PDA

View Full Version : Advanceshipping General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Ditzy_Blonde
13th March 2004, 12:39 AM
Since the last thread was closed, I've decided to create a new one. This thread is dedicated to Advanceshipping, or romance between Ash and May. I know this particular shipping is fairly new, but it has already gained a fair number of supporters and fans. Please feel free to discuss any possible hints or possible hints! Please dont go off topic and have this thread closed like the other one :(.

To kick things off, how do you guys think Ash and May will express their love for each other? I think they should start off slow. You know, a little flirting here and there, filled with all sort of blushing. Then, it will all lead up to one big romantic scene. That would be nice! What do you guys think? :)

Chatsy
13th March 2004, 6:59 AM
I know that Ash is not the type for romance... so flirting?... nah.. blushing?... it's possible... big romantic scene? Likely not...

but I still believe that May will be the one throwing the hints.. like every other girl have done :p
I just don't see Ash as the type for romance... ever! it doesn't suit his... personality, or his style.. IMO anyway..

Ditzy_Blonde
14th March 2004, 4:14 AM
May throwing all the hints wouldn't tottaly suck, but I would like to see Ash not play the role of the typical clueless boy. He's capable of having romantic feelings Im sure.

WaterBlaster
14th March 2004, 4:24 AM
He's capable of having romantic feelings Im sure.

*lol* I'm pretty sure he is, but I think it might take some time before he realizes it! :D

Ditzy_Blonde
14th March 2004, 4:47 AM
*lol* I'm pretty sure he is, but I think it might take some time before he realizes it! :D

With two beautiful women like May and Misty chasing for his heart, he had better. :) I would love to see Ash showing a more romantic side towards May. They would make such a cute couple!

WaterBlaster
14th March 2004, 5:12 AM
With two beautiful women like May and Misty chasing for his heart, he had better. :)

:D True, but all is not lost. He has enjoyed the ocasional kiss or two he gets on the cheek by other girls. Plus, he did go pretty 'ga-ga' over Giselle's looks in "The School of Hard Knocks". :) So, maybe someday he will notice them...
Is May a shy person? When it comes to the 'love' subject? Because we all know Ash is 'dense' *lol* when it comes down to that, but what about May?

Ditzy_Blonde
14th March 2004, 6:06 AM
Is May a shy person? When it comes to the 'love' subject? Because we all know Ash is 'dense' *lol* when it comes down to that, but what about May?

I dont think so. In the Illumise and Volbeat episode (Forgot the title) She mentioned something about love being a beautiful thing. She even winked at Ash ^_~.

WaterBlaster
14th March 2004, 2:01 PM
I dont think so. In the Illumise and Volbeat episode (Forgot the title) She mentioned something about love being a beautiful thing. She even winked at Ash ^_~.

Oh, yeah! I've heard of that episode! (According to the main site, the japanese name is "Volbeat & Illumise! Dance of Love!"; episode number 318.) There's a picture of that somewhere in the last Advanceshipping thread, isn't there? :D And, of course, Ash looks as clueless as ever... *sighs*

May Ledian19
14th March 2004, 7:37 PM
I think Ash really loves May, but he's probably got one of those "I'm so big and strong and cool and could never be in love with any girl" attitudes. May, on the other hand, is the exact oppisite. I think that she is more shy than embarresed about her feelings. But in the Volbeat and Illumise episode, she when she winks, I think that was her way of saying "Ash, I'm in love with you!" :267:

Ditzy_Blonde
14th March 2004, 9:45 PM
Ah! That's so sweet! I wouldn't be suprised at all if the writers decided to go ahead with Advanceshipping. May is extremely popular in Japan, and her liking Ash could be a perfect excuse to keep her on the show (Even though she has her Contests, which are really cute).

WaterBlaster
14th March 2004, 10:41 PM
I think Ash really loves May, but he's probably got one of those "I'm so big and strong and cool and could never be in love with any girl" attitudes.

Really? I can't imagine Ash LOVING anybody... Maybe a crush, but loving? Humm...

...her liking Ash could be a perfect excuse to keep her on the show

Well, May is a great character. She doesn't really need another reason to stay! :)

xDarkNazgulx
15th March 2004, 2:23 AM
[QUOTE=WaterBlaster]Really? I can't imagine Ash LOVING anybody... Maybe a crush, but loving? Humm...

If u mean by "loving anybody" does that mean relatives too WaterBlaster?
I wonder if Ash did any winking to May during his adventures?

May Ledian19
15th March 2004, 11:26 PM
I don't know about Ash winking, but he's a suprising person, so you never know. May and Ash could be twins, they look so much alike. They are the perfect match. That's why they belong TOGETHER!! :036:

WaterBlaster
15th March 2004, 11:34 PM
If u mean by "loving anybody" does that mean relatives too WaterBlaster?

*lol* I obviously mean the romantic way, xDarkNazgulx. NO relatives are involved... :D

I don't know about Ash winking, but he's a suprising person, so you never know. May and Ash could be twins, they look so much alike. They are the perfect match. That's why they belong TOGETHER!!

Eww... That sounds freaky, because you said they could be twins AND they're the perfect match... :p Just kidding! I know what you mean! ;)

AdvAncEd_Grl
16th March 2004, 5:44 AM
I dont really think that Ash will be intereated in girls until he realizes that a girl says she likes him when he is a bit older, because boys are clueless when it comes to love sometimes, and girls are more interested in it that is why girls sometimes play match maker! I hope that May and Ash get together! And to Nintendo or whatever, why do you have to Ash so clueless???!!

Wolf Goddess
16th March 2004, 9:24 AM
Hmm... I think Ash could love a girl. If I wrote the show...*goes on and on about Ugila* But I think Ash and May would make a cute couple. Misty may (pun intended) not come back, and everyone else who has liked him have been a 1 shot that never have been featured again. Right now, May is the most likely.

WaterBlaster
16th March 2004, 6:59 PM
Hmm... I think Ash could love a girl.

I think he could too, but in the future... :p For now, he doesn't seem to care much.
Hey, I was watching "A Tail With a Twist" yesterday (BTW, it was SO cool! :D) and I thought of this:
Torchic was in trouble and Treecko saved it. But 'ya see, just a few minutes ago Max had said that a Pokémon's personality depended a lot on its trainer's personality. So think about it: Torchic (May) saved by Treecko (Ash)... It's not a hint, but kind of fun to think about. I like picking up stuff like this throughout the anime... :p

Chatsy
16th March 2004, 7:03 PM
:o
That is....TRUE!!! O_o;;;;;
And pretty cute when you think about it ^///////////////////^
Haven't though of that... nice done :p

WaterBlaster
16th March 2004, 7:16 PM
That is....TRUE!!! O_o;;;;;
And pretty cute when you think about it ^///////////////////^
Haven't though of that... nice done :p

*lol* Thank you. It's fun to do this. You all should try it! :p I'm not sure of what Max said EXACTLY, but it was something around those lines... :)

Chatsy
16th March 2004, 7:24 PM
Well, Prof. Oak said it too, for a LONG time ago... so it IS true! *shock*
*adds the theory to the hint list*
Ill still stick with the Torkoal episode where Ash saved May... that look she had on her face when Ash was saving her, was priceless!!

*~ Burakkii ~
16th March 2004, 7:49 PM
Guys you are pretty much mistaken for this whole "Advance Shipping Hints" Do you know there have'nt been any real or proper hints EVER !? -_-;;;

Do you think the writers just decided to chuck Misty away , never come back , kill AAML and decide that Ash was kind off brainwashed and tottaly forgot about Misty and just fell in love with May ? XD Trust me its not going to happen , Misty will be back , and i don't know how you can prove that Ash does not love her because just go count the hints. Ash said himself , that it was not a coincedence that they met which meant he was pointing there friendship to more as destiny rather and their farewell to each other before Hoen was a emotional one , Misty gave her the Hankerchief as a traditional sign of love (Read about the 14 hundreds)
and you do know that there was something in the Hankerchief a Japanese sign ect. well you do know that Ash will see that soon enough. I don't know how you can just push Misty out of the picture , its just not going to happen. Nuff said.

Chatsy
16th March 2004, 8:13 PM
Uhm... AFAIK then we're not meant to mention Misty here, since this is about Ash and May... you're obviously an AAML'er, so you should just scaddle over to the thread about that.. some here actually doesn't believe in AAML (like me) so we see nothing wrong in this shipping...

WaterBlaster
16th March 2004, 8:44 PM
Guys you are pretty much mistaken for this whole "Advance Shipping Hints" Do you know there have'nt been any real or proper hints EVER !? -_-;;;.

Well, I never said that the thing in "A Tail With a Twist" was a hint. It's just fun to think about little subtle ideas in the anime, that's all.

Do you think the writers just decided to chuck Misty away , never come back , kill AAML and decide that Ash was kind off brainwashed and tottaly forgot about Misty and just fell in love with May ? XD Trust me its not going to happen , Misty will be back , and i don't know how you can prove that Ash does not love her because just go count the hints. Ash said himself , that it was not a coincedence that they met which meant he was pointing there friendship to more as destiny rather and their farewell to each other before Hoen was a emotional one , Misty gave her the Hankerchief as a traditional sign of love (Read about the 14 hundreds)
and you do know that there was something in the Hankerchief a Japanese sign ect. well you do know that Ash will see that soon enough. I don't know how you can just push Misty out of the picture , its just not going to happen. Nuff said.

Okay, chill out first! *lol* I am a Pokéshipper (a HUGE one, BTW), but Advanceshipping could happen too. There are just as many chances for either to happen. :p
And I agree with Chatsy: this topic isn't supposed to be discussing Misty. You don't even have to support this ship to post here, but at least get into the spirit of it. Or, if you don't, then don't post at all, especially if you're gonna bash other people's hopes of a particular subject happening. Well, this is what I think people should do. :)

Wolf Goddess
17th March 2004, 8:03 AM
*~ Burakkii ~, get to the Pokeshipping thread. You're being rude. Waterblaster, cute theory about the Pokemon thing. I wonder (since it's obvious that the dubbers are Pokeshippers) they'll edit out Advanceshipping hints. I'll hurt someone if they do that. They hopefully won't though.

Kiori
17th March 2004, 8:15 AM
You can't really say that the dubbers are pokeshippers and that they'll edit out the Advanceshipping hints. After all, they can look towards Advanceshipping. Can change their minds about shippings. I don't even think they would cut out the Advanceshipping hints, if Japan has one. After all, I think there are as much Advanceshippers as Pokeshippers. But I do agree with WaterBlaster that that person shouldn't have said that, even if he/she is a Pokeshipper. -.-

I would like to see a hint soon, for Advanceshipping to convince me enough to support it a bit more. I do support it... but only a little. But... even when Ash is dense at this time, I think he's not as dense as he used to back when he started his own journey. But it'll be cute to see a scene where Ash blushes, when someone said something about May that affects him, to go in a state of... you know...

Geodude
17th March 2004, 8:54 AM
Guys you are pretty much mistaken for this whole "Advance Shipping Hints" Do you know there have'nt been any real or proper hints EVER !? -_-;;;

Consider this your ONLY warning. Read the rules, genius, there is to be NO bashing of ships in this forum. One more infraction out of you and you're banned.

Shutterfly
17th March 2004, 8:56 AM
*~ Burakkii ~, if you're a Pokeshipper, get your fat ***** back to that thread. You're being as rude as an AP.

Woah..Wait a minute..

Who are the mods here?? >> << >>

* checks ForumLeaders *

Nope,no Shining Sierra....So next time.. Leave that sort of comments to the mods please,
That was bashing. DONT do that again..

Cayenne

Geo XD Sorry,You did beat me in 2 minutes difference. Oh well,Sorry! *bows* but this was also bashing ^^;

Wolf Goddess
17th March 2004, 9:09 AM
Sorry Cayenne. I was mad. I lost my temper. Sorry. I edited it.

