PDA

View Full Version : B/W in-game hints for future Pokemon games

HyperXhydra95
5th February 2012, 3:26 AM
In almost every Pokemon game there's hints about the next Pokemon games.
For example: The red Gyarados mentioning in D/P, Jasmine in Sunyshore city,
Also next to the resort hotel a guy mentions the Tin Tower, home of Ho-Oh and Whirl Islands, home of Lugia, These are hints of the G/S remake HG/SS.

What are the hints do you think in B/W for future Pokemon games?

2rsa
10th February 2012, 9:49 PM
There was a hint of dream world in Pokemon emerald.i don't know of any hints that might lead you to the next game.

ZMT123
11th February 2012, 2:05 AM
There was a hint of dream world in Pokemon emerald.i don't know of any hints that might lead you to the next game.

You're talking about the guy in the Devon Corporation that mentions building a machine that could read a pokemon's dream. It is unlikely that it is a reference to the Dream World, since RSE was released nine years prior to BW.

As for hints to future games in BW, there are many. Hints for remakes of RSE: Dive as an HM returning, Gen 3 and Gen 5 are both reboots to the series, a guy in Desert Resort mentions Go Go Goggles, a person in Undella Town is from Hoenn, etc. Also, after the player catches all of the Seven Sages, Looker says that N was spotted with Reshiram in another region, so that means the N will probably be in a future game.

Go to this article to see all the hints to RSE remakes in BW: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Remakes

dewey911p
11th February 2012, 5:34 AM
i think the legend of how Reshiram and Zekrom were once one pokemon might be a hint at a future game. Theres the main story line right there.

Evil guy: I will reunite the two legendary dragons to form the ultimate Blue Eyes White Dragon ... I-I mean Reshirom/Zekram.

Our character: ... (Why is this all we ever get to say? Granted there are a few choices where we can chose a yes or no response, but still)

Evil Guy, Sucess! You failed to stop me now i will tell you how to defeat me. go catch Kyurem (i will also be so kind as to tell you where he is and how to get to him) change his form and then come beat me, I will patiently wait for you.

Our Guy: ...

Evil Guy: You listened to what i said and you beat me! How is this Possible!

Evil Guy: i had a magical change of heart and now i realize that my life's ambition was wrong, thank you 14 year old stranger!

the end.

See, the story practically rights itself. As for N, i think he might be like Red and be the strongest trainer to beat in EarthRuby/OceanSapphire (just my thoughts on the remake titles). I also feel like this was the biggest unresolved part of the story. Gheists gives you the Adamant orb, Lustrious orb, and Griecious orb at the end of the game then runs away, but they never say what the orbs are for (b/c Dialga, Palkia, and giritina arent even in this game so why bother give the orbs?) and they just leave it at that. I think it might have something to do with Kyurem's alternate form or the combination of Reshiram and Zekrom. we will see soon enough though

Pbbpwns
11th February 2012, 10:06 AM
The currents in b/w and the hm dive...

Falconx03
11th February 2012, 6:01 PM
Gheists gives you the Adamant orb, Lustrious orb, and Griecious orb at the end of the game then runs away, but they never say what the orbs are for (b/c Dialga, Palkia, and giritina arent even in this game so why bother give the orbs?) and they just leave it at that. I think it might have something to do with Kyurem's alternate form or the combination of Reshiram and Zekrom. we will see soon enough though

The player receives the three orbs because there is no other way of obtaining the orbs if not given to. It's not possible the transfer the items up from past games to BW, I think.

blackmeadow
12th February 2012, 2:15 AM
Is there a possibility for a remake? I thought the point of the FR/LG and HH/SS remakes was only because you couldn't transfer from the originals. But R/S do have the capability of transferring to Gen IV and V, so I dunno. Either way, a remake would be awesome.

SuperEpicRock
12th February 2012, 2:26 AM
Is there a possibility for a remake? I thought the point of the FR/LG and HH/SS remakes was only because you couldn't transfer from the originals. But R/S do have the capability of transferring to Gen IV and V, so I dunno. Either way, a remake would be awesome.

Well, the main point of FR/LG and HG/SS was to make money, and to get another generation of kids playing the games; transferring pokes was just a cool side effect. So as long as people will buy them, I'm pretty sure GF will keep making remakes.

blackmeadow
12th February 2012, 2:30 AM
Well, the main point of FR/LG and HG/SS was to make money, and to get another generation of kids playing the games; transferring pokes was just a cool side effect. So as long as people will buy them, I'm pretty sure GF will keep making remakes.

True. I hope they do. I've been waiting for a remake of R/S after GF made FR/LG and HG/SS.

I'm pretty sure Hoenn will look awesome in 3D.

Claus351
12th February 2012, 2:32 AM
The Currents on that route that I forgot the number, dive, a guy in the desert resort mentions go-goggles and the guide refers to this. there are many reasons, if you look deep enough. also what was with that team rocket guy? those wern't in r/s/e.

Falconx03
12th February 2012, 3:42 AM
The Currents on that route that I forgot the number, dive, a guy in the desert resort mentions go-goggles and the guide refers to this. there are many reasons, if you look deep enough. also what was with that team rocket guy? those wern't in r/s/e.

What Team Rocket guy? The only random Team Rocket guy I can think of is the one from GSC and HGSS in Kanto that steals the machine part from the Power Plant. I remember it mentioned somewhere that he is from a far away place and Unova was the rumored.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
12th February 2012, 4:00 AM
Dive makes a return, so it's a big hint for the 3rd Gen remakes.

dewey911p
12th February 2012, 4:55 AM
The player receives the three orbs because there is no other way of obtaining the orbs if not given to. It's not possible the transfer the items up from past games to BW, I think.

