PDA

View Full Version : Events Discussion/Help Thread

Wulava
5th December 2011, 1:57 PM
I noticed that several users keep creating threads just to seek help for events.
So, I've finally decided to create one.

As the title states, this thread is for discussing and seeking help for Pokemon events -- both Wi-Fi and non Wi-Fi.

Be sure to check the main site's list of current and upcoming events here: http://www.serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml
For a list of BW Wi-Fi events, go here: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/wifievents.shtml

rocky505
5th December 2011, 2:11 PM
I like that they put Victini on Wifi. But I wonder how they'll handle the Zekrom and Reshiram ones.

Qmaz246
5th December 2011, 2:12 PM
They will probably take them to Game Shops, or Toys r us. At least in the US.

foxyman1167
5th December 2011, 3:12 PM
More of an event related discussion, though I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Can a Heart Scale be used to remember an event only move?

Eranu™
5th December 2011, 3:14 PM
I think it was great the Victini one was on wifi.
It's too bad there's no Toys'r'us near my house so i miss out on most events.

rocky505
5th December 2011, 3:21 PM
More of an event related discussion, though I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Can a Heart Scale be used to remember an event only move? no once you delete the event move it is gone for good.

foxyman1167
5th December 2011, 3:30 PM
Damn, I shouldn't have deleted Weather Ball from Crown Raikou

MSK
5th December 2011, 6:53 PM
Can anyone tell me if I will be able to download the Spanish Gamestop Darkrai onto my UK Black cart while I am out there over Xmas?

Thanks

PokeTimmy
5th December 2011, 6:54 PM
Anyone think the Darkrai events currently happening in Europe will make there way over to North America?

Or is that Darkrai event simply one of the previous US Darkrai events finally making its way over to Europe?

MJedi
5th December 2011, 7:55 PM
If I have Victini from the first Wi-Fi event (received Liberty Pass from the purchase of the game) I can have another Victini from this new Wi-Fi event?

The Eleventh
5th December 2011, 8:01 PM
If I have Victini from the first Wi-Fi event (received Liberty Pass from the purchase of the game) I can have another Victini from this new Wi-Fi event?
Yes, of course.

MJedi
5th December 2011, 9:52 PM
Yes, of course.
Cool. Thanks!

Gold-Kaiser
7th December 2011, 12:14 AM
someone help i cant get the download as i keep getting error code 31020 ive had it for months and no one seems to have a answer or have just not reponded in other posts, soz if this in wrong place but it is event download help needed so i assume im posting in right place 8D

Deoxys386
7th December 2011, 4:59 PM
This WiFi Victini was the first event I ever did. I SR'd to get an Adamant one. Then, I created a UU team with it. Surprisingly, it only took 3 SRs to get Adamant Victini.

MSK
7th December 2011, 5:34 PM
This WiFi Victini was the first event I ever did. I SR'd to get an Adamant one. Then, I created a UU team with it. Surprisingly, it only took 3 SRs to get Adamant Victini.

You should've RNG'd it instead then you cuold've got flawless IV's as well :)

Deoxys386
7th December 2011, 5:37 PM
I don't know how to RNG. >_< And from what I've seen, it seems a bit too complicated.

But, I think the 180 BP STAB kind of makes up for my Victini's meh IVs.

The Eleventh
7th December 2011, 7:42 PM
I don't know how to RNG. >_< And from what I've seen, it seems a bit too complicated.
It's really not, as long as you stay alert and bother to put in effort while learning. It's relatively simple after that. Wondercard RNGing is perhaps the easiest form, along with stationary Pokémon RNGing.

