PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Ranger: Which Do You Like Best?

LuvlyMelody
10th March 2010, 11:26 PM
I've been debating whether I should start the ranger series or not, I already have all 3 DPt versions. Should I get Pokemon ranger or PR:SOA or wait for PR:TOL to come out?

Does it matter which one I get? or do the most recent ones blow the first one away with improvements? I'm the kinda person that likes to collect games, if I want to start a series, I gotta get the previous ones. X3

any suggestions is appreciated.

ITOMARU
13th March 2010, 4:09 AM
Yeah, SoA is much better than the first. In the first, you have to draw loops around a Pokemon a set consecutive number of times, while in SoA they have a "HP bar", which means you don't have to do twenty loops in a row without stopping.
It's also bigger, has a nicer story, and optional quests that give your styler power-ups. It's better in a lot of ways. Ranger one is still good, though. And there are a few recurring characters that you have to play the first game to know.
All the Ranger games are good, but the later ones are far better.

Pansy :]
30th August 2010, 10:34 AM
i've only played the first one... but i've seen my friends play the other ones and figured its not worth my money

serebiifreak
13th October 2010, 1:37 AM
I only played ToL, but I found it very addicting.
Summer/Ben are hilarious.

Zachmac
23rd October 2010, 10:13 PM
TOL is the best.
It has time travel, legendary pokemon to ride, UFOs, Plasma Cannons, and Ukuleles!

ITOMARU
30th October 2010, 1:04 AM
Having now played Guardian Signs, I will say that it is the best of the three. AS people have said, it has time travel and riding legendary Pokemon. It also has many funny and interesting little characters, myes. And a new PokeAssist system! And Murph's in it, so how could it be bad?
And, of course, it has... Flying Segways that shoot balls of plasma! FLYING SEGWAYS!

Chimchar15
8th November 2010, 4:19 PM
Having now played Guardian Signs, I will say that it is the best of the three. AS people have said, it has time travel and riding legendary Pokemon. It also has many funny and interesting little characters, myes. And a new PokeAssist system! And Murph's in it, so how could it be bad?
And, of course, it has... Flying Segways that shoot balls of plasma! FLYING SEGWAYS!

That's good to know as I wanted to get ToL. I've played the first two and loved them. So far SoA is my fav of the two. The only thing I might have a problem with is the fact we can only have one partner again. I loved have 17 different ones in SoA.

lucario295
9th November 2010, 5:14 PM
i would have to say guardian signs though i was close to saying shadows of almia i just loved them both and i have beaten all three games

diamondpoppy
17th December 2010, 5:04 PM
i would say guardian signs is the best, especially the beginning.

Nightfall_
8th October 2011, 3:28 PM
ToL and SoA is pretty good, but I suggest you get ToL. They have flying segways that shoot laser beams, you get to ride on entei, you get to beat up arceus if you got Pledge To Arceus in time, hmm....Nema is hilarious, you get to battle mewtwo TWICE, Get to ride on latios/latias, Get a pichu who plays a ukalale, call ho-oh and save the world, and do other stuff. There. Im finished.

Zoruagible
9th October 2011, 10:37 PM
I liked Shadows of Almia the best.
Guardians is second.

AWSquared
23rd November 2011, 1:58 PM
I currently don't own any Pokemon Ranger Games. My main reason is because I didn't have a DS when any of the games were released. I didn't get one till sometime before buying HeartGold.

I would like to start playing them, so which Ranger game is good to start with?

Qmaz246
23rd November 2011, 2:16 PM
Uhh, the second, the first is ridiculously hard.

Zoruagible
23rd November 2011, 2:31 PM
Shadows of Almia, and Guardian Signs might be a good choice

Vali
23rd November 2011, 2:32 PM
Guardian Signs is really fun. Shadows of Almia is a bit harder, just don't get the first game (it's ridiculously hard).

alyssnreshiram
23rd November 2011, 3:26 PM
Hey guys! I was just wondering, which of the Pokemon Ranger games do you like best?