If thats so then why no Soul Dew?

What Team Rocket guy? The only random Team Rocket guy I can think of is the one from GSC and HGSS in Kanto that steals the machine part from the Power Plant. I remember it mentioned somewhere that he is from a far away place and Unova was the rumored.

there was a Team plasma guy that referenced Team Rocket and Team Galactic also

Mykonos
12th February 2012, 2:33 PM

I think he was referring to that random Team Rocket member that was in the Game Freak building in Black/White.

blackmeadow
12th February 2012, 9:16 PM
I think he was referring to that random Team Rocket member that was in the Game Freak building in Black/White.

Yeah he was the guy who spoke in the weird accent and said things like "Team Rocket bye bye a go go". and stole the machine part.

Falconx03
12th February 2012, 9:40 PM
If thats so then why no Soul Dew?

there was a Team plasma guy that referenced Team Rocket and Team Galactic also

Maybe the Soul Dew is to obtained in the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire. That could be a hint to the remakes.

Ah, I see why I didn't know Team Rocket was mentioned in BW because I never really read what the characters were saying in the game. I kind of just skipped through everything.

Alexander18
12th February 2012, 9:47 PM
Well, considering that M15 and Keldeo, I think the next main series game is Gray/Grey, considering we can not rebattle Gym leaders and trainers around Unova. R/S Remake would come later on.

R_N
12th February 2012, 9:52 PM

It wasn't a Team Rocket member. It was one of the sound designers that play the TR theme.

The rocket guy from the end of HGSS's kanto stuff is in the game, though. He's in a house in Iccuris in the winter. He's married, has a kid, and gave up trying to rebuild team rocket.

Falconx03
12th February 2012, 10:34 PM
Well, considering that M15 and Keldeo, I think the next main series game is Gray/Grey, considering we can not rebattle Gym leaders and trainers around Unova. R/S Remake would come later on.

It's kind of hard to say which one will come first basing off of the previous remakes and third version installments. Emerald came out after FireRed and LeafGreen while Platinum came out before HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Mykonos
12th February 2012, 10:36 PM
It wasn't a Team Rocket member. It was one of the sound designers that play the TR theme.

The rocket guy from the end of HGSS's kanto stuff is in the game, though. He's in a house in Iccuris in the winter. He's married, has a kid, and gave up trying to rebuild team rocket.

It was? Shoot, I should look into things before posting then. I messed around in the Game Freak building back in April, so let the passage of time take the blame for this one.

Lickilicky.my.Skitty
12th February 2012, 11:26 PM

Thank you, I wanted to say this but you beat me to it.

Anyways...I don't really know as far as hints go for the next game. B/W has been really vague.

Wulava
13th February 2012, 12:30 AM
References to older generations are not necessarily hints for future games.

The only hints we have that could possibly lead to future games are the following:
:: The original function of the Dive Ball was restored, which makes it more effective on underwater Pokémon. There are no wild Pokémon underwater in Unova.
:: You can obtain Shoal Salt and Shoal Water in the game, despite that fact that it has no use in this game.
:: A placeholder for a Kyurem Forme was found in the game's coding.
:: Future events involving Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

The rest are plain references.

deoxysdude94
13th February 2012, 12:33 AM
Anyone see any resemblance in the three legendary dragons? fire/electric/ice? Yeah. I think they're hinting a sequel to black and white, because Iris and Drayden said there was originally ONE dragon pokemon. It could be Kyurem.

BCVM22
13th February 2012, 12:37 AM
We still have to idea how to obtain Keldeo (yet), Meloetta, and Genesect.

We do. They arrive via direct download and each trigger a short event somewhere in Unova, in the Moor of Icirrus, Castelia City and the P2 Laboratory, respectively. They do not have event item-triggered capture events as the Sinnoh contigent of Legendaries did, if that's what you mean.

Yeah. I think they're hinting a sequel to black and white, because Iris and Drayden said there was originally ONE dragon pokemon. It could be Kyurem.

I don't think there's a whole lot of ambiguity to either matter here, is there? That there will without question be a third Unova title and that Kyurem is the only realistic candidate to be on the cover?

RussianHobo115
13th February 2012, 12:39 AM
Anyone see any resemblance in the three legendary dragons? fire/electric/ice? Yeah. I think they're hinting a sequel to black and white, because Iris and Drayden said there was originally ONE dragon pokemon. It could be Kyurem.

I think Kyurem is the corpse left behind, of the great dragon, it wouldnt make sense for the one dragon to BE kyurem cause it Zekrom and Reshiram are all three present.

Wulava
13th February 2012, 1:11 AM
We do. They arrive via direct download and each trigger a short event somewhere in Unova, in the Moor of Icirrus, Castelia City and the P2 Laboratory, respectively. They do not have event item-triggered capture events as the Sinnoh contigent of Legendaries did, if that's what you mean.

Oh yeah. I forgot. But yes, this is what I meant. XD

Simisear
13th February 2012, 1:50 AM
I have seen the Place holder of a Gray Stone in the key items in my game...how? well you must know. Its against the 'Laws' of this site to talk about it. And it all follows an order: Ruby and Saphire had a Rayquaza in the tower. Diamond and Pearl had Giratina. And Black and White have Kyurem. :)

R_N
13th February 2012, 1:55 AM
I have seen the Place holder of a Gray Stone in the key items in my game...how? well you must know. Its against the 'Laws' of this site to talk about it. And it all follows an order: Ruby and Saphire had a Rayquaza in the tower. Diamond and Pearl had Giratina. And Black and White have Kyurem. :)

The God stone was listed in the key items section of this site for a while :T
it's also on bulbapedia

Greg Soble
14th February 2012, 7:09 PM
I totally never realized the games had subtle hints like this. Whenever I noticed a reference to a past game I was excited, but never took it to mean they would do remakes.

