PDA

View Full Version : My 4th Gen Competitive team

Tdotdems
14th January 2012, 4:55 PM
This is my team I've been working on for a while on platinum but still. Got a few decisions to make, please help and rate :)

Swampert@leftovers
Torrent
+Def -Sp Atk
252Hp 136 Def 120 Sp Def
Stealth Rocks
Earthquake
Waterfall/Avalanche
Roar/Toxic/Protect

Swampert is my initial lead to set up stealth rocks, earthquake is for STAB and I will have either waterfall for STAB or avalanche for coverage. For the last slot I have a variety of options with roar to prevent set up and phaze, also get extra SR damage. Protect to scout and Toxic for Status.Swampert also acts as a physical wall for later In the game.

Machamp@Lum Berry
No Guard
Adamant
252 Atk 252 hp 4 Def
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge
Payback
Substitute

Fairly standard Machamp, dynamic punch with no guard is just epic, stone edge for coverage, payback mainly for Gengar, because Machamp can force many switches he can easily set up a sub, they will most likely switch in Gengar or something, it will destroy the sub then Machamp will kill his counter.

Heatran@Choice Scarf/Specs
Flash Fire
Modest/Timid
252Sp Atk 252Speed 4 Hp
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Dark Pulse/ Flash Cannon

Heatran is one of my special sweepers but also has so bulk, not sure about flamethrower or fire blast but that's his STAB move of choice. The rest is coverage, not really sure about either flash cannon or dark pulse tbh but can't think of anything better.

Jirachi@Leftovers
Serene Grace
Jolly
252Atk 252 Spd 4Hp
Iron Head
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch/ Thunder Wave

Serene Grace is THE best ability in my opinion, in this case I've gone for Jirachi over Togekiss. Iron Head gives 60% Flinch chance, all punches have a 20/30% chance of status(I forget which) Not sure about thunder wave or punch though because paralysis aswell as iron head only gives them a 30% chance of hitting, allowing leftovers to have a big effect, but t-punch can still paralyse occasionally and gives more coverage.

Starmie@choice specs/life orb
Natural Cure
Timid
252 Sp Atk 252 Speed 4 Hp
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic/Rapid Spin

Starmie can be a fantastic sp sweeper and revenge killer with great speed and sp atk not sure about surf or hydro pump for stab move of choice. The others for coverage. Not sure about life orb/choice specs, specs gives more power but life orb will allow me to put in rapid spin which is something my team needs. Opinions?

Gengar@Life Orb/Choice Specs
Levitate
252Sp Atk 252Speed 4 Hp
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Energy Ball/Dark Pulse/Substitute

Gengar is another sp sweeper with a fairly standard set with the awesome focus blast/shadow ball coverage. Will but choice specs on him if starmie doesn't have them, otherwise too many choice pokemon, and I prefer Gengar to have a bit of flexibility or it is too easy for a normal type to switch in on him. Last move is a bit of a filler and not really sure what to have here.

N.B, Do not suggest hidden powers as I do not have the patience to breed for them.

SakuraLatias
14th January 2012, 9:25 PM
This is my team I've been working on for a while on platinum but still. Got a few decisions to make, please help and rate :)

Swampert@leftovers
Torrent
+Def -Sp Atk
252Hp 136 Def 120 Sp Def
Stealth Rocks
Earthquake
Waterfall/Avalanche
Roar/Toxic/Protect

Not a bad set, I'd prefer Waterfall for STAB. However, you'll lose coverage to Dragons that are Ground resistance. Its totally up to you for another move. Keep Earthquake, you'll need it for STAB.

Swampert is my initial lead to set up stealth rocks, earthquake is for STAB and I will have either waterfall for STAB or avalanche for coverage. For the last slot I have a variety of options with roar to prevent set up and phaze, also get extra SR damage. Protect to scout and Toxic for Status.Swampert also acts as a physical wall for later In the game.

Machamp@Lum Berry
No Guard
Adamant
252 Atk 252 hp 4 Def
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge
Payback
Substitute

Very good set. That's all have to say.

Fairly standard Machamp, dynamic punch with no guard is just epic, stone edge for coverage, payback mainly for Gengar, because Machamp can force many switches he can easily set up a sub, they will most likely switch in Gengar or something, it will destroy the sub then Machamp will kill his counter.

Heatran@Choice Scarf/Specs
Flash Fire
Modest/Timid
252Sp Atk 252Speed 4 Hp
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Dark Pulse/ Flash Cannon

I understand that you don't have time to use Hidden Power, I'd suggest Dark Pulse. Flash Cannon gives you STAB, but it gives poor type coverage. Other than that, I'd also suggest that are in BOLD. It looks pretty good.

Heatran is one of my special sweepers but also has so bulk, not sure about flamethrower or fire blast but that's his STAB move of choice. The rest is coverage, not really sure about either flash cannon or dark pulse tbh but can't think of anything better.

Jirachi@Leftovers
Serene Grace
Jolly
252Atk 252 Spd 4Hp
Iron Head
Fire Punch/U-turn OR
Ice Punch/U-turn
Thunder Punch/ Thunder Wave

Hmm, this one was tricky. Thunder Wave is better, so you'll have 100% to paralyze your opponent, rather than going for T-Punch's 20% to paralyze your opponent. You'll need U-Turn, so that you'll have coverage to Psychic, plus it'll take damage as well. Fire Punch or Ice Punch is totally up to you.

