PDA

View Full Version : tricksand team 4th gen needs work

Darmanitan goes ape
17th November 2011, 12:48 AM
Hi all! I'm looking for some advice on my team lay out as i am pretty new to competitive battling but have thought up a trick room and sandstorm kind of team i guess. I need help on replacing members and moves please

Here goes:

Lead

Gallade ;475; @ life orb
Nature : Jolly 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: steadfast

swords dance
close combat
pyscho cut
leaf blade

His purpose is more of the anti lead really to try go out and smash the other leads apart but he may not last long but his main purpose is to hit hard and cause some damage

or Staraptor
nature: adamant 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
ability: intimidate

close combat
brave bird
u turn
return

Same purpose again bit of a scout but to go out and try to cause damage before going down.

Hippowdon @ leftovers
nature: impish 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
ability: sand stream

stealth rock
stockpile
earthquake
ice fang

This guy is the physical wall who can lay down rocks for me as wall takes some hits but can dish some out as well. Starts up the sandstorm for other team members as well

Bronzong @ light clay
Nature: impish 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
ability levitate

light screen
reflect
trick room
earthquake

Bronzong is my mixed wall who is one of my favourites for the amount of roles he can play. This set mainly is the dual screener one but he sets up trick room as well for me and doesn't take sandstorm damage. Earthquake is there to stop the one weakness he has

Empoleon @ life orb
nature: modest 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
ability: torrent

substitute
surf
ice beam
flash cannon

Empoleon is the special sweeper of the team has many resistances and can really help on this sandstorm team to cover some weaknesses and exploit other sandstorm teams. I thought he could take advantage of the weather and trick room conditions cos i mean his base speed is pretty low and i'm not running the agility set but his moves need work. any thoughts?

Porygon z @ life orb
252 hp / 252 SpA/ 4 def
nature: quiet
ability: adaptability

trick room
dark pulse
tri attack
thunderbolt

Porygon z is another special sweeper and thought i would go quiet on this one as he can naturally learn trick room with aid of heart scale. Big special attack with good coverage i feel there. i dont know about download or adaptability? Any thoughts on this working as a trick roomer?

I need suggestions for a 6th team member here please? i have a garchomp that looks a bit like this. i don't know if it will get caught up in trick room but will take advantage of the sand with sand veil

Garchomp @ persim berry
nature : adamant
ability : sand veil

substitute
swords dance
outrage
earthquake

This is where i really need the help please the last team member needs alot of suggestions and help. The lead is also a weak point but i am mainly happy with the core of the team.

Any thoughts?

pbnj97
30th November 2011, 3:06 AM
Personally the idea of tricksand is contradictory to me with such fast pokemon at your disposal but you can do what you want. One way or another the Porygon Z and Empoleon need to go. A good replacement might be a Rhydon or (if possible) a Rhyperior as well as a Steelix with its base 200 def (what the ****) or Quagshire with its water obsorb to take out opposing waters and sandstorm teams. I prefer gallade over starapter for a lead but that is just a preference. You could go eather way. and finally I reckomend to load every body that can up with earthquake and stone edge.

noob21
10th December 2011, 12:36 PM
I would pick gallade over staraptor and I dont see the point in having stockpile on hippowdon when you havent geared it twards def's/hp and recovery. Yeah leftovers is recovery but its only 1/16 of hp so you cant just rely on that. Garchomp is band from standered play and replace flash cannon with a grass move on empoleon so you will have better coverage. Other than that its a good team.