Alexander18
14th February 2012, 8:47 PM
The only game I could see coming soon would have to Grey, if you heard what N said in Chargestone Cave and if you look at the placeholder of alternate forms, those are hints of an upcoming third game.

Poke_Mania97
15th February 2012, 11:09 AM
I think the whole ending with N going to another region really does hint towards a gen VI or VII. i mean N could be in the next generation like how Red was in the 2nd gen. Or N could travel to the gen 7 region as i assume Gen v and 7 happen at the same timeline.

N was a very interesting character and if the pokemon werent so bad looking and bad themselves then Gen V would be my 2nd fav gen (its my 3rd, after johto and kanto).

i really do think there will be Grey and R/S remakes. i havent really found many of the R/S clues myself but im sure there will be remakes.

For grey u can just tell, i mean Reshi/Zek being 'one dragon', i think kyurem IS the corpse like others say, i think he will get a forme change cause of that God stone. Although it would be interesting to have the REAL 'one dragon' in a later generation.

KanadianCarnage
15th February 2012, 11:47 PM
Cynthia in sunnyshore indicates that D/P/Plat are going to get a revamp like heart gold, and soul silver.

dewey911p
16th February 2012, 12:20 AM
Cynthia in sunnyshore indicates that D/P/Plat are going to get a revamp like heart gold, and soul silver.

In that same vein, the ghost girl of the E4 (whos name i obviously cant remember) referenced Volkner too.

As far as Kyurem being the "corpse" of the one dragon, that doesnt make much sense to me. I just dont see Fire and Lighting splitting up and leaving Ice behind. Also, Kyurems legend is that it fell from a meteor that crashed and made the Giant Chasm. It just wouldnt fit with his story line to be a corpse. And to top it all off, a living corpse? thats just to much, even for pokemon. Sure we have an evil doll thats trying to hunt down the child that threw it away, and yes theres a living sarcophagus, but thats totally different then a corpse IMO.

On a related subject, whatr would the typing be of the "one Dragon?" would it just be a pure dragon type, a Electric/Fire type (makes no sense to me) or a dragon and some other type?

lucario beast
16th February 2012, 12:22 AM
in chargestone cave n mentions somthing about black and white and then they become grey or somthing along tose lines

Wulava
16th February 2012, 12:46 AM
in chargestone cave n mentions somthing about black and white and then they become grey or somthing along tose lines

I believe this is the dialogue you're referring to:

"N: The world turns gray with the mingling of a great many thoughts... I can't allow it to happen. Pokémon and humans should be cleanly split. As clearly separate as black and white. And it is then that Pokémon can be perfect. Yes! That is my dream! A dream I seek to make reality!"

So he will most likely achieve his dream in the third version.

Falconx03
16th February 2012, 1:17 AM

Why would they reboot Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? They already have their 3D(sort of) graphics. The only games I can see getting reboot are Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald since they still need 3D and all that good stuff. After that, Kanto is the only one which is slim in terms of RBY since they saw a remake in 3rd Gen and also Kanto in HGSS, even though it is tuned down quite a lot with no story. But Yellow could possibly see a remake which would be so awesome.

dewey911p
16th February 2012, 1:27 AM
Why would they reboot Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

Money. GF wants to make more money and so they need to make more games. Why come up with a new story line when the fan base seems to be ok replaying the old ones?

jstinftw!
16th February 2012, 1:28 AM
So, I was listening to episode 66 of the It's Super Effective (http://www.pokemonpodcast.com/podcast)podcast, and they were talking about Mistralton City. It hit me at the point where SBJ was saying that they didn't do anything with the planes, and he and David said "Not yet."

Then it hit me.

What if in Pokemon Grey, we're getting Hoenn along with it? It'd be hard to go back and redo the R/S games without Kanto, since they canonically take place at the same time. Why not just throw it in this way?

What really convinces me though is when you beat the Pokemon League (I think it's a bit late to worry about spoilers anymore), Looker said that there were reports of N in Hoenn flying on some Dragon Pokemon. So, you go to Hoenn to find out what happened to him, and at the same time, take place in the League.

And you get to Hoenn via Mistralton's Airport! They had to have had a reason for including that, you know? Thoughts?

Master Leo
16th February 2012, 1:59 AM
has anyone else noticed that in black/white that just about all pokes from R/S/E have new sprites, yet all other generations use the sprites from Heartgold/Soulsilver/Platinum. I am thinking they will probably use those sprites if they made a remake.

and to the guy who says Gray with R/S, i dont think that would be the greatest thing. the generations are too far apart. I think two regions in one game should stay with Johto/Kanto because the games were back to back and really work together.

blaze boy
16th February 2012, 2:00 AM
What if in Pokemon Grey, we're getting Hoenn along with it? It'd be hard to go back and redo the R/S games without Kanto, since they canonically take place at the same time. Why not just throw it in this way?

Or Game Freak could make the Hoenn remake it own game and charge you full price for it.

What really convinces me though is when you beat the Pokemon League (I think it's a bit late to worry about spoilers anymore), Looker said that there were reports of N in Hoenn flying on some Dragon Pokemon. So, you go to Hoenn to find out what happened to him, and at the same time, take place in the League.

Looker never said that N was in Hoenn but rather said that he was in another region.

And you get to Hoenn via Mistralton's Airport! They had to have had a reason for including that, you know? Thoughts?