Gandhi candy
11th December 2011, 7:07 PM
someone help i cant get the download as i keep getting error code 31020 ive had it for months and no one seems to have a answer or have just not reponded in other posts, soz if this in wrong place but it is event download help needed so i assume im posting in right place 8D

i have the same error like many others. its probalby a server thing as lots of users are trying to download, just look at the amunt of youtube videos, posts, threads and discussions about this error. ive tried at early and late hour and will try further towards the end as mot people should have got it by then but if i dont im going to be annoyed as i missed the evee thing as well

DragonXmicro
11th December 2011, 11:12 PM
so ive a theory about mewtwo event. Come 3/6/2012 itll be in the states, since its a 1st yr aniv of bw

manniezmoll
12th December 2011, 1:45 AM
so ive a theory about mewtwo event. Come 3/6/2012 itll be in the states, since its a 1st yr aniv of bw

here's hoping...still waiting on some of the japanese events to make their way stateside...

Vest
14th December 2011, 5:14 PM
I'm looking forward to the year of the dragon shiny eggs that have just been announced.

Blazios
14th December 2011, 5:50 PM
I'm looking forward to the year of the dragon shiny eggs that have just been announced.

You know they're not coming to England, right?

If we didn't get Snarl Zoroark or the Light Ball, we're not getting these.

Vest
14th December 2011, 7:24 PM

I'll trade for them, like the other ones you mentioned.

Blazios
14th December 2011, 7:33 PM
Ah, makes sense.

abrar14
14th December 2011, 8:29 PM
What new events?

Blazios
14th December 2011, 8:30 PM
http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

GoldenMagikarp
14th December 2011, 9:36 PM

Didn't snarl Zoroark come to England? It came to other European countries and the states.

Blazios
14th December 2011, 9:39 PM
Didn't snarl Zoroark come to England? It came to other European countries and the states.

It came to the USA, Australia, Greece, France, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. No UK :(

GoldenMagikarp
14th December 2011, 9:42 PM
That's odd. I got mine in Sweden and all swedish events are usually in the UK too.

RawWrzz
14th December 2011, 9:42 PM
is the japanese egg event over mystery gift? or dream world?

manniezmoll
14th December 2011, 9:45 PM
sounds like mystery gift...sucks that it's only in japan...why can't they do every region at the same time?

Blazios
14th December 2011, 9:46 PM
That's odd. I got mine in Sweden and all swedish events are usually in the UK too.

It was in Sweden too? That's the first I've heard of it being there. When was it?

is the japanese egg event over mystery gift? or dream world?

It's in one of the Pokémon Centres in Japan.

GoldenMagikarp
14th December 2011, 9:50 PM
It was in Sweden too? That's the first I've heard of it being there. When was it?

It's in one of the Pokémon Centres in Japan.

It was sometimes this summer (can't remember exactly) at the sime time as the Shelmet and Karrablast events. A strange thing is that the Shelmet and Karrablast didn't seem to be the same as the ones given out in the other countries. They were lv 50, had a different moveset and had a classic ribbon instead of the festival ribbon.

Blazios
14th December 2011, 9:57 PM
Yeah, I think that's the same as all the ones in Europe.

Didn't know you got that, either.

GoldenMagikarp
14th December 2011, 10:02 PM
The serebii event database shows the lv 30 ones.

Blazios
14th December 2011, 10:11 PM
So it does. I checked Bulbapedia before and they had the Level 50 ones.

GoldenMagikarp
14th December 2011, 10:17 PM
Ok. Maybe serebii listed the wrong ones. I thought that it was a little weird with a Swedish exclusive event.

MSK
14th December 2011, 11:01 PM
Europe are getting a lot more than us in the UK at the moment :(
Like Spain and Germany currently have a Darkrai event going (France had it too but they've finished)
I hope we get the Mewtwo 1st anniversary event!! Picked my Japanese one up the other day but RNG'd it with a date earlier than it came out (stupid mistake :( lol)
Waiting for Thundurus/Tornadus Jap event to start end of tomorrow so I can download that on my Jap cart.

Really wish we had a Pokecentre in the UK so we'd get all the events they get!! Or maybe I'll have to move to Japan!!!

donphant
15th December 2011, 10:41 AM
Europe are getting a lot more than us in the UK at the moment :(
Like Spain and Germany currently have a Darkrai event going (France had it too but they've finished)
I hope we get the Mewtwo 1st anniversary event!! Picked my Japanese one up the other day but RNG'd it with a date earlier than it came out (stupid mistake :( lol)
Waiting for Thundurus/Tornadus Jap event to start end of tomorrow so I can download that on my Jap cart.

