PDA

View Full Version : White: Victini & Zekrom (14)

Serebii
2nd December 2011, 6:00 PM
http://www.serebii.net/M14.jpgWhite: Victini & Zekrom

Arriving in Eindoak Town, Ash & Co. learn about the Sword of the Vale, a special castle which is protected by the Pokémon Victini for millennia. However, a descendant of the ancient people, Damon, is intent on restoring the lost kingdom from long ago and has convinced Reshiram to help him ensare Victini and use its power. It's up to Ash to befriend the Pokémon Zekrom and help protect Victini and the city of Eindoak...

Visit The Movie Guide (http://www.serebii.net/movies/victini)

Discuss

MidnightMelody
3rd December 2011, 6:40 PM
Ok so who voiced Damon and Carlita? I wanted to say Tatum did Damon.

SmartD
3rd December 2011, 8:12 PM
I saw the movie today and it was cool. The battles were neat, and the Pokemon were neat too, like Victini, Zekrom, and Reshiram. Reshiram and the mayor (Manis? I forgot his name) sound familiar, but I'm not sure who voices them.

Haunter ゴースト
3rd December 2011, 8:21 PM
I saw the movie today and it was cool. The battles were neat, and the Pokemon were neat too, like Victini, Zekrom, and Reshiram. Reshiram and the mayor (Manis? I forgot his name) sound familiar, but I'm not sure who voices them.

Is the intro theme song (when they're fighting in the tournament) remixed?

It wasn't in the Japanese but im hoping it is for the dub.

Hikari Paradise
3rd December 2011, 8:40 PM
This movie was completely awesome. Victini was so adorable and powerful and the movie had a few tearjerkers. After the movie I got a bag of goodies including a bit of manga and a jumbo Victini card :) And did anyone else notice that Zekrom sounded like Don George? lol

Yeul
3rd December 2011, 9:01 PM
Say, wasn't JYB and Vic Mangina confirmed to be in this film? I wanna know who they voiced!

MidnightMelody
3rd December 2011, 9:07 PM
Is the intro theme song (when they're fighting in the tournament) remixed?

It wasn't in the Japanese but im hoping it is for the dub.

Not remixed it was a full song. Unless that is what you mean by remixed.

Say, wasn't JYB and Vic Mangina confirmed to be in this film? I wanna know who they voiced!

I swear Damon was JYB. Vic could of done Carlita. He has done girls before XD

Draknir
3rd December 2011, 9:26 PM
I just got home from watching this and I have one word for it: Awesome. I loved how they showed Golurk using Fly. I really hadn't thought that would be how they'd show it. I also was mistaken and had the Shinies flipped, so I was surprised when Carlita's Hydreigon was Shiny. Loved the fight between Reshiram and Zekrom. Victini's "squee" moments involving the macaroons were cute, and when it ran into things while invisible was hilarious. Can't wait until the Black version!

Hikari Paradise
3rd December 2011, 9:27 PM
I swear Damon was JYB.

Nope it's Michael Tatum.

MidnightMelody
3rd December 2011, 9:53 PM
Nope it's Michael Tatum.

Who is Carlita?

ChikoritaCheezits
3rd December 2011, 10:20 PM
I thought the movie was awesome! The music and the story mixed with it being in theaters made it even better!

Hikari Paradise
3rd December 2011, 10:31 PM
Who is Carlita?

I don't recognize the voice and bulbapedia doesn't say.

vipsoccermaster
4th December 2011, 12:43 AM
I watched the movie today as well. It was definitely awesome! Victini was yet another thing special in this movie. It's sort of a shame that Snivy didn't show up, only in the credits. I'll be watching the Black Version next Saturday, too!

And I also got the small Victini package, too. Neat.

Marbi Z
4th December 2011, 12:48 AM
It was nice to see Pokemon on the big screen again. It also had an actual DEATH REFERENCE!! We haven't seen that since Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

G50
4th December 2011, 12:53 AM
This movie was very good. Victini was so adorable and funny! Especially when it was running into things in invisible mode. The battles against Emboar, Serperior and Samurott were great. Pokabu and Zuruggu were so cute trying to battle much bigger opponents. Nice to see that they were the ones getting the boost to win. Emboar and Samurott looked so cool! Zekrom is such an awesome Pokemon in this movie, the special effects of its ability and attacks were expectional. Braviary and Carracosta looked great! The plot was very complex, but was handled really well. Victini's attacks looked great. Even though this movie had the least number of my favorite version-exclusive Pokemon, it was still great.

