PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Niyon [Discussion Thread]

Azran Flame
28th October 2011, 10:12 PM
Adventures in Niyon [Discussion Thread]

Thanks to Kamotz for approving this!

Oh, so you're finally here! I thought you'd never come at all! Thank goodness! What kept you so long? Oh, yeah, the thunderstorm. It was the thunderstorm, right? Right? No? What was it then? Oh, so it was the thunderstorm? Well, whatever.

Anyway, I'm Professor Maple, as you may know, and I'm the daughter of the previous Professor Maple. Wait, what? So you're telling me that you don't even know who I am? The regional professor of your own homeland, Niyon? Or is it because you were expecting my father to greet you? Well, anyway, on with life, then. Huh? I don't look like one? Hey! I am a real professor with a degree, thank you very much! I can even show you my license. There, happy now?

Again, my name is Professor Lucie Maple, and I'm the new regional professor of Niyon, and the only daughter of the previous professor, Professor Max Maple. You think I'm just gonna give your starter packs and go off on your journey, huh? Well, yes, I'm gonna do the exact thing. But I'm also gonna give you a special mission to do on your journey... and no, you're not gonna be all James Bond style with the latest gadgets. You just need to investigate for me.

So, have you noticed all the weird weather patterns, like the storm that hit Goldstrel City a few weeks ago? And the avalanche at Abermoor City only a few days ago? Plus the countless other strange weather patterns happening around Niyon? You, do, right? Good. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? No? Well, it would be surprising if you did, I mean, that would make you, like, psychic -

Ahem. Sorry for drifting away. Um, yeah, so I'll tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking that Legendary Pokémon here are coming over from other regions and causing all this trouble - I mean, you must have noticed that Thunderus that came here yesterday night, right? Exactly. I'm pretty convinced that they're causing all the trouble, since apparently Regice was seen at Abermoor City a day before the Avalanche, and Tornadus appeared at Goldstrel City a day before the tornado. Actually, I think the Thunderus appearing yesterday proves further that it's the one causing all this trouble and the thunderstorm today... Don't tell me that you didn't notice all that thunder and lightning...

...But why are they here? That's what I want to find out. Recently, I've detected some abnormal radio waves being emitted from somewhere in Diamond Island - you know, the city - as well as some other places as well. I think the radio waves are attracting the Legendary Pokémon to Niyon. My suspicions are that Team Revenge - as the name suggests, they're some kind of evil organisation with an evil goal or something - is emitting this radio wave to basically wreak havoc, probably. Not much is known about Team Revenge, unfortunately, apart from the fact that they've been doing lots of shady stuff recently. What shady stuff? How do I know?

But again, why? If all this is true, why are they doing this? What are Team Revenge's true aims? What do they want from the Legendary Pokemon? Well, that's for you to find out for me on your journey. I want you guys to stick together throughout your adventure - oh, your faces look priceless - and find out what Team Revenge is really up to. Well, don't forget to challenge Gyms and collect Badges as well, of course! Why I can't go myself? Oh, I have too much research to do, you see, but I promise I'll keep in touch with you guys.

Huh? Why are you looking at me like that? What? Oh, yes, the Starter Packs! I'll be back in a sec, just wait here...

--------------------

The region of Niyon has a peculiar shape - it has a big chunk of land in the middle, with many peninsulas jutting out of it. It has a fairly temperate climate, with the average temperature in summer ranging from 25°c to 30°c, and the average temperature in winter ranging from -5°c to -10°c. It tends to be a lot colder in the north-west than any other part of the region, for reasons unknown.

Niyon has a variety of different environmental features, such as a mountain, a forest, and a huge cavern. It's quite a pleasant place to live, with many tourists visiting the region each year.

