PDA

View Full Version : Shuckle moveset!!!

SoulSilverSolomon
9th January 2012, 9:13 PM
I've recently been looking over the seemingly defensive beast that is SHUCKLE. Only 'seemingly' because of it's typing.

I don't think I have ever seen it used in a remotely high tier (if ever) in competitive battling, so I tried to work out an effective moveset for it, other than the one supplied by Serebii.

Shuckle

- Substitute
- Power Trick
- Gyro Ball/EQ
- Rest
Item Attached: Chesto Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

In a nutshell - Get the Sub up and running, this is pretty much essential I think. Flip your Attack and defense stats with Power Trick - you now have an Attack Stat of 580 plus. Hit with Gyro Ball or EQ. (Gyro Ball could be huge if the opponent is lightning quick, but could be tiny if a slow beastie is switched in. EQ is reliable damage, huge type coverage only missing Flying types and Levitaters). Rest and the Chesto are there to be annoying and enable a quicker replacement Sub.

If you find yourself in a spot of bother, you can always switch your stats back and Rest (not necessarily in that order) and start the process again by Subbing up.

Any thoughts? Is this completely impractical? Or may it have a niche it can fit into? I don't know the answers to these questions. All i know is that it worked for me so far, but then the standard i play against is not very high...

Cheer all!

giritina'sshadow
17th January 2012, 2:37 PM
Having Power Trick is good, but then think about your Defence...

Having Shuckle is just too much of a pain...

If you really want a shuckle, try toxic or something. Sadly, it doesn't have a recovery move