PDA

View Full Version : "Vote to Befriend a Pokemon" Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zak Attack XIII
2nd November 2011, 9:30 AM
I started this thread so every one can discuss the new "vote to befriend a Pokemon" event. First of all I think it would be a SMART Idea to discuss the Pokemon we should pick before we vote because theirs so many good Dreamworld abilitys for pokes we haven't got to see in action yet. It might also be a good Idea to discuss maybe picking a legendary, a legendary you don't think you will see given out any time soon in the dreamworld like Mew, celebi, Jirachi, ext... and keep in mind that Japan already voted and picked Arceus and Korea already Voted for Rayquaza so it is probably a good idea not to vote for those pokes..

Personal, I think we should ALL vote for Celebi to show are support for the forums = )
or we should vote for Lugia or Ho-Oh because there both legendarys with half way decent Hidden abilitys unlike most the other legendarys with Hidden abilitys....

Ether way I'm interested in hearing what every one else has to say and who they plan on/ have already voted on. = )

hayatex
3rd November 2011, 5:23 AM
For Ho-Oh. Ability seems so good!

Afwan
3rd November 2011, 5:28 AM
Lugia. Multiscale Lugias are killers.

WhiteWizard42
3rd November 2011, 5:56 AM
I've already cast my vote for Lugia. Multi-Scale is RIDICULOUS.

~Sam~
3rd November 2011, 5:59 AM
picked ditto yay

Excitable Boy
3rd November 2011, 6:00 AM
As of the announcement of the new area, this is honestly pretty much a gamble as to whether or not we get it in the new area.

Mence loses the ability to switch in, Outrage, and probably Dragon Dance. Breloom will probably lose Bullet Seed. Zapdos loses Heat Wave, and there is no guaruntee that future tutors will give it back. Lucario loses Ice Punch, Crunch, Vacuum Wave, and Agility. Ho-oh and Lugia are Ubers, as well as both being possibly released via the current Japanese poll. All of those are all competitively viable anyway, whereas Ditto will continue to suck major balls without Imposter. Though Ditto will not be breedable, gendered Pokemon will probably be male only, and thus will be unable to use Egg moves, in addition to their past Generation tutor moves. While it is true that it could become available in a new area, we have no guaruntee of this, and should TPC have chosen to release Ditto on their own, it would have likely come from either Pleasant Forest or Spooky Manor.

If you're just doing this for your favorite legend or whatever that you don't already have, bear in mind that those have been released in the past and will inevitably be released again in the future, and are easily obtainable via the Trade Forum on Serebii or off Pokecheck, whereas Imposter Ditto has never, ever been released, and may never have the chance to be released again. As we have seen with Azure Flute, just because it could exist does not mean it will. Bear in mind as well that an Imposter Ditto will be infinitely rarer than any of those, anyway, and could probably be traded for multiple legendaries.

If you're voting for something that's already been released via Dream World, such as Torchic or whatever, bear in mind that that is also easily available via the Trade Forum or Pokecheck. There is no need to release it again, even if it was in a different country. Besides, the event will likely make its way overseas at some point.

Also, the vast majority of people want Ditto, and uniting votes behind one thing means that we don't get a repeat of Japan and Korea. It is much better to get something that you may want less than something else than something that is entirely useless.

...In truth, I want Techniloom but since the majority wants Ditto, I've voted for Ditto 30 times today & will continue to do so every day. Doing the math, by the end of November, I'm going to have voted for Ditto at least 900 times even though I wanted Techniloom.

I've looked around on other forums as well. It's not Breloom they want, it's not Zapdos, it's not Ho-oh, it's Ditto. I'd rather have my votes matter instead of voting for a Pokemon that I know will not win.

Do remember that this is not a lost cause - Korea had Ditto coming in second place.

Next Tuesday, when the results come out, should a non-Ditto, competitively viable/not totally useless Pokemon be leading, votes should be redirected at that Pokemon (though, given the way this is going, this seems unlikely).

For those of you wondering why it is Ditto is being voted for, Will-Powered Spriter has explained it well.

...Ditto's [DW] ability causes it to automatically transform into the opponent as it switches in. This means several things:
It's poor speed and defenses are no longer an issue. It no-longer has to survive one turn in order to transform. DW Ditto's IVs, EVs and nature for 5 of it's stats are irrelevant.
Ditto's ability causes it to mimic the opponents stat boosts. If the opponent has several speed boosts and attack boosts, ditto will copy them, making you perfectly even.
Because it doesn't need to use transform, it can wield a choice scarf. Ditto now functions as the ultimate revenge killer; if your opponent has multiple boosts and takes out your pokemon , you can send in ditto to become the opponents pokemon but faster. You should easily be able to take out their sweeper, and now the opponent must deal with your Ditto.

rocky505
3rd November 2011, 6:15 AM
Ditto should not be voted for! Ditto could end up being released in a new location soon. Legendaries with DW abilities is what we should vote for.

Excitable Boy
3rd November 2011, 6:32 AM
Ditto should not be voted for! Ditto could end up being released in a new location soon. Legendaries with DW abilities is what we should vote for.

That's all been explained above. Should TPC have chosen to release Ditto on their own, there is no reason it could not have been in Pleasant Forest or Spooky Manor. There is nothing to suggest that this will occur. Ho-oh and Lugia are also currently being voted on in a Japanese poll.

Rhonder
3rd November 2011, 6:34 AM
Breloom all the way! Gotta stick with my fave lol

Chuck$$$
3rd November 2011, 6:38 AM
lol, i voted day the poll released voted for one of my fav legends deoxys, wish i voted lugia though...

Taodragon
3rd November 2011, 6:44 AM
I voted for Lugia, I see the merits of having Ditto, but having my own personal tank is a little too good to pass up (IMO of course).

Roronoa Zoro
3rd November 2011, 7:03 AM
lol, i voted day the poll released voted for one of my fav legends deoxys, wish i voted lugia though...

You can vote again by clearing your cache or using an incognito window, I believe.

Anarnee
3rd November 2011, 7:04 AM
Mew D: Cause I want one.

Hexin' Wishes
3rd November 2011, 7:39 AM
Ditto should not be voted for!

I support this!

Deboog
3rd November 2011, 7:48 AM
Vote Ditto.

I logged into the forums for the first time in months to urge everyone to do this. Lets be frank. Ditto will be a very fun, interesting, and non-broken game changer. Don't count on them releasing ditto in the future. It's too big a risk.

Serebii!
3rd November 2011, 8:54 AM
Voted Ditto

Fenyxfyr
3rd November 2011, 9:01 AM
*sigh* Anything BUT ditto, please. please. please.
I voted Torchic cuz I want something I could possibly breed AND use in battles.

jstinftw!
3rd November 2011, 9:02 AM
I think we're about to see Ditto become Uber, if it does win.

Anyways, I did vote for Ditto. ^__^

EDIT:
*sigh* Anything BUT ditto, please. please. please.
I voted Torchic cuz I want something I could possibly breed AND use in battles.

You should really read this.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=13687571&postcount=6

misterdarvus
3rd November 2011, 11:17 AM
Whatever that win the poll, I accept it, as long it's the unreleased ability one.

2rsa
3rd November 2011, 12:42 PM
I voted for lugia.
he is a legendary with and awesome hidden ability.
ditto is cool but not against dw legends.

NoToRiousBrawL
3rd November 2011, 12:53 PM
Lugia is the best.
ZaK you are always gifted homie ;)

Heliotrope
3rd November 2011, 1:29 PM
I voted for Lugia. And everyone else should, too. :P

The Arceus Delusion
3rd November 2011, 5:09 PM
Voted Deoxys... AGAIN. Already have a Lugia and Ditto in my collection, so I don't really want another one in my collection. No, I don't care about their DW abilities.

Nibbles4Ever
3rd November 2011, 5:12 PM
I voted for raichu because it's my very favorite pokemon ^^

Concordia
3rd November 2011, 5:59 PM
This might be quite a thick question but (as much as I'd love a Lugia myself) but I'd love someone to explain it's Dream World ability Multiscale as I wouldn't want to cast a pointless vote if I didn't benefit it properly so could someone just pick my brain on his DW ability?

"Reduces damage afflicted to the Pokémon by 50% if at maximum HP"

Does this mean Lugia will attack with 50% less attack than before OR does it mean that attacking pokemon will hit Lugia with 50% less of their attack points?

Will-powered Spriter
3rd November 2011, 6:21 PM
This might be quite a thick question but (as much as I'd love a Lugia myself) but I'd love someone to explain it's Dream World ability Multiscale as I wouldn't want to cast a pointless vote if I didn't benefit it properly so could someone just pick my brain on his DW ability?

Does this mean Lugia will attack with 50% less attack than before OR does it mean that attacking pokemon will hit Lugia with 50% less of their attack points?

It means that if Lugia's HP is full, it will take only half as much damage as usual. Combine this with a recovery move (Lugia gets recover but unfortunately loses roost if it's DW, which is better), and Lugia becomes very difficult to damage and impossible to OHKO. This is an excellant ability for a bulky pokemon, as already proven by Dragonite.

I still say you should vote ditto, although the new area does complicate things.

Competitively, the best things to vote are probably, in dex order

Ditto
Zapdos (Will lose Heatwave)
Suicune (Will lose Sleep talk)
Raikou (Will lose Aura sphere)
Lugia (Will lose Roost)
Ho-oh
Regice (Will lose Counter)

with Bagon (Will lose Outrage and Dragon Dance) and Shroomish (Will lose Bullet Seed) as runners up.

If you don't want to vote any of those, do at least consider these guidelines:
DO NOT VOTE for a pokemon with no Dw ability (unless it's an event legend, if you must)
DO NOT VOTE for an already released pokemon, even if it's only released as male.
DO NOT VOTE for an evolved pokemon. If you vote for Lucario, you miss out on Prankster Riolu.
DO NOT VOTE for a pokemon that needs an egg or tutor move to be useful (shroomish)
DO NOT VOTE under the assumption the pokemon will be breedable, unless it's female only.
FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS DO NOT VOTE PIKACHU (already released as female and evolved).

drothagreat0ne
3rd November 2011, 6:22 PM

The second part.

{(•)___(•)}
3rd November 2011, 6:53 PM
Should TPC have chosen to release Ditto on their own, there is no reason it could not have been in Pleasant Forest or Spooky Manor.

It doesn't necessarily fit those locations. They keep releasing new ones, so it's very likely one of them will have Ditto. I'm guessing they will make Ditto available in some sort of laboratory area that also has Pokemon like Porygon, Castform, Voltorb, Magnemite, Beldum, Bronzor, and Rotom. Just because a Pokemon could possibly be found in a forest or a mansion, it doesn't mean they're going to put it there. By that logic, they would have made pretty much every single grass-type available in the forest, and every flying-type available in the sky. They always come up with new areas, so you never know. I think it's less likely that legendary Pokemon will be released. That's why I voted for Lugia.

Concordia
3rd November 2011, 7:14 PM
It means that if Lugia's HP is full, it will take only half as much damage as usual. Combine this with a recovery move (Lugia gets recover but unfortunately loses roost if it's DW, which is better), and Lugia becomes very difficult to damage and impossible to OHKO. This is an excellant ability for a bulky pokemon, as already proven by Dragonite.

I still say you should vote ditto, although the new area does complicate things.

Ah thank you very much for taking the time to explain; are there any hints as to what Ditto's dream world move will be? At the moment it's a toss up between voting Ditto/Lugia now.

