PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Black City/White Forest Discussion Thread

Missingno. Master
29th January 2012, 1:07 AM
Had a look with the search function, and discovered that the thread for discussing Black City and White Forest was last posted in sometime in September. As I'm not one for bumping threads, I figured a new one might be in order.

So, yeah. Discuss Black City and White Forest here.

Now, on New Years' Eve, after giving up a lengthy Axew MMing project, I discovered to my dismay that my Black City had been abandoned. I had worked diligently since the game's release to keep that place packed with the maximum occupancy of 10 trainers, so it was a pretty harsh blow to me. I'm in the process of repopulating it, but in doing so, I've noticed something odd. Whenever I talk to a trainer in White Forest who is one of the trainers I formerly had in Black City, even though I am 110% certain it's still not at maximum occupancy, I can't invite that trainer. I'll give you an example: One of the trainers I had in Black City was Ace Trainer Vincent, or, as some of you might know him better as, that Ace Trainer with the Magmortar. I found him in my White Version's White Forest, and yet, I was unable to invite him to Black City. But I was allowed to invite almost everyone else; that Battle Girl with Slaking, the Black Belt with a Machamp, that Aggron-using Hiker, and so on. Didn't really know that could happen.

Black City is also my favorite location in the Pokémon world. I love how the buildings look, I love the music, and I love the automatic daily rematches. The only thing that would make it better is if you could rebattle the Rotation Battle trainers in the shop. EDIT: Oh, and if the Pokémon Center had been redesigned to look like a Black City building.

DragonXmicro
31st January 2012, 1:09 AM
Well ive been allowin mine to deminish. I really need to get back in there. Ive droped down to 6 mil. Stupid daycare fees. Ive gotta get to $1 under $10 mil. And ive got the guy w/ nidoking. Hes the strongest in mine.

Falconx03
31st January 2012, 4:25 AM
My White forest was flourishing very well after buying the game but I then left the game alone for a few months and when I got back into playing, the forest was nearly diminished. I gave up trying to get it back. I hope in the 3rd version will incorporate a better and more efficient way of maintaining the White Forest/Black City.

ebevan91
31st January 2012, 4:26 AM
So how do you actually get more people/pokemon to appear in White Forest?

Missingno. Master
31st January 2012, 3:04 PM
So how do you actually get more people/pokemon to appear in White Forest?

Using White Version, go to the Entralink and connect with a Black Version. Go to Black City, and talk to the various trainers around the city. Provided they aren't already in White Forest, you will be able to invite them into White Forest, and they will appear in your game. You can have a maximum of 10 people in White Forest, and as each one has a Pokémon they make appear, a maximum of 10 Pokémon that can appear in the grass.

Shine
31st January 2012, 3:15 PM
I always battle my Black City's trainers even while hatching eggs :p

Currently stands at 2350 trainers beaten, which means I've defeated the set (10 trainers) 235 times.

Missingno. Master
31st January 2012, 3:18 PM
I always battle my Black City's trainers even while hatching eggs :p

Currently stands at 2350 trainers beaten, which means I've defeated the set (10 trainers) 235 times.

I do that too, though I didn't actually think of that until I switched to Volcarona for hatching them. Usually I used to use a Magcargo for that. I haven't quite hit 2000 defeated trainers yet, and following the Axew disaster, I currently only have eight trainers in Black City. That's after I used Entralink to invite everything I could over from my White version. I'd do this with my brother's White Version as well, were it not for the fact he hasn't even reached Nacrene City yet, and thus making his Entralink unvisitable.

Belgared
2nd February 2012, 5:15 PM
How does on go about removing the trainers from black city, cause I want to have a new set, and more so for the items.

GameMaster0000
2nd February 2012, 5:24 PM
How does on go about removing the trainers from black city, cause I want to have a new set, and more so for the items.

Just leave them alone don't talk to any one their they will dissapear "Someday"

Alter ego
2nd February 2012, 6:30 PM
Is there a way to battle with trainers in White Forest? Get only Pokémon I can get Via trades is a little boring. I think Black City is way batter than White Forest, because of the Trainers, the Shop where you can get rare Items and for the design.

