to use a walk-through Walls cheat and approach her from the front.

Mabye she has text only viewable from that direction, to confirm you as a cheater.

R_N
27th October 2011, 11:26 PM
It's not a trick of the abra, otherwise she wouldn't still be a little girl

Also the developers joked about it when asked (the 72% chance thing) so it's pretty sure fire (or at worst a 38% chance at best!!!!) that she died while playing

kyogreblue3
28th October 2011, 3:50 AM
Unova version of Mira

Maybe they'll expand on it in the Third version?

That could happen.
Or it's an event.
Or it's just some random thing GameFreak put in the game to make some SPPf member make a thread about it

Hexin' Wishes
28th October 2011, 3:53 AM
SO I tested this out and sure enough I encountered a ghost girl. However, she was next to a NPC when she appeared and when she disappeared even HE made mention of how she "...just disappeared!"

Maybe there's more to this than we thought?

SasakiThePikachu
13th November 2011, 9:17 PM
It's a fun little quirk, like the little girl and butler in the Old Chateu in gen 4!

I saw the ghost girl in my first Black playthrough, but have gone through Unova 3 times since and she hasn't appeared again. It seems a bit random...

Haunter ゴースト
13th November 2011, 9:53 PM
It's a mystery for sure, but i don't see it being solved.

If anything it'll have an anime episode based on it and that's that.

MHugs
14th November 2011, 12:30 AM
The girl is trolling you by using her Abra to teleport away.This.

It would be a mystery if there wasn't someone who tells you she has an Abra.

R_N
14th November 2011, 12:34 AM
This.

It would be a mystery if there wasn't someone who tells you she has an Abra.
or it's misdirection. The girl is still a girl, bridges take a while to complete...

alternatively, it could be the abra disguising itself I guess

MHugs
14th November 2011, 12:57 AM
or it's misdirection. The girl is still a girl, bridges take a while to complete...
I suppose. It's a weird place to put a ghost, though, and the way the other NPC sees her isn't the way Game Freak usually handles ghosts.

unstopable373
14th November 2011, 4:02 AM
I bet Shauntal would know ;)

It could just be one of her pokemon, it's her way of paying back you back for beating her at the pokemon league.

Or maybe it's her younger sister, kind of like 4th gen with Flint and Buck, just more peculiar and the fact that they don't outright say it.

Hatsune Miku
14th November 2011, 4:12 AM
OMG! i got it. well its a mystery to the abra/kadabra/alakazam family. you know how they are really trainers but became pokemon? this abra finally cracked the mystery to be human again. (my theory)

unstopable373
14th November 2011, 4:13 AM
OMG! i got it. well its a mystery to the abra/kadabra/alakazam family. you know how they are really trainers but became pokemon? this abra finally cracked the mystery to be human again. (my theory)

but then why would Abra want to be a human again when it can sleep for 18 hours?

Hatsune Miku
14th November 2011, 4:20 AM
well umm ... well in the thing it says a little boy or girl was sleeping and became a pokemon... probably because it didnt like being human and sleeping probably made its psychic power stronger but well it's just a theory

James2344
14th November 2011, 8:56 AM
I think its one of those things where gamefreak tries to torment us with no answer, no matter how conspicious it is. *cough Truck cough*

if you don't get the truck part you havn't been playing pokemon very long xD

I get it, refrence to fr lg where if u dont get the ss anne to leave a truck appears

SS_Append
14th November 2011, 1:43 PM
That old lady and little girl are hiding something.Maybe psychic powers?Maybe the girl is just an Abra who's trainer is the old lady and they're trying to prank us?Maybe a mysterious force teleported the girl away?Maybe the girl was a ghost and jumps down the bridge to scare people(possibly old lady pushed her down when she was alive)?

The answer shall reveal itself.Eventually.Maybe in the anime

Honeyichigo
14th November 2011, 3:25 PM
I get it, refrence to fr lg where if u dont get the ss anne to leave a truck appears

Actually, it's a reference to the original truck in the RBG games. The one in FRLG is just a nod to that one. :P

orangezilla
14th November 2011, 4:03 PM
I'd like to see a shiny ghost/psychic event about this ^^. It obviously has a purpose in a future event in the game...

yh no it won't there are tons of these sorts of things throughout the game, they dont actually mean anything, either that of its simply a reference

Fold
14th November 2011, 10:54 PM
Thats what she said.

