PDA

View Full Version : Mysteries in Black and White

Black Inc.
9th January 2012, 4:03 AM
With the possibility of a third game being announced in the near future, I decided to create this thread so we can discuss any mysteries found in Pokémon Black and White that could be answered. Some examples include Giant Chasm, Abyssal Ruins, Relic Castle, or any other random thing you've encountered, such as the Castelia City gangsters. Personally, I've always wondered why there are footprints on your wall after you first battle Bianca.

ShimmerInTheDark
11th January 2012, 11:38 PM
The little footprints on the wall are obviously pokemon prints from the first pokemon battle with Bianca... That one's pretty obvious.

I'd like to know more about the history of the castles and towers personally.

Also, the supposed "legendary pokemon" in Challenger's Cave the backpacker girl was talking about. Apparently it trained other pokemon there... Who could it be, Keldeo? Meloetta?

son-of-a-gumball!
12th January 2012, 12:01 AM
I dunno about the challenger's cave, but i want to get a little more insight on lacunosa town/giant chasm, a monster roaming the village and an asteroid crater seems pretty interesting.

RedTroopa
12th January 2012, 12:17 AM
Supposedly that was Kyurem, but if there's a 3rd version, he'll definitely be the box mascot, so there will probably be more insight on that. I want to know more about that ghost girl who used to have the abra on Marvelous Bridge. I would like to know more about the shadow-triad, but the whole point of them is that they're so mysterious.

Xionea
12th January 2012, 3:35 AM
I want to know where N flies off to at the end. Also how is Kyurem going to play into all of this (as we all know Kyurem will be the mascot). My small worry is that they might recycle an idea. For example, in 3rd gen they had Groudon and Kyogre fighting and you had to have Rayquaza to stop them.

Shine
12th January 2012, 3:36 AM
Just want to mention, there is already a thread about the gangsters (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=556033) as well as a thread about Abyssal Ruins (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=525355).

So for those two things, use their own respective threads ;)

Ace of Shades
12th January 2012, 3:41 AM
Shadow Trio=Dent, Cress, Chili or Your's, Bianca's, and Cheren's clones

Falconx03
12th January 2012, 4:06 AM
Shadow Trio=Cilan, Cress, Chili or Your's, Bianca's, and Cheren's clones

I assume you meant Cilan not Dent but regardless, that could work. If the Shadow Triad shows up in he anime and Cilan is shown at the same time, then it won't work because the games and anime do correspond with each other but where we currently stand, it is possible. Notice how Chili, Cilan and Cress never showed up with the other Gym Leaders at the end to hold off the sages.

bobandbill
12th January 2012, 1:50 PM
Eh, I don't really feel that is the case, that theory. Seems to be drawing too long a line for my liking. I just figured that those gym leaders were lazy (or as they say, they didn't get told in time).

then it won't work because the games and anime do correspond with each otherKinda... it's more 'the anime goes off the games and does whatever it wants', really; I don't think Game Freak tell them how to treat the characters too much and they haven't made use of the anime ever since Yellow.

Falconx03
12th January 2012, 6:32 PM
Eh, I don't really feel that is the case, that theory. Seems to be drawing too long a line for my liking. I just figured that those gym leaders were lazy (or as they say, they didn't get told in time).
Kinda... it's more 'the anime goes off the games and does whatever it wants', really; I don't think Game Freak tell them how to treat the characters too much and they haven't made use of the anime ever since Yellow.

I know they aren't perfectly hand in hand but in a general view they do correspond.

ShimmerInTheDark
12th January 2012, 9:30 PM
Supposedly that was Kyurem, but if there's a 3rd version, he'll definitely be the box mascot, so there will probably be more insight on that. I want to know more about that ghost girl who used to have the abra on Marvelous Bridge. I would like to know more about the shadow-triad, but the whole point of them is that they're so mysterious.

Maybe the disappearing girl IS the Abra? Just a thought...

thatjeremykid
12th January 2012, 10:39 PM
i wondered about that disappearing ghost chick on the bridge too..

edit: maybe she commited suicide there.

GokuRikaku
12th January 2012, 10:47 PM
Pretty sure the girl is alive and just playing tricks with her Abra.

Reiji Kurosaky
14th January 2012, 6:09 AM
But she is supposed to have died before the bridge was build.

~Sam~
14th January 2012, 6:21 AM
i think that there will be an event in which we can catch keldo in that cave on route 9

Aquarelle
14th January 2012, 1:29 PM
I want to know where N flies off to at the end.

This is what I want to find out the most - I'm really curious about where he went.

Also, I want to know what the deal with Anthea and Concordia is.