Roronoa Zoro
3rd November 2011, 7:16 PM
Ah thank you very much for taking the time to explain; are there any hints as to what Ditto's dream world move will be? At the moment it's a toss up between voting Ditto/Lugia now.

Ditto only learns transform. I assume that will be the case for DW as well, since that's basically it's gimmick, but the move doesn't really matter anyways.

Zak Attack XIII
3rd November 2011, 7:20 PM
I can see how ditto would seem like a good pick, BUT I have a VERY BIG feeling we will see Ditto released someday. I mean If you look at what they have already done with the DW you can planly see that they have not EVER released a legendary anyway except through EVENTS! As for Genderless Pokes with DW abilitys (like Ditto) they release a few every time they put out a new area... you wouldn't want to waste your Vote on Ditto only for him to show up a few months after the poll US would get the short end of the stick in that case and are Poll would have been useless!

I think are best bet is to vote for Lugia and just hold out for Ditto... he will show up in the DW one day, I'm sure of it. = )

If you agree put "Vote for Lugia" in your sig friends!! = )

Livinitup17
3rd November 2011, 7:22 PM

this guy knows what he's talking about
I voted for lugia but if ho-oh wins i'm ok with that
As for dw ditto theres some counter i can think of to overcome it people trying to convince people ditto is the right choice make it seem ditto has no weakness when in fact it does

2rsa
3rd November 2011, 7:25 PM
this guy knows what he's talking about
I voted for lugia but if ho-oh wins i'm ok with that
As for dw ditto theres some counter i can think of to overcome it people trying to convince people ditto is the right choice make it seem ditto has no weakness when in fact it does
Ho-oh is great too. i chose lugia because i knew as long as lugia is in there he would have most of the vote and i like him a little better.:3

Will-powered Spriter
3rd November 2011, 7:32 PM

Ditto will not get a DW move, and if it did it would be irrelevant, as it would never get a chance to use it.

Ditto isn't invincible, of course there are counters. This is true of everything though.

Concordia
3rd November 2011, 7:40 PM
Ditto will not get a DW move, and if it did it would be irrelevant, as it would never get a chance to use it.

Ditto isn't invincible, of course there are counters. This is true of everything though.

I don't think most dittos have been out of daycare, mine certainly has never seen the light of battle since caught 2 years ago so you have a good point. Are people voting for ditto so it becomes more readily availible for breeding purposes?

Roronoa Zoro
3rd November 2011, 7:42 PM
I don't think most dittos have been out of daycare, mine certainly has never seen the light of battle since caught 2 years ago so you have a good point. Are people voting for ditto so it becomes more readily availible for breeding purposes?

No. With its ability, it will be a contender for OU probably. Its ability allows it to transform without having to use the move transform. It would make a great revenge killer.

Will-powered Spriter
3rd November 2011, 7:45 PM

You are confusing DW moves with DW abilities. :)

Ditto's DW ability makes any DW move it would gain irrelevant, as it causes it to automatically transform before it could use it (not that a ditto in ditto form could do any damage anyway).

Kalosian
3rd November 2011, 9:17 PM
I voted for Lugia. The choice stood between it and Ho-oh as they both have excellent abilities. Other candidates were Riolu and Shroomish, but I would rather see a legendary win. As for Ditto, I do honestly not give a digit about it and its ability.

Zoruagible
3rd November 2011, 9:37 PM
I voted for Arceus, they are hard to get.

Kameinu
3rd November 2011, 9:44 PM
Voted Arceus aswell. Hard to get and will give me a good lol during my next black run.

Hatsune Miku
3rd November 2011, 9:47 PM
I voted latios because.. its just latios

PokeMaster366
3rd November 2011, 9:50 PM
I personally voted for Shaymin, and here's why

1.) They are nigh impossible to come across and it's been forever and a day since the last event for him.

2.) Arceus already got quite a few events, and I wish they had some special thing in BW where if you get all 16 plates and then talk to Cynthia, she'll go on about some history thing and then you'll be able to catch Arceus in-game.

3.) Most of your major legends are catchable in-game, already have good abilities, and their DW abilities will either almost never get any good usage or be non-existent in competitive play since A.) The ones with good DW abilities will be giving up great moves (Lugia w/ Roost), and B.) their in-game abilities are already perfect for them. And

4.) Shaymin just looks cool in its Sky Forme.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE FLYING REINDEER! T-T (or at least something that can be used in OU and/or Random Matchup.)

http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/79369-albums6871-picture43780.jpg

Swagmander
3rd November 2011, 10:07 PM
It doesn't necessarily fit those locations. They keep releasing new ones, so it's very likely one of them will have Ditto. I'm guessing they will make Ditto available in some sort of laboratory area that also has Pokemon like Porygon, Castform, Voltorb, Magnemite, Beldum, Bronzor, and Rotom. Just because a Pokemon could possibly be found in a forest or a mansion, it doesn't mean they're going to put it there. By that logic, they would have made pretty much every single grass-type available in the forest, and every flying-type available in the sky. They always come up with new areas, so you never know. I think it's less likely that legendary Pokemon will be released. That's why I voted for Lugia.
It is very likely that there will be more polls like this in the future. Ho-Oh and Lugia are the current top contenders for Japan, why not vote for something that isn't being released elsewhere? You could easily wage a trade for a Japanese DW Ho-oh/Lugia if you had a DW Ditto. You can't even battle with Ho-Oh or Lugia in any regulated battle system, restricting them to uber tier battling. Ditto is so unique and so different that I really don't see it being released with a regular old batch of DW Pokes. And even if it is coming out anyway, the question is when. If Imposter Ditto were to come out at the end of the 5th generation, it would be irrelevant. I say we vote for Ditto now. Maybe Lugia/Ho-Oh next time (whichever one isn't released in Japan).

La Mort
3rd November 2011, 10:16 PM
I voted a couple of times for Deoxys as I've never owned one and a legit Deoxys would be super. I'm not too bothered about DW abilities as I'm not really a competitive player.

Kudos to the pink blob if he does win though!

Livinitup17
3rd November 2011, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprise if something dumb wins i mean all the legendaries have tons of events how hard is it to just get one
Atleast arceus was useful to get it flawless but rayquaza was a waste and hopefully this time it's not a waste
Noobs>Competitive players
Were at a disadvantage

The Arceus Delusion
3rd November 2011, 10:33 PM
I personally voted for Shaymin, and here's why

1.) They are nigh impossible to come across and it's been forever and a day since the last event for him.

2.) Arceus already got quite a few events, and I wish they had some special thing in BW where if you get all 16 plates and then talk to Cynthia, she'll go on about some history thing and then you'll be able to catch Arceus in-game.

3.) Most of your major legends are catchable in-game, already have good abilities, and their DW abilities will either almost never get any good usage or be non-existent in competitive play since A.) The ones with good DW abilities will be giving up great moves (Lugia w/ Roost), and B.) their in-game abilities are already perfect for them. And

4.) Shaymin just looks cool in its Sky Forme.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE FLYING REINDEER! T-T (or at least something that can be used in OU and/or Random Matchup.)

http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/79369-albums6871-picture43780.jpg

Shaymin sounds like a good choice, too. Mainly because I don't have one of those either. Are you capable of transforming it into its sky forme in BW? Hmm. If Deoxys doesn't win, I do hope for Shaymin.

Hatsune Miku
3rd November 2011, 10:40 PM
Isnt shaymin like banned on random matchup? (just asking)
btw ty all who support the free eon

PokeMaster366
3rd November 2011, 11:03 PM
Shaymin sounds like a good choice, too. Mainly because I don't have one of those either. Are you capable of transforming it into its sky forme in BW? Hmm. If Deoxys doesn't win, I do hope for Shaymin.

You can get Gracedia flowers in that town close to that cave where you get Kyurem. Honestly, I want Shaymin, but I'll be happy too if they instead choose a legend that can be used in the RM, so I'll support Latios too, even though he tends to be a pain to train.

Meowth City
3rd November 2011, 11:12 PM
It's good to know that others have voted for Shaymin ~ That's what I voted for.

The Arceus Delusion
3rd November 2011, 11:16 PM
You can get Gracedia flowers in that town close to that cave where you get Kyurem. Honestly, I want Shaymin, but I'll be happy too if they instead choose a legend that can be used in the RM, so I'll support Latios too, even though he tends to be a pain to train.

Ah I see. That's neat. I've never actually seen the Sky Forme in game physically, so I would enjoy getting Shaymin as well. As for supporting Latios, or non-event legendaries in general, I do think think they're a step above stuff like Ditto. If I had all the event legendaries, then I would support them second more than anything. I don't want to bash people for their decisions, but it just seems sort of like a waste to go for something like Ditto or any other commonplace Pokemon. No, there is no guarantee that Ditto will ever be available in the DW, but I think it's a safer bet than hoping for another chance with any of the event legendaries.

Zak Attack XIII
4th November 2011, 1:48 AM
Ditto is so unique and so different that I really don't see it being released with a regular old batch of DW Pokes. And even if it is coming out anyway, the question is when. If Imposter Ditto were to come out at the end of the 5th generation, it would be irrelevant.

REALLY!! Ditto is so "Unique" you don't think it would be released with regular DW pokes... WHAT ABOUT Rotom? I don't think it gets any more "unique" then a poke that has 6 forms and is Ghost and Fire,water,flying,grass,electric,and Ice type. Nintendo didn't have a prob releasing Rotom with Regular DW pokes!!!
Also any pokemon that is released at the end of the 5th generation would be irrelevant, weather it be Ditto or Lugia or some other poke! we should not miss are chance to get a DW Legendary while we can. Also BTW the Event going on in japan right now is for a Poke in the Cherish Ball, not a DW poke. so even if Lugia wins both are Poll and japan's "Box cover" Poll only ares will Have its Hidden ability....

VOTE LUGIA and don't miss you chance to get a DW Legendary.
Ditto will show up someday...

Livinitup17
4th November 2011, 2:07 AM
REALLY!! Ditto is so "Unique" you don't think it would be released with regular DW pokes... WHAT ABOUT Rotom? I don't think it gets any more "unique" then a poke that has 6 forms and Nintendo didn't have a prob releasing Rotom with Regular DW pokes!!!
Also any pokemon that is released at the end of the 5th generation would be irrelevant, weather it be Ditto or Lugia or some other poke! we should not miss are chance to get a DW Legendary while we can. Also BTW the Event going on in japan right now is for a Poke is a Cherish Ball Pokemon event, not a DW poke. so even if Lugia wins are Poll and japan's "Box cover" Poll only ares will Have its Hidden ability....

VOTE LUGIA and don't miss you chance to get a DW Legendary.
Ditto will show up someday...

if only people would understand this but they outnumber people who think outside the box what can we do

rocky505
4th November 2011, 2:09 AM
I just gave Lugia another 6 or 7 votes lol

Livinitup17
4th November 2011, 2:13 AM
I just gave Lugia another 6 or 7 votes lol

Can you pm how you do that i thought you could only vote once

Cratess
4th November 2011, 2:46 AM
I voted for Lugia because legendaries are least likely to appear in any map in the dreamworld.

Auraninja
4th November 2011, 4:53 AM
For now, I think people who haven't voted should wait until the 16th to see what is released. If you wanted Lugia above anything else, you should probably do so, but if it's a Pokemon that is not legendary or a starter, I would wait. I voted for Ditto prior to the leak, but I wouldn't mind Lugia winning.

Also, can't we all just get along? It's just a vote for a Pokemon, not who will run part of the world.

