PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my fighting deck!

MoreThanLuck
18th January 2012, 1:10 AM
Hey guys and gals! I think this is the right spot for this thread. If it isn't I apologize, and would be happy to relocate it.
ANYWAYS
I'm not really new to the Pokemon TCG per say, but this is my first real custom deck. I would appreciate some help on it, interms of what to watch out for, and specific cards. Here it is:

4 - Machops (Triumphant)
3 - Machoke (Triumphant)
2 - Machamp (Stormfront)
2 - Machamp Prime
2 - Phanpy (Call of Legends)
2 - Donphan Prime
1 - Azelf (Legends Awakened)
2 - Uxie (Legends Awakened)
3 - Bebe's Search (Rising Rivals)
3 - Broken Time Space (Platinum)
2 - Switch (Black and White)
2 - Rare Candy (HGSS)
1 - Seeker (HGSS)
2 - Smeargle (Call of Legends)
1 - Cynthia's Feelings (Legends Awakened)
2 - Emcee's Chatter (HGSS)
3 - Expert Belt (Arceus)
1 - Interviewer's Questions (HGSS)
1 - Professor Oak's New Theory (HGSS)
2 - Super Scoop Up (Black and White)
3 - Warp Point (Diamond and Pearl)
2 - Switch (Black and White)
2 - Twins (HGSS)
1 - Palmer's Contribution
11 - Fighting Energy

I feel like I need less trainers, and more Energy.
I was thinking about adding some Hitmonlee's from Undaunted, or subbing some of the trainers for either
Pokemon Communication
Copycat
Professor Elm's Training Method
Flower Shop Lady

So what do you think about it so far, how should I improve it, which cards should I add/ remove and do I need to put more energies in?

Thanks! Ian

MoreThanLuck
18th January 2012, 1:37 AM
bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump

Lumos77
18th January 2012, 2:46 AM
Umm, you do know all cards pre-HGSS are not tournament legal?

MoreThanLuck
18th January 2012, 4:28 AM
lol, no I didn't. What do I need to remove? Is HGSS itself allowed?

MoreThanLuck
18th January 2012, 5:03 AM
What can I do to make this tournament legit?

Tarro57
18th January 2012, 5:17 AM
Take out all cards pre HGSS and replace them with some of those Trainers and maybe some Energy if you feel like it.

MoreThanLuck
18th January 2012, 2:24 PM
So I have to change machop, machoke, 2 of the Machamps, the phanpy, the axelf, and the 2 uxies right? Anything I forgot?

ven?
18th January 2012, 10:12 PM
check the set's on the bottom of the cards.

Tarro57
18th January 2012, 10:25 PM
All HS Sets are okay. Anything that came out before the release of HGSS is not tournament legal.

MoreThanLuck
18th January 2012, 11:26 PM
So I have to change machop, machoke, 2 of the Machamps, the phanpy, the axelf, and the 2 uxies, Broken Time Space, Cynthia's Feelings, and Warp Point correct? Did I miss anything?

Tarro57
18th January 2012, 11:46 PM
The Machops and Machokes are good. You need to get rid of the 2 Machamps from Stormfront, Azelf, both Uxie, All Bebe's Search and Broken Time Space, Cynthia's Feelings, all Expert Belts, Warp Point and Palmer's Contribution.

MoreThanLuck
19th January 2012, 3:26 AM
The Machops and Machokes are good. You need to get rid of the 2 Machamps from Stormfront, Azelf, both Uxie, All Bebe's Search and Broken Time Space, Cynthia's Feelings, all Expert Belts, Warp Point and Palmer's Contribution.

Thanks. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do to improve this deck now? How can I make this capable for competitive battle? Or should I just scrap the whole thing and start over?

K1LL3RxP0P7aRt
19th January 2012, 5:39 AM
hmm.... try this instead I made a similiar deck a while ago

Pokemon 19
4 Machamp Prime(TM)
2 Machoke(TM)
4 Machop(TM)
3 Phanphy(CoL or HGSS)
2 Donphan PRime(HGSS)
2 Cleffa
1 Zekrom
1 Reshiram

T/S/S 24
4 Rare Candy(UL)
4 Porf. Oak New Theory(CoL/HGSS)
3 Pokemon COllector(HGSS)
2 Pokemon Comm.(HGSS/BW)
2 Interviewers Questions(HGSS/CoL)
2 Energy Retrival(BW)
2 Moo Moo MIlk
2 N(NV)
2 Switch(HGSS/BW)
1 Seeker
2 Twins

Energy 15
10 Fighting
3 DCE
2 Rescue

ven?
19th January 2012, 8:21 AM
How hard is it to check the bottom of your card to what set they are, if you want to apply for a tournament for cities, battles road's, national's, provincel's/state's, world's, etc, you need to know set to pokemon. This is basic, if you complain, then get educated or quit the game it's that simple, ya know junior's in my prov get ticked if you don't even know set's to pokemon, juniors.