Chatsy
17th March 2004, 4:43 PM
But it'll be cute to see a scene where Ash blushes, when someone said something about May that affects him, to go in a state of... you know...
OMG I would love that!!! ^////^
That would be really cute!
*pictures it in the head, and squals*
*gets jealous, and rushes into day dream, and drags Ash away*
*gets back to reality*
erm, where were we? /^^;;;;;

Eternal Eievui
17th March 2004, 6:06 PM
Guys you are pretty much mistaken for this whole "Advance Shipping Hints" Do you know there have'nt been any real or proper hints EVER !? -_-;;; Watch AG.

Do you think the writers just decided to chuck Misty away , never come back , kill AAML and decide that Ash was kind off brainwashed and tottaly forgot about Misty and just fell in love with May ? Why not? The writers write what they want. Matter not; shipping or not. Its ratings.

XD Trust me its not going to happen , Misty will be back , and i don't know how you can prove that Ash does not love her because just go count the hints. ¬¬ Hints only help; its not all.

Ash said himself , that it was not a coincedence that they met which meant he was pointing there friendship to more as destiny rather and their farewell to each other before Hoen was a emotional one,Emotional; as a friendship. I guess its destiny too for Satoshi to meet Haruka, eh? Get it?

Misty gave her the Hankerchief as a traditional sign of love (Read about the 14 hundreds)
and you do know that there was something in the Hankerchief a Japanese sign ect. well you do know that Ash will see that soon enough. I don't know how you can just push Misty out of the picture , its just not going to happen. Nuff said. I haven't seen Kasumi actually help so far. She only appeared in 2 eps, where Satoshi didn't mention anything about the Hankerchief. Fine, Kasumi gave him cloth, it is a sign of love. Some people don't care about that. Look at Satoshi; and if that's not enough since its from Pocket Monsters. Watch Sailor Moon S. When Makoto's heart crystal is taken. And the monster is made out of a handkerchief from a girl(thought to be guy); she liked.

Okies, now back to topic. (Sorry for the SMS thing)

WaterBlaster
18th March 2004, 6:45 PM
But it'll be cute to see a scene where Ash blushes, when someone said something about May that affects him, to go in a state of... you know...

Or May. I know some Ash hints would do anybody good, no matter what ship(s) they support :p, but something coming from May would be nice aswell. I know, I know... May says "Yes!" in the first AG episode, and she blinks at him in the Volbeat and Ilumise episode... But I'm talking about new hints. Which one was the latest?

Shiny May
18th March 2004, 7:27 PM
IMO I think that the Ash saving May while she's hanging on a tree branch is a great hint !!!!
Just look at those pics !!! May is hanging on a tree branch and neither Max or Brock does a thing and Ash doesn't hesitate for 1 moment. he immediately tries to save her

I think this is a hint, since they also think that when Misty saved Ash was a pokeshipping hint. So I think this is a true Advanceshipping hint

Murgatroyd
18th March 2004, 7:46 PM
MO I think that the Ash saving May while she's hanging on a tree branch is a great hint !!!!
Just look at those pics !!! May is hanging on a tree branch and neither Max or Brock does a thing and Ash doesn't hesitate for 1 moment. he immediately tries to save her

I think this is a hint, since they also think that when Misty saved Ash was a pokeshipping hint. So I think this is a true Advanceshipping hint
You can look at the pics. I'll look at the episode.
May falls, and grabs the nearest Convenient Branch™.
Up top, the other three immediately decide what to do. They tie a rope to Torkoal, who will serve as an anchor. Then Ash (the only one there who is both strong enough and light enough) goes down on the rope, with both Brock and Max holding it up top, to control the rate of descent and pull the two up.

I hardly consider simply saving a friend's life to be an indication of romance. There are other circumstances surrounding Misty saving Ash which I do consider hints, but this thread isn't the place to discuss them. If you want to debate them, I'm more than willing to defend in Pokéshipping General.

Shiny May
18th March 2004, 7:57 PM
i think it might just be the way you look at it.

WaterBlaster
18th March 2004, 9:57 PM
*nods* Yeah, I agree with Murgatroyd here. I haven't watched the episode myself, I'll admit, but it's kind of hard to think that you don't care if a friend of yours/your sister is hanging only onto a branch to keep from falling into a dark, deep hole. I don't think Brock and Max wouldn't care about the situation...

i think it might just be the way you look at it.

Well, we're different people, so we're allowed to have different opinions, right? :D
*ahem* Back to Ash and May...

Wolf Goddess
19th March 2004, 7:32 AM
I think it could be considered a hint. I mean, Misty saved Ash in Pokemon 2000, this is similar circumstances if you look at it right. It's like some people about Ash's Larvitar. Some people say that he didn't catch it, because he never put it into a Pokeball. But Misty never put Togepi/Togetic in a Pokeball either. It's just a matter of how one looks at it. So, how many hints total? 3, 4? I think 3. Ash and May are good about hiding their feelings...

Geodude
19th March 2004, 7:38 AM
Even without seeing the episode (which I have, but even if I didn't), it's pretty clear. Ash was the one to save her because he had the best combination of light weight and strenght. Max was the lightest, but also the weakest, he couldn't hold onto her. Brock was the heaviest and strongest, but Ash would probably have a hard time pulling him up. (Max is there too, but c'mon, how much help could an 8-year-old kid really be for something like that?) So Ash was the obvious choice. Considering the situation, definitely not an AdvanceShipping hint.

The Misty saving Ash hints certainly did have different circumstances. And yeah, this isn't the thread to discuss them.

Chatsy
19th March 2004, 4:13 PM
indeed they ain't supposed to be discussed here!
*pushes AAML discussion over to their rightful place*
Okay... can anyone come with as many hints between Ash and May as possible?
I only know of the "YES!" from the first episode, and I do consider the Tormoal episode as a hint, no matter how you people put it...
I've yet to find any more...

Wolf Goddess
20th March 2004, 6:29 AM
The Volbeat and Illumise eppie. May says: "Love is a wonderful thing" and winks at Ash. I know why Ash is clueless about love! He's a baby Ho-oh! Well, it's an explination. Becides, it's not like Delia has a great love life...

Geodude
20th March 2004, 9:14 AM
and I do consider the Tormoal episode as a hint, no matter how you people put it...

Fine. Just don't bring it up if you're trying to defend AdvanceShipping. Anyone who knows what they're talking about would only point and laugh.

Chatsy
20th March 2004, 11:23 AM
True, but I used it as my opinion.. not the "oh the only true reason that they should've been together OMG" stuff.... I know that people have each their opinions...
*sees that I spelled Torkoal wrong* O_o;;;;; damn those typos...

zeroX20
21st March 2004, 11:34 PM
Even without seeing the episode (which I have, but even if I didn't), it's pretty clear. Ash was the one to save her because he had the best combination of light weight and strenght. Max was the lightest, but also the weakest, he couldn't hold onto her. Brock was the heaviest and strongest, but Ash would probably have a hard time pulling him up. (Max is there too, but c'mon, how much help could an 8-year-old kid really be for something like that?) So Ash was the obvious choice. Considering the situation, definitely not an AdvanceShipping hint.

The Misty saving Ash hints certainly did have different circumstances. And yeah, this isn't the thread to discuss them.

you guys dont think to much of this. in a dire situation u have no time to think who is heavier and who is lighter. in the episode did they actually say ok sense ash is both strong and light he should go and get may. they didn't talk about it ash is one of those people who jumps the gun and goes for it. he got a rope wich brock max took the other and to and he went down to get her. it may or not be a hint but it does show that he cares about May. that's it

Murgatroyd
21st March 2004, 11:52 PM
They didn't need to stop to talk about it, or even think about it. Trainers who have been traveling together as long as Ash and Brock know immediately how to divide the labor in a situation like this.
And for your information, they did stop long enough to ask Torkoal to help.

Geodude
22nd March 2004, 7:06 AM
Indeed, and that would come naturally to anyone who is experienced at hiking and such, like they are. Besides, that's the type of thing that a quick, logical decision can be made on.

Wolf Goddess
24th March 2004, 6:37 AM
Getting off of this, how many hints has there been? I think around 3. I'm not sure though.

Shutterfly
24th March 2004, 7:28 AM
I think that we can only add the first one to it,and I am not even sure about that one.
I mean the one when she said:Yes,when she joined him on his adventure. I don't know if we can call that a hint,because I still think that she was just happy to have company,but for Advanceshippers here,that could be a hint.

Wolf Goddess
24th March 2004, 7:31 AM
In the Vobeat&Illumise eppie, didn't she say "love is a wonderful thing" and then wink at Ash? Or not? That would definitly be a hint.

(¦)§ Myš†
24th March 2004, 7:50 AM
lol there wont be any real adv hits while max is there im a huge adv shipper but even i know noting kills game like ur lil sis or bro being there

*btw sign check i wonder if it worked*

Wolf Goddess
24th March 2004, 7:58 AM
He kinda has a point. If May ever gave alot of hints, Max would be down her throat.

CyberCubed
27th March 2004, 2:15 PM
He kinda has a point. If May ever gave alot of hints, Max would be down her throat.

Ugh, did you really have to phrase it like that, with "Max down her throat?" That put an awful image in my head. :p

But yeah, Max would definitely tease her if she ever openly liked anyone for that matter.

Chatsy
27th March 2004, 2:34 PM
Yeah, knowing the relationships between siblings, Max will indeed be on May's back (sounds better than throat XD) for the rest of the series!
But what about Ash? Don't you think that Brock will either snicker, if Ash suddenly got interested in the opposite gender? Or do you think he'll get jealous, when/if Ash and May gets together? XD
I can just see it coming! Brock freaking out, because Ash, the boy who is younger and normally wasn't that much interested in the opposite gender, suddenly got a girlfriend! How ironic!

CyberCubed
27th March 2004, 4:54 PM
Well Brock was shocked and sort of jealous when Latias kissed Ash.

If Ash showed interest in May I don't think he would mind...too much.

Geodude
27th March 2004, 8:22 PM
I think he'd be very jealous. :p "Sort of" jealous when Latias kissed Ash, Cyber? The exact quote was:

Misty: "Wait...was that Bianca...or Latias?"
Brock: "I don't know...but I am SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!"

Kiori
27th March 2004, 9:02 PM
Well... Since this is about siblings matter that Max would tease May if she show any clues that she likes Ash... I do have to say that Max could just not tease her about it. As me being the littlest sister in the family... I had never teased my older siblings about who my siblings likes. On the other hand... my older siblings are the one that teases... so from this, Max could just not tease May. Well... if that's the case, she's the one that thinks that Max would tease her. That's what I think about older siblings thinks when they wouldn't tell me about it. So.... it could be that it's just May that thinks that Max might tease her about it, if she shows any clues as to that she likes Ash.

Eternal Eievui
30th March 2004, 1:11 AM
I think Masato would like seeing Satoshi and Haruka together... He helped her through a lot. So, Masato would really support it... Ah, and of course, their parents would get along. The pokemon would too. Kasumi and Haruka seemed okay when they met... Not too happy, nor mad, not even sad...

Geodude
30th March 2004, 1:37 AM
Yeah but they didn't exactly meet under the most ideal of circumstances, considering what went on in the episodes. They didn't get a chance to talk all that much. I wonder what would have happened if they did get to talk for a while... :p

Wolf Goddess
30th March 2004, 5:11 AM
You know, wouldn't it be funny if Delia doesn't want Ash with May? Think about it.

Shutterfly
30th March 2004, 7:54 AM
You know, wouldn't it be funny if Delia doesn't want Ash with May? Think about it.

