PDA

View Full Version : A Real RMT (OU)

Ice Blue Dragon
14th November 2011, 2:30 AM
This is a competive, full team, rule abiding RMT.

Metagross@Occa Berry
252hp/252att/4spdef adamant
Clear body
-stealth rock
-bullet punch
-earthquake
-explosion

This guy is good. Sets up SR with good defenses while doing massive damage back. Bullet punch is stab, and gets strong hits on rock types, but so does earthquake. I might get rid of one of them. Explosion is to go out with a bang.

Starmine@life orb
252spatt/252speed/4hp timid
Natural cure
-rapid spin
-thunderbolt
-hydro pump
-ice beam

Supports the team while tearing apart teams. Rapid spin gets rid of hazards, which salamence does not like. Hydro Pump is a strong semi reliable stab. Thunderbolt and ice beam are for coverage.

Salamence@Life Orb
252att/252speed/4hp adamant
Intimidate
-dragon claw
-earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance

Salamence is a star player on my team. I might use outrage over dragon claw if people convince me to. Life orb gives boost to power. Earthquake beats up any rock types who live to ruin my day. Fire blast takes care of forrestress and bronzing, who chould cause trouble on my team.

Blissy@leftovers
252def/4spdef/252hp (forgot nature) +def -att
Natural cure
-soft boiled
-t- wave
-seismic toss
-aromatherapy

The team's special wall and main supporter. Soft boiled is for more recovery and t-wave is to cripple attackers. The evs and nature is to minimize physical hits. Seismic toss to do decent damage (blissey 2 hit oks shuckle lol). Aromatherapy is to cure status.

Jolteon@specs
252spatt/200speed/56hp +spatt -att
Volt absorb
-thunderbolt
-shadow ball
-hp grass
-signal beam

Basic specs set. Come in on a electric attack and muscle through the team. Shadow ball, hp grass, signal beam are for coverage. I am lazy so no long distribution.

Gliscor@leftovers
252hp/252def/4spdef +def -spatt
Sand veil
-toxic
-earthquake
-ice fang
-protect

The team's physical wall. The evs and nature is to max out defense. Toxic is to slowly kill walls and watch them die a slow painful death while I laugh. Earthquake and ice fang are for coverage. Protect is to stall even more.

Please rate :)

DX 2401PT
14th November 2011, 7:38 PM
I hope you meant Timid Starmie. Jolly raises Spd and lowers Sp. Atk, which would be... pointless to a Starmie. Starmie with Hydro Pump? I prefer Surf because of its PP and reliable accuracy. I don't like the 80% hit rate for Hydro Pump.

For Salamence, mine has Choice Band Outrage. It can one-hit-KO just about everything with base Def of 110 or lower, regardless of its IVs and EVs (as long as Outrage does neutral damage). Salamence with Fire Blast? Once again, I prefer accuracy over power, so I'd suggest Flamethrower.

For the others, I think they're ok. You could consider giving Blissey Counter, but... eh, your choice.

ashsinnoh
14th November 2011, 8:24 PM
Explosion got nerfed this generation so i suggest Bullet Punch for revenge killing. On Salamence i would suggest Dragon Dance over Brick Break, unless you can't find time when to boost. On Jolteon run Volt Switch for damage and free switch, and what coverage does HP GRASS gives? I know you can one shot Water/Ground, but you're walled by Ground/Flying so maybe HP ICE?. Also if you can get Poison Heal Gliscor would be better since you don't have any sand abusers to make Sand Veil work. Your team is pretty nice it just lacks Special power since both Starmie and Jolteon are very frail. Besides as posted above run timid on Starmie.

Assassin9399
14th November 2011, 8:32 PM
If you're going Adamant on Salamance, Fire Blast (and Flamethrower) are the wrong moves, since both have problems with the Sp. Atk. drop, and the lack of EV investment. You're better off with Fire Fang on Salamance.