EmbC
14th January 2012, 1:45 PM

Yeah, GokuRikaku, I guess you're right

GokuRikaku
14th January 2012, 4:25 PM
But she is supposed to have died before the bridge was build.

While its been awhile since I been in that place, I don't recall anything saying that. Where did you get this info?

Ropav
14th January 2012, 9:05 PM
I want to know if N ever returns and battles you again.That would be awesome.

The Eleventh
14th January 2012, 9:27 PM
i think that there will be an event in which we can catch keldo in that cave on route 9
I don't think such an event will happen. There's nothing like this programmed into Black and White, and Keldeo is event-only. I doubt it'll lose this status during the generation in which it was introduced. There is an in-game event programmed into Black and White involving Keldeo, but it doesn't take place in Challenger's Cave.

Ace of Shades
14th January 2012, 9:28 PM
^Where is it?

The Eleventh
14th January 2012, 9:34 PM
^Where is it?
The Moor of Icirrus. If the player has Cobalion, Terrakion Virizion and Keldeo in their party, Keldeo can be tutored Secret Sword there.

Lord Dialga
18th January 2012, 10:44 PM
The Moor of Icirrus. If the player has Cobalion, Terrakion Virizion and Keldeo in their party, Keldeo can be tutored Secret Sword there.

I just REALLY hope that not all of them have to be from your game...I traded my Cobalion for one with PKRS....

Alexander18
21st January 2012, 11:14 PM
Kyurem which is, I think, 660 base stats while Reshiram and Zekrom have 680. If Kyurem is the original dragon, then it should have higher stats. Kyurem is also missing a level 100move and has two missing signature moves. I wonder if Kyurem learns those two moves at the same time at lv 100, Or they give you a choice, or they change how Kyurem learns its move. And some girl talks of a legendary pokemon in Challengers cave, whats up with that?

Excitable Boy
22nd January 2012, 1:41 AM
Also, the supposed "legendary pokemon" in Challenger's Cave the backpacker girl was talking about. Apparently it trained other pokemon there... Who could it be, Keldeo? Meloetta?

Let's think about it like this.

The Challenger's Cave is a fairly obscure cave, only accessible post-game. It's dark, it's full of high-levelled Pokeymans, its confusing, it requires HMs...

Why would it NOT have a legendary Pokemon inside?

Because it simply doesn't. It's a simple cave with high-levelled Pokemon where NPCs come to train.

Shadow Trio=Dent, Cress, Chili or Your's, Bianca's, and Cheren's clones

Bianca = Shadow Triad = Striaton Trio

The_Black_Mamba
22nd January 2012, 1:46 AM
I want some more insight into professor Junipers father and the Dragonspiral Tower.

umbilly
22nd January 2012, 6:20 AM
what i remember in the game is that on the place where some one tells u about the abra girl, the first time ur there, there is actually a girl there, but it dissappears.
it's interesting, considering she died + bridge, does kinda sounds like suicide, but the world of pokemon is way to friendly for something as dark as that.

TheotherLati
22nd January 2012, 6:29 AM
Significance and origins of the God Stone found in the Jap. version of black/white. Could it be used to find out Kyurem's rumored "alternate form" if any, in the third game?

Falconx03
22nd January 2012, 6:34 AM
Significance and origins of the God Stone found in the Jap. version of black/white. Could it be used to find out Kyurem's rumored "alternate form" if any, in the third game?

Two things:

1. Japanese versions of the games have a God Stone but other versions don't? That's lame.

2. I can see you don't like 4th and 5th Generation Pokemon. Judging by your signature.

TheotherLati
22nd January 2012, 7:02 AM
Two things:

1. Japanese versions of the games have a God Stone but other versions don't? That's lame.

2. I can see you don't like 4th and 5th Generation Pokemon. Judging by your signature.

- yes, apparently the coding for that hidden key item and two other moves (animations included) set specifically for Kyurem is still left inside the Jap. versions, however could only be found while using a hack.

- OT: dislike? Far from it..., I just prefer generations 1-3. However, my team in Platinum is mostly made up of 4th generation pokemon.

umbilly
22nd January 2012, 3:50 PM
What the biggest mysterie of all times to me is:
Why did they left out that awesome feature they put in HG/SS? where the first pokemon of ur party follows you around. That should be a new standard!!

AmbipomMaster
22nd January 2012, 3:58 PM
What is the God Stone?

Excitable Boy
22nd January 2012, 7:20 PM
Why did they left out that awesome feature they put in HG/SS? where the first pokemon of ur party follows you around. That should be a new standard!!

That's not a mystery, that's the developers deciding not to bring back a fairly useless feature from a past game.

What is the God Stone?