For me, it was Shadows of Almia. :)

Victory
23rd November 2011, 3:39 PM
Guardian Signs was so fun! I love it the most.

Zachmac
23rd November 2011, 4:21 PM
I like all three, but I picked Guardian signs for because of aerial battle.

PikaPika677
23rd November 2011, 4:52 PM
I liked Shadows of Almia because it came out during the Sinnoh saga. I just started Guadian Signs so yea......

Totokip
23rd November 2011, 4:54 PM
Guardian signs since it had the most diversity, though it was quite easy, at least compared to the first, and I've not played shadows of almia though.

Spidey
27th November 2011, 4:40 PM
Guardian Signs is the best game game in the franchise. It has a great plot with good pacing, hilarious characters, good gameplay, good graphics...

So, yeah, get Guardian Signs.

Zoruagible
2nd December 2011, 10:32 PM
I like Guardians Signs better

Aquarelle
5th December 2011, 11:55 PM
Shadows of Almia is my favourite of the Ranger games so far. I liked the story and loved the region.

Guardian Signs is a really fun game, too. I just wish that the Oblivia region was bigger.

The first Ranger was okay, but I really hated the capturing mechanics...

floatzel98
13th January 2012, 2:39 PM
Shadows of Almia was my favourite game as it was the one i played the most, even though i didn't play it that much.

The_Black_Mamba
17th January 2012, 8:15 PM
I prefer guardian signs for the story and the drawing of symbols. The symbols add an interesting mechanic to the already good formula.

Angeltripper
12th February 2012, 3:43 PM
I like guardian signs cause it has the past after you beat the main story

ConfusedEevee
22nd February 2012, 7:52 PM
I loved the first one, then shadows of almia dissapionted me. (no offense but it was too easy) so I never got around to play guardian signs. Is it worth it?

Angeltripper
23rd February 2012, 6:35 AM
I loved the first one, then shadows of almia dissapionted me. (no offense but it was too easy) so I never got around to play guardian signs. Is it worth it?

the main story in GS is easy, but the past is so challenging. been playing since last june and havent beat the final past boss yet

Nightfall_
23rd February 2012, 3:46 PM
Hey guys! I was just wondering, which of the Pokemon Ranger games do you like best?

For me, it was Shadows of Almia. :)

I have to admit, SOA was really good, though flying segway's outrules it by a lot.

iPokemon
22nd April 2012, 5:50 PM
Although all of the Pokemon Ranger games were good, the best would be Guardian Signs. The story line was good, and I liked the idea of drawing the symbols.

SuperPichu
22nd April 2012, 6:52 PM
Guardian signs. Pichu is the partner and I preferred the story to the others.

Aura Of Twilight
22nd April 2012, 6:59 PM
I liked the first pokemon ranger, as well as Shadows of Almia. The first game was really challenging, but you got to encounter a ton of legendaries. I liked the second alot because it was dramatic and because all the characters had to work together in order to save Almia.

I also thought Keith in Shadows of Almia made a cute couple with the female protaginist....

Shinku
22nd April 2012, 10:03 PM
Shadows of Almia, mainly because that's the only one I've played xDD

Serebii!
24th April 2012, 7:09 AM
Borrowed the first one it was alright and have played the beginning of Guardian Signs it also seems ok

Shadow Jirachi
27th April 2012, 12:44 PM
A lot of people underestimate the first Ranger game. Although the capture system is different, it's a really good fun game. (With plenty of shipping hints for RangerShipping fans like me. The Groudon mission, enough said. Likewise, you've got the Kyogre mission for the RazzleShipping/whatever Lunick/Aria is fans.)
I actually played the Ranger games backwards. (I played Guardian Signs first, then Shadows of Almia, then Ranger 1.)
I enjoyed them all, but I think I liked Shadows of Almia the least. Although a certain vice-boss of the evil team is a great villain, and I love the music, ESPECIALLY the one for the Cargo Ship/Oil Field Hideout theme! That's just plain awesome.
You know what I say? Get whatever one you can, they're all fun.