EDIT: my wrong, it's third gen. I suppose that Flamethrower is better then, so take it. And get rid of Adamant, the Sp. Atk drop still is wrong. And invest the 4 HP EV's in Sp Atk for that it's worth.

Ice Blue Dragon
14th November 2011, 9:25 PM
@ ashsinnoh, this is 4th gen and earlier RMTs. Volt switch and the explosion nerf is 5th gen.

Sorry about starmines nature, I got it mixed up. Changes in bold.

Rezna
15th November 2011, 2:20 PM
hey haha. soo one thing about salamence why not dragon dancing variant. i would say take out EQ cuz two other pokes have EQ and with outrage and brick break

im thinking

Metagross@leftovers
252hp/252att/4spdef adamant
Clear body
-stealth rock
-meteor mash
-earthquake
-Bullet punch/Hidden power Fire
either hidden power Fire for the majority of OU being Steel and with ferrorthorn and forretress being very common you can surprise them with hp fire. i would say Bullet Punch because it gives you revenge killing but then again you can hit tyranitar. but then again there is only one rock type in OU that doesnt resisst steel and cloyster could be the other target to hit with bullet punch but cloyster's have good defense so not sure about this. another move i glanced at in his move pool is Rock slide which can flinch and helps against the likes of ninetales, volcarona, gyarados(maybe), cloyster (maybe), etc..

Starmine@life orb
252spatt/252speed/4hp timid
Natural cure
-rapid spin
-thunderbolt
-hydro pump
-ice beam

Salamence@life orb
252att/252speed/4hp adamant
Intimidate
-Outrage
-earthquake
-fire fang
-Dragon Dance

ok soo i think you should change dragon claw for outrage it has higher base power+stab+ life orb which when it all adds up can be quite monstrous when paired with a boost from dragon dance. i decided that brick break would be ok to switch dragon dance with because fire fang is hitting most your brick break targets nicely as well as ice types and pesky grass. and EQ is for pokemon like heatran, terrakion, tyranitar. another honorable move to mention are crunch but most of the targets you can take care of with either fire fang or earthquake

Blissy@leftovers
252def/4spdef/252hp (forgot nature) +def -att
Natural cure
-soft boiled
-t- wave
-seismic toss
-aromatherapy

blissey looks good, only think i can think of is toxic instead of T-wave because you can kill steel types with seismic toss and toxic others so you can handle pokemon either way but as i said blissey is fine.

Jolteon@specs
252spatt/200speed/56hp +spatt -att
Volt absorb
-thunderbolt
-shadow ball
-hp grass
-signal beam

jolteon is fine

Gliscor@leftovers
252hp/252def/4spdef +def -spatt
Sand veil
-toxic
-earthquake
-ice fang
-protect

When team building i find that these sites help greatly with certain aspects
beldum.org
http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/team_builder

not sure if you know of them, most likely pokemon marriland. Beldum.org is to help with team synergy especially for finding a good core to a team. and Pokemon marriland team builder for resistance chart to see what you are weak to.

Ice Blue Dragon
15th November 2011, 9:09 PM
Again, this is 4 gen, not 5th. The team building site did help though. I decided to use outrage over dragon claw on mence.

Assassin9399
15th November 2011, 9:21 PM
Take a Lum Berry on Salamance, it prevents burn/paralysis, or the confusion from Outrage

Ice Blue Dragon
15th November 2011, 9:24 PM
^forgot about that, thanks. Should I get rid of earthquake or meteor mash on Metagross?

Wire
15th November 2011, 9:25 PM
go naive on salamence and DO NOT USE FIRE FANG

DX 2401PT
15th November 2011, 9:36 PM
I find it rather humorous that all the discussion involving Salamence seems to... well, list all of my previous Salamence versions (except Dragon Dance). Version I and II had Dragon Claw. Version III saw the first use of Outrage, but with Lum Berry. Version IV saw the first use of Flamethrower/Fire Blast. Version V had the first use of Choice Band + Outrage. The current version (VI) has Choice Band + Outrage and Fire Fang.

