PDA

View Full Version : Powers Discussion Thread

PeeGee
16th November 2011, 3:38 AM
Approved by Kamotz

All over the world there are those who have been born with powers. At first it was a complete mystery when they came from, some suspected radiation, some suspected genetic mutation, some even suspected mystic artifacts and technology, some did not even care where they came from. The powers ranged from super strength to super senses. Some people have no problem using their powers to help other, being superheroes, and some wish to just live ordinary lives.

However, that all changed ten years ago. Someone or something started hunting down superheroes. More and more superheroes began to drop off, one day they would be fine and dandy, the next they would be found dead. Even worse not only were they murdered, after their deaths there were many large scale attacks that used the exact powers of those who had died. This was the last straw for the superheroes. Embarking on an almost vigilantist hunt, the superheroes searched for clues that eventually led them to the leader of the hunters, who ever so originally called themselves the Hunters Brigage, and after a grueling battle the superheroes were victorious. It was thought that after that it was safe for the superheroes, alien invasions and over powered villain notwithstanding.

And this was true, for about ten years. Then the unthinkable happened. One of the greatest superheroes known to mankind, Alpha, was found one morning, his chest completely hollowed out. A week later, a city in America was blown up, completely razed to the ground. It took everyone no time to realise that this was Alpha's power. And that with his demise it only meant one thing, the Hunter’s Brigade was back. The heroes were not going to take any chances. In an unanimous decision it became top priority that they would track down the Hunter’s Brigade before they could do anymore harm. A message was sent out, to bring a group together to find the Hunter’s Brigade.

This is where you come in. You are a superhero who has received the following message:

Attention all heroes.
As you may be aware recently Alpha was found dead and a week after his unfortunate demise a city was razed to the ground by his power. It is believed that the Hunter’s Brigade is back and this time no chances are being taken. We are sending out this message to all those who wish to help us find and stop the Brigade before they can do anymore harm.

Upon receiving the message you immediately find your way to a small island in the middle of the ocean that houses the Heroes Hall. There you will be debriefed on what it is you need to do.

Players:

- Food Guy - Tina Johnson/Graviton/Gravity Manipulation.
- Charizardfan900 - Zachary 'Zac' Stevenson/Mind-Striker/Mental Abilities.
- Grassmaster411 - Conner Temple/The Fossil/Ancient Transformations.
- AudinoGlitch - Sam Wender/Furball/Mammal Transformations
- ByteBug - Flint Harkwood/Slider/Dimensional Shifts
- MugoUrth - Cthul Lon Ral Kodrra/Doug/Light Manipulation
- DVB - Diego Vendrix/Tezcatlipoca/Glass Manipulation

This thread is to discuss the RPG! Yay! If there are any concerns, problems or just plain questions, feel free to ask.

MugoUrth
17th November 2011, 1:30 AM
I'm not used to posting in the RPG cafe, actually. Sorry for the posts in the other thread.

AudinoGlitch
17th November 2011, 5:32 AM
I was thinking, maybe Sam should have a higher metabolism because he's always turning into other animals and his running gag could be being hungry.

PeeGee
17th November 2011, 6:31 AM
Well it would make sense, I say you go for it.

MugoUrth
19th November 2011, 7:11 PM
For some reason, I think Cthul Lon's drawing too much attention. When does the fight against the Hunters Brigade start?

ByteBug
19th November 2011, 7:31 PM
For some reason, I think Cthul Lon's drawing too much attention. When does the fight against the Hunters Brigade start?

Well, considering he's an alien, it's natural to draw quite a bit of attention. But I know what your saying about the getting the plot moving too.

PeeGee
19th November 2011, 11:20 PM
Don't worry, I am in the process of writing up my next post, which does push the plot along.

ByteBug
20th November 2011, 12:42 AM
Just noticed that the first post has my username the wrong way round.

Charizardfan900
23rd November 2011, 5:55 PM
When is anyoen avaiable to post? I'm kinda waiting. I'm often online of weekday afternoons except mondays. Sometimes weekends

MugoUrth
23rd November 2011, 8:02 PM
I would, but Cthul Lon just wouldn't add anything to the current situation, as he still is struggling to learn English. I can however suggest to go to New York first, since Cthul Lon is currently trying to learn English, and another language would just confuse the poor guy.