More details about what the region looks like can be found in the link below:

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6911/regionmap.jpg

You are a beginning trainer from Rubic Town, with the mission given from Professor Maple in your mind. In your starter pack, you will find:

• Your Starter Pokémon
• A Pokégear
• A Pokétch
• Five Pokéballs
• Six Potions
• Each one of the status ailment healing potions
• A Region Map
• A Pokédex
• A Trainer Card
• A Badge Case
• A Backpack if you're a boy, a Shoulder Bag if you're a girl

All Starter Pokémon will be at Lv5, and may have up to two Egg Moves of your choice. Your journey starts on the 1st of March. There will be no Fakemon in this region. The Starter Pokémon are listed below:

*Charmander, Male, Brave, Blaze [Taken by Metal Bagon]
*Chikorita, Female, Jolly, Overgrow [Reserved for AwesomeGuy]
*Zorua, Male, Naughty, Illusion [Taken by *Jean Grey*]
*Piplup, Female, Bold, Torrent [Taken by Minteh]
*Dratini, Male, Gentle, Shed Skin [Reserved for GoldenHouou]
*Eevee, Female, Timid, Adaptability [Taken by Mon1010]

Remember, first come, first serve.

Your aim in this RPG is to battle, challenge gyms, collect badges, and at the same time, try to figure out what exactly Team Revenge is up to, whether they're the ones causing all this trouble, and what their true goals are. You will encounter many mysteries, challenges and dangers. Who knows, if Team Revenge really is behind all of this, and they are planning something terrible, the fate of Niyon may be in your hands...

This thread's main purpose is to, well, discuss the RPG itself, and also to answer your questions about it. Only members of the RPG are allowed to post (Mon1010, Minteh, *Jean Grey*, GoldenHouou, Metal Bagon, AwesomeGuy), and all posts need to be related to the RPG itself. But then, that's just common sense, right?

Anyway, if you have any questions about the region of Niyon, which Pokémon can be found, the Gym Leaders and landmarks of cities, etc., you may ask me here and I'll answer you if I can. Also, feel free to discuss your actions with your fellow RPers; create plans for missions and arrange times for your battles.*

This will also be the thread where the updates for various events to take place in the RPG will be posted, such as when battles will take place. There might also be important deadlines for your RPG posts and little spoilers about future plots, so stay tuned and make sure to visit every now and then!

Chapter 2 is up now! I'd like everyone to be at Saphorro City by 11/11/11, which is next Saturday! Read the chapter before posting, please.

Metal Bagon
28th October 2011, 11:04 PM
How will battles be carried out in this RP?

Also...first post!

EDIT: Also, how will we hold conversations with other players? An idea of mine is that we could both go onto Pokemon Online and private message a conversation but some players may not have Pokemon Online. So, how will we do conversations?

Monster Guy
28th October 2011, 11:12 PM
^ There's a Private Message system here. Just PM the person here. xD

Also, who's going to interact with someone first? xD

AwesomeGuy
29th October 2011, 12:18 AM
I'm going to leave it up to you guys if anyone wants to interact with Sergei. Mostly because him talking to somebody is totally out of character.

Though don't get me wrong, if things go on for too long without interaction, I will force him to talk to somebody.

Minteh
29th October 2011, 12:21 AM
If anyone wants to interact with Faye feel free.

Monster Guy
29th October 2011, 12:26 AM
I'm going to leave it up to you guys if anyone wants to interact with Sergei. Mostly because him talking to somebody is totally out of character.

Yeah, that's the trouble I have with shy/loner characters. It really makes charcter interaction difficult.

Fortunately, Selena isn't shy in the least. xD

Metal Bagon
29th October 2011, 12:56 AM
But then if we PMed we wouldn't be able to post a log in the main thread showing everyone else what we said. I'd like Flame Mistress' take on things since she does seem to be online.

Azran Flame
29th October 2011, 1:05 AM
This thread is for chatting, arranging battles, etc. End of story.

Also, please stay only in the beginning of Route 1 and stay out of the tall grass.

Metal Bagon
29th October 2011, 1:11 AM
But what will the battling mechanic's be? Or will you just GM then randomly?

AwesomeGuy
29th October 2011, 1:13 AM
Yeah, that's the trouble I have with shy/loner characters. It really makes charcter interaction difficult.

Fortunately, Selena isn't shy in the least. xD

Good, because social characters like yours are what make guys like Sergei work.

Azran Flame
29th October 2011, 2:02 AM
If you want a battle, either post here if you don't have a particular opponent that you want to battle, or post on their profile if you do have one. You guys take it from there. I suggest that you plan out your battle with your opponent, then have one of you post it. I will give a level to the Pokémon you used if I think they deserve it.