70/100

MidnightMelody
4th December 2011, 1:06 AM
I wonder if the BW song and the Star song can be downaloded

joecab
4th December 2011, 2:33 AM
Did John DiMaggio do the voice of Momont, the mayor? Sure sounded a lot like the Aquaman voice he used on Batman: the Brave and the Bold.

SmartD
4th December 2011, 2:35 AM
It was nice to see Pokemon on the big screen again. It also had an actual DEATH REFERENCE!! We haven't seen that since Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Yeah, I was like wow when one of characters said "die". You don't hear that word very often in the anime.

The Great Butler
4th December 2011, 5:31 AM
J. Michael Tatum was Damon and Leah Clark also appeared, I suspect as Carlita. If John DiMaggio was also in it, the show's taking a massive step up in VA quality.

Sarah Natochenny... I can't hate her anymore. Not after today. She's actually learned how to act. Her performance at the climax of the movie was simply excellent, and I went in with very low expectations.

As for the movie itself, I think this is my new favorite movie without a doubt. The story was nicely complex while remaining straightforward, all the characters were likeable - especially Damon, whose goals were relateable and understandable - and the art was mind-blowingly good. Of course, having Production IG, JC Staff and BONES working on that helped sort it out.

jrizza88
4th December 2011, 6:48 PM
Don't you all mean you can't wait for the white version? also, I loved how Macaroons were pronounced wrong during the entire movie haha.. I did like the battle scenes and thought it was nice to see Pikachu PWN a serperior, since in the anime Pikachu got pwned by Snivy/Servine... I think the movie keeps Pikachu's ability without resetting it like in the Anime?

halloweenghost
4th December 2011, 7:16 PM
Great movie but..what happened with the tournament? Did Ash win it? He was the last to hold his necklace... and if so how did I miss it? Course there was a troop of little kids there taking up the last three rows for a birthdayparty thing, at time, they talked, that or me getting my chair bumped alot... I may have missed it...

I absoultly loved the long movie version of the black and White theme.. didn't get to hear the "Follow your star" song much other then the chorus as when the credits hit, the troop behind us got noisy.. only reason i knew the name was because i saw the song name listed in the credits.

Oh and During the end credits, the scene that shows team rocket in their hat trench coats hiding behind a newspaper in a resteraunt and you see Ash and company 's reflection on the window... I swore I saw after them Peg from the zoroark movie not far behind ash and crew.. please tell me I was not the only one who saw this?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Peg

aove link is peg incase you need a refresher on who that is..

the1stpkmnfan
4th December 2011, 7:50 PM
I just got back awhile ago from the theatre I saw the movie at, and yes, it was great! A wonderful movie for the Black/White saga of this generation. Humorous, Exciting, Beautiful, Insightful and Creative. All I love to see in Pokemon movies. This one especially hit all the nail on the head. What a treat it was to watch it in theater houses as well; all the kids coming in to watch the movie were excited. Reminded me of when I was their age, when I saw the first five movies that had ever been released to theaters. If this went successful, I'd love to watch the 15th movie next year in theaters.

Movie wise, I loved Victini and all the Pokemon involved. Hydriegon, Golurk, Reuinclus, etc, all great. The animation was spectacular as well, not to mention. It's even surprising to have a character be both good and evil in actions. Since we don't have an actual villain this time, it's quite interesting at that. But it's good to know the guy realized his mistake and did something to change it. And also, I nearly thought that Ash had died during the critical moment with Victini incased in those pillars of protection. But thankfully he's all fine and dandy. Glad he got to keep his promise to Victini for taking it to the ocean.

I want that full version of the Season 14 theme song (from the beginning of the film). It was so AWESOME.

Again, wonderful movie, and I'd love to go see it again if I could. Outstanding. :D

Sparkleo
4th December 2011, 10:33 PM
I liked this movie, and the cute little Victini. It really loved those macaroons/macarons.

I didn't realize Zekrom and Reshiram were each one of those "telepathic talkers" like Mewtwo, Lugia, and the like, but their voices matched the ones I imagined in my head.

It was a great experience in itself seeing a pokemon movie since Spell of the Unown

Looking forward to how Victini & Reshiram differ on CN this week.

