PDA

View Full Version : Mewtwo EX/Gardevoir

jmora8888
12th February 2012, 6:21 PM
**Scroll down for edit**

I was pretty lucky that i pulled most of the cards i needed to build this deck in only one booster box. Well here is a rough draft of what I have so far. I'm a little limited on the t/s/s I have at the moment btw. Anyway, here is the list:

Pkmn: 20

2 Mewtwo EX
4-2-3 Gardevoir
2-2 Darmanitan (Zen Mode)
2-2 Musharna (Ability)
1 Cleffa

T/S/S: 28

2 Prof. Oak's New Theory
2 Prof. Juniper
1 Prof. Elm's Training Method
3 Clian
1 Fisherman
1 Energy Retrieval
2 Heavy Ball
2 Level Ball
3 Pkmn Comm.
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
2 Exp. Share
2 Eviolite
2 Crush Hammer

Energy: 12

4 Double Colorless Energy
8 Psychic Energy

**Edit**

Pokemon: 19

3-2-3 Gardevoir
3-2-3 Gothitelle
3 Mewtwo EX

Trainers: 29

2 Cheren
2 PONT
2 Prof. Juniper
2 Cilan
1 Interviewer's Questions
1 Fisherman
1 Prof. Elm's New Theory
1 Pokemon Collector
3 Dual Ball
4 Pokemon Communication
2 Twins
3 Switch
3 Rare Candy
2 Eviolite

Energy: 12
4 Double Colorless
8 Psychic

Strategy is pretty obvious. Set up Gardevoir to feed energy to Mewtwo and Gothitelle.

Primal Crusader V
12th February 2012, 8:11 PM
This team is well balanced and organized. Though I would say you have to replace Cleffa with a support card. Potion, perhaps? What other alternate cards do you have?

ven?
13th February 2012, 6:59 AM
I'd say replace cleffa for another mewtwo EX, the deck doesn't need cleffa it needs a fast attacker, exp share is useless, more eviolite, i'd say take out darmaxtian it's just an extra bench prize for your opponent to catcher instead of taking out mewtwo or musharna. What kind of T/S/S do you have spare? even if you have cheren and or bianca, N, etc, anything to add to draw power.

Potions a waste when we're now dealing 150 base on a basic setup.

jmora8888
13th February 2012, 5:19 PM
Well I was thinking of adding gothitelle for more attack power. I like darmanitan because he has the potential to ko a mewtwo with only 2 heads

ven?
15th February 2012, 5:15 AM
Okay then I'm gonna be really real with you right now, darmatian is a bad card for a few reason's, it's to slow for setup in comparison to the card it's trying to counter (and the basic can get ohko'd the turn it's set down), and putting a dce down on darmatian is a waste and should really only be used for mewtwo Ex only, and your more likely to get only 100 damage on mewtwo to get turned around for a 160 ohko to darmatian. I have nothing against gardevior, just useless mewtwo EX counter's other then just mewtwo EX so you don't lose prize's you don't need to lose.

jmora8888
18th February 2012, 4:28 AM
*bump*

Edited the decklist. Let me know if its improved or not. Thanks!

ven?
19th February 2012, 4:28 AM
interesting concept, however I'd just stick with mewtwo, garde, and musharna, if you need more attacker's put in revive (however you're never going to need it anyway).

jmora8888
19th February 2012, 4:08 PM
I took musharna out for the same reason as darmaxitan, too slow. It's just sitting on the bench waiting to be catchered. Gothitelle takes a little while longer to set up but is crazy strong with gardevoir on the bench. I'm going to be testing this deck out today at league so i'll post how it did.

Nintendan
20th March 2012, 11:33 AM
I still think Exp Share should be included.
It will almost guarantee return Mewtwo KO's. If you have another Energy in hand, you attach and KO a Mewtwo EX with at least an Energy on it.
It will be similar to Quad Terrakion - the pressure never stops. That's where Mewtwo can shine a lot IMO, with the help of Gardevoir and Exp Share.