PDA

View Full Version : Red, Gold, Ruby and Pearl? Pokewhat? (Discussion)

treespyro
21st December 2011, 12:12 PM
Approved by Kamotz

Since we will be basing it exactly on the game, I decided to put this in because it is very important.

It was a sunny summer's day at Bacall High school except it was actually night. The professor who was banned from the school found his way back in. He was yelling at the lockers shouting out "I will get my revenge at those who fired me". Yeah he was your generic crazy professor. He started to build a machine. "I will send them to a different dimension and they will all fear my wrath" he yelled at the hamsters. He tried to look for a dimension warp or somewhere to send "Those that have caused me grief". He looked around at the nearest classroom. He searched the teacher's desk and found a Nintendo DS. "What are these things that kids play these days. It has no match for my scientific genius and pong" It was game of Pokemon Pearl. "Bah this will do" he plugged into his machine. However it did not work which worried him. He was trying everything. Then for some reason he realized that it wouldn't work with just one source. He quickly went to his nearest Gamestop/EB/Any retailer that sold games. He bought all the Nintendo DS consoles they had at stock. He then wanted more of these Pokemon games are a location for "All those that have destroyed me". So he bought many copies of Fire Red/Leaf Green and all the others. "Now I will send them in their demise" he yelled after trying to connect all these Nintendo DS consoles together. He cracked up laughing as he finally got it to work. He used a plant as a test subject. "Yes it worked" he laughed manically.

"I will rule the school"

The next morning on a warm summer day. you went to school like you would always do. For some reason you had to go in the morning which you may or may not have liked. You realized that the school was practically empty. So you just walked around like you would normally in school. You either loved or hated high school but you made it your own.

You could hear some noise. It was no other noise you would hear in school. You assumed that it must have been the janitor cleaning up after a chemistry blowup or a food fight nearby. Maybe some kids brought some alcohol. You decided to avoid it. However you hear laughter from the lab. You decided to check it out thinking it must be the janitor. You walked in and the generic weird evil professor laughs and then cries for some apparent reason. You come closer and then he smiles. You are freaked out and he points some ray at you connected to a bunch of Nintendo consoles. He presses a button...

Everything was a blur. You woke up in another land with funny music and you know you aren't in Kansas anymore.

Welcome to Pokemon? How do you get back home?

The point? Ride the game out and you'll get out. However you do remember the evil generic professor. Yeah? Well he sent himself in and he's going to take you hostage for "My revenge plot" to get money and destroy those that have forsaken him, you know all that jazz.

Players:

1. Alicia Carter - Treespyro
2. Raven Miranda Creeley - Innerflame
3. Helen Seeley - Ysavvryl
4. Azu Waizo - Slipomatic
5. Maverick Jackewicz - Skillfulness
6. Dara Radke - Buchou

Ysavvryl
21st December 2011, 4:24 PM
I have a fun idea with Helen. Since she's in Blue/Rival's position, anytime that Maverick reaches certain areas, she gets warped to that location for a battle. No matter where she is or what she's doing. And no matter what Pokemon she actually acquires, she always has Blue's team during those battles.

Me and Skillfulness will have to coordinate somehow so that those battles don't drag out forever. Or skim over them.

Anyhow, first rival encounter is in the lab.

treespyro
21st December 2011, 4:27 PM
If I can remember it is:

Lab, Pokemon League path, SS Anne, Lavender, Silph, Pokemon League Path again, Championship.

But you guys know that you are going to at least realize that you aren't from the world because I can add Alicia and the others can add their character to fit in with that. I can imagine.

"Go Golem"

Helen sends out Pidgeot.

"Wait what?"

Slipomatic
21st December 2011, 6:02 PM
I've playyed it recently so I can pinpoint out exactly where..

in order of encountering...

Professor Lab, route 22 (optional), North of Cerulean City, just before route 24 aka nugget bridge, S.S. Anne just before captain room, Lavender Tower 3rd floor, Silph Co. warp room before reaching top floor, Route 22, champion battle.

Of course, we could do some twisting and perhaps have an interesting stuff happen. I can just think of it right now, go bulbasaur, error, you can not do that right now.