Rarity
4th November 2011, 4:55 AM
Voted for ditto<3

LordLati
4th November 2011, 6:51 AM
I voted for Arceus because it is an ugly goat... er because I've only seen it given out once near my location.

I'd be happy with most of the event Pokémon such as Deoxys, Keldeo, etc, but not things that have been given out many times like Mew, Jirachi, or the lati twins.

I'd rather see ditto added to an expansion of the dream world. I suppose you could stick it in the forest, the mansion, or even the "supposed" expansion. I'd be mischievous and add it as a random encounter Pokémon (only identifiable after you clear the mini-game)

pambihirang_nilalang
4th November 2011, 9:10 AM
Ditto.

im a fan competitive battling.
you can never use a Lugia/Ho-oh on a standard battle
unlike Ditto

AND i never tried to use a Ditto on a battle since RBGY

so lets give the little guy a chance

Zak Attack XIII
4th November 2011, 6:35 PM
Ditto.

unlike Ditto

so lets give the little guy a chance

I'm sure with Dittos Hidden ability being the way it is Ditto will soon be banned from competitive battling anyway, much like Smeargle with Sketch, weather effects and so on.... unless of course your not talking about REAL competitive battling and you referring to GBU....

rocky505
4th November 2011, 6:38 PM
Ditto.

unlike Ditto

so lets give the little guy a chance The little guy has a chance to be released in a new area. Lugia and Ho-Oh do not this is their only chance.

{(•)___(•)}
4th November 2011, 7:44 PM
You know what would be cool? If Dream World Ditto could breed with male Dream World Pokemon and the offspring could have its Dream World ability. If that were the case, I would vote for Ditto in a heartbeat. But sadly, it's not. :P

Mavm
4th November 2011, 7:53 PM
The little guy has a chance to be released in a new area. Lugia and Ho-Oh do not this is their only chance.

somehow i think that ditto will apear in the rugged montain expansion ...

Gas Snake X
4th November 2011, 8:10 PM
Dialga for me ^_^

A Dragon/Steel combo + Telepathy and access to Earthquake! Yes Plz!

Swagmander
4th November 2011, 9:36 PM
Is there a way to vote more than once? Because that would keep the battlers who are serious about this poll more in the race than children who are simply picking their favorite Pokemon.

Shneak
4th November 2011, 9:48 PM
I was going to vote for Arceus since I have never had one, but I love the Ditto idea. I have an Eccentric Ditto on my DW Competitive Team and it kicks ***.

Honeyichigo
4th November 2011, 9:55 PM
Is there a way to vote more than once? Because that would keep the battlers who are serious about this poll more in the race than children who are simply picking their favorite Pokemon.

You could probably vote multiple times from public computers if no one else had already used them. It also depends on how the site keeps track of who's voted (IP addresses or cookies or whatever).

Not that's I'm advocating this. I'm just saying it's possible.

ScytheSwipe
4th November 2011, 10:01 PM
I see the merit in voting for ditto and lugia. Somebody help me here I'm so divided. I'm guessing that lugia has a better chance at winning though

cwf1701
4th November 2011, 10:51 PM
i hope they give us a girl eevee (or one of its evolution). i hope the eevee would evolve into its hidden ability. and a girl eevee would breed other eevees so i can get a full set of eevees with hidden ability. which is why i voted for espeon.

Lindis
5th November 2011, 12:05 AM
i hope they give us a girl eevee (or one of its evolution). i hope the eevee would evolve into its hidden ability. and a girl eevee would breed other eevees so i can get a full set of eevees with hidden ability. which is why i voted for espeon.

Unfortenely almost all event DW pokémon have been male. So its better to vote for Eevee than Espeon, thought I wouldn't recomment voting for Eevee. Female DW Eevee has been released in japan, so finding a DW Eevee shouldn't be that hard.

I want Ho-Oh, Lugia, Raikou, Zapdos or Suicune to win. Ditto would be okay, but tbh I think it might be realeased in one of the future expansions. What would make me REALLY dissapointed is if Arceus, Deoxys or any other pokes with no DW ability would win.

Lorde
5th November 2011, 2:07 AM
I've voted for Arceus twice. I just really want Arceus to win since I want to have an Arceus that doesn't have its name in all capital letters. I've also told other people to vote for Arceus, but we'll see how things go. I have a feeling that a Legendary Pokemon is gonna win since most of the people who are voting are kids who love that kind of Pokemon.

ishni18
5th November 2011, 2:09 AM
Arceus!!!!!!

Because I don't have one Dx

Oh and I support you The 4th KIRA! xDDDD

rocky505
5th November 2011, 2:17 AM
Why are you people not noticing what you're doing. This is our only chance to get a legendary Pokemon with a DW ability. All the event pokemon( gens 1-4) are votes being wasted. We do not want to look stupid like Japan and Korea did in their polls. Ditto should not be voted for until we find out what is in the Rugged Mountain. So for now just vote for these Pokemon.

1.Zapdos
2.Articuno
3.Moltres
4. Mewtwo( His ability sucks though)
5. Raikou
6. Entei
7. Suicune
8. Lugia
9. Ho-Oh
10. Regirock
11. Regice
12. Registeel
13. Dialga
14. Palkia
15. Heatran
16. Giratina

Do not say you voted for an event because you do not own one. There are plenty of those event pokemon in the trade forum.

Roronoa Zoro
5th November 2011, 2:20 AM
Why are you people not noticing what you're doing. This is our only chance to get a legendary Pokemon with a DW ability. All the event pokemon( gens 1-4) are votes being wasted. We do not want to look stupid like Japan and Korea did in their polls. Ditto should not be voted for until we find out what is in the Rugged Mountain. So for now just vote for these Pokemon.

1.Zapdos
2.Articuno
3.Moltres
4. Mewtwo( His ability sucks though)
5. Raikou
6. Entei
7. Suicune
8. Lugia
9. Ho-Oh
10. Regirock
11. Regice
12. Registeel
13. Dialga
14. Palkia
15. Heatran
16. Giratina

Do not say you voted for an event because you do not own one. There are plenty of those event pokemon in the trade forum.

They can vote for events if they want. Maybe people want ridiculous offers for an Arceus?

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
5th November 2011, 2:23 AM
Butthurt.

Perhaps you should stop telling people what to vote for and let them vote for what they please.

How does that sound?

rocky505
5th November 2011, 2:28 AM
Perhaps you should stop telling people what to vote for and let them vote for what they please.

How does that sound? How does lose the attitude sound. I am not mad about this I am just annoyed that people aren't thinking straight at all.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
5th November 2011, 2:32 AM
You apparently have the ability to detect emotions or tone through text. I repeat, people can vote for whatever they please. Deal with it.

Roronoa Zoro
5th November 2011, 2:39 AM
I feel pretty bad for little Timmy down the street who doesn't know you can vote more an once. I wish they could do something to restrict it to one vote, now little Timmy won't get his Arceus because of the people taking advantage of this flaw. Think of little Timmy (and no, he can't trade for one because all his Pokemon are ****)!

Livinitup17
5th November 2011, 2:41 AM
You apparently have the ability to detect emotions or tone through text. I repeat, people can vote for whatever they please. Deal with it.

First, He's telling why they would be voting for options that are not the best and he's telling them what would be a smart choice he's not harassing people to vote for them he's INFORMING theres a difference he's doing what campaigns do trying to convince people you can it brainwashing or whatever.He's not holding a gun and telling them off for there choice of pokemon.

Second, You can tell the tone of people expression by the choice of words you choose incase you didn't know that what authors do when they write novels they try to show different tones throughout their book for people to understand and comprehend the situation occurring in the book.

rocky505
5th November 2011, 2:44 AM
I feel pretty bad for little Timmy down the street who doesn't know you can vote more an once. I wish they could do something to restrict it to one vote, now little Timmy won't get his Arceus because of the people taking advantage of this flaw. Think of little Timmy (and no, he can't trade for one because all his Pokemon are ****)! I'm sure little Timothy will be fine with a Legendary with a super special ability that can only be obtained in dreams.

Roronoa Zoro
5th November 2011, 2:48 AM
I'm sure little Timothy will be fine with a Legendary with a super special ability that can only be obtained in dreams.

Nah. He won't, Arceus is his favorite legendary.

ishni18
5th November 2011, 2:50 AM
Uhhh people . . . it just a fun little voting event where each person can choose what they want and vote for it.

No need to get into a fight about it o.o

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
5th November 2011, 2:50 AM
First, He's telling why they would be voting for options that are not the best and he's telling them what would be a smart choice he's not harassing people to vote for them he's INFORMING theres a difference he's doing what campaigns do trying to convince people you can it brainwashing or whatever.He's not holding a gun and telling them off for there choice of pokemon.

Second, You can tell the tone of people expression by the choice of words you choose incase you didn't know that what authors do when they write novels they try to show different tones throughout their book for people to understand and comprehend the situation occurring in the book.

First, that still doesn't change the fact that he's very noticeably getting irritated at people who choose to vote for what they please instead of his little "list". As if everyone is completely clueless as to what they can vote for. This is a democracy, not *Oh that's stupid and useless, just vote for x because it has y* like he is clearly insinuating.

Second, responding to tone is a terrible method of arguing with someone. Quite up there with ad-hominem. Unless you want to try and prove me wrong.

ishni18
5th November 2011, 2:52 AM

Like I said, anybody is entitled to vote for whatever they like. I like Arceus and I don't want a cloned pokemon, so I'm voting for it.

FILIP22
5th November 2011, 2:54 AM
oooOOOOo a duplicate thread, lemme copy paste my post

To those that vote ditto, yea have fun when Ditto goes uber and you all waste the vote.

I voted for Celebi, I want one with MY OT in a Dreamball. Celebi and Jirachi is the logical choice being the only 2 Pokemon where the OT is event exclusive (Japan has Mew and Arceus, so why not we have Celebi or Jirachi?)

Don't waste vote on Arceus... it already won a poll >_>

ishni18
5th November 2011, 2:56 AM

To those that vote ditto, yea have fun when Ditto goes uber and you all waste the vote.

I voted for Celebi, I want one with MY OT in a Dreamball. Celebi and Jirachi is the logical choice being the only 2 Pokemon where the OT is event exclusive (Japan has Mew and Arceus, so why not we have Celebi or Jirachi?)

Yea. .in Japan Dx

I don't have a Japanese game - so Arceus FTW! xDDDDD

Livinitup17
5th November 2011, 3:02 AM
First, that still doesn't change the fact that he's very noticeably getting irritated at people who choose to vote for what they please instead of his little "list". As if everyone is completely clueless as to what they can vote for. This is a democracy, not *Oh that's stupid and useless, just vote for x because it has y* like he is clearly insinuating.

Second, responding to tone is a terrible method of arguing with someone. Quite up there with ad-hominem. Unless you want to try and prove me wrong.

He didn't insult anyone he's explaining why he's irrated and giving a simple solution towards his irritation
He insults japan and korea not the actual members here read carefully
if your irrated by his comment doesn't mean everyone is noone has complain and this is a discussion forum for discussion may it be for being in favor or against if you have a issue take it up with a mod
Well if you hadn't reply in such a way he wouldn't need to do so
I'm not saying he was right in the way he responding just explaining why he would think so

FILIP22
5th November 2011, 3:02 AM
Yea why copy japan when we can be unique like them? ;D

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
5th November 2011, 3:11 AM
He didn't insult anyone he's explaining why he's irrated and giving a simple solution towards his irritation

Did I say he insulted anyone? Instructing people on what is "smart" to vote for is hardly a "solution". Almost arrogant in a way, because a lot of people have their own personal reasons on why they voted for the Pokemon of their choice. Not everyone here is born with half a brain and can't figure out what would theoretically be a good idea.

