PDA

View Full Version : How about THIS?! (4th Gen OU RMT)

Zaiker42
21st December 2011, 6:39 PM
Hey guys, Zaiker42 again with a 4th Gen OU RMT this time. I'm trying to use some entry hazards and some bulkier Pokemon for this team, but I dunno about it. Give me some pointers if you can.

And don't ask about the title. Just don't. I had no idea what to call this.

-----------------

Metagross @ Lum Berry ;376;
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Alright, starting things off nice and simple. It has a Lum Berry to prevent status moves and the EV spread is to give Metagross some bulk while allowing it to hit like a truck after it's set up Stealth Rock, which is apparently the best move ever or something 'cause it's an entry hazard. Meteor Mash provides STAB and can raise Metagross's obscenely high attack to even more obscene levels, along with having a good BP, Earthquake pairs well with Meteor Mash and can take out other Steels and Fires and stuff. Finally, Bullet Punch is for STAB priority, which is good for smacking stuff around or even finishing off weakened sweepers.

Azelf @ Expert Belt ;482;
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

Like I've said before: I love Azelf. He's so tiny and blue and awesome. *Ahem* But his main use here is to be a special monster and rip holes in the opponent's team. Expert Belt increases the damage output of Super-Effective moves, so it pairs well with Azelf's good coverage, but I may put a Life Orb or Focus Sash on it later. Nasty Plot is the key move here, boosting the little guy's Sp. Attack a ton. Psychic is for STAB and it has a pretty good BP as well, and at +2 it could do some damage. Grass Knot is for the bulky waters, grounds, or rocks that think they can take him down.

Donphan (F) @ Leftovers ;232;
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Hardy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Donphan, the she-beast. This little elephant chica will NOT tolerate your entry hazards or your physical attacks or your Pokemon with weak physical defense. Leftovers is there because best recovery for Donphan. Rapid Spin keeps away entry hazards to make life a little easier on her and her teammates, Head Smash hits a lot of things REALLY HARD, though the recoil is massive. May replace that for Stone Edge at a later date. Earthquake is STAB and hits a lot of things hard, and is all-around a great move, and I get QuakeEdge coverage (QuakeEdge, QuakeSmash, whatever) and last but not least (okay, maybe a little least), Ice Shard, for taking out weakened grass types or Dragons like Flygon.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs ;135;
Trait: Volt Absorb
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Jolteon, the super speedy little guy that reminds me of Super Sonic, is an absolute monster when he needs to be. Choice Specs raises his good Sp. Attack to ridiculous levels, and allows him to severely damage/take out some defensively weaker Pokemon, and after entry hazard damage, it'll do even more. Thunderbolt is STAB and a fantastic move, Shadow Ball is mainly filler, but it does get some nice coverage along with his other moves, Hidden Power Ice gives him psuedo-BoltBeam coverage, and Signal Beam, like Shadow Ball, is mainly because Jolteon doesn't have the greatest movepool ever.

Heatran (F) @ Shuca Berry ;485;
Trait: Flash Fire
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Never really used a Heatran before, but they seem to be pretty potent beasts. And just look at this thing. It looks pretty friggin menacing. The Shuca Berry is there to counteract that God-awful 4x weakness to Ground moves. Fire Blast is STAB and 120 BP, so it hits a LOT of things hards. Earth Power covers other Heatran and Steels and Fires and stuff, Explosion is to take down any walls I don't want to deal with, such as Blissey, and Stealth Rock is here, too, just in case Metagross didn't get a chance to set them up.

Roserade (F) @ Focus Sash ;407;
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now for the last Pokemon, the ever so elegant Roserade. She's here because of her two support moves, which could help the team out in stickier situations. Focus Sash ensures she can take at least one hit while she sets up. Toxic Spikes is the other entry hazard on this team, and as long as they don't have a Poison type of their own, they could definitely face an issue. Sleep Powder is to get something asleep so I can either get a better switch-in or set up T-Spikes. Leaf Storm is for powerful STAB and Hidden Power Fire is for those other Grass types and to a lesser extent, Steels (not named Heatran, of course).

Aura Sensei™
25th December 2011, 6:46 PM
If you're using Leaf Storm on Roserade,use White Herb to recover your lowered SP.ATT.

Zaiker42
26th December 2011, 6:35 AM
If you're using Leaf Storm on Roserade,use White Herb to recover your lowered SP.ATT.

I considered White Herb, but I'd like her to survive long enough to set up some Toxic Spikes, and the Sash ensures I can get up at least one.

123fakestreet
26th December 2011, 2:37 PM
Rate is in spoiler, it's been too long people lol :)

Hey guys, Zaiker42 again with a 4th Gen OU RMT this time. I'm trying to use some entry hazards and some bulkier Pokemon for this team, but I dunno about it. Give me some pointers if you can.

And don't ask about the title. Just don't. I had no idea what to call this.

-----------------

Metagross @ Lum Berry ;376;
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

This lead is less conventional but I believe it to work far better, iron head is all you really need in terms of powerful STAB because there isn't really anything as a lead that meteor mash gets a vital 2hko on. Iron head doesnt miss which means stupid things like azelf getting rocks up and killing you wont happen, it also doesnt mean your rocks go up first turn then you get killed and they are immediately spun away. Explosion lets you remove bulky rocks leads such as pert and hippo first turn.

Azelf @ Expert Belt ;482;
Trait: Levitate
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

Fine I see no problem yet

Donphan (F) @ Leftovers ;232;
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

I regret to take rapid spin off but so far I don't really see that much of a rocks weakness, you could swap it back in over stone edge since it's none STAB but I'm not sure. Impish nature is the one that increases def n lowers sp attack not hardy. Since I took rocks off gross they needed to go back on somewhere.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs ;135;
Trait: Volt Absorb
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Again ok but try Baton pass instead of signal beam. Its just like Uturn but does no damage, lets you scout for electric resistors such as flygon and swampert. Also consider switching for scarf infernape or mixape.

Heatran (F) @ Shuca Berry ;485;
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Due to the way your team is made might I suggest the following set

Heatran @ Leftovers ;485;
EVs: 244 HP / 36 SpA / 12 SpD / 216 Spe
Nature: Calm
Moves
-Lava Plume / Flamethrower / Taunt
-Torment
-Substitute
-Protect

This thing is very good on teams with toxic spikes, get in on something that cannot harm you, set up a sub and start creating chaos. Torment sub and protect mean that you should be able to hide behind the same sub forever while protecting vs the move your opponent has that can actually break your sub. This set causes switches which spreads poison and stalls your opponent.

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge ;407;
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I think this bulkier set may be better just because it has a higher chance of getting two layers of toxic spikes set up, the moves are fine and the extra power from leaf storm is even more needed now thanks to the lesser offensive stats.

You are also looking incredibly ground weak, consider something like gengar or maybe even replace donphan with bronzong.

Aura Sensei™
28th December 2011, 5:36 PM
Try Flamethrower over Fire Blast on Heatran then.

giritina'sshadow
20th January 2012, 10:51 AM
I considered White Herb, but I'd like her to survive long enough to set up some Toxic Spikes, and the Sash ensures I can get up at least one.You shouldn't rely on it, you already have Metagross or else Roserade should lead + Sleeo Powder.