Qmaz246
15th November 2011, 1:40 AM
Thats what she said.

Ok, really? This is a place for discussion. Not funny jokes, and that wasn't even funny. I don't even get it. Any how, i've seen the ghost girl, but i didn't pay attention to her. Sure, i was freaked, but i didn't really care.

Kansas_Rocks!
15th November 2011, 2:00 AM
I actually think that even though it says abra, zoroark has something to do with it. She appeared only after I got zoroark and only appears when I have zoroark in my team.

WeavileRoxxCANDY
2nd December 2011, 3:56 AM
I think it's one of Nintendo's impulsive game features that they stuck in the game for s**ts and giggles. There's really no mystery behind her, it's just a creepy/sad little add-in to make the bridge more intresting.

thekorean
2nd December 2011, 4:19 AM
It would be cool if Nintendo did make it in to a Event storyline.

Xaby
2nd December 2011, 4:59 AM
It will probably be explored in the anime, as long as the story is not too tragic.

It's pokey, mon
2nd December 2011, 8:01 PM
Come on, it's a girl with an Abra. You show up, her Abra teleports her away and they both have a good laugh at the onlookers' expense.

As far as I know, the only real human ghosts in the series (besides, uh, Yamask) are the ones in the Old Chateau. And these are spooky. If Nintendo wanted Bridge Girl to have been a ghost, they would have played up the spooky factor, instead of having the old woman drop the Abra hint.

Tyranitarquake
2nd December 2011, 8:11 PM
I actually think that even though it says abra, zoroark has something to do with it. She appeared only after I got zoroark and only appears when I have zoroark in my team.

That is a total coincidence.

Schade
2nd December 2011, 8:17 PM
She is creepy yes, but not as creepy as the ghosts of the Old Chateau in Sinnoh

Xaby
2nd December 2011, 8:35 PM
I think the original GHOST/Marowak from Gen I is still the creepiest. The only confirmed murder in the whole Pokémon franchise, and her coming back for vengeance. This degree of cruelty was never touched again. Add to that those Channelers that challenged you because they were possessed by other Ghost Pokémon. Generation I really showed Ghost Pokémon malevolence.

Mr. pokedude
5th December 2011, 5:36 AM

27% It's an Abra, and the other 1%? God alone knows.

Oh and Game Freak of course.

The real question is if it teleported her off on purpose, or by accident? I suspect accident, but I just thought i'd bring it up to spice up even MORE gossip :D.

But seriously, why haunt a bridge? The old what's-you-ma-call-it from DPP
made SOME relative sense. Though it's not any different I guess, she disappears inFRONT OF SOMEONE THIS TIME. Still though, the girl in the old place may hid in a room, creepy. Talk about being hunted.
Then the old guy, is eating ghost soup ( Highly recommended, 20% fat and 100% HEALTHY for old, young, and somewhere in the middle ghosts!).
He runs/walks into the kitchen and dives into the cubboards. Then there's the creepy journal with "colourful" pages.

So very mysterious. (And vexing!)

Mr. pokedude
5th December 2011, 5:37 AM

27% It's an Abra, and the other 1%? God alone knows.

Oh and Game Freak of course.

The real question is if it teleported her off on purpose, or by accident? I suspect accident, but I just thought i'd bring it up to spice up even MORE gossip :D.

But seriously, why haunt a bridge? The old what's-you-ma-call-it from DPP
made SOME relative sense. Though it's not any different I guess, she disappears in FRONT OF SOMEONE THIS TIME. Still though, the girl in the old place hid in a room, creepy. Talk about being hunted.
Then the old guy, is eating ghost soup ( Highly recommended, 20% fat and 100% HEALTHY for old, young, and somewhere in the middle ghosts!).
He runs/walks into the kitchen and dives into the cubboards. Then there's the creepy journal with "colourful" pages.

So very mysterious. (And vexing!) Also makes you wonder if they really are ghosts.

Seles
2nd May 2012, 1:05 AM
I think it's for the Zoroark event.

Zorocario
2nd May 2012, 1:35 AM
The first time I saw that girl I got scared, it's bad enough that the Pokedex entries for ghost Pokemon are creepy, they have to go and scare me even more.