MoreThanLuck
19th January 2012, 3:53 PM
hmm.... try this instead I made a similiar deck a while ago

Pokemon 19
4 Machamp Prime(TM)
2 Machoke(TM)
4 Machop(TM)
3 Phanphy(CoL or HGSS)
2 Donphan PRime(HGSS)
2 Cleffa
1 Zekrom
1 Reshiram

T/S/S 24
4 Rare Candy(UL)
4 Porf. Oak New Theory(CoL/HGSS)
3 Pokemon COllector(HGSS)
2 Pokemon Comm.(HGSS/BW)
2 Interviewers Questions(HGSS/CoL)
2 Energy Retrival(BW)
2 Moo Moo MIlk
2 N(NV)
2 Switch(HGSS/BW)
1 Seeker
2 Twins

Energy 15
10 Fighting
3 DCE
2 Rescue

Seems prett cool. How did you do with it? I'll give it a shot. Maybe switch in a Reuniclus and Blissey Prime, and sub the Zekrom for another Reshiram. But it's definitely cool, thanks!!

MoreThanLuck
19th January 2012, 3:54 PM
How hard is it to check the bottom of your card to what set they are, if you want to apply for a tournament for cities, battles road's, national's, provincel's/state's, world's, etc, you need to know set to pokemon. This is basic, if you complain, then get educated or quit the game it's that simple, ya know junior's in my prov get ticked if you don't even know set's to pokemon, juniors.

Do you not see that in my ORIGINAL POST I wrote the set name right next to the Pokemon or card??

donavannj
19th January 2012, 7:08 PM
I think ven? was frustrated by the fact that you weren't figuring out how to avail yourself of what sets are tournament legal and what the symbols for those sets look like so you can tell for yourself, though ven? didn't supply you with a page to do so. Here's a page on the main Serebii site with all of them so you can learn what symbol belongs to which set to help you build a deck more quickly: http://serebii.net/card/english.shtml

For promos, the letters next to the collector's number in the corner will tell you which promo series they are from.

ven?
20th January 2012, 4:51 AM
Yes I did which is why I made that statement yet thus thrice. When you go to a citie's, battle road's, state's/provincals they usually have pre-printed form's that tell you what set every card is from, those seem to be the only thing I tend to attend as of current.

providing people the set's isn't pro, well it's pro but it just make's them feel like they can just sucubus off of you, an I don't like that, so thats why I said educate urself, I don't have the time to do so to busy with other non-pokemon related thing's.

donavannj
20th January 2012, 8:56 AM
providing people the set's isn't pro, well it's pro but it just make's them feel like they can just sucubus off of you, an I don't like that, so thats why I said educate urself, I don't have the time to do so to busy with other non-pokemon related thing's.

You can provide people with a link where they can do it themselves. It's common courtesy and makes you seem like a jerk to new users if you don't. I work 40 hours a week myself but still took the time to post the link to the page where MoreThanLuck could research which logos correspond to which sets. Some people can't learn certain things unless you give them a little direction on those subjects.

As for deck suggestions, MoreThanLuck, I suggest you try not to go any higher than 23 Pokemon in your list, since your setup could lock you out of trainers and energy and leave you with Pokemon you don't want or need with what you top-deck for cards.

MoreThanLuck
21st January 2012, 10:03 PM
I think I'm going to scrap everything and start anew. I just saw Mewtwo EX. That card alone would tear my deck apart. Even if I had a Pokemin Collector and was able to get down Absol Prime in 1 turn I'd still be toast. And it's weakness is more psychic. This card is inevitably gonna be huge in the next rotation. So I'll just try to start brand new and see how it goes.

BTW, can anyone think of a good deck around Mewtwo EX, and a good way to counter it?

Tarro57
21st January 2012, 10:26 PM
The Chandelure can endure one Psydrive and can deal 130 damage plus Burn and Confuse it in one turn.