Items
- Pokédex
- Pokéball x4
- Rare Bone x1
- Berry Juice (4/4)
- 1000 Pokédollars

Current Location: North Dewist Forest

Special abilities and attacks:

- Honey Gather - Honey Gather will not work on battle since honey won't come from the sky. In maps that have significant flora you are able to send your Pokémon gather materials for honey. By doing so, it will become unavailable by one post (the post after you send it gather honey). When it comes back you'll receive honey, that will heal you or your Pokémon when consumed or can be used to attract wild Pokémon. You may use it, sell it to NPC that want to buy it (I'll warn if they appear) or even sell it to other players. If you are unsure about the possibility of using the ability in a certain map PM me.

- Pickup - Pickup will allow the trainer to send his Pokémon searching for something in a map. The Pokémon will find items sometimes and will become unavailable for one post. The ability can be used only when there aren't aggressive Pokémon in the area. The Pokémon with Pickup may also find something while walking with his trainer. I will always tell you if it happens, and if the search was sucessfull.

World Map Locations:

- Lianea Beach (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14098535&postcount=7)
- Lianea Village (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14099438&postcount=18)
- South Lianea Beach (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14112238&postcount=34)
- North Dewist Forest (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14134393&postcount=100)
- Deep Dewist Forest (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14177422&postcount=135)

Important Threads:

- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=558523 (RP thread)
- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=558521 (Sign up)

Be sure to post only things related to the RP!
HAVE FUN AND ENJOY

Squiddly Dee
21st January 2012, 4:12 PM
I have a question:
Could Bruce know Ember, as well? I think that at this point, it would be fair for him to have some sort of weak fire attack.

Creeper
21st January 2012, 4:37 PM
What level would Craig be? I see him in the 20s, being able to use moves around there, or lower/higher?

Tyoyo3131
21st January 2012, 8:34 PM
I saw you were on this thread, so can you please check my SU and hopefully accept it?

Gallant
21st January 2012, 8:39 PM
I designed the RPG assuming the starter Pokémon would be around level 5. That´s why you have only the basic attacks. After all, you were just beggining your journey the day the stars fell. Anyway don´t mind that very much, numbers aren´t really that important for me.

Epic Inferno, it looks fine to me if Bruce has a perfect Ember. It will allow you to make better and richer posts at the beggining, and give a whole different variety. And after all, you deserved it!

I want to remember you again of one more thing, your Pokémon know all their Innate Moveset (the one from B/W version). The question is the skill they have doing so. Perfect means they master it. So don´t follow only the moves here, use your imagination, that´s one of the main ways to gain skill using new attacks. You just have to be careful not to overdo it, like I explained with the Charmander in the gameplay section. Remember, sometimes errors can teach us as well!

RaZoR LeAf
21st January 2012, 9:09 PM
;006;Rules:;006;

- Serebii forum rules

Thanks for reading.

Gallant
2nd February 2012, 8:16 PM
Lianea Beach:

The calm, clear waters of the ocean touch the soft golden sand. The waves leave strange patterns on the sand. Krabby can be seen walking the sands near the water. A small breeze can be felt, and the cry of a nearby Wingull flock join with the sound of the waves. Sometimes at a distance, the sound of boats probably leaving the island can be heard, stopping by moments the pleasant sound of nature. Lianea Beach is the only gateway to Fallar known to humans. Some people are fishing by the wooden paths that connect to the boats, besides them no humans are present. Tentacool, Magikarp and Wailmer can be found on the ocean’s water by fishing. The beach is huge, spreading wide alongside the coast to the south. To the north a tiny path is visible, too close to the cliffs to be safely walked without a risk for someone to suffer severe injury. It seems it´s impassable for now, as water fills the whole path and waves bash the base of the cliff, making rocks fall sometimes. Near the cliffs, close to the water, shells move sometimes revealing their owner, Shellder. Looking to the east you can see smoke in the sky, certainly from the huts of Lianea.

Exits (open at the moment):

- Lianea Village (East)
- ?? (South)

Wild Pokémon (1-5 rarity scale)

- Magikarp (1, Fishing rod needed)
- Tentacool (2, Fishing rod needed)
- Wingull (2)
- Krabby (3)
- Shellder (4)
- Wailmer (5, Fishing rod needed)

Tyoyo3131
2nd February 2012, 8:44 PM
Question. How exactly do I get a Fishing Rod? Do I ask somebody, or do I build a makeshift one that will break after one use?

Gallant
2nd February 2012, 8:50 PM
That's one of the things you will have to see for yourself along the RP. There will be various different ways to get it! As for the use, once you get it you will keep it, it won't break, unless you decide it does if you see reason (like fishing something huge like a gyarados), you can make the rod break if you imagine the moment that way. There's no super, old or good rod, all rods in the RP are normal and can fish every kind of Pokémon that's available in the area.

*Kyurem*
2nd February 2012, 10:12 PM
Can Axew know (Perfect) Dragon Rage and have (Imperfect) Dual Chop instead of Scratch? Also, can I still be in Driftveil? I'm getting there a different way besides boat.

Gallant
2nd February 2012, 10:23 PM
Can I still be in Driftveil? I'm getting there a different way besides boat

I was reading your post, inovation is welcome, still be careful not to get away from the main theme. Most humans that first gone there have already came back, since the conditions on the island were really harsh. Also, the only "gate" to Fallar currently accessible is Lianea Beach. I gave you permission to introduce both NPC, but they can't venture with you in the island. Also about route 6, I'm not doing a description or list of catchable Pokémon since it's an area only you will visit, so keep wild battles out.

Regarding the attacks, I evaluated the situation and I believe that dragon rage would put you above other players. Therefore Axew's moveset will not change yet. Again remember you already can use all of his moveset, it's a question of becoming better doing so. So you can use Dragon rage or Dual Chop or any other, depending on the experience, number of times and ways you used it, post quality, it will be allowed and slowly perfect. Unrealistic use like always hiting, always working, too powerful attacks, will not be allowed, and that´s where you have to be careful. Not being in his moveset only means you have never used it. The first time you try, the attack will be added along with its "Skill level".

*Kyurem*
2nd February 2012, 10:29 PM
Yea, I was going to keep the battles out and about NPC's, in my next post, I'll have something odd happen to them to keep them from going with me. And what about Dual Chop and Dragon Rage?

Gallant
2nd February 2012, 10:37 PM
Great then, looking forward to see it happening! About the attacks I also answered in the previous post, after noticing you edited yours.

Squiddly Dee
2nd February 2012, 11:11 PM
Hey, Gallant, I have a few questions about the moves Bruce can know.

Can Bruce know Take Down, Dig, and Sunny Day?

I was thinking that Take Down wouldn't be that useful until he evolves, seeing as he's a very small Pokemon now. But, I would like him to know it now so he can get used to using it before evolution. For Dig and Sunny Day, you can decide how well he knows them.

Tyoyo3131
2nd February 2012, 11:26 PM
Oh wow. Am I the only one who understands this system?

Every single one of a pokemon's moves are able to be used, but they will most likely fail. They just don't have the power to use the attack. I would use Honei as an example, but all of her moves are perfect, as she only learns three.

Also, can you get up a Village based post, cause I want to keep exploring. Yay for maybe getting a pokemon that can do more then gust or bug bite!

*Kyurem*
2nd February 2012, 11:37 PM
Can I post as many times as I want to on the rp thread?

Gallant
2nd February 2012, 11:46 PM
Tyoyo3131 got it perfectly. I will update the village area in a second, and then going for a sleep, so new places only tomorrow!

I understand it may be kind of hard to get it since it's something quite different. Epic-Inferno imagine a battle as an example. You can tell bruce to use Heat Wave. The result would be a failure since it's too soon for him to get that kind of power. You are free to order him to perform any B/W natural moveset attack. Pokémon grow on battles and on daily events, like your relationship with them and how well you can understand their strengths and fears. The process of perfecting a move is using them in a battle, and even on the map if you think it can be used to get to another place, to clear an obstacle. It's obvious you can't just keep saying use ember on the grass days and days again, that would be a way of godmodding.

Since this system is being a bit hard to understand, I will update your Pokémon moveset to the entire B/W pokédex with the state (Unused).

*Kyurem* - You may, but remember quality over quantity. Also in name of a better balance between game characters, try to let other players post too before posting again.

To all players, be careful about small posts. I'm not being very harsh on that point since it's the beggining, but you'll need to work it up a little better. Not only because it's forum rules, but also because it will make the RP more deep and enjoyable.

Gallant
3rd February 2012, 12:08 AM
Lianea Village

Lianea Village is calm and quiet. It’s surrounded by a forest, with an open exit to the beach. Few people have stayed in the continent, and sometimes it’s possible to see someone dismounting their huts showing signs of leaving. The ones that stayed can be found inside their huts mostly discussing their experience in the island, getting ready for an expedition or just resting a bit. There’s no Pokémart to be seen, and no one seems to be doing business lately. It´s not possible to see wild Pokémon, not being used to the presence of humans probably got them away. Someone made a place where explorers can rest, and get not only themselves but their Pokémon healed. It may not be as fast as a PokéCenter but it will have to do. An old man stays at his hut’s entrance, holding what appear to be pieces of paper and some pens. You can try to talk to him, to an explorer and even to one of the scientists, still the last two are often busy and do not talk that much. To the east, beyond some forest trees, lies a big mountain, not named yet, as no one ventured there. The people from Lianea say that it’s impossible to climb the mountain from that side. To the west, going down a path between two cliffs, lies Lianea Beach, the only gateway to enter the continent known to humans. Sometimes it’s possible to hear the boat’s chimneys, probably sign of another boat leaving, considering so few arrive to leave people in the continent nowadays. To the north lies Dewist Forest, named by the first explores that went there. Why, they didn’t talked about it. It seems extremely thick, still light can pass through the treetops. The south exit will lead to Dewist Forest as well, but it seems less thick from its south side.

Exits:

- Dewist Forest (North)
- Dewist Forest (South)
- Lianea Beach (West)

Important places:

- Ben's hut
- "Pokécenter" hut

gmoyes
3rd February 2012, 12:26 AM
I'm probably the most experianced rper here so I have some tips for you guys:
Tyoyo, it's easier to rp if you do it in third person (Bob, his, they) as opposed to first person (I, my, me)
Kyurem, everytime a new person is speaking make a new line.
Have your post in a word document first. This way you can check your spelling and grammer easier.
As Gallant said, have better quality posts. Discribe stuff and display what your charicter is thinking. Think of a rp as a book that jumps perspectives all the time.
Think of it this way: post something you would like reading yourself.

I may have more tips later and I'll have my own post up soon.

Tyoyo3131
3rd February 2012, 12:29 AM
gmoyes, I know, yet 3rd person restricts me so much that my characters have little personality when in 3rd person.

