PDA

View Full Version : My SS team!!

L2thaZ
28th October 2011, 11:36 PM
Me and my friend decided to battle each other so ive decided to make a sandstorm team...

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/forretress.jpg

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Earthquake

So the reason why I put him in before Hippowdon was so that Forretress could set up as much as it can for Hippowdon to phaze. Earthquake for a filler move and explosion for a final form of attack.

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/hippowdon.jpg

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Curse
- Roar

My phazer and yes it is taunt bait but if used properly it could phaze a whole team to its death. Curse to increase bulkiness while not really sacrificing its already pathetic speed. Roar to phaze and slack off to recover its hp...he is the main pokemon in my team and without him my team will fail.

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/blissey.jpg

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Obviously my stall/speacial wall even though I invested so many EV's into its defence I think that it can already wall any special move so why not make it try survive physical moves right?. protect to stall and toxic in case Forretress dies before setting up T-Spikes and lastly seismic toss to be able to do some damage.

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/garchomp.jpg

Garchomp (M) @ BrightPowder
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

YES i know!!! this is probably the most illegal pokemon+item ever but me and my friend only said no legendaries because I tried to teach him about tiers but he said im just scared so I thought I would teach him a lesson and show him why garchomp is illegal:D. Sub then swords dance normally means I win and usually i can pull off a sub without it instantly breaking thanks to sand veil+brightpowder. Earthquake and dragon claw as its attacking moves. This thing is completely walled by Bronzong though.

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/weavile.jpg

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- X-Scissor

I hate this thing so much so please give me a suitable replacement. Ice punch and night slash are its two STAB moves while brick break and x-scizzor are filler moves

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/slowking.jpg

Slowking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

My special sweeper/special wall if he can nasty plot once or twice he can do damage but im also looking to replace him. Surf and psychic both get STAB while flamethrower gets rid of those annoying grass types who cannot kill him first.

So thats my team please rate with detail and im playing Soul Silver so please do not recommend pokemon that I cannot get:)

Aura Sensei™
29th October 2011, 12:32 AM
Hmm,well you can get Starmie in exchange for Slowking.I'm not good with ev's but I'll give you a set:

Starmie@Life Orb
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~T-Bolt
~Recover
Not sure for Nature.Sorry for my lack of help.

L2thaZ
29th October 2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks any help is good help ill search around for the EV's

Ilan
29th October 2011, 11:42 AM
Starmie doesn't use recover... use rapid spin instead and 252 SP.attack 252 speed on the set.. MODEST/TIMID

garchomp is illegal so when you replace it use gliscor or something...
about weavile maybe cacturune it get similar typing and it benefits from sandstorm you have very few pokemon who benefit from SS, you can use stoutland too he is GREAT in sandstorm even in OU.

PokeTrainerJay
29th October 2011, 11:47 AM
^This is in 4th Gen so Stoutland is unobtainable.

Ilan
29th October 2011, 12:29 PM
^This is in 4th Gen so Stoutland is unobtainable.

oh right forgot to check the forum sorry about it... anyway you could use rhyperior (I hope he was more used in gen 4) instead of weavile he got great offence and good defences and don't forget his ability.

L2thaZ
29th October 2011, 3:05 PM
Yeah i think i wil use rhypherior and starmie instead of weavile and slowking

Taylorswift4life
30th October 2011, 9:42 PM
curse on your hippowdon is a really inferior option to Stockpile if you're going for a straight up wall. Stock pile will help you out a lot more since it boosts your sp def as well as def.

I actually dislike a completely support hippowdon. It makes it absolutely useless against walls and even sweepers. In fact, I'd prefer putting toxic instead of curse or stockpile so you have something to hit Blissey with before she toxics you.

Also, I notice a lack of a spin-blocker. You're going to have a ton of trouble if those spikes and rocks you put up get spun away. So I suggest getting a Rotom-W or a Dusknoir to stop spinners and keep your entry hazards in.

Finally, your team gets mauled by a focus punching breloom. Your Forretress can't really hurt it without exploding and your hippowdon will probably get slept before it can do anything. A seed bomb from breloom will hurt your rhyperior and starmie and hippowdon. Your Garchomp (if you forget that its an uber) is the best you have to hurt the breloom, but on a 252 Jolly Breloom does 71%-84% to a 4/0 Garchomp, and so nearly 70% of the time you won't get a sub down after he hits.

L2thaZ
31st October 2011, 5:55 PM
This team isnt for wifi its for wireless against my friends so we not playn tiers..hippowdon wil get stockpile instead of curse...weavile is getting replaced with carnavine...garchop,forretress and blissey are staying and slowking is getting replaced by porygon-z...my friends are somewhat new to the competative scene so they do not knw much about the sets of the pokemon i dont even think they EV train their pokemon:)

noob21
11th December 2011, 6:29 AM
Chomp is uber and why would you put curse on hippowdon and not have an attacking move? Other than that this team is ready to go