Why would she want that? x.X or do you think that Ash would listen to that?
No way:P
Most teenagers are stubborn and I know a few one who would do exactly the opposite of what their mother wants,so I dont think that Delia has something to say in here :D

*runs*

(¦)§ Myš†
30th March 2004, 7:57 AM
lol wow im shocked peopel agree with my point of veiw. Yeah it would be funny if Delia would not want Ash with May, But she saports Ash in everythign and i dont think his choice of girl would be any dif. Come on she let him go out travling at the age of 10 enought said =Ţ

Shutterfly
30th March 2004, 8:26 AM
lol wow im shocked peopel agree with my point of veiw. Yeah it would be funny if Delia would not want Ash with May, But she saports Ash in everythign and i dont think his choice of girl would be any dif. Come on she let him go out travling at the age of 10 enought said =Ţ

Myst,for the love of God,can you watch your spellings and Grammar x.X

It's very hard to read sometimes,and I am not the first one who is saying this!
Thank you

Rockman_Neo
30th March 2004, 1:34 PM
Ash has fellings now?!man,I really need to see teh show.only prob is I don't even get WB..

Chatsy
30th March 2004, 3:53 PM
Uhm wha?! @_@
That post confused me!
Anyway, I doubt that Delia would go against a relationship between Ash and May... I mean, I think that she would be happy that her son had finally found true love! And she doesn't seem like the person who goes like "I will NOT let you be with her!" etc... She's to nice dammit!
Besides, Ash respect his mother, so he would go in doubt, IF she went like that! But who knows what could happen? Hormornes can effect people in some certain way!

WaterBlaster
30th March 2004, 6:15 PM
Delia's SO nice! :D I don't think she would wanna stop her son from loving somebody else... Actually, I think she'd help him win her heart! That'd be so cute! *lol*

Eternal Eievui
30th March 2004, 9:46 PM
Ash has fellings now?!man,I really need to see teh show.only prob is I don't even get WB..
Watch TVTokyo then... and learn! :P
Anyway, Satoshi's mother isn't that evil. I actually think she would set up the wedding with Haruka's mother. Too bad Senri would be the only "known" grandfather...

Wolf Goddess
31st March 2004, 12:48 AM
But the last time she fell in love with someone, she ended up with Ash! Not something you would want happening. Not that she wouldn't trust Ash, but she doesn't know May. Like this:

Delia: May reminds me of me *smiles...thinks* WAH!!!

Rockman_Neo
31st March 2004, 11:46 AM
I"M NOT IN JAPAN!!!!!!![I wish I was,though]I live in stupid old Virginia,and I don't get WB....
and Ash is...like 14,May is 10....Misty would be better for Ash
and if your friend was about to die,wouldn't you atleast try something?the Torkoal cliff thing was not a hint.period*runs from angry mob*

Chatsy
31st March 2004, 2:41 PM
If you believe in Pokeshipping, then you're at the wrong place... there's a discussion for that shipping here too ya know! -_-;;;;

I doubt that Delia would think that Ash would turn out as his father... I mean...really..We all know that Ash would never do such a thing!
But I bet she'll stay as embarrasing as she always was/is for Ash, like:
Delia: Oh Ash I'm so happy for you! Remember to make her happy, and..
Ash: *blushes embarrased* Mo-om!
Max/Brock: *snicker*

Now THAT I could see happening! XD

(¦)§ Myš†
31st March 2004, 4:28 PM
I"M NOT IN JAPAN!!!!!!![I wish I was,though]I live in stupid old Virginia,and I don't get WB....
and Ash is...like 14,May is 10....Misty would be better for Ash
and if your friend was about to die,wouldn't you atleast try something?the Torkoal cliff thing was not a hint.period*runs from angry mob*

Offensive post deleted. You really need to learn how to read. The rules thread is there for a reason. Expect a ban soon. --Geodude

MistyWaterflower
31st March 2004, 5:12 PM
Really people, breathe, all of you! I'm a Pokeshipper, don't flame me! (covers hands with head) And although I've not seen any hints for Advanceshipping (I never saw that epi you mentioned earlier, sorry) I thought I'd come post. They are kind of cute together, but frankly, sometimes, May reminds me of Ash. In a bad way. Cos...y'know, she makes the mistakes he made - I don't mean the honest mistake, ones, the ones where I wanted to bash him around the head in the very early episodes.

But anyway. As for 4 kids being Pokeshippers, I don't think that's entirely accurate. They are just Shippers, full stop. They will IMHO play up nay shipping hints to appeal to a wider audience.

Oh, yeah, and, person above me? Can't pronounce your name. Unfortunately not all Advanceshippers are as polite as you, and come and flame the Pokeshipping boards. (grimaces) But you guys all seem sane, and I haven't said anything too stupid, so I'll now quit while I'm ahead.

Oh, but I reckon Delia would be very supportive of any ship. She wants her son to be happy.

Wolf Goddess
1st April 2004, 1:56 AM
Originally posted by Chatsy
I doubt that Delia would think that Ash would turn out as his father...

I mean, we don't know who did what. Delia could be worried that May might 'do' something. I'm trying to keep this as G as possible, but it might be like Ben&Marina.

Rockman_Neo
1st April 2004, 3:42 AM
I"M NOT A POKESHIPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BLAHGRAGRAGRAGRAGRAG!!!!! !*goes mad*.....I dislike any thing involving Ash liking someone....what gave you the idea that I was a pokeshipper?and mist,I could report you for fleming...I think I'll do that..REPORTED"D

Geodude
1st April 2004, 4:31 AM
Calm down with the posts, Rockman Neo. Seriously, this thread is starting to turn into one big argument.

The first AdvanceShipping thread was already closed. This thread is heading in the same direction. Keep this up and you AdvanceShippers will have NOWHERE to post. This is your ONLY warning.

Chatsy
1st April 2004, 6:34 AM
Oy this always happens -_-;;;;;

Rockman_Neo: I thought you were a pokeshipper, because you said this:

Misty would be better for Ash

You could've at least said "I'm not a pokéshipper or anything, but..." first, or else people WILL get the wrong idea! <_<

I mean, we don't know who did what. Delia could be worried that May might 'do' something. I'm trying to keep this as G as possible, but it might be like Ben&Marina.

Oh yeah.. But then again, who knows how Delia would take it? All we know is that she just wants Ash to be happy... But how happy is another story!

Wolf Goddess
1st April 2004, 6:41 AM
Excactly! How happy and "how" happy. She might be worried May might get some idea or something, as I don't think May has met Ash's mom.

Shutterfly
1st April 2004, 6:42 AM
*wakes up and sees this thread*

X_x

Let's get back to topic and dont argue with eachother.Completely unneccesary and pointless,if you ask me. If you dont like pokeshipping,then dont say anything there,and if you dont like Advanceshipping,then be quiet here.

Cayenne

Rockman_Neo
1st April 2004, 1:19 PM
well,mist WAS flamming me...and I dispise being accused of being a pokeshipper...

Shutterfly
1st April 2004, 2:36 PM
well,mist WAS flamming me...and I dispise being accused of being a pokeshipper...

I said: Drop it..

Discuss it through pm's,but let it go here.
And btw, being called a pokeshipper is no accusement,neither is being a Advanceshipper,so BACK TO TOPIC
¬¬

Shiny May
1st April 2004, 4:41 PM
yeah ! stop arguing ! It's an ADVANCESHIPPING discussion. Remember,no talk about being a pokeshipper or anything.

I am a true advanceshipper. And with this upcoming battle, i wonder how it will go !!

Geodude
1st April 2004, 4:52 PM
I just hope May doesn't get too confident over her recent victory. Under fair conditions, Ash has much more experience and should easily win. Still, I have to wonder if this battle will affect AdvanceShipping at all.

Chatsy
1st April 2004, 5:42 PM
If the battle have to affect the shipping, then I hope it'll be in the good way..
I mean if Ash loses, then it's not that he'll hold a grudge, would it? And May is.... well, I can't sau how she'll take it, but I doubt that she'll get sad/angry at Ash, for losing (if she's the one to lose)

Hikarii
3rd April 2004, 10:19 PM
I know that Ash is not the type for romance... so flirting?... nah.. blushing?... it's possible... big romantic scene? Likely not...

but I still believe that May will be the one throwing the hints.. like every other girl have done :p
I just don't see Ash as the type for romance... ever! it doesn't suit his... personality, or his style.. IMO anyway..

Whee.. I agree.. XD Anyway, I think Advanceshipping is kind of cute. I don't know if I really support it, though. I mean, I can see May throwing a few hints here and there, but I can't see Ash actually getting the picture. (Same goes for Pokeshipping)

Uh.. Hope I wasn't shipping-bashing or soemthing like that.. x.x;

What episode was this? o.o;

WaterBlaster
4th April 2004, 1:18 AM
What episode was this? o.o;

It's an episode about a Torkoal.
Who, BTW, Ash catches! :D

Eternal Eievui
4th April 2004, 1:37 AM
Even without seeing the episode (which I have, but even if I didn't), it's pretty clear. Ash was the one to save her because he had the best combination of light weight and strenght. Max was the lightest, but also the weakest, he couldn't hold onto her. Brock was the heaviest and strongest, but Ash would probably have a hard time pulling him up. (Max is there too, but c'mon, how much help could an 8-year-old kid really be for something like that?) So Ash was the obvious choice. Considering the situation, definitely not an AdvanceShipping hint
Umm, by judging in anime... Look at Sailor Moon S, where U-Ikasamun(sp?) is summoned. Hotaru got Chibi-Usa, and she held her for a long time... And she really didn't fall, until the other Senshi surprised them... So, there wouldn't really any "right" choice since there isn't much difference. Plus, what does the anime have to be so right? The show isn't about Physics...
Anyway... o.o
In AG70, Haruka was actually cheering for Satoshi, and not Senri. When Senri was winning, everyone awed but Haruka. If Satoshi began winning, Haruka began smiling.

Wolf Goddess
4th April 2004, 1:38 AM
Really? That's a hint, no matter what.

ultimatecharizard
4th April 2004, 3:09 AM
If that's true than I'm a happy man today! There is still hope alive that Ash and May will get together! Just hope Ash realizes what's happening soon.

Chatsy
4th April 2004, 8:45 AM
She smiled?! O_o;;;;
Okay, I'll take that as a hint! (my opinion as a hint, not the "OMG THE BESTEST PROOF EVAR" thing)
I mean, I know that Max rooted for his dad, but I wasn't sure about who May supported... But this sounds sweet!
But in the episode, it also proved that Ash still doesn't understand romance that well! XD He didn't suspect anything between Norman and Joy, until Joy mentioned something about Norman being..cute? o to say, Ash didn't notice anything until the practically obvious! So I doubt that Ash will understand any hints from May until further notice :p

Chatsy
4th April 2004, 3:57 PM
...er wha?
It hasn't been proved that Ash loves anyone from what I've seen....

And really, knowing Ash, I doubt that he'll get it even if anyone kissed him! ^___^
That's just how he is! And DAMN cute and funny by that! XD

ultimatecharizard
4th April 2004, 4:00 PM
If Ash is really that dense. -_- Then at the end of Hoenn have Brock and Ash leaving to go back to Kanto leaving May and Max and have May run up to Ash kiss him, tell him she loves him and says he's not leaving her in Hoenn!

Shutterfly
4th April 2004, 4:09 PM
Last warning.

Stay on topic here and dont SPAM.

