PDA

View Full Version : Fire/Dark Unlimited Deck (Need help Today!)

Duhmensions
22nd January 2012, 11:43 AM
So I'm going to pokemon tcg for the first time in about 3 years today and wanted to get my deck rated...

Energies

14 Basic Fire
1 Dark Metal
1 Health (Normal type energy, remove 1 damage counter when attaching)
1 Call (If attached to active pokemon, once per turn can look in deck for 2 basic and place on bench)
4 Basic Dark
5 Special Dark (plus 10 damage for each one attached to dark type pokemon)
2 Double Rainbow

Trainers

1 Bianca (Draw cards till 6 in hand)
1 Cheren (Draw 3 cards)
1 Pokeball
1 Dual ball
1 Prof. Elms Training Method (Search for Evolution, put in hand)
1 Potion (Remove 2 damage counters)
1 Bill (Draw 2 Cards)
1 Premier Ball (Search Deck or Discard for Lvl. X)

Pokemon

2 Eevee (Majestic Dawn)
2 Umbreon (Majestic Dawn)
3 Moltres (Majestic Dawn)
2 Infernape (Majestic Dawn)
2 Monferno (Majestic Dawn)
2 Chimchar (Majestic Dawn)
1 Ho-oh (EX Emerald)
2 Torchic (EX Emerald)
2 Combusken (EX Emerald)
1 Blaziken (EX Emerald)
1 Regigigas (Legends Awakened)
2 Darkrai (Great Encounters)
1 Darkrai (Majestic Dawn)
1 Darkrai Lvl. X

I feel i may have to many pokemon and not enough trainers... But im unsure of which pokemon to take out? Maybe the Torchics and evolutions? Opinions and tips are much appreciated :D

the ash man83
22nd January 2012, 4:28 PM
i'm not sure about the actual cards within the deck, but i do know that most of these cards (especially the pokemon), are not allowed in the current format. sorry to disappoint you.

Duhmensions
22nd January 2012, 8:05 PM
What do you mean? I cant use them at all? The wrong format for the website? Or can i not use these in league play???

Duhmensions
22nd January 2012, 9:45 PM
Well because of your vague answer, I stayed home today because I didnt want to be turned away for illegal card usage...

the ash man83
22nd January 2012, 9:47 PM
yeah sorry bout that, but TCG isn't really my field. from what i do know about the current format, only cards from Heartgold/Soulsilver set onwards are allowed (excluding basic energy cards). so that would be all the HG/SS sets and the B/W sets.

Duhmensions
22nd January 2012, 10:06 PM
That doesnt make sense to me because it said you could post Unlimited decks here... why would i be able to post unlimited decks if there no point in having them? :(

donavannj
23rd January 2012, 5:34 AM
You can post them here, but they do not have Unlimited format tournaments in Play!Pokemon sponsored official tournaments.

And there is a point in having an unlimited deck: playing against friends or playing in small tournaments run by people at your league as a just for fun thing.

All of your Pokemon in this deck are not tournament legal. Premier Ball, Double Rainbow Energy, Health Energy, Dark Metal Energy, and Call Energy are all not legal as well.

Also, things to note: if you have the Base Set or Base Set 2 versions of Bill, they need to be treated as Supporters, and as of the Black & White set, all Potion cards heal 3 damage counters.

ven?
27th January 2012, 9:40 AM
tru tru, I'm with him *(point's above)*.

However me and the guy's have lots of unlimited tourney's (when we're not doing citie's, br's, prov's, etc,etc), and thats how we teach the young in your leagues through unlimited play, makes thing's interesting.

However on a deck editing spectrum i have to ask, if you want this deck to exist, what pokemon and or combination do you mainly like about this deck?

P.S. yo you forgot to mention the pluspower and defender.