Really wish we had a Pokecentre in the UK so we'd get all the events they get!! Or maybe I'll have to move to Japan!!!

I agree
i totally understand Japan getting loads of exclusive event Pokemon (no brainier) but why is the U.S and other part of Europe getting more.

From researching Nintendo Europe is based in Germany but that should make a difference but the thing i dont understand is that The Pokemon Company International has an office in the U.S and in London so why not more in the U.K?

2rsa
15th December 2011, 10:46 AM
I know its considered cheating but i'm looking forward to downloading the 6 shiny dragon pokemon wonder cards so i could get the shinies on my UK black.:p

NoToRiousBrawL
15th December 2011, 11:12 AM
I do not think those Drgons would be impossible to get :/ there were much rare events than those Event Traders could have obtained em.

EDIT I wish they would have egg moves event also =)

donphant
15th December 2011, 1:44 PM
I know its considered cheating but i'm looking forward to downloading the 6 shiny dragon pokemon wonder cards so i could get the shinies on my UK black.:p

its Not cheating, per say, the fact you paid for a Japanese copy shows your commitment.
I got both Black and White games because
A) had the money
B) i wanted them ALL
C) my copy of Pokemon black didnt come on rlease day so i got white that day.

i traded with a guy Jirachi (lv5) and its a Japanese one which i think is kool

The Eleventh
15th December 2011, 6:31 PM
its Not cheating, per say, the fact you paid for a Japanese copy shows your commitment.
It appears that 2rsa will be hacking the Wondercards to get the Dragon-type Pokémon, as how else would one go about getting them on non-Japanese versions with the term "cheating" involved?

Also, it's "per se" and overused.

kaiser soze
15th December 2011, 6:34 PM
Not really excited about the Japanese Dragons TBH. I care more about events with special moves (or event-exclusive mons).

Wytetyger
16th December 2011, 5:12 AM
How come when I check the events page for BW on here it doesnt say ANYTHING about all these events that basically happened LAST year?? Yet on Bulbapedia I guess I've missed about 20 pokemon. Awesome.

2rsa
16th December 2011, 4:30 PM
I got both Black and White games because
A) had the money
B) i wanted them ALL
C) my copy of Pokemon black didnt come on rlease day so i got white that day.

i traded with a guy Jirachi (lv5) and its a Japanese one which i think is kool
Well its still cheating.the pokemons wont be hackes but the way to get them will be cheating.XD

MSK
17th December 2011, 12:52 AM
Just had my Japanese Pokemon email and looks like they're getting another event!!!
A Shaymin is being distributed in all PokeCentre's in Japan from Today until 15th Jan, as far as I can translate because it's been a great year!!

I wish I was living in Japan :(

Zoruagible
17th December 2011, 4:43 PM
Just had my Japanese Pokemon email and looks like they're getting another event!!!
A Shaymin is being distributed in all PokeCentre's in Japan from Today until 15th Jan, as far as I can translate because it's been a great year!!

I wish I was living in Japan :(

That doesn't mean it isn't possible we'll get it.

The Eleventh
17th December 2011, 5:09 PM
That doesn't mean it isn't possible we'll get it.
It's a Pokémon Center event. I don't think they're ever distributed elsewhere.

MSK
20th January 2012, 9:36 PM
So Japan is getting yet another in life event a tasty looking Rayquaza with V-Create!!
Is it just me or does anyone else wish they lived in Japan :(
It seems the UK is going back to the old days when we get no events while everyone else gets all the good stuff. Spain, France and Germany got a Darkrai just before Xmas yet still no sign of it coming over to us :(
Japan get all the great DW events with Single use codes so you can't trawl the internet to find them. While in the UK we get a few rubbish Pokemon that they give a general code for . . says it all.
I really hope we get some events soon or at least something decent at the VGC (didn't even give an event Poke there last year in Birmingham!!!) or I'll be firing off a strongly worded email to Nintendo of Europe lol