Peach,you are spamming like hell lately. Change that and read the rules or you will get into trouble.
One more moron post and this thread goes bye bye.

and Pokeshippers,dont spam on purpose here.Do that and you can expect a ban

Cayenne

WaterBlaster
4th April 2004, 4:47 PM
*sweatdrops* Well, on the subject of Advanceshipping:
http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v116/waterblaster/ashmay.gif
Do you guys like it? I know I think it's cute! :) I made it myself... :D
And a little message to the Advanceshippers: don't just stand there! Do something! Or else this thread will be closed! AGAIN!

ultimatecharizard
4th April 2004, 4:56 PM
I like it, it's cute! :D

Chatsy
4th April 2004, 5:22 PM
Awww, I love that sprite! It looks so.... shippy!
So I'm at a loss of words! Sue me! XD

And really... I'm getting tired that pokeshippers (some of them) and other ignorant people come here, and spam this topic up, ruining it all for us Advanceshippers! If you don't like this shipping, then STAY THE HECK AWAY! Jeez! ¬¬

*claps hands* Okay! _Back on the shipping! I saw a bit of the 6th movie in japanese, and I just thought of this.. do any of you people think that May wished about a "certain person"? *hint hint nudge nudge*

ultimatecharizard
4th April 2004, 6:38 PM
Hopefully she did!

What does everyone think of how I think Hoenn should end blurb farther up?

lily_angel
4th April 2004, 8:01 PM
Oh, I think May and Ash are a really cute couple! And Waterblaster that banner is just lovely. And I think that banned girl..what her name was again...Oh, Peach..I think she didn't want hurt anyone, maybe she was lost in wrong forum. My friend did that one time (not in Serebii) and he was banned too. Poor little Peach...don't do that again.
But I was saing Hoennshipping is just cute shippy.

Geodude
4th April 2004, 10:21 PM
Wow, I'm sick for a day and look what I missed... :O Let's see if I can get that sprite to actually show up:

http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v116/waterblaster/ashmay.gif

BTW, you guys can actually post pics here, even though the IMG code is off...I don't understand why it is, but there are other options. Just use either [img135], [img200], [img240], or [img300] tags, depending on the size of the pic.

Looks like I missed a bit of trouble here too...OK, to follow up from my earlier warning: Any more trouble with bashing, off-topic-ness, or anything else on this thread, and AdvanceShipping discussions will be completely banned from this forum for a week.

WaterBlaster
4th April 2004, 11:34 PM
Thanks, Geodude! I fixed it! :D

*claps hands* Okay! _Back on the shipping! I saw a bit of the 6th movie in japanese, and I just thought of this.. do any of you people think that May wished about a "certain person"? *hint hint nudge nudge*

Possibly, but since I've never seen the movie myself... *shrugs*

Keira
5th April 2004, 12:11 AM

I saw the movie and I think she wished for good luck on her contests meaning that now she is improving as a coordinator and trainer.

ultimatecharizard
5th April 2004, 12:17 AM
I read the review of AG70 and May doesn't know who she wants to cheer for so she says she'll be neutral. After awhile she tells Ash to get back in there and Brock said she said she was going to be neutral so May covers her mouth and blushs!

Kiori
5th April 2004, 12:30 AM
I just read the guide for AG70. It didn't say that she blushed, when Brock reminded her. She just covered her mouth. That's all. And I didn't she her blushing in the episode pic. o_o;;

WaterBlaster
5th April 2004, 12:41 AM
I just read the guide for AG70. It didn't say that she blushed, when Brock reminded her. She just covered her mouth. That's all. And I didn't she her blushing in the episode pic. o_o;;

Yep. Me neither. See here:
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/346ps5.shtml
Apparently, no blushing.

Geodude
5th April 2004, 12:44 AM
Hmmm...I'm trying to get ahold of this episode now, but I may not be able to get it until tomorrow. Unless Murg beats me to it, I can at least report on the general tone of that scene.

Wolf Goddess
5th April 2004, 1:03 AM
Can't wait for it Geodude! I doubt that she blushed though, but still, yelling for Ash to "get back in there" is a hint. The sprite's cute WaterBlaster!

ultimatecharizard
5th April 2004, 1:21 AM
I SWEAR I can see her blushing! It's barely there but she's blushing. Look under her eyes carefully in that pic and then in the one before it and you and you can tell!

I KNOW it's there!

But it doesn't say that in the review.

Geodude
5th April 2004, 1:23 AM
Quite the fanboy, aren't you? :p Don't insist on something that can be easily proven or disproven by someone who's actually seen the episode. :p

Update: Getting the episode quicker than I thought. I only know a handful of Japanese words, but like I said, I can at least tell you guys what the general tone of that scene was and stuff.

Wolf Goddess
5th April 2004, 2:25 AM
Great! Like I said though, I don't think she would have blushed.

Geodude
5th April 2004, 6:40 AM
OK I can confirm that at no time in that episode did May blush. She simply covered her mouth, as mentioned. Embarassment? Obviously. An AdvanceShipping hint? Probably not. Still, it's intriguing that she was at least partially on Ash's side.

Murgatroyd
5th April 2004, 7:13 AM
I read the review of AG70 and May doesn't know who she wants to cheer for so she says she'll be neutral. After awhile she tells Ash to get back in there and Brock said she said she was going to be neutral so May covers her mouth and blushs!
It's nice that GN is back, but I'm beginning to think we'd be better off without him writing those guides. That isn't what happened in that scene at all. Pikachu has just taken a direct hit from Yarukimono's Flamethrower, and Haruka shouts for him to switch pokemon. Takeshi says "No, if he switches, his one remaining pokemon is...", and Haruka, realizing just how bad her advice was, covers her mouth in shock and embarrassment.

Geodude
5th April 2004, 7:18 AM
And that would be further reason why that scene was not an AdvanceShipping hint, since she wasn't even cheering for Ash at the time. Thanks for clearing that up.

(Murg: Have you contacted GN about that at all?)

Pokemon Neo
6th April 2004, 7:43 PM
I'm not what you call a full fledged advanceshipper (although I do think Ash and May might make a good couple as well),but doesn't the fact that she *did* favor Ash in the battle prove it's a hint? This is a lot like "Misty Meets Her Match" where Misty chose to root for Ash instead of Rudy IMO.In that episode,Misty basically came down hard on Ash's battle strategy and in the latest AG ep,May unknowingly tried to give Ash some bad advice to help in his battle.

But it's pretty obvious that both May and Misty had good intentions and both were rooting for Ash to win.

I don't know,this sure seems like an advanceshippy hint to me.

BTW,since I'm already here,has anyone considered the ship 'Butterflyshipping' to be another alternative naming of Advanceshipping? I was thinking back,and I realized that both Ash and May's first fully evolved Pokemon were butterflys.Butterfree for Ash,and Beautifly for May.

Keira
6th April 2004, 9:20 PM
I'm not what you call a full fledged advanceshipper (although I do think Ash and May might make a good couple as well),but doesn't the fact that she *did* favor Ash in the battle prove it's a hint? This is a lot like "Misty Meets Her Match" where Misty chose to root for Ash instead of Rudy IMO.In that episode,Misty basically came down hard on Ash's battle strategy and in the latest AG ep,May unknowingly tried to give Ash some bad advice to help in his battle.

But it's pretty obvious that both May and Misty had good intentions and both were rooting for Ash to win.

I don't know,this sure seems like an advanceshippy hint to me.

BTW,since I'm already here,has anyone considered the ship 'Butterflyshipping' to be another alternative naming of Advanceshipping? I was thinking back,and I realized that both Ash and May's first fully evolved Pokemon were butterflys.Butterfree for Ash,and Beautifly for May.

The thing is that in episode AG 70 and misty meets her match has a difference in MMHM it was a random boy that that has no relation to misty however norman is may's dad so there is a difference so I wouldn't consider as a hint sicne Rudy was in love with misty and wanted her to stay and she didn't since rooting for ash gave him the answer while may was like rooting for both and wasn't like a situation of love or anything like that.

btw, to discuss of new shippings go to the what's this ship called thread

Shutterfly
7th April 2004, 9:03 AM
The thing is that in episode AG 70 and misty meets her match has a difference in MMHM it was a random boy that that has no relation to misty however norman is may's dad so there is a difference so I wouldn't consider as a hint sicne Rudy was in love with misty and wanted her to stay and she didn't since rooting for ash gave him the answer while may was like rooting for both and wasn't like a situation of love or anything like that.

btw, to discuss of new shippings go to the what's this ship called thread

KokiriGirl,can you please watch your grammar and use comma's,points and Capitals? @.@;

I dont know if this could be a hint. I think not. the thing with Rudy and Misty was a complete different point then what some people here are mentioning.

*Still waits for a real hint*

WaterBlaster
8th April 2004, 7:51 PM
Okay, I was thinking about this yesterday. No need to reply to this or anything, but I just thought it'd be fun to let you all think about it: Isn't Veronica Taylor both Ash's and May's voice actor (or "actress", in this case)? Wouldn't that mean she can create Advanceshippy moments all by herself? *lol*
P.S. I don't mean in the actual anime. I mean as in if you close your eyes, she creates a dialogue between the two, says it and you picture them together, well, it'd be the same thing! Get it? :D
*lol* She's lucky... She can "control" them!

CyberCubed
9th April 2004, 2:10 AM
^ Yeah, but the 4kids execs will probably tell her to stick to the script. SOmetimes VA's are allowed to add in their own lines, but with the limited lip movements and the short 22 minute episodes that they are, I don't really think she could add much hints.

Besides the way Ash and May talk to each other. She could have May or Ash speak to each other at some points with a seductive or "friendly" voice, or something. You guys know what I mean, I can't put it in words.

Geodude
9th April 2004, 9:17 PM
Cyber: I think she means that Veronica Taylor can just, like, sit around with the other VAs and stuff and do both voices, making up scenes for them to be in, not necessarily while she's actually recording an episode. Heh, you never know, maybe the VAs like to have some fun doing just that. :p

Ditzy_Blonde
10th April 2004, 6:51 PM
KokiriGirl,can you please watch your grammar and use comma's,points and Capitals? @.@;

I dont know if this could be a hint. I think not. the thing with Rudy and Misty was a complete different point then what some people here are mentioning.

*Still waits for a real hint*

But there have been real hints. In the Volbeat and Illuminise episode (forgot the title ^_^), Ash and May are talking about love, and May *winks* at him. If that isn't a hint, I don't know what is.

Keira
10th April 2004, 7:05 PM
But there have been real hints. In the Volbeat and Illuminise episode (forgot the title ^_^), Ash and May are talking about love, and May *winks* at him. If that isn't a hint, I don't know what is.

for some like advanceshippers it may be a hint but what Cayenne's Legend and other people want to see is either of them blush at some comment relating to them or something like that.

Geodude
11th April 2004, 12:01 AM

Something like that totally depends on the context. Maybe if you ask Murgatroyd really nicely, he can translate what was said in that scene for you.

You guys see the pic on the main site of the Tag Battle episode yet? I think Ash and May look cute when they're arguing. :p

CyberCubed
11th April 2004, 1:49 AM
The arguing between the two of them reminds me a lot of Ash and Misty for some reason. They even used the same shots with their faces close to each other.

I hope in that ep. they learn to cooperate with each other for 2 on 2 battles.

Murgatroyd
11th April 2004, 5:12 AM
Something like that totally depends on the context. Maybe if you ask Murgatroyd really nicely, he can translate what was said in that scene for you.
I already did, in another thread in late February.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=59688#post59688

Geodude
11th April 2004, 6:03 AM
Right, I forgot about that. I remember now. That's a very likely candidate to be turned into a stronger hint in the dub IMO.

Shiny May
12th April 2004, 1:56 PM
yeah there were some shippings in that ep. And like geodude just said wb might turn it into a bigger ship hint

Shutterfly
13th April 2004, 8:43 AM
I just wanna apologize that message if it made someone angry and if someone think that I just wanna tease you. But I was in a wrong forum and I didn't knew that I did something wrong, because I didn't noticed Cayennes warning.
I hope anyone don't hate me because my mistake^-^

thats okay now,you are back now,so you can have a brand new start.
But even when you did post that in another forum,it would have been spam,so it doesnt really matter where you would have posted it.
Appologies accepted,Welcome back and hope you have a nice time again

Back to topic ^^

Pokemon Neo
15th April 2004, 9:44 AM
in MMHM it was a random boy that that has no relation to misty

however

norman is may's dad

Exactly.