Gallant
3rd February 2012, 11:19 AM
gmoyes, great initiative, it's very good to see players helping each other! That's a great attitude and can only help making the RP better. Your experience is well visible on your first post, and all players should take a look.

Everyone has their own proper way of writing, and that also makes this kind of thing interesting, but keeping a good structure in your posts is very important. Look at gmoyes suggestions and his own post, as well some other around the RP forum, to get a better idea.

Epic-Inferno be careful about the moveset. Dig is not in your natural moveset, read the gameplay section: "Pokémon know all the attacks they learn naturally from their birth". I'll look over it for now since as I said I understand the system is hard, but no more. When someone isn't sure about the usable attacks check the character info.

Infernape Rulez I could PM you about it, but I guess it's better to put it here, so everyone can see. Forum rules say that posts must have a minimum of 200 words. And we certainly don't want to keep it at the minimum here! So edit your post, and do not post short events. If anyone is busy and can't post something decent by that time, PM me with how soon you think you can do it.

*Kyurem*
3rd February 2012, 12:46 PM
If you don't mind, Gallant, could you create the area that is southward from Lianea Beach? I am going to be posting little while from now and I need to know the details about it. My character is going there.

Gallant
3rd February 2012, 1:24 PM
If you don't mind, Gallant, could you create the area that is southward from Lianea Beach? I am going to be posting little while from now and I need to know the details about it. My character is going there.

I noticed it, I read your post. The areas are already all created, I was waiting to see if everyone got to the island. I will give some more time, then I'll release it.

Tyoyo3131
3rd February 2012, 8:43 PM
rabidepicgoose, a few things about your post.

1) Like gmoyes said, run your post through a word program first. or at least proofread it.
2) I don't think you can just randomly obtain a fishing rod when Gallant has this entire thing planned out, and you most likely have to solve some puzzle or riddle to obtain one.
3) Pidgey don't appear at the moment. They're probably in the forest.

So, all in all, edit your post. And do some research before you post. gmoyes' post is an awesome example of one, and my first isn't horrible. actually, none of them are bad examples, so just read the posts.

rabidepicgoose
3rd February 2012, 9:04 PM
rabidepicgoose, a few things about your post.

1) Like gmoyes said, run your post through a word program first. or at least proofread it.
2) I don't think you can just randomly obtain a fishing rod when Gallant has this entire thing planned out, and you most likely have to solve some puzzle or riddle to obtain one.
3) Pidgey don't appear at the moment. They're probably in the forest.

So, all in all, edit your post. And do some research before you post. gmoyes' post is an awesome example of one, and my first isn't horrible. actually, none of them are bad examples, so just read the posts.

You must have read it badly, I conversed with someone to get the rod and I am currently in the forest. Also you should try to keep to yourself, Gallant will tell me if I need to fix it.

gmoyes
3rd February 2012, 11:25 PM
^ actually Tyoyo is right. (Thanks for the compliment) I these types of rps, in fact, all rps, the game master has say over all events. This means you post things and let the GM respond. Leave thing open so the Gallant says what happens. For example, leave thing with introducing yourself to an NPC or throwing a pokeball at a pokemon. The gm discides what happens next. Also your post could have been greatly expanded, discribe things such as the crowd of people on the boat, what your charicter is feeling, what the boat looks like and so on.

Look at my post for example. I could have simply said Alex said goodbye to Prof. Elm and his old pokemon and while walking to the boat, he called his parents to say that he was going to the new land. Is that what happened? Yes. Is that bland and uninteresting? Yes. Post something that you yourself would enjoy reading. Feel free to expand on anything you want.

One more thing I'd like to say is to keep things as realistic as you can in this context. Kyurem, do you really think Cynthia and Elesa would stop and help some random trainer? I'd say that's sort of like if the prime minister and the city mayor coming along and bringing a kid to whereever they were going. While yes, you said your charicter was friends with Elesa, why would she be travelling with the Sinnoh champion? What would be your charicter's reaction to meeting her: asking for her signiture, quickly shaking her hand or trying to pull his jaw out of the ground (or all of the above XD) I'm not asking you to change it, just that chances are, things like that wouldn't really happen.

Tyoyo, while you haven't posted much, I like what I see so far. I know you said you're not that good at third person, but it makes thing easier and less annoying. Maybe work on that and try to lenghten your posts a little. Other than that it looks good.

Inferno, I like your begining. Not everyone starts off by stealing something from a well reconized corperation lol. While this is a nice change up, again work on your discription. So far it looks like you're the most regular poster, though seeing as what you were doing didn't have mush impact on the other players or the GM you could have made that all one post.

Infernape, you didn't post much, I won't say much. I might give a bigger responce when you post next. I'm expecting that it won't be as rushed as your first post.

Rabid... wow were to begin? Start with me suggestion to put everything into a word document to check thing over. Also when a new person is speaking, make a new line. This one goes to Kyurem too. Anyway, things don't work that way in these types of rps. For example, your fisherman friend: give you a free rod just because he had a good time talking to you... do you really think that would work in real life? Go up to a cashier and have a good coversation with them so you can get stuff for free? Things don't work like that. Another thing, the GM says what happens. The GM is God here (or Arceus in this case lol) Nothing happens without them. If you want to do something or get something or ask something, send a message off to them. Not everything goes your way. In fact, things are more interesting if the don't. Gary/Mary Stu/Sues are the bane of every writer. Other than that, work on expanding. Your post deals with your charicter getting an important item, landing on the island and catching a new pokemon all in 14 lines. My post only takes my charicter from the pokemon lab to the boat yet is 3 times longer than your post. There is so much you could do with that.

*sighs* Very long post over. I hope I didn't offend anyone, I'm just trying to help. If you want help try looking at This. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=556186)
Fizzy Bubbles is a rping game that has been going on for years, yet works a lot like this one. Try learning from the posts there and if you guys have any questions, feel vfree to drop me a message. This is gmoyes, out.

Gallant
4th February 2012, 4:10 PM
Well, here we go:

First, playing this RPG will require time and dedication. It must be something you really enjoy doing. While writing for a new post, you have to be always aware of who your character is, and not who you really are, you must get caught in everything related to it. That’s why I bothered writing a whole description, so you all could fit into it the way you saw best. I’m saying this because of short posting. Not every post has to be perfect, we are humans after all, but there is something every post has to possess:

1- The post must always obey forum rules. Always, there is simply no escape here.
2- The post must also obey gameplay and the RPG own rules. I’ve seen things here that show these have not been read. There is also a rule when that happens – “Breaking the rules can result in instant ban or a warning depending on the issue.”.
3- Dedication, realism and humbleness are important. If I present you with a huge desert will you walk it all in a post? People don’t just walk in places they don’t know without noticing what’s around them. I could give a hundred cases here, but I expect you to have that kind of common sense when playing a game like this.

Regarding posts, I will enter someone’s story when they enter certain areas, trigger certain events or if they need me to. Since the beginning I’ve been evaluating every single post. They will be decisive in certain things, like battles, catching Pokémon, getting through certain events and obstacles. Not only the actual post where you describe these happenings, but the whole group of posts you have made since the beginning!

I was expecting to comment your posts only when they were more decisive and complex, but that won’t do since some people here are making serious mistakes. Therefore, to prevent it, you may only make a new post after I made a comment to the previous one. I will add this to the rules. Before talking about comments, I want to get another point cleared. Playing an RPG is also a process of learning. Some are more experienced, others less. The objective here is for everyone to have fun and get better in their RPG skills, as a GM watching evolution from post to post is really satisfying. I’ve been in a lot of RPG websites, and it’s not easy to get more experienced players to help us sometimes! We should learn, while keeping our own style. That’s my vision and the main reason why I believe attitudes like gmoyes and Tyoyo3131 are having are extremely positive and helpful. One thing is helping, another is to criticize without being constructive, with the only objective being to destroy. From what I read, from the two players above, I saw only a desire to help and to make the RPG work accordingly to the rules. That is hugely welcomed here. Still, I would like to ask them to keep from commenting rabidepicgoose’s posts from now on. He has the right not to like it, and since that’s his vision I will respect it if he follows the rules. Not following them will result in what we saw above. Rabidepicgoose, playing an RPG will require you being a rival or a friend, a winner sometimes, others the loser. My word in this RPG is final and while I’m here for discussion, I’ll not tolerate someone to challenge my authority here by losing or not having things their way. I thank you for defending my word, but both gmoyes and Tyoyo3131 were not challenging my authority. They gave their opinion, constructively, based in their experience and my rules. Think about it!

About RPG main comments (read the post above also, I've read it and gmoyes pointed out very significant things, so his words are "approved")

Tyoyo3131 - You got the system really well and that's great. I also had the opportunity to tell you I like the twist you gave to your character personality, and your sense of humor is also welcomed here. But you could explore it a lot better. There are so many ways to fill your posts. Don’t just walk one area to the other. Describe the way you feel, the way your character reacts to the world, explore possibilities with your character. I believe it’s a question of length. Create your own small events, take gmoye’s call to home as an example. Explore your character likes and dislikes, his personality (like you have already done). Your writing in first person is probably a reason why you can’t lengthen posts easily, a third person perspective will force you to describe not only things related to your character but also to the world around you. The most serious point is your second post. Forum rules state that a post must have a minimum of 200 words. I can’t ignore it. So edit your post as soon as you can. You cannot post again until doing so.

*Kyurem* - I gave Kyurem the permission to use Cynthia and Elesa, obviously with the necessary restrictions. I was curious to see the way you would put them into the story. You need to work better considering I gave you a special permission. Gmoyes has already stated the points I also think are more important. You need to keep it real and like I told you in the PM I sent you, don’t stray too far from the story and its own designs. You may post again, but remember quality over quantity. I prefer a great story in the two days’ time I gave everyone in the rules than ten short, low quality posts.

Epic-Inferno – I expected no less from you as I still remember your great SU. Also good quality posts. Try to lengthen them a little more, as I’m sure the result would be positive! The only problem is your having a hard time understanding the system. Spend some minutes in the gameplay section and read posts here in the discussion thread. I will not make you repeat the whole battle, since it was a good effort and as I’ve said countless times, I understand the concept is hard. Still, from now on, I expect everyone to understand it, so keep these mistakes out. You are free to post again.

Gmoyes – Your post is flawless, with that special touch that makes a reader want to know that happens next. Great effort. Looking forward to your next post. Also, as the GM, my thanks for your help, it’s nice to see your experience work not only in game, but also to help others. You are free to go on.

Infernape Rulez – I’ve already commented your case, so read that post. I have no PM about when you think to return. Therefore, the 2 days rule still applies. You cannot post again.

Rabidepicgoose – You have broken gameplay rules one after the other. Read them, PM me if you don’t understand them, read gmoyes comment. Structural errors, gameplay errors, the kind of things that really are not welcome here, since the rules are open for everyone to see. And the fishing rod matter was even discussed here with Tyoyo3131! Correct your post, and then we’ll see about it. As everyone else, you have 2 days. You cannot post again.