Nope, you can't battle the outdoor trainers in White Forest. The only benefits they bring are wild Pokémon and, occasionally, rare items on the forest floor.

This is bad. Why I didn't take Black? I can get Items via Pickup and take Pokémon by trading, lol
Thanks for the answer~

The Eleventh
2nd February 2012, 6:45 PM
Is there a way to battle with trainers in White Forest? Get only Pokémon I can get Via trades is a little boring. I think Black City is way batter than White Forest, because of the Trainers, the Shop where you can get rare Items and for the design.
Nope, you can't battle the outdoor trainers in White Forest. The only benefits they bring are wild Pokémon and, occasionally, rare items on the forest floor.

Lorde
2nd February 2012, 7:16 PM
I try to make a habit of visiting Black City everyday, but sometimes I just don't feel like going. I have 9 trainers in my Black City at the moment; I could easily add more, but I'm too lazy to connect with White version. I usually battle them all when I visit, but now that my Pokemon are all at level 100, there's no real benefit.

abrar14
2nd February 2012, 7:21 PM
My black city died a long time ago. Only 2 trainers left

Missingno. Master
8th February 2012, 3:21 AM
Finished repopulating Black City, but now I'm getting picky. What I want now is the ten strongest trainers in my Black City, namely those with Pokémon whose levels are in the 50s and 60s. Half the trainers in the city meet this critera already, and another four are in my White Version's White Forest. What I'm doing is, I'm only going to battle the five trainers I want to keep, and ignore the other five until they leave. Once that's happened, and once the four aforementioned trainers in White Forest have left, I'll invite them into Black City. Going by Bulbapedia's Black City page, the only trainer I need that I don't currently have access to is that female Veteran with the Exploud. With any luck I'll find that in my brother's White Version. If he ever gets to Nimbasa City, that is. I swear, we got our games at the same time. I have 8 badges and a full Pokédex. He has... one badge.

This is bad. Why I didn't take Black? I can get Items via Pickup and take Pokémon by trading, lol
Thanks for the answer~
I've been advising people all along, Black Version is the better version. Black City was sufficient to seal the deal for me (Granted, I have both versions, but Black is my main version, containing all my EV trained stuff, Shiny Pokémon, legendaries, in-game reserves, and my Unown collection. I just use White for extra legendaries and items, and now for altering the Black City population).

Shine
8th February 2012, 3:28 AM
I already have that female Veteran since the very first time :D

It's awesome, any non-Normal Type can level quickly from lv 1 to lv 30+ just from that one Exploud, assuming it can learn both Taunt & Toxic.
Being able to learn only Toxic works, but needs luck and probably a few soft reset :p
Being foreign + Lucky Egg + level 1 = a ton of exp, around 60k+

Banana Knight Arthur
8th February 2012, 3:43 AM
Finished repopulating Black City, but now I'm getting picky. What I want now is the ten strongest trainers in my Black City, namely those with Pokémon whose levels are in the 50s and 60s. Half the trainers in the city meet this critera already, and another four are in my White Version's White Forest. What I'm doing is, I'm only going to battle the five trainers I want to keep, and ignore the other five until they leave. Once that's happened, and once the four aforementioned trainers in White Forest have left, I'll invite them into Black City. Going by Bulbapedia's Black City page, the only trainer I need that I don't currently have access to is that female Veteran with the Exploud. With any luck I'll find that in my brother's White Version. If he ever gets to Nimbasa City, that is. I swear, we got our games at the same time. I have 8 badges and a full Pokédex. He has... one badge.

I've been advising people all along, Black Version is the better version. Black City was sufficient to seal the deal for me (Granted, I have both versions, but Black is my main version, containing all my EV trained stuff, Shiny Pokémon, legendaries, in-game reserves, and my Unown collection. I just use White for extra legendaries and items, and now for altering the Black City population).

IF it really has been a while, he will have to start over to populate his city with trainers….

