PDA

View Full Version : Enerlock

ShadowStrifer
30th November 2011, 12:20 AM
This is the latest deck that I decided to put together for fun games against my friends and would like some feedback.

Pokemon // 19
1-2-3 Gothitelle (Smack, Mental Shock) Not sure if there are other versions of her.
2 Druddigon (Rough Skin)
1-2-3 Krookodile (Black Eyes, Thrash)
2-3 Excadrill (Metal Claw, Drill Run)

Energy // 19
11 Fighting
8 Psychic

Trainers // 22
2 Energy Retrieval
3 Revive
3 PONT
1 Interviewer's Questions
1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Roseanne's Research
3 Super Rod
3 P.C
4 Potion

So the strategy behind this deck is to attempt with each attack to make the defending pokemon have to discard an energy attached to it. This is completed by using Mental Shock, Black Eyes, or Drill Run. It is also on the stage 2 Krokorok's Crunch attack.

I have yet to play this deck against my friends yet, so when I do get some games in, I will post how it did. Still, any tips on making this deck possibly better, please feel free to post.

:575: :530: :621: :553:

Lumos77
30th November 2011, 1:18 AM
Just to go over the pokemon:
4-2-4 Gothitelle (magic room ability)
3-1-2 Reuniclus BW
1 Kyruem
1 Zekrom/Reshiram

This is a totally different deck, but with energy acceleration decks out there, discarding energies isn't that great. Look at my Gothitelle deck somewhere on this forum, and you'll see the complete deck. Also go to http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum-deck-garage for good deck ideas.

ven?
30th November 2011, 3:15 AM
1-2-3, you're only going to be able to play 1 max per pokemon.

ShadowStrifer
30th November 2011, 3:36 AM
I see what you mean Ven, I just don't know what I would take out or how I would be able to make it 2-2-3 for either Gothitelle or Krookodile. Any ideas what I could do?

Krookodile would be the ideal main line evo and then I guess I would make Gothitelle be the second line evo.

EDIT: Just so you guys are on the same page as me, the evo chain is 3 basic, 2 stage 1, and 1 stage 2 poke. Hope that clears it up. :)

ven?
30th November 2011, 4:08 AM
you don't need 19 energy so get rid of energy for pokemon.

Lumos77
30th November 2011, 4:20 AM
You do know about rare candies, right?

ShadowStrifer
30th November 2011, 10:43 AM
I will lessen the energy then. Thanks Ven.

And yes, Lumos I do know about rare candies, however, as I have stated in the past, I have no way in my town to get any of the older cards other then the occasional Call of Legends pack. All I can get is Black and White up. So Rare Candies are a no go.

Lumos77
30th November 2011, 10:29 PM
Does e-bay or amazon not reach you? Also, if you only do for fun, why not proxies?

ven?
2nd December 2011, 5:35 AM
I'd say take out the revive for rare candy you already have super rod.

Charze
4th December 2011, 5:20 AM
What I would recommend is perhaps going to only one type of energy, so in your case perhaps getting rid of the Psychic (although Magic Room Gothitelle is all the rage in competitive battling). If Rare Candies aren't availible, see if you could run maybe 4-3-3 for Krookodile and 3-2 for Excadrill (Basic is first number) Draw power is always great, such as Cleffa, Copycat, or Cheren may help. When you get more good cards, you would want to exchange those in for the revives, potions, and energy retrivals you have. Good Luck!

toonnee
4th December 2011, 9:11 PM
i believe you mean stage 1 krokorok not stage 2 in your first post. anyway looks like the krookodile theme deck+gothitelle theme deck +zoroark excadrill deck to me. cool idea. anyways love the idea, i havent seen it before and i agree with the other dudes: need rare candy because you have couple of stage 2s. i'd add some more stage 2s if i were you, rush decks will trample on your toes. but unique idea

ven?
5th December 2011, 4:36 AM
the least amount of stage 2 pokemon and the most amount of basic's makes your deck run more fluidly.