PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice...

joverby
27th October 2011, 2:39 PM
I just started playing Heart Gold a couple weeks ago. My friend and I started a 30 day challenge to raise the best team we can and battle on the last day.

The only rules were no legendaries. I would like some advice on my current team and who I should replace.(I have about a week left of the competition)

I have:

Level 32-Cyndaquil;155;
Level 31-Machamp(Gotta Trade);068;
Level 30-Kadabra(Gotta Trade);097;
Level 29-Murkrow
Levle 19 Wooper
Level 31 Ampharos

shinytactics14
27th October 2011, 2:53 PM
well first off keep training them i would get rid of wooper and replace it with a gyarados.also evolve your cyndaquil and replace murkrow because you cant evolve it yet,i would replace it with a crobat or skarmory.also replace ampharos with jolteon because it has way better all aroud stats then ampharos.

joverby
27th October 2011, 3:02 PM
Alright thanks. I was going to keep leveling them, this is just where I'm at now.

I thought Wooper wasn't going to be too bad because he is immune to electric and also has water absorb so even though he's weak to water, water attacks heal him. But I do have a Red Gryados, I was just worried about the 4x electric damage.

I was just keeping Murkrow because he is a dark pokemon and I didn't have a dark one on my team. Also he has fly. But if I took Gryados, I could teach him fly. Kind of would like to keep my flier and water guy seperate though. I thought about Skamory, but I have to get my buddy to catch and trade him for me.

I might go for crobat then. I think he does have poison and stun, that would be nice.

Jolteon? Alright. I just have the level 5 evee at the moment , so I would have some work to do. I didn't think ampharos was that bad, but I'm no expert. He does have more HP than all my other guys though.

Another question, where do you get things like leftovers and scarfs?

Qmaz246
27th October 2011, 3:15 PM
With a week left, don't go for Crobat. Go for Houndour maybe.

joverby
27th October 2011, 3:24 PM
With a week left, don't go for Crobat. Go for Houndour maybe.

So maybe Houndour for Dark and Gyrados for my flying / water?

Would it take a while for his happiness to get high enough from Golbat?

Qmaz246
27th October 2011, 3:26 PM
Well, yeah, but i like the Quagsire idea. Keep that, and evolve wooper into Quagsire. You also might want a Grass Pokemon, what's your friends starter?

shinytactics14
27th October 2011, 3:26 PM
Another question, where do you get things like leftovers and scarfs?
none you have to catch snorlax

EDIT:
Would it take a while for his happiness to get high enough from Golbat?
not to long if you catch zubat at its lowest level in the game also give it a massage in goldenrod city underground

joverby
27th October 2011, 3:30 PM
Well, yeah, but i like the Quagsire idea. Keep that, and evolve wooper into Quagsire. You also might want a Grass Pokemon, what's your friends starter?

He took Cyndaquil too. So we both have fire.

I should probably get a grass poke to counter a water of his or something. I know he's going to be using Slow King for his water / psychic.

I like the idea of Quagsire too. I just need to think of someone to replace Murkrow I guess, although I didn't think he was that bad but I'm sure a 3rd evo poke would be better.

Guess I'll start working on Jolteon too, didn't know he was that beast-mode.

5221A
27th October 2011, 5:23 PM
for a grass try tangrowth , mamoswine dose great to

Qmaz246
27th October 2011, 5:25 PM
Then use a Shifty, just kidding, use an Umbrion maybe.

Assassin9399
27th October 2011, 5:35 PM
Take a Gyarados, and teach it Waterfall and Dragon Dance at least, teach it Earthquake when you have the TM (same with Stone Edge, otherwise, take Ice Fang). You don't want Fly on any poke, just catch a pidgey or something like that and teach it fly. Just put one pokemon in your box (your highest leveled one), and switch it on a certain moment to level all of them. Same with surf and the other hm's, teach them to non-party pokemon (Surf can be good on a special attacker, but not on Gyarados).

On Gyarados, try to get a Jolly or a Adamant natured one (catching Magikarp would help for this).

joverby
27th October 2011, 6:44 PM
Alright, on my Wooper I already taught him whirlpool and surf. Taught my Murkrow fly, it actually does a lot of damage, surprisingly.

So do you suggest taking Gyarados instead of Wooper, or both? Also what is your stance on Murkrow? Seems like someone else didn't think he'd be a good idea.

For you guys suggesting to add a grass(or any other poke) what do you suggest I replace it with?