2rsa
20th January 2012, 11:09 PM
So Japan is getting yet another in life event a tasty looking Rayquaza with V-Create!!
Is it just me or does anyone else wish they lived in Japan :(
It seems the UK is going back to the old days when we get no events while everyone else gets all the good stuff. Spain, France and Germany got a Darkrai just before Xmas yet still no sign of it coming over to us :(
Japan get all the great DW events with Single use codes so you can't trawl the internet to find them. While in the UK we get a few rubbish Pokemon that they give a general code for . . says it all.
I really hope we get some events soon or at least something decent at the VGC (didn't even give an event Poke there last year in Birmingham!!!) or I'll be firing off a strongly worded email to Nintendo of Europe lol
In life event?i thought it was a dream world event.

Gandhi candy
12th February 2012, 3:34 PM
get back to topic
im getting error code 31020 again and the mewto events out arrrrrrrrrrrgh
i have no problems with dream world or global trading and stuff but i get this error on mystery gift and battle competion
hhhhhhhheeeeeeeelllllllllppppppppp

The Eleventh
12th February 2012, 4:42 PM
get back to topic
im getting error code 31020 again and the mewto events out arrrrrrrrrrrgh
i have no problems with dream world or global trading and stuff but i get this error on mystery gift and battle competion
hhhhhhhheeeeeeeelllllllllppppppppp
This (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=31020&system=3DS&locale=en_US) is what Nintendo has to say about error code 31020 (I presume you're using a 3DS, as your signature implies). Also, have a read through this thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=545259) (it's evident you already have, but try out the recommendations again if you already have not).

☭Secret_Shocker☭
13th February 2012, 8:21 AM
Now event mewtwo made its way on wifi. Its not really worth it IMO, but still getting it nonetheless.

GoldenMagikarp
13th February 2012, 3:18 PM
It's now confirmed that Keldeo is in the next movie. I hope they do a wifi-event for it (like they did with the movie-Victini).

iamthenightrider
14th February 2012, 3:28 AM
Hey guys

i had a quick look and couldnt see anything, but im unable to recieve mewtwo through the wi fi event in australia? ive checked my internet connection and thats fine, but its telling me theres no wifi gifts. anyone else having this issue?

GoldenMagikarp
14th February 2012, 3:37 PM
Hey guys

i had a quick look and couldnt see anything, but im unable to recieve mewtwo through the wi fi event in australia? ive checked my internet connection and thats fine, but its telling me theres no wifi gifts. anyone else having this issue?

Wich language is in your game? The event only works for english-language games.

GoldenMagikarp
9th April 2012, 12:48 PM
I got the Reshiram event today (9th of April) event thought it was supposed to end on the 8th of April.

DiamondClass
9th April 2012, 6:26 PM
Hey guys

Before you connected did you select Nintendo WFC?

Zekrom143
30th April 2012, 12:41 AM
I'm REALLY excited for the Tornadus and Thundurus events when they happen in the US :D!!!

SS_Append
1st May 2012, 5:13 PM
I'm REALLY excited for the Tornadus and Thundurus events when they happen in the US :D!!!
That'd be nice, if they decide to release the anime tie-ins around the world and not just Japan :p

Zekrom143
2nd May 2012, 9:22 PM
They MIGHT do that for these two :3.

Seles
6th May 2012, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know when Meloetta event is comming out?Genesect too.

randomspot555
6th May 2012, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know when Meloetta event is comming out?Genesect too.

When they're announced.

Likely whenever their movie gets released.

AbFabTrainerKira
7th May 2012, 3:24 PM
That'd be nice, if they decide to release the anime tie-ins around the world and not just Japan :p

They did bring the anime tie-in to the US...but they didnt do the Tornadus/Thundurus event. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!!! >_<

Lorde
8th May 2012, 11:16 PM
I downloaded the Wi-Fi Darkrai this morning. I was honestly surprised to learn that it was being given away; I was expecting the version exclusive Kami Pokemon. But I guess Darkrai is better than nothing. I have no plans to use the Darkrai yet, but I'll probably trade it to Black 2 when that's out since I want a complete Pokedex.