Bluebird55
8th February 2012, 12:10 PM
I haven't expanded my Black City on Pokemon Black, primarily because I haven't really used Infrared or Wi-fi because I'm not in range with anyone I don't think, or the fact that I haven't seen anyone on Wireless in the gate thing :-).

Cool Boy
8th February 2012, 1:24 PM
THe white forest is gone... oh well

Missingno. Master
8th February 2012, 4:08 PM
IF it really has been a while, he will have to start over to populate his city with trainers….

Who, my brother? He doesn't care, actually. I fear he might be losing interest in Pokémon. He insists he's still interested, but given that he's given me permission to delete his saved file on XD, he rarely plays his games anymore, and the whereabouts of his Pokémon plushes is an unsolved mystery, I'm not so sure.

Shoobie
8th February 2012, 5:07 PM
To get a thunderstone from black city you'd have to bring in new trainers then?

Osha Say What?
8th February 2012, 5:11 PM
My White Forest would be totally depopulated by now. I started way back in December, and I haven't ever reached it yet. I only have 3 badges. I guess I could stand to lose Victini.

2rsa
8th February 2012, 5:23 PM
Haha,i messed my black city too.XD

Missingno. Master
16th February 2012, 12:21 PM
I've finally done it! It involved a lot of time changing on my 3DS AND DSi, a hell of a lot of Entralinking, and Entralinking with my cousin's White Version for Veteran Rosa, but I've finally managed to get the exact 10 trainers in Black City that I want! Going by Bulbapedia, I have the ten trainers with the strongest Pokémon in my Black City;

Ace Trainer Lena (Gardevoir and Gallade, level 61 each)
Scientist Jacques (Nidoqueen level 50)
Battle Girl Karenna (Slaking level 67)
Pokémon Ranger Ralph (Ludicolo level 61)
Ace Trainer Vincent (Magmortar level 62)
Pokémon Ranger Eliza (Flygon level 61)
Veteran Ken (Nidoking level 67)
Scientist Marie (Magnezone level 50)
Black Belt Ryder (Machamp level 56)
Veteran Rosa (Exploud level 67)

Best of all, the Black City Market's items:
Thunderstone
Fire Stone
Leaf Stone
Water Stone
Moon Stone
Sun Stone
Blue Shard
Poké Doll
Green Shard
Nugget

Nice selection of evolution stones, isn't it? So I've turned Black City into a place of high-exp. rematches and evolution stone sales. Even more reasons to love that place.

miltankRancher
17th February 2012, 10:32 AM
I am no big fan of the version exclusive locations. I hate it, since I don't bother going on Wifi or something to invite people. My Black City has 0 population. One if I pass by.

Missingno. Master
19th February 2012, 2:09 AM
I am no big fan of the version exclusive locations. I hate it, since I don't bother going on Wifi or something to invite people. My Black City has 0 population. One if I pass by.

Yeah, I'll admit the whole "population decreases if you take longer to get there" thing was a bit messed up. Wasn't a problem for me, but still.

Grei
19th February 2012, 7:10 PM
It's the thing I really hope they fix in the 3rd installment. The game shouldn't punish you for wanting to take your time and smell the roses.

indifference
20th February 2012, 10:27 PM
i don`t understand it at all.

Archangel Armada
21st February 2012, 4:26 AM
Today I went to check on my Black City... and it was totally desolate D: I was gone too long :(

Dragonicwari
21st February 2012, 4:37 AM
I haven't battled anyone in black city for awhile, *inserts speculation of upcoming pokemon game we all expect*

Snigeln
22nd February 2012, 3:36 PM
I think the whole system´s cool, but with one flaw. If you don´t have any friends that play B/W (like me), or if you don´t have two DS/games, you can´t use it at all.
If you could do this via wi-fi, that would be great, I´d really like to be able to enjoy the game to it´s fullest.

tehtimstr
24th February 2012, 11:21 AM
Hey guys I need help repopulating my black city got greedy and was changing my calendar around without knowing it would kill black city population if anyone with white could help me that would be awesome thanks again
-tehtim

Schade
1st March 2012, 8:45 PM
There is no Grass in White forrest anymore... Why?