To everyone - I have already made the warning about word minimum, and the next will result in a PM to anyone who disobeys the rules, with ban possibility.

Tyoyo3131
4th February 2012, 7:09 PM
Yep. I'm still somewhat of a beginner at this, and I should probably tell you that I'm still not the best at description, but I still agree with you on that stuff. Either way, I lengthened my post, and found that I can add the accent in pokemon in MS Word. Plus, there's a handy little word count, so I'll be running my posts through there from now on, and maybe using the little theasaurus. Anyways, is this better? Plus I can't go on with out your help so.. yea.

gmoyes
4th February 2012, 8:20 PM
*bows* Thanks for your praise, Gallant. It feels good to be a pro at something XD. Glad to help. One of the reasons I'm good at writing is that I love reading. It also helps to have a good idea of your charicter. I based my charicter off of myself. In fact, in fact if you look at other roleplays I've been in, I'm always a older nerdy guy named Alex Morgan. Does that mean that I'm exactly the same in all my rps? No. Different factors of the world around him changes how he acts.

As I said before, look at other rps for help, I even gave you a link to a great one in my last post. You create your charicter, but also the world around them. While each charicter is their own main charicter in the story, take time to include everything that is happening to them. Have your charicter see something that reminds them of something from their past, such as my charicter seeing a Sharpedo and remembered his own. Don't just include the present in your post, remember the past and plan for the future.

Anyway, that's a good idea you have there Gallant, I'll be here to help. By the way, how do you plan on handling battles? Just one move per post or may I suggest pokemon anime style battling? We have our own league here on serebii which I'm part of. Here's a link if you want to check it out: PASBL. (http://pasbl.upnetwork.net/)

Anyways, I'll be around to help out. gmoyes, out.

*Kyurem*
4th February 2012, 9:11 PM
One more thing I'd like to say is to keep things as realistic as you can in this context. Kyurem, do you really think Cynthia and Elesa would stop and help some random trainer? I'd say that's sort of like if the prime minister and the city mayor coming along and bringing a kid to whereever they were going. While yes, you said your charicter was friends with Elesa, why would she be travelling with the Sinnoh champion? What would be your charicter's reaction to meeting her: asking for her signiture, quickly shaking her hand or trying to pull his jaw out of the ground (or all of the above XD) I'm not asking you to change it, just that chances are, things like that wouldn't really happen.

Acually there is a backstory that involves Gray's father and Elesa that will later be explained. Elesa is friends with Gray because of it. And Cynthia is also one of Elesa's friends, if you've seen in the springtime in Pokemon Black/White she is in Cynthia's villa, so I insisted they must know each other. I'm sorry if you got confused or something.

gmoyes
4th February 2012, 11:05 PM
And Cynthia is also one of Elesa's friends, if you've seen in the springtime in Pokemon Black/White she is in Cynthia's villa, so I insisted they must know each other.
Sorry about that, I didn't know that, but it brings up another good point. Don't expect the reader to know everything. You could have made a referance to it in their conversation. However, that doesn't mean you assume that the readers are idiots either.

Also in writing, it's ok to go beyond what is already in the games. In fact, sometimes it's even better that you don't go with game logic. For example, in real life it would be easy to imagine riding a water pokemon, even if it didn't have surf. However, don't do things that aren't logical. The only things that can defy physics are quantum physics and cartoons.

*Kyurem*
5th February 2012, 12:10 AM
Sorry about that, I didn't know that, but it brings up another good point. Don't expect the reader to know everything. You could have made a referance to it in their conversation. However, that doesn't mean you assume that the readers are idiots either.

Also in writing, it's ok to go beyond what is already in the games. In fact, sometimes it's even better that you don't go with game logic. For example, in real life it would be easy to imagine riding a water pokemon, even if it didn't have surf. However, don't do things that aren't logical. The only things that can defy physics are quantum physics and cartoons.

That's okay, I see your point. I'll make sure to try harder on my next posts. I'm sorry if they aren't too good, this is my first Rp.

Gallant
5th February 2012, 3:43 PM
*Kyurem* that's great, it's nice to see you are motivated to get better!

As for battles, I checked the website gmoyes posted and the system is really interesting. It also has a great amount of info about attack descriptions and other things, so players should check it out. One point I absolutely forgot, abilities. I will update the character info with your Pokémon ability. Everyone is free to post here or PM me with the ability they want to their first Pokémon. For other Pokémon you catch, abilities will be decided by factors like luck, Pokémon personality and of course, post quality.

About the way battles will work, I planned the RP with 3 types of different battles: wild normal battles, wild forced battles (this means you’ll have to fight, since Pokémon are aggressive in the area), and boss battles (Who knows, maybe a terrible giant Magikarp?). Also single and double battles are also present. We can’t forget about battles between players, those will also happen if both players and certain events take things that way.

Wild normal battles are yours to take. I will read the post, decide if you win or not, if you catch or not the Pokémon in case you want to, how your Pokémon grows in the process etc…Forced battles and boss battles will be harder and more intense, so I’ll play them with you, taking role of your opponent. In these cases, we’ll battle it out on a move at a time, obviously, keeping it dynamic, not “I use tackle”, “I dodge”. There are numerous battles working this way all over the Internet. About player versus player battles you’ll follow the same rules as for boss and forced battles, and you’ll have the power to decide together who wins. If by any reason the players can´t come to an agreement, I will decide who wins, or ultimately it may end in a draw.

There are also some places where you will not play areas like you do now. Some will require to be played room by room, step by step. When these come, I will tell you in their description, and I’ll enter the game again guiding you through every singularity.

Updates:

- South Lianea Beach is now released.
- Character info location has been updated.

Gallant
5th February 2012, 3:56 PM
South Lianea Beach:

Lianea Beach seems and endless place. As you walk, the waves don’t look so calm anymore, yet the sun keeps the same powerful bright. Miles and miles of golden sand spread along the horizon and the only thing that keeps the landscape different are the trees up in the cliffs, certainly from south Dewist forest. These rocky formations are too high to climb, and the waves seem to slowly erode them when the tide is high, making an approach risky because of falling rocks. The beach seems to get shorter as you progress forward, the big cliffs aren’t so farther away from the coast, and huge rocks come out of the water, suggesting the seafloor is rocky and dangerous to anything that tries to venture sailing there. As you come near to the south end of the area, the sound of the waves gets bigger. Following the sound, walking southeast, you see a river flowing calmly to the sea. You have now reached the mouth of one of Fallar’s watercourse, Pearl river. There are no signs of human presence in all this area, and Pokémon can be seen happily living their day. There’s no place to fish here, no way to get to deeper waters. Wingull flies around, and Krabby walks sideways in the wet sand, sometimes fighting among themselves for territory, or battling to keep shape and get better using their pincers. Shellder is found near the cliffs, when the distance to the water shortens, tongue hanging out of their shells. Farther away from the water, Dwebble hide their shells, at the shadows of the bigger cliffs. Pokémon here will not be aggressive unless bothered. The beach is huge, and you’ll need at least 2 posts to reach the south exit.

- Lianea Beach (North)
- Pearl River mouth (Southeast)

- Wingull (2)
- Krabby (3)
- Shellder (4)
- Dwebble (4)

*Kyurem*
5th February 2012, 3:58 PM
My Axew has Mold Breaker.

Gallant
5th February 2012, 4:26 PM
My Axew has Mold Breaker.

Right, already updated!

More Updates: (I will post the link to the post I'm talking about when I comment your posts)

- Gmoyes, you are free to go on your quest! Again, a very pleasant post to read. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14107621&postcount=12)
- Tyoyo3131 - You edited your last post, and I already posted the answer that allows you to go on. Feel free to post again! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14112604&postcount=13)
- Epic-Inferno, good quality and again perfectly structured post. Looking forward to see you lengthen them a bit. You may go on.(http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14112682&postcount=14)
- *Kyurem*, - I just finished all the thinking I needed to do, so I'm now going to present you with my conclusions. First, I’d like to congratulate you by your effort. You took advice from people here, and you dedicated some time doing your post while keeping loyal to your own style. The result is pretty good. Your post structure is fine, making it more enjoyable and easy to read. Good length, you escaped the mistake of rushing things, and described things quite well for someone’s first RPG experience. You also took what I said in the area description, about Pokémon behavior and how the place is. That’s extremely positive, since you adapted your character to the place. I will now point some things I thought of. Remember to keep things realistic. You just fought 3 different Pokémon in a row. That is already hard enough and even harder when it’s a Pokémon’s first battle in the RPG (your backstory may have battles or not, but despite that, I only began counting them in the RPG, otherwise everyone would be former Pokémon masters, with high level Pokémon). You managed to get around this point since dweeble fought with you to free himself of his attackers. Still, keep what I told you always in mind. Dwebble is 4 in rarity levels, in a 1-5 scale, so keep in mind you really need to work hard to get this kind of Pokémon. That doesn’t mean you should work less in a 2 rarity level, since the post will also determine the Pokémon personality, his ability etc… Also Pokémon won’t heal by just being in their Pokéball, so keep in mind both you and your Pokémon need to rest and recover from injuries and fatigue. I only allowed you to battle Dwebble because he had battled Krabby before, taking injuries in the process. The most serious point is the attacks you used. High level attacks will be harder to master, and only I will decide when you actually master them. Perfecting something is not doing it right for the first time. It takes time, repeating the process, using it in different occasions. Before perfecting a move, you’ll have to get a lot of skill using that move. From unused to unstable, unstable to stable, stable to perfect. I actually made these "skill levels" right now to help you understand, I may use them to give an idea where you’re at, but skill levels will be dynamic, not really bound to a static state. So slash is harder to use right now than dual chop, and you used it easily without pratice in your first battle. Dual chop as an example was correctly used. You tried but missed it, the second time it hit. I decided to allow it to hit, because of the post overall and will award you “skill points” for it. So, I want to ask you to edit your post about slash use. Doing a new move in a battle is already hard enough for a low level Pokémon, two is too much for now. And obviously take out the phrases about mastering them. In the overall, and seeing your post as a whole, and not as two single battles, you are allowed to capture Dwebble. But you may only post after editing what I told you. My decision was hard because as I told you, Dwebble is a hard Pokémon to get, and the factor that took the decision the way it went was your effort and dedication to perfect yourself and make a post that truly shows that. Keep up the good work! I will update all your character info as soon as I can. Need a bit of a rest after writing all this! *sighs* (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14112795&postcount=15)

gmoyes
5th February 2012, 10:31 PM
My guy's Cyndaquil has Blaze for a special ability, which reminds me, how are you going to handle Dream World special ablitities?

Tyoyo3131
5th February 2012, 10:57 PM
Honei is stuck with Honey Gather. Also, can I use her honey for... ahh... uses?