Buchou
22nd December 2011, 12:13 AM
I find it pretty amusing the idea of Helen warping to where ever Maverick is.

How does catching Pokemon work in this RPG? Do you just catch whichever ones you feel like you want to catch? And I hope that there aren't just threes starters in the lab lol.

treespyro
22nd December 2011, 1:26 AM
Pretty much. After you get Pokeball from the marts and then with that old guys tutorial.

So it will be after Oak's parcel.

Catching will be like in the games with the music, text block and all that.

Slipomatic
23rd December 2011, 1:23 AM
I have stepped onto the grass leading out of town, what will happen, no one knows. :D

Shall I have good ol professor oak pop up and have the leading red replacement magically appear and be lead in by oak? :D

Skillfulness
23rd December 2011, 4:43 AM
I think Maverick's heading there anyway since Alicia's walking toward the edge of town. I'll post tomorrow and probably make way to the lab one or another too. Get the RPG moving a bit.

Ysavvryl
23rd December 2011, 5:43 AM
Yeah. Also, I'm thinking that we don't want to have all six in one traveling group, just for game efficiency. Helen could use some help from someone who knows about the games.

Also, she's only stuck in the lab due to 'game script' that requires Blue to be in the lab at the moment. Anyone else should be able to enter and leave without issue.

Slipomatic
23rd December 2011, 6:04 AM
well technically, I'm waiting on Treespyro to say whether or not any character can trigger the oak scene or not. But it is close to Christmas time so I'm expecting a huge slow down in forum activity soon.

I'm technically waiting on a response from treespyro on oak scene and person I was talking to.

treespyro
23rd December 2011, 5:10 PM
You can trigger it now. Oh right I'm waiting on Skill first and then just for it and I will follow suit.

Then we have the lab battle with only you two while the others can't pass and just have to walk around the town or something. Then we split into groups.

Buchou
24th December 2011, 8:29 PM
I'm kind of lost with this RPG. It seems to move so.. slow. All the characters don't interact either. It's mostly with Alicia. :/

Slipomatic
24th December 2011, 9:41 PM
I blame it on christmas holidays, but reason it's so slow is because of the strict things we have to follow, ie game mechanics. I'm still waiting on you to make a post :D

I am going to make a post soon as you make a post as I sort of am waiting on Dara to react to what my character said.

treespyro
24th December 2011, 11:37 PM
Holidays pretty much. I'm waiting on the 'Red' to start it off, then I can respond. Someone can do a filler post.

Actually I guess I can.

Skillfulness
24th December 2011, 11:40 PM
I'm workin on it now. My bro hogged the computer yesterday. Sorry.

Buchou
25th December 2011, 3:31 AM
No no. I'm not complaining about the speed of the RPG.. I'm talking about the transitions. There isn't a problem with people having lives. I have a part time job I have to go to as well as college.

treespyro
27th December 2011, 2:08 PM
Anyway who wants to go with what?

We have 6 people, so we can split with 3/3 there.

Slipomatic
27th December 2011, 5:24 PM
well, I don't know who I want to go with yet, but I chave a better name for events things. Travellers, since they are essentially undecided or just wanting to explore the world.

What am I thinking of, wrong section for wrong RPG :D

InnerFlame
27th December 2011, 6:56 PM
Heya, I'm finally posting here. So do only our 'Red' and 'Blue/Green' get starter pokemon?

So far if I had to pick a someone to travel with (from Raven point of view) it would be a group Alicia is not in and hopefully with Azu since he seem to know so much.

Buchou
27th December 2011, 9:40 PM
I really don't care who my character gets with. Azu and Raven seem agreeable with my character.

Slipomatic
27th December 2011, 10:04 PM
Ignore my statement concerning Kanto Journey :P

I was thinking that perhaps Azu might travel alone so that his team wouldn't be revealed, but he might go with a person or two. He might tag along with people who don't know about the game just to see them make lots of mistakes.

Ysavvryl
27th December 2011, 11:24 PM
Well game script would force Helen and Maverick to travel separately, except when it makes them meet. Other than that, she's an icy kind of person, but not knowing what's going on would make her want to travel with someone who knows about Pokemon.

