PDA

View Full Version : excessive violence (zekrom/vileplume)

ven?
11th December 2011, 2:13 AM
the original thought was raichu prime with dynamotor, then zekrom added in, then magnezone as a game ender, then I was like, no, no, no, how about this

3 Zekrom (1 promo, 1 pack, 1 FA)
2-2 Eelectrik
2 tornadus
3-1-2 vileplume
2-1-1 magnezone
1 cleffa
1 terrakion

11 electric energy
2 fighting energy
2 DCE

3 PONT
3 rare candy
2 seeker
3 communication
4 copycat/N (N once rotation)
2 twins
2 burnt tower
2 dual ball
2 sage's training
1 flower shop lady

strategy, the ideal start is zekrom or tornadus with 2 oddish, turn 2 vileplume (out of 13 deck test's I ran vileplume turn 2 11 time's), then start using sage's to toss energy setup dynamotor and start pumping your pokemon with power.

Edit: so I felt like the deck was missing something because it was kinda wonky, so I took out a seeker, electric energy and sage's, for 2 fighting and a terrakion so I can retaliate against other magnezone's.

Lumos77
13th December 2011, 12:23 AM
I really hate this deck, since it killed me in top cut in cities with my magneboar deck.
My opponent ran 3-2-3 or 3-1-3 Magnezone, didn't run Terrakion, and didn't run Seeker. He also did 3-3 Eeletrick.
It destroyed me, flat out. So, based on him, don't run Trainer lock, and run more Magnezone. I think this is a great deck, but hate you for running it.

ven?
13th December 2011, 12:50 AM
lawl I don't like primetime either, but on majority I'm better at running electric decks because they suit my play style. The thing is I would agree that more magnezone would be a better idea, however the idea is mainly built around having basic fighter's instead of wasting my time setting up a stage all I have to do is waste my time to setup an attacker, on another note this also does play into my style by bringing into 2 objectives at the same time of setting up a solid back line as well as a solid attack line equally. I also find that in the format it really is catcher versus trainer lock, My reasoning behind this is the fact that I won against magnezone with trainer lock, without it I probably would have gained a second loss against primetime in my last tourny, and since I only have 1 catcher and 8-3-5 vileplume max I might as well play trainer lock and master that, also I'm thinking of going 2 terrakion so I can at least deal substantial damage back to magnezone, and since you're right prime time play's 4-4 yanmega and 3 magnezone, all I have to do is setup torndus/zekrom faster and deal more damage faster.
Also with catcher in the format it doesn't matter what tech's you play as all it takes is one switch to eff things up.

Lumos77
13th December 2011, 1:23 AM
Well, 1/2 of the people at the tournament played this deck, and only lost to Donphan. Its an amazing deck, but not primetime.

ven?
13th December 2011, 6:51 AM
thats true, it's rare you see it run tornadus, but with trainer lock shutting down catcher, max potion and plus power, zekrom, tornadus, and terrakion are the only means I have to fight donphan head on.

Edit: primetime, magnezone, yanmega, they're all the same name for those deck's.