PDA

View Full Version : New to TGC, Need deck help

GilligBoi
21st January 2012, 6:46 AM
I got a Zekrom tin as a gift. I want to base a deck around him since I always liked electric types.

I have yet to order these cards and I want to know is this worth making. Basically all I need is someone to look this over and tell me what they think and point out any changes that need to be made.

A big thanks to anyone who can help get me started! ;644;

Pokemon: 18
Tornadus - x4
Thundurus - x4
Tynamo - x3
Eelektrik - x3
Zekrom - 4x

Trainers: 18
Secret Mission x2
Pokemon Collector x2
Scott x2
Celio's Network x4
Sage's Training x4
Pokemon communication x4
(Need more ideas here plz)

Energy:
Dunno how much I need

donavannj
21st January 2012, 12:59 PM
Secret Mission, Scott, and Celio's Network are not tournament legal, just so you're aware.

That seems like a solid list, but I'd lower the Tornadus and Thundurus counts to 2 apiece, then add in Eviolite, Professor Oak's New Theory, more Pokemon Collector, Cheren, and consider adding in a 2-2 Lanturn Prime (2 Chinchou and 2 Lanturn Prime). That's stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

ven?
22nd January 2012, 2:55 AM
new to tcg, best advice I can give you guy, your pokemon is awesome but you need a minimum of 2 per card for it to work, also league time is good training for what you need to get that medal at cities, or card, or whatever.

P.S. more trainer's/ supporter's/ and stadiums = more power, (T/S/S)

re-edit:

T/S/S/
4 communication (if you make the last rounds of a tournament or whatever, 9/10 decks have this exact same number in they're deck as well)
3 cheren's (draw power)
3 juniper (discard enbergy so you can dynamotor zekrom)
2-4 defender (defender + eviolite = no 40 damage zekrom takes every 120 he deals).
N-pont: some kind of supporter you can use to get a better hand if you have a bad hand.
= everything else that matches you're play style

The amount of energy should match the energy to the major attacker you plan on useing, if you tech tornadus I prescribe something like Double colourless and etc.

ArtCelJirArcRes
22nd January 2012, 3:00 AM
Energy is essential= my cruddy way of counting is to see the requirements of the most-energy-requiring move, see the type of energy, grab the # of energy, put in deck. PS: a tournament deck has 60 cards, in case you didn't know.:644:

ven?
22nd January 2012, 3:06 AM
IT does and 12-9 energy is in a winning tournament deck of the 60 cards used.

GilligBoi
23rd January 2012, 1:52 AM
Evolite and defender are pokemon tools right? So I think zekrom could only hold one right?

donavannj
23rd January 2012, 5:42 AM
Defender is not a Pokemon Tool, so both can be attached to it.

ven?
27th January 2012, 9:48 AM
defender is not attached it is put into the disco (discard pile) after use.