See,both May and Misty were faced with a choice when watching Ash's Gym battle.

Basically,Misty's decision was a no brainer.She decided to *not* stay on this island with some guy she just met and instead decided to keep traveling with her friend she's known for a long time now.(which was the pokeshippy hint)

May was to decide whether she'd stay neutral in the battle between Ash and Norman,or to actually root for one side.(i.e. Max rooting for his father) But in that quick outburst where she tried to give Ash some advice (some bad advice at that...) she clearly favored Ash in the battle.Regardless of whether the advice was good or not,the point is that May had good intentions and wanted Ash to win.And Norman was her Father for godsakes.Not some guy she just met.(i.e. Rudy)

I'm sorry,this sure seemed like an Advanceshippy hint to me.

Wolf Goddess
16th April 2004, 7:30 AM
It is Advanceshippy. Let me break it down:

Norman vs. Ash with May |||||||||||||| Rudy vs. Ash with Misty
Both May liked/loved |||||||||||||||||||||||Both Misty liked
May rooted for Ash (by advice)|||||||||||Misty rooted for Ash (By rooting)

See? Similar circumstances.

Geodude
17th April 2004, 7:55 AM
The guide for the Tag Battle episode sounds sort of AdvanceShippy, especially in the part where Ash and May first meet Oscar and Andrew and the latter duo talk about how Ash and May must like each other because they're arguing, or something like that. I've seen the episode, but can't really tell how accurate the guide is. Any help, Murgatroyd?

Kazuki Mirai
17th April 2004, 7:59 AM
You sure? Because I always get's mixed up of what it says.
It seems in the screenshots, that May and Ash seems to be dense at what the couple said.

Geodude
17th April 2004, 8:05 AM
You should know by now that the screenshots almost never tell the whole story. Read the guide, you'll see what I mean.

Murgatroyd
17th April 2004, 8:10 AM
The guide for the Tag Battle episode sounds sort of AdvanceShippy, especially in the part where Ash and May first meet Oscar and Andrew and the latter duo talk about how Ash and May must like each other because they're arguing, or something like that. I've seen the episode, but can't really tell how accurate the guide is. Any help, Murgatroyd?
No, I can't help until I see the episode. I should be able to get it sometime this weekend.

zeroX20
17th April 2004, 8:17 AM
why is it that the guide has to be inaccurate just bedcause there is advance shipping. i have read these guides of past episodes they are pretty accurate.

Sharp Edge
17th April 2004, 8:31 AM
Andrea and Oscar seem like the type to see love and affection in practically everything.

Ash and May seem to have a "what the hell?" reaction, really...

Geodude
17th April 2004, 9:49 AM
why is it that the guide has to be inaccurate just bedcause there is advance shipping. i have read these guides of past episodes they are pretty accurate.

*smacks forehead* Read my post again. At no time did I say that. I thought it was pretty clear that I was asking for clarification on what was said during that encounter.

MistyWaterflower
17th April 2004, 5:51 PM
The tag battle episode - especially the bit where the two nutters in the funny costumes tell Ash and May they must like each other - was a little strange.

It could probably be construed as Advanceshippy, but what happened was the people said something about fighting being a sign of affection. That sounds shippy, but it's the pictures. Ash and May don't look embarrassed, they just look offended. And peeved. Though the making up again at the end of the episode is nice. Anyone want to suggest what Asha nd May were thinking? Cos I'm drawing a blank here.

Ditzy_Blonde
17th April 2004, 6:15 PM
There were some definite in the tag battle episode!! The whole "In love" thing, plus the complimenting at the end makes me think that we can expect even more hints to come! Woo!

Eternal Eievui
17th April 2004, 7:31 PM
This episode had Advanced Shipping all over it. Though I haven't seen the episode, the love couples do talk about love and tag battle should be done in love. So, that's just my say.

Murgatroyd
17th April 2004, 10:25 PM
All right, I've seen the episode. In my professional opinion, if you consider fights and associated comments to be hints, this is a stronger hint than any of the Ash-Misty fights.

Shiny May
18th April 2004, 12:15 AM
I got a pic on the end of the episode. I think it had something lovely.
I really think that the episode was very shippy. Especially yes when the duo said that fighting meant that they loved each other.

http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/shinyangel/images/characters/advance.jpg

Geodude
18th April 2004, 12:38 AM
Well, there are also a couple of fairly accepted hints for Pokeshipping that involve other people commenting on an argument between Ash and Misty, so maybe this could be considered an AdvanceShipping hint as well. Hmmm...it's probably a debatable one though at best.

Wolf Goddess
18th April 2004, 1:12 AM
*Looks at Shiny May's picture* That certainly looks shippy to me.

WaterBlaster
18th April 2004, 5:47 AM
*Looks at Shiny May's picture* That certainly looks shippy to me.

Sorry to bother you, but how can that screenshot look shippy? Ash and May are just looking at each other...
Anyway, some Advanceshippy episode this "Tag Battle! Ash vs May" was, huh? Well, I haven't seen it yet, but apparently, it's shippy...

Geodude
18th April 2004, 8:04 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/shinyangel/images/characters/advance.jpg

Indeed. Although this is a cute pic, it hardly qualifies as shippy in itself. The scene it's from? Well, it's kind of a stretch, but I can see some devout AdvanceShippers arguing that the scene was shippy. (It's from near the end, where Ash and May help each other out, patching things up at the same time, to get Pikachu back.)

Chatsy
18th April 2004, 10:30 AM
I'll say that the picture is very cute, and makes me think of advanceshipping...
Maybe not proof, but it's still cute to look at!
*gets all warm and fuzzy inside*
That picture is just cute! Nothing more, nothing less IMO

Blazing Charmander
18th April 2004, 1:42 PM
I think that i'll join this thread now because the more i see Ash and May travelling together, the more i think that they make a great couple.

Anyway, on the subject of the recent tag battle episode, i've looked at the guide and the pictures and some parts of the episode do seem shippy. Especially at the end when it says that Ash and May continue complimenting each other.

Shiny May
18th April 2004, 4:15 PM
i think it's a real shippy episode.
But IMO when I look at the pic above her (That I posted), they look at each other in a lovely way.
And like the statement of the tag battle couple they said that arguing was a sign of love. And they both turned their back to each other, for some people it isn't a ship hint but when Joy said that to Ash and Misty it was considered a shipping hint, wasn't it.

But that's all in my opinion.

Wolf Goddess
18th April 2004, 11:08 PM
The picture reminds me of how Edmond looked at Cassie once. And they ended up in...well bed.

Originally posted by Shiny May
i think it's a real shippy episode.
But IMO when I look at the pic above her (That I posted), they look at each other in a lovely way.
And like the statement of the tag battle couple they said that arguing was a sign of love. And they both turned their back to each other, for some people it isn't a ship hint but when Joy said that to Ash and Misty it was considered a shipping hint, wasn't it.

Very good point. It's the same curcumstances.

HyperKnux1
19th April 2004, 3:13 AM
yeah....i have to agree with shiny may, and shinig Sierra because it is similar to the nurse joy thing with ash and misty..and in both instances ash and misty and ash and may did not blush they ahd similar reactions by turning away from each other....so yes this can be qualified as an ash and may hint..plus ash and misty never argued for a whole episode before...lol. Ash and may isn't bad as a couple i can see it happening..and wouldn't mind it..even though i am a pokeshipper.
Can someone tell me what the dialog between the two at the end of the episode because haven't seen it?

Shutterfly
19th April 2004, 9:08 AM
The picture is cute indeed,but I dont think that a pic inmeddiatly can be considered as a hint.
but it looks indeed cute,so I agree with the fact that some people can consider this as a hint,especially the advanceshippers ^_~

Shiny May
19th April 2004, 3:18 PM
Hyperknux1 I think it just ended with Ash and May complimenting each other the whole way. But say it when it's wrong.
Does anybody know what compliments they told each other at the end ?! ^-^

Morgri
19th April 2004, 10:29 PM
Hyperknux1 I think it just ended with Ash and May complimenting each other the whole way. But say it when it's wrong.
Does anybody know what compliments they told each other at the end ?! ^-^

Ok, the end dialouge begins with them complimenting each other, and ends with them apologizing for the way the treated each other earlier.

By the way, I'll give you all an advance shippy picture.

Advanceshipping pic (http://digizona.metropoliglobal.com/foro/attachment.php?attachmentid=2298)

Black Angel
20th April 2004, 3:31 AM
I too think that the tag battle was a hint of Advanceshipping do to the following (I posted this on the May Fan Club):

It starts off with Ash ready to leave and he as to drag May out of the Pokemon Center from doing what some women would do(fixing their hair, getting washed up, etc.) Something you see alot with boyfriends and girlfriends. The they end up in a tag battle and lose. Which starts the oh so familier fight that almost every couple experiences. Then later on they try an meet other people (they each pair up with a member of Team Rocket). But in the end they forget about those other people and come back together and forgive. (At the end they forgive one another). So it is strong evidence of AdvanceShipping.

Then again it could be for that one episode, for more evidence to exist we'd have to see their reactions in future episodes.

~rIcH aNd ChEwY~
20th April 2004, 10:23 AM
Ok, yes I am a Pokeshipper, but I'm not totally against Advanceshipping so don't start saying stuff about me or anything. But the forgiving thing shouldn't be counted as 'strong' evidence because it could just be because they are friends. But don't get me wrong, it could be strong evidence.

Oh btw cute pic Morgri!

Shiny May
20th April 2004, 10:51 AM
I too think that the tag battle was a hint of Advanceshipping do to the following (I posted this on the May Fan Club):

It starts off with Ash ready to leave and he as to drag May out of the Pokemon Center from doing what some women would do(fixing their hair, getting washed up, etc.) Something you see alot with boyfriends and girlfriends. The they end up in a tag battle and lose. Which starts the oh so familier fight that almost every couple experiences. Then later on they try an meet other people (they each pair up with a member of Team Rocket). But in the end they forget about those other people and come back together and forgive. (At the end they forgive one another). So it is strong evidence of AdvanceShipping.

Then again it could be for that one episode, for more evidence to exist we'd have to see their reactions in future episodes.

I think it's a pretty good explanation black angel. and that pic is really nice too.

and i think that every shipper looks at a ship in a different way, rich and chewy. And that's okay in my opinion. Because the way you do it there's nothing wrong with it, you respect them and I respsect the pokeshippers. But there are a lot of people that don't react the way you do.

Shutterfly
20th April 2004, 11:20 AM
Morgi, you can also post the pic into the General Picture thread here on Shippers !

Here is the link:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=8135

Geodude
20th April 2004, 9:07 PM
Ok, the end dialouge begins with them complimenting each other, and ends with them apologizing for the way the treated each other earlier.

By the way, I'll give you all an advance shippy picture.

Advanceshipping pic (http://digizona.metropoliglobal.com/foro/attachment.php?attachmentid=2298)

Heh...somebody's good with Photoshop. :p Nice pic. I wonder what screenshots that was edited from?

Morgri
23rd April 2004, 9:05 PM
Hmm, I donno =p

Here is another one.

Avatar (http://img39.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Morgri/ashmayava.jpg)

And a banner for you all ^^

banner (http://img39.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Morgri/ashmay.jpg)

Shutterfly
24th April 2004, 10:35 AM
Hmm, I donno =p

Here is another one.