Each Salamence version upgrades have better natures and IVs.

Now, combat-record for the Salamences. Version II went to fight Palmer set II in the Battle Tower, where it got DEMOLISHED. Version VI one-hit KOed Cresselia (crit) and Regigigas with one Outrage. Choice Band helps a lot.

Now, I don't really see the point in Brick Break. Super Effective Brick Break has power 150 (I know the damage calculation doesn't work that way, but it's a good rough estimate), while STAB Outrage is 180. Against Skarmory, Brick Break is 75, STAB resistant Outrage is 90. Against things like Aggron, there's Earthquake.

As a point of reference, my Salamence-VI:
Adamant, 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP.
Choice Band attached.
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Fly (it's also my Fly-er)

Ice Blue Dragon
15th November 2011, 11:27 PM
go naive on salamence and DO NOT USE FIRE FANG

Why?

ThanksDX, but I would rather use lum berry for outrage once the steels are gone, and lum protects him from random status. I did consider the brick break, and will change it to dragon dance.

Disaster9200
18th November 2011, 11:32 PM
Not sure why you have Fire Fang to cover Steel when you have the EQ.
I'd do...
Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/EQ/Stone Edge
That has great coverage.
If you're going to be DDing anyway might as well take off Outrage and replace it with Dragon Claw.

At least you'll have the option to change and without Confusion.

Take away Lum and replace it with Life Orb.

Ice Blue Dragon
19th November 2011, 4:47 AM
Changes in bold.

Thank you for all the rates, and I am not changing mence anymore. I feel like it current set is best.

Disaster9200
20th November 2011, 12:31 AM
I agree. The set that I suggested. Well, your current set. It's an old 4th Gen set. It was the standard a few years ago. Salmence ended up in Ubers so it's obviously pretty good. lol.

The only thing I suggest now is to change Earthquake with Bullet Punch on Metagross.
It can break Focus Sash. Or if you bring a Pokemon down to its sash you can finish it off.

Also, I'd change Leftovers with Lum Berry if it's gonna be your lead. Or Occa Berry to weaken fire moves.

Ice Blue Dragon
20th November 2011, 2:31 PM
I see your reasoning about the lum berry over leftovers, but won't I lose coverage if I replace earthquake? Maybe I should change it because he is a suicide lead.

Disaster9200
21st November 2011, 7:20 AM
I'd say priority over coverage on a lot of leads. Especially Metagross. Seeing as after rocks, and a kill if you pull one off, you go boom. He's pretty bulky so I don't think leftovers is really needed. Once again, he'll go boom anyway. It all really depends on what you're intending to do with him. Personally I use a lead Metagross to Bullet Punch their lead, set up rocks, then switch out if needed. I save the explosion for taking down annoying walls(Blissy). My set is Bullet Punch/Earthquake/Stealth Rocks/Explosion with an Occa Berry.

Seeing as you have 2 Pokemon with EQ already I don't see it as an issue to take it off.

Ice Blue Dragon
21st November 2011, 9:23 PM
Thanks for the help. Changes in bold

Disaster9200
22nd November 2011, 3:52 AM
Looks pretty solid now. ^_^

TyranitarFan
22nd November 2011, 3:58 PM
hold on , hold on. why are yall discussing salamence so much when he cant even be used in ou in 4th gen?

Disaster9200
22nd November 2011, 5:30 PM
hold on , hold on. why are yall discussing salamence so much when he cant even be used in ou in 4th gen?

It's his team.
Just helping him out.
And who says he even follows Smogon rules?
Maybe he plays with IRL friends that don't care?

Ice Blue Dragon
23rd November 2011, 2:10 AM
It's his team.
Just helping him out.

I usually play by smogon, but this one is wi-fi and for battling my friends.

And Disaster9200, thanks for helping out my team.

Disaster9200
23rd November 2011, 7:19 AM
No problem.
At one point I had basically the same team as you have listed here.
So, I was happy to pitch it. ^_^

noob21
11th December 2011, 6:27 AM
This is a really great team other then the fact that mence is band so find a replacment for that and your ready to go.