PeeGee
24th November 2011, 6:05 AM
Don't worry people I am working on a post. I have been down at schoolies so I haven't had any computer access these past couple of days.

treespyro
26th November 2011, 2:44 AM
I should actually change some elements of my character. I think the brown hair should be a wig otherwise her identity is pretty obvious. So I guess I have to change her to a blonde and plus if Michelle is rich, she could be very resourceful later on. Just saying.

PeeGee
26th November 2011, 4:02 AM
Thanks for the heads up then. Also just a note, I am housing all weekend so I probably won't be able to move the plot forward until Monday.

AudinoGlitch
27th November 2011, 6:00 PM
Well, I can say that the gender change reactions just go to show that I need to work at putting myself in people's shoes. Honestly I didn't expect hurling and high level reactions. I expected some WTF reactions yes, but nothing too severe.

Then again I do have Asperger's Syndrome so if someone changed genders in front of me I'd just think someone spiked my milk and continue doing what I was doing. Yes, I still drink milk.

MugoUrth
27th November 2011, 10:40 PM
Well, I can say that the gender change reactions just go to show that I need to work at putting myself in people's shoes. Honestly I didn't expect hurling and high level reactions. I expected some WTF reactions yes, but nothing too severe.

Then again I do have Asperger's Syndrome so if someone changed genders in front of me I'd just think someone spiked my milk and continue doing what I was doing. Yes, I still drink milk.

Maybe THAT'S why I thought nothing of it. I have Aspergers, too. Must be common.

In all seriousness, though. If I were Cthul Lon, I'd already be to preoccupied with finding my friends and returning home to care about someone changing genders.

treespyro
28th November 2011, 4:02 AM
You have to also consider my character. She more a civilian, she doesn't really have powers. So for her to see an alien and a person changing gender. Well you can tell, it is not going to go well with her.

MugoUrth
1st December 2011, 12:50 AM
I'd post soon, but I'm kind of waiting for Audino.

PeeGee
1st December 2011, 10:47 PM
I would like to clarify that yes, there are rooms for each hero in the Hall.

MugoUrth
3rd December 2011, 1:49 AM
The sooner to the action, the sooner the fun begins. Yee haw!

treespyro
4th December 2011, 2:44 AM
Yeah we are going to push towards?

PeeGee
4th December 2011, 3:40 AM
And so it was pushed forward. Okay a couple of things to take a note of:

- Each of the cloaked figures is strong, so it will be a hard fight.
- There are a large number of them and I am not going to limit what powers they might have, though try to keep it to one per figure.
- Go your hardest

AudinoGlitch
8th December 2011, 3:06 AM
There are two people in trouble, so who should help out who? Remember that Sam is currently a Kangaroo so he can kick, but kicks aren't as accurate as punches.

Also, on a full stomach Sam can only change species 3 times before needing food, so he can only change 2 more times in this fight.

MugoUrth
8th December 2011, 3:38 AM
Well, of coarse 2 of the heroes can save each of them. If you want, Audino, you could choose which one. Personally, I don't think Cthul Lon would care WHICH hero saves him, as long as A hero saves him.

AudinoGlitch
8th December 2011, 4:04 AM
Well if you recall, your attacker has a chainsaw. Sam could lose a foot from attacking carelessly, and he can't afford to lose ANY of his body parts.

MugoUrth
9th December 2011, 1:03 AM
Yeah, you have a point there. Plus the guy MIGHT have already killed one of Cthuls buddies.

Also, the guy with the chainsaw has manipulation over electricity. He can also make electric objects do weird things, like he can make a toaster shoot out icicles, or he can make an MP3 player play 5 times louder than it can handle.

I'm unsure what's going to happen. All I know is that someone needs to post soon cause I'm bored and don't want the RP to die. :P

treespyro
9th December 2011, 10:02 AM
I'll add a post tonight. So in a couple of hours.

See the Dancer do her stuff.

MugoUrth
16th December 2011, 10:53 PM
We need to progress the plot again.

DVB
21st December 2011, 7:23 PM
Yes, yes we do. SOMEONE POST SOMETHIGN

MugoUrth
21st December 2011, 8:14 PM
Well I'm waiting for someone to answer Cthul Lon's question, but the only who hasn't posted yet is Audino, who hasn't logged in for a week now.