Kall El
3rd June 2012, 7:14 PM
I remember the first time I saw her, it was mysterious.. I always felt there was more to her :p
If she's trolling us then great, I think we've had enough of Sabrinas evil-ways haha :]

Paladin of Arceus
14th June 2012, 7:31 PM
I've never experienced the "colorful journal" in DPt's Old Chateau, but I think I know what room you're talking about. As for the ghost/Abra girl in BW, I think she truly is dead, based on the melancholy inflection in the old woman's punctuation when she talks about the girl. Beyond that, though, I really don't think there's anything hidden as far as Nintendo events are concerned, and I think the story behind it is meant to be left unexplainable, as the paranormal cannot be scientifically quantified (yet).

Kninja22
14th June 2012, 7:45 PM
I think she's just part of the shadow triad,plain and simple...

HetaOni
14th June 2012, 8:01 PM
I tried to find her after it happend,but she scared the fudge out of me when first saw her.I was just trying to evolve my Riolu by giving it the feathers that you can find on the bridge. O_o

tomatohater
14th June 2012, 8:03 PM
Kninja has a very valid point indeed. What if she is in the Shadow Triad? What if they're all ghosts? I doubt many people would of prdedicted that, but it could be true as nobdy actually knows how is in the Shadow Triad. She could play a very big role in Black and White 2. Maybe she's here know to spy on your character for the events in Black and White 2. Is she found on the bridge that is now frozen, if so then that could mean something too.

HetaOni
14th June 2012, 8:08 PM
Kninja has a very valid point indeed. What if she is in the Shadow Triad? What if they're all ghosts? I doubt many people would of prdedicted that, but it could be true as nobdy actually knows how is in the Shadow Triad. She could play a very big role in Black and White 2. Maybe she's here know to spy on your character for the events in Black and White 2. Is she found on the bridge that is now frozen, if so then that could mean something too.

Arceus,now you're actually making me think about this. >w<
This didn't even bug me before.

Husnock
15th June 2012, 8:25 PM
I think the original GHOST/Marowak from Gen I is still the creepiest. The only confirmed murder in the whole Pokémon franchise, and her coming back for vengeance. This degree of cruelty was never touched again. Add to that those Channelers that challenged you because they were possessed by other Ghost Pokémon. Generation I really showed Ghost Pokémon malevolence.

Oh God... I remember all those opening lines when one challenges you. Creepy.

Gen I was pretty dark stuff, especially that Tower. The (implied) death of Blue's Raticate that YOU are partially responsible for (again, implied), the possessed Channelers, the appearances of the Ghost-types before you get the Sylph Scope, the mother Marowak...

I mean, B&W's Ghost-type Pokedex entries are creepy in their own right (ex. Cofagrigus swallowing people and turning them into mummies), but few things are as morbid as Yellow's entry stating that Cubones wear the skulls of their dead mothers...

Dragalge
16th June 2012, 1:41 PM
Its creepy to see that she disappears and to hear she has an Abra. Maybe she is an illusion.

TheEliteEmpoleon
16th June 2012, 4:21 PM

This is the only reasonable explanation. I agree.

conantheking
16th June 2012, 5:06 PM

Good point, maybe in the next Black & White game we will have her appear again with more meaning and she just sets up a presence in the current game.

*futachimaru*
16th June 2012, 10:41 PM
i think its a preview of a mystery used in BW2......

☭Secret_Shocker☭
17th June 2012, 6:51 AM
That ghost was really interesting. I hope we get a backstory of hers in BW2.

Kninja22
17th June 2012, 7:01 AM
Oh God... I remember all those opening lines when one challenges you. Creepy.

Gen I was pretty dark stuff, especially that Tower. The (implied) death of Blue's Raticate that YOU are partially responsible for (again, implied), the possessed Channelers, the appearances of the Ghost-types before you get the Sylph Scope, the mother Marowak...

I mean, B&W's Ghost-type Pokedex entries are creepy in their own right (ex. Cofagrigus swallowing people and turning them into mummies), but few things are as morbid as Yellow's entry stating that Cubones wear the skulls of their dead mothers...

Frosslass,Drifloon,Haunter,Banette are pretty scary and slighty morbid...

