PDA

View Full Version : Would you play a prehistoric Pokémon RP?

Interrupt
27th December 2011, 7:37 PM
Sounds fun to me, but I'll only start it if there's demand.

InnerFlame
27th December 2011, 8:35 PM
I think you should elaborate a little on it. When you say prehistoric pokemon what do you really mean? Would it be like dinosaur like form of pokemon? Would it be more of a survival thing? Are there human or just purely pokemon?

For me when I think about pokemon of the past. I think about that episode of pokemon when they found strange devices and giant pokemon with odd markings came out. There was another episode when an anicent pokemon, a Claydol, was released that was giant. So I got in my mind that pokemon from the past were huge.

Avenger Angel
27th December 2011, 9:06 PM
I'm guessing it would be something like Ice Age or Land Before Time only with Pokemon? It could work with a well done plot, but it would be challenging. Not to mention it would be tricky to decide which Pokemon exist and which ones don't.

Interrupt
28th December 2011, 2:10 AM
Easy.

Slightly modified Kanto only.

..Or not.

Nightfall_
19th February 2012, 12:56 PM
Its not a half bad idea, with the 'destruction of earth' and everything. With a well thought-out plot, you could make it work.

CaptainCombusken
19th February 2012, 5:16 PM
I was thinking:
Kabtuo/Kabutops (Water -> Water/Dark)
Omanyte/Omastar (Water/Bug -> Water/Bug)
Aerodactyl (Normal/Flying)
Anorith/Armaldo (Bug -> Bug/Steel)
Lileep/Cradily (Grass -> Grass/Poison)
Shieldon/Bastiodon (Steel -> Steel)
Cranidos/Rampardos (Dark -> Dark)
Archen/Archeops (Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying)
Tirtouga/Carracosta (Water -> Water)
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine (Same types)
Glameow/Purugly (Normal -> Normal [Sabre-toothed tigers])
Teddiursa/Ursaring (Normal/Rock -> Normal/Rock [Cave Bears])
Yanma/Yanmega (Bug/Flying -> Bug/Flying [Giant Dragonflies])

Those are a few ideas for Pokemon in this prehistoric world. You could invent others, or work out which species are likely to have been around at that time [or around but in much larger/smaller proportions or with slightly different features]

I'm on an RPing hiatus atm though, so I probably wouldn't RP in it.