PDA

View Full Version : Rate these three RBY decks? :3 1-10

Interrupt
26th February 2012, 4:43 AM
I made these decks using only RBY cards way back with a full collection. I wanna see if I knew anything about trading cards. Each of them have:

x4 Bill
x3 Potion

And don't ask me what I was thinking when I named these decks. I just wanted to make them rhyme.

Burning Passion (Fire-themed deck)

x4 Charmander lv10
x3 Charmeleon lv32
x1 Charizard lv76
x2 Growlithe lv18
x1 Arcanine lv34
x4 Ponyta lv10
x4 Rapidash lv33
x3 Magmar lv24
x1 Moltres lv37 (It was a tough match between this and 35.)
x30 Fire Energy

Flowing Love (Grass/Water-ish deck)
x3 Nidoran (Male) lv20
x2 Nidorino lv25
x1 Nidoking lv48
x1 Oddish lv8
x1 Gloom lv22
x1 Vileplume lv35
x2 Exeggcute lv14
x1 Exeggcutor lv35
x3 Staryu lv15
x2 Starmie lv28
x4 Magikarp lv8 (I know what you're thinking..)
x4 Gyrados lv41 (Hm. Hm. Hm.)
x1 Articuno lv35
x1 Articuno lv37
x14 Grass Energy
x14 Water Energy

Strength From Above (Lightning (and one fighting chain. And also Eevee for good measure and to evolve to Jolteon) deck. Strange? Yes. Effective? Yes.)

4x Pikachu lv12
1x Raichu lv40
2x Raichu lv45
2x Jolteon lv24
2x Jolteon lv29
2x Zapdos lv64
4x Eevee
2x Geodude
2x Graveller
2x Golem
3x Fighting Energy
25x Lightning Energy

I had a psychic and colorless deck, but it sucked and everyone knew it.
Don't mind harshness, but keep in mind RBY cards sucked.

Southwind
26th February 2012, 11:52 AM
I don't know much about the first set of cards, but to me, these decks look a tad basic. Give your trainers some more variety, less Fire Energy in the first deck and more Fightning Energy in the last deck.

Interrupt
7th March 2012, 10:04 PM
#1 ty
#2 bump

ven?
11th March 2012, 4:14 AM
No trainer's and supporter's to help the deck out?

Interrupt
13th March 2012, 2:37 AM
*duh* *falls over anime style*

Trainers are listed at the beginning. Supporter's didn't exist before Neo Genesis. These decks are an attempt to see how RBY cards compare to modern cards.
I've learned they don't.
So I would like to be judged on a universal level and a pre-Neo Genesis level.

P.S My original idea for this deck came from hearing about a card champion that didn't use any cards after Neo Genesis.

ven?
15th March 2012, 5:14 PM
Righto, T/S/S is the acronym to explain all three different type's of cards, and second there was much better cards even in base set then bill and potion, like prof oak, mr.fuji (seeker), pokemon trader (pokemon communication), energy removal + super energy removal, gust of wind, computer search (junk arm for your deck) pokemon centre (way better then potion), scoop up, itemfinder (junk arm's true form), gambler, etc, etc. and that's good cards from base set to fossil, which explains that there is much better cards in those series then bill and potion.

Interrupt
18th March 2012, 9:50 PM
Ok. Pokémon Center and Gambler taken note of. The others I don't like so much. Sorry.

ven?
19th March 2012, 7:29 AM
Why are you saying sorry to me, tells me that you don't understand the game much.

SkittyOnWailord
19th March 2012, 4:28 PM
Why are you saying sorry to me, tells me that you don't understand the game much.

I agree to an extent. The cards listed in ven?'s post were used in pretty much every winning deck back them. To not use them means to not use good cards. And then you have to make a choice between making a good deck with good cards or a not-so-good deck without them and just using your favorites instead. Back in the old days good decks used about as many trainers as the average decks today use; about 20-25.

Interrupt
20th March 2012, 12:23 AM
I'm serious, I don't really like those cards. This is an experimental deck, not a competitive one. Not to mention I live about 300 miles away from official organizations for any card game. >__>

By the way, I really hope that Skitty is the boy.
*le terrible thoughts involving falling*
actually, I take that back.