No just no, Johto was weighted down by Kanto as the trainer level was a far too low and made the game too easy.

Also Mistralton's Airport was really to hammer in the point that Unova is far away from the other past region, it also show case that Mistralton Gym Leader was a master of flying type pokémon.

Falconx03
16th February 2012, 2:20 AM
Or Game Freak could make the Hoenn remake it own game and charge you full price for it.

Looker never said that N was in Hoenn but rather said that he was in another region.

No just no, Johto was weighted down by Kanto as the trainer level was a far too low and made the game too easy.

Also Mistralton's Airport was really to hammer in the point that Unova is far away from the other past region, it also show case that Mistralton Gym Leader was a master of flying type pokémon.

Have to agree with all of your counterpoints. Plus, I doubt they could fit all of Hoenn + upgrades/new stuff and Unova + upgrades/new stuff all on one cart. Unless they get military hardware for the carts but then the games cost would skyrocket and GF would lose money.

Poke_Mania97
16th February 2012, 12:03 PM
I guess kyurem isnt the corpse of the 'one dragon'. but how exactly does it fit to make the trio? it has to have some involvement to make it apart of the trio.

Like with giratina it needs to have some involvement with reshiram and zekrom. It falling from a meteorite sounds very strange to me. there has to be something behind it.

I think the 'one dragon' could be in Gen 6. I dont think it will be Fire/Electric type. it has to be something else.

Wulava
16th February 2012, 1:39 PM
...but how exactly does it fit to make the trio? it has to have some involvement to make it apart of the trio.

The "one dragon" conversation with Drayden and Iris doesn't really justify that it is Kyurem. In fact, the game really has no explanation as to how Kyurem is related to Zekrom and Reshiram. Even its Dex entry doesn't say anything. There's not even a mention of Kyurem in the game script.

If ever, the third version should explain it.

HyperXhydra95
16th February 2012, 3:51 PM
The "one dragon" conversation with Drayden and Iris doesn't really justify that it is Kyurem. In fact, the game really has no explanation as to how Kyurem is related to Zekrom and Reshiram. Even its Dex entry doesn't say anything. There's not even a mention of Kyurem in the game script.

Exactly, we'll find out the full story of Kyurem and it's relation with Reshiram and Zekrom in the 3rd game.

cantab
16th February 2012, 8:44 PM
:: A placeholder for a Kyurem Forme was found in the game's coding.If this is correct, then I think it's highly probable Kyurem will get an alternate form in the new games, a la Giratina's Origin Forme. Kyurem's 660 BST is unusually low for one of a generation's "main" legendaries, they normally get 670 or 680, so for an alternate form to have a higher BST - 690 or 700, perhaps - might be logical.

Poke_Mania97
16th February 2012, 9:09 PM

I know. My whole point was, that Kyurem's story of why it is linked with the other two will be in Grey :p

I hope Kyurem does get a forme change and i hope it gets slightly better stats. I think its two sig moves should be with its new forme

aeroboy93
16th February 2012, 11:24 PM
I really hope they make the remakes of r/s/e. I thought they were very good games. I'm not very fused about a third game as part of the b/w set. I didn't like it as much as the other games. A bit off topic, what console do you think these games will be made on because I don't have a 3DS and I would prefer not to buy one just for a game. However since it would be a r/s/e remake I probably would buy one just for it.

I'm currently doing a replay of Black and i've just picked up on the fact that Skyla, the mistralton gym leader, states in a conversation with the player and C.Juniper 'Professor, my plane is a cargo plane! It carries cargo, not people! And you're talking as if places like Kanto and Sinnoh are right around the corner!'. Perhaps this means Hoenn is closer to Unova, which may mean the two regions could be related. This is just and idea and has no concrete evidence.

SurfingHaxorus
17th February 2012, 12:15 AM
Ok everyone taking about the hints for R/S/E remakes in B/W but I saw some hints for even remakes on Red and Blue!

1. Kanto is taked about by Skyla
2. Basclin red and blue striped froms could reference red and blue
3. The Charizard Bridge

Heck Gamefreak could surprise us and remake both R/B and R/S!

R_N
17th February 2012, 12:22 AM
Ok everyone taking about the hints for R/S/E remakes in B/W but I saw some hints for even remakes on Red and Blue!

3. The Charizard Bridge

Oh dear I appear to have stepped back 8 years where every single tiny thing was OMG JOHTO REMAKES COMING NEXT

aeroboy93
17th February 2012, 12:27 AM
Your totally right there is going to be a Jhoto remake. The plot in Mistralton is very similar to that of Olivine. There is an ill Pokemon at the top of a tall structure.

dewey911p
17th February 2012, 12:35 AM
Your totally right there is going to be a Jhoto remake. The plot in Mistralton is very similar to that of Olivine. There is an ill Pokemon at the top of a tall structure.

Your right as well, there will be Johto remakes, and remakes of gen 1. In fact, they have already been remade. FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver. Everyone seems to have forgotten about them already and i dont know why. The only reason anyone is speculating about Ruby/Sapphire remakes is because of the remakes for gen 1 and gen 2. Why would gamefreak remake something thats already been remade. As a fan base our patience, while impressive, is limited. Personally i think remakes of remakes would be a total bomb and i hope their sales department thinks like me. But hey, maybe im really the lone wolf here and everyone disagrees, who knows?

aeroboy93
17th February 2012, 1:01 AM
I highly doubt they will actually make remakes for the remakes already done. As much as i liked s/g/c i didnt play the remakes that much. I got ss and the silly person that i am i let my girlfriend play it and forgot to get it back before i broke up with her. I really hope they will make the r/s/e remakes. If there are actually hints in the games for the possibilities for remakes then that is mint because there is quite a few. But if they are just there for fun then I don't mind.

