PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Haunter!

ThePhoenixOfDoom
6th November 2011, 8:06 PM
;093;
Haunter @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Evs: Mainly Speed and Health (I don't know the exact numbers)
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Curse
- Dream Eater
- Shadow Ball
Strategy:
My plan is to send it out and immediately use hypnosis to disable the other pokemon. I will then lay a curse on it and use dream eater to get health back from the curse. The black sludge will also help with that. If the pokemon is weak to dark attacks or is almost dead I can just take it out with a shadow ball. I like this plan because the opponent cannot do anything and once I have layed a curse and got my health back up they are pretty much dead. The dream eaters do a fair amount of damage and restore me well shadow ball can knock them out quickly.

;059;
Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: Attack and Speed
Nature: Naughty
-Roar
-Iron Tail
-Extreme Speed
-Overheat
Strategy: I will start with my Arcanine and use roar as my first move. Hopefully this will confuse my opponent and wreck his strategy. I will then switch out to a different pokemon to confuse him more and free the Arcanine from its choice band. When I come back to him I will use one of his extremely powerful moves against the pokemon my opponent has out.

;297;
Hariyama @ Soft Sand
Ability:Thick Fat
Evs: Defense and Attack
Nature: Brave
-Belly Drum
-Earthquake
-Endure
-Reversal
Strategy:
I will probably use this as my second pokemon after Arcanine. I will start with a belly drum and then sweep with earthquake. The soft sand will help me a lot with that. If I ever get low on health I will use endure and then once I am down to 1 hp I will use reversal and hopefully take them out.

Psycho Cut
6th November 2011, 8:12 PM
This is the thread you should use when rating a single pokemon (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=468192) :)

ThePhoenixOfDoom
6th November 2011, 8:22 PM
This is the thread you should use when rating a single pokemon (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=468192) :)
Ok, thanks. I'm gonna add a couple more of my pokemon so it is an actual rmt thread. Thanks!

Elements115
6th November 2011, 8:39 PM
lol thats a link to where you should post this hes saying dont post here ahahahaha laughed.

ThePhoenixOfDoom
6th November 2011, 8:41 PM
lol thats a link to where you should post this hes saying dont post here ahahahaha laughed.
I fixed it so now it is a team, not a single pokemon.

Elements115
6th November 2011, 8:53 PM
ok then

1. dont use choice band on arcanine cause your using roar and overheat.. use life orb and i would suggest getting rid of overheat for flare blitz

2. use leftovers on haryama, belly drum will take you down low so you need lefties more than soft sand. and also ditch endure, get a fighting type move

3. evolve your haunter, give it a life orb move: substitute, thunderbolt, shadow ball, focus blast.

ThePhoenixOfDoom
6th November 2011, 9:11 PM
ok then

1. dont use choice band on arcanine cause your using roar and overheat.. use life orb and i would suggest getting rid of overheat for flare blitz

2. use leftovers on haryama, belly drum will take you down low so you need lefties more than soft sand. and also ditch endure, get a fighting type move

3. evolve your haunter, give it a life orb move: substitute, thunderbolt, shadow ball, focus blast.

I like your idea of life orb instead of choice band! I think I'll stick with overheat though because I would rather lose SAtk than health.

Leftovers is another good idea, I want it to stay in a long time. I also agree that the chance that I will get in Endure and Reversal with ought dying is very low so I will switch out endure.

What advantages would I get from evolving it? I like my current moveset and I have found it works well.

Triple Z
6th November 2011, 9:17 PM
It's still not a full team, kinda. This section of the forums are for proper competitive battles, ie 6v6. If you have a 3v3 team, you'll want to post in the ingame RMT

Gamefreak
7th November 2011, 1:14 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=517350

Please.