He insults japan and korea not the actual members here read carefully

Both of which had a choice and the majority chose their respective events to win. I question the intelligence of calling either countries "stupid" for that. It's so stupid to have freedom, after all. If you need to be informed, that's sarcasm.

if your irrated by his comment doesn't mean everyone is noone has complain and this is a discussion forum for discussion may it be for being in favor or against

Not even remotely irritated. I'm telling him that people have a choice of anything they please, if he wants to arrogantly force a particular amount of Pokemon onto people that they don't want to vote for, he'll be promptly corrected accordingly.

Well if you hadn't reply in such a way he wouldn't need to do so
I'm not saying he was right in the way he responding just explaining why he would think so

Spend less time observing emotions in a person's text and more time actually trying to reply to the material in the post.

rocky505
5th November 2011, 3:17 AM
Did I say he insulted anyone? Instructing people on what is "smart" to vote for is hardly a "solution". Almost arrogant in a way, because a lot of people have their own personal reasons on why they voted for the Pokemon of their choice. Not everyone here is born with half a brain and can't figure out what would theoretically be a good idea.

Both of which had a choice and the majority chose their respective events to win. I question the intelligence of calling either countries "stupid" for that. It's so stupid to have freedom, after all. If you need to be informed, that's sarcasm.

Not even remotely irritated. I'm telling him that people have a choice of anything they please, if he wants to arrogantly force a particular amount of Pokemon onto people that they don't want to vote for, he'll be promptly corrected accordingly.

Spend less time observing emotions in a person's text and more time actually trying to reply to the material in the post. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Think I'm annoying for doing this, just think of people on Smogon.

I am doing what is right. This is our only chance of getting a DW legendary. Events are in the trade forum up for trade. I have a friend that trades me some of the movie event Pokemon every year and he doesn't give a crap what I trade him for it. There are people who will accept minor things for an event. Also whether it's cloned or not it is still legit.

ishni18
5th November 2011, 3:19 AM
Yea why copy japan when we can be unique like them? ;D

LOL~ xDDDDDD

You're funny xD

But my decision still stands.

SilentSpeceter36
5th November 2011, 3:22 AM
I realize the benfits of Lugia with wonder scale but guys...we really need to ban together and pick 1 or at the most 2 options here. There are always gonna be the little kids who vote pikachu, one of the starters, or some other anime pokemon. They (unfortunately) make up a large mass (propably the majority) of the community, so we need to work together to stop from getting...a dream world pikachu.

ishni18
5th November 2011, 3:24 AM
I realize the benfits of Lugia with wonder scale but guys...we really need to ban together and pick 1 or at the most 2 options here. There are always gonna be the little kids who vote pikachu, one of the starters, or some other anime pokemon. They (unfortunately) make up a large mass (propably the majority) of the community, so we need to work together to stop from getting...a dream world pikachu.

LOL I'm more inclined to think little kids would vote for rare legendaries like Arceus (provided they don't have Japanese games and don't clone) - well at least my little cousins will O.o. But yes, totally agree with you.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
5th November 2011, 3:26 AM
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Think I'm annoying for doing this, just think of people on Smogon.

Yep, and someone continues idle observation of what he assumes is my current feelings toward his posts.

I am doing what is right.

No, not really. Everyone can think for themselves.

This is our only chance of getting a DW legendary.

Same thing from the previous thread again. Who is this "our"? Or who is this "we"? You keep using such terms as if you represent the collective amount of fan's opinions.

Events are in the trade forum up for trade.

Implying everyone wants to resort to that.

I have a friend that trades me some of the movie event Pokemon every year and he doesn't give a crap what I trade him for it.

Good for him.

There are people who will accept minor things for an event. Also whether it's cloned or not it is still legit.

There are also people who prefer to have their own things, have issues connecting to others with wi-fi, don't visit this forum, prefer truthworthy traders who don't have a sketchy trading history, I can go on and on with what precisely is wrong with your rambling.

rocky505
5th November 2011, 3:28 AM
Same thing from the previous thread again. Who is this "our"? Or who is this "we"? You keep using such terms as if you represent the collective amount of fan's opinions.
Well like I said in the other thread. If you would read the freaking thread you would know who "we" are. You seriously need to take a chill pill before you go out of control for no reason.

Livinitup17
5th November 2011, 3:30 AM
I was referring to when he mention if people want arceus and etc they can just go to the forum

Both of which had a choice and the majority chose their respective events to win. I question the intelligence of calling either countries "stupid" for that. It's so stupid to have freedom, after all. If you need to be informed, that's sarcasm.People are sometimes misinformed or lack to understand their choices which would explain why others would feel the way they do towards those countries.I'm not going to debate if the country was smart or dumb to vote for whatever they did it's a matter of opinion

i Don't care what both your views are i was trying to clarify the reason why he chosed to display the information he did like i said he didn't force anyone and didn't force any choices he just showing what he would consider good choices and why. It's up to the people to review and accept or deny his intentions.People have the freedom to do so,some people as shown by post before that they do appreciate bringing certain pokemon to there attention because some people aren't inform about every single pokemon up for voting
Whatever wins could be debated as being the "Stupid

Spend less time observing emotions in a person's text and more time actually trying to reply to the material in the post.
Again i don't care about your tone i'm just explaining why he would would feel to reply the way he did just pointing it out to you to see if you accept or ignore what i say it's up to you don't get mad at me just understand what i'm trying to say after you could do what you like it's you choice

If you need to reply once more please pm and avoid anymore discussion about this here thank you

Roronoa Zoro
5th November 2011, 3:34 AM
I kind of want something that people aren't campaigning for to win. I mean, I want something to win that is voted for by the people who aren't affected by these campaigns, such as little kids who don't go on pokemon forums.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
5th November 2011, 3:35 AM
Well like I said in the other thread. If you would read the freaking thread you would know who "we" are. You seriously need to take a chill pill before you go out of control for no reason.

This is our only chance of getting a DW legendary.

Edit: Question is, how do you know if this the only chance?

rocky505
5th November 2011, 3:41 AM
Edit: Question is, how do you know if this the only chance? If it's not then it is the only chance for a long time. People who are wanting *insert random event pokemon here* have had plenty of chances to get what they want and they an get one whenever they want thanks to the people in the trade forum.

Roronoa Zoro
5th November 2011, 3:41 AM
Edit: Question is, how do you know if this the only chance?

His dad works for Gamefreak.

rocky505
5th November 2011, 3:42 AM
His dad works for Gamefreak. I wish he did:p

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
5th November 2011, 3:45 AM
If it's not then it is the only chance for a long time.

Wish I worked for TPC, too.

People who are wanting *insert random event pokemon here* have had plenty of chances to get what they want and they an get one whenever they want thanks to the people in the trade forum.

Not everyone visits this forum or have the intention of doing that for numerous reasons. Enough of this one-sided vision that the entire Pokemon community is going to be looking for trade forums or should do that instead.

Gelatini Jejunator
5th November 2011, 4:24 AM
I'm sure with Dittos Hidden ability being the way it is Ditto will soon be banned from competitive battling anyway, much like Smeargle with Sketch, weather effects and so on.... unless of course your not talking about REAL competitive battling and you referring to GBU....
*Facepalm*

Those things aren't banned, nor will they ever be banned, and I suspect Imposter Ditto will remain the same too.

pokedigijedi
5th November 2011, 5:36 AM
I voted for mewtwo as it is one of my favorites.

BadWolf Churchill
5th November 2011, 6:44 AM
I voted for Ditto, mainly because it seems to have a lot of support and I might even use it (it's not exactly hard to train or anything...).

I would also be very happy with Lugia, Ho-Oh, Bulbasaur and Torchic for DW abilities and Shaymin, Celebi, Jirachi and Manaphy for more selfish reasons.

Excitable Boy
5th November 2011, 4:48 PM
Bulbasaur and Torchic already exist. It's called Japan.

Hexin' Wishes
5th November 2011, 5:20 PM
Not everyone enjoys trading...

NomadSPG
5th November 2011, 6:13 PM
I voted on Deoxys - i've Gamestp via trade, but i need to be 100% sure to have legit one.

Zak Attack XIII
5th November 2011, 6:51 PM

This is not a "duplicate thread" this thread is to Discus the Vote. hints the word Discussion on the end of the title. this thread is meant to Discus good and bad choices for the polls.... the other thread's Title is "Vote to Befriend a Pokemon: Which Pokemon did YOU choose?"

BUT I AGREE FULLY WITH WHAT YOUR SAYING OTERWISE FRIEND = )

JTrainer
5th November 2011, 7:02 PM

1. Not everyone has access to Japan-only events

2. The starters are male only, and thus their abilities are un-breedable.

3. No one in Japan would be crazy enough to trade their speed boost Torchic, and even if they were, there is at least a 95% chance that said Torchic would have a crappy nature and terrible IVs.

That's why I voted for Torchic (And cause I've been wanting a Blaziken with Speed Boost ever since I found out it existed).

key33
5th November 2011, 7:03 PM
deoxys is the better vote if we vote for any other pokemon well all have the same thing but with deoxys different forms itll be like having somthing different for all and besides ditto is worthless and lugias good for training but deoxys is is the best ;197;

key33
5th November 2011, 7:05 PM
This is not a "duplicate thread" this thread is to Discus the Vote. hints the word Discussion on the end of the title. this thread is meant to Discus good and bad choices for the polls.... the other thread's Title is "Vote to Befriend a Pokemon: Which Pokemon did YOU choose?"

BUT I AGREE FULLY WITH WHAT YOUR SAYING OTERWISE FRIEND = )

lugias wortless be smart vote deoxys ;197;

Livinitup17
5th November 2011, 7:27 PM
lugias wortless be smart vote deoxys ;197;

Care to explain why this is a discussion not name random pokemon and say it's better
Atleast say deoxys is better because of blah blah blah
i'm curious as to why you say deoxys
I mean there tons of deoxys events is it because you can have your OT on it ??

TVGuru
5th November 2011, 7:30 PM
Doesn't really matter anyway people. Tuesday we shall know the voting curve; either legendaries or regular pokemon, released in other languages or not, with dw abilities or not. What we want is not gonna matter compared to the entirety of the free-roaming people out there, if not in a forum that would educate them. I doubt informed users in Japan and Korea wanted non-dw ability legendaries either.

Once we learn the contenders, we can see which is the most desirable. Maybe even then it won't happen, but what can ya do?

Zak Attack XIII
5th November 2011, 7:35 PM
deoxys is the better vote if we vote for any other pokemon well all have the same thing but with deoxys different forms itll be like having somthing different for all and besides ditto is worthless and lugias good for training but deoxys is is the best ;197;

Aww There is soo many Deoxys Events out there you can just get on of those!! Besides He don't even have a Hidden ability, why waste a vote for a DW poke poll if it don't have a DW ability, Thats not very smart at all!

ShinyHunter6756
5th November 2011, 7:42 PM
My little sis logged onto my PGL account and voted Mew -_____-

I really wanted Ditto, and the only reason is that it can counter SO many strategies against other people.

deoxysdude94
5th November 2011, 7:42 PM
If ditto wins, I'm gonna wanna shoot myself.

I voted for blaziken. I LOVE speed boost, especially on that.

Auraninja
5th November 2011, 7:54 PM
Can't we all just get along? It's a poll for god's sake. It's not like we're determining who will be in charge of a country.