It's a beta item found in the Japanese versions of BW. It's unobtainable.

umbilly
23rd January 2012, 2:13 AM
That's not a mystery, that's the developers deciding not to bring back a fairly useless feature from a past game.

It was Awesome??

Bushido Bob
24th January 2012, 3:27 AM
When and why Volcarona had to serve as a substitute for the sun.

Which species Alder's dead Pokemon was.

What Genesect was like prior to the modifications, and why it in particular was chosen for enhancement over something like, say, the Pokemon equivalent of the T-rex which in theory should be just as good.

Everything involving the Relic Castle, Dragonspiral Tower, and Abyssal Ruins. The creation of Golett and Golurk, dead people turned into Pokemon, pseudo-birds akin to something out of a drug-induced hallucination, entire areas plunged underwater, sun being blocked out, etc... Just what the hell happened back then?

These are all things I want to know.

James2344
24th January 2012, 5:13 AM
Can I just point out that the strategy guide states that Bianca went to get the Straiton trio but didnt make it back in time.
I dont think we will see more on that altough a triple battle with u Bianca and Cheren against them would be pretty cool.

Ememew
24th January 2012, 5:21 AM
WWhat Genesect was like prior to the modifications, and why it in particular was chosen for enhancement over something like, say, the Pokemon equivalent of the T-rex which in theory should be just as good.
I would guess that it was due to Genesect's fossil being the most accessible to them. I mean, they can only modify the material they have to work with, and the Bug might have been the closest available thing.

Black Inc.
25th January 2012, 1:45 AM
I thought of some more:
Could Accumula town's snowy climate in the past have anything to do with Kyurem?
What is N's real name?
What is Looker's real name?
What Pokémon do you think the Seven Sages have when you enter N's Castle?

neo darkrai
25th January 2012, 1:53 AM
I thought of some more:
Could Accumula town's snowy climate in the past have anything to do with Kyurem?
What is N's real name?
What is Looker's real name?
What Pokémon do you think the Seven Sages have when you enter N's Castle?

Junichi Masuda actually wrote in a blog that N's real name is Natural Harmonia Gropius. He also mentioned that N's parents are unknown showing that Ghetsis is his adoptive father.

Agonist
25th January 2012, 2:00 AM

More like only a select few Gen 5 pokemon have overworld sprites. That's presumably the same reason why we haven't had any Gen5 pokemon released through the dream world either.

Bushido Bob
25th January 2012, 4:27 AM
I would guess that it was due to Genesect's fossil being the most accessible to them. I mean, they can only modify the material they have to work with, and the Bug might have been the closest available thing.

Unlikely. Genesect is over 300 million years old, while the Tyrannosaurus is around 67 million years old. It would have been easier to dig up a fossil of whichever Pokemon was equivalent to the latter, as it would most likely be closer to the surface barring any geological unconformities.

ArtCelJirArcRes
25th January 2012, 6:41 AM
Where the heck is N after Looker goes: "We just recieved reports about a boy flying on a black dragon." I looked all over Unova for him, but he was nowhere to be found...
:644::644::644:

R_N
25th January 2012, 7:10 AM
More like only a select few Gen 5 pokemon have overworld sprites. That's presumably the same reason why we haven't had any Gen5 pokemon released through the dream world either.

Also because they have no level data. They were never planned to be given out (through Dream World) in BW.

Grei
26th January 2012, 6:15 AM
Unova's history (especially the Abyssal Ruins (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=525355), why they sank, and what they have to do with the other ancient structures that dot Unova), Genesect's background (in more detail), and more about the rest of the boats in Castelia's harbor.

EDIT: Also, I want to know the identities of the Shadow Triad/if they are seriously the Striaton Trio/Bianca.

Lord Zoroark
28th January 2012, 5:43 AM
Where the heck is N after Looker goes: "We just recieved reports about a boy flying on a black dragon." I looked all over Unova for him, but he was nowhere to be found...
:644::644::644:

Didn't Looker say he was in Hoenn?

Kameinu
28th January 2012, 5:45 AM
Didn't Looker say he was in Hoenn?

"Faraway region" doesn't count as Hoenn.

Lord Zoroark
28th January 2012, 5:48 AM
"Faraway region" doesn't count as Hoenn.

Oh. Well, he wasn't in Unova, anyway.

Mattarayburn
29th January 2012, 7:46 AM
I want to know why those people in Castelia will NEVER let me get my Ice cream!!!!??

Now on a serious note, I'd like to know more about Kyurem and Genesect mostly. Also the two girls in N's castle which I can't recall the names of.

Tyranitar the black mage
29th January 2012, 10:10 AM
I would love to see the mystery uncovered about Genesect and the many other legendaries of unova. I mean there's like 10 unova legendaries we still haven't gotten in game yet.