Gallant
5th February 2012, 10:59 PM
My guy's Cyndaquil has Blaze for a special ability, which reminds me, how are you going to handle Dream World special ablitities?

This way --> "That doesn’t mean you should work less in a 2 rarity level, since the post will also determine the Pokémon personality, his ability etc…" (copied from above)
It means when a post is considered worthy enough, the player will have the possibility to choose Pokémon ability, since by some reason you may not want dream world specials. This may also work with attacks and "skill level" the Pokémon possess.

I'll update your Pokémon ability right away.

Honei is stuck with Honey Gather. Also, can I use her honey for... ahh... uses?

Yes, actually you can. Some attacks and abilities will work in the world, and Honey Gather happens to be one of those. Honey Gather will not work on battle since honey won't come from the sky. In maps that have significant flora you are able to send your Pokémon gather materials for honey. By doing so, it will become unavailable by one post (the post after you send it gather honey). When it comes back you'll receive honey, that will heal you or your Pokémon when consumed. You may use it, sell it to NPC that want to buy it (I'll warn if they appear) or even sell it to other players. If you are unsure about the possibility of using the ability in a certain map PM me. I'll also update your info right away.

Squiddly Dee
5th February 2012, 11:05 PM
Okay, I'm sorry for all of my mistakes. I didn't understand things at first, but I understand them. I will try harder.

Gallant
5th February 2012, 11:19 PM
Okay, I'm sorry for all of my mistakes. I didn't understand things at first, but I understand them. I will try harder.

That's great. The way you're planning your story is already interesting, structuraly flawless and really imaginative, so I'm sure that making it better will make the overall awesome. Looking forward!

Squiddly Dee
5th February 2012, 11:21 PM
That's great. The way you're planning your story is already interesting, structuraly flawless and really imaginative, so I'm sure that making it better will make the overall awesome. Looking forward!

Thanks so much. :) Working with my character has been really fun. :)

Tyoyo3131
5th February 2012, 11:24 PM
-_- I made my post before you detailed all of this. I had Honei go run off and get some honey for the old man and such. I'll edit if I have to.

Gallant
5th February 2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks so much. :) Working with my character has been really fun. :)

Enjoy it, after all that's one of the big reasons why we are all here! Would you PM me or post here about the ability you wish your Pokémon to have?

Squiddly Dee
5th February 2012, 11:33 PM
Enjoy it, after all that's one of the big reasons why we are all here! Would you PM me or post here about the ability you wish your Pokémon to have?

I would like Bruce to have Flash Fire. I think it would make more sense, because Growlithe aren't exactly "intimidating". It would also help me plan more complicated strategies.

Gallant
5th February 2012, 11:35 PM
I would like Bruce to have Flash Fire. I think it would make more sense, because Growlithe aren't exactly "intimidating". It would also help me plan more complicated strategies.

I decided to give players the possibility to choose their first Pokémon ability as they saw fit. So flash fire it will be!

Updates:

Tyoyo3131 - Read this (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14106649&postcount=27) and tell me if you see something wrong in your latest post. We'll talk after you have done so, and you PM me about the matter. Also don't post without being sure of things. That will only make us both have to work more. You cannot post again. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14114400&postcount=16)
*Kyurem* - The battle thread has already been reviewed before, I sent you a PM and I trust you'll make the changes as soon as you can. Info updated. You may post again, after doing the changes in the PM. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14112795&postcount=15)

Tyoyo3131
5th February 2012, 11:58 PM
Read this (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...9&postcount=27) and tell me if you see something wrong in your latest post. We'll talk after you have done so, and you PM me about the matter. You cannot post again. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...0&postcount=16)

I was confused at this. I assume you mean length, so I just edited it anyways, making it longer and doing some other things. Mostly changing half of the entire post with a flash back.

Gallant
6th February 2012, 12:18 AM
I was confused at this. I assume you mean length, so I just edited it anyways, making it longer and doing some other things. Mostly changing half of the entire post with a flash back.

That is correct, your post had 196 words. What is simply breaking the rules, and much more serious after the warning I gave. This will count as the first warning, the next time such thing happens from you will result in an instant ban. About your post: I can't see effort from you to get better. You're rushing things, you're going from place A to B simply and directly, what is not positive in a RPG. Feelings, opinions, merging into the place and atmosphere around you is important! Your character is not a machine who doesn't think. What's his opinion about Lianea? About the man? What do he expects? You can explore so much more. I can't stop you from posting since now you're not breaking any rules. I'll answer you when I can. But my opinion is that you should edit it and show me you're into this. Remember that your sucess will be decided by your posts. Your choice. Wait for my answer before posting again.

Squiddly Dee
6th February 2012, 12:20 AM
Okay, I just posted, and I want to know if I improved. I considered your suggestions about length while writing it. Please give me some feedback. :) (I decided to end it off on a cliffhanger, mwahaha >: D)

Gallant
6th February 2012, 12:49 AM
Okay, I just posted, and I want to know if I improved. I considered your suggestions about length while writing it. Please give me some feedback. :) (I decided to end it off on a cliffhanger, mwahaha >: D)

Here's the final review for today: Structurally great, this post shows you haven't forgot who you're playing, you always keep in mind who you are in game; creative once more, with great writing and the length problem gone away like *puff*. You’ve even added a bit of humor, always welcome! You followed early advice, like merging two posts in one and the result is great. Cliffhangers are always welcome too, looking forward to see what you came up with! Dedication and effort are rewarded. So, after reading it my decisions are the following, with some future advice: You have now got 1 more Pokéball. Your post quality won you this. Still, keep in mind that we aren't lucky everyday (unfortunately), so keep realism close to you. Also if you want to travel to Pearl River mouth, do two different posts walking through Lianea South Beach since the last one worked sort like an intro. It will make things more realistic, since I really picture the beach to be something huge along the coast. You’re free to go on! Congratulations!

Squiddly Dee
6th February 2012, 12:51 AM
Here's the final review for today: Structurally great, this post shows you haven't forgot who you're playing, you always keep in mind who you are in game; creative once more, with great writing and the length problem gone away like *puff*. You’ve even added a bit of humor, always welcome! You followed early advice, like merging two posts in one and the result is great. Cliffhangers are always welcome too, looking forward to see what you came up with! Dedication and effort are rewarded. So, after reading it my decisions are the following, with some future advice: You have now got 1 more Pokéball. Your post quality won you this. Still, keep in mind that we aren't lucky everyday (unfortunately), so keep realism close to you. Also if you want to travel to Pearl River mouth, do two different posts walking through Lianea South Beach since the last one worked sort like an intro. It will make things more realistic, since I really picture the beach to be something huge along the coast. You’re free to go on! Congratulations!

Thank you for reviewing my post. :) I will be sure to continue doing all of these things in the future.

gmoyes
6th February 2012, 2:30 AM
Hey guys, here's a brief reading test. In my newest post, my charicter says something that bends the logic of pokemon. Say what it is, why it bends the logic, and what he could say instead so he doesn't break logic. Try to figure it out.

*Kyurem*
6th February 2012, 4:00 AM
Can you give us a hint?

Gallant
6th February 2012, 1:29 PM
Maybe this will help you (http://cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/108c236e-e60b-4e9d-9666-7cab4689b792.jpg) *laughts*.

Updates:

- Reviewed gmoyes newest post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14114885&postcount=18), and happy to say that I’ll answer you as soon as I can, playing the geologists. Be sure to pay attention to a point that probably escaped you: "and no one seems to be doing business lately." This meant in Lianea Village description that no traders are to be found yet. You mentioned shopkeepers in: "bargining with the shopkeepers". Nothing serious, so take it out when you edit your logic bender.

gmoyes
6th February 2012, 8:13 PM
*lols at comic* There's your hint guys.

Ok I'll edit it, I just guessed that there would still be a lot of people traveling to the island, so there would probably be something like that, but fine. But I'll keep the bent logic there until these guys figure out what wrong with it.

Kyurem, your last post was really great and I can see how much you've really improven. Though I have a small thing to say about Cynthia and Elesa. You'd think that two strong, well-known, hot (sorry had to put that there XD) trainers would attact a lot of attention. I can easily see Elesa being at the center of attention, due to her being a fashion model, and also Cynthia having a fair share of a crowd, due to that I think more people would know a champion more than a gym leader. Either way, I think it would be a little hard to pry them away from adoring fans. Just something for you to think about.

*Kyurem*
6th February 2012, 8:31 PM
Oh yeah, duh! Should've know... I'll think about that next time Elesa and/or Cynthia is in public. Thanks for the reminder!

Gallant
6th February 2012, 8:48 PM
*lols at comic* There's your hint guys.

Ok I'll edit it, I just guessed that there would still be a lot of people traveling to the island, so there would probably be something like that, but fine. But I'll keep the bent logic there until these guys figure out what wrong with it.

"Moved by curiosity, adventure, and some by greed, many humans traveled to the island to be the ones to find the fallen stars. But they didn’t last long. The lack of civilized buildings to heal their Pokémon and themselves, the roughness of the climate, and the untamed wilderness of the island proved too much. Only a small community stayed in one little village they created that they called Lianea, living in huts with an improvised Pokécenter, trying to support the ones that still dared to adventure the island." - As I wrote in the intro of the RPG, the island had only a small community left, since most have gone back to their homes for not being up to the challenge. I'll begin working on your answer as soon as I have reviewed Kyurem's post.

Update:

*Kyurem* - It is really nice to see the way you are improving. Again, my congratulations for your effort! All players know a bit more now about the way and criteria I use to review posts by reading past reviews, and again you gave your post real dedication, without rushing. Creative, realistic, structurally great. Not much related to the post, but to the way the game works I’ve got two things to say: Whenever you want to go to an area you have to go through all areas between them. What means that from South Lianea Beach, you would have to go through Lianea Beach. If you don’t want to get into a big event, like a battle, interaction with the world, talking with your Pokémon, you are allowed to make a smaller post (always following forum rules), the way you see the best. My intention is making the game more realistic and harder, since you’ll have to think your next step always very seriously. So this is my suggestion: Save your actual post, whole of it, from the moment you reach Lianea Village. Make something walking through Lianea Beach, starting from what you already have, and then after someone has posted (to escape double post), post the part you saved before. About the Rare Bone, you’ll keep it, because I decided to make a little surprise around it. And about the Xtransceiver, Elesa will have a little surprise. No telecommunications work on the island. Strange, huh? *evil laughter*

Tyoyo3131
6th February 2012, 9:09 PM
I edited my post last night, and I add some of Aeron's rather... disturbed and paranoid thoughts, along with some insight on a posibble reason why Honei and Aeron are good friends and such. * Hopes Gallant puts up the answer to my little quest involving the old man and such*

Gallant
6th February 2012, 9:43 PM
I edited my post last night, and I add some of Aeron's rather... disturbed and paranoid thoughts, along with some insight on a posibble reason why Honei and Aeron are good friends and such. * Hopes Gallant puts up the answer to my little quest involving the old man and such*

I see you did, and well done. Once again I can see you have the creativity to make something good. You keep things realistic also. That really makes me wonder why you don't use your abilities a bit more. I'm pretty convinced that if you did, the result would be great. Take Kyurem's example. His progress has been amazing. Check other posts. I think you need to improve on description, area description, feelings, thoughts. Structurally I've nothing to say, since you have not been in a dialogue or a battle yet, but I expect you to surprise me on that point also. I'll answer you as soon as I can. Wait for my answer.