MidnightMelody
5th December 2011, 2:04 AM
I want that full version of the Season 14 theme song (from the beginning of the film). It was so AWESOME.

:D

Same I loved it!

halloweenghost
5th December 2011, 2:11 AM
Same. Movie version of "Black and White" was amazing and I look forward to getting hold of it

I liked the verse "It's not always right or wrong.."

Cartoonami
5th December 2011, 3:10 AM
Another exciting Pokemon adventure. I thought it had a complicated story compared to others, and keeping track of how they explained the People of the Veil (sic) was tricky on the spur. This was counterbalanced by excellent animation and music score.
I thought they did a great job with balancing Team Rocket's character, keeping them both silly and tough. Victini was appealing, both curious, an charmy ally, and highly sensitive.
Why though could Victini not pass the protection pillars? I don't get that.
As far as the audience, there were people of all ages. Kids my age (college), kids with parents, grandparents, teens... That was cool that they were aware of the movie's release. I can say I've seen all possible Pokemon movies on the big screen here in the states, including the 13'th in the B&W mall tour. I had a fun time!

halloweenghost
5th December 2011, 3:41 AM
To all you folks saying they called "macaroons" wrong..no..no they did not.. it is Macaron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaron

Honah
5th December 2011, 10:50 AM
Don't you all mean you can't wait for the white version? also, I loved how Macaroons were pronounced wrong during the entire movie haha..

That's because they were not macaroons: coconut nugget things. They were macarons: meringues with filling.

halloweenghost
5th December 2011, 8:06 PM
That's because they were not macaroons: coconut nugget things. They were macarons: meringues with filling.

yeah I've seen alot of... "even though the called macaroon wrong throughout the whole movie"

danparker
10th December 2011, 4:34 PM
Well, I have seen this movie in theaters this past weekend. And it was an okay movie. It was also the first Pokemon movie I've seen in a theater since the fourth movie 9 years ago.

It felt good to see a new Pokemon movie in theaters in a long time. The story is okay, not too great, but okay. However, Ash's voice actor still doesn't sound like his old voice actor in my taster. Team Rocket's current voice actors on the other hand, does sound like their old va's. OH well.

And also, this is the first time I've seen Iris and Cilian in action.

Shadows of Destiny
10th December 2011, 5:41 PM
Any details on release in Canada? Or when it's airing???

pokefan16
12th December 2011, 4:00 PM
is this one aired on t.v. just like the other one??

halloweenghost
12th December 2011, 11:49 PM
is this one aired on t.v. just like the other one??

No.. this one was in theaters.

Rapiido
13th December 2011, 6:17 AM
I think the only reason I would watch this movie again would be for the visuals.

What was the point of having any human characters other than Ash and Damon in the movie? The rest of them did next to nothing that advanced the plot.

I mean the entirety of the movie for Iris and Cilan felt like:

ASH IS IN TROUBLE
ASH IS ALRIGHT
ASH IS IN TROUBLE
ASH IS ALRIGHT
OH LOOK A DRAGON
TRY MY MACARONS
OH NO ASH IS IN TROUBLE AGAIN

Woulda been nice to have seen Iris and Cilan's battles actually last more than 5 seconds each. Iris's I can give because of Volt Switch... but Pansage didn't even get to DO anything. Ash's battles alone weren't even that special.

Also I feel as if the entire plot could've been told in a single episode, MAYBE a two-parter...

I feel as if we got robbed of decent plot and characters just so that we could get to slight variations of the same movie. Lame.

The Great Butler
13th December 2011, 7:43 AM
Also I feel as if the entire plot could've been told in a single episode, MAYBE a two-parter.

The funny part is, you could say the same thing about most of the original series movies too.

SmartD
14th December 2011, 10:27 PM
The cast for the dub:

Damon - J. Michael Tatum
Carlita - Leah Clark
Juanita - Khristine Hvam
Luisa - Lisa Ortiz
Mannes - Michael Alston Baley
Reshiram - Tom Wayland
Zekrom - Michael Chobot

I've never heard the voice actor who voiced Zekrom.

Moonlight Amaryllis
24th December 2011, 7:56 PM
The beginning was a bit weird but I loved the movie, all the same. Victini was pretty cute and Zekrom is still epic. Shame Snivy wasn't in it- I would've loved a super powerful Vine Whip or Attract. Ash passed out three times- exellent!