SuperEpicRock
1st March 2012, 9:09 PM
That is the problem with White, I captured all the pokemon ages ago, and I have no black to connect with, so all the pokes that once filled the happy forest are now gone forever. But I don't really need white forest to capture them since I have other games to connect to, so It's pretty much useless for me now.

schumaga
2nd March 2012, 6:50 PM
In times like these you're grateful for having a sister to play with you :) Both of us have our areas totally filled

1quacka1
3rd March 2012, 12:51 AM
My White Forest has no-one in it. Will I need to find someone who has people in Black City to invite them, or will it somehow work if both games have an occupancy of 0?

pokefanNyvek
4th March 2012, 6:27 AM
So, heres what's killing me. My friend can enter my game, but I can't enter his. Any ideas on this? He just started the game, and has only one badge. does he need to be at a specific point? Thanks.

Owl
5th March 2012, 10:41 AM
I've been having trouble getting water in my forest. I often Entralink with my siblings to replenish our in game populations but it never seems to help THAT much.

Dragrath
5th March 2012, 11:54 PM
It's the thing I really hope they fix in the 3rd installment. The game shouldn't punish you for wanting to take your time and smell the roses.

Pissed me off too hope it's fixed in Black2 and white2... I know I really will not care though it would have been nice to try and get a wild Bagon and ghastly but oh well good job Nintendo this is what I get fore EV training my entire team... :(

-Unicorno-
5th March 2012, 11:56 PM
So, heres what's killing me. My friend can enter my game, but I can't enter his. Any ideas on this? He just started the game, and has only one badge. does he need to be at a specific point? Thanks.

He can't be in any town below nimbasa to enter.

raptorx85
13th March 2012, 7:54 PM
So what this one person was saying is, if you want to change the trainers(and shop items) in your game ( I have black), all you have to do is mess with the clock to make the city empty. Then invite trainers from a White game over? Or do you have to do something about the white game too (we have both, so it wouldn't be much of a problem)?

old man
13th March 2012, 10:50 PM
I haven't been able to get folks.in my.black.city at all. No matter who I talk to
. Ive given up trying.

Lanik
13th March 2012, 11:16 PM
I haven't been able to get folks.in my.black.city at all. No matter who I talk to
. Ive given up trying.
Same. If only Entralink had wireless connection. I'd rather pay 10k for evolutionary stones rather than to spend hours salvaging for stones in dust clouds.

RedAce♠
13th March 2012, 11:35 PM
I had a lot of people in my White Forest, but I'm trying to get the right people in the Black City on my girlfriend's game so I can stock up on stones of all kinds. Though it proving harder than I thought since it's taking forever to get rid of some of the people in Black City :/ I really hate Nintindo's idea here... So stupid to have to go through this much trouble to stock up on certain stones!

Alyss
14th March 2012, 7:25 AM
I don't have White, so I can't do anything for my Black City ;_; Is it worth it getting White?

Zaranon
8th May 2012, 12:05 PM
To be honest it comes down to which ones more useful to me. I mean you can buy stones and vs trainers for exp in black city but you need to take into account that you can audino train and (though rare) you can still get stones from ground shaking spots in caves. Whereas with white theres the oppurtunity to catch base lvl 5 pokemon and receive a mystery item everyday its a win win! also i really like bagon :D

elfrings
8th January 2013, 12:27 PM
Using White Version, go to the Entralink and connect with a Black Version. Go to Black City, and talk to the various trainers around the city. Provided they aren't already in White Forest, you will be able to invite them into White Forest, and they will appear in your game. You can have a maximum of 10 people in White Forest, and as each one has a Pokémon they make appear, a maximum of 10 Pokémon that can appear in the grass.

But how do you get NEW trainers to appear?
For example, I approached Hiker Emi and she expressed interest in traveling to my area but didn't give an option of accepting her. I could accept others, but not her or a few others I found while in the Entralink.
So what are you supposed to do to get others to travel to your area?