HyperXhydra95
17th February 2012, 7:28 AM

3. The Charizard Bridge

1. Also sinnoh is talked about skyla.
2. Not every thing that's colored red and blue is a hint for R/S remakes.
3. They won't remake a remake.
They will probably add a sevii islands in the R/S remakes instead.

Wulava
17th February 2012, 1:58 PM
They will probably add a sevii islands in the R/S remakes instead.

*sigh* ...here we go again...

No. Sevii Islands' main purpose in FRLG is to give players something to play post-game, and to provide players a way to catch majority of Gen 2 Pokemon unavailable in RS at that time.

What other purpose does Sevii serve? Nothing. Chances of Sevii Islands being included is 0%.

A note to everyone that will post in this thread, please elaborate WHY do you think the hint may lead to a future game.
Not because a certain something was referenced in the game, it doesn't necessarily hint a future game.

The Eleventh
17th February 2012, 2:26 PM
Not because a certain something was referenced in the game, it doesn't necessarily hint a future game.
This is the principle problem with speculation here. A large majority don't seem to realise that references do not indicate a remake. Pokémon has been going strong for almost twenty years. The nods to past games are simply there to reaffirm that these are the continuation of the games players have loved in the past. They also provide recognition for, and enhance the experience of, long-time players. They're just references.

Now, something from Black and White that would tell us remakes are close is the fact that the Dive Ball's original function has been restored; it can now catch Pokémon using a greater multiplier underwater, even though there are no Pokémon to be found underwater in Unova.

Vandslaux
17th February 2012, 2:28 PM
Now, something from Black and White that would tell us remakes are close is the fact that the Dive Ball's original function has been restored; it can now catch Pokémon using a greater multiplier underwater, even though there are no Pokémon to be found underwater in Unova.

3rd gen diving back, possibly?

The Eleventh
17th February 2012, 2:33 PM
3rd gen diving back, possibly?
It's incredibly likely.

cantab
17th February 2012, 2:58 PM
I really hope they make the remakes of r/s/e. I thought they were very good games. I'm not very fused about a third game as part of the b/w set. I didn't like it as much as the other games. A bit off topic, what console do you think these games will be made on because I don't have a 3DS and I would prefer not to buy one just for a game.I think the third version to BW will be on the 3DS. Just can't see it being on last gen's console as it were.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Diamond and Pearl remakes on the 3DS, simply because they would be easier for Game Freak to make. Every game from DP onwards has used 3D polygonal models for the environment, with sprites for the characters. It would be trivial to port that to the 3DS, taking advantage of the 3D features. RSE, by contrast, are entirely sprite-based, so to remake them for the 3DS would be significantly more work for Game Freak.

The Dive Ball I think at most suggests that Grey will have underwater Pokemon locations. Or it could have been that underwater wild Pokemon were planned for BW but then dropped.

HyperXhydra95
17th February 2012, 5:25 PM
*sigh* ...here we go again...

No. Sevii Islands' main purpose in FRLG is to give players something to play post-game, and to provide players a way to catch majority of Gen 2 Pokemon unavailable in RS at that time.

What other purpose does Sevii serve? Nothing. Chances of Sevii Islands being included is 0%.

A note to everyone that will post in this thread, please elaborate WHY do you think the hint may lead to a future game.
So is it better to remake the remakes of R/G?, I think it's better to add Sevii islands, like they can make a place there where we can re-challenge the Gym
leaders of hoenn, also encounter some kanto people like Blue and capture some new legendarys there, it's just an opinion thought, I didn't say it's going to happen 100%.

ebevan91
17th February 2012, 5:35 PM
Reading this thread really makes me want a R/S/E remake.

Very underrated Gen if you ask me.

It was my third favorite Gen when there were only 3 Gens, and now that there's 5 Gens, it's still my third favorite Gen because I didn't like 4th or 5th Gen that much at all.

I just said Gen a bunch lol.

Oh, and when I say Gen, I mean the Pokemon, not the games themselves.

Ash Ketchum!
17th February 2012, 5:47 PM
I think R/S remakes are most likely next, although I want an Emerald remake for the 3DS. Maybe its partner version can be Yellow, because I would love to see a Kanto game for the 3DS!

SmeargleArtist
17th February 2012, 6:19 PM
in mistralton, skyla hints that you may be able to travel to different regions, which would be awesome because it would make the game much more fun! we could battle all the gym leaders and protagonists.

memond
17th February 2012, 7:13 PM
Personally i think that there will be a remake for Ruby and Saphire because they tend to make a remake in between games from gen 3 onward. Plus there are pokemon that haven't been apart of regional pokedex from gen 3. (such as Ludicolo, Sharpedo, Wailord, Metagross, and Salamence).

BCVM22
17th February 2012, 7:27 PM
I think R/S remakes are most likely next, although I want an Emerald remake for the 3DS. Maybe its partner version can be Yellow, because I would love to see a Kanto game for the 3DS!

They would not remake Emerald, which was itself 80% material from Ruby and Sapphire. They would remake the paired titles and fold in material from Emerald where necessary.

They would also not remake Yellow, for reasons I hope don't require explanation.

in mistralton, skyla hints that you may be able to travel to different regions, which would be awesome because it would make the game much more fun! we could battle all the gym leaders and protagonists.

She doesn't "hint at you traveling to different regions." "Hinting" would imply feasibility behind the concept you suggested. All she's doing is talking to you about the planes. It's an airport - is she going to wax eloquent to you about the pot of coffee brewing in the pilots' lounge?