Can't wait until M15!

~Silver Aura~
2nd January 2012, 3:56 PM
Ash passed out three times- exellent

Yep a new record! lol anyway I've finished watching the movie around an hour ago after it aired on CITV, I wasn't disappointed, it was an awesome movie! I loved how Ash teased Victini with those macarons, adorable!

Nightmare Fuel
2nd January 2012, 8:56 PM
Lol wouldnt YOU cry if ash grabbed you? And i imagine throwing twigs so ash would fail the cliff.

1rkhachatryan
7th January 2012, 12:12 AM
OMG I just watched this movie yesterday and holy crap, it kicked pokemon blacks ***!!!

Moonlight Amaryllis
8th January 2012, 4:52 PM
OMG I just watched this movie yesterday and holy crap, it kicked pokemon blacks ***!!!

I know, right? White was so much better than Black! Personally, I think Ash will befriend Zekrom in the episodes because, well, Zekrom chose him, didn't he? In the first and second Best Wishes episodes?

Hyper Tails
4th February 2012, 3:50 PM
Just wanted to add that Cartoon Network will be showing "Pokemon White" next Saturday. Just saw an ad for it on television while watching the rerun of Pokemon Black.

AuraChannelerChris
4th February 2012, 6:54 PM
Just wanted to add that Cartoon Network will be showing "Pokemon White" next Saturday. Just saw an ad for it on television while watching the rerun of Pokemon Black.

Yes, I did, too. I'll consider this a good trade-off for having to wait for the new episodes.

Pokemaniac24
11th February 2012, 5:52 PM
I just finished watching this movie on Cartoon Network and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I thought it was really well done, and it wasn't the typical Pokemon movie. There were no legendary Pokemon fighting, there were no villains. It was just two people with different ideas trying to accomplish what they set out to do. Damon is really a good guy who wants to make his moms dreams a reality and restore the kingdom of Vale. He doesn't realize what he was doing could set the whole world in great danger, and I really liked that story line. I don't see why Team Rocket was in the movie since they didn't do anything of importance (they weren't even that funny) but whatever. this was definitely Ash's movie. He was the star. Cilan and Iris were pushed to the background for most of the movie.

I love the way the movie looked, the scenes with Ash and Victini were pretty touching and emotional. The music was good. I really liked the scenes where Tepig and Scraggy get powered up by Victini. It was a very fun movie. Zekrom, Victini, and Reshiram were all awesome. So I really can't find to many flaws with the movie. Like I said, this wasn't your typical good vs evil Pokemon movie so there wasn't really a huge climatic battle. So having said that, I think what made it so good was the characters. I thought Damon was a great new character who was only trying to help his people. The legendary Pokemon in this movie were great. And like I said, the scenes with Ash and Victini and their bond were all very well done. So overall, it did have a very different feel to it that set it apart from a lot of the other movies. So this was a great movie and I'm looking forward to what they are going to do with movie 15! :)

Azureth
11th February 2012, 10:36 PM
There were no legendary Pokemon fighting,

Reshiram and Zekrom were going at it for a minute or two. <_<

I don't see why Team Rocket was in the movie since they didn't do anything of importance (they weren't even that funny) but whatever. this was definitely Ash's movie. He was the star. Cilan and Iris were pushed to the background for most of the movie.
That happens in every movie. To varying extents.

Pokemaniac24
11th February 2012, 10:47 PM
Azureth, yeah sorry about that. I shouldn't have worded it that way. That's not really the point I was trying to make. I meant that the whole movie didn't really center around it like other movies did. Zekrom did come to Ash to help him save Vinciti, but like you said, it really only lasted a minute or two and didn't come until the last 20 minutes basically which is different than a few of the other movies. Sorry about that. That was worded wrong. Great fight that was by the way too ha ha ;)

And yeah, I never really felt Jessie, James, and Meowth served a huge purpose in really any of the movies, but I mean here they really only literally had what like 5 minutes of screen time in the whole things? I know that may be the same for almost every movie, but I felt that in the beginning movies they got a little bit more dialogue.

In other words, the legendary Pokemon fighting wasn't the focus of the movie, and I kinda liked that we got more character interaction during this.

AuraChannelerChris
11th February 2012, 11:48 PM
Damon was a villain in the Well-Intentioned Extremist way. I mean, stopping everyone AND his mom from helping Victini from his pain? He saw the errors of his way once he looked down from Damn Excalibur Fortress.