Avatar (http://img39.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Morgri/ashmayava.jpg)

And a banner for you all ^^

banner (http://img39.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Morgri/ashmay.jpg)

And again, post the pictures here :

http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=8135

Back to topic now ! ^^

Cayenne

Shiny May
24th April 2004, 3:38 PM
well those are really nice pics. but what's are we gonna talk about next ?

Does anybody of you guys think that Ash and May's Bulbasaurs is a hint for advanceshipping. Well hint may be a big word but do you think it has a meaning.

Chatsy
24th April 2004, 4:27 PM
A meaning?
Maybe..
*grins stupidly*
It can be used, but not as some 100% proof thing..
I like to think of it as a sweet thought ^___^
Like in the episode itself, I found it very cute that Ash and May had to work together, and how Ash came to May's rescue (Yet again, may I add :p)

Geodude
25th April 2004, 2:27 AM
Yeah, Ash swinging in Tarzan-style and then leading May away by the hand was awesome. :D I TOTALLY didn't expect to see him swinging down on a vine when I watched the episode. :D

Pics from the main site:

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/349/AG123.jpg
I'm gonna see if I can scrounge up a better pic of this swinging one...

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/349/AG129.jpg

Murgatroyd
25th April 2004, 7:55 AM
I'm gonna see if I can scrounge up a better pic of this swinging one...
How's this one?

Geodude
25th April 2004, 8:42 AM
Awesome. :) Although, would you be able to make one from just a frame or two before that, where his foot isn't cut off?

Shutterfly
26th April 2004, 7:43 AM
Havent we seen him swinging like that before,but when he crushed into a tree, I think that was the episodes with the Khangaskhan.. :D

Anyway, Back to topic about AdvanceShipping ^^

Murgatroyd
26th April 2004, 8:37 AM
Awesome. :) Although, would you be able to make one from just a frame or two before that, where his foot isn't cut off?
Here's one frame earlier:

Geodude
26th April 2004, 8:46 AM
Very cool, thanks. :) I know some people on another forum who like to make icons (what we call avatars here) from pics, maybe I can get them to make one out of that. :)

Cayenne's right though, we don't want this thread to go too far off-topic.

Chatsy
26th April 2004, 11:00 AM
Havent we seen him swinging like that before,but when he crushed into a tree, I think that was the episodes with the Khangaskhan.. :D

Anyway, Back to topic about AdvanceShipping ^^
Actually it was in the "Goodbye Pikachu" episode ^__^
Ash did yell "Kanga kangaskhan!" though XD

Anywho, back to shipping...
I found it so adorable when Ash grabbed May's arm, and dragged her off in that episode!
Is it just me, or do those two always grab eachother by their hands?
Okay, I´m just trying to make a conversation here! :p

CyberCubed
26th April 2004, 11:33 PM
Very cool, thanks. :) I know some people on another forum who like to make icons (what we call avatars here) from pics, maybe I can get them to make one out of that. :)

Cayenne's right though, we don't want this thread to go too far off-topic.

Hm, I wonder what forum that could be. :p

Anyway very nice to see Ash grab May by the hand and lead her. Seems like their two Bulbasaurs could end up bringing them closer together, cause they have something more in common.

zeroX20
28th April 2004, 2:32 AM
is it just me or are there more advance shipping episode all of a sudden

Shiny May
28th April 2004, 4:17 PM
yeah you're right zeroX20. Advanceshipping is suddenly growing.

And I like it when Ash saved May. Why didn't Brock or Max do that btw? Not that I don't want that but it could become an advanceshipping hint if they didn't feel like it or something like that

And I like the holding hands and setting off !

Alfonso
28th April 2004, 5:15 PM
yeah you're right zeroX20. Advanceshipping is suddenly growing.

And I like it when Ash saved May. Why didn't Brock or Max do that btw? Not that I don't want that but it could become an advanceshipping hint if they didn't feel like it or something like that

And I like the holding hands and setting off !

Ash saving May? You mean in the episode where *RUDDY GREAT SPOILERS*

She gets Bulbasaur? *RUDDY GREAT SPOLIERS END*

Well, Brock and Max *couldn't* save May, because Ash was the only one who managed to get over that giant gate. If I recall correctly, the vines that Brock and Max were climbing snapped, and Brock told Ash to go on ahead and save May.

Geodude
28th April 2004, 6:42 PM
Yep, that's correct. I hope Shiny May wasn't talking about the Torkoal episode, because that's been thoroughly discussed already.

zeroX20
29th April 2004, 4:27 AM
i wonder what the next will be about all i know it has two with may's new bulbasaur and another which might be ashes.

Geodude
29th April 2004, 6:34 AM
It IS Ash's. Don't you read the Spoilers forum?

zeroX20
29th April 2004, 6:47 AM
really nice, so that means ash and may now have something and common but not just that there pokemon get to interact with each other. wait is may's bulbasaur male or female

Shutterfly
29th April 2004, 7:25 AM
really nice, so that means ash and may now have something and common but not just that there pokemon get to interact with each other. wait is may's bulbasaur male or female

No idea, but it can be both, although I am pretty sure that Ash's bulbasaur is a male :D

I dont know if it could be a shipping hint.. In my opinion, it doesnt have to do something with it, but I know that some advanceshippers can see it as a hint ^^

Geodude
29th April 2004, 9:37 AM
http://members.shaw.ca/shinygeodude/screens/maybulba.jpeg

May's Bulbasaur is 00ber-cute. Notice the hearts on its head? I wonder if they have any significance...? :p

Chatsy
29th April 2004, 2:17 PM
Yeah, now that you mention it, those hearts can mean something...
That Ash and May's Bulbasaur will get together :p
Or something "else" as if I can't take a hint XD

But have anyone seen the episode itself? Because if so, did May's Bulbasaur sound more female'ish to you? Or just like Ash's?
But that would probably be easier to compare tonight, right?

Alfonso
29th April 2004, 2:28 PM
Yeah, now that you mention it, those hearts can mean something...
That Ash and May's Bulbasaur will get together :p
Or something "else" as if I can't take a hint XD

But have anyone seen the episode itself? Because if so, did May's Bulbasaur sound more female'ish to you? Or just like Ash's?
But that would probably be easier to compare tonight, right?

I've actually seen the episode, and can say that May's Bulbasaur is obviously female. It sounds different from regular Bulbasaur too... more cute and feminine, you know? And when you first see her, she is picking a flower. Not the most 100% 'macho' thing to do. ^_~

Geodude
29th April 2004, 3:58 PM
Indeed. I've seen the episode as well. It definitely sounded young, and it sounded fairly female to me too. As for the flower, well, it IS a Grass-type...but yeah I doubt it would have been trying so hard to get it if it were male. :p

Shiny May
29th April 2004, 4:32 PM
Yep, that's correct. I hope Shiny May wasn't talking about the Torkoal episode, because that's been thoroughly discussed already.

I was talking about the 'May catching Bulbasaur' episode.
and Ash saved May twice now. Why do those japanese writers always let Ash save May and not Brock or Max.
Btw, why can't this Ash saving May be considered as a advanceshippy hint, since the time when Misty saved Ash it was considered a shipping hint and not a something a friend will do for another friend.

And like i've said before I think the hearts on Bulbasaur's head does have a meaning.

Chatsy
29th April 2004, 6:16 PM
And when you first see her, she is picking a flower. Not the most 100% 'macho' thing to do. ^_~
Well, that depends if it's a hippie Bulbasaur XD

But anyway, this episode is one of the very shippy ones for me...
I liked it how Ash and May had to get out of the sacred forest together (and alone XD) and work together...
I dunno, I just like their teamwork, and the fact that they're alone together..
I'm just a silly person.. XD

WaterBlaster
29th April 2004, 10:05 PM
Btw, why can't this Ash saving May be considered as a advanceshippy hint, since the time when Misty saved Ash it was considered a shipping hint and not a something a friend will do for another friend.

Well, nobody said it can't be a hint... Anybody here is free to think whatever they'd like to! :D It can be a hint or not, just like the Misty thing... It all depends on the person's point of view! :)

Geodude
30th April 2004, 7:57 AM

Well consider it whatever you want, but just know that it's unlikely that people in general would consider it a hint. I'm gonna throw this thought out there, see if it makes any sense you guys:

REAL hints have two facets: 1) they were intentionally included by the writers, and 2) they involve something the character did or said that could actually be considered directly shippy and that is difficult to debate otherwise.

SEMI-hints, or debatable hints, have one or more of these qualities (maybe more that I'm not thinking of):
-they can easily be interpreted in different ways
-they are a product of circumstance (wrong place at the right time, stuff like that)
-they involve something that the writers alone, not the characters, did to put them together

The whole thing with Ash saving May can't be considered a real hint because it was a product of circumstance. Max and Brock's vines broke, and they didn't have time to try to climb up again because the village elders were right behind them and they had to stop and convince them to let them go in, so Brock told Ash to go on. Ash just happened to have grabbed a vine that didn't break. So this was mostly the doing of the writers, not the character. If Ash had taken the initiative in a non-danger situation to do something nice for May, such as give her a gift or something, THEN that would be considered a REAL shippy hint...but not something like this.

(I hope that all made sense... Anyway, don't take the above as law you guys. I think it's sound reasoning, but of course you're free to believe what you like. Keep an open mind though, and at least consider this.)

Wolf Goddess
30th April 2004, 8:03 AM
It is still a debatilble hint, and I do consider it somewhat Advanceshippy. The writters COULD have had Brock or Max save May, but who did they have save her? Ash.

Geodude
30th April 2004, 8:03 AM
Yeah that's what I meant...that hint is just a debatable one at best. It shouldn't be taken as actual evidence.

zeroX20
30th April 2004, 8:32 AM
Well consider it whatever you want, but just know that it's unlikely that people in general would consider it a hint. I'm gonna throw this thought out there, see if it makes any sense you guys:

REAL hints have two facets: 1) they were intentionally included by the writers, and 2) they involve something the character did or said that could actually be considered directly shippy and that is difficult to debate otherwise.

SEMI-hints, or debatable hints, have one or more of these qualities (maybe more that I'm not thinking of):
-they can easily be interpreted in different ways
-they are a product of circumstance (wrong place at the right time, stuff like that)
-they involve something that the writers alone, not the characters, did to put them together

The whole thing with Ash saving May can't be considered a real hint because it was a product of circumstance. Max and Brock's vines broke, and they didn't have time to try to climb up again because the village elders were right behind them and they had to stop and convince them to let them go in, so Brock told Ash to go on. Ash just happened to have grabbed a vine that didn't break. So this was mostly the doing of the writers, not the character. If Ash had taken the initiative in a non-danger situation to do something nice for May, such as give her a gift or something, THEN that would be considered a REAL shippy hint...but not something like this.

(I hope that all made sense... Anyway, don't take the above as law you guys. I think it's sound reasoning, but of course you're free to believe what you like. Keep an open mind though, and at least consider this.)

WOW to much detail, there aren't that many people who would classify hints like u have. that's just alittle creepy. any way any and all hints can be seen in differen't ways, no matter what type of hint it is. what i am trying to say is that unless u have the two people who the hints are about come out and say there feelings towards each other, every and all other hints will be looked at differently by everyone. since this type of hint does not exist in any shipping with ash, all hints contain him can be seen in many differen't ways. ( and episode were misty leaves does not have them talking about there feelings its completely implied and onesided by misty) and im done.

Shutterfly
30th April 2004, 10:38 AM
True,
Some people are like: OMG,they looked at eachother, They must be in luv!!!!!!11111

That would be a weird hint, if it would make sense at all. Although, people have different opinions about what could be a hint.. Some people do consider the fact that Ash saved her as a hint. I dont think that would be a hint, but okies..No offense to other peoples :D

And now, Back to topic please :D

Chatsy
30th April 2004, 7:55 PM
I'm also focusing more on the fact (from the episode guide) that Ash was the one who said that he wanted to save May, and Brock and Max were hesitating...
That's what hit me the most...
But then again, a friend would do the same!