Sweet May
17th February 2012, 9:59 PM
You guys, this is not a thread where you think there will be remakes. This is a thread discussing events, dialogue, items, etc that give off HINTS to future games.

We get it, the majority of members here want a remake of the Hoenn games but if you don't want to be infracted with spam, tell us what in these new Black and White games foreshadows that remake. Otherwise you're just spamming with "R/S SHOULD BE REMADE CUZ OF THE PATTERN OF GAME RELEASES" or "R/S SHOULD BE REMADE CUZ ITS AWESUM" Don't forget to back up/prove your hints.

Grei
17th February 2012, 11:08 PM

The only hints we have that could possibly lead to future games are the following:
:: The original function of the Dive Ball was restored, which makes it more effective on underwater Pokémon. There are no wild Pokémon underwater in Unova.
:: You can obtain Shoal Salt and Shoal Water in the game, despite that fact that it has no use in this game.

I agree with this. Also, that Diving is back as an HM is sort of a hint, in my opinion.

So, I was listening to episode 66 of the It's Super Effective (http://www.pokemonpodcast.com/podcast)podcast, and they were talking about Mistralton City. It hit me at the point where SBJ was saying that they didn't do anything with the planes, and he and David said "Not yet."

Then it hit me.

I really, really like your idea, but I doubt it'll happen, for the reasons blaze boy gave.

Oh dear I appear to have stepped back 8 years where every single tiny thing was OMG JOHTO REMAKES COMING NEXT

"The Johto artwork is outdated! Remake confirmed!"

Wulava
18th February 2012, 1:39 AM
You guys, this is not a thread where you think there will be remakes. This is a thread discussing events, dialogue, items, etc that give off HINTS to future games.

We get it, the majority of members here want a remake of the Hoenn games but if you don't want to be infracted with spam, tell us what in these new Black and White games foreshadows that remake. Otherwise you're just spamming with "R/S SHOULD BE REMADE CUZ OF THE PATTERN OF GAME RELEASES" or "R/S SHOULD BE REMADE CUZ ITS AWESUM" Don't forget to back up/prove your hints.

In addition to this, we will delete future posts that doesn't follow the rules.

Ememew
19th February 2012, 4:47 AM
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but:

Despite introducing the Prism Scale as a new way of evolving Feebas to Milotic, one transfered from a previous game with Max Beauty will still evolve upon leveling up. As the contest stat is still measured despite an alternative being introduced, this may be a hint to an upcoming game that includes contests (be it a Hoenn remake/sequel or a new region with contests).

Again, this isn't necessarily a "hint" but it does provide some indication that contest stats are still deemed important in the 5th Generation.

manifesto
19th February 2012, 5:01 AM
I've noticed that every single start to a generation after and including Gen III has a person on vacation from the region they're going to remake next.

Examples:

Lilycove City: Man from Kanto

The resort outside of Pastoria City: woman from Johto (not to mention Jasmine and other references)

Undella Town: person from Hoenn.

It could just be coincidence, but I honestly think it's a hint at this point.

tgf0cj101
19th February 2012, 7:34 AM
Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

I can expand on the Dive resurrection. If you look at the HM lists for Gen III and Gen V, you'll see that apart from Flash and Rock Smash (HM's 5 and 6 in Gen III, TM's 70 and 94 in Gen V, respectively), the lists are identical.

I've noticed that every single start to a generation after and including Gen III has a person on vacation from the region they're going to remake next.

Examples:

Lilycove City: Man from Kanto

The resort outside of Pastoria City: woman from Johto (not to mention Jasmine and other references)

Undella Town: person from Hoenn.

It could just be coincidence, but I honestly think it's a hint at this point.

I remember those people, but never gave them much thought until recently.

As far as Kyurem goes, if I remember right, the pieces of mythology are these: Reshirem and Zekrom were once one dragon, and that dragon split into two but leaving behind a shell of sorts; and Kyurem came off a meteorite and landed in the Giant Chasm. From what I can see, there aren't any in-game references that Kyurem is the leftover shell from the Reshirem/Zekrom split, but considering how they have similar physical features, have dual-typing with Dragon as the primary type and the open pieces in the game's code for a Kyurem alternate form, special hold item and signature attack, I'm willing to bet that there is a connection among the dragons. My theory is this: before the split, the "one dragon" had to have flown high enough to not be able to be seen by the naked eye, high enough to where the leftover part from the split would fall in such a way that the people living in the area of the crash site would not know what exactly landed there or where it came from. Kyurem's Ice-typing could be a side-effect of the high altitude of the split or the fall to Giant Chasm afterwards. Something to think about, at least until Gray/Grey comes around.

[ACE] Zero
21st February 2012, 2:17 AM
In BW059, dark red and dark blue orbs were used alongside black and white orbs to call forth Landorus.

I hope I dont have to explain the Dark RED orb and Dark BLUE orb.

BCVM22
21st February 2012, 3:02 AM
In BW059, dark red and dark blue orbs were used alongside black and white orbs to call forth Landorus.

The anime dictates nothing to the games and presents nothing relevant to the discussion.

[ACE] Zero
21st February 2012, 3:15 AM

The anime dictates nothing to the games and presents nothing relevant to the discussion.

Quote from a Mod regarding to this thread, nowhere does it say that the Anime cannot be used as something that give off HINTS to future games.

When you find that exact wording tell me something, and you yourself are not contributing to the actual discusion of this thread, rather trying to correct someone else, if you really want to do that apply to be a Mod so you can do that all day to your heart's content. I bid you Adieu.