No one put a gun to your head and said you had to vote for Ditto. Likewise, no one put a gun to your head and said you couldn't vote for Ditto.

Although, I would say a couple of things. First, until we know exactly what is being released November 16th, I would not vote if I haven't already unless it was for a legendary or a starter. The reason for those exceptions is because they won't be released in the new area anyway.

Second, we are going to get preliminary results Tuesday, so we'll just see who is ahead for right now.

~Kurou
5th November 2011, 8:00 PM
I voted for lugia yay!!!

Zak Attack XIII
5th November 2011, 8:09 PM
Can't we all just get along? It's a poll for god's sake. It's not like we're determining who will be in charge of a country.

No one put a gun to your head and said you had to vote for Ditto. Likewise, no one put a gun to your head and said you couldn't vote for Ditto.

Although, I would say a couple of things. First, until we know exactly what is being released November 16th, I would not vote if I haven't already unless it was for a legendary or a starter. The reason for those exceptions is because they won't be released in the new area anyway.

Second, we are going to get preliminary results Tuesday, so we'll just see who is ahead for right now.

Nobody's not getting along here! haven't you heard of a friendly debate? If people start threatening each other then people are not getting along!!
I'm sure People are still trading/ friendly battling other that don't share there voting opinion, I know me and my friends are, and thats a pritty large group on this forums...

Livinitup17
5th November 2011, 8:12 PM
Nobody's not getting along here! haven't you heard of a friendly debate? If people start threatening each other then people are not getting along!!
I'm sure People are still trading/ friendly battling other that don't share there voting opinion, I know me and my friends are, and thats a pritty large group on this forums...

Exactly everyone loves a good friendly debate there others who step over the line by insulting others like the user above with the ditto campaign
As long as noone is harassing each other were all entitle to our opinion and debate over the subject like civilize people =]

Zak Attack XIII
5th November 2011, 8:35 PM
Exactly everyone loves a good friendly debate there others who step over the line by insulting others like the user above with the ditto campaign
As long as noone is harassing each other were all entitle to our opinion and debate over the subject like civilize people =]

LOL!!. did you say you agree with me and then say "others who step over the line by insulting others like the user above with the ditto campaign" referring to My sig? = ) that's Ok friend, I know my sig is a little borderline insulting to people who voted for ditto.. I was simply saying "Be Smart" its your only chance... Plus the hole BE SMART thing is a reference to Lugia being Psychic type = )

Auraninja
5th November 2011, 8:37 PM
You know, I wasn't just talking about this topic, but other topics were people were slamming each other because because of their vote. I have seen maybe not the harshest of arguments, but still practically insulting messages to people on their vote. I wouldn't quite say this is a debating utopia just yet.

I wouldn't say the signature is the worst "offense".

I don't think people should be made fun of first and foremost, and it should be noted that there will be one winner and it will be all be over. Plus, people are entitled to their own meager opinion. We are not choosing a president or prime minister on this.

Livinitup17
5th November 2011, 8:48 PM
You know, I wasn't just talking about this topic, but other topics were people were slamming each other because because of their vote. I have seen maybe not the harshest of arguments, but still practically insulting messages to people on their vote. I wouldn't quite say this is a debating utopia just yet.

I don't think people should be made fun of first and foremost, and it should be noted that there will be one winner and it will be all be over. Plus, people are entitled to their own meager opinion. We are not choosing a president or prime minister on this.

No i didn't mean zap attack lol
I didn't mean the sig i meant the guy calling people stupid because they didn't vote ditto
The guy with a ditto picture as a avatar

Zak Attack XIII
5th November 2011, 8:54 PM

we may not be voting for president but its still Fun to campaign for the poke we would like to see win. Its like in elementary school they do the same think every year for "class president" If its ok for elementary school kids then there shouldn't be a problem with it here...
Also just to confirm my sig don't say anything about if you DO vote for Ditto your NOT smart its simply saying think before you act. people are only assuming its Implying something its not, it's written out plan and simple, Plus you know what they say about people Assuming....

Now we should probably stop posting about things unrelated to are Votes and are opinions about who people should vote on and why.... = )

Auraninja
5th November 2011, 9:15 PM
If its ok for elementary school kids then there shouldn't be a problem with it here...
Being Serebiiforums and all...

Also just to confirm my sig don't say anything about if you DO vote for Ditto your NOT smart its simply saying think before you act. people are only assuming its Implying something its not, it's written out plan and simple, Plus you know what they say about people Assuming....
I was responding to Livinitup17 who clarified that he was talking about someone else. The reason I put offense in quotation marks is because I didn't find it really offensive. I've seen worse anyhow.

Now we should probably stop posting about things unrelated to are Votes and are opinions about who people should vote on and why.... = ) Well, like I said, unless a legendary or a starter is being voted on, I would not vote just yet due to the new area. It's merely a suggestion, but it is a recommended one.

Zak Attack XIII
5th November 2011, 9:29 PM
Well, like I said, unless a legendary or a starter is being voted on, I would not vote just yet due to the new area. It's merely a suggestion, but it is a recommended one.

I thinks thats a smart move friend since you only get 1 vote and all... wouldn't every one hate to use there vote only to see the poke they voted on come out in the new area?

I think every ones best bet would still be a legendary(Lugia in my case)
because any non-legendary could come out in a new area one day, really.

Kurry
5th November 2011, 9:31 PM
Just voted for Arceus.

I won't be bothered if Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, or Shaymin wins though.

I've literally missed all of those events. And I don't really want to trade for them :/

Hexin' Wishes
5th November 2011, 9:53 PM

Question, what would you think if someone said "Be smart, don't play pokemon". You may not have meant to say doing the opposite is stupid, but the implication (by word choice) is still there regardless.

Rayce
5th November 2011, 10:30 PM
I voted for zapdos. We'll see what the result comes back as tuesday.

Vandslaux
5th November 2011, 10:38 PM
Voting for Ditto, when I get around to it. Risking it not being released is too great a risk for such a useful, what will likely be a very rare DW.

And really, GF? Making us wait 3 months to take it to our game?

firemaster13
5th November 2011, 11:16 PM
i voted scizor

Vandslaux
6th November 2011, 12:13 AM
What's better, there's a note on Pokecheck about voting for Lugia, Ho-Oh, Ditto, etc.

FILIP22
6th November 2011, 12:21 AM
Zapdos = Ditto? derp

chuckeroo777
6th November 2011, 1:37 AM
i voted scizor

Not a good idea really. Scizors main ferocity comes from technition. It dream world abily is light metal. X(

DuquĘ?
6th November 2011, 1:55 AM
Voting for Ditto, when I get around to it. Risking it not being released is too great a risk for such a useful, what will likely be a very rare DW.

And really, GF? Making us wait 3 months to take it to our game?

Just to know, If we (hopefully) get Imposter Ditto, is it possible to have all the DW ability pokemon by breeding with it?

Saddly, I didn't remember about ditto and voted to Skill Link Aipom... T_T

Shine
6th November 2011, 2:02 AM
i voted scizor

Scyther is available in Pleasant Forest, and Scizor's DW ability is super useless.....

Just to know, If we (hopefully) get Imposter Ditto, is it possible to have all the DW ability pokemon by breeding with it?

As far as I know, no. The female is the one that pass DW ability, and since Ditto is genderless....yeah.

Zak Attack XIII
6th November 2011, 2:24 AM

No you can only get Hidden abilitys from a DW female.. I talked with some people on pokecheck.com who hacked a DW ditto and tried breeding, after many, many, tries it didn't work....

Dragalge
6th November 2011, 2:49 AM
I voted for lugia because multiscale is freakin awesome
Wouldn't mind the other following if he doesn't win:
Ho-oh
Mew
Mewtwo
Zapdos
Dialga
Palkia
Shaymin
Arceus
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
and DITTO!

Creeper
6th November 2011, 2:53 AM
I voted for Ditto, cuz I wanted an OU beast so yea. I don't mind if an event I don't have is the winner, at least if it has a DW ability.

Hatsune Miku
6th November 2011, 8:07 AM
i voted latios cause i wasnt thinking. i just thought of my fav pokemon

DuquĘ?
6th November 2011, 4:50 PM
No you can only get Hidden abilitys from a DW female.. I talked with some people on pokecheck.com who hacked a DW ditto and tried breeding, after many, many, tries it didn't work....

That is so... disappointing. It's almost pointless have a bunch of DW females just for the sake of the DW ability. '_'

Zak Attack XIII
6th November 2011, 7:35 PM
That is so... disappointing. It's almost pointless have a bunch of DW females just for the sake of the DW ability. '_'

Thats why the DW females are rare, in a way...

The real question is will the Poll Event Be a Male (Like every other DW Event, so far) or a Female? In which case you could breed it. Also remember that both Korea and japan Pick a Genderless Pokemon for there Winner.

Sceptrigon
6th November 2011, 7:43 PM
The real question is will the Poll Event Be a Male (Like every other DW Event, so far) or a Female? In which case you could breed it. Also remember that both Korea and japan Pick a Genderless Pokemon for there Winner.

Not sure, but it's better not to take a chance at it. I think it's still going to be male. But a lot of us are choosing between legends and the non-gender pokemon (Ditto), so it wouldn't matter.

Vali
6th November 2011, 7:46 PM
Vote dittoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

Zak Attack XIII
6th November 2011, 7:54 PM
Not sure, but it's better not to take a chance at it. I think it's still going to be male. But a lot of us are choosing between legends and the non-gender pokemon (Ditto), so it wouldn't matter.

I know your right. I myself voted for a Legendary (Lugia). Voting for a legend would be the smart thing to do. Also It would probably still be a male, just like almost every other DW event. Its still fun to wonder though. = )

Hatsune Miku
6th November 2011, 9:44 PM
wouldn't it be funny because we are all arguing about ditto and Lugia and that Bidoof won?

2rsa
6th November 2011, 9:54 PM
wouldn't it be funny because we are all arguing about ditto and Lugia and that Bidoof won?
it would but it can never happen.thankfully.:D

Skydra
6th November 2011, 10:05 PM
Deoxys. While dream world abilities are fine and dandy, I'd prefer the only Pokemon I don't have. I mean really, Deoxys is probably the least obtainable Pokemon in the franchise.

But I think the problem with getting legends is that we can't use them in the Battle Subway or wifi matches, sans uber wifi, and direct Wifi battling (such as getting the friend code and going to the Wifi club, as opposed to random matchup or wifi tourneys) isn't much used. Whats the use of a Regenerator Lugia then? There's nothing I'd be doing with it, at least. In that vein, if I can't get a Deoxys, I'd prefer something like a DW Torchic.

Zak Attack XIII
7th November 2011, 2:22 AM
Deoxys. While dream world abilities are fine and dandy, I'd prefer the only Pokemon I don't have. I mean really, Deoxys is probably the least obtainable Pokemon in the franchise.

But I think the problem with getting legends is that we can't use them in the Battle Subway or wifi matches, sans uber wifi, and direct Wifi battling (such as getting the friend code and going to the Wifi club, as opposed to random matchup or wifi tourneys) isn't much used. Whats the use of a Regenerator Lugia then? There's nothing I'd be doing with it, at least. In that vein, if I can't get a Deoxys, I'd prefer something like a DW Torchic.

There is actually sevral Events for Deoxys.. I don't think he's the least obtainable Pokemon in the franchise, at all.. I personal have 4 different events for Deoxys. That's a lot of different events for Deoxys, if you ask me, and Im sure thats not all of them. Also You can't use Deoxys in the Battle Subway, Wifi matches ext, ext, ether.
I think this is are only chance to get DW legends. I'm sure all the Non-legends will show up somday...