Shade2000
17th June 2012, 9:13 AM
i just think its something like the people who looked after cyrus in sunyshore city in dppt

ShinyMienshao
17th June 2012, 9:34 PM
I remember seeing her too. To be honest this scared me. And I think this may be related to either Abra or Zoroark.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan
24th June 2012, 9:28 PM
The ghosts in pokemon scare the hell out of me, when I first saw her it was at 1:00 last year at night and when I was shocked I tried again for closure but it didn't happen so I thought it was done by a real ghost and so I couldn't sleep all night : (

pkmnjohn
26th July 2012, 5:23 PM
Well, I think I solved the mystery.
Once I heard of the abra, I remembered an episode in the anime in which there was a girl who used an abra to teleport away from team rocket when they captured her.
This is the episode: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP047
And here is the girl: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mira

jakbeasley
29th July 2012, 7:06 PM
A lot of the games have a ghost event in them, don't they? I guess it's just like the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum ghosts in the Old Chateau, it's just in the game as a developers joke.

Shine
30th July 2012, 1:42 AM
The mystery is solved in B/W 2, somehow in the past she suffered from a nightmare presumably caused by Darkrai, and this time the Lunar Wing didn't work on her.

Maybe that's why in B/W 2 Cresselia appeared in Marvelous Bridge, probably she feels guilty about not being able to save the girl.

Archangel Armada
30th July 2012, 6:01 AM
The mystery is solved in B/W 2, somehow in the past she suffered from a nightmare presumably caused by Darkrai, and this time the Lunar Wing didn't work on her.

Maybe that's why in B/W 2 Cresselia appeared in Marvelous Bridge, probably she feels guilty about not being able to save the girl.

Oh wow... now thats some really interesting and yet really sad story.. >:

Firewolf7
5th August 2012, 8:56 PM
I think that there would be something about her in white and black 2

CathyHooves
6th August 2012, 12:44 PM
Isn't there a pokemon that is said to like to transform into a small child for fun and the disappear? I cannot remember right now, but maybe anyone remembers?

Shine
7th August 2012, 10:24 AM
I think that there would be something about her in white and black 2

I just said above there, only two posts above yours, that the mystery is solved in B/W 2 :p

In fact, it's the ghost girl herself who explained to us what happened to her.

Chingchar
7th August 2012, 10:57 AM

So cressilia goes to marvellous bridge to mourn......... and then we go and trap her in a pokeball! XD

Kanethedragon
7th August 2012, 12:02 PM
So cressilia goes to marvellous bridge to mourn......... and then we go and trap her in a pokeball! XD

Yay for us being evil trainers XD jk

blaze boy
7th August 2012, 12:21 PM

Wow that's a bit dark for a pokémon game, although Team Rocket killing Marrowak in the Original Red and Blue was pretty dark.

Anyone thinks that Game Freak should make a horror game?

Kanethedragon
7th August 2012, 12:54 PM
Wow that's a bit dark for a pokémon game, although Team Rocket killing Marrowak in the Original Red and Blue was pretty dark.

Anyone thinks that Game Freak should make a horror game?

Hmm, dying from too many nightmares or dying from being impaled by ice stalactites? I think option 2 is more horrifying, but both are in the same game so... As for horror, no I don't think they should. 1. I'm not really fond of horror (but I can deal with Umineko kind of horror) and 2. I think if they tried to it would ruin the name of what stories they came up with in pokemon since those were side stories and not a full game. And 3. It probably won't be a story I might be interested in. (So far the only "horror" games I've truly been into so far is Fragile Dreams: Sayonara Tsuki no Heikyo/Goodbye ruins of the moon. RE and all those other horrors aren't really up my alley, though I'm probably going to take a look at the Fatal Frame series.)

blaze boy
7th August 2012, 3:25 PM
2. I think if they tried to it would ruin the name of what stories they came up with in pokemon since those were side stories and not a full game.

I meant horror games outside the Pokémon series because I think that Game Freak could make it work.

Then again Game Freak only made two non pokémon games.

Kanethedragon
7th August 2012, 3:54 PM
I meant horror games outside the Pokémon series because I think that Game Freak could make it work.

I know what you meant. When I listed that I was saying that what horror stories that they made outside the horror stuff they did for pokemon would ruin the rep of the pokemon stories if they fuddled up a horror-based game. Basically it's a "living up to expectations" sort of situation.

Trickster Zorua
7th August 2012, 4:02 PM
Or it is a Zorua/Zoroark illusion of a wild Zorua/Zoroark?