BCVM22
21st February 2012, 3:27 AM
I think you misunderstand. You can try and cite things from the anime all you want - the point remains that the anime dictates nothing to the games, or if you need a more specific example, it means very little that a red orb and a blue orb were used in the anime (for purposes of summoning a Unova Legendary, no less).

I'm sorry you tried to present something largely irrelevant as a hint, I guess...? Probably my fault. I'll you'll someone will do better next time.

Wulava
21st February 2012, 6:37 AM

I hope I dont have to explain the Dark RED orb and Dark BLUE orb.

Quote from a Mod regarding to this thread, nowhere does it say that the Anime cannot be used as something that give off HINTS to future games.

The title of the thread speaks for itself. "B/W in-game hints for future Pokemon games". Keyword: "in-game". Only reference the game and nothing else.

[ACE] Zero
21st February 2012, 7:20 AM
The title of the thread speaks for itself. "B/W in-game hints for future Pokemon games". Keyword: "in-game". Only reference the game and nothing else.

No feces, I realized that but the Mod make an error by saying "You guys, this is not a thread where you think there will be remakes. This is a thread discussing events, dialogue, items, etc that give off HINTS to future games."
and not mentioning that the anime is irrelevant. It just says to discuss about hints we find, the mod's post did not mention that the limit is "in-game' the title does however so yeah i was wrong.

VainAttempts
21st February 2012, 8:56 AM

Old post but FireRed and LeafGreen were made because there was no other way to get Kanto Pokemon such as Slowpoke or Bulbasaur in Ruby and Sapphire. Notice how they also dropped the "Gotta catch'em all" slogan around this time. And HeartGold and SoulSilver were just pure fan service since the moment FRLG Came out people speculated a GSC remake.

VainAttempts
21st February 2012, 9:07 AM

3. The Charizard Bridge

They're making remakes of Pokeymanz Redd and Blooooo?!?!? There is a god! Way better graphics than the original! (sarcasm)

But you are aware those games been having remakes since 2004? You know, FireRed and LeafGreen?

BCVM22
21st February 2012, 9:14 AM
Old post but FireRed and LeafGreen were made because there was no other way to get Kanto Pokemon such as Slowpoke or Bulbasaur in Ruby and Sapphire. Notice how they also dropped the "Gotta catch'em all" slogan around this time. And HeartGold and SoulSilver were just pure fan service since the moment FRLG Came out people speculated a GSC remake.

No, the post to which you responded was correct. Nintendo and the companies under its umbrella are businesses, which make a habit of doing things that make money. Both FR/LG and HG/SS were made because the powers that be knew they would sell and thus make mad, mad money.

Any notions of "no other way to get Kanto Pokémon" or "fan service" are secondary by a wide margin. There would have been not a thing stopping them from cramming the Kanto Pokémon into Ruby/Sapphire and/or Emerald if they were really that concerned about you having access to certain Pokémon, but instead they would far rather you spend more money on another game if you want them and another experience that badly.

HyperXhydra95
21st February 2012, 2:11 PM
I agree with BCVM22, they didn't have to make FR/LG at that time if they really would want to make the Kanto Pokemon possible to get, they would have just make areas where the kanto Pokemon is there, and other methods to get the kanto legendary Pokemon in R/S/E.

Now there's something most People haven't noticed:

R/S champion's room has Pokemon Pearl's color theme.
Emerald's champion's room has Pokemon Diamond's Color theme.
Each room has Platinum's color theme in the top wall, so i think this is Pokemon D/P/Pt hint.

D/P champion room is White, While in Platinum is Black, a hint for Pokemon B/W.( We still don't know what's the 3rd game of Gen V but in both rooms there's Grey areas).

So in B/W The Champion room's color could be a hint for a future Pokemon game, one of the Gen VI games.

Grei
21st February 2012, 6:36 PM
No feces, I realized that but the Mod make an error by saying "You guys, this is not a thread where you think there will be remakes. This is a thread discussing events, dialogue, items, etc that give off HINTS to future games."
and not mentioning that the anime is irrelevant. It just says to discuss about hints we find, the mod's post did not mention that the limit is "in-game' the title does however so yeah i was wrong.

The mods made no such error. Don't blame your blunders on the moderators.

The anime has never and will never come before the game. The anime is secondary to the games--that is, the anime is based on the game. Therefore, nothing in the anime can ever hint at a future game, because the games are not based off of the anime.

That's all that is being said.

I agree with BCVM22, they didn't have to make FR/LG at that time if they really would want to make the Kanto Pokemon possible to get, they would have just make areas where the kanto Pokemon is there, and other methods to get the kanto legendary Pokemon in R/S/E.

Now there's something most People haven't noticed:

R/S champion's room has Pokemon Pearl's color theme.
Emerald's champion's room has Pokemon Diamond's Color theme.
Each room has Platinum's color theme in the top wall, so i think this is Pokemon D/P/Pt hint.

D/P champion room is White, While in Platinum is Black, a hint for Pokemon B/W.( We still don't know what's the 3rd game of Gen V but in both rooms there's Grey areas).

So in B/W The Champion room's color could be a hint for a future Pokemon game, one of the Gen VI games.

Unova's Champion room is... entirely gold.

I don't think this is a hint. It's more than likely simply a coincidence.

Vivian
22nd February 2012, 5:15 PM
The third game/ one of gen VI games might be called topaz.
Topaz might also be the name of the third game, as a reference to kyurems yellow eyes.
Have you noticed that reshiram has blue eyes, zekrom has red eyes and kyurem has yellow eyes ? That might be a reference to Red/blue/yellow(pikachu in japan).