And I agree that unless they actually do something direct (like hugging, or being just close *hint hint*) then it could just be a friendly behaviour..

Right anyway..
How do you people feel now that Ash's Bulbasaur has returned to the lab? Does the *hint* between Ash and May dissolve, or maybe be stronger, or does the hint first come in now, or IS there even a hint?
I'm making no sense, aren't I? :p

Geodude
30th April 2004, 8:03 PM
I'm also focusing more on the fact (from the episode guide) that Ash was the one who said that he wanted to save May, and Brock and Max were hesitating...
That's what hit me the most...
But then again, a friend would do the same!

That's more evidence of Ash's personality than his feelings for May. We all know that he'll do anything to protect his friends, and that he can be very stubborn. Brock and Max were hesitating on the advice of those elders, but Ash was too stubborn to wait...and for good reason, because May was in trouble.

littlejiggy
30th April 2004, 8:12 PM

what is it with you advanceshippers that have this awfull need to compare misty and may???

Wolf Goddess
1st May 2004, 7:19 AM
-_-;

Anyway, what was the dialoge between the two? What someone says can count alot.

xDarkNazgulx
1st May 2004, 8:07 AM
In the espoide where Ash and James partner up with May and Jessie just because both people are angry at each other (Ash/May, Jessie/James) really proves that Ash and May like each other, (as seen in the spoilers on this site). I am sorry for not posting the name of the espoide but it should appear next month.

zeroX20
1st May 2004, 8:27 AM
what is it with you advanceshippers that have this awfull need to compare misty and may???

what do you mean u advance shippers? anyway when misty is used as a comparison thats all it is not bashing not nothing just a comparison. anyway since may has a bulbasaur now it seems ash and her have something in common.

Shutterfly
1st May 2004, 10:14 AM

They dont have the awfull need to compare Misty and May with eachother..
They are just searching for hints o_O

Back to topic

Morgri
1st May 2004, 6:56 PM
Well i'm not sure what to make of it. But he did save her... so it's just really a matter of people's opinions.

ultimatecharizard
1st May 2004, 8:39 PM
We can only hope we can get a solid hint that can't be disputed and soon!

Shiny May
2nd May 2004, 2:01 PM
yeah that's true ultimatecharizard. A real hint. But does anybody have a list of all hints or debatable hints ? Just wondering. Then we could see what we've got so far.

Geodude
2nd May 2004, 4:27 PM
WOW to much detail, there aren't that many people who would classify hints like u have. that's just alittle creepy.

Not really. I've been around the online community long enough to know what's generally accepted as real hints and what isn't. Most veteran shippers would pretty much agree with what I said.

Keira
2nd May 2004, 4:28 PM
yeah that's true ultimatecharizard. A real hint. But does anybody have a list of all hints or debatable hints ? Just wondering. Then we could see what we've got so far.

Let's see, debatable ones, I know:

1. In the episode "volbeat and illuminese" where May winked at Ash after saying that love is a strong thing or whatever she said

2. In the episode "Ash vs May" where they meet the crazy couple and that they told them that fighthing is a sign of love, and don't forget the whole fighthing day

3. In the episode "King of the Forbidden Fforest! Venasaur!" where Ash comes in May's rescue and grabs her arm

I think these are the most debatable ones.

I don't know why I'm posting this since I'm a pokeshipper o_0, but I think is because I'm like Geodude

Geodude
2nd May 2004, 4:31 PM
3. In the episode "Bulbasaur and Bulbasaur, ragaining pokeballs" where Ash comes in May's rescue and grabs her arm

That was actually in the previous episode, "King of the Forbidden Forest! Venusaur!"

Chatsy
2nd May 2004, 4:35 PM
I´ve finally gotten the chance to see the "King of the Forbidden Forest! Venusaur!" battle episode.
And it was so lovely to see Ash come flying in by the vine, yelling "Harukaaa" and then dragged her away.
Very cute.

WaterBlaster
2nd May 2004, 10:57 PM
Let's see, debatable ones, I know:

1. In the episode "volbeat and illuminese" where May winked at Ash after saying that love is a strong thing or whatever she said

2. In the episode "Ash vs May" where they meet the crazy couple and that they told them that fighthing is a sign of love, and don't forget the whole fighthing day

3. In the episode "King of the Forbidden Fforest! Venasaur!" where Ash comes in May's rescue and grabs her arm

I think these are the most debatable ones.

There's also that one in the Torkoal episode, where May is hanging on to a rope in a hole, and Ash saves her. Although, you guys discussed this possible hint for a while before and I guess that most of you decided it was mostly because Ash suited the situation better or something.
And May turning to the camera and saying "Yes!" when Ash accepted to have her join him on his journey was also something some people believed was a hint. (I, personally, don't agree this hint at all, but... *shrugs*)
Has any hint been dubbed already (other than the "Yes!" one in "Getting the Show on the Road")?

ultimatecharizard
2nd May 2004, 11:12 PM
Nope, no hints other then the "Yes to the camera" have been dubbed to date!

littlejiggy
3rd May 2004, 12:04 AM
begining of list

I haven't seen Kasumi actually help so far. She only appeared in 2 eps, where Satoshi didn't mention anything about the Hankerchief. Fine, Kasumi gave him cloth, it is a sign of love. Some people don't care about that. Look at Satoshi; and if that's not enough since its from Pocket Monsters. Watch Sailor Moon S. When Makoto's heart crystal is taken. And the monster is made out of a handkerchief from a girl(thought to be guy); she liked.

I think this is a hint, since they also think that when Misty saved Ash was a pokeshipping hint. So I think this is a true Advanceshipping hint.

I think it could be considered a hint. I mean, Misty saved Ash in Pokemon 2000, this is similar circumstances if you look at it right. .

I'm not what you call a full fledged advanceshipper (although I do think Ash and May might make a good couple as well),but doesn't the fact that she *did* favor Ash in the battle prove it's a hint? This is a lot like "Misty Meets Her Match" where Misty chose to root for Ash instead of Rudy IMO.In that episode,Misty basically came down hard on Ash's battle strategy and in the latest AG ep,May unknowingly tried to give Ash some bad advice to help in his battle. .

The arguing between the two of them reminds me a lot of Ash and Misty for some reason. They even used the same shots with their faces close to each other. .

All right, I've seen the episode. In my professional opinion, if you consider fights and associated comments to be hints, this is a stronger hint than any of the Ash-Misty fights. .

Well, there are also a couple of fairly accepted hints for Pokeshipping that involve other people commenting on an argument between Ash and Misty, so maybe this could be considered an AdvanceShipping hint as well. Hmmm...it's probably a debatable one though at best.

yeah....i have to agree with shiny may, and shinig Sierra because it is similar to the nurse joy thing with ash and misty..

end of list

They dont have the awfull need to compare Misty and May with eachother..

ahem. you were saying?
by the way, this was al taken from this thred. Id be glad to join more stuff up from the other closed advanceshiping thred.

Wolf Goddess
3rd May 2004, 6:54 AM
-_-;

So? People always compare things together. Besides, it makes it easier for Pokeshippers to understand our viewpoints. Back to topic....

I consider the part in the Torkoal and Steelix eppisode a little shippy. Not alot, but it still seems a bit shippy to me.

Shutterfly
3rd May 2004, 7:33 AM
ahem. you were saying?
by the way, this was al taken from this thred. Id be glad to join more stuff up from the other closed advanceshiping thred.

and you were saying?

Er, you didnt hear what I said : I said that they dont NEED to compair it, but when they do it, then they are allowed to, as long as they dont bash, which they dont..

So stop with complaining and go back to Topic

Thank you

Cayenne

zeroX20
4th May 2004, 7:04 AM
to tell the truth every hint that comes from pokemn advanced about ash and may will always be debated. no matter how much it is a hint. people will still debate it. it just makes shippers against it feel aittle better. it makes them feel that their shipping can still happen. anyway has anyone noticed that may and max have litterally taken the place of misty. seriously i thought misty was the only one to take brock from his girls. but then comes max. and then comes may with her arguments. it is really interesting. how they made two characters in place of one.

ultimatecharizard
4th May 2004, 1:29 PM
I wonder if anybody could debate if May ever said she loved Ash!

I'd like at the end of Hoenn Ash and Brock are heading back to Pallet Town and Max and May are staying but May goes up to Ash and says she loves him and doesn't want him to leave her in Hoenn. Ash hugs her and the gang minus Max all head back to Pallet Town! :D :)

frednmethod
6th May 2004, 12:56 PM
hmm

does anyone have any good advanceshipping pics?

Ash.mx
8th May 2004, 2:52 AM
In the movie of Jirachi May wish something , but what?
I like the idea that she wish for a love with Ash.
Can be this possible?

Shiny May
8th May 2004, 10:35 AM
I wonder if anybody could debate if May ever said she loved Ash!

I'd like at the end of Hoenn Ash and Brock are heading back to Pallet Town and Max and May are staying but May goes up to Ash and says she loves him and doesn't want him to leave her in Hoenn. Ash hugs her and the gang minus Max all head back to Pallet Town!

That would be a nice storyline if that would happen

does anyone have any good advanceshipping pics?
Pictures can be found in the shippings picture thread.

Can be this possible?

I don't know what she wished. Maybe they didn't mention it in the movie otherwise the wish wouldn't come out. Maybe Jirachi heard her saying the wish and it will come true. Maybe Murgatroyd, Geodude or Cayenne knows what has been wished.

Murgatroyd
8th May 2004, 10:46 AM
Can be this possible?
There was nothing stated in the movie about what she wished for. No implications, either.

Shiny May
8th May 2004, 11:13 AM
too bad we don't know what she wished for. But like they always say if you tell what the wish is it will never come true. It's just a guess for what she wished for.

Shutterfly
9th May 2004, 4:46 PM
too bad we don't know what she wished for. But like they always say if you tell what the wish is it will never come true. It's just a guess for what she wished for.

And it will always be a guess, I think

Back to topic now ^^;

Shiny May
11th May 2004, 1:23 PM
Well does anybody have a good topic or a some news ? Please tell it here because this topic is gonna die if nobody is posting.

How about how will Ash react if Shuu will be there in the newest contest episode in Japan. Should Ash get jealous or not ?

xsweet_peax
11th May 2004, 10:31 PM
ionno but i havent seen any good hints about Ash and May yet. i hope im not bashing because..well..im not. anyways..

the hint about May going "YES!" when Ash let her travel with him was probably because she didnt want to travel alone.

the hint about her winking at Ash..well, i havent really seen this episode yet since i live in the US so i dont know what to say but Ash winked at girls before and girls winked at Ash before so i wont say much.

the hint about the couple in "Tag Battle! Ash vs. May!" and how they said that Ash and May like each other. They didnt blush like Ash and Misty does and they seemed offended by it. I know that the first time Ash and Misty was called a couple by Nurse Joy, the two didnt blush and seemed offended by it also. However, that was like in the 4th or 5th episode or somewhere in the beginning so the two didnt really know each other much yet. Now, Ash and May has known each other for a longggg time already and still dont feel anything so i dont know.

The part where Ash saves May. Any part where Ash saves May instead of the others. Well, you know Ash..he saves anyone. He always just jump in and save anyone he knows or doesnt. Thats just the way the writers made him..

I think these two are good friends but i dont think theres anything between them. Please dont think im bashing because im just pointing out why i dont think those are hints. Dont hate me... =D

Geodude
11th May 2004, 10:52 PM
the hint about May going "YES!" when Ash let her travel with him was probably because she didnt want to travel alone.