BCVM22
29th January 2012, 10:44 AM
I want to know why those people in Castelia will NEVER let me get my Ice cream!!!!??

Spring, summer and fall Tuesdays only.

I mean there's like 10 unova legendaries we still haven't gotten in game yet.

There are three of them.

All of them trigger brief events that give a little bit of back story and give the critter its event move (or in Genesect's case, the hold items that allow it to change the type of its move). None of them are particularly mysterious.

Trickster44
31st January 2012, 12:11 PM
I wonder what the black boat in Castelia is for and why it keeps disappearing. Also I wonder why near the southern part of Driftveil one of the parts is blocked by barriers.

Alexander18
31st January 2012, 9:55 PM
Does anyone think it strange Reshiram and Zekrom were programmed not to be shiny in the game while the other legendaries and normal pokemon can be found shiny or normal?
Or have GameFreak did that because of the story plot that those two are involved in?

Archstaraptor
31st January 2012, 10:14 PM
Does anyone think it strange Reshiram and Zekrom were programmed not to be shiny in the game while the other legendaries and normal pokemon can be found shiny or normal?
Or have GameFreak did that because of the story plot that those two are involved in?

It might be something to do with the cut scenes-if they were shiny that'd mean a new set of cut scenes would have to be made.

TheSirPeras
31st January 2012, 11:13 PM
anville town. apart from the trains, i feel like you should be able to do more there

Kameinu
1st February 2012, 1:49 AM
anville town. apart from the trains, i feel like you should be able to do more there

I actually expect that place to have something to do with the next Battle Frontier/BF equivalent. <.<

Ace of Shades
1st February 2012, 1:51 AM

agreed and they should also do something with that airport In my opinion at least

dewey911p
1st February 2012, 2:17 AM
It might be something to do with the cut scenes-if they were shiny that'd mean a new set of cut scenes would have to be made.

is that true? Lugia could be shiny is SS but i dont think its cut scene was any different.

Kameinu
1st February 2012, 3:19 AM
is that true? Lugia could be shiny is SS but i dont think its cut scene was any different.

I don't know the real reasoning why Zekrom and Reshiram cannot be battled as shinies. But maybe it could be because if you defeat them or runaway you can re-challenge them instantly afterwards. But either way, I don't think it matters. Gray may give us the chance to catch them as shinies. :T

Archstaraptor
1st February 2012, 7:52 AM

I have no idea-the above statement I made was just a guess!

Shine
1st February 2012, 9:12 AM
I wonder what the black boat in Castelia is for and why it keeps disappearing.

It is Team Plasma's ship.

Read here for more info, check the middle finger section.
http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=388

DLO
1st February 2012, 10:52 AM

1. BW and HGSS were made at the same time, not one after the another.

2. Pokčmon following you would have completely destroyed the concept of Team Plasma, RELEASE YOUR POKEMON when they can simply take it if they're outside.

What Genesect was like prior to the modifications, and why it in particular was chosen for enhancement over something like, say, the Pokemon equivalent of the T-rex which in theory should be just as good.
But Genesect WAS that. "Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters."

Aldrius
1st February 2012, 11:11 AM
2. Pokčmon following you would have completely destroyed the concept of Team Plasma, RELEASE YOUR POKEMON when they can simply take it if they're outside.

I don't understand your point... I mean obviously they mostly didn't include it because of the work involved for very little necessary gain. It'll potentially be back for grey. (I hope it is.)

I just want to know more about N really. I think he's easily the best and most interesting rival or villain character we've ever had in these games, and I think it'd be a shame to never see or hear from him again in future installments.

Bushido Bob
1st February 2012, 5:34 PM
Something's been bugging me lately... Remember that black boat Team Plasma used to go to Liberty Garden that remains docked in Castelia City even after that? Well, something occurred to me: The place it's docked at is called Prime Pier. Now the mystery comes in; the two piers to the left are named after the locations their boats take the player to. Unity Pier's boat takes you to Unity Tower, and Liberty Pier's boat takes you to Liberty Garden. So where's Prime _____? Why wasn't the pier just left unnamed like the one on the far right if the boat doesn't have a destination for players? Future Gray content?

But Genesect WAS that. "Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters."

Yes, but the T-rex wasn't around that long ago. By the time its PokEquivalent was around, Genesect was long-dead. Hmmm.... Maybe Team Plasma resurrected all of the ancient apex predators, brought in the modern pseudo-legendaries, and had them all fight each other until only one remained to decide who's worth enhancing. Eh, I'm probably putting too much thought into this.