Helen and Alicia would probably conflict a lot if they traveled together.

Slipomatic
28th December 2011, 12:02 AM
lol, you evil poster :P

Time for me to make a post soon about feeling nautious from experiencing teleport. :D

Ysavvryl
28th December 2011, 12:12 AM
I is evil!

Hah, try to fight the game script and it will fight back. Sorry 'bout that; hope you don't mind too much. But it is Maverick's choice about how things get arranged.

Slipomatic
28th December 2011, 12:56 AM
lol, I know, but technically since it is essentially Red, aka Ash, vs. Blue, aka Gary, there should only be one pokeball containing Eevee, and you getting pikachu. That is, if we're going with the G/S team setup that Red will eventually have.

Buchou
28th December 2011, 12:57 AM
Depends on how you look at it. Red should have started out with Bulbasaur if you go with R/B/G.

Skillfulness
28th December 2011, 1:31 AM
Well that's a good question, should I aim for Red's team or not? If not, Ysa, do you have any starter you'd prefer? I'm good with any of 'em. As for travelling buddies, Maverick might be awkward and dorky at the getgo, but as he gets to know better he'll be able to have fun.

Ysavvryl
28th December 2011, 1:55 AM
In the games, I nearly always go with Squirtle (and you'd annoy Azu by picking Charmander!). Haha, I can work with any of them. Helen likes any cute animal and the three starters are relatively cute (by standards of the past gen handheld games, at least). Think of what Maverick would want, if it helps.

Slipomatic
28th December 2011, 1:58 AM
lol, btw, just to burst your bubble buchou, bulbasaur is really, really bad early on in the game. Learning vine whip at lvl 12, which is really late. Think of how much you have to grind just to beat brock, unless you use leech seed and growl strategy.

Back on subject, I had to go eat so I didn't get to make my post. Still unsure on who my companions will be.

InnerFlame
28th December 2011, 4:21 AM
Let Squirtle or Bulbsuar be left, honestly Raven would take any of them but if it's Charmander she'll have to fight over it with Azu and that would be a fight that she'll probably lose and then she'll have to write evil messages in notebook... or not.

treespyro
28th December 2011, 2:21 PM
Well that's a good question, should I aim for Red's team or not? If not, Ysa, do you have any starter you'd prefer? I'm good with any of 'em. As for travelling buddies, Maverick might be awkward and dorky at the getgo, but as he gets to know better he'll be able to have fun.

Pick whatever though. Blue's team depends on what Pokemon Red picks.

So if Helen and Maverick are not together but we can see that Azu knows about Pokemon.

Maybe this is what I think.

Helen, Alicia and Azu
Maverick, Raven and Dara.

Your choice guys. I'll go with whoever.

Buchou
29th December 2011, 3:42 AM
lol, btw, just to burst your bubble buchou, bulbasaur is really, really bad early on in the game. Learning vine whip at lvl 12, which is really late. Think of how much you have to grind just to beat brock, unless you use leech seed and growl strategy.

Back on subject, I had to go eat so I didn't get to make my post. Still unsure on who my companions will be.

You really didn't burst my bubble. If you read my post, you would have read that I put it took a while to raise.

So I'm assuming we all don't get a Pokemon starter?

Slipomatic
29th December 2011, 3:57 AM
if that would be the case, I'm very sure that my character would wait and travel with someone and have that trainer gift him a pidgey, or if he lets slip the info, a nidoran ♂ or mankey. ;)

Skillfulness
29th December 2011, 10:58 PM
Ysa, to keep the battle short, I'll spam Tackle (like I actually do in the game) and win after six or seven hits. sound good? And do we want to make the battle not so boring where we can follow our Pokemon around the battle field and give orders like "Dodge!" or "Throw him with a Vine Whip!" cuz that'd be more exciting.

InnerFlame
30th December 2011, 5:58 PM
Sorry Azu, but you know only one pokemon could be chosen for Charmander to be available... Dibs on the Squirtle! If tree will let someone have it. Raven just wants one of the pokemon she doesn't care which.

treespyro
1st January 2012, 5:15 AM
All the more reason to be called a dork. :P

That's no problem.