GalladeofSpades
1st May 2012, 9:45 PM
I loved both SoA and GS. The first one was too hard. ;.; But it was fun nonetheless.

It's hard for me to choose between the two: SoA had a GREAT storyline and some very good bosses and certain dificult captures that made you raeg quit (HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN) , but got a bit tiring by the end. GS, however, had an even BETTER storyline, with twists and turns at every corner, flying segways, a lot of mythology and my FAVOURITE villain pairing. However, the captures became a bit too easy with the assist changes (at least for me.). Please note that I am not taking the past missions in consideration.

I'd choose SoA over GS since it's a bit more balanced, but I lov'em both. It's your choice though.

Frozen Ghost
1st May 2012, 11:11 PM
Guardian Signs, in my opinion, is the best game by far; the story line is very good, and it has a few twists in it as well. Although the ending to Shadows of Almia was very interesting...
Out of all 3 though, Guardian Signs was the best.

MegaSerperior
1st May 2012, 11:21 PM
I'd say my favorite was Shadows of Almia with Guardian Signs being a very close second. I liked the graphics in Shadows of Almia better and the story.

xXLuminousNightXx
1st May 2012, 11:35 PM
I personally would say it's a mix between Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs.

For example, I LOVED the idea of starting at the Ranger school at the beginning of Almia, and the fact that you could choose your partner Pokemon (granted, it was only between 3 of them, but still, it was a choice), and you could get a couple other partner Pokemon throughout when you did some quests. I also loved the characters in Almia, like Keith and Rhythmi ^w^

And in Guardian Signs, the graphics were much better, the storyline was pretty epic, and Ukalele Pichu was SO. CUTE. Plus, it was amazing that you could be a god-like hero who could ride Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Latios/Latias, etc. Plus the little minigame series when you traveled back in time was awesome :3

I don't know if I could choose either one of those as my top fave, I liked both of them a lot :D

☭Secret_Shocker☭
7th May 2012, 2:06 PM
Guardian Signs is the best imo. The plot and the signs thingy are pretty awesome.

FairyWitch
30th May 2012, 4:40 PM
I liked shadow of alma better it was more missions for me to do and easier then the first one...the other game keeped hurting my hand from circling all day :/

corymatthews92
31st May 2012, 3:50 AM
Hands down, Shadows of Almia. Long, great missions, and much better than the first one. Guardian Signs was too easy and vague.

Mitzi
12th July 2012, 6:46 PM
In all honesty, I was disappointed in Guardian Signs. I didn't find it fun at all, it could have been much better, and I was unimpressed. On the other hand, Shadow of Almia was phenomenal! I fangirled over the characters and story, and I wanted to keep playing more and more. It was seriously addicting, and had the right amount of challenge to it. The original Pokemon Ranger was meh, it could have been improved too, but I want be too judgmental.

Hands down, Shadows of Almia. Long, great missions, and much better than the first one. Guardian Signs was too easy and vague.
I also agree with what was said in the quote.

CyberBlaziken
5th August 2012, 10:44 AM
I'd have to say the 1st one.

Schade
16th August 2012, 1:22 PM
I have only played Shadows of Almia, so I'll have to chooce that

Mr. Spock
25th September 2012, 12:01 AM
shadows of almia... i like the fact that u can choose your partner

TheNewChamp
9th December 2012, 10:16 PM
My favorite is pokémon ranger shadows of almia.
The story is awesome.
I really love the fact that you start as a school kid, then you become a ranger and in the end you become a top-ranger and you see back your old friends of the school.

Change is good
13th December 2012, 4:47 AM
Shadows of almia is the best IMO. I have great memories of me and Starly beating the bad guys and doing all of the post game.