DX 2401PT
13th December 2011, 7:19 AM
I don't really believe in playing by Pokemon tiers and whatnot. If my Absol can one-hit KO EVERY member of my friend's legendary team, then the tier differences don't really matter, now do they? But that's just me. I only use Pokemon teams to thrash friends and rookie players who don't know crap (yes, that's cruel).

Because of that, my suggestions may sometimes include utilizing glitches. Jolly Machamp with No Guard and Sheer Cold? Absolutely no hacks/cheats required. Requires Emerald and Platinum, but again, no hacks or cheats. Similarly, if I had an Emerald version, I'd get myself a Salamence version VII. Outrage, Earthquake, SACRED FIRE (Flamethrower? Fire Blast? Fire Fang? They all suck compared to SACRED FIRE!), and... ... Drill Peck for STAB?

I find that nothing is more satisfying than watching a friend in complete shock after being hit by Sacred Fire from Pokemon that can't possibly learn the move. No cheats required, again. Just... beware in case that friend chooses to use the glitches against you. Freakin Spore...

Anyways, if you don't want to use Salamence for whatever reason, you could try a Dragon Dancing Tyranitar (I haven't a clue as to what Pokemon are in what tier and don't care either, so if Tyranitar is banned from whatever battling thing, then ignore this). My friend uses it, and he says it works pretty well.

Tyranitar
Adamant, 252 Atk, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def. Leftovers attached.
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Fire Punch (I think. It's not my Tyranitar, so I'm not sure).

Tyranitar has good defenses. With EV investment in Def and Sandstorm's +50% boost to Sp. Def, it makes a good wall. The horrible Spd forces you to use 2~3 of Dragon Dances to make it fast enough to do things, but... plan it properly, and it'll destroy things (or so I've heard).

By the way, if you want to learn more about the glitch I mentioned, then PM me.

jesusfreak94
16th December 2011, 4:33 AM
It's his team.
Just helping him out.

By default, the Serebii Competitive Community uses the Smogon tier system unless noted otherwise. Since it isn't specified that he's using different rules, we usually assume he's using Smogon rules.

Anyways, onto the team. It's been a very long time since I've rated in 4th Gen (or even played it, lol), but I'll try. First off, I recommend you go with Outrage + Fire Blast over Dragon Claw + Stone Edge. While your current set is manhandled by Skarmory (and your team in general hates SkarmBliss, tbh), this set will allow you to beat it. That combo will also allow you to barrel through teams once the opponent's fast Scarfers and dangerous priority users are eliminated. Secondly, since it seems as though since you are playing in a metagame that allows Salamence, your team might need to better prepare for it. I recommend here that you replace Metagross with Bronzong, who offers some of the same resistances and an extra immunity, can still support the team with Stealth Rock, and makes a good answer to Salamence with its typing/Levitate and HP Ice. Lastly, I'd just like to remind you that since there is no Poison Heal Gliscor in 4th Gen, Roost is a must-have for Scor. I recommend you change your current set to something similar to this.

Gliscor@Leftovers
Jolly
Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Moves:
-Toxic
-Roost
-Earthquake
-Taunt/Ice Fang

I prefer Taunt to make Gliscor into an excellent stallbreaker, but I suppose Ice Fang still works if you want to keep that.

Good luck with your team! Hope this helps! ^_^

Crimson101
22nd December 2011, 5:05 AM
Hi ice. Ur teams pretty cool. All of the people who replied to this are right. Fire blast on Mence is helpful for them physicly bulky steel types. Got nothing else to say. *thumbs up* ;3

Aura Sensei™
28th December 2011, 6:46 PM
Flamethower is better than Fire Blast.

Zaiker42
30th December 2011, 6:43 PM

Uh, yeah, this guy has a point. 4th Gen 'Mence is Uber.

You could always give Dragonite a go.

EDIT: Just read most recent posts. I guess that's not a big deal for you.