Slipomatic
2nd January 2012, 4:57 AM
lol, well, I made my post, now to bribe Maverick or Helen to catch him a pokemon. :)

Don't know if we're going to implement a nigh/day thing in the RPG.

Buchou
2nd January 2012, 9:04 PM
So.. we are not letting everyone get a starter?

Slipomatic
2nd January 2012, 10:16 PM
well, there are only at most 5 starters, if you include eevee and pikachu. We have more than 5 people so someone is bound to be left without a starter. It's a shame however there really isn't any way to give away pokemon to another person. It always has to be a trade of pokemon, nothing else. :(

Buchou
5th January 2012, 6:31 AM
I think it would be a good idea to include Eevee and/or Pikachu. That way.. at least we are almost fair to everyone. Which is a shame to be almost fair.

treespyro
6th January 2012, 12:43 PM
I shot gun the Eevee.

:p

Oh come on.

Slipomatic
6th January 2012, 7:19 PM
no fair :( You stole my favorite pre-evolution pokemon :(

I guess I might take Pikachu

Buchou
6th January 2012, 7:58 PM
Too late. I got Pikachu. I feel like a jerk too :/

Slipomatic
6th January 2012, 8:04 PM
:( , now there is no pokemon left to take.... Well, time to make someone give me a pidgey. Just so I can troll myself later, perhaps :D

Buchou
7th January 2012, 3:12 AM
Eh, I'm sorry. :< When the game goes to G/S/C can you get a starter there?

Slipomatic
7th January 2012, 4:51 AM
I'm going to assume when we reach G/S/C stage, it'll be a new rpg. That's my guess, but if not, then Azu will definitely be taking cyndaquil. Personal favorite for me :D

InnerFlame
8th January 2012, 2:40 AM
Raven's on a mission... I was wondering since Azu the only one that doesn't get a starter would it be okay to give him a Shiny Pidgey? And would you like that Slip? I don't really care any other way.

treespyro
8th January 2012, 5:13 PM
I was thinking the guy who needs his coffee at Viridian can give the Pokemon to your character, Slip.

Buchou
9th January 2012, 1:40 AM
Raven's on a mission... I was wondering since Azu the only one that doesn't get a starter would it be okay to give him a Shiny Pidgey? And would you like that Slip? I don't really care any other way.

While it's a good idea.. Shiny Pokemon didn't exist in R/B/Y.

InnerFlame
9th January 2012, 2:39 AM
But aren't they in RF/GL (I believe treespryo mention that in the story)? Since the evil scientist used DS and gameboy games don't play on DS. Eevee and Pikachu are a bit of crossover glitchiness from the gameboy games in my opinion as well as a way to get more starter pokemon.

Slipomatic
9th January 2012, 7:01 PM
lol, a rattata, ewww... Besides, there is one issue of getting out of town, no pokemon, no leaving town. So even if I wanted to leave town, it's impossible without a pokemon, thus only giving/trading for a pokemon is the only option.

treespyro
10th January 2012, 3:39 AM
So someone could catch you a Pokemon and just trade it/giving.

There are shinies though.

InnerFlame
12th January 2012, 4:32 AM
*imiates the sound of the howling wind* Pretty empty here for the last couple of days..... Also if/when we go Johto game I call being the rival... can you imagine Raven as the bad rival.

Raven is in a weird place. Everyone has a rival (in theory) except her. She just has the extra pokemon. So far I have plan out the first three pokemon that she will have.

Slipomatic
12th January 2012, 6:42 PM
So have I, my team couldn't be simpler.

I've managed to come up with Azu's final team setup. :)
It will also be in order of pokemon caught first also.

Pidgeot
Nidoking
Raichu (yes, I will walk forever in viridian forest until I get one :D )
Vaporeon (if I get eevee first in celedon city.)
Dragonite (Oh yeah, fishing forever in safari zone)
Dewgong
Ninetales (This is if eevee is taken in Celedon city before he can get it.)