*Kyurem*
6th February 2012, 10:17 PM
LOL about the communications thing, that will be interesting to see what happens when they can't communicate. I can't wait to see what will happen with Rare Bone, I guess I'll soon see! And I will make sure if I ever go through 2 areas again I will make it more realistic, It was just that I usually like to post one long one instead of a few short ones.

Tyoyo3131
6th February 2012, 10:23 PM
Structurally I've nothing to say, since you have not been in a dialogue or a battle yet, but I expect you to surprise me on that point also. I'll answer you as soon as I can. Wait for my answer.

Battle is bolded for a reason. Honei will be battling eventually, as soon as I get a very common pokemon that I don't need a rod for. If I do get a rod though, it will be a very boring battle against a certain red fish that only learns four moves.

Gallant
6th February 2012, 11:04 PM
LOL about the communications thing, that will be interesting to see what happens when they can't communicate. I can't wait to see what will happen with Rare Bone, I guess I'll soon see! And I will make sure if I ever go through 2 areas again I will make it more realistic, It was just that I usually like to post one long one instead of a few short ones.

And you've got my support doing so! It will make you have to think harder to play, more interesting and challenging, and work a lot of different ways, you'll soon see!

Battle is bolded for a reason. Honei will be battling eventually, as soon as I get a very common pokemon that I don't need a rod for. If I do get a rod though, it will be a very boring battle against a certain red fish that only learns four moves.

You probably didn't understand me right. I was just saying why I had nothing to stay structurally about your post. Your Pokémon battles when you decide, unless it's a forced battle (talked about them already) or boss battles. Don't feel pressed to battle, that's not the point.

Update:

Gmoyes, your answer is ready, feel free to post again!
Tyoyo3131, I will answer you next. Also will add honey x1 to your items. You weren't able to obtain a berry this time but I have to praise your "maybe" when you suggested the berry thing. Everyone should do the same, this way I can detect your idea, and talk to you about it.
To everyone:As members of the RPG, since the rules have already been broken, you have the right to know how things regarding the players that are not in game will work. Infernape Rulez time expires tomorrow, since he told me Sunday as an expected date and has not answered my PM since then. Rabidepicgoose hasn't answered the warning PM as well. Both players will be banned if I've got no answer tomorrow, and I'll open sign ups for the two empty spots, since the RPG is just beggining.

Tyoyo3131
6th February 2012, 11:34 PM
Yay! Also, what happens when Honei is out on a little honey quest and Aeron is attacked, but I have no other pokemon yet?

Gallant
6th February 2012, 11:40 PM
Yay! Also, what happens when Honei is out on a little honey quest and Aeron is attacked, but I have no other pokemon yet?

Would you go to a place where Pokémon are aggresive without your own to defend yourself? Things would get pretty ugly, only someone with no head at all would do that. You would be powerless so don't do anything that reckless.

Update:

- *Kyurem*, nothing to point out, keep going! I will answer you after answering Tyoyo3131!
- gmoyes, I noticed you posted while I was answering Tyoyo3131. I will see it tomorrow and answer after I made Kyurem's answer.
- Tyoyo3131, you have got your answer, and are free to post again.Work on it!

Squiddly Dee
7th February 2012, 1:27 AM
Okay, I just made another post. May I have feedback on it, please? :)

Tyoyo3131
7th February 2012, 1:49 AM
Posted! and as for you Epic, personally, I would be kicking those krabby in the face. HARD.

Squiddly Dee
7th February 2012, 1:57 AM
Posted! and as for you Epic, personally, I would be kicking those krabby in the face. HARD.

It'll be difficult because Wingull can't exactly battle at the moment, and Bruce is a fire type, but I'll take revenge somehow, don't worry. ;)

Tyoyo3131
7th February 2012, 1:59 AM
I don't mean the pokemon. I mean the human. Seriously. I can see this.

Lucas used Kick in the Face!
It's super effective!

Or if that doesn't work....

Lucas grabbed a Magikarp from the ocean!
Lucas used Fishslap!
It's Super Effective!

Squiddly Dee
7th February 2012, 2:00 AM
I don't mean the pokemon. I mean the human. Seriously. I can see this.

Lucas used Kick in the Face!
It's super effective!

Or if that doesn't work....

Lucas grabbed a Magikarp from the ocean!
Lucas used Fishslap!
It's Super Effective!

Oh my God.

Somehow, I am totally including that in the next post.

You're so amazing. <3 <3 <3

gmoyes
7th February 2012, 2:00 AM
Gallant's gone for the night but I'll be up for a little while longer.

You made a good job at showing the pain the Wingull was in and I liked that you added another dimention to your charicter. We've already seen the harsh thief side of Lucas but now we see the caring side of him. But then again, most people would pity the poor bird and try to help it, unless of course the were Cyrus or someone like that XD. Anyway, I really do feel sad for the little bird, which is a good thing. You are getting good at this. One thing I would like to say is that you probably don't have to wait for Gallant to approve the battle, as long as you keep it in reason. At least for a few rounds anyway.

*Lols at fishslap* Wow XD. Though it might not be realistic it certanly would be hillarious.

Squiddly Dee
7th February 2012, 2:03 AM
Gallant's gone for the night but I'll be up for a little while longer.

You made a good job at showing the pain the Wingull was in and I liked that you added another dimention to your charicter. We've already seen the harsh thief side of Lucas but now we see the caring side of him. But then again, most people would pity the poor bird and try to help it, unless of course the were Cyrus or someone like that XD. Anyway, I really do feel sad for the little bird, which is a good thing. You are getting good at this. One thing I would like to say is that you probably don't have to wait for Gallant to approve the battle, as long as you keep it in reason. At least for a few rounds anyway.

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I really feel like I'm getting better. Thanks a lot. :) It feels really good to be a rookie getting praised by a pro~

gmoyes
7th February 2012, 2:14 AM
Okay, thanks for the feedback. I really feel like I'm getting better. Thanks a lot. :) It feels really good to be a rookie getting praised by a pro~

*chuckles* Trust me, I'm no pro, just more experianced. My first time RPing was a long time ago on a completely different forum. The rules there were a lot more lax and a lot of the time the rping was only one line posts. Here I had to get used to the larger post size and still that was only over a year ago. There are definitly better rpers out there than me. Anyways praise goes both ways lol.

Gallant
7th February 2012, 5:34 PM
Update:

Well here we go again. I probably can't be here later today, so I'll try to do everything to allow everyone to keep going!

Epic-Inferno - Keep going, I'm really looking forward to the battle! The post is flawless once again, and like gmoyes said, you explore your character and his relation with Bruce in a very neat, complete way.
Tyoyo3131 - I've read your post, and it's better. You began paying more attention to the way your character felt, the way the world around affected you. My suggestion is try not to repeat my words that much. Read my latest answer post to Kyurem, and you'll probably understand it. I will answer you after I've finished gmoye's answer!
*Kyurem* - I've finished your answer! Feel free to go on!
To everyone - Infernape Rulez has PM me and by personal reasons can't play the game anymore. Therefore, I'm opening a new spot in the sign up. If you know somebody who would like to have some RPG action, tell them to take a look.

Squiddly Dee
8th February 2012, 1:44 AM
Update:

Well here we go again. I probably can't be here later today, so I'll try to do everything to allow everyone to keep going!

Epic-Inferno - Keep going, I'm really looking forward to the battle! The post is flawless once again, and like gmoyes said, you explore your character and his relation with Bruce in a very neat, complete way.
Tyoyo3131 - I've read your post, and it's better. You began paying more attention to the way your character felt, the way the world around affected you. My suggestion is try not to repeat my words that much. Read my latest answer post to Kyurem, and you'll probably understand it. I will answer you after I've finished gmoye's answer!
*Kyurem* - I've finished your answer! Feel free to go on!
To everyone - Infernape Rulez has PM me and by personal reasons can't play the game anymore. Therefore, I'm opening a new spot in the sign up. If you know somebody who would like to have some RPG action, tell them to take a look.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to do an extra-good job on the battle!

Also, there's someone I know who may be interested in signing up. I'll go tell him about the RP now.

gmoyes
8th February 2012, 2:22 AM
^ how about having them be a girl because all the players we have already are guys.

Anyway, still no one made a comment about how my charicter bent the logic. I might say it anyway later but I would still like to see some guesses.

*Kyurem*
8th February 2012, 3:29 AM
I really don't know what it is. I'm officially STUMPED!

Gallant
8th February 2012, 4:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to do an extra-good job on the battle!

Also, there's someone I know who may be interested in signing up. I'll go tell him about the RP now.

That's awesome! Thanks!

^ how about having them be a girl because all the players we have already are guys.

A good point.

I really don't know what it is. I'm officially STUMPED!

Hahah, check the hint I gave before, and read gmoyes post again.

Updates:

- I updated the discussion thread with a new section: special abilities and attacks. This section will be filled when you discover an ability or attack that work on the world map in a different, new way. Honey gather was found out by Tyoyo3131, and is already on the section. Also, I already gave a hint about another one of these abilities on a post, and I will give another soon. Keep your minds sharp!
- Gmoyes, your answer is finally ready, feel free to post again! I'll update your character info with the new items you've adquired. Also, only the lantern would be normally given out. I've awarded you with more items as an award for your great posts since the beggining. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14119120&postcount=22
- *Kyurem*, I finished your answer. Keep up the good work! Feel free to post again. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14122736&postcount=27
- Tyoyo3131, your answer is ready, feel free to go on! Remember to follow the tips I gave you, it will make your job easier and the story more enjoyable for any who read. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14119713&postcount=25

Tyoyo3131
8th February 2012, 10:55 PM
Just posted. and after seeing your newest post Gallant, the next ability is pickup, with Marillin having this ability. I feel like I will be finding most of these.

Also,Gmoyes, I don't think the whole titanic event actually happened in the pokemon world.

Gallant
8th February 2012, 11:07 PM
Just posted. and after seeing your newest post Gallant, the next ability is pickup, with Marillin having this ability. I feel like I will be finding most of these.

I'll read your post next, make the review and if needed, the answer. That's correct, Marilin has pickup, and that's another ability that will work in a special way. I'll add it to the abilities section. Nice one! I forgot to mention it, next time PM me about it, it will be interesting to see who's paying attention to the whole story!