Pokemaniac24
11th February 2012, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I could see how Damon was somewhat of a villain. I mean he did say something about making sacrifices in order to get to the greater truth so he was fully ready to kill Vinciti if he had to. He wasn't the typical Pokemon villains we get in movies though, and I actually find him quite an interesting character.

Honeyichigo
12th February 2012, 1:03 AM
I have to say, I like how they extended the difference between the two movies beyond just swapping the dragons, with the Pokemon that show up mirroring the version exclusives for the two games and Ash and co taking a different fork in the road at the beginning.

vipsoccermaster
13th February 2012, 9:29 AM
Re-watched it Sunday morning. Again, Victini was adorable. Victini really enjoyed those macaroons. It's great to see this movie again before the new season.

Battra
18th February 2012, 3:28 PM
So it's basically 90% the same as Black the other 10% being the opening and the other slight changes depending on which one your watching. It's still as the problems of,

TR being useless

The major plothole of the King not leaving any instructions that moving the castle was a bad idea, & to take down the barrier so Victini isn't trapped.

Ash being a Gary Sue

In the end the movies very basic with typical contrived writing for the Pokemon series, it does a good job of showing off Victini, Reshiram, & Zekrom.

toxictwinkie
19th February 2012, 9:33 AM
I've watched it at the cinemas, in Australia in was released on Feb 18th and 19th. It was an excellent pokemon film . However it was a DVD version playing which made the image not sharp and kinda blurry. it look kinda bad in a Hoyts Cinema Screen. Couldn't they play the Blu-Ray version to improve the quality?. And near the end of the credits they turned off the projector :/. That annoyed me.

However I was very happy to have watched a Pokemon Movie at the cinemas again. worth it!

Locormus
12th July 2012, 10:10 AM
I've watched it at the cinemas, in Australia in was released on Feb 18th and 19th. It was an excellent pokemon film . However it was a DVD version playing which made the image not sharp and kinda blurry. it look kinda bad in a Hoyts Cinema Screen. Couldn't they play the Blu-Ray version to improve the quality?. And near the end of the credits they turned off the projector :/. That annoyed me.

However I was very happy to have watched a Pokemon Movie at the cinemas again. worth it!

Hahahaha! You know you've went to a crap movie theatre when THAT happens... Honestly, if they chose to play of a DVD, rather then original film, or MEMORY BANK, then that's just pathetic...

Eitherway, gonna watch it as it starts airing on TvTokyo...

Really like the animation of Reshiram in this movie. Especially how it awakens and shows up when Zekrom is about the finish Golurk. I'm more of a guy that likes Zekrom, so I'm actually quite surprised. Oh well, animation always has made people love certain pokemon more. I remember hating Stantler ingame, but that episode with Brock made me quite endearing to it...

Milennin
1st November 2013, 11:44 PM
This movie was... meh. For some reason nothing about it grabbed me. It wasn't bad per se, just nothing in it made me want to like it. None of the characters were interesting to me (really miss Brock, and don't care for Iris at all). Victini is one of those legendaries that just isn't that appealing to me, though it was slightly cute in the movie. Never liked the design for Reshiram (it's so... weird), and it isn't any better in the movie. I had a hard time keeping my attention watching this, I missed a bunch of the story, so I had no idea what exactly was going on. And what happened to the music? All I heard were some songs that didn't sound like Pokémon at all and were just there in the background.

PokemontrainerY
2nd November 2013, 6:03 AM
This movie is the only good movie from the BW saga in my opinion. It has excellent animation and a good plot, which is why I enjoyed watching it.
I liked Ash and Victini's interactions throughout the movie, the bond between them was much better than Dawn and Shaymin's bond in the 11th movie. Seeing Ash riding on Zekrom was awsome as well. It's nice to have a character(Damien)who's both good and evil in his actions. Ash trying to make Damien realize his mistakes was cool. he did realize his mistakes and tried to fix it. Also, the scene with Ash, Pikachu and Victini trapped in those pillars of protection was pretty intense, Ash's English VA Sarah did a great job voicing him in that scene. I thought Victini died, but thankfully it was fine and alive. The last scene between Ash and Victini near the ocean was touching.

I really liked this movie's opening song "Black and White" and ending song "Follow Your Star", both songs are great and goes well with the movie.