Snivyhero
2nd February 2013, 9:29 AM
i played it so far, and what about the Strange House, did it happen there? And do we trainers have to solve the mystery later and lift the nightmares?

Royal_Qeca
4th February 2013, 2:38 PM
And do we trainers have to solve the mystery later and lift the nightmares?

You don't. She is dead.

You simply get to know her past so that her soul can go away.

!jirachi!
9th February 2013, 10:46 AM
it's defenitely and arceus. you know why? arceus sucks! and so does the ghost girl

Dragonquester
16th February 2013, 3:21 AM
The girl is the girl from the spooky house in white 2. She gives you the lunar wing in w2 and cresselia is found on the marvelous bridge.

Cutty
16th February 2013, 3:51 AM

Yep, they could make something like Luigi's Mansion.
Spooky but friendly.

Hejiru
16th February 2013, 2:21 PM
The developers said there's a 72% chance she's a ghost.

Sealotic
19th February 2013, 12:18 AM
I saw her two days ago and it freaks me out. ô_o
I first thought it was a shadow ninja, but I realised how dumb I was :D

Icarus©
27th February 2013, 12:36 AM
Apparently its something to do with the cresselia in BW2.... she needed to give the wing back to the pokemon or something like that

Streik
15th July 2013, 11:00 PM
Well, it's assumed that she's the ghost of a girl that was hypnotized and kidnapped by a wild hypno many years ago. You can find more about her in the library of the "Strange House" near Lentimas Town. Once you visit all the rooms in the house you see her several times in the house. And then you get the Lunar Wing from the middle room, and she mentions that she'll be waiting at the end of a bridge. If you go to the Marvelous bridge with the Lunar Wing, you can catch Cresselia. Then you talk to her again and she disappears. But yeah, she isn't a part of the shadow triad.

Post Note- this quest only works once you've defeated the Elite Four.

TheShinyWriter
2nd August 2013, 5:42 PM
That, bridge girl, huh? First time I saw her, I didn't visit Marvelous Bridge for a while... Yet, I was excited as there was another mystery abound! ... despite its small-ness compared to P/D/Pt., and other old games.

I've seen her, too... Though, my theories are the same with these lot:

-She's trolling us by teleporting away.
-She's an actual ghost due to her Abra accidentally using Teleport and dropping her off the bridge during construction.

Apart from that, I have no idea why else she could be doing that.

The girl flickers as soon as you near her, so, the Abra theory seems just about right... but then the other one could be right, too. Ghosts tend to be different in the way they disappear... (They don't need to be cliche about it...) though, it's kinda unlike ghosts in the previous games, since some of them just float off screen and are never seen again after that until there's another random coincidence that you spot them.

And that old woman at the end gate... well, she seems suspicious; knowing too much... Like she's hiding some sort of dark, pesky secret, that us players will never discover... and sadistically laughs at us since we can't figure it out... like she's in on the villainous scheme to drive our minds to no end... or maybe she's secretly teaming up with that guy next to the ghost-girl, and teaming up with the girl to trick us... Or maybe that's just me having an overactive imagination.

Anyways, I'm wondering if the woman's related to the girl... I mean, she must've been around back then, (which raises another question, how long ago was the bridge built?) and she seems slightly reluctant to speak about it. We only get a few words outta' her, with ellipses and what-not, and BAM! Back to regular text.

The girl's sprite reminds me of Sabrina for some reason... and her "Abra". ^^ Either that's a nice, little reference, or a creepy coincidence... o_O

Evilcampincalf
15th August 2013, 3:19 AM
I saw here and i was like, what da heck why she disappear? but reading this stuff it makes me think sometimes...

DragoniteOfTheRoundTable
17th August 2013, 2:51 AM
Its creepy to see that she disappears and to hear she has an Abra. Maybe she is an illusion.

It reminds me not only of Sabrina (and that's only because of abra) but also of the anime episode where Ash, Misty, and Brock come across the Ninetales whose owner had left on a journey and died, was trapped in the pokeball or bound to it and used its psychic abilities to create a "trainer". http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP232

Zamin
9th September 2013, 5:10 AM
I am so happy that she has like a brief appearance in BW and then suddenly in BW2 there is like this awesome backstory and like her house and stuff. I love this storyline.

Kreis
10th September 2013, 1:23 AM
Don't bump old threads.