PDA

View Full Version : Baton Passer Ideas

Steelix92
2nd November 2011, 9:02 AM
I'm in need a relieable baton passer for my team. I've tried Ambipom and Ninjask (apparently good baton passers). They were pretty good, because of their high speed, but they seemed too fraile in battle, and most of the time they can't manage to stay in the battle long enough to set up stat changing moves. Does anyone have any ideas for a baton passer with higher Hp and not many weeknesses?

Ilan
2nd November 2011, 9:17 PM
ninjask is the best baton passer out there use protect and subtitute .

Gamefreak
3rd November 2011, 5:33 AM
Ask a question thread please. (:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=542117

Gliscor is the best though since it gets Taunt, great bulk, Hyper Cutter, Agility, Swords Dance, and has great synergy to Metagross. It also isn't weak to Stealth Rock and has a great defensive typing.

Gliscor (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SDef / 60 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Agility
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

The EVs allow Gliscor to outspeed Adamant Gyarados all the time, and Choice Scarf Gengar after a Rock Polish.

As for partners, I like Dual Screen Azelf as a lead to make Gliscor very bulky, to give an additional Taunt, and to lay Stealth Rock. I also usually Baton Pass to Metagross because he has great resistences, great bulk, great attack, and can muscle through and outrun pretty much everything after an Agility + a Swords Dance. He also gets perfect coverage with 4 moves and works great with Lum Berry. It clean sweeps most teams, including Kevin Garrett stall and most F/W/G offense teams. I also use DD Gyarados to clean up late game, or to Baton Pass against water moves. Intimidate, resistences, good coverage make it pretty neat. You can also use a scarf revenge killer in the last slot, then try an additional sweeper to your preference.

Azelf @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

This team is a short pass team which is usually more reliable due to the lack of crits and the additional win conditions. It wins much quicker, so there is less room for error and for potential things to go wrong. If you would like to work on a long pass team, this is a great article which can help. http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/baton_pass_chains