LightSuicune
3rd February 2012, 2:47 AM
Kyurems alt. form confirmed! ;)

http://pokebeach.com/2012/02/placeholder-for-kyurem-forme-found-in-black-and-white-coding

Kameinu
3rd February 2012, 3:44 AM
Well that's very interesting. How they set it up for compatibility and the fact that it's apparently the same thing that happened for DPP.

Wolf Prince
3rd February 2012, 4:24 AM
The greatest mistery i have heard is that they said Kyurem would EAT people and pokemon and was considered a beast.

Madden610
3rd February 2012, 4:29 AM
Kyurems alt. form confirmed! ;)

http://pokebeach.com/2012/02/placeholder-for-kyurem-forme-found-in-black-and-white-coding

Known for a good month or 2 on Smogon research thread idiot. Then everyone who riped apart the coding back before release knew it as well....*Facepalms at pointless post of yours*

PhoenixFever
3rd February 2012, 7:56 AM
I think one of the mysteries that a third game should reveal is the one pokemon that Zekrom and Reshiram once were before the twin brothers split them over their seperate beliefs. Perhaps it can even be created, as when N releases Zekrom you can then be able to capture it and then fuse the two into their natural form. I would really love that.

moa
3rd February 2012, 3:57 PM
Known for a good month or 2 on Smogon research thread idiot. Then everyone who riped apart the coding back before release knew it as well....*Facepalms at pointless post of yours*

well I don't use Smogon,
if everyone knew why the main fan sites never said anything?

Wolf Prince
3rd February 2012, 5:56 PM

Not everyone goes to smogon, i only go there for the tiers even though i almost know them by memorie exactly witch pokemon.
Also there is no need to call someone an Idiot.

TheExorcist04
4th February 2012, 6:04 PM
I am most interested in the background of Kyurem, since I read somewhere that it came from space and started to eat pokemon and humans.

And I also heard a few rumors that it might of taken over the corpse of the dragon that once was the original vessel for Zekrom and Reshiram.

Again that part is still a rumor since we do not know much about Kyurem yet.

Adrexus
4th February 2012, 9:39 PM
You know what the biggest mystery in Pokemon Black and White is? This is going to blow your mind!

That little station in Driftveil City where its blocked off by the gate. Man they must be hiding some serious goodies in there. This is a mystery that I demand an answer to.

Spidey
4th February 2012, 9:50 PM
You know what the biggest mystery in Pokemon Black and White is? This is going to blow your mind!

That little station in Driftveil City where its blocked off by the gate. Man they must be hiding some serious goodies in there. This is a mystery that I demand an answer to.

It might be that he doesn't want unauthorized people to get into the mine full of dangerous equipment, e.g. he's doing his job.

Adrexus
4th February 2012, 10:18 PM
It might be that he doesn't want unauthorized people to get into the mine full of dangerous equipment, e.g. he's doing his job.

No! The Unovan government must be covering something up. Why would the government use a perfectly ordinary looking building in an ordinary town to cover up the secret of the century and bar the playable character from entering? It must the Unovan government's attempt to create a genetically modified pokemon army. How else do you explain electric spiders? Something just doesn't add up here. I will be be vindicated!

Aside from that, Relic castle has got to have some juicy secrets waiting in the next game. Ancient civilization overrun by another army? A pokemon? Only the future holds the answer.

Alexander18
4th February 2012, 11:20 PM
Reshiram and Zekrom have two signature moves, one at level 50 and the other at level 100. Kyurem however has no level 100 move and has Glaciate which is not as strong as the Fusion Flare/Bolt of the other two. And there are two moves that on pokemon can learn and are Ice moves that cause burn and Paralysis. Why is that?

Diz~
4th February 2012, 11:46 PM
No! The Unovan government must be covering something up. Why would the government use a perfectly ordinary looking building in an ordinary town to cover up the secret of the century and bar the playable character from entering? It must the Unovan government's attempt to create a genetically modified pokemon army. How else do you explain electric spiders? Something just doesn't add up here. I will be be vindicated!

Aside from that, Relic castle has got to have some juicy secrets waiting in the next game. Ancient civilization overrun by another army? A pokemon? Only the future holds the answer.

Genesect? 0_o

Wolf Prince
5th February 2012, 5:31 AM
I am most interested in the background of Kyurem, since I read somewhere that it came from space and started to eat pokemon and humans.

And I also heard a few rumors that it might of taken over the corpse of the dragon that once was the original vessel for Zekrom and Reshiram.

Again that part is still a rumor since we do not know much about Kyurem yet.