Squiddly Dee
8th February 2012, 11:08 PM
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I haven't been posting in a while. I've been very busy, but I hope to post later tonight. (It's 5:00 PM where I live)

rabidepicgoose
8th February 2012, 11:28 PM
Ok so I edited my post please read it.

Tyoyo3131
8th February 2012, 11:36 PM
Only two problems, and they really arn't problems at all.

1- You don't need to put in your items. Thats what this thread is for.
2- Instead of God, maybe Arceus would be better, as that seems to be the main religion there.

So yay! you fixed your post, the only problems being my personal preferences! Yay!

Also Gallant, I should've PM'd you about that. Next time I will, just to see if anybody else knows.

rabidepicgoose
8th February 2012, 11:54 PM
Oh sorry, I'm not an arceist.

gmoyes
9th February 2012, 12:13 AM
Also,Gmoyes, I don't think the whole titanic event actually happened in the pokemon world.

*Ding ding ding* Correct! Because our own world and the pokemon world are so different, their histories are going to be a lot different. The odds of the exact same thing happening in the pokemon are pretty close to zero. Now think about something that my charicter would say instead of the Titanic.

Rabid, I saw your edited post and while a little on the short side, it is a big improvement on your first one. I don't think you need my offer now, but you might want to post more regularly.

Here's another challange for you guys, this time it's about scientific facts. While some pokemon powers might seem magical, there is a sort of science behind it. My charicter did this by comparing the different types of Magnemite. While you don't have to do as mush, I don't want a copy and pasted pokedex entry. So my new challange is that in your new post is to make a scientific remark about a pokemon that most people wouldn't know.

Tyoyo3131
9th February 2012, 12:18 AM
Here's another challange for you guys, this time it's about scientific facts. While some pokemon powers might seem magical, there is a sort of science behind it. My charicter did this by comparing the different types of Magnemite. While you don't have to do as mush, I don't want a copy and pasted pokedex entry. So my new challange is that in your new post is to make a scientific remark about a pokemon that most people wouldn't know.

Challenge accepted.

Squiddly Dee
9th February 2012, 2:41 AM
Okay, I just posted. May I have feedback, please?

Also, a few notes on Rico's (Wingull's) personality: Rico is quite young, and he is generally a very happe, carefree Pokemon. He is highly curious, but he is also quite naive.

rabidepicgoose
9th February 2012, 1:06 PM
Well gallant has to tell you it is ok to have a second pokemon.

Tyoyo3131
9th February 2012, 8:16 PM
Actually, he left his post at the ball rolling. considering that his post was pretty freaking awesome and wingull is somewhat common in that area, Inferno has a good chance of catching Rico. Good luck with that.

Gallant
9th February 2012, 9:37 PM
Here we go, it's

Update time:

rabidepicgoose - Your edited first post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14102449&postcount=11) is better than the original first one, but there’s still much to improve. I’m going to tell you several things I believe to be very important for you to play this game without being constantly warned. First, I need you to read every post in this discussion thread. Why? Because when you end, you’ll have a much better idea about how the RPG works, and about important rules. Your latest post breaks a golden rule, you would know that if you actually read things. Therefore, this is your first warning. The second will result in an instant ban. Also, you can only post again after I’ve reviewed your latest post. You ignored this too, I won’t ignore rule breaking. I believe that we should give a chance to everyone, and that’s the main reason why you are still in this RPG, but these problems I’ve pointed are easy to understand to anyone who reads the rules, both RPG and forum rules. So edit your latest post, and after that I’ll comment about your progress, tips to get better etc…Read the other players posts, try to learn something, and check the main RPG thread, where I have the RPG rules and how the gameplay works.

gmoyes – Once again, extremely neat, complete, very intelligent and interesting to read. Your challenge to the players will also make the RPG better, I'm looking forward to see it happen! I also personally liked the way you made your question about the lantern use inside the story, like I said, very intelligent. I know the “uses” thing is not very accurate since batteries won’t run dry only when the lantern is on, but it was the best way I found to give a chance of some strategic thinking to the players. So, I’ll count an use everytime you activate it, and I’ll count with your own common sense to keep it realistic. I will update the forest if not today, tomorrow first thing in the morning. Feel free to post, once I “release” Dewist Forest. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14127932&postcount=32)

*Kyurem* - Keep up the good work. Just help me in one thing that has confused me. Is the trainer you found gmoyes character or a regular NPC? (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14128212&postcount=34)

Epic-Inferno - I actually read your post twice, it was addictive to imagine the whole battle in a real anime show. It’s flawless, I mean amazing structure, great writing and description, you’ve made an amazing job. It keeps the reader focused in the story, and that’s only possible with the complete and detailed description you provide, and of course, by your imagination and creative writing talent. And talent produces great things when dedication is an ally. You also kept in mind the RPG mechanics and how things regarding your moveset worked, nice job. I can only wish you keep doing your great work! It was very nice to spend 15 minutes of my night reading your post, and I believe everyone here will share my reaction. Congratulations! You’ve now captured Wingull, and due to your post are able to choose his ability, and one move from the egg move/move tutors list. Check serebii Pokédex to help you decide. Also check the character info soon, I will update it with your moves and their state of evolution. About his personality, nice initiative. It looks realistic and you’ve sure deserved it, so it will also apply. Feel free to go on, and give your character and Pokémon some well deserved rest! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14128788&postcount=35)

Squiddly Dee
9th February 2012, 9:59 PM
Umm, Gallant, if you wouldn't mind, would you review mine, as well? You haven't expressed an opinion on it yet.

Gallant
9th February 2012, 10:02 PM
I'm editing one by one, that's why I haven't reviewed yours yet. I really wanna read your post with the biggest attention, gonna do it right now!

Squiddly Dee
9th February 2012, 10:05 PM
I'm editing one by one, that's why I haven't reviewed yours yet. I really wanna read your post with the biggest attention, gonna do it right now!

Okay, sorry if I bothered you then. It took me about 2 hours to write that post. I hope it's worth it!

Gallant
9th February 2012, 10:29 PM
Check the review in the other post. Again, great job Epic!

rabidepicgoose
9th February 2012, 10:33 PM
Here we go, it's

Update time:

rabidepicgoose - Your edited first post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14102449&postcount=11) is better than the original first one, but there’s still much to improve. I’m going to tell you several things I believe to be very important for you to play this game without being constantly warned. First, I need you to read every post in this discussion thread. Why? Because when you end, you’ll have a much better idea about how the RPG works, and about important rules. Your latest post breaks a golden rule, you would know that if you actually read things. Therefore, this is your first warning. The second will result in an instant ban. Also, you can only post again after I’ve reviewed your latest post. You ignored this too, I won’t ignore rule breaking. I believe that we should give a chance to everyone, and that’s the main reason why you are still in this RPG, but these problems I’ve pointed are easy to understand to anyone who reads the rules, both RPG and forum rules. So edit your latest post, and after that I’ll comment about your progress, tips to get better etc…Read the other players posts, try to learn something, and check the main RPG thread, where I have the RPG rules and how the gameplay works.

gmoyes – Once again, extremely neat, complete, very intelligent and interesting to read. Your challenge to the players will also make the RPG better, I'm looking forward to see it happen! I also personally liked the way you made your question about the lantern use inside the story, like I said, very intelligent. I know the “uses” thing is not very accurate since batteries won’t run dry only when the lantern is on, but it was the best way I found to give a chance of some strategic thinking to the players. So, I’ll count an use everytime you activate it, and I’ll count with your own common sense to keep it realistic. I will update the forest if not today, tomorrow first thing in the morning. Feel free to post, once I “release” Dewist Forest. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14127932&postcount=32)

*Kyurem* - Keep up the good work. Just help me in one thing that has confused me. Is the trainer you found gmoyes character or a regular NPC? (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14128212&postcount=34)

Epic-Inferno - I actually read your post twice, it was addictive to imagine the whole battle in a real anime show. It’s flawless, I mean amazing structure, great writing and description, you’ve made an amazing job. It keeps the reader focused in the story, and that’s only possible with the complete and detailed description you provide, and of course, by your imagination and creative writing talent. And talent produces great things when dedication is an ally. You also kept in mind the RPG mechanics and how things regarding your moveset worked, nice job. I can only wish you keep doing your great work! It was very nice to spend 15 minutes of my night reading your post, and I believe everyone here will share my reaction. Congratulations! You’ve now captured Wingull, and due to your post are able to choose his ability, and one move from the egg move/move tutors list. Check serebii Pokédex to help you decide. Also check the character info soon, I will update it with your moves and their state of evolution. About his personality, nice initiative. It looks realistic and you’ve sure deserved it, so it will also apply. Feel free to go on, and give your character and Pokémon some well deserved rest! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14128788&postcount=35)

Could you please tell me which golden rule I broke because as far as I know I have not broken any, exept for posting again

Squiddly Dee
9th February 2012, 10:34 PM
Thank you. :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm very proud of it.

I've decided that Rico's ability will be Rain Dish, just because it makes more sense. (He has a bad eye, you'll understand what that means in the next post) He has one egg move, Mist. I would choose a different move, but Mist will help me execute better strategies. ;)

rabidepicgoose
9th February 2012, 10:44 PM
Am I able to catch a Spinirak on the fishing boat to Fallar?

Also is my post alright now?
Did I break any more rules?
Which rule did I break in the first place?
Was it the spinirak, or posting again?

Tyoyo3131
9th February 2012, 11:11 PM

Nope. that should answer all of your questions.

Also Gallant, you haven't post a review on my newest post.

*Kyurem*
10th February 2012, 1:49 AM
*Kyurem* - Keep up the good work. Just help me in one thing that has confused me. Is the trainer you found gmoyes character or a regular NPC?

Yea, it is gmoyes. Am I allowed to do what I said I would do in the post?

Gallant
10th February 2012, 1:26 PM
Yea, it is gmoyes. Am I allowed to do what I said I would do in the post?

Yes you are, if he agrees. Talk between you how the battle will unfold.

Thank you. :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm very proud of it.

I've decided that Rico's ability will be Rain Dish, just because it makes more sense. (He has a bad eye, you'll understand what that means in the next post) He has one egg move, Mist. I would choose a different move, but Mist will help me execute better strategies. ;)

I'll update the info right now! EDIT: While editing your character info, I noticed mist is already on wingull's natural moveset. Do you want to choose another egg move or keep mist?

Nope. that should answer all of your questions.

Also Gallant, you haven't post a review on my newest post.

I know, I haven't done so yet because I needed to answer you.

EDIT:

Even though your post is small, your description is better. I enjoyed reading it, since it gives a different detail to the story. Your answer is ready, so feel free to go on! Keep it up and don’t hesitate on writing a bit more. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14127675&postcount=31)

Also is my post alright now?
Did I break any more rules?
Which rule did I break in the first place?
Was it the spinirak, or posting again?