GoldenHouou
30th October 2011, 9:10 PM
Hey, a question! How will fights against NPCs be dealt with? (I noticed you had that little section called "Battle-able Trainers", so I'm guessing we'll run into some eventually.) Will you control the NPCs, or do we do it ourselves? I've seen both ways used, so that's why I'm curious.

Also,

(OOC: Remember kiddies, don't make it the Hate-Mia Club. XD I plan for her to soften up later on, so don't be cruel. XD Or else...you don't get to see her cook for the rest of you guys by evening, which I'm planning to make her do. XD)

Hah, I really hope, for Mia's sake, that she's an excellent cook! 8D Otherwise, Emil's going to constructively criticize the heck outta her cooking. Politely, of course.

Monster Guy
30th October 2011, 9:35 PM
Speaking of NPC's, who are the Gym Leaders?

More importantly (For me anyway) is there a Bug typed one? xD

Selena hates Bugs. She can tolerate things like Beautifly and Butterfree, but things like Scolipede and Ariados, well...you've been warned. xD

Azran Flame
30th October 2011, 10:40 PM
Hm... There's gonna be NPCs to battle you guys, and there'll also be some interesting people who you'll meet... Like... I'll think of one later on, lol.

But I'm planning on letting Looker (or at least, one of his relatives) make an appearance, as well as the Champion. I'm gonna separate three of you from the other three in the next chapter or the one after, and that's when one group of three will meet the leader of Team Revenge (although you don't know that yet). First Gym's located at... Emerdara City.

Concerning NPC battles, I'll tell you who will win the match (decided by a coin toss), and either yourself or myself will write the battle. I think I'll post it. On a side note, you must ask for permission for an NPC appearance, let alone a battle with them.

@ Mon: Yes, there WILL be a Bug-Type Gym Leader, probably the third or fourth, and he/she will own BOTH a Beautifly and a Scolipede... The others will be revealed when you come to battle the Gym Leader.

Azran Flame
3rd November 2011, 10:27 PM
Everyone, please move to Route 1 ASAP so that the plot can move along.

Minteh
3rd November 2011, 10:53 PM
I'll get it done later tonight or tomorrow.

GoldenHouou
3rd November 2011, 10:58 PM
Heh, just posted with Emil moving towards Route 1. Perfect timing 8D

*Jean Grey*
4th November 2011, 2:34 AM
Hey, a question! How will fights against NPCs be dealt with? (I noticed you had that little section called "Battle-able Trainers", so I'm guessing we'll run into some eventually.) Will you control the NPCs, or do we do it ourselves? I've seen both ways used, so that's why I'm curious.

Also,

Hah, I really hope, for Mia's sake, that she's an excellent cook! 8D Otherwise, Emil's going to constructively criticize the heck outta her cooking. Politely, of course.

Of course Mia's great, Liam taught her well. XD She seems to have a fondness for cooking chicken. This should come as a surprise as she looks like...well...not what you'd expect to be a good cook. XD Plus, it's one of her redeeming qualities.

Somebody should doubt though...going like "You sure you didn't poison this? I'm almost afraid to eat it." XD

Metal Bagon
4th November 2011, 6:53 AM
I'm already on Route 1 after my first post. MB is no slowpoke! More a Dexoys-S or +6 speed Ninjask XD

AwesomeGuy
5th November 2011, 5:34 AM
And with Sergei bringing up the rear of the group. I suppose we can see just what's on route one?

*Jean Grey*
5th November 2011, 6:52 AM
Emerdara City is the the first? Man, Mia will not like that. XD She wouldn't want to be reminded of her parents. XD

Avoid the Cassidy mansion at all costs. I might have Mia push the others along if they pass it. XD

GoldenHouou
5th November 2011, 10:57 AM
Hey, I've got a question. Do we have the box system from the games going on in this rp? Meaning, can we have more than six Pokémon, if some of them are on the box? Asking, because let's say I'll have Emil catch one Pokémon from the ones you listed. Then, as the rpg goes on, there are more than four Pokémon I want him to catch, or the one I had him catch now just doesn't fit his team anymore.

I'll probably give him a Murkrow and/or Patrat. Or Poochyena. Will post later today.

Azran Flame
5th November 2011, 11:10 AM
Yep, there will be.

