PDA

View Full Version : Hydreigon/Eelektrik deck

Lunanight
26th December 2011, 3:01 PM
Although I did not play the TCG much, I did play a few years ago around the time Holon Phantom's came out but then I drifted away from pokemon TCG. Now, after over 5 years, I have returned and back with my first deck since.

Poke's = 20

4 Deino (Noble Victories)
3 Zweilous (Noble Victories)
3 Hydreigon (Noble Victories)
3 Pawniard (Noble Victories)
2 Bisharp (Noble Victories)
3 Tynamo (Noble Victories)
2 Eelektrik (Noble Victories)

Support & Trainers = 19

4 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Prof Juniper
2 Rare Candy
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Fisherman

Energies = 21

8 Electric Energy
13 Darkness Energy

Strategy:
Get a Hydreigon or two out on ASAP and put one as the active pokemon and potentially one on the bench for if the first dies. Eelektrik's Poke-power to add electric energy from the discard pile to Hydreigon which, due to the latter's own ability, turns that very electric energy into a darkness energy to fuel it's attack which requires four darkness energy and does 60 damage to the active pokemon while unleashing 40 damage to two of the opponent's bench pokemon.

The Bisharp line is there because they are dark pokemon, Bisharp>Zoroark, and they act as the main attackers until I get Hydreigon out. Or if I cannot get Hydreigon out for some reason and have a last resort.

Do I have too many or too little of certain cards and is there anything I can do to improve this deck?

emcee23
28th December 2011, 9:27 AM
I don't think Korua and Koroark is a very useful dark pkmn, considering your small numbers in dark energy, you might go for a different stage 1 evolution line.
personally, the undaunted version of umbreon is quite OP, with only 1 dark energy, moonlight fang can render any pkmn w/ pokebodies/pokepowers completely useless.
Also, the electric portion of the deck isn't cost efficient. though you can draw energies with it, it would be much better to use a dark or colorless basic pkmn, such as darkrai, chansey, snorlax, you get my drift?
And so if you completely get rid of the electric portion, you don't have to worry about the wrong energies, also do invest in the special darkness energies (the 1's that allow dark pkmn to deal 10 more damage) you can have up to 4 of them per deck.
hope this helps

ven?
4th January 2012, 2:23 AM
if your gonna run 3-2 dynamotor, you should just go 3-3 it make's it faster for play, in this kind of deck the NV buildable damage bisharp is way more effective and faster overall then zoroark is, in fact zoraork is a tech for the most part and would highly recommend not playing it in to many dark type deck's.