If you read what I told you to, you would know your answers. "Your latest post breaks a golden rule, you would know that if you actually read things. Therefore, this is your first warning. The second will result in an instant ban." Your latest post has been erased (I would like to know why), and it had exactly 195 words.

Gallant
10th February 2012, 4:06 PM
North Dewist Forest

Dewist Forest is a quiet calm place, but it seems to get slowly noisier as you delve deeper into it. As the distance between you and Lianea Village to the south gets bigger, the forest seems more alive. Green, fresh looking grass covers the floor, and you feel an earthly smell on the air. It’s possible to hear Pokémon cries, small hasty steps are audible, and sometimes branches move due to something standing on them, that quickly disappears when you look. The forest looks really humid, and leaves move when small dew drops fall to the grass. There is a small clearing in the forest, where you can rest, no Pokémon are aggressive here, so they won’t attack unless bothered. Caterpie and Weedle can be seen eating grass or any other vegetation and lots of Kakuna and Metapod hang from the trees by a small string. Butterfree and Beedrill fly around, watching closely their non-evolved forms. Some are bigger than a normal sized one would be, and fierce in battle, so be ready for a hard challenge if you decide to attack them. Pidgey can be seen hiding in the taller grass or in a treetop. They will fly away if they notice danger, so you’ll need a different approach than a normal battle challenge. Seedot hang from some trees, using their acorn form to escape detection. In spots where the sun light is stronger, Budew and Oddish can be seen, enjoying the heat of the sun. Pansage moves quickly from treetop to treetop, and it’s very hard to see them. To the west, the forest will end in a huge cliff that reveals the sea below it. To the east, you’ll find a huge mountain, too high to climb from that side. As you progress north through Dewist Forest, you notice it gets thicker. The underbrush gets slowly bigger and it becomes really hard to find a path to walk. Trees are bigger and it’s harder to find a way to progress in all that vegetation. The sunlight doesn’t find the forest floor so often, and even on daytime the forest grows slowly darker. At your feet, a strange mist begins to take form. Murkrow appears in the branches and their cries are chilling acting as a warning to any who venture forth unprepared. To the north lies Deep Dewist Forest. You’ll need two posts through North Dewist Forest to get there.

- Lianea Village (South)
- Deep Dewist Forest (North)

Important places:

- Forest Clearing

- Caterpie (1)
- Weedle (1)
- Metapod (2)
- Kakuna (2)
- Seedot (3)
- Pidgey (3)
- Budew (3)
- Oddish (3)
- Murkrow (4)
- Butterfree (4)
- Beedrill (4)
- Pansage (5)

Squiddly Dee
10th February 2012, 9:28 PM
Okay, sory about the Mist thing. I'll take Twister instead.

Gallant
10th February 2012, 9:36 PM
All right! Edited!

gmoyes
10th February 2012, 9:59 PM
Hey Kyurem, I'm taking your challange but I have to say a few things about your post. You may need to learn to read other's posts more closely.

First of all, Alex met with the other scientists inside the main building of the town, and the other scientist scattered before Alex left. So you wouldn't have seen them together. Anyway, what would identify Alex as a trainer? He didn't have any pokemon out and he keeps his pokeballs in his pocket/backpack. In fact, what would set him apart from the scientists, because technically, he is one himself. Also his Cyndaquil didn't actually climb down his back, Alex was just remembering it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to battling you, this being the first player vs player battle and my charicter's first battle.

Gallant
10th February 2012, 11:46 PM
Hey Kyurem, I'm taking your challange but I have to say a few things about your post. You may need to learn to read other's posts more closely.

First of all, Alex met with the other scientists inside the main building of the town, and the other scientist scattered before Alex left. So you wouldn't have seen them together. Anyway, what would identify Alex as a trainer? He didn't have any pokemon out and he keeps his pokeballs in his pocket/backpack. In fact, what would set him apart from the scientists, because technically, he is one himself. Also his Cyndaquil didn't actually climb down his back, Alex was just remembering it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to battling you, this being the first player vs player battle and my charicter's first battle.

*Kyurem* - the reasons gmoyes presented are the ones that motivated my confusion. I'm really looking forward for your battle. Next time, challenge someone by PM first, PM me about your intention and write about it only after. It's not only better for the post itself but also for the relations between players.

Decide the rules of battle between you, just remember to keep it fair, and always give the other player a chance to answer. Be very careful about bunnying and godmodding here, this warning is obviousbly for both sides. Good luck to both of you!

*Kyurem*
11th February 2012, 3:21 AM
Ok, I'm sorry about the confusion gmoyes (Still a noob at this)! I look forward to the battle!

rabidepicgoose
11th February 2012, 3:46 PM
Yes you are, if he agrees. Talk between you how the battle will unfold.

I'll update the info right now! EDIT: While editing your character info, I noticed mist is already on wingull's natural moveset. Do you want to choose another egg move or keep mist?

I know, I haven't done so yet because I needed to answer you.

EDIT:

Even though your post is small, your description is better. I enjoyed reading it, since it gives a different detail to the story. Your answer is ready, so feel free to go on! Keep it up and don’t hesitate on writing a bit more. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14127675&postcount=31)

If you read what I told you to, you would know your answers. "Your latest post breaks a golden rule, you would know that if you actually read things. Therefore, this is your first warning. The second will result in an instant ban." Your latest post has been erased (I would like to know why), and it had exactly 195 words.

I thought you didnt like it, so I put part of it into my first post. Am I permitted to post again now?

Gallant
11th February 2012, 6:12 PM
I thought you didnt like it, so I put part of it into my first post. Am I permitted to post again now?

Don't take what I say to a question of liking or not, they are rules and must be followed in order to protect the RPG positive experience. You can post again, remember to take all the things we've said around here into your post. Good luck!

Also, edit your last post and erase this part, since everything is already sorted out, it's not needed.:" Edit- Please tell me what rules I have broken, I read the entire discussion thread and the rules. PLEASE "

Squiddly Dee
11th February 2012, 8:05 PM
I posted again, and it's another long one (958 words). May I have feedback on it, please?

Gallant
11th February 2012, 8:11 PM
Updates:

Tyoyo3131 - I read your recent post and there are some things that don’t sound right, according to what I said in area description and even to Pokémon’s own nature:

First, Pokémon are not aggressive in this part of the forest. If you read what I wrote, you’ll see that most Pokémon run away from people if they see them. So Seedot would never attack you and less bind you. Like I said they try to use their acorn form in a way of camouflage in the forest, they do not want to be seen.

Also, Honei could gust the Weedles, alright, but not a Beedrill. Honei hasn’t even battled yet so she isn’t very experienced. The gust attack could send the Beedrill away, but according to Pokémon logic, they are extremely fast and aggressive. They would come back for a battle, and I warned in the post that it would be a fierce one. Beedrill often attack in a swarm, and even if this one attacked by itself I don’t think you can beat one of those just yet, not with a single gust attack.

Because of the reasons I presented, I consider your post to miss realism and logic points. It is better on description and the writing itself isn’t bad but Seedot will not be caught. The pokéball will disappear and you’ll have to create a new post, since the last one is a major happening on the story. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14137300&postcount=36)

gmoyes - Everything is in its place again. You can advance. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14138908&postcount=37)

*Kyurem* - Feel free to go on. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14139603&postcount=38)

Epic-Inferno - Once again, a great post in all the ways we’ve talked before. Congratulations! Feel free to answer again since the old man made you a question, but remember I’ll play him. Keep up the good work! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14139788&postcount=39)

Squiddly Dee
11th February 2012, 8:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Gallant! :)

Now, I have a question that anyone can answer. I would like it answered as soon as possible, though, as it is rather important.

Do you guys think I'm portraying Bruce and Lucas's relationship well? I feel like it's very important for me to emphasize on how these two act around each other, and how they feel about each other, so I'd like to know if I am doing a good job at doing that.

Tyoyo3131
11th February 2012, 9:26 PM
By new post, do you mean I delete that one and start anew, or just create a new post entirely? I already have a way to make all of the problems better.

Gallant
11th February 2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Gallant! :)

Now, I have a question that anyone can answer. I would like it answered as soon as possible, though, as it is rather important.

Do you guys think I'm portraying Bruce and Lucas's relationship well? I feel like it's very important for me to emphasize on how these two act around each other, and how they feel about each other, so I'd like to know if I am doing a good job at doing that.

I actually told you that in one of my past reviews. I believe you do so very well, always keeping loyal to your SU. Also it's fine to see something other than the obvious normal relationship. You two are great friends, but not always share the same opinion.

By new post, do you mean I delete that one and start anew, or just create a new post entirely? I already have a way to make all of the problems better.

Create a new one, and leave the reviewed one untouched.

Squiddly Dee
11th February 2012, 10:38 PM
I actually told you that in one of my past reviews. I believe you do so very well, always keeping loyal to your SU. Also it's fine to see something other than the obvious normal relationship. You two are great friends, but not always share the same opinion.

Thank you. :) I just wanted to make sure that I was doing a good job at that.

Tyoyo3131
11th February 2012, 10:47 PM
Acting like the one wasn't even there?

Gallant
11th February 2012, 10:54 PM
Acting like the one wasn't even there?

I leave that to your choice. You can choose a path to follow once the Pokémon breaks free, or ignore the other one. I won't let you erase it because I need to keep track of items, and it is an important event.

Tyoyo3131
12th February 2012, 5:01 PM
K. I'll be just ignoring it then.

rabidepicgoose
12th February 2012, 10:30 PM
I am quitting the RP because I think the plot is too narrow.
I think there is way too much structure. -Sorry

Squiddly Dee
13th February 2012, 12:04 AM

We'll miss you!

Gallant
13th February 2012, 8:06 PM

That’s your decision and I respect it. I have a different opinion about why you’re quitting but it won’t bring any good to the RPG. Maybe we will meet other time, good luck for you in whatever you decide to do.

Updates:

gmoyes - everything is fine again, now to wait for Kyurem's answer. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14143660&postcount=40)
Tyoyo3131 - It's better, and enough to catch seedot since he isn't one of the rarer Pokémon, and it's your first catch. In future battles you will have to lengthen your posts a bit more, and be careful about the battle itself. In this battle Seedot attacked you once, and he fainted after 2 attacks from Honei. Still, my congratulations, I will update all the info in seconds. You’re free to keep going, remember to tell me if you want to nickname your Pokémon, and remember Seedot should have a personality like you first described in your post. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14144400&postcount=41)

Tyoyo3131
13th February 2012, 8:33 PM
1)He didn't faint. He was weakened. Thought I might as well tell you that.
2) Yep, they will be longer.
3) Still debating what the nickname should be...
4/EDIT) Female? Great, Honei has a gal pal. If they start gossiping I'm gonna cry.