Also, for people who haven't noticed yet, new chapter is out!

*Jean Grey*
5th November 2011, 12:53 PM
Maybe none yet for Mia...or one of the night Pokemon. XD She so wouldn't touch a ComMon rodent...they're not her taste. XD

Her final team would include Zoroark, Houndoom, Weavile, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Bisharp. XD I'm waiting for an opportunity to catch the base forms of one of these. XD

I guess she'll catch Deino last among the base forms if game mechanics apply here.

Cue the jabbing on her taste. It has to happen. XD Mia is peculiar, she's going to insult the Patrat around her...seriously. She'll think that they're ugly. Which route is full of pink Pokemon? I'll need to orchestrate a fit too.

Monster Guy
5th November 2011, 1:15 PM
Is Route 1 really that long that we need a full day to get to the first town? :/ Or can we get there in less than 24 hours?

Emerdara City is the the first? Man, Mia will not like that. XD She wouldn't want to be reminded of her parents. XD

Avoid the Cassidy mansion at all costs. I might have Mia push the others along if they pass it. XD

Which means we're going in. xD

*Jean Grey*
5th November 2011, 1:42 PM
No going into the Cassidy mansion until Mia catches her Deino (which will be very late perhaps). She's going to flip out and run away. XD

If you haven't guessed yet, Mia is supposedly Irish. The Cassidy mansion's interior is green-themed with a lot of gold everywhere, like a Leprechaun. Even funnier is that it's in the city named after emeralds.

AwesomeGuy
5th November 2011, 3:20 PM
Over 24 hrs? Guys get ready for camping shenanigans. I didn't think it would happen this early on, but we're doing this man, we're making this happen. Luckily I imagine Sergei as quite the survivalist considering all the time he spent out in the woods before.

Speaking of which I guess I'll probably have him catch a Zigzagoon and/or a Patrat, the rugged and hardy pokemon of the land. The proletariat of the region. Though Sergei having a Murkrow would be quite cool, I get the feeling everyone is going to go for one of those.

Azran Flame
5th November 2011, 3:33 PM
We're talking about the anime-world here, more or less. It took Ash's dad three days to get through Route 1 in Kanto... Be lucky that you only get a day instead.

Maybe I'll let you off with 18 hours if you're lucky.

Monster Guy
5th November 2011, 7:26 PM
I doubt I'm going to have Selena get anything from here.

Well, maybe Lilipup or Purrlion, but...I doubt it.

If there's camping involved, you can expect complaining from Selena's end. xD

Azran Flame
5th November 2011, 7:37 PM
There's gonna be camping involved throughout the journey loads of times... Poor Selena.

Monster Guy
5th November 2011, 7:38 PM
^ For that matter, poor everyone else. xD

*Jean Grey*
5th November 2011, 7:41 PM
Well...Mia won't be that comfy too...but...yay for more cooking opportunities! XD She's going to be the group's cook now, deal with it. XD

Maybe I'll have Mia catch a Poochyena considering it may take long for her next team member to come (I'm predicting that Houndour or Litwick would come first.) But then again, maybe not...as it could cue the b!tch jokes this early because of two canine Pokemon.

Azran Flame
5th November 2011, 8:58 PM
B**** is a female dog. Both your canines are male, so I shouldn't be too worried...

Oh, by the way, no bullying. Professor Maple is watching you...

*Jean Grey*
5th November 2011, 9:07 PM
Yeah...I'm planning to have Mia get an all-male team, just so that no references would be made (comparing her to her Pokemon that is. XD).

Monster Guy
5th November 2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah...I'm planning to have Mia get an all-male team, just so that no references would be made (comparing her to her Pokemon that is. XD).

Which means Selena is going to have an all female team to balance. :P (And because most of the Pokemon I want for her are pretty girly anyway.)

B**** is a female dog. Both your canines are male, so I shouldn't be too worried...

Oh, by the way, no bullying. Professor Maple is watching you...

How? o_0

Azran Flame
5th November 2011, 10:40 PM
I'm Professor Maple, I guess.

She's sent one of her Pokémon (that knows Teleport) to keep a look at you guys, though you're not supposed to know till much later. And that Pokémon reports back to Prof. Maple about the group's progress. Don't forget, she will call from time to time...