Serene Grace is THE best ability in my opinion, in this case I've gone for Jirachi over Togekiss. Iron Head gives 60% Flinch chance, all punches have a 20/30% chance of status(I forget which) Not sure about thunder wave or punch though because paralysis aswell as iron head only gives them a 30% chance of hitting, allowing leftovers to have a big effect, but t-punch can still paralyse occasionally and gives more coverage.

Starmie@choice specs/life orb
Natural Cure
Timid
252 Sp Atk 252 Speed 4 Hp
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic/Rapid Spin

You'll need a Rapid Spinner. BoltBeam for coverage. Good set overall.

Starmie can be a fantastic sp sweeper and revenge killer with great speed and sp atk not sure about surf or hydro pump for stab move of choice. The others for coverage. Not sure about life orb/choice specs, specs gives more power but life orb will allow me to put in rapid spin which is something my team needs. Opinions?

Gengar@Life Orb/With move-tutor: Choice Specs
Levitate
252Sp Atk 252Speed 4 Hp
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt OR Energy Ball With move-tutor: Icy Wind
Focus Blast
Energy Ball/Dark Pulse/Substitute With move-tutor: Trick

If you have time to use move-tutor, then I'd suggest Trick with Choice Specs. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast definitely gives you coverage. Icy Wind lowers your opponent's speed. With Icy Wind, you'll need Life Orb or Focus Sash.

Gengar is another sp sweeper with a fairly standard set with the awesome focus blast/shadow ball coverage. Will but choice specs on him if starmie doesn't have them, otherwise too many choice pokemon, and I prefer Gengar to have a bit of flexibility or it is too easy for a normal type to switch in on him. Last move is a bit of a filler and not really sure what to have here.

N.B, Do not suggest hidden powers as I do not have the patience to breed for them.

Can you do Move-Tutor moves? Otherwise suggestions are in bold.

Tdotdems
14th January 2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah I can do move tutor moves. Thanks for the suggestions they look good.

SakuraLatias
14th January 2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah I can do move tutor moves. Thanks for the suggestions they look good.

Not a problem. ^^

Tdotdems
15th January 2012, 3:05 PM
Anything anyone else would change or does it look good?

giritina'sshadow
19th January 2012, 3:17 PM
Here is a change: Try switching Machamp's substitute with rest and switching Lum Berry for Chesto~

Mr.ALLTHINGSNINTENDO
2nd February 2012, 6:15 PM
My Ultimate Battling Team;
Noctowl@FlameOrb
Hypnosis
Facade
Toxic
Dream Eater

Infernape@Sitrus Berry
Earthquake
Calm Mind
Flare Blitz
Close Combat

Walrein@Leftovers
Surf
Blizzard
Waterfall
Sheer Cold

Delcatty@Bright Powder
Assist
Fake Out
Toxic
Substitute

Zapdos@Scope Lens
Thunder
Rain Dance
Shock Wave
Thunder Wave

Roserade@Life Orb
Mega Drain
Weather Ball
Toxic
Swords Dance

Mr.ALLTHINGSNINTENDO
2nd February 2012, 6:17 PM
My one and done team:
Noctowl@flameorb
facade
toxic
hypnosis
dream eater

luxray@choice scarf
fire fang
thunder fang
crunch
toxic

alakazam@focus band
fire punch
psychic
toxic
psycho cut

Sitozoria
10th March 2012, 11:42 PM
;405; Lv 100 Ability: Intimidate Moves: Superpower,Thunderbolt,Crunch,Signal Beam Hold item:Shell Bell

;389; Lv 100 Ability: Overgrow Moves: Superpower,Earthquake,Wood Hammer,Outrage Hold item:Leftovers

;483; Lv 100 Ability: Pressure Moves: Flash Cannon,Ice Beam,Outrage,Earthquake Hold item: Adamant Orb

;416; Lv 100 Ability: Pressure Moves: Attack Order,Power Gem,Aerial Ace,Ominous Wind Hold item: Leftovers

;430; Lv 100 Ability: Super Luck Moves:Superpower,Drill Peck, Heat Wave,Dark Pulse Hold Item: Leftovers

;493; Lv 100 Ability: Multitype Moves: Surf,Judgement,Ice Beam,Earthquake Hold item: Zap Plate

Klaus™
27th March 2012, 5:16 AM
^^^make ur own rmt guys.
anyway, sakuras changesnare good, except if your going to sub gengar, include pain split in there. subsplit is the standard for that and is most effective.

Sitozoria
29th April 2012, 12:41 AM
;154; Lv 100 Ability: Overgrow Hold Item: Leftovers
Stats: HP: 364 Atk:257 Def:291 Sp.Atk:258 Sp.Def: 299 Spd:234
Moves: Outrage, Petal Dance, Earthquake, Return

;395; Lv 100 Ability: Torrent Hold Item: Leftovers
Stats: HP: 372 Atk:262 Def:275 Sp. Atk:312 Sp. Def:300 Spd:205
Moves: Drill Peck, Surf, Earthquake, Ice Beam

;257; Lv 100 Ability: Blaze Hold Item: Shell Bell
Stats: HP: 364 Atk: 372 Def:215 Sp.Atk: 214 Sp. Def: 215 Spd: 243
Moves: Brave Bird, Sky Uppercut, Earthquake, Flare Blitz

;483; Lv 100 Ability: Pressure Hold Item:Choice Specs