Squiddly Dee
13th February 2012, 10:37 PM
Say, I'm a tad confused. Since Ben just showed up, should I wait for you to make a post from his POV before posting again?

Gallant
14th February 2012, 10:10 PM
Say, I'm a tad confused. Since Ben just showed up, should I wait for you to make a post from his POV before posting again?

Since you ended your last post with Ben asking you a question, write your own answer. After that I will reply to whatever you post. Understood?

Tyoyo3131 - Pokémon gender is decided simply by throwing a coin to the air when the rate is 50/50. That's why it's a female.

Everyone - I will PM Kyurem since he has not posted for a while.

Tyoyo3131
14th February 2012, 10:47 PM
Ok then. I don't want to post twice in a row, so I'll wait for epic's post.

Squiddly Dee
14th February 2012, 10:51 PM
Since you ended your last post with Ben asking you a question, write your own answer. After that I will reply to whatever you post. Understood?

Tyoyo3131 - Pokémon gender is decided simply by throwing a coin to the air when the rate is 50/50. That's why it's a female.

Everyone - I will PM Kyurem since he has not posted for a while.

Okay. I'm afraid I won't be able to post now (even though I'm due for a post) because I have to go to karate soon, but I'll post in a few hours. If I can't, I will post tomorrow FOR SURE. I'm sorry, I've just been really busy. :(

*Kyurem*
14th February 2012, 11:28 PM
Started off my probably epic battle against gmoyes! Dwebble VS. Cyndaquil

gmoyes
15th February 2012, 12:40 AM
Started off my probably epic battle against gmoyes! Dwebble VS. Cyndaquil

And while it is a good start to the battle, there are a few errors. You should have left it off with the rock blast going everywhere, while my charicter make orders to counter the attack like dodge or protect himself. Then I set my own attack on your guy. Also, you kind of controlled my charicter's reaction to the attack. Also, never use exclamation marks while narrating, only during speech. What you do is use exciting discription instead. Also, if you need to fill up the word count, discribe how your pokemon gathers up the energy for the attack and what the attack looks like. Anyway, I'll make my post after you fix up these errors.

Squiddly Dee
15th February 2012, 2:11 AM
I posted again. I know that it's short and I'm sorry, it's just that I need an "Answer" post from Gallant to be able to do much more. But, I still made sure to make it over 200 words. I'd like feedback, please, even though it definitely isn't one of my better posts.

Gallant
16th February 2012, 12:34 PM
Updates:

- *Kyurem* - You'll have to be careful about what gmoyes pointed out. You order the attack, but your opponent has the decision if it hits, if he counters etc... That's why I told everyone to be careful about godmodding and bunnying in battles. No one can escape forever, no Pokémon can take hits forever. If you have some questions about how battles unfold, feel free to PM me. I remember you said it was your first RPG battle, so I understand these kind of things may happen. Besides that, your post is good, keep it up! Feel free to go on with your fierce battle! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14155101&postcount=42)
- Epic-Inferno - Not every post can be amazing, and even if as GM I would like them to be, I understand that it isn't possible. Besides, your post is good, it's indeed small, but the situation itself like you said, requires it to be. It obeys to every criteria I decided necessary to evaluate posts, so nothing to say! Hopefully I will answer you today. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14155764&postcount=43)
- gmoyes - Really looking forward to see the battle continue, again flawless. My thanks for pointing out the problems to Kyurem, good job. I hadn't reviewed his post yet, and you made the RPG go faster and better. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14158629&postcount=44)

I will change RPG rules about how often you have to post, since my holidays are over. I also concluded by the way the RPG is going, that sometimes it's a little hard to obey that rule. From now on, you have 3 days instead of 2 to post at least once.

gmoyes
17th February 2012, 1:55 PM
Kyurem, a couple things about your newest post. First of all, you said all the shards of rock hit my guy's Cyndaquil. If they went everywhere, that couldn't be true could it? Not to mention, he did block a few rocks with his defence curl. Also, I don't think a sand attack would be strong enough to stop an ember. Sand attack isn't really an attacking move, it's pretty much used to kick dirt into the opponents eyes to blind them. It still might weaken the attack but it doesn't have enough power to completely stop it. Using the sand attack in the ground is a little odd, but I'm predicting a sandstorm ;).

Squiddly Dee
18th February 2012, 12:55 AM
I posted again, and feedback would be appreciated. :)

Gallant
18th February 2012, 4:53 PM
Hey everyone, hope you're all doing fine, it's time to

Updates:

*Kyurem* - Be careful about the way the battle works. Before editing, you said ember was doused, and it's your word that counts. When gmoyes said Rock Blast was partially blocked by defense curl he has the final word there. The realism of the situation and effectiveness of each attack will be important factors if you can't decide who wins, and I have to be the judge. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14162305&postcount=45)

Tyoyo3131 – Your best post at the moment, a great effort. It’s imaginative, well written, more detailed and you advanced important data on your new Pokémon personality that will be useful in the future. Congratulations. I hope you keep up the good work. You character has advanced to Deep Dewist Forest, that will join the available locations section. You are free to post again. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14164166&postcount=47)

Epic-Inferno – Again very enjoyable to read, congratulations, it’s amazing to see you never get tired of building great posts. Feel free to go on! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14168496&postcount=48)

gmoyes - Nice one, looking forward to see how the battle is going to progress. You keep the battle dynamic and interesting, and you always keep in mind who you are. Good job. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14169400&postcount=49)

gmoyes
18th February 2012, 5:39 PM
So is the ember stopped or not? I just didn't think it had enough strength to overpower. Sand attack has no base power while ember has 40 plus STAB. While I know these numbers don't translate into the rp, they are the basis for the battles.

Gallant
18th February 2012, 7:19 PM
If *Kyurem* says it is, then it is. That is to be arranjed between you two. If when the battle ends, you believe that there are points that are not realistic enough for you to concede defeat if your opponent believes he deserves to win, then you ask for a judge, and I will considerate all different data (like what you said about base power, experience, attack "level", post quality etc...) in order to choose the right winner. If I can't find enough things to decide, the result will be a draw.

But, Kyurem heard you and edited his post, so I believe you can both work things out pretty well.

*Kyurem*
18th February 2012, 11:09 PM
So is the ember stopped or not? I just didn't think it had enough strength to overpower. Sand attack has no base power while ember has 40 plus STAB. While I know these numbers don't translate into the rp, they are the basis for the battles.

I edited it to say that it was doused down, limiting its power a bit. So I guess it would limit it to a power of around 20.

Gallant
19th February 2012, 3:13 PM
Deep Dewist Forest

When almost no sunlight reaches the floor, and the vegetation is so dense it’s really hard to get through you are on Deep Dewist Forest. The leaves are oddly quiet, the wind stopped in a matter of seconds. This part of the forest seems completely cut out from the previous one. Aside from the huge, ancient trees that are also present on North Dewist Forest, smaller leafless ones with strange forms spread in the forest. Their branches resemble human arms, ready to catch and bind you. Sometimes they seem to move, but maybe it is the wind. The noises you’ve heard before, the beautiful sounds of nature and life have stopped also and have been replaced with sinister cries. Besides them, only silence. Temperature has also dropped; the place seems colder, probably because the sunrays that reach the ground are rare. Maybe it’s the darkness, maybe the odd look of the forest, maybe the wind inexistence or maybe the strange cries, but the atmosphere in the area is strange, and you can feel something unnatural. It’s hard to find a way out, you can’t see nothing else in the horizon that the darkness of the forest. Be careful not to lose yourself. Somewhere to the east you can hear a different noise in all the silence, like someone is fighting with swords. Maybe just two, maybe more, it’s hard to know. You have no clue about what is on the west and north side, so you’ll have to find out for yourself. There are special landmarks that you’ll have to discover also. Pokémon are not easy to detect here, but it’s possible to see some. Metapod and Kakuna still hang on the bigger trees, but their basic forms are not seen anywhere. These Pokémon seem bigger and while they are not aggressive, they don’t look at you with the same fear the ones before did. Venonat likes to hunt when it’s dark, and they can be seen hiding behind the thick underbrush. Their evolved form, Venomoth, is also present. They are aggressive, and will attack you on sight. Hoothoot cries near the shorter trees, standing on one foot, and use their psychic power to avoid detection. Spinarak climbs the bigger trees fast, and some will attack you on sight. Murkrow are a bit more common here than they were on North Dewist Forest, and so are their scary cries. They seem to follow you unseen, wondering when you will fall. Venipede and Whirlipede also walk the forest. They are both aggressive, and will try to chase you away from the area. Stunky moves with caution, aware of its surroundings. They will not be easy to surprise. Far away, a big howl is audible. Poochyena habits this forest too, and will attack you. They may decide to attack on a pack, so be careful.

- North Dewist Forest (South)
- ??? (North) 3 posts to get here
- ??? (Southwest) 2 posts needed
- ??? (West) 3 posts needed
- ??? (East) 3 posts needed

Important places:

- ???
- ???
- ???

- Metapod (2)
- Kakuna (2)
- Spinarak (2) aggressive
- Hoothoot (2)
- Venipede (3) aggressive
- Stunky (3)
- Poochyena (3) aggressive
- Murkrow (4)
- Venonat (4)
- Whirlipede (5) aggressive
- Venomoth (5) aggressive

Tyoyo3131
22nd February 2012, 12:54 AM
Posted finally. sorry I didn't post sooner.

Gallant
24th February 2012, 7:45 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for not coming earlier, but I have been really busy.
Don't let the RP die, I understand we may have much to do, but let's keep it going!

Updates:

*Kyurem* - Everything seems to be good, I'll talk to gmoyes about the answer. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14191671&postcount=50)
Tyoyo3131 - Congratulations, this is your best post of all the ones since the begining. It was extremely enjoying to read, you read everything I said in area description and used it very intelligently. You never forgot who your character is, and you said things in a more detailed and complete way. I feel you dedicated, and it paid off! Keep it going, I’m sure it won’t be in vain. Great work. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14191917&postcount=51)

gmoyes
4th March 2012, 7:13 PM
... I think the rp has died. The last post was over a week ago and it was my own. As mush as I enjoy this, it's kind of pointless if no one else is there.

*Kyurem*
4th March 2012, 10:58 PM
So true... I meant to post a while ago but I've gotten way to busy for this now. I am gonna try to write another post now, so we will see if it has died or not if Gallant responds to this situation.

Squiddly Dee
4th March 2012, 11:28 PM
I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy with a lot of things, and I've had a lot of problems with school as well as with my girlfriend. I also have an RP of my own to run, and I have writer's block. I'll try to post as soon as I can.

Tyoyo3131
5th March 2012, 1:14 AM
Block here too Inferno. I'll think of something soon though.

*Kyurem*
5th March 2012, 1:20 AM
Everyone seems to be back EXEPT Gallant.