Bolt the Cat
13th December 2012, 4:51 AM
Tough question. The first game was good, but a bit unfair with the difficulty at time (Salamence and Steelix anyone?). And Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs felt too similar to each other. It's probably between one of those two, but I'd have to take another look at Shadows of Almia before I can come to a conclusion, it's been too long since I played it.

yoshi1001
16th December 2012, 6:09 AM
Guardian signs reminds me of Mode 7 on SNES, so I have to go with that.

Pspaans
16th December 2012, 11:08 AM
it's hard to choose between GS and SoA, but I like SoA more because you start as a rookie, then become a ranger and then a top-ranger, and in GS there isn't any ranger rank at all! I still want to know if Ben & Summer are Top-Rangers or not... And my favorite is Darkrai, I just like the games with Darkrai in it's story.

Lacourt
29th December 2012, 3:46 AM
Shadows of Almia. I love the game. It has a long storyline, you can capture great pokémon, you start as rookie and ends as a top ranger.

spyro and sonic
12th January 2013, 9:23 PM
SoA is my personal favourite if only because I've played it the most.

Flo
19th January 2013, 6:12 PM
Despite most opinions here, I enjoyed the first game. It was the most challenging, and had some complex ways of capturing Pokémon (the regis). I lost it, though...

All that aside, The first game was my favorite.

Absol Wings
20th January 2013, 11:16 AM
I'm very very very fond of the first game, luved all the characters and...well I think the gameplay was better and more challenging when you weren't allowed to interrupt the "line" in order to catch pokemon...

But the 2nd was slightly better in my opinion. The characters were more developped, the story was more serious and more "complete", and I'll never forget the epic feeling of dread and challenge I got when climbing the tower to reach the big bad boss ^_^
BUT....the choosable "partner" pokemon were a baaad idea. It was sooo much better when you had only one.

The third...it wasn't exactly bad but...it wasn't anything special. I remember very little of it comapred to the other two, despite being the last one I played.

Mew The Gato
10th May 2013, 1:31 PM
I like Shadows Of Almia best, as we can have more than one Pokemon Partner there and they also change their moods! We can have Infernape follow us in that Game, too, unlike the others.

However, Guardian Signs is also close, as it lets us ride Legendary Pokemon, especially Suicune! It also allows your Pokemon Assistants to actually use their Moves... though they do not actually 'damage' the opponent.

Seles
10th May 2013, 1:47 PM
Guardian Signs. To me, its story and characters were far more interesting than the original and SoA.

Asuka
11th May 2013, 5:22 AM
I love Shadows of Almia because it had a better story and the characters seemed more interesting plus having Pachirisu as my pattern was awesome. ^^

Palamon
11th May 2013, 5:13 PM
Guardian Signs for a darker climax than the second game. The second game, imo, was the worst of this trio and Ranger one was boring.

☭Azimuth_055☣
11th May 2013, 9:00 PM
I liked Shadows of Almia the best because it has the best plot.

Lorde
5th June 2013, 12:46 AM
Shadows of Almia (or as I like to call it, Vatonage) was the better game in my opinion. Its plot was stronger and the game was a lot more challenging than the first Ranger game imo. I also liked the characters and the music, and I still play the Japanese version of the game when I'm bored. It's still a fun game.

Pokemon Robot
28th June 2013, 7:34 AM
My favorite was SoA. It took me 4 weeks to finish off Entei in the first game. 4 WEEKS. And Guardian signs wasn't as nearly long as SoA. I just really like things that are easy and long. Isn't that what fun is all about?

ToeyJoey
27th July 2013, 4:20 PM
Shadows of Almia was definitely better than the first game and I've never played the third one so... SoA. Loved the storyline.

Shymain
4th August 2013, 8:18 AM
I'd honestly have to say Pokčmon Ranger, because the original is always the best. Lol.

Akuroma
5th September 2013, 4:35 AM
Shadows of Almia, hands down, is my favorite because of those Drapion and Dusknoir battles. ;)