I read to rumors too, it is announced that in pokemon grey, Kyurem will have a second form, maybe an Origin form(like GIratina) before he turned to the altered form(like giratina) wich would be the dragon one o.o

master of murkrow
5th February 2012, 6:02 AM
uhm just to clear some things up...

Kyurem is the complete form of Reshirham and Zekrom togheter, this was told during the anime. Here is the whole telling: Once there was a pokemon that created the unova region. But when 2 princes came to the unova region the pokemon split up in a pokemon for ideals and one for truth. these two pokemon were Reshirham and Zekrom. the princes lived in peace and build cities and villages togheter, but then they started to fight and it became a war. a war between Zekrom and Reshirham that destroyed the whole region. when they saw what they did the pokemon used up all their power to rebuild it, turned to stone and left the princes.

you can find it in one of the first episodes when pikachu was struck by zekrom's lightning.

But I also have an prediction based on in game info. I think N will return in the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, because when you have caught all of the sage's looker mentions N was seen in a foreign region.

BCVM22
5th February 2012, 7:51 AM
Kyurem is the complete form of Reshirham and Zekrom togheter, this was told during the anime. Here is the whole telling:

Putting aside the fact that nothing the anime does has any effect on anything, your "whole telling" doesn't actually mention Kyurem.

Kyurem is what it is right now. There are any number of theories, some of which are relatively well-founded and logical, but nothing is confirmed and to state otherwise at this point would be premature.

Bluebird55
5th February 2012, 12:34 PM
How about the Three legendaries? It mentions in the Pokedex entry that they were protecting the Pokemon from the humans, but wouldn't that mean you'd get attacked by the pokemon if you caught the three legendaries?

Agonist
5th February 2012, 2:03 PM
No, why would it mean that? It merely states that the Musketeers protected some wild Pokemon during a war with humans.

Kameinu
5th February 2012, 3:40 PM
uhm just to clear some things up...

Kyurem is the complete form of Reshirham and Zekrom togheter, this was told during the anime. Here is the whole telling: Once there was a pokemon that created the unova region. But when 2 princes came to the unova region the pokemon split up in a pokemon for ideals and one for truth. these two pokemon were Reshirham and Zekrom. the princes lived in peace and build cities and villages togheter, but then they started to fight and it became a war. a war between Zekrom and Reshirham that destroyed the whole region. when they saw what they did the pokemon used up all their power to rebuild it, turned to stone and left the princes.

you can find it in one of the first episodes when pikachu was struck by zekrom's lightning.

But I also have an prediction based on in game info. I think N will return in the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, because when you have caught all of the sage's looker mentions N was seen in a foreign region.

First off, the anime butchered the Zekrom and Reshiram mythology. Relic Castle and DragonSpiral where completley ignored, the twin heroes actually came to terms and a second war was started by their sons.

And that's impossible. The only way that could happen is if a massive retcon is applied to the timeline as the events of Ruby & Sapphire occur at the same time of those in Red & Green.

Trickster44
5th February 2012, 4:37 PM

I've always wondered if that would be used for something like an event or a rare item, but it could just be there for show. I get my hopes up on it that it could potentially be used for an important event or something in future gameplay

☭Secret_Shocker☭
20th February 2012, 11:11 AM
It's that ghost of the girl that appears in the marvelous bridge, maybe they'd give more depth to that...

BCVM22
20th February 2012, 12:01 PM
What "depth" would you have them introduce regarding that bit?

Swagmander
20th February 2012, 6:59 PM
Black and White honestly felt like a big sneak peek for the revelations that will take place in Gray. Hopefully we'll see more of N's backstory next time, a story event involving the Giant Chasm, and a plot event regarding the Abyssal Ruins. As for the gangsters, I honestly think they're just a novelty, like the Trick House was. I don't even care how shallow the story was in BW, though: the gameplay is great and keeps you playing long past the story arc.

SmeargleArtist
20th February 2012, 7:53 PM
The pokemon in challengers cave is genesect i bet,
keldeo is in the abyssal ruins and why is kyurem
so terrible? The moves Ice burn and Freeze shock
are obviously moves kyurem will have access to in
Grey, they represent Reshiram and Zekrom
respectively which backs up Kyurem being Reshiram
and Zekrom combined.

PerseusRad
20th February 2012, 10:23 PM
The pokemon in challengers cave is genesect i bet,
keldeo is in the abyssal ruins and why is kyurem
so terrible? The moves Ice burn and Freeze shock
are obviously moves kyurem will have access to in
Grey, they represent Reshiram and Zekrom
respectively which backs up Kyurem being Reshiram
and Zekrom combined.

Genesect is not in Challenger's Cave. It is in an event in the P2 laboratory.

SmeargleArtist
20th February 2012, 10:50 PM
Oh my bad, that was just a geuss :3 It makes sense, the a whole lot of nothing to do there.