Monster Guy
9th November 2011, 3:22 PM
Well, this seems to have slowed down a bit. xD

No idea what to do. Route 1 is boring. :/

*Jean Grey*
9th November 2011, 3:33 PM
Have us get surrounded by Patrat! Sergei should catch the ringleader too! XD (That is, if he'll catch Patrat.) This will make Mia irritable. She hates Patrat a lot, and I'm probably schadenfreudic for the sake of humor.

Isn't it weird that Mia is the least feminine of the girls....yet is the only one who wears a skirt? XD

Monster Guy
9th November 2011, 4:55 PM
Have us get surrounded by Patrat! Sergei should catch the ringleader too! XD (That is, if he'll catch Patrat.) This will make Mia irritable. She hates Patrat a lot, and I'm probably schadenfreudic for the sake of humor.

Isn't it weird that Mia is the least feminine of the girls....yet is the only one who wears a skirt? XD

Aaaand done. xD

Someone feel free to notice Selena being chased by an army of angry Patrats. xD

Azran Flame
9th November 2011, 5:59 PM
Guys, DON'T POST until MB edits his post acceptably! He's got until 00:00 11/11/11 to edit his post, or he's kicked out. I'm sick of this.

In that time, you guys can make up a suitable plot for Route 1 as well, but if it's a big thing, ask permission from me.

Monster Guy
12th November 2011, 4:13 AM
Can we post now or what?

Azran Flame
12th November 2011, 9:29 AM
Yes, you can. Sorry for the inconvenience, guys.

GoldenHouou
22nd November 2011, 5:16 PM
Probably going to post tomorrow, should have time. But, hey, you mentioned that Patrat was dead and therefore not catchable, but Minteh caught it in her post before the whole Patrat stampede, so... yeah, shouldn't she be allowed to keep it, then?

Not sure if Emil will catch anything, to be honest... Will see.

Monster Guy
22nd November 2011, 5:21 PM
Probably going to post tomorrow, should have time. But, hey, you mentioned that Patrat was dead and therefore not catchable, but Minteh caught it in her post before the whole Patrat stampede, so... yeah, shouldn't she be allowed to keep it, then?

I was wondering that too. xD

I'm just waiting so everyone else has a chance react to the Patrat stampede before moving along. That's why I haven't posted in a while.

GoldenHouou
22nd November 2011, 5:30 PM
I'm thinking FM didn't notice that Minteh edited her post, hence the confusion. Also, sorry for being one of the people keeping you from posting. 8C But yeah, definitely a post from me tomorrow.

*Jean Grey*
22nd November 2011, 5:31 PM
Me too! XD Stampede was fun, Mikaela hates 'dem Patrat. XD

Now, I'm seriously doubting if Mikaela's team would be all-male, considering each Pokemon have specific genders. I got the feeling that Sneasel or Litwick may be female. XD I wouldn't worry about Houndour, Deino or Pawniard though...they're pretty masculine. XD

Azran Flame
26th November 2011, 5:38 PM
Minteh did? Holy moly, how could I miss that?

Anyway, I dunno if y'all are busy or not, but this RP seems to be pretty much dead...

GoldenHouou
26th November 2011, 5:40 PM
Nah, I don't think it's dead yet. Give it some time. I'm personally waiting for JG and AG, but if they don't post in a few days, I guess I could post again.

Azran Flame
27th November 2011, 7:46 PM
^ JG's posted. If you really wanna wait for AG... go for it. But try not to be too patient with him.

GoldenHouou
2nd December 2011, 12:48 PM
Hmm, I'll post after I get back on the 7th... hopefully AG'll get a post in before that, too 8D

EDIT: Posted. People seem to have disappeared but eh, thought it'd still be worth it to try and keep this alive!

Monster Guy
12th December 2011, 10:44 PM
Well, considering GH just posted, how many people are still active?

I haven't seen MB, AG, or Minteh around that much. :/

As hilarious as the trio of Mia, Selena, and Emil traveling together would be, we can't really ignore the others at this point.

GoldenHouou
12th December 2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah, and it isn't as fun with only three people. Should the others be poked with a VM, at least?

But yeeaaw, in case it wasn't obvious, I'm up for continuing! 8D