Arande
7th November 2011, 2:52 AM
meanwhile, the rest of the internet is trololol voting for ratata...

Voted ditto. have always disliked legendaries for the most part, as well as wanted something I can use. Would have voted shroomish/breloom, but if it's male only, then it can't get bullet seed D:

This thread is bleh. Too many people throwing skewed comments like "it may be the only time" and other things like they magically know what will/not happen.

A.J.
7th November 2011, 2:54 AM
I would say that the least obtainable event pokemon would probably be Arceus. Only one week in the US, and it was an in-life distribution. Celebi comes in a close second.

If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say that Arceus would end up being our winner - because, in reality, our fandom only makes up a very small percentile of the population of Pokemon Black/White players. All the kids and young teenagers (the "general public", if you will) will probably go for Arceus or Mewtwo, the "god"s of Pokemon.

Cratess
7th November 2011, 2:57 AM
If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say that Arceus would end up being our winner - because, in reality, our fandom only makes up a very small percentile of the population of Pokemon Black/White players. All the kids and young teenagers (the "general public", if you will) will probably go for Arceus or Mewtwo, the "god"s of Pokemon.
But Ditto still has a chance of winning seeing that a lot of people on different websites would be voting for Ditto.

Spidey
7th November 2011, 4:39 AM
Oh man, I just remembered what Ditto's DW Ability is!

Why didn't I vote for him?!

Shiny_Wooper
7th November 2011, 4:52 AM
i chose latios oh great i just remembered pokemon have dream world special abilitys!

Sir DJ
7th November 2011, 5:19 AM
I chose Ditto....because DW Ditto is honestly BEAST!!!!

Dragontamer1011
7th November 2011, 5:26 AM
Hmm I didn't really think before I voted but whats been stated above makes alot more sense... I voted for Arceus.

Just read Dittos ability... HOLY CRAP!

Zak Attack XIII
7th November 2011, 6:49 AM
If ditto does win how would his Hidden ability work In a double Battle, seeing how the "Worlds" is played as Doubles this up coming year? would it just pick 1 of the 2 pokes randomly? If so that's not that good of an ability anyway. It's not good at all for players like me who only play doubles...

TVGuru
7th November 2011, 6:56 AM
If ditto does win how would his Hidden ability work In a double Battle, seeing how the "Worlds" is played as Doubles this up coming year? would it just pick 1 of the 2 pokes randomly? If so that's not that good of an ability anyway. It's not good at all for players like me who only play doubles...

It is random.

Zak Attack XIII
7th November 2011, 6:59 AM
It is random.

That's what I thought. = (
Thanks friend...

Skydra
7th November 2011, 7:00 AM
There is actually sevral Events for Deoxys.. I don't think he's the least obtainable Pokemon in the franchise, at all.. I personal have 4 different events for Deoxys. That's a lot of different events for Deoxys, if you ask me, and Im sure thats not all of them. Also You can't use Deoxys in the Battle Subway, Wifi matches ext, ext, ether.
I think this is are only chance to get DW legends. I'm sure all the Non-legends will show up somday...
I know you can't use Deoxys in standard matches, but it's the one event legend I don't have sans the unreleased BW legends. As I said, for those matches I'd prefer something like a DW Torchic.

I would say that the least obtainable event pokemon would probably be Arceus. Only one week in the US, and it was an in-life distribution. Celebi comes in a close second.

You're right about Arceus, pardon my inconsideration to it when I mentioned Deoxys, but Celebi has about as many events as Deoxys does, except the duplicate ones for different forms.

Zak Attack XIII
7th November 2011, 7:24 AM
I know you can't use Deoxys in standard matches, but it's the one event legend I don't have sans the unreleased BW legends. As I said, for those matches I'd prefer something like a DW Torchic.

Yeah, DW Torchic is really good... I have the Japanese one.. I Hope/bet they will give them out in the U.S. someday. = )

menonabhi123
7th November 2011, 12:30 PM
Even though lugia does have an awesome DW ability, it falls under ubers, so its virtually of no use since most of the metagame is played on OU/UU/NU. So the other obvious choice would be to go for imposter ditto.....Any thoughts on this?

Kalosian
7th November 2011, 1:08 PM
Even though lugia does have an awesome DW ability, it falls under ubers, so its virtually of no use since most of the metagame is played on OU/UU/NU. So the other obvious choice would be to go for imposter ditto.....Any thoughts on this?
What about the people that actually play Ubers then? Shouldn't they also get a chance of getting a greatly improved Pokemon?
And I don't see how Ditto is the most obvious non-Uber choice. There are a lot of other non-Ubers with great unreleased abilities, Ditto is definitely not the only one.

menonabhi123
7th November 2011, 1:28 PM
What about the people that actually play Ubers then? Shouldn't they also get a chance of getting a greatly improved Pokemon?
And I don't see how Ditto is the most obvious non-Uber choice. There are a lot of other non-Ubers with great unreleased abilities, Ditto is definitely not the only one.

Well I said ditto because it is the reigning choice other than lugia....Do you know of any other 'mons with good DW abilities? *is too lazy to check the list :P*

rocky505
7th November 2011, 2:10 PM
The only other good OU with a DW ability I can think of is Technician Breloom.

Vanillachu
7th November 2011, 2:29 PM
I logged into the forums for the first time in months to urge everyone to do this. Lets be frank. Ditto will be a very fun, interesting, and non-broken game changer. Don't count on them releasing ditto in the future. It's too big a risk.

*sighs* Why are we voting ditto? WHY?

Don't people want breloom and gliscor and lugia?

Vanillachu
7th November 2011, 2:30 PM
The only other good OU with a DW ability I can think of is Technician Breloom.

Don't forget poison heal gliscor

Edit: sorry for double post

Shine
7th November 2011, 2:40 PM
I doubt anyone wants to vote for Gliscor, considering Gligar is in Windswept Sky already

Roronoa Zoro
7th November 2011, 2:44 PM
^ lol

Anyways, I don't even know how much use ditto will get on my team if it wins. Not too many Pokemon have attacks that are super-effective against themselves. If they did, Ditto would be awesome, but I haven't seen many Pokemon carry attacks that can destroy themselves.

menonabhi123
7th November 2011, 3:02 PM
^ lol

Anyways, I don't even know how much use ditto will get on my team if it wins. Not too many Pokemon have attacks that are super-effective against themselves. If they did, Ditto would be awesome, but I haven't seen many Pokemon carry attacks that can destroy themselves.

It would be awesome against dragon types like hydreigon and haxy

Roronoa Zoro
7th November 2011, 3:11 PM
It would be awesome against dragon types like hydreigon and haxy

That's true, I like to use my Dragonite for other dragons though, so I don't know if it will see much use on my team. Possibly though!

Myrrh
7th November 2011, 7:21 PM
Aren't they supposed to tell us the current voting numbers on Tuseday or something? I haven't voted yet, so I guess I'll wait to see the current standings.

But if there is already a clear winner I might just forget about it.

Livinitup17
7th November 2011, 8:03 PM
i wonder which pokemon has the most votes
I think it goes like this
Ditto
Lugia
Arceus
Deoxys
Celebi
But i guess we'll find out tmrw who's in the lead

DragonXmicro
8th November 2011, 2:50 AM
^ lol

many scarf gyarados carry thunder/t-bolt

rocky505
8th November 2011, 2:55 AM
many scarf gyarados carry thunder/t-bolt Since when?! Scarf Gyarados never have T bolt or Thunder they have Waterfall,EQ,Stone Edge and Ice Fang

SmartD
8th November 2011, 4:08 AM
I voted for Lucario, just for the heck of it. I feel indifferent about it anyway.

Livinitup17
8th November 2011, 4:15 AM
I voted for Lucario, just for the heck of it. I feel indifferent about it anyway.

You shouldn't it what you wanted and you weren't caught in the middle of the ongoing war
*Take Cover*

FILIP22
8th November 2011, 4:59 AM
Seeing as how you're all competetive battlers and chose ditto, I see that only a mere 10000 people registered for the Autumn Friendly tourney. lol

Knowing there's millions of people who own the games, I'm not at all concerned for the progress tomorrow.

If Celebi is in there, it's gonna win :D

2rsa
8th November 2011, 7:17 AM
Seeing as how you're all competetive battlers and chose ditto, I see that only a mere 10000 people registered for the Autumn Friendly tourney. lol

Knowing there's millions of people who own the games, I'm not at all concerned for the progress tomorrow.

If Celebi is in there, it's gonna win :D
The fun fact is that competitive battlers also play ubers so i don't get it when they say since they love to battle they won't choose an uber.
I for myself love ubers,i play ubers most of the time and watch uber battles on pokemoshpit.
I can't wait to see witch pokemon has the most votes.

Zak Attack XIII
8th November 2011, 8:35 AM
I can't wait to see witch pokemon has the most votes.

Your telling me! the anticipation is killing me. XO
Its all ready Tuesday were I live, can't they hurry up a Post it already! LOL. = )
The way things are lookin Lugia probably has a good chance. Hes got to be at least one of the top two! X )

Shine
8th November 2011, 8:43 AM
It's Tuesday 2 PM in here :p

I wonder how the ranking will be displayed.
I mean, will they show the amount of votes for every single Pokemon, or just the top 20/10/5/3?

TVGuru
8th November 2011, 9:00 AM
I swear I'm going to have nightmares about it when I go to sleep.

I wake up and go to check the rankings and in first place I see....Bidoof.

Echos of "trololololol" will make my ears bleed. XD

Zak Attack XIII
8th November 2011, 9:01 AM
It's Tuesday 2 PM in here :p

I wonder how the ranking will be displayed.
I mean, will they show the amount of votes for every single Pokemon, or just the top 20/10/5/3?

They will probably do tops 5 or 10. Ether way I hope they do more then just the #1 spot...

CaptainCombusken
8th November 2011, 9:23 AM
I voted for Arceus when I meant to vote for Lugia... :(

Is there a way to change my vote/ vote again?

TVGuru
8th November 2011, 9:29 AM

Some said you can vote again if you clear your history cache or cookies.

How did you accidently vote for it?

2rsa
8th November 2011, 9:33 AM
Some said you can vote again if you clear your history cache or cookies.

How did you accidently vote for it?
I think proby meant the poll on this topic.
and every account can vote once on this poll so deleting cache and cookies won't help.

TVGuru
8th November 2011, 9:37 AM
and every account can vote once on this poll so deleting cache and cookies won't help.

Oh, then you can't. Not important anyway.

Zak Attack XIII
8th November 2011, 9:38 AM

Oh, then you can't. Not important anyway.

The cookie you get counts as your vote. If you delete it, it deletes your vote... you can vote again sense you don't have the tracer cookie anymore but if you delete your history again it deletes your vote again... So basically you can only change your vote, not vote again.

CaptainCombusken
8th November 2011, 9:42 AM
No, I meant the actual poll. I guess Arceus came into my mind and I absentmindedly typed it into the search and voted. Thanks for the tips!

Zak Attack XIII
8th November 2011, 9:44 AM
No, I meant the actual poll. I guess Arceus came into my mind and I absentmindedly typed it into the search and voted. Thanks for the tips!

aaww the thread poll! = ) LOL! we thought you meant the popularity poll event... ; )
No there's no way to vote again on that...
Sorry friend.
That would put Lugia and Ditto at a even score however. =)

Shine
8th November 2011, 9:47 AM
The cookie you get counts as your vote. If you delete it, it deletes your vote... you can vote again sense you don't have the tracer cookie anymore but if you delete your history again it deletes your vote again... So basically you can only change your vote, not vote again.

cookies are stored locally, so as far as I know, if you delete it, it won't delete the vote that you have sent to the poll's server.