ShinyGoogleplex
9th May 2012, 12:14 AM
Could today's Darkrai become shiny thru diligent effort? (SRing, Not Hacking.)

Ryn
9th May 2012, 12:27 AM

I don't see why not. There's been nothing to say otherwise.

ShinyGoogleplex
9th May 2012, 12:28 AM

All I got to say is "WoW!!"

Thanks! 8-)

Does anyone else think Wi-fi's should be handed out to you by Delibirds?

Too Funk to Druck
9th May 2012, 1:14 AM

Only if they go the route of the recent Japanese events and take off the shiny check. I'd say, you're better off waiting until an actual answer to that question.

The majority of events that have been released in Gen IV and Gen V are unable to be shiny(excepting, of course, Newmoon Island Darkrai, and that Shaymin, or any forced shinies). It's never been pointed out by officials that events aren't able to be shiny, that was always determined by players.

GoldenMagikarp
9th May 2012, 4:00 PM
Does anyone else think Wi-fi's should be handed out to you by Delibirds?

That's a good idea :3

I also got my Darkrai yesterday.

Zorua?!
14th May 2012, 2:06 AM
Just realized the Wi-fi Codes are different from Canada to USA for Justified Lucario. The code IS NOT one-time use up here.

HURAAAAAHHH FOR CANADIANS!!!!!!!!!!

got darkrai yesterday as well

Chimecho3000
12th June 2012, 1:21 AM
They've re-released the only B/W event I've missed...so awesome! I've already got the Liberty Victini, but this is still great. :)

Golden_Arcanine
12th June 2012, 3:51 AM
Nice to hear there is a Victini event out. Somehow I lost mine when I restarted my game (I could have sworn I had someone hold onto it). Anyone else feel kinda gypped with a limited amount of American/Non-Japanese events?

Vandslaux
12th June 2012, 5:13 AM
Nice to hear there is a Victini event out. Somehow I lost mine when I restarted my game (I could have sworn I had someone hold onto it). Anyone else feel kinda gypped with a limited amount of American/Non-Japanese events?

Same here. I lost mine when I restarted my game. I had somebody hold onto it.

SS_Append
12th June 2012, 5:18 AM
Anyone else feel kinda gypped with a limited amount of American/Non-Japanese events?
Welcome to the club. Virtually everyone out there thinks the same way...

Dragalge
12th June 2012, 10:16 PM
This is great, now I can have another Victini since my Wifi wasn't working last time

SS_Append
23rd June 2012, 6:08 PM
Does the Shokotan Keldeo come with a shiny check?

Kninja22
23rd June 2012, 6:15 PM
I wanna get my hands on those Japanese Keldeo,But it looks almost Impossible...

Lorde
25th June 2012, 8:04 PM
Does the Shokotan Keldeo come with a shiny check?

I'm 99% sure that it cannot be Shiny. In order for a Wonder Card event Pokemon to be Shiny, it has to be preset to be Shiny (i.e. like the Pikachu-Colored Pichu).

Anyway, I got my hands on a Japanese movie Keldeo yesterday. I don't know its nature since I had it traded to my Japanese White version, but I'm quite pleased with it. I may be able to obtain some more in the coming weeks, but mostly I'm enjoying being one step closer to having a complete Pokedex.

Kninja22
25th June 2012, 11:21 PM
Im rather Interested in that Singing Piplup.

SS_Append
26th June 2012, 12:55 PM
I'm 99% sure that it cannot be Shiny. In order for a Wonder Card event Pokemon to be Shiny, it has to be preset to be Shiny (i.e. like the Pikachu-Colored Pichu).
Or if it doesn't come with a shiny check? The recent Kyushu Train and Fukuoka PC events all didn't come with a shiny check, so they can be shiny. Though through what I've seen so far, I'd say it's a no.

Kninja22
26th June 2012, 3:17 PM
I got myself a Keldeo the other day,PP max and all,Its pretty cool but I forgot to catch the trio...