Don't think so. She was riding down to Littleroot with every intention of travelling alone.

zeroX20
12th May 2004, 5:53 AM
ionno but i havent seen any good hints about Ash and May yet. i hope im not bashing because..well..im not. anyways..

the hint about her winking at Ash..well, i havent really seen this episode yet since i live in the US so i dont know what to say but Ash winked at girls before and girls winked at Ash before so i wont say much.

the hint about the couple in "Tag Battle! Ash vs. May!" and how they said that Ash and May like each other. They didnt blush like Ash and Misty does and they seemed offended by it. I know that the first time Ash and Misty was called a couple by Nurse Joy, the two didnt blush and seemed offended by it also. However, that was like in the 4th or 5th episode or somewhere in the beginning so the two didnt really know each other much yet. Now, Ash and May has known each other for a longggg time already and still dont feel anything so i dont know.

The part where Ash saves May. Any part where Ash saves May instead of the others. Well, you know Ash..he saves anyone. He always just jump in and save anyone he knows or doesnt. Thats just the way the writers made him..

I think these two are good friends but i dont think theres anything between them. Please dont think im bashing because im just pointing out why i dont think those are hints. Dont hate me... =D

dude i can tell right now that u dont like the ash and may idea. so what u said was somewhat easy bashing. anyway u dont always have to blush if someone said something like that. i am talking about the episode ash vs may tag battle. ash may have been able to hide it. and to say he rescues all his friends that way is a bit much. and very untrue. i do not recall ash ever doing that saving thing with any old friend its mostly the people who are closest to him. but that my observation. any way if u say there are no good ash and may hints, then i will say there are no solid undoubted hints of ash and misty.

Geodude
12th May 2004, 7:10 AM
He isn't bashing. The hint in the tag battle episode is debatable at best. And yes, it's been proven time and again that Ash is quite willing to save friends, Pokemon, and even strangers from harm.

Saying that there are no "good" Ash and May hints is probably valid, actually. It's not bashing, it's simply the truth, if you define "good" as "solid, basically irrefutable". Any shipping veteran will tell you that the best AdvanceShipping hints are much more arguable than the best Pokeshippy hints. Pokeshipping is canon, meaning that there are established, practically irrefutable hints for it both in the original and in the dub. That is simply a fact that AdvanceShippers have to deal with.

Wolf Goddess
12th May 2004, 7:21 AM
Saying that there are no "good" Ash and May hints is probably valid, actually. It's not bashing, it's simply the truth, if you define "good" as "solid, basically irrefutable". Any shipping veteran will tell you that the best AdvanceShipping hints are much more arguable than the best Pokeshippy hints. Pokeshipping is canon, meaning that there are established, practically irrefutable hints for it both in the original and in the dub. That is simply a fact that AdvanceShippers have to deal with.

Geodude, unless somebody ACTUALLY says that they love another person, all hints for any ship can be debated. Advanceshipping, Pokeshipping, or otherwise.

Geodude
12th May 2004, 7:24 AM
Sure, that's why I used words like "practically" and "basically". If not, I'd be a Gaki. :p But you gotta admit, certain hints have a much higher level of validity than others, and that's what I was trying to get at.

Wolf Goddess
12th May 2004, 7:35 AM
True, true. But, if everything was staight forward, we'd be really bored. XD Let's get back on topic before we accidently start the Advanceshipping-Pokeshipping war again. *shudders*

Shiny May
12th May 2004, 10:25 AM

We don't know the exact time May and Ash have been together but Kanto also last for a year so when Joy said that to Ash and Misty they had also been together for quite a while. Only Kanto had less episodes then Hoenn. That's the only thing.

But imo then all hints are debatable even the pokeshipping hints.

But like Shining Sierra said let's keep on topic and don't get a war started.
But about my earlier question. Do you think Ash will get a little bit jealous when Shuu if he appears in the upcoming contest ep in Japan, starts flirting with may?

Ash.mx
15th May 2004, 3:42 AM
Somebody have good Advanceshipping fan art?
Like the wallpaper that Shiny May post in the picture thread.
that's a great work.

LoVeLy MaY
17th May 2004, 12:29 AM
Hello!!I'm really new here and I'm a BIG fan of Advancedshipping!!Oh and I read the rules and I hope I'm not spamming.BTW about the Shuu flirting and Ash getting jealous thing, I don't know but I kinda hope so because IMO I it would be a hint.=]

Shutterfly
17th May 2004, 8:35 AM
Hello!!I'm really new here and I'm a BIG fan of Advancedshipping!!Oh and I read the rules and I hope I'm not spamming.BTW about the Shuu flirting and Ash getting jealous thing, I don't know but I kinda hope so because IMO I it would be a hint.=]

Hello Lovely May!
Welcome to shippers!
I hope you will have a great time here. I see that you are an advanceshipper
:D
You are not spamming at all, so have a nice time :)

Back to topic

Kazuki Mirai
19th May 2004, 1:05 AM
You know I just discovered there was a advanceshippy pic, it's in the new avatar thread. The avatar is with Satoshi's and Haruka's lips getting close to each other, now that's cute. ^_^

Geodude
19th May 2004, 1:15 AM
Did you see the way Ash was looking at May in "Abandon Ship" as she had her snack while they were waiting for Tommy? Is it just me, or was he checking her out? :p

LoVeLy MaY
19th May 2004, 2:47 AM
You know I just discovered there was a advanceshippy pic, it's in the new avatar thread. The avatar is with Satoshi's and Haruka's lips getting close to each other, now that's cute. ^_^

Oh I didn't know that.I looked at it and thought it was cute!So now it's my current avatar =].It must have been new.Well anyways thanks so much for pointing that out!!

P.S.
Hey does anyone know any good advancedshipping banners/pictures I can put in my signature??

Geodude
19th May 2004, 2:56 AM
Just so you know, that seems to be a Photoshopped screenshot. Either that or some really good fanart. It never really happened, even in Japan.

ultimatecharizard
19th May 2004, 1:25 PM
Yep, I like the new avatar, it goes great with my banner!

Chatsy
19th May 2004, 1:52 PM
When I saw that avatar for the first time, I thought that it was a picture from some dream sequence that maybe Max or Brock could've had in a future episode O.O
So yes, it looked very realistic.
But there's still something wrong with it though. I can clearly see that May's head was put on first, then Ash's. So it looks like they're going past eachother ><;;; Sad really.
But wouldn't you people just love it, if Max, or Brock, or heck both of them, dreamt about this image? And how would they act around Ash and May afterwards? XD
Oh, the possibilities.

NUKUDRAGON
19th May 2004, 2:45 PM
hi everyone i have decided to join this discussion, i think may is a hottie "drools" she got it going on,but i would like to point out that in the show were ash and may first met[cant remeber the name] i think they were was another possble hint

1. after ashes pikachu destores mays bike....this is what she says

may: my bike........
"looks at ash and smiles while saying"

may: ah who cares

do u guys consider that a possble hint?

also i was just wondering, what happened in pokemon advance that made u all even think for 1 second that something of "ash and may possblely likeing each other"

by the way i love your pic ulitementcharazard of may and ash looking like they gone kiss

Wolf Goddess
20th May 2004, 5:46 AM
Actually, I never thought of that. It could be considered a hint. *Sees Geodude coming* Not a strong one, of course, but still.

Geodude
20th May 2004, 5:51 AM
Maybe one of those minor, subtle ones...although the difference between May's reaction to her bike getting fried and Misty's reaction to the same is quite interesting...and probably intentional on the part of the writers. May DID bring up the bike, but only once, and she's never mentioned it since.

Wolf Goddess
20th May 2004, 5:54 AM
And the reaction she had afterward was interesting. She saw Ash with Pikachu and she had a "he's-to-cute-to-be-mad-at" reaction.

*Rants about situations in GL*

Morgri
20th May 2004, 3:25 PM
Yes, I noticed that too. She hasn't brought up the bike once since it was destroyed... maybe... she doesn't want the bike back... so she can stay with Ash. =]

frednmethod
20th May 2004, 4:33 PM
hey wouldn't it be cool if ash is supposed to have a partner against the mossdeep gym leaders? if that was true, i'm 99.999999999% that ash will pick may as his partner.

Geodude
20th May 2004, 5:03 PM
We've been through all that before in the Spoilers forum. There is *NO* reason to believe a partner will be required in Mossdeep. You don't need one in the game, so Ash won't need one in the anime.

frednmethod
20th May 2004, 5:05 PM
but wouldn't it be kinda unfair if the battle was two people (the twin gym leaders) vs one person (ash)?

Geodude
20th May 2004, 5:06 PM
Not at all. It wasn't unfair in the games, was it?

Alfonso
20th May 2004, 5:09 PM
We've been through all that before in the Spoilers forum. There is *NO* reason to believe a partner will be required in Mossdeep. You don't need one in the game, so Ash won't need one in the anime.

...In the games, you travelled alone. Ash doesn't. Also, didn't Murgatroyd once say that a Double Battle was different to a Tag Battle? I believe a Double Battle is 1 trainer vs. 1 trainer, both using 2 Pokemon and a Tag Battle being 2 trainers vs. 2 trainers, each using 1 Pokemon each. Since we can assume that Ash will battle Tate and Liza together, he will need a partner, as two trainers= Tag Battle. Unless they wanted to test how good Ash is by ganging up on him, so to speak.

Anyway, back onto topic, people. *scoots off, never to return to the Advancedshipping thread* ^_^

CyberCubed
20th May 2004, 11:57 PM

I'd have to say though it would be kinda interesting to see them both have a double GYM battle. Maybe it'll get May interested in Gyms, not to mention show off her battling with Ash.

NUKUDRAGON
21st May 2004, 1:01 PM
i know this is off topic but does anyone know a site with good fanfiction about ash and may?

"back to subject"

1. i read on this thread somewere that ash helped may[ i think it was the ash catching a torkaol show ,not sure] i herd that in this one while ash was saveing may. may had a reaction on her face toward that..........so does anyone have a pic of may while ash was saveing her?

frednmethod
21st May 2004, 4:46 PM
there aren't many advanceshipping fics out there, but the best one i've seen so far is:

'Choose Me AaMayL Version'

go to fanfiction net and search for 'aamayl', and you'll find it.

and for the torkoal episode picture, simply just go to the episode picture page in this site

Natzap
21st May 2004, 6:28 PM
I did start reading that one. I dont think it's finished though. Oh well guess I gotta wait.

BTW I decided to join this conversation on Advanceshipping. (obviously) Ash and May are good for each other

Shiny May
21st May 2004, 9:07 PM
well I also think they're good for each other. Anybody a good topic for aamayl ?

For example a few reasons why May and Ash should be together or we could discuss the debatable hints.

Natzap
21st May 2004, 9:37 PM
Good topic. Let me think for a sec. *paces around the room* I think they should be together because it's a new start. I mean May is the new character and they should give them both a chance to drop a few hints. And they just look so darn cute together^_^.

Shiny May
21st May 2004, 10:00 PM
yeah they look really cute together. And they really look a lot alike. That's what i do like too.
And their have been a few DISCUSSABLE hints in the last episodes. I like that. i especially liked the tag battle. The fights between them and the moment where that tag battle couple said that fighting meant love and they started blushing! Really cool !:D

Natzap
21st May 2004, 10:30 PM
Yeah I liked that one too. Especially because the two people, oscar and andrea i think, were so MADLY in love. If they're so much in love, they should know the ways of the heart.

Wolf Goddess
22nd May 2004, 5:43 AM
A little off the topic for the moment, but can we have a different abbreviation? To me, AAMayL looks REALLy second-rate. I was thinking SAHL, Satoshi And Hukura Love. But that's me. Back to topic...

Shiny May
22nd May 2004, 11:41 AM
well it's a better name. AAMayL makes me think a lot about AAML
SAHL is also a good name