The only thing the cookie from the poll do is acting as some sort of mark to tell the server that you have voted.

masaru3
8th November 2011, 1:56 PM
I voted for torchic xD Hoping that, if it wins, that we'll get a female :D

Radius
8th November 2011, 5:16 PM
I voted for Jirachi! I missed out on the events last year and well Jirachi is my favorite Pokemon so I want another chance to get him. I'm thinking DW Ditto will come out soon enough anyways. I don't care for Lugia too much personally. Great Pokemon but kind of overpowered for me to use in anything other than competitive Uber play.

TVGuru
8th November 2011, 5:45 PM
Meh are they up yet??????

Vali
8th November 2011, 5:47 PM
VOTE FOR DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is not spam

Will-powered Spriter
8th November 2011, 5:55 PM
VOTE FOR DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is not spam

It is really. You've got the words in your user title, and the statements been made countless times before. People are finding it annoying and there's actually an anti-ditto movement because of things like this, which is not what we want.

I approve of posts saying why you should vote ditto, and I very much endorse the actual voting for of ditto, but you probably shouldn't just post vote ditto randomly.

Also, another thing to fellow ditto campaigners; most of our effort seems to bedirected at countering the vote for ho-oh/lugia people. THEY ARE NOT OUR ENEMY. They are voting for good pokemon on reasonable bounds and we should applaud them for it.

The enemy is people voting for released, evolved, ability-less and otherwise useless pokemon because they're cool. We need to spend our efforts making sure people are voting for useful things, even if they are not ditto.

If Ditto wins, we win, and the ho-oh/lugia supporters get a decent prize.
If ho-oh lugia wins, they win, but we still get a usuable pokemon.

If pikachu wins, we all lose.

CaptainCombusken
8th November 2011, 6:52 PM
*Facepalm* WPS, I only just now get your signature image.

So I revoted for Lugia. One less Arceus vote now.

bdbboy9
8th November 2011, 7:50 PM
Results are in
1 arceus (japan people)
2 ditto (troll)
3 mew no argument hear except no ability
4deoxys pokemon ranger
5 darkrai can give u 1 use an ar or wifi
6 celebi i can give you 1
7 rayquaza get emerald or ruby or sapphire
8 shaymin wifi
9 picachu (censored it)
10 jirachi gamestop and wifi
11 lugia (vote for it)

Sevans
8th November 2011, 7:54 PM
Results are in
1 arceus (japan people)
2 ditto (troll)
3 mew no argument hear except no ability
4deoxys pokemon ranger
5 darkrai can give u 1 use an ar or wifi
6 celebi i can give you 1
7 rayquaza get emerald or ruby or sapphire
8 shaymin wifi
9 picachu (censored it)
10 jirachi gamestop and wifi
11 lugia (vote for it)

So Arceus in number 1, eh. Not surprising.
Ditto comes in at number 2. Vote for ditto! Prove to the rest of the world that America is a bunch of breeders (and all that follows). But really, vote ditto.

Lugia isn't even top 10. Do you really still think he stands a chance?

bdbboy9
8th November 2011, 7:58 PM
i think lugia stands a chance. we have 22 more days to vote. I have yet to cast mine along with thousands of other. Plus you cant breed ditto for more dw abilities. We cant let arceus win though.

Eternalserenity
8th November 2011, 8:05 PM
i think lugia stands a chance. we have 22 more days to vote. I have yet to cast mine along with thousands of other. Plus you cant breed ditto for more dw abilities. We cant let arceus win though.

I couldn't agree more. Letting Arceus win yet another poll would be like repeating a past mistake, on purpose I might add. It has no DW ability and cannot be used in random Wi-Fi battles. Admittedly, Lugia also cannot be used in random, but at least it has a valuable ability. Ditto is just easy enough to raise: max out the HP EVs and you're good to go.

Atari
8th November 2011, 8:06 PM
Before I saw the voting page I was under the impression we could only vote for legendaries and Ditto! Thankfully the voting isn't restricted to those, so I voted for Mawile.

Sevans
8th November 2011, 8:10 PM

Umm, if thousands haven't voted for lugia yet, couldn't it be said that about the same amount of thousands haven't voted for ditto yet (I fit in here)?

You can't breed Lugia for more DW abilities either. So what? All you need to reset for for Ditto is a perfect HP IV. And then your ditto is perfect. Plus this would actually make ditto useable, and DITTO IS OU. You can use him (her?) in the Battle Subway and on WiFi too.

Don't waste your vote on Lugia. We have to unite our votes to beat Arceus, and Ditto is already number 2.

bdbboy9
8th November 2011, 8:15 PM
I am going to save my 3 votes laptop desktop and old laptop plus any other computer I get on until last week I don't want a ditto though. Mine never leaves the daycare

The Arceus Delusion
8th November 2011, 8:18 PM
Well, at least I'm glad a Pokemon that I don't have is in 1st place; although, I think I would rather have Deoxys in that spot. Oh well, I guess I can start supporting Arceus.
Quite surprised to see Ditto in 2nd though, I always just assumed it was an obscure, yet very vocal minority that wanted him to win. Hopefully his ranking will go down later on during the month.

2rsa
8th November 2011, 8:23 PM
I'm so sad about Lugia but i'm kinda happy about Arceus tho.
ditto is for me not worthy as an event but mew isn't bad either.
having a mew with your own Ot is a rare thing.

Blazios
8th November 2011, 8:32 PM
People, Ditto is the only Pokémon in the top 8 ranking so far with a Dream World ability. If you want something at all new, something Japan may not get for a long time, then please, please vote Ditto.

Myrrh
8th November 2011, 8:57 PM
Screw it, since ditto is close and arceus is no.1 for now, I'm gonna bandwagon and vote ditto. I don't want arceus to win again, especially since I have the Japanese one.

Auraninja
8th November 2011, 9:00 PM
For everyone's viewing pleasure (in case the site isn't good enough for you)...

1. Arceus
2. Ditto
3. Mew
4. Deoxys
5. Darkrai
6. Celebi
7. Rayquaza
8. Shaymin
9. Pikachu
10. Jirachi
11. Lugia
12. Charizard
13. Mewtwo
14. Blaziken
15. Eevee
16. Charmander
17. Ho-oh
18. Giratina
19. Torchic
20. Lucario
21. Zapdos
22. Regigigas
23. Mudkip
24. Dialga
25. Manaphy
26. Infernape
27. Dragonite
28. Latios
29. Bulbasaur
30. Groudon
31. Suicune
32. Salamance
33. Kyogre
34. Latias
35. Squirtle
36. Rattata
37. Typhlosion
38. Raikou
39. Entei
40. Cyndaquil
41. Garchomp
42. Articuno
43. Umbreon
44. Arcanine
45. Totodile
46. Magikarp
47. Feraligatr
48. Rilou
49. Palkia
50. Blastoise
51. Espeon
52. Milotic
53. Raichu
54. Pichu
55. Tyranitar
56. Breloom
57. Cresselia
58. Absol
59. Gardevoir
60. Empoleon
61. Sceptile
62. Chimchar
63. Flygon
64. Gallade
65. Piplup
66. Charmeleon
67. Regice
68. Torterra
69. Scizor
70. Metagross
71. Gengar
72. Treecko
73. Luxray
74. Electivire
75. Heatran
76. Quilava
77. Ninetales
78. Spiritomb
79. Chikorita
80. Politoed
81. Swampert
82. Shroomish
83. Glaceon
84. Heracross
85. Aggron
86. Vulpix
87. Azelf
88. Bagon
89. Gible
90. Dratini
91. Snorlax
92. Venusaur
93. Alakazam
94. Gliscor
95. Turtwig
96. Froslass
97. Zangoose
98. Registeel
99. Staraptor
100. Vaporeon
101. Magmortar

One word of advice, with the notable exception of Eevee, it is advisable to vote for the fully evolved Pokemon that you like. I heard people voting for Torchic, but Blaziken is ahead even more.

Blazios
8th November 2011, 9:02 PM
Personally, I'm curious to see the difference in votes between Ditto, Arceus and Mew. Haven't really heard much Mew hype, so I'm hoping it's a lot lower than Ditto, which is close to Arceus.

Kalosian
8th November 2011, 9:03 PM
Just checked the rankings, and I find it disappointing that neither Lugia or Ho-oh is in the top 10. Well, I guess I can accept the results as long as Ditto doesn't win.

Myrrh
8th November 2011, 9:08 PM
Why should we vote for the final evolutionary form?

Misunderstood cake
8th November 2011, 9:09 PM
Ditto.. Why do people not want Ditto to be the winner? It's not like it's be the first Pokemon to be a event non legendary. We've had plenty!
Plus, with Ditto's new DW ability you just need to get good HP iVs and you're ready!
And ditto can be used in random wifi and subway!

2rsa
8th November 2011, 9:11 PM
Just checked the rankings, and I find it disappointing that neither Lugia or Ho-oh is in the top 10. Well, I guess I can accept the results as long as Ditto doesn't win.
I'm with you.:p

Sevans
8th November 2011, 9:14 PM
I am going to save my 3 votes laptop desktop and old laptop plus any other computer I get on until last week I don't want a ditto though. Mine never leaves the daycare

That's the whole point of the DW ditto. With imposter, it transforms into the opponent when you send it in, copying everything but HP and held item.
This would make ditto useable, and he would finally get out of his permanent competitive spot; the daycare.

Blazios
8th November 2011, 9:14 PM
Ditto.. Why do people not want Ditto to be the winner? It's not like it's be the first Pokemon to be a event non legendary. We've had plenty!
Plus, with Ditto's new DW ability you just need to get good HP iVs and you're ready!
And ditto can be used in random wifi and subway!

It's more or less because people don't want to use the Trade Forum.

That, or people objecting for objecting's sake.

Misunderstood cake
8th November 2011, 9:26 PM
It's more or less because people don't want to use the Trade Forum.

That, or people objecting for objecting's sake.

That's being lazy! The pokemons they want have already been released so much it's easy to get! And for Lugia, I bet it'll win the poll in Japan right now! So there they can have their Lugia!

Plus, Ditto is going to be more than just for breeding with imposter!

TVGuru
8th November 2011, 9:35 PM
That's being lazy! The pokemons they want have already been released so much it's easy to get! And for Lugia, I bet it'll win the poll in Japan right now! So there they can have their Lugia!

Plus, Ditto is going to be more than just for breeding with imposter!
They also want their favorite legendary to have their own OT.

You just described the majority of the internet.

The Arceus Delusion
8th November 2011, 9:39 PM
It's not being lazy! People have legitimate reasons for not wanting to use the trade forums. Again, stop trying to trying to make it seem like this DW Ditto is a once in a life time event, and enough with guilting people into voting for Ditto by making everything else seem like a "wasted vote" or what have you. I have my reasons for voting Arceus, and it is by no means wasted.

Sevans
8th November 2011, 9:40 PM
Yeah, Lugia will probably win in Japan. It also would seem likely that we will get a poll for cover-pokemon too, in which case we could vote for Lugia then.

Blazios
8th November 2011, 9:46 PM
It's not being lazy! People have legitimate reasons for not wanting to use the trade forums.

Such as? They have to use the internet to get anything from the Dream World to begin with.