Bushido Bob
21st February 2012, 4:47 AM
Genesect is not in Challenger's Cave. It is in an event in the P2 laboratory.

Technically it's not even in the event; Genesect is given directly to the player via wi-fi and never appears in the overworld.

As for it being connected to Challenger's Cave... That's actually a plausible concept if you ask me. The place has an uncanny resemblance to Cerulean Cave, and we all know who occupies that.

VainAttempts
21st February 2012, 10:47 AM
The little girl's ghost is the biggest mystery for me. Could it be that Mr. Backlot went on another murderous spree? Did he push her off the bridge? Could it be that his crimes have spread outside of Sinnoh? Ah, remember the Old Chateau and them scurry ghosts?

Back on topic: But really, all that hag told me is that a little girl used to play around the bridge and disappeared? So our mystery is... who "got rid" of a little girl?

Suspects include: Mr. Backlot and http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d2/Spr_1b_103.png and maybe http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/09/Spr_1b_097.png with the help of a white van.

Schade
21st February 2012, 12:43 PM
I want to hear more about the Relic Castle and the Abyssal Ruins.

grovyle1997
21st February 2012, 4:59 PM
maybe the second form of kyurem is that one when he was a beast and ate humans and pokemon.

Bushido Bob
22nd February 2012, 1:24 AM
The little girl's ghost is the biggest mystery for me. Could it be that Mr. Backlot went on another murderous spree? Did he push her off the bridge? Could it be that his crimes have spread outside of Sinnoh? Ah, remember the Old Chateau and them scurry ghosts?

Back on topic: But really, all that hag told me is that a little girl used to play around the bridge and disappeared? So our mystery is... who "got rid" of a little girl?

Suspects include: Mr. Backlot and http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d2/Spr_1b_103.png and maybe http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/09/Spr_1b_097.png with the help of a white van.

IIRC, it was said the girl used to play with an Abra there...

"ABRA USED TELEPORT OVER RIVER, it's not very effective... Abra and little girl fainted from recoil!"

I'm terrible.

Ansem1013
22nd February 2012, 2:00 AM
It's that ghost of the girl that appears in the marvelous bridge, maybe they'd give more depth to that...

I'm pretty sure the little girl is shy and just has abra use Teleport

KiltedTrainer
22nd February 2012, 4:31 AM
Has anyone else ever thought about Sabrina being involved with the little girl somehow? Seeing as how she and abra have in the past always been quite connected, I don't see why not.

R_N
22nd February 2012, 5:47 AM
As for it being connected to Challenger's Cave... That's actually a plausible concept if you ask me. The place has an uncanny resemblance to Cerulean Cave, and we all know who occupies that.

The Pokemon is specifically mentioned to have been training its students

Genesect is neither a mentor or a student. It's most likely referring to Cobalion and I would not be surprised to see him moved there in grey and perhaps have Terrakion moved to Mislatron Cave

Has anyone else ever thought about Sabrina being involved with the little girl somehow? Seeing as how she and abra have in the past always been quite connected, I don't see why not.

Because that's a ridiculously thin connection? You could say the same thing about Mira.

Ponymon
25th February 2012, 5:26 PM
why was N brought up by pokemon

mewmew202
26th February 2012, 6:48 AM
why was N brought up by pokemon
They actually explained that. He was abandoned by Gatsas (sp) in order to have a pawn they could use that would sympathize with pokemon and further their so called "cause" of freeing pokemon.

Stiffler83
26th February 2012, 7:50 AM
I think it'd be really cool if they payed homage to Mewtwo in the backstory to how Genesect was revived and modified.

Maybe some of the same scientists worked on the projects... or something.

Poke_Mania97
26th February 2012, 9:39 AM
The kyurem forme's look awesome :D i like the reshiram looking one, but it seems a little weird. The zekrom looking one looks like what i expected.

Funny fact: Just before the games were announced me and my mate wondered if two games would be released cause of that movie poster :)

i wonder what this will do in the story :D cant wait

Ohitsdylan
2nd March 2012, 4:02 AM
I want to know more about Kyurem...
It's a strange pokemon, why does it look broken?(one of its wings are alot shorter than the other one).
Even in its new forms it looks strange.... very unsymmetrical.

bushie
2nd March 2012, 4:09 AM
accordin to the game when it crashed on earth it was damaged. kyurem is the most interesting and mysterious pokemon of all time

TomoEGoto
3rd March 2012, 10:31 PM
Been wondering this for a while now, the size of Unova, now I know they can't stress adding more stuff to a game that's only for the DS, but doesn't it feel like there could be MORE places to go to?