PeeGee
21st December 2011, 11:38 PM
DVB stop being impatient, we are coming into Christmas. This is the time in which you would expect there to be a bit of a slow down.

treespyro
22nd December 2011, 1:19 AM
I'll post something.

Not much too add but give some depth to my character.

DVB
22nd December 2011, 1:23 AM
Any time of year, people will give excuse about not posting?

Not having time of school

the holidays

summer break-irregularity with release dates

and so on and so on

MugoUrth
22nd December 2011, 1:34 AM
*Sigh* I fended for myself on the matter.

PeeGee
22nd December 2011, 1:41 AM
DVB: So? Every single one of those things is a legitimate excuse for not posting, so please don't be so impatient.

Charizardfan900
22nd December 2011, 11:01 PM
It is true that he is being impatient, but I'm starting to lose it aswell. I can understand your excuses, but could you at least tell us when you might have the time?

PeeGee
23rd December 2011, 12:55 AM
I will update when I find time to update, so just wait until I can.

MugoUrth
25th December 2011, 11:21 PM
That's okay, take your time. :D

When you do post, though, would you mind sending help to Cthul Lon's friend, Boluc?

PeeGee
25th December 2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I will be able to do that. Just so everyone knows, I am about halfway through typing up the next plot progressing post.

MugoUrth
30th December 2011, 10:09 PM
Please don't let the RP die? No one's posting.

Charizardfan900
30th December 2011, 10:14 PM
I'm waiting for Bytebug to reply.

ByteBug
31st December 2011, 12:01 AM
Sorry, my family has been getting in the way, but I'll try to type up my next post as soon as I can, which will probably be some time tomorrow.

Charizardfan900
1st January 2012, 11:10 PM
Bytebug, what type of weapon does Slider want?

ByteBug
3rd January 2012, 5:19 PM
I was thinking, looking at his power, he would work best as some kind of 'medic', and going with that, I was thinking something not very powerful, long-ish range, and lightweight.

MugoUrth
6th January 2012, 1:36 AM
I miss Audino's character. ... I wonder what's going on where Audino lives. Broken computer? Family problems? Surely school couldn't damper her this much.

treespyro
10th January 2012, 3:41 AM
Well when you guys start on the next mission, my character will take part.

MugoUrth
16th January 2012, 9:15 PM
...Audino hasn't been on Serebii in a month. Do you think she would mind if I bunnied her character till if she comes back?

PeeGee
16th January 2012, 10:56 PM
I guess it wouldn't be too bad, however just try to keep the bunnying to a minimum.

treespyro
23rd January 2012, 6:11 AM
Like I said. Because my character has a very active social life, she can't be with the team full on however Tina has tabs on her and if the situation is at hand, Michelle will come but she can't stay with the group because she's a busy person in real life. So I'm just waiting for a good place for her to jump in after she's been notified.

PeeGee
11th May 2012, 11:34 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in getting this RPG going again.

DVB
18th May 2012, 3:24 PM
I would, but who is left that is interested?

MugoUrth
18th May 2012, 3:40 PM
Ooh, I'm interested. *Raises hand*

I kind of miss that little alien dude. :D

PeeGee
19th May 2012, 2:25 AM
I VMed GM, treespyro and charizardfan. So far GM has gotten back to me and he has too much on his plate so he won't be joining us. I think that if there is only us three, it might be a little better if I either re open sign ups, or make a new RP that is set slightly after the stage where we are up to. Though regardless of what happens I will do a little skip, with summarisation of what happened, so we can get throught the somewhat unnecessary stuff.

DVB
19th May 2012, 3:08 AM
Well, it all depends with whatever folks. We can also get some new folk to join as well.

MugoUrth
19th May 2012, 2:41 PM
Yeah, I think it might be easier to get new members by restarting the sign-ups.

DVB
23rd May 2012, 5:50 PM
All right, so shall we do it?

PeeGee
23rd May 2012, 10:45 PM
I expect to have the sign-up up by the weekend, until then I am too busy uni-wise.

DVB
16th June 2012, 3:21 AM
Well looks the RPG is up again! Let's hope others will join.

PeeGee
22nd June 2012, 2:47 AM
Guys, I am working on a post, and it should be up sometime on the weekend. And then stuff will actually happen!

DVB
22nd June 2012, 6:10 PM
All right, cool news. Let's kick things up!