HyperXhydra95
22nd February 2012, 6:21 PM
The third game/ one of gen VI games might be called topaz.
Topaz might also be the name of the third game, as a reference to kyurems yellow eyes.
Have you noticed that reshiram has blue eyes, zekrom has red eyes and kyurem has yellow eyes ? That might be a reference to Red/blue/yellow(pikachu in japan).

No, it's actually Red/Green in japan, if the red and the blue eyes refers to something it would R/S remakes, and please stop talking about kanto remakes because there's already one, not to mention in all the previous generations you can go to Kanto, and I doubt they will Remake FR/LG.

Also about N quote about the world is Grey, that doesn't mean it's really going to be called Grey, GF always comes up with a name not predictable, it would be nice if it's gonna be Chrome, though I won't mind if it's Grey.

HyperXhydra95
22nd February 2012, 6:27 PM
Unova's Champion room is... entirely gold.

I don't think this is a hint. It's more than likely simply a coincidence.
So the gold and silver pokeball floor in D/P/Pt and the Black and White floor in FR/LG is a coincidence?

I'm sure we'll see a color like this in Gen VI maybe Pokemon Citrine or Zircon.

[ACE] Zero
22nd February 2012, 7:30 PM
not to mention in every generation you can go to Kanto

This is incorrect for B/W, therefore invalid.

Also about N quote about the world is Grey, that doesn't mean it's really going to be called Grey, GF always comes up with a name not predictable, it would be nice if it's gonna be Chrome, though I won't mind if it's Grey.

Black, White and Chrome!?! how does Chrome even make sense??

345tom
22nd February 2012, 7:47 PM
I assume not Gray/Grey just because it doesn't sound appealing, and a fancy name will be given to it. Plus, I can't think of any other cases where Americanisms are in pokemon, though I know there must be an Americanism, or a proper English example.

Falconx03
22nd February 2012, 8:51 PM
I assume not Gray/Grey just because it doesn't sound appealing, and a fancy name will be given to it. Plus, I can't think of any other cases where Americanisms are in pokemon, though I know there must be an Americanism, or a proper English example.

I am sure that if it is Grey, after a few weeks of saying it you will find it perfectly fine. I felt the same way about Ruby and Sapphire until I got back into Pokemon for HeartGold.

Rex Kamex
22nd February 2012, 9:07 PM

If people are interested in a third game, they'll try to get it no matter what they'd think of a name like Gray/Grey. Besides, many people think it'll be that name anyway (myself included).

Grei
22nd February 2012, 10:01 PM
I'd say this (http://pokebeach.com/2012/02/placeholder-for-kyurem-forme-found-in-black-and-white-coding) is a hint for future games, if nothing else.

Kyurem having the placeholder data in Black and White for a new forme seems pretty "hinty" to me.

Shine
22nd February 2012, 11:02 PM
Black, White and Chrome!?! how does Chrome even make sense??

Monochrome.
Black-and-white images are sometimes called as monochrome images. In fact, the color that people most associate with the word "Monochrome" are Black & White.

Dragrath
22nd February 2012, 11:44 PM

Most likely it will be a ruby sapphire remake with improvements from Emerald (similar to what was done with the Jotto remakes)

Shadow XD001
22nd February 2012, 11:46 PM

Well, it would be easier if R/S had remakes because than you wouldn't need a Link Cable and the games could be playable on the (3)DS Would make trading with the Hoenn games A LOT easier. Also, I think it would be smart to release one of the games on the 3DS and one on the DS. Unless if they won't be released for a while at which point most people wouldn't play a DS and just play the 3DS, than both should be released on the 3DS.

Anyway, wasn't there some hint of Musharna in FireRed/LeafGreen? Something about a flower Pokémon, I think.

Wulava
23rd February 2012, 1:40 AM
People, this is not a guessing game for the third version's name.
Please support your speculations with in-game hints ONLY FROM BLACK/WHITE.
That includes dialogues, items, music, game code, locations, etc...

If you can't keep up with the rules, we'll close this thread.
This is our SECOND warning.

RandomDSdevel
22nd May 2012, 11:31 PM
Hey, shouldn't we be looking for hints in promotional material for Pokémon Black and White Versions 2? For example, the Japanese box artwork for Pokémon Black 2 has a Sapphire hidden behind it; likewise, Pokémon White 2's artwork has a hidden ruby. Are these hints in the American box art as well?

ShinyMienshao
23rd May 2012, 4:47 PM
There were quite a lot of hints in HG/SS about the ruby and sapphire remakes.

Kall El
3rd June 2012, 7:18 PM
There's always little hints that some people pick up on and others that we never see :p
But yeah the hints of Dive and other RSE references are present.
With BW2 being announced, I guess you could say that there was a huge hint at this game
with the storyline and plot. With N going away and Ghetsis escaping, with Kyurem not being involved.
A new set of games involving Kyurem, N and Ghetsis etc were hinted at to an extent :]

Sworn Metalhead
13th July 2012, 1:20 AM
I can't wait for the Emerald remake. Some other hints include: in Pt, the pokeball above the Pokemon League was black and white. Also the pokeball on the floor in the pokecentres were gold and silver. In SS/HG: there are emeralds throughout mewtwo's cave, and the pokeballs on the flors of the pokecentres are green.

Excitable Boy
13th July 2012, 1:22 AM
Guys!

Look at the colors of the Pokemon Centers and the old Poke Marts! That's right, red and blue! You know what this means, right?

Wulava
13th July 2012, 3:15 AM
Thread closed.

This is over a month old. Don't bump dead threads.