Buchou
12th January 2012, 6:58 PM
I'm not sure which Pokemon Dara should get. I was thinking perhaps cute looking ones, but since she is competitive... Ack.

Pikachu
Nidoran♀

Are the ones I have in mind for now.

Slipomatic
12th January 2012, 7:04 PM
Actually, since I'm somewhat a speedrunner, my usual team setup is just blastoise, a pokemon that can use the HMs that blastoise can't use, and moltres.

But I definitely will call dibs on being the main character of Gold :)

I'm also very narrow minded on my choice of pokemon. Call me stupid, but I like most of the felines and canine pokemons, aside from purugly :P

Skillfulness
12th January 2012, 7:34 PM
Sorry guys! I've had finals this week so I'm stuck studying but I'm trying to find some time either tomorrow or this weekend to post again. So sorry! But since we're talking teams...

Venusaur
Arcanine
Scyther
Seadra
And from there I dunno. Some flying-type and myabe a rock or ground.

treespyro
13th January 2012, 12:09 PM
Teams?

Oh I have no idea what am I going to do. Eh I'll think about it when I reach that point.

Buchou
13th January 2012, 6:50 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same. I'm not sure what my character should have. I'll be patient lol.

treespyro
14th January 2012, 6:17 AM
That we need to push the game a little more. So in your next post (anyone) just go faster instead of before. Change the pace really then we will be able to go further

Buchou
17th January 2012, 9:21 PM
So is everyone going at their own pace or are people traveling with everyone? I don't know what was established.

treespyro
18th January 2012, 3:19 PM
Well nothing can happen until the package gets delivered to Oak.

So at the moment Viridian is where it is at pretty much acting like a road block.

Skillfulness
20th January 2012, 3:35 AM
Hey I'ma be gone this weekend so for all intents and pruposes, Maverick delived the package. Horray! We can move on!

Ysavvryl
20th January 2012, 5:48 AM
... and it is so. Plus, I triggered the coffee addict, for anyone who wishes to venture into Viridian Forest.

treespyro
20th January 2012, 3:36 PM
Alicia will be headed there.

Which bug one is the rarer one in Viridian Forest again? Also I think Maverick should recieve Tech TV thingy.

Slipomatic
20th January 2012, 6:47 PM
It depends on which version you're playing...

In blue, weedles are harder to find than caterpies.
In red, caterpies are harder to find than weedles.
In yellow, pikachu does not exist in the forest, but you can catch a level 9 pidgeotto in it.

Pikachu is pretty rare to find in the red/blue versions, having I believe 5% or 10% encounter rate, depending on the level. lvl 5 is harder to find than the lvl 3 one.

treespyro
21st January 2012, 2:16 AM
Leaf Green.

That's the version.

InnerFlame
21st January 2012, 3:04 AM
In both GL/FR according to the wonderful serebii.net site there's an equally high chance of finding both them. However you have a lesser chance of finding a Kakuna. You also have a 5% chance of finding a Pikachu.

Slipomatic
21st January 2012, 5:57 AM
either way, enjoy being screwed by poison from weedle. Poison sting has an ungodly chance of poisoning somehow. I really don't believe the 10% chance. It definitely feels more like, 75% of the time, you get poisoned.

Pikachu here I come for you. :D

That is after I get nidoran. :D

My next post, pidgey will be at lvl 9 :D

treespyro
23rd January 2012, 6:10 AM
I feels like that

My character I think the next one would be a Zubat.

Buchou, Alicia is waiting for your character first.

Buchou
23rd January 2012, 9:10 PM
Sorry for lack of activity. I wasn't entirely sure what to post/say.

treespyro
24th January 2012, 9:14 AM
Nor did I. I think we can push to Viridian Forest next.

I guess that makes a split game where Helen and Maverick are rivals while since Dara has a Pikachu following her that makes Alicia like Yellow Gary and Dara like Yellow.

Buchou
25th January 2012, 4:08 AM
I think pushing the RP is a good idea. We really need something to happen.

treespyro
29th January 2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah. So guys just fast forward yourselves quicker.

We need to at least get to Pewter and Mt. Moon.