Aquadon
8th November 2011, 9:52 PM
While I can understand certain WiFi/TRU Events (I was never able to get Arceus or Shaymin for my 4th Gen games), Ditto just seems like an Awesome choice. I voted for it; I'm bummed to see Arceus is winning though.

TVGuru
8th November 2011, 9:56 PM
It's not being lazy! People have legitimate reasons for not wanting to use the trade forums. Again, stop trying to trying to make it seem like this DW Ditto is a once in a life time event, and enough with guilting people into voting for Ditto by making everything else seem like a "wasted vote" or what have you. I have my reasons for voting Arceus, and it is by no means wasted.

Would you like to state them? Otherwise your stance is invalid.

It is a waste. Why? Because Japan already did it and it can't be used in WiFi or subway, and no dw ability.

I really wanted a legendary with a dw ability but if its between arceus and ditto, I'm choosing ditto.

The Arceus Delusion
8th November 2011, 9:58 PM
Such as? I can't speak for everoyne, so I'm just going to give my reasons.
Personally, I'm against trading in general, due to my own rules about collecting. I nearly have a completed national dex [living pokedex], all of which I've gotten on my own without the use of trade forums, GTS or anything like that. I'm not going to change that rule now for something that I can potentially get with this poll. I want something that I got on my own terms, not having to just easily ask for anything I want in a trade forum. In fact, I would go as far as to call that cheating, simply because Arceus (or any event pokemon for that matter) is hard to come by, and really it wouldn't even feel that rewarding to have someone else's Pokemon. I think that's reason alone to justify my vote for Arceus.

They have to use the internet to get anything from the Dream World to begin with.

Not really sure why you brought this up. It really has nothing to do with your argument. Oh well.

NomadSPG
8th November 2011, 10:01 PM
I'm supporting Arceus this time, i don't wanna Ditto.

Blazios
8th November 2011, 10:01 PM
Not really sure why you brought this up. It really has nothing to do with your argument. Oh well.

It was just in case you reasoned that not all people have internet access so can't go on any trade forums.

Radius
8th November 2011, 10:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with someone voting for the Pokemon they like. A vote for Arceus is just as valid as a vote for Ditto. Ditto may have a new DW ability but it doesn't change the fact that some of us would rather have an event Pokemon like Arceus or Jirachi. I have plenty of Dittos and the reason I don't use them is not cause they suck, it's cause he's a friggin' pink blob and not very rare. To each his own.

Will-powered Spriter
8th November 2011, 10:08 PM
There's nothing wrong with someone voting for the Pokemon they like. A vote for Arceus is just as valid as a vote for Ditto. Ditto may have a new DW ability but it doesn't change the fact that some of us would rather have an event Pokemon like Arceus or Jirachi. I have plenty of Dittos and the reason I don't use them is not cause they suck, it's cause he's a friggin' pink blob and not very rare. To each his own.

I don't get this mentality.

Yes some people don't have Arcues, but no one has DW ditto.

DW Ditto is not regular Ditto and should not be treated as such, especially when discussing rarity. I though the whole point of this poll is to get a DW pokemon.

2rsa
8th November 2011, 10:12 PM
I would love to have a DW ditto too but not in a popularity poll.
I really don't hate ditto especially since ditto is the fav pokemon of someone i really like(stupid i know).
since lugia is out of this poll i'll rather have an Arceus that has my OT and i could NN.

Radius
8th November 2011, 10:16 PM
A DW Ditto is still a Ditto. I have a Multiscale Dragonite and an Inner Focus Dragonite and they are both Dragonites. If I didn't like Dragonite I wouldn't use them. I don't care for Diitto so what ability he has makes no difference to me. It may be a great ability but it's still just an ability on a common Pokemon.

Event Pokes like Arceus, Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi are rare and unless you get them through an event you can't get one. A legitimate one that is not clones or Ar ones. Personally I'll take another Mew over Arceus but that a matter of preference for me. I voted for Jirachi and I'm sticking by my vote regardless of whether he wins or not.

The Arceus Delusion
8th November 2011, 10:18 PM
I don't get this mentality.

Yes some people don't have Arcues, but no one has DW ditto.

DW Ditto is not regular Ditto and should not be treated as such, especially when discussing rarity. I though the whole point of this poll is to get a DW pokemon.

I don't think that's the point of this poll. Otherwise, why would Pokemon with no DW ability be eligible?

I just wish people would understand that there are a variety of reasons for why someone wouldn't want to vote for Ditto. They could be like me, trying to finish a collection. Maybe they already have a Ditto and see voting for it as pointless. Not only that, but it's very possible that Ditto could be released with a future DW area. It's also a very distinct possibility that someone just geniunely doesn't care about Ditto at all.

Will-powered Spriter
8th November 2011, 10:19 PM
A DW Ditto is still a Ditto. I have a Multiscale Dragonite and an Inner Focus Dragonite and they are both Dragonites. If I didn't like Dragonite I wouldn't use them. I don't care for Diitto so what ability he has makes no difference to me. It may be a great ability but it's still just an ability on a common Pokemon.

Event Pokes like Arceus, Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi are rare and unless you get them through an event you can't get one. A legitimate one that is not clones or Ar ones. Personally I'll take another Mew over Arceus but that a matter of preference for me. I voted for Jirachi and I'm sticking by my vote regardless of whether he wins or not.

It's a rare ability. Normal Ditto is common, yes, but DW Ditto is rare and unless you get them through an event you can't get one.

What's more, there has been events for Mew, Celebi et al. There has been no event for DW ditto.

rocky505
8th November 2011, 10:21 PM
It's a rare ability. Normal Ditto is common, yes, but DW Ditto is rare and unless you get them through an event you can't get one. I wouldn't say this until we find out who all is in the rugged mountain.

Radius
8th November 2011, 10:26 PM
It's a rare ability. Normal Ditto is common, yes, but DW Ditto is rare and unless you get them through an event you can't get one.

What's more, there has been events for Mew, Celebi et al. There has been no event for DW ditto.

But a Ditto regardless of ability, is still just a Ditto. Not all of us care for the pink blob. I wouldn't say he is on the same level as Arceus and Mew. Especially seeing as how he is a common Pokemon and so will probably come out in the DW area and be a common Poke there too.

Lots of DW Pokemon haven't been released. It's just a matter of time. But getting an event with your own OT is a rare event indeed.

Will-powered Spriter
8th November 2011, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't say this until we find out who all is in the rugged mountain.

This is true.

However the other events have been released in the past. If that's not a reason not to vote for one, how is might be released in the future a reason against Ditto.

Radius
8th November 2011, 10:34 PM
This is true.

However the other events have been released in the past. If that's not a reason not to vote for one, how is might be released in the future a reason against Ditto.

There are no reasons for not voting for Ditto. Or really there are reasons to vote either way but since we are all different people we will have different individual reasons. I'm just pointing out that a vote for an Event is just as valid as a vote for a common Pokemon with a new ability. I don't have a Jirachi because I missed the event. It's not anybodys fault it's just the way it is. But if Nintendo asks me to vote for a Pokemon who I would want to befriend in the DW, well I'm going to vote for one I like. It is after all MY vote.

The Arceus Delusion
8th November 2011, 10:40 PM
This is true.

True. It might be released in the DW. Good job. The truth is though, despite how awesome and cool Ditto's DW ability is (and personally, I'm not at all impressed), Ditto is still only a common place Pokemon. There is still the possibility that it could be released. When? Who knows, it may be released in the Rugged Mountain area.. or maybe in some new area years from now. The point is, there's no telling. But still, it's very possible. And honestly, I'm willing to take that risk for the sake of getting an event legendary. I think it's rather amusing how some people have given DW Ditto this 'holy grail' status, and that it probably will never see the light of day if it doesn't win in this particular poll. :P

rocky505
8th November 2011, 10:41 PM
This is true.

However the other events have been released in the past. If that's not a reason not to vote for one, how is might be released in the future a reason against Ditto. because getting a DW ditto would be a heck of alot easier to get than an event if it shows up in an area on DW.

Grey Wind
8th November 2011, 10:45 PM
I can't speak for everoyne, so I'm just going to give my reasons.
Personally, I'm against trading in general, due to my own rules about collecting. I nearly have a completed national dex [living pokedex], all of which I've gotten on my own without the use of trade forums, GTS or anything like that. I'm not going to change that rule now for something that I can potentially get with this poll. I want something that I got on my own terms, not having to just easily ask for anything I want in a trade forum. In fact, I would go as far as to call that cheating, simply because Arceus (or any event pokemon for that matter) is hard to come by, and really it wouldn't even feel that rewarding to have someone else's Pokemon. I think that's reason alone to justify my vote for Arceus.

Um. It's impossible to complete a Pokedex without trading.

Blazios
8th November 2011, 10:45 PM
because getting a DW ditto would be a heck of alot easier to get than an event if it shows up in an area on DW.

However, just because it becomes an event doesn't necessarily mean that it won't become widely available in the future.

The Arceus Delusion
8th November 2011, 10:49 PM

I traded between the games myself. That wasn't even the point I was trying to make. But yes, I do have trades recorded on my Trainer card, but that was simply because I needed exclusives and trade evolutions. I don't really count them if I did it on my own though.

bdbboy9
8th November 2011, 10:49 PM
Guys focus all of our votes on a certain legend like Lugia or HO oh you cant get them through dw or in game and they have awesome abilities. I have heard tons of rumors that ditto is going to be in a future release. Along with pokemon like porygon amd eevee and all. It is just like pokemon to bs us. Like with the legendarty dogs celebi and jirachi. Go to gamestop and get them and now thet ware online but only if you didn't go to gamestop. So don't vote for Ditto because they will release it later

FILIP22
8th November 2011, 11:05 PM
I voted for Celebi.

I hope Ditto fails. Like honestly.

RANKINGS

1) Arceus
2) Ditto
3) Mew
4) Deoxys
5) Darkrai
6) CELEBI <3
7) Rayquaza
8) Shaymin
9) Pikachu
10) Jirachi

Toonyoungster
8th November 2011, 11:14 PM
REALLY noobish question but...why vote for ditto?

Blazios
8th November 2011, 11:18 PM

This. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Imposter_%28ability%29)

Gives Ditto an extra turn and copies all stat boosts. Turns Ditto from one of the worst Pokémon in the game to one of the best.

bdbboy9
8th November 2011, 11:20 PM

dont its useless they are going to release him in the future vote for lugia I will bribe you with pokemon

Blazios
8th November 2011, 11:22 PM
dont its useless they are going to release him in the future vote for lugia I will bribe you with pokemon

Yeah, Lugia's not gonna win unless the Ditto movement stops and everyone who voted for Ditto votes multiple times for Lugia.

Ditto has the most to gain from this, after all.

Will-powered Spriter
8th November 2011, 11:34 PM
Yeah, Lugia's not gonna win unless the Ditto movements stops and everyone who voted for Ditto votes multiple times for Lugia.

Ditto has the most to gain from this, after all.

Really, the ditto movement should be helping the lugia movement. Lugia is 11th, but we kind of need it as a back-up.

We're taking a risk as Ditto could (although I believe it won't) turn up in the new area, and the internet, shining beacon of justice and forgiveness, won't be pleased if the only useful pokemon in any position to win becomes useless with nothing to switch attention to.

Eternalserenity
8th November 2011, 11:35 PM

That's the smartest argument I've seen in this thread so far.

The members have been split: Ditto or Arceus. Each side convinced the other is wrong. Both are valid arguments.