Oh and I have been wondering, you know the island, where you can see the people you traded with? The empty island beside it, I always wondered what that could have been.

_

I have a theory about Challenger's Cave, how the chick mentioned a legendary lived there? Maybe... maybe it could be.. either Keldo (training perhaps?) OR Terakon before it shifted toward the road to Elite 4.

BCVM22
4th March 2012, 7:49 AM
There is nothing special in the Challenger's Cave in Black and White, in-game, event or otherwise.

Schade
4th March 2012, 1:07 PM
Challenger's Cave should have some legendary or something.
But, the most interesting place in BW is the Relic Castle

Xyllerion
4th March 2012, 1:40 PM
But, the most interesting place in BW is the Relic Castle
Agreed.
Like why is there a sunken castle in the desert?

Also Undella town, I've noticed something, if you go west then south of Undella town Pokemon center you'll see a plateu(err...spelling) with two rocks at the side and a space in the middle. Is something supposed to be there or is just like that Chamber near Fortree City in Hoenn?

Schade
4th March 2012, 1:52 PM
I have noticed that in Undella Town. Probably nothing..
What chamber near Fortree?

The Eleventh
4th March 2012, 1:56 PM
What chamber near Fortree?
He's either talking about the Scorched Slab or the Ancient Tomb (where Registeel is found), to the east of Fortree.

Xyllerion
4th March 2012, 2:09 PM
He's either talking about the Scorched Slab or the Ancient Tomb (where Registeel is found), to the east of Fortree.

Ah that's the name. The scorched slab

Schade
4th March 2012, 3:38 PM
Can't you find Sunny Day in there?

SmeargleArtist
4th March 2012, 3:42 PM
On the marvelous bridge on the east end there is a girl and when you interact with her she disappears. spooky

The Eleventh
4th March 2012, 4:28 PM
Can't you find Sunny Day in there?
That's all there is to be found; it's quite strange.

On the marvelous bridge on the east end there is a girl and when you interact with her she disappears. spooky
Yeah, there's a 72% chance that she's a ghost.

Schade
4th March 2012, 4:37 PM
what us the last 28% then? a Mirage?

DragonXmicro
4th March 2012, 5:24 PM
Of course. What irks me is
The dive ball got its original meaning back, but u cant find any mons underwater

SmeargleArtist
4th March 2012, 5:27 PM
Thats cuz you can't encounter pokemon underwater.

Schade
4th March 2012, 5:30 PM
Thats cuz you can't encounter pokemon underwater.

Didn't he say that? (http://www.google.no/imgres?q=you+dont+say&um=1&hl=no&sa=N&rlz=1R2ADFA_noNO473&biw=1366&bih=587&tbm=isch&tbnid=1qrr_MR8IyTbDM:&imgrefurl=http://alltheragefaces.com/face/misc-you-dont-say&docid=DpAVJ2KFAlp6aM&imgurl=http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/misc-you-dont-say-l.png&w=1500&h=1113&ei=TZhTT8miJtD04QSuwoiyDQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=390&sig=103623358433426057107&page=1&tbnh=108&tbnw=146&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0&tx=54&ty=42)

Claus351
4th March 2012, 5:53 PM
Didn't he say that? (http://www.google.no/imgres?q=you+dont+say&um=1&hl=no&sa=N&rlz=1R2ADFA_noNO473&biw=1366&bih=587&tbm=isch&tbnid=1qrr_MR8IyTbDM:&imgrefurl=http://alltheragefaces.com/face/misc-you-dont-say&docid=DpAVJ2KFAlp6aM&imgurl=http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/misc-you-dont-say-l.png&w=1500&h=1113&ei=TZhTT8miJtD04QSuwoiyDQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=390&sig=103623358433426057107&page=1&tbnh=108&tbnw=146&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0&tx=54&ty=42)

You rule.
and isn't the dive ball supposed to apply to water type pokemon?

DragonXmicro
4th March 2012, 5:58 PM
No, just mons underwater

GameMaster10
13th March 2012, 10:45 AM

Yeah, there's a 72% chance that she's a ghost.

She is definitely a ghost, there an old woman on the east side of the bridge that says something about a girl playing on the bridge with her pokemon, and the girl died.
Also I want to know the deal of the Abyssal Ruins east of Undella.

BCVM22
13th March 2012, 4:11 PM
No one ever actually said the girl died, leaving the 72% chance that she's a ghost intact.

Zamin
9th September 2013, 6:32 AM
No one ever actually said the girl died, leaving the 72% chance that she's a ghost intact.

I'm pretty sure she did die mate.

Kreis
10